[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some advise /toy/ never have kids I did and now I have to find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 12

File: Hach.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Hach.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
Some advise /toy/ never have kids
I did and now I have to find one of these stupid things!! they are sold out everywhere!! I have a better chance of finding a NES Classic then I do goddamn Hatchimal. they are going for $200-300 on ebay and there is a guy locally that is selling a couple for $800!
what the hell, man?!? $800!! I never spent that much on a toy in my life. what do I do /toy/?
>>
>>6017545
Buy a iphone instead, it's cheaper.
>>
>>6017545
Seriously though, I read a memo today at my shitty job(wal-mart) not to sell the black friday hatchimals early so there should be some available then.
>>
>>6017545
Go stand in line at TRU right now.
Seriously, otherwise you're fucked.
>>
>>6017545
Fight for em on Black Friday.
>>
>>6018279
Pretty much. Grabbed one as a gift a couple of weeks before it was decided that they were to become this year's Tickle Me Elmo. Secondary market prices are ridiculous.
>>
isnt it against ebay policy for them to jack it up this much over MSRP?

Even Walmarts site has become scalper central with their 3rd party vendors.
>>
My 4 year old suddenly decided she wanted one for christmas.

I'm one of the best toy hunters ever in my area and I dont see this thing popping up until after christmas. I'll have santa leave her an IOU because we're going to be swimming in these after christmas.
>>
They are easy to find here in the UK
>>
>>6018345
Go look again?

How much are they in UK?
>>
File: walmartvendorscalping.jpg (213KB, 1370x805px) Image search: [Google]
walmartvendorscalping.jpg
213KB, 1370x805px
Walmart vendors are scalping the crap out of them through Walmart.com. Sad.
>>
remember Zhu Zhu hamsters? How eBay and craigslist were flooded with scalpers right before Christmas that year? The toys turned out to be such shit that the damn things were returned to Walmart in droves the day after Christmas, and stores couldn't move them at clearance prices after.

Same deal here. Even if they're good the things will be in abundance after Christmas, and if they're shit they'll go on clearance.

NES Classic? I run emulators on y computer, I'm not wasting $60 on games I already have access to, with fewer features than a PC emulator offers. Nintendo has also said more stock is coming. It'll be like amiibos, low stock at first, then sheer abundance later on. Plus Nintendo doesn't deserve my money.
>>
>>6018421
I think he was just using the NES Classic as an example being that it is also sold out
>>
>>6018356
£60 ($76)

And they are sold out everywhere, at least online anyway
>>
Can I put it in my ass as it's hatching?
So that I can pretend I'm giving birth to it, just keep it in my ass until it's fully hatched.
>>
>>6018399
>pengualla
>bearakeet
>owlicorn

this is some chinpokomon tier shit
>>
my kid sister got one of these and the hatching thing was pretty neat but she kind of lost interest after that
>>
>>6018532
The hatching gimmick is it's selling point.
In other words, it's no longer interesting after it hatches, so you have to buy new ones to hatch.
>>
>>6018513
if you've loosened your ass enough over the years, sure
>>
>>6018540
It's a one time thing? That sucks.
>>
>>6018540
Some genius combined Shopkins with Furbies.
>>
>>6018576
I still don't know what the hell shopkins are
>>
They're shit I got my daughter one for her birthday total waste of money
>>
File: 56078_SPKS4_2Pk_CDU_FRONT_PP.jpg (55KB, 442x480px) Image search: [Google]
56078_SPKS4_2Pk_CDU_FRONT_PP.jpg
55KB, 442x480px
>>6018599
A poorly painted novelty pencil topper that sells for $3 for a blind bag two pack. But nobody buys them because they like pencil toppers, they buy them because of gambling addictions.
>>
Tbh weird as it sounds kids, well my kid loves magnets. I've bought her also rats of expensive toys she doesn't bother with them but my Buckie balls she will sit and play with for ages. I see these geomagnet sets has anybody else bought one of these and how was it ?
>>
>>6018620
Auto correct. Was meant to be alsorts of expensive toys.
>>
How does the hatching actually work? Is it a robot that breaks out like a real chick would?
>>
>>6018639
Yeah it just turns inside the egg and the beak pops out breaking holes in the egg
>>
I'm assuming its a furbee in an egg.

I saw these before my daughters birthday and was like 'ok thats boring' then now hearing my daughter go "I want one..." im like mehhhhhhh

I'll just direct her attention at other cool toys. Got her a roaring Kion thing the other day for Xmas.
>>
>>6017545
So it's a multicolored plush penguin stuffed into a disintegrating egg? Of all the fad toys, this one is the worst. Who deemed this the hot new Christmas item and why can't these kinda toys actually be worth the hype?
>>
Didnt spinmaster last year flood the market with Legendary Yoda people tried to pay 150 for before it dropped to 40 because it flooded the pegs?

Screw Spinmaster.
>>
How did the marketers get to the kids anyway?
>>
>>6018700
by putting a video/button pusher in toy aisle and spamming the airwaves of cartoons.

My 4 year old "I WISH I HAD A HATCHIMAL!"
>>
>>6018639
>How does the hatching actually work?
Ive seen a lot of videos online and read some reviews. It seems that it doesnt actually breat out of the shell. It spin inside the egg and the beak will crack it, but you actually have to break the shell apart by hand to get it out. LAME.
>>
>>6018700

Literal brainwashing.

Commercials during kids cartoons, and with so many little kids having access to their parents smartphones and computers, paid shills on youtube doing "unboxing" videos on popular kids youtube channels.

My 6 year old niece wont shut the fuck up about Ugliest Pet Shop and Shopkins, and she sits around watching unboxing vidoes on youtube, wishing she had a mountain of these things for herself.
>>
>>6018709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIYaUSrwDH4

Thats pretty lame.
>>
>over $100 for a tiny ass teddy bear
kek
>>
>>6018736
Its basically a furby. They just covered it in an egg.
>>
File: hpJRIC9.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hpJRIC9.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>6018719
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTI6H_mmJDs

So basically it spins and pecks...then you pull it out, it sings happy birthday...and..well thats lame.
>>
File: image.png (117KB, 283x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 283x278px
>>6018744
The fuck is this kids problem
>>
File: image.png (86KB, 252x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 252x270px
>>6018760
Man, fuck this kid
>>
>>6018764

I think thats the best part, honestly.

Kids like "SCREW WAITING!!!"
>>
>>6018764
At least the kid is considering the long term consequences of owning one of those things. It's going to end up getting fucked up by those kids through regular play.
>>
Target worker here.
These are in our ad for this week and we had a shit ton of moms rush into our store to get one at opening.
i want to say about 20 or so separate families or so. little did they know, we only got 5 instock.
luckily I dont work in some ghetto target (mostly a rich community around us) so no fights broke out but there was a lot of yelling between them all. shit was pretty funny.

If i knew these were so popular, I would have bought them when they first came to our store. nobody cared for them and they were sitting on the shelf for a couple of days.
>>
>>6018984
So who got them? First come or Disney Store style lottery system or something?
>>
>>6018990
Ugh disney store lottery store style was awful. That happened for general grievous figure. Never wanted to go through that
>>
how much does it suck for you parents when your kids get manipulated into wanting shit gimmick toys?
>>
>>6018990
first come first serve.
>>
I'd just buy my kid a 2DS/3DS and a Pokemon game for the prices these are going for.
>>
>>6018716
>youtube
yeah, its shocking how it seems every kid just watches youtube nonstop.
>>6018699
my brother got one for birthday in Feb, it was like 60 or 80
>>6018696
>>6018540
>>6018557

dude is a friggin genius whoever came up with that. A diabolical wants to watch the world burn genius, but genius non the less. All the primary entertainment in these things is essentially a glorified unboxing in which the box can never be used again. This pretty much ruins any second hand selling, and makes it so kids wanting to do it again need a new one.
>>
>>6018716

This is pitiful, especially because they are shit toys and incredibly overpriced. Nobody wants the toy, just the box opening.
>>
>>6018707
>>6018700
I think youtube is the best for pushing your crap nowadays. Get some asshole with a million subscribers to do a unboxing and bam, you have a hit.
>>
>>6019146
Forget plastic-crack, this is plastic-heroine.
>>
>>6019249
*heroin
>>
>>6019215
>I think youtube is the best for pushing your crap nowadays

this.
thats probably how shopkins got popular.
>>
>>6018984
Yeah it's weird, when they first came out I thought they looked like crap and wouldn't sell very well. Once I started seeing how they actually hatch I thought it was pretty cool but not worth the outrageous price tag. Didn't know they'd do so damn good consider the price.
>>
>>6019365
>Didn't know they'd do so damn good consider the price.

its pretty much this generations Furby. they retail for $50 so thats actually not too bad. I believe furby was like $70 when the new version of them came out.
but yeah, i saw the hatching processes and it is kinda neat. i can see how kids can get a kick out of that.
>>
>>6019382
I find it hard to beleive they can be PATIENT that long. This generation is too instant gratification minded for me to have ever guessed they would sit around for 20-30 mins hatching it
>>
looked these mother fucker up on youtube and its nightmare fuel this shits creepy and really stupid after it hatches
>>
>>6018719
>15 minutes
>starts with some autistic kid dancing around a fake egg
>finally stops babbling and hatches the thing
>bitches about how it's blue instead of green

Jesus Christ who watches these things? How did these kind of videos get so popular?
>>
>>6017545

cool gimmick... but shit fucking execution. if this had a cool dinosaur in it though... then again I don't know if parents would have lapped it up if it wasn't actually retarded looking.
>>
>>6018557
Just like virginity.
>>
Getting married with the gf soon and honestly sometimes I wonder how shitty it'd be if my kid has shit taste in toys... but on the other hand that might mean he/she would stay uninterested in my toys and would never wreck it...
>>
>>6017545
Tell them to fuck off
Dont let your kids be victims of fads
>>
>>6020262
Dont get married, its the biggest mistake you will ever make.
>>
>>6020145
>baby animatronic dinosaur that I can hatch
>it chirps and crawls around and makes baby dinosaur noises when you pet it
why must you hurt me so
>>
>>6020145
>>6020636
good lord, that would be amazing. I remember wanting the raptor hatchling as a kid, getting one that actually moved andsounded like the baby raptor in the hatching scene from JP would be too much to ever resist getting.

Bonus points they include a way to reseal it in the egg without it being some sort of pre determined breakage points.
>>
File: 1309375462572.jpg (44KB, 685x487px) Image search: [Google]
1309375462572.jpg
44KB, 685x487px
>>6018716
>>6019146
Youtube has turned into a terrible beast feeding on 15 minute videos padded with bullshit
>>
Well, I'm boned.

My 4 year old tells EVERYONE she wants one. FFFF
>>
>>6021039

It's OK OP. Children need to learn what disappointment is. It will break your heart, but the sooner they learn it, the better.
>>
>>6020636
>>6020841

why and how the fuck did this happen first before a toy raptor hatching out of the egg is so damned confusing. hell, even a regular penguin would be better than these.
>>
>>6020397

this is /toy but if you are/were married and have some shit to share, do share. gf has never been against me collecting toys etc but i would be lying if i said the idea of getting married doesn't scare me.
>>
>>6018335
U wot m8?

eBay isn't about MSRP in the slightest. The policy of eBay is that you list it for whatever price you want and if somebody is willing to pay it, then congrats on your sale. They don't give a fuck how much more than MSRP something is listed for. That is how the aftermarket works. It is entirely based on rarity, demand, and the whims of the sellers.
>>
>>6018760
>>6018764

>Talking shit about based Evan

Nigga is top tier when it comes to toy reviews
>>
>>6021583
I wasn't talking shit, it's supposed to be from the Egg's point of view. Re-read it with that in mind
>>
File: tmp_23461-All the eggs-27235773.png (23KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23461-All the eggs-27235773.png
23KB, 208x200px
>>6021586

Egg kino
>>
>>6021563
I'm a formerly married anon, my marriage was really dumb.

>make sure they're responsible with finances (duh)
>live with them for a while. Their worst should come out.
>mentally note what things you don't like and keep in mind you may be living with shit like that for a while.
>if you get a bad gut feeling, it's better to break it off before going ahead with that shit.
>make sure they're religiously stable
No shit, the person I married was originally Catholic and then swapped to Mormonism halfway through and it made everything so much worse.
>>
>>6021776
>religiously stable
I recall one anon who dated a Jesus-freak Catholic girl saying it was like dating a girl who already had a boyfriend that took priority over him.
>>
>>6021783
>>6021776
mormon girls can be tough to deal with in some cases, especially when they come from strict religious families(could say the same for any girl in a religion really), but if you want to establish a strong family, then a mormon chick is definitely the way to go. Just be aware that for the most stable family life in a Mormon family, you will need to convert and marry in the temple. They are pretty big on that. But I seen too many happy ends with buddies who got involved with them to completely discount them.

The religion and family are very much tied together, hell the way they describe it to me, family seems to come first in their church.
>>
This is giving me horrendous flashbacks to when furby first came out and people were beating the shit out of each other over them in stores. I witnessed two different fights at the KB toys that was open in the mall near me at the time, mostly angry rednecks.
>>
>>6021565
Yeah but I thought after the Wii debacle years ago, there was a policy put in place.
>>
File: tp-wallpaper-1920x1440_a_s1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tp-wallpaper-1920x1440_a_s1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1440px
>>6018614
I liked them better when they were called trashpacks.
>>
>>6022577
i heard about some sort of policy as well, what i heard is it is very subjective and limited in what it can do. think it is mostly designed for day one launch scalping protection.
>>
>>6018519
>this is some chinpokomon tier shit

I got Shoe!
>>
>>6022684
No joek I'd totally buy that drumstick
>>
>An electronic toy simulating a nature process is more interesting than raiding animald

Shit.. Meant to say sterile so parents domt have to worry about diseases
>>
>>6023630
I disagree with you there, to a point having to "raise" an animatronic critter is better than having a real one. If your kid is barely interested in messing about with a toy animal, that usually translates into owning a real one. But to a point it can teach patience, so that's something.
>>
File: IMG_1860.jpg (33KB, 296x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1860.jpg
33KB, 296x500px
Reminds me of pic related. My cousins had one of these years ago and it looked pretty neat. Same cousins are begging for hatchimals now.
>>
>>6023933
See, I'm too picky for this kind of shit and was even as a kid. I'd want to know what I was getting so my time and money weren't wasted on one I didn't totally love.
>>
File: 5119C49650569047F576452CDBFAE35C.jpg (387KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
5119C49650569047F576452CDBFAE35C.jpg
387KB, 2000x2000px
I remember wanting a Furby as a kid. Never got one(except for those happy meal toys), and frankly, I'm glad I didn't. That being said, this this is fucking adorable.
>>
File: tumblr_oe2p4kRYUi1te0qnyo8_500.jpg (14KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe2p4kRYUi1te0qnyo8_500.jpg
14KB, 480x424px
>>6021074
So you're saying all my christmas and birthday disappointments forged me into the wonderful person I am today?
>>
>>6024796
Yeah I thought it was crazy that the preorders for hatchimals were already open when the only pictures they had in-store were of kids holding these eggs. Why would someone drop 60 bucks without knowing what they were getting into?
>>
>>6021776

sorry to hear anon. my current gf is okay with me being an atheist, actually recently, through no depression or such she lost her faith, just didn't really work for her. financially she is doing well. i have a bad gut feeling because she tends to get insecure and suspect me cheating on her for nothing. just gets tiring to reassure someone from time to time about that.

toy wise, she is okay with me collecting toys, so no obstruction there. she also understands that when we move in together or have a family, i'd want to have a room where i have my work area and a dedicated shelf area to keep my toys from kids lol.

we'll see...

but blog post aside... I still think furbies had a lot more appeal than this hatchimal thing... because once it hatches... you end up with a really shitty bootleg looking tie dye chicken penguin bs.
>>
>>6025139

Not trying to start shit but an accusational conscience is normally a guilty subconscious dude. If she seems concerned that you're cheating out of "absolutely nowhere", there is something causing it. Either she has some deep seated trust issues that you dont know about or is constantly thinking of cheating because its on her mind too.
>>
Said this in another thread, but how the FUCK are returns on these little bastards gonna work?

Their main appealing feature is that the kids hatch them and raise them. After they've hatched from an egg you can't put them back in, if they get returned, what fucking value are they gonna have?
>>
>>6026790
well, it gets treated like pretty much most toys that are opened and returned. it either gets sent to donation or back to the manufacturer. mostly the latter.

not all toys that get returned goes straight back to the sales floor, you know.
>>
>>6026801
Does the manufacturer re-egg them or something?
>>
>>6026812

Like most opened returns, and old or damaged stock, they will be thrown in big bins, and "salvaged out" and sold to an auctioneer that will turn around and sell it by the pound to anybody who wants it.
>>
>>6025124
It took a few weeks for them to fully take off in popularity. We had full stock when they released, despite cardboard cutouts trying to hype them up.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.