[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beasts of the Mesozoic: Raptors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

So the Raptors backerkit is closing on the 15th, pretty much everything has been seen (minus the rest of the babbies)

You getting anything?

Hyped for the Ceratopians?
>>
>babbies
I can't decide what colors I want

probably red, but I've got a dark brown raptor too damnit
>>
>>6013758
>You getting anything?
Yes
>Hyped for the Ceratopians?
Nope
>>
>>6013758
It would also help if I posted the backerkit link

https://beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

>>6013770
which ones, anon?
>>
>>6013801
The ones without feathers =^}
>>
>>6013806
but how are you supposed to cuddle them without feathers
>>
Too lazy to make a new mock up, but I'm getting these three raptors, babies in both grey and black, and 3 out of 4 accessory packs(everything except desert). Don't really want the mountain pack but must have the dino, and I'm sure I'll get some use out of a snowy backdrop here and there.
>>
>>6013758
I've never done a kickstarter funding before. I noticed a lot of the stretch goals say "add to existing order of at least $35" Does this mean if I want one one of the stretch goal designs, I need to donate for one of the original 3 models as well?
>>
>>6013822

Or the print, yes. I went with the print because I love Mark Schultz and don't care about the original 3 raptors. Or you can just wait until the raptors are out and in the guy's store- everything will likely be the same price except the accessory packs which will be more expensive.
>>
>>6013822
the kickstarter ended already, so you don't need to worry about "you need x for y" or anything. The backerkit is just additional preorders for those who missed the kickstarter

minus the blue raptor, everything is there, but like $5 more or something
>>
Is there any way to buy these after they release? They look cool but I want to know about the quality so I don't waste my money
>>
>>6013830
So what are the odds on the blue raptor being expensive down the line? Just seeing if I should be a jew and order a couple to resell to lessen the hit of these. Personally I think it looks like garbage so I have 0 desire for one, but if I can sell it for $60 a year from now I'll buy 6 and get all my shit for free.
>>
>>6013835
depends on demand, I think. Since it's the KS exclusive it'll sell for more by default, but I ain't no fortune teller

>>6013834
There will be leftovers up for sale on his store next summer, he said
>>
>>6013763
Probably gonna get a few red baby raptors but repaint them to match the raptors I got (Balaur and Atrocirapror).

That, or Troodon just because it'll be about right for a 1/12 Troodon to scale with my Figmas.
>>
>>6013758
Picked myself up an Albertensis
10/10 levels of hype, 11/10 if the claw feathers are in any way removable.
>Ceratopians
cool idea, but won't be hyped until i see them probably
>>
>>6013758
>ceratopsians

Eh, I might go for them after seeing their size and detail. The only herbivores I'd REALLY want to see would be a Stegosaurus, iguanadontids, or a hadrosaur of some sort so my JP Rex and Allosaurus can have something to be displayed with.
>>
>>6013910
that troodon is fucking adorable and I want ten
>>
>>6014074
I know, right? Plus it's articulated about as much as a Kenner JP Raptor. Gonna scrounge up some cash for a pair.
>>
>>6013931 >claw feathers
should be, since the build-a set lets you decide which to put on

I'm very torn; the only raptors I really wanted are all desert-based, but I love the other environments too. I really shouldn't get them without raptors to use with them...
>>
>>6019542
fuck it, I can repaint the bases and print new backdrops.
3 raptors + BAF
4 environments
2 postcard sets
1 print
$335
>>
>20 hours left
>hasn't painted the rest of the babbies
fuck
not a fan of the updated grey one, the yellow around the eyes looks odd

fuck it, getting the red one
>>
>>6019542
>are all desert-based

Who cares? It's not like they'll look out of place on the mountain or forest environment.
>>
>had to buy at least 1 other raptor first in order to be able to buy the blue raptor
I was disappointed, but oh well. Just went with the standard orange raptor. It should be about as big as my Revoltech T.Rex.
>>
File: scale.jpg (342KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
342KB, 600x665px
>>6019808
>It should be about as big as my Revoltech T.Rex.
I mean, if you want to use it as a dwarf Rex for them to hunt
>>
Ordered two normal raptors and decided to end at that. Somehow I'm really concerned about the paint quality of actual, final product. Looks like it could go wrong so easily
>>
Friendly reminder that there is now less than two hours to put in orders for raptors
>>
>>6021172
Thanks for the heads up. I was really debating hard whether to add to my list of 3 but I think that's enough. The Linheraptor was what I was eyeing because I think the colours look amazing, but I'll pass for now. Silva's raised a lot of money between the KS and the backer kit, so I think he's proved his point about articulated dinosaurs being something that would sell. Looking forward to the ceratopians.
>>
>>6021203
limiting was hard when he had so many great things to pick from

I don't think I've been so stoked for a line as a whole, he really did a great job
>>
I just put in a single order for the alt paint Dromaeosaurus. Wish I could have put in orders for more things, but sadly the timing is too close to Christmas. Hopefully there will be other things to get when he puts the leftovers on his store.
>>
>>6013763
remember they are based on real world bird colors and seldom does the chick colors match adult if that helps
>>
Why would i wanna buy action figures of chickens OP?
>>
>>6021407
why would you not want articulated chickens and turkeys? seriously man
>>
I got the Tsaagan, the KS exclusive, the Zhenyuanlong, the forest and desert packs, and the babbies (white)

RIP IN PEACE MY WALLET
>>
>>6021412

That'd be pretty gay, honestly.
>>
>>6021412
Not even a feather fag, but 1/6 articulated game fowl would be fun as fuck! Imagine the displays of 1:18 figures like Joes facing a monstrous turkey, or Figma's riding chickens like chocobos.
>>
>>6021734
EXACTLY

Maybe this guy can make some terror birds if he gets enough requests?
>>
>>6022536
>Terror birds

Hell yeah. I'd settle for even Gastorniths or a Moa.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.