[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy Reviewer Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 38

File: 1384052222525.png (163KB, 566x600px) Image search: [Google]
1384052222525.png
163KB, 566x600px
Lets get a toy reviewer thread going. Who do you like to watch, who don't you like, & what stuff can you not stand?
>>
>>6009457
Thew
Runescape228/Runestone
Chefatron
Baltmatrix

I used to watch Peaugh back when he used to do reviews with enthusiasm and love for the figure. Now he just drones on listlessly about a toy for 5 minutes after spending 20 on the box, neither segment actually describing what he liked or didn't like about the figure. If he doesn't want to review toys anymore then he should stop doing it and get a real job. Optibotimus has always been shit.
>>
File: 5100.jpg (625KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
5100.jpg
625KB, 1000x667px
>makes a mistake about a feature of the toy
>talks about how he got it wrong instead of just editing it out of the video and doing the bit over
>>
File: 2016-11-07-17-21-19--698068483.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-07-17-21-19--698068483.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>6009473
Does the same thing as peaugh, but gets away with it because he still seems to enjoy his hobby.
>>
Video reviewers are cancer.

I just stick with pic blogs like hacchaka or schizophonic9. That's enough for me.
>>
I saw Pixel Dan in person yesterday

It was awful
>>
>>6009457
Stevens toy reviews
>>
Toy Galaxy is a new favourite of mine.
They deserve way more subs than they currently have.
I am not Toy Galaxy.
>>
Jobby and Thew for keks.

Used to watch Peaugh for information but he's gotten to a point where emgo is more informative than he is.
>>
>>6009457
Transformers ENI are one if the best out there when it comes to being informative, but they've been dead for the past month.
>>
>>6009497
Fuck off, Toy Galaxy
>>
Anthonyscustoms
>>
>>6009506
You could literally throw 30 day old shit onto a wall and watch the shit crusts fall and you'd still have a better time than watching one of his shitty reviews.
>>
>>6009492
Was it everything you expected it to be?
>>
>>6009506
Is it the way he reviews figures of other people from properties he knows literally nothing about and is too lazy to Google for a few seconds before telling his viewers that "the figure is good, I recommend it." and boasting about how objective he is?

Is it the shitty posing?

The riveting lack of a single iota of passion dripping from his every word as he shows the figure off?
>>
>>6009513
He looks like an even bigger weirdo shill when you're in the same room as him
>>
Toy Galaxy, Thew, Fwoosh, Type V3, Death Reviews, Glenn Webb RIP
>>
>>6009514
It's the way he keeps buying Play Arts Kai figures despite always bitching about how shitty, overpriced, shittily sculpted and lazily engineered they are.
>>
>>6009514
Not knowing the source material would actually make him more objective as he doesn't have any biases that come with an attachment to it

I don't think I've ever seen any of his reviews, so I don't have anything specific to say about him, but that's an off-base criticism.
>>
>tolerable, functional review tier
Shartimus, optibotimus, anthony's customs. Most of the time, I just want to know how far the joints on a toy will move. These guys have a good camera, lighting, and will show that off, so they're at least watchable.

>well produced, entertaining reviews that I'll watch even if I'm not interested in the toy
Vangelus, thew, type v3, toygalaxy. I'm a big fan of actually doing scripted stuff, and even if it gets formulaic it's still more watchable than an awkward guy rambling about a toy for 20 minutes. Seriously, I'm not gonna watch someone talk about a slightly remolded deluxe for 20 goddamned minutes in one take.

>>6009501
They're almost in the second tier, but the guy doing them needs to take a speech class or something. He's on the right track but it needs work.

>>6009500
Thew had a rough spot, but it feels like he likes transformers again so it's all good. Jobby has become a self-parody, but he's still in that 6-month period where it's not far enough to be a detriment. Peaugh used to be cool, but now he pretty much just points at joints and says "there's a thigh swivel here".

>>6009487
comeseetoys is pretty good for this, you have any other recommendations for just pictorial stuff?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
This guy has been posting his videos in a TF trade group I'm in on facebook. I've watched a couple and I can't tell yet if he's complete crap or just mostly crap.

https://youtu.be/ED5gTLacrMw
>>
Thew, Vangelus, Jobby the Hong - for their entertainment value and the thought and craft they put into their videos.

Bobby Skullface - For an actual honest opinion and very thorough practical reviews.

YouheiDX - because no one does video like his

Also will watch videos by Baltmatrix, PixelDan, Shartimus, TJOmega if they're reviewing something I'm interested in.
>>
>>6009524
Fuck off Anthony.
>>
Who was the guy who posted here and dressed like the grim reaper or something spooky? those were the only video reviews I've ever watched

Text/pictures > video
>>
>>6009457
Thew
Bobby
Emgo (I know)
Ben's Collectibles occasionally.

Thew has best production values.
>>
>>6009532
Death Reviews?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJGRYT_YKmynJXVDqsunwQ
>>
For figma, it has to be Mecha Gaikotsu.
Jobbythehong for keks.
Outsidetheboxreviews for Neca stuff.
Tyler Edwards is also decent for figma though I don't really enjoy listening to his Canadian accent for more than a few minutes.

I don't know why people like Thew so much, he's cringey as fuck and the videos focus more on him than the toys he's reviewing. If you must show your face in a product review at least keep it brief, fuck.
>>
>>6009524
He doesn't need to know the ins and outs of the source material and have an emotional attachment to it, but he could at least do a small Google search to check the character in question out to see if the company hit the mark on sculpt, accessories, whether the figure has enough articulation for the character's role in the story (i.e. if the character is shown to be very agile or whether he's a simple businessman), etcetera.

It also conveys a detachment to his viewers if you want to look at it from a reviewer quality channel. Something which, mind you, is only emphasized by his lackluster deadpan tone.
>>
>>6009536
The fuck is wrong with a Canadian accent, eh?
>>
>>6009529
Real mature, fella
>>
>>6009541
It just gets annoying really fast when it's as thick as Tyler Edwards. Much like Scottish, Irish or any other dialect.

Still not as bad as Meades and his retarded giggling.
>>
>>6009538
>Google search to check the character in question out to see if the company hit the mark on sculpt, accessories

I'll give you those, but articulation can be good or bad without context. I hate the idea that Terminator toys shouldn't be super articulated just because they don't do much in the movies.
>>
>>6009526
Oh hey! Ive seen that guy. He's not half bad to watch.

Im not Terry.
>>
>>6009549
hi guys my name is meades

this is going to be a review of anon who doesn't like my giggling *heehee*

so he really doesn't like how i talk and that makes me pretty sad *heehee*
>>
>>6009554
true, but I'm much more likely to excuse it when a guy in heavy armor can't be contorted in the most flexible of poses than when a ninja character can't even lift his legs up further than 30 degrees.
>>
Its too bad more of you don't collect 1:6/Hot Toys, so you could know of the utter joy that is TheClipperKing. Gotta love a guy who mods Hot Toys with a zippo lighter.
>>
>>6009487
I rarely find pictorial reviews as good when it comes to articulation unless they take a whole lot of pictures and/or are good at posing. But they're great for everything else.
>>
>>6009501
>you post this
>they post a new video within the hour
Uh huh, sure.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJlZJbE8-mk
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-05-12-17-53.png (628KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-05-12-17-53.png
628KB, 1280x720px
Whats up with toy reviews and their fucking cat?
I understand loving your pet but its not like picking the fucker up and putting him on the floor is gonna make the thing hate you.
>>
>>6009628
Someone post the review with with that ugly burn victim-lookin dog.
>>
>>6009628
Moving one just makes it more determined to be right there.
>>
>>6009579
I love Uncle Clipper. He's what got me into Hot Toys in the first place.

Apparently he's got another baby on the way and they need his collection room, so sadly he's out of the game.
>>
>>6009628
what venom is that?
>>
They've alreday all started to do that shit that video game reviewers do, where everyone plays a character, does unfunny sketch comedy, and spends 80% of the review not actually reviewing the product.

Review the goddamn thing already, don't make us sit through your awful attempts at humor! It's bad enough 99% of game reviewers are unwatchable, now it's toy reviewers doing this shit. AVGN was never funny, don't copy that shit.
>>
>>6009457
>what stuff can you not stand
Any review that opens with "Hellooooooooooooooo Youtube". I genuinely just turn off any review that starts like that. Experience has taught me that such a start never bodes well.
>>
>what stuff can you not stand

Reading text off the box. Double hate if they do it in a stupid character voice. Hold it up to the screen, let people pause if they wish, don't read it out loud.

Reviews that take 30 minutes to an hour- it's an action figure, 5-10 minutes is sufficient

Showing off the articulation when the reviewer only covers one brand that has universal articulation(GI Joe reviewers will do this, yeah, we KNOW how it moves, it's a line-wide standard)

Describing the colors- yeah, I'm LOOKING AT IT so I can see what colors it is. Color blind courtesy doesn't apply, they don't see that color you just named anyway.
>>
Steve from Superunimportantreviews. Besides forcing the horrible unfunny skits ever fucking video he has the goofiest voice and just says nice a whole lot.
>>
>>6009457
i hate hate hate hate it once the reviewer starts mouthbreathing on cam
goddamn
>>
TJOmega is one of the best reviewers ever, he puts all the effort he can and actually scripts and edits everything himself, not to mention his lets plays are some of the best gaming on YouTube I have ever seen.
>>
>>6009833
He used to be. I still enjoy his Random Reviews sometimes, but the days when he did skits and edited shit to hell and back are still gone.
>>
>>6009833
Oh TJ,

You loon.
>>
I watch a ton of reviews for different reasons because I'm not a biased fucker and I also know what a mute button and how to fast forward a vid to the proper parts if theres something I don't give a shit about.

Don't really hate any of them.
>>
>>6009618
Captain Cuckold
>>
>>6009833
Isn't that the fuckhead who insulted a fan once for donating a toy, just because he had a copy of the toy already? Then he pretended someone /toy/ dislikes ripped him off so that /toy/ might like him? He can get mugged.
>>
>>6009871
>reviewers don't need to exclude stupid filler shit, you just need to fast forward

Eat rat poison.
>>
>>6009672
A custom
>>
>>6009833
Nice try TJOmega.

You little shit.
>>
>>6009618
Anyone got a link to thew's parody of this?
>>
>>6009525
>optibotimus
Haha oh wow
>>
>>6010377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyxJB2ou0ng
>>
>>6010385
Thank you.
>>
>>6009833
I don't mind his actual reviews too much, they're okay for the most part, but holy shit is taking like 5 minutes to talk about what colors a toy is one of the worst things you can do? The only people who can't just see what color it is probably don't give a shit about it.
>>
>>6009469
>thew
Top dude, fun to listen to and keeps them short enough for my attention span
>Runescape228/Runestone
Seems comprehensive and I find his voice pleasant, I thank you for the introduction
>Chefatron
Do you follow the guy because of his early reviews or do you enjoy the fact he gives high scores to figures despite giving a number of gripes, most cringe worthy part of his reviews other than his clear g1 bias in his tf reviews, and that's saying something since I'm a g1 fanboy
>Baltmatrix
Lack of info from him but his camera work and clear speaking works.
>Peaugh
I agree with your points, he really needs to just stop, apparently he does have a job so...I'm confused.
>Optibotimus
Best way to watch his videos is on mute and skipping ahead when he does something interesting, that and his transformation walk throughs can be helpful, but everything else is cancer
>>
>>6009589
>I rarely find pictorial reviews as good when it comes to articulation unless they take a whole lot of pictures and/or are good at posing

Which they do funny enough from the 2 mentioned
>>
>>6009680
Eh I found AVGN kinda funny apart from the mini rage skits, I played most of those shit games he reviewed and oh boy I nearly came close.

But agreed, they spend too much time trying to entertain their audience, you gotta dig hard to actually hear anything useful in their reviews

>>6009728
You know why they do this crap for right?

Its video padding, sometimes reviewers are nice enough to mention "its another xxx line" so they give you warning to skip it, othertimes they somehow argue the slight sculpt differences are a hindrance which is fucking bizzaro world shit

>>6009833
Not the best, but better without the skits.

>>6009995
I always wondered why people here hated him, was there any evidence of the donation fuckup?

The /toy/ thing I can't believe or not considering the way we are and the nature of reviewers towards 4chan
>>
>>6009482
too bad he shills the fuck out of third party and hasbro star wars
>>
>>6009680
Thats the problem. A lot of it stems from AVGN and his tripe. Reviewers like lazy games and the smiley face holding beer don't hold because of the entertainment value being reserved and more about the thing they talk about. Its why TJOmega and SeanLong shill and be as unfunny ad they can be because of their need to stand out.
>>
Film Maker Mike
>>
>>6009457
>Who do you like to watch?
Nobody
>who don't you like?
Everybody
>what stuff can you not stand?
All of it.
>>
>>6009525
>>well produced, entertaining reviews that I'll watch even if I'm not interested in the toy
>Vangelus, thew, type v3, toygalaxy. I'm a big fan of actually doing scripted stuff, and even if it gets formulaic it's still more watchable than an awkward guy rambling about a toy for 20 minutes. Seriously, I'm not gonna watch someone talk about a slightly remolded deluxe for 20 goddamned minutes in one take.
Agreed on all points.
I'll start with Type V3, since I've been getting back into Gunpla recently, and one of his contemporaries, ZakuAurelius.

Now while ZakuAurelius certainly pumps out way more reviews than Type V3, and his rambling one to two take recording may work for unboxing, it really makes his Out-of-Box build Reviews hard to sit through...

That, and his *SNIFF* allergies are *SNIFF* acting up *SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF*.

>you have any other recommendations for just pictorial stuff?
As preparation for my own attempt into this form of entertainment, I'll gladly do full photo reviews of any construction toy I get on request.

>>6009680
>They've alreday all started to do that shit that video game reviewers do, where everyone plays a character, does unfunny sketch comedy, and spends 80% of the review not actually reviewing the product.
>>6010439
>But agreed, they spend too much time trying to entertain their audience, you gotta dig hard to actually hear anything useful in their reviews
Well Vangelus is my idol when it comes to this; I'd rather be an entertainer first and foremost, but the only consistent source of material would mostly be my autistic devotion to construction toys.

Still, I think Vangelus' usual skit format is the best: Short intro, maybe a transition during the review, most of any sketch at the end.

>Its video padding
Thankfully I've already decided that my own padding is just going to be a stop motion build sequence, which being construction toys like Lego sets, is something a fellow enthusiast might actually want to see.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 500x344px
I don't usually care about reviewers to the point of hating them, but two take the fucking cake for me, man.

Prime92 and Shukuenshinobi.

I dislike Shukuenshinobi because he is just a massive asshole about everything and just watching the way he ham fists his figures pisses me off. His review of S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Skull where he just smashed plastic to plastic until it made that awful straining squeaking noise killed me. No respect for an exclusive figure, no respect for his fans, pretty sure he buys his figures with autismbucks.

Prime92 on the other hand, I just hate on a fundamental level. He/she is a massive Canadian cunt that has the powers of being the most unimaginative person in the world in terms of customs. Her production quality has gone up but surprise surprise her warbled microphone that sounds like a voice changer hasn't.
I guess I have a bias against her/him because we both played SD Gundam Online and on top of having GOTIS, she talked a lot of shot and then come to find out was part of the drama that got one of the better admins moved to another game and eventually got the game shut down.
She is like cancer incarnate.
>>
HoodedCobraCommander788 has the terrible sketch comedy, the poor video editing skills, and okay, we get it, it's got the usual GI Joe articulation, don't show it off every time. Oh and his videos average twice as long as the toy warrants.
>>
File: 1409952839647.png (68KB, 204x190px) Image search: [Google]
1409952839647.png
68KB, 204x190px
I never had a problem with Peaugh. Sure, his reviews can seem overly long or his voice may drone some people out, but he covers practically everything I need to know about a toy. He still seems like he enjoys what he's doing.

Thew and Vangelus are the only other two I really watch. Thew's style is great and his enthusiasm is contagious. Vangelus has some great camerawork and he shows off a lot of the articulation, but his subtitles are painfully unfunny and should be relegated to annotations so I can turn them off at will.
>>
>>6010435
Chefatron is mostly for early reviews and occasionally to hear him rag on a figure both of us hate. His constant high scores are a bit annoying though, it's true, especially when he spends 10 minutes complaining about the toy in a depressed voice before giving it an 8/10.
>>
Thew, Vangelus, TypeV3, Jangbricks, Builders TV, and Protoman of Protoretro.
>>
>>6009457
thew vangelus and i used to watch peaugh but not anymore. i like thew and vangelus format more. i've seen some japanese toy reviewers that are good, but i cant remember their names.
>>
>>6009497
I like toy galaxy, comfy
>>
I largely prefer to watch reviews of toys I'm planning to buy, so Thew is mostly out these days. Mitch Santona is okay, in that regard, and I can sit through Optibotimus. Realistikk has an enthusiasm for toys, but she doesn't really do an in-depth review, just kind of a basic overview- which with simple toys is about all that's needed. I don't need someone spending 30 minutes talking about a G1 Bumblebee- I have seen videos of that length on simple toys.
>>
TYPEV3, Vange1us, JobbyTheHong, Thew, and Mecha Gaikotsu are my 5 favorites.

They don't all reek of autism. Except for jobby, but at least he's self-aware
>>
>>6010754
>Mitch Santona is okay
I wish he'd at least wear a long-sleeved shirt.
>>
Emgo, lazy eyebrow reviewer and thew are my choices at this point
>>
>>6010507
I've been watching Prime for years and I really wish they would upgrade their shit. I feel really bad that the quality hasn't really changed
>>6010782
I don't think Jobby is an autismo. He's just trying to be funny with self deprecation and it got old pretty fast
>>
>>6010782
>>6011646
He's asian, so it's hard to tell the difference. I think he needs to turn down the "hating himself" stuff down, though.
>>
>>6011648
>He's an otaku, so it's hard to tell the difference
ftfy
>>
>>6009457
I only watch Thew now. everyone else i used to watch annoys the piss out of me like Vangelus and Peaug the mouth breather
>>
>>6010439
>was there any evidence of the donation fuckup?
It was in an unboxing video, the figure was a Power Core CombinerSearchlight
>>
>>6011683
shit like that should warrant a punch in the fucking mouth.
>>
The only toy reviewer I'm watching regularly is Luckypennyshop doing those kiddie playsets. It's more for entertainment and as background noise.

If I want information on some action figure, pictorial/written reviews are good enough.
>>
Thew, honestly.... watching him you can tell he's losing enthusiasm for the video thing. He's doing this because I guess he gets some ad revenue now, not out of joy, his attitude feels forced. Someone sends him free 3P stuff, he's obligated to review it to get more free toys. His 3P reviews are generally a bit too positive, even with toys that have universal issues. I bet in the next 1-2 years he likely loses interest in either the videos, or Transformers in general.
>>
>>6011714
I sorta see this a little bit. Honestly, what I want from him most right now is plamo build videos. His Skywarp D-Style vid was so much fun, just rambling on about little nothings while building a kit. It seemed like he really was having fun, and I loved his surprise and delight upon figuring out the kit's gimmicks or being amazed by the engineering of modern plamo. He has hinted at more build videos in the future, I'm really looking forward to them.
>>
Optibotimus.
>>
>>6011849
meh, fuck Thew. He's getting boring and is turning into a bit of an ass lately.
>>
>>6011849
I just want more Knockoff Beatdowns. Knockoff Transformers is such an unexplored world of wonder. So many variations of so many different figures with weird packaging.
>>
>>6011683
Do you have a link to the video in question?
>>
I like to go to tabletoptoytalk for text/pics. Just wish he'd update more often though.
>>
>>6009457
I can't stand SeanxLong, or Optibotimus. They're both just too fucking lame and cringeworthy. I couldn't tolerate being around either of them in person, and watching their videos is no better. Baltmatrix has a gross whiney attitude that I can't stand, but his video quality is nice.

TLDR;

GOOD:
Thew
Benscollectables
Vangelus
RocketPunchArmy

OK:
Peaugh
Emgo316
(those 2 nerds who sit on a couch and talk about a figure, the only one I watched was for MP Laserwave)

AWFUL:
SeanxLong
Optibotimus

There are tons of reviewers I haven't given a chance to.
>>
>>6010622
yeah these three are the top tier triangle of transformers reviewers
>>
File: Anthony.jpg (47KB, 857x482px) Image search: [Google]
Anthony.jpg
47KB, 857x482px
Anyone else starting to genuinely hope he accidentally cuts his wrist open during one of these videos?
>>
Cute Craig is the best toy reviewer of all time. His content is now so high quality you have to pay a subscription to watch it. Only the mastery of Cute Craig could allow him to make a 45 minute long review of a single blind bag My Little Pony figure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCqQ-MyZXRA
>>
>>6012855
Not gonna lie, those white glass cases look pretty good.

Aside from the mirror backdrop, don't know why people actually like that.
>>
File: 1452996684820.png (637KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1452996684820.png
637KB, 1280x721px
>>6010700
>Jangbricks
>>
>>6012855
Why do I feel like 3/4 of /toy/ can relate to this guy
>>
Any good English-language picture review blogs? The Japanese and Chinese ones are p. nice.
>>
>>6011915
https://youtu.be/Nr1cxarYfUE
>>
File: 1238825206368.jpg (981KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1238825206368.jpg
981KB, 1800x1800px
>>6012076
>>
>>6011868
This.
Optibotimus is the best by far.
He covers everything and gives good insight to the toy.
He is also a natural witty guy.
When he makes a joke, I really laugh.
Video quality is top-notch as well.
It's like he's backed by a big studio or something. Haters are just jealous that they can't match the talents of a guy who made toy reviewing an artform.
>>
File: 1268004154990.jpg (56KB, 248x289px) Image search: [Google]
1268004154990.jpg
56KB, 248x289px
>>6013132
>>
>>6013124
>that bale head and omega spreem
god, feels like years
[spoiler]still want him to continue high price of final def[/spoiler]
>>
>>6013132
optibotimus is a literal cuck
he gets off on watching his wife fuck strangers
usually happens at cons
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4IvUZ-CYlc
>>
>>6009457
Le Dihn Bao is a personal favorite of mine, as his videos focus primarily on the actual gimmicks of the toy(mostly transformations and combinations as 90% of the stuff he reviews is Super Sentai mecha);

https://www.youtube.com/user/thiensydatinh
>>
I suspect these picks are ultra-pleb by /toy/ standards, but pixel dan and shartimus are the ones I enjoy most. They have the highest production values I've seen and they properly showcase the toy's accessories, sculpt and poseability. They do a good job of explaining why they like a figure, and more importantly, they explain what they don't like without sounding nitpicky or anal (anthonyscustoms). Most importantly, they don't waste my time by rambling or going off on tangents (toy galaxy). Their reviews are always to the point.
>>
>>6010440
>shills the fuck out of third party

He fucking shits on it so harshly I doubt that constitute to shilling.
>>
>>6013132
Optibotimus does not know how to edit his fucking videos.
He wastes half of a 30 minute video telling you shit you probably already know by talking about the fucking character (and then not even getting his facts right).
He can't be bothered to learn how to transform his Transformers first before reviewing them.
He gets salty when you point out these obvious flaws to him, or even suggest how to fix them.
>>
File: Screenshot_7.jpg (25KB, 359x344px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.jpg
25KB, 359x344px
Let's dish hate for Pixel Dan!
DAAMN, I hate him from his whiny voice all the way to his punchable face.
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (19KB, 262x240px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
19KB, 262x240px
>>6009492
#cringe
>>
>>6009628
Those are just his OPTI-BOTI-PETS!

http://www.optibotimusreviews.com/about.html
>>
>>6013401
>>
>>6009457
Thew - entertaining
Peaugh - gets early stuff, but I agree with criticisms of him, seems to have stopped putting in any effort
Vangelus - informative and does some interesting stop motion and effects
>>
>>6013413
>Doesn't include a bottle of coke

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>6013335
Toy Galaxy's reviews are less than four minutes a pop, man. There's no way he's wasting your time compared to the majority of toy reviewers.
>>
He doesn't do a lot of reviews of toys I'm interested in, but I enjoy Rolloutreviews.
>>
>>6012823
He is such a tool
>>
https://m.youtube.com/?#/user/AwesomeDisneyToys

Obviously this guy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36LubnQOS0s
Her voice makes my dick diamonds
>>
>>6014584
She sounds like Cartman trying to put on a female voice.
>>
>Best
Thew
Vagnelus

>Ok
Baltmatrix
Peaugh

>Bad
SeanxLong

>Please stay away from my children
Optibotimus

>>6009618
Is this real life? This has to be some kind of sick joke. I knew there was something odd about this guy but really?
>>
Emgo's mannerisms and "humor" still seriously make me want to strangle puppies in full view of an orphanage.
So thankful for Thew
>>
>>6014752
what humour?
the guy is like a spaz and his shit bionicle thing at the begining is retarded
>>
>>6013357
Like you can do better you fucking talentless faggot.
Optibotimus is one of the most comprehensive reviewers on youtube.
And I know how to edit my videos
>>
>>6014766
I tried to get past that Bionicle crap by writing it off as him trying to be an "internet personality". (complete with shitty logo). But after enduring his catch-phrase one too many times, I avoided his reviews like the plague
>>
I genuinely don't understand this near autistic level of hate for Optibotimus. Yeah, he takes way too long to review toys, his opinions are pedestrian and everything else people say, but the outright rage people go into over him is completely unjustified. He's just a guy that reviews toys on youtube.
>>
>>6013394
I've had the misfortune of working retail in the general area SeanLong lived for a while. He asked me when we were getting the Green Lantern movie toys in stock.
>>
>haven't watched peaugh in years
>decide to watch MP primal review
>quality is same or dropped an he still doesn't edit out shit in his videos like his dog making fuckton noise

How does he keep going?
>>
>>6014907
My favorite moment of laziness was when's camera just fucking fell over and he left it in.
>>
>>6009833
too bad hes a smart ass and hard to look at
>>
>>6015210
I wish someone would do a compilation of every time he's broken a toy on camera.
>>
>Optibotimus reviews of CW voyagers Optimus & Megatron are 30 minutes each
>Peaugh reviews of the same toys are less than half that length

And yet Peaugh still spent more time whining about he stickers than he needed to. Proof you need 5-8 minutes for such toys.
>>
>>6009473
Peaugh just phones in his reviews.

You know you can't trust a reviewer who just gets the toy, then sells it on the boards 5 minutes after the upload.

It's all just a heartless cash grab for him

I honestly don't know why people watch his reviews. I mean Optibotimus is the same shit too, but why Peaugh does not get the same shit has him
>>
File: CtaIIb7UMAE_wa1.jpg (181KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CtaIIb7UMAE_wa1.jpg
181KB, 900x1200px
>>6010700
>Thew
>Vangelus
>Protoman of Protoretro

My nigga, in the end that's all you really need
>>
>>6010440
You can't possibly watch his reviews. He's probably one of the harshest toy critics out there. He very rarely finds no faults in a toy.
>>
>>6009482
Is there a photo of this fucker without that mask on?
>>
File: toyshow2012_016.jpg (135KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
toyshow2012_016.jpg
135KB, 960x720px
For transformations (and really that's it)
>Peaugh or Optibotimus

For editing or scripted entertainment
>Vange1us

For knowledge and purchasing/spending
>Protoman of ProtoRetro

More cancer or if you are under 10 years old
>Emgo
>Seanlong
>>
>>6015645
>a Grant Maximus just slapped in the bottom middle
This is one expensive photo.
>>
I don't like it when reviewers have their face in the video when reviewing the figure. Comes off as egotistical and unnecessarily. I'm not here to see your face, I'm here to see the figure. Also bad lighting, but I'll overlook that if they are thorough and a good reviewer.

>>6014584
I somehow find her videos really entertaining. I think it's her fascination with everything.
>>
>>6015666
Looks like
>Takara-Tomy Legends Fortress Maximus 2016
>Takara Fortress Maximus 1987, Takara-Tomy Encore Fortress Maximus 2014
>Sonokong Brave Maximus 2001, Takara Grand Maximus 1988, Takara Brave Maximus 2000
>>
>>6014584
>>6014589
>>6015667
Shame she is pretty fat. Look for her convention videos, you get a glimpse of the pudge
>>
In terms of geek girls, Realistikk is totally fuckable, but is the only one. The rest are just fatasses.
>>
>>6015679
>Realistikk

She is very fuckable, she did a video with Optibotimus at one of the Botcons, I think he showed her his headmaster if you get my drift.
>>
>>6015645
Why the fuck does Protoman only do one video a month?
>>
>>6014584
Her dirty talk in bed would be really awkward.
>>
>>6009473
What a fucking tool
>>
>>6015679
She's plastic as fuck and her cosplays are typically pretty shitty.
>>
>>6015860
yeah yeah, go jack it to Trump's ugly daughter.

>plastic

I literally do not care if a woman has implants, as her pussy is the main goal. Tits are nice things to touch while fucking her. I'd rather nail Bianca Beauchamp than the flat chest confederate girls(IE your sisters) you bang.
>>
>>6015872
Why are all reviewers girlfriends or wives also fat hogs.

Optibotimus and Peaugh have some real Southern grown heffers for wives and Thew has a county pig from the European market
>>
File: krin2015.jpg (184KB, 1006x625px) Image search: [Google]
krin2015.jpg
184KB, 1006x625px
>>6015954
What about Vangelus? His girlfriend not only is fat but has horrible teeth that she tries to hide.
>>
>>6015689

dude is busy as fuck.

I saw him in person TFCon Toronto, i was in an elevator with him, dude said he was exhausted from doing so many shows a year.
>>
What is thews channel? Searching 'thew' just gets me some weeb aniem reviewer
>>
>>6015955
>girl
You mean trans woman right?
>>
>>6015955
i thought his "girl"friend was a tranny
>>
File: Thew Adams YT Channel.png (1MB, 1812x1470px) Image search: [Google]
Thew Adams YT Channel.png
1MB, 1812x1470px
>>6016055
It's "Thew Adams".

I think it says more about your search habits. I regularly clear mine every couple of hours and just "Thew" gets me there.
>>
>>6016076
Fuck, meant "search history". Sorry.
>>
>>6016074
>>6016066
Is he really with a trans. No wonder his father died hating him and his gay brother.
>>
File: homerdisgust.jpg (81KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
homerdisgust.jpg
81KB, 259x383px
>no mention of wotafa or channel cube
>>
File: standard.png (136KB, 604x500px) Image search: [Google]
standard.png
136KB, 604x500px
>>6016076
>>6016055

The gold standard my friend
>>
>>6016194
Literally who?
>>
>>6015647
I think that's to his detriment. I often feel like he's searching too hard to find something to rag on, and has been known to not treat toys properly if he wants them to seem bad.
>>
>>6016254
I can't trust anyone who does not like Masterpiece Side Swipe.
>>
>>6016194
Wotafa's great
>>
>>6016247
>autism man
>That sub count
>A literal who
>>
>>6016272
Thew is not autistic, he just has some social issues.
>>
>>6016076
Oh I searched Thew Gundam, and then Thew toys, but niether got me there.
>>
>>6016295
He seems like an introvert. If you give an introvert a camera and let them do their own thing they can be really bombastic, just don't ask them to do it live, they'll freeze faster than Steve Rogers.
>>
>>6016249
Channel CUBE is great for Tomica Hyper Rescue and Sentai.
>>
>>6015659
Go for Optibotimus for transformation if you want skipped steps and a complete lack of intuition when it comes to figuring out transformations. Fucker had to make up an "inbetween" mode for T30 Springer because he couldn't figure out how to go straight from mode to another.
>>
>>6015637
Not being an overstimulated sperg =/= phoning it in. You can tell when he's excited about something, but most of the time he's just calm or tired.
>>
>video reviews
>takes 20 minutes to review anything
What's the point?

Seems like you fags care more about the personality and the fandom dramas rather than getting a review.
>>
>good
rrobbert184 ;_;
jabman025
jangbricks
jobby
typev3
vangelus - i don't hate his "editor", but it inspired a bunch of rip offs that were much less funny
youheidx
wotafa - if i understood japanese, he'd be the best sentai/KR resource on youtube

>decent with some caveats
budgetstark
channel2s
citrus
emgo - i can look past his gimmicks but they do hamper videos
hadoken gundam - a gimmick that got old fast
hdtoytheater
hobbylinktv
k2ezio - SO MUCH FILLER, but at least he gets toys pretty early
mmprtoys
toys210
vegeta8259 - a better custom builder than reviewer
zakuaurelius

>literally indistinguishable
optibotimus
baltmatrix
collectiondx
thew
peaugh
toyfanreviews

>shit
anthonyscustoms
shart
sean long
prime92
generally most black reviewers
>>
Kathy Klutter is good.
>>
I like TheCollector75, if only just for the cockney accent.

He really should transform them before filming, since he seems to forget how to do it on camera.
>>
>>6016572

>generally most black reviewers

They are the worst. Make reviews great again
>>
>>6016424
the few bits of his panels I watched werent terrible He was sociable and joked around, but obviously not what we see in his videos.
>>
>>6009525
>anthony's customs
>watchable
I laughed. That's a good joke anon.
>>
I miss Glenn. I also don't mind Shartimus even if he can be an idiot a lot of the time, at least he doesn't sound soulless when he talks.

That said, watching more of the Fwoosh guy isn't so bad and he always adds a disclaimer if his criticism is justified or if it's just hot air on his part. Get rid of the ear-screeching intro and his current reviews are fairly comfy.

Also, less of a figure reviewer and more of a dino-merchandise reviewer, but I also like the main guy that reviews for the JurassicCollectibles channel.
>>
>>6016457
Yep a clean photo review will tell you more than a shitty low quality youtube video with a 2 minute intro and outro. Actually tempted to do my own reviews but im lazy as fuck. Out of curiousity is their any soldiers here who have review sites?
>>
>>6016431
He just doesn't seem well prepared anymore. Frequently struggling with transformations, finding joints and details he hadn't noticed before, forgetting to point out features..and he never edits or crops these things out. It seems like he frequently opens a figure, fiddles with it for five minutes at best, and then starts the review.
>>
>>6016897

Yes, but I'm not as active with posting here as I should be.

Was mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>6017011
Well a lot that might be from getting preproduction samples and test shots, they almost never come with instructions so he has to figure the toy out on his own.
>>
>>6017065
Noted, but when he discovers features during a ten minute review, or struggles but eventually figures out the transformation, it makes me think there was a lack of time spent with the toy beforehand. Otherwise he would have already made these discoveries or had the transformation worked out. It's his prerogative of course, and it allows him to get reviews out quickly, which I take advantage of when it's a new figure or a first-look, but for thoroughness he would never be my first choice.
>>
File: 1472533406977.jpg (689KB, 1629x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1472533406977.jpg
689KB, 1629x1223px
>>6016431
He just does not care, he just wants the views so he can get the money.

He is one of the money Youtubers that if the monitizing ended, so would their video

I can see Thew, Vangelus or Protoman continuing doing videos but the likes of Peaugh, Optibotimus or Emgo that just churn out video after video of phoned in terrible reviews, you know it's just a job for them and not a passion.

And we like idiots, watch someone who does not share that passion so they can make money.
>>
>>6017091
About 50% of Youtube videos and about 95% of Youtube reviewers would be gone if Youtube stopped video monitization.

Money truly does corrupt all.
>>
>>6017084
His reviews are rushed so he can beat other reviewers and get more views and money.

Vangelus can do a review 2 months before everyone else and get it done right.

Better to wait and watch a legit reviewer then watch trash with a shiny new thing.
>>
>>6017098
I think anon meant "2 months after"
>>
3rd Party company here

Peaugh has contacted us in the past (how he got our contact is never given) and would offer to pay for the item and shipping but to get it before everyone else.

We have done that in the past with him.

What bothered us was after the review he would then resell the item right away, sometimes weeks before the official release date and a lot of times the product we send him might not be the final version and really just intended for him to review.

He is extremely unprofessional and we stopped sending him stuff.
>>
>>6017183
Your IP is from the Philippines. I call bullshit
>>
>>6016572
>jangbricks
How can one man be so comfy?
>>
>>6017183
I just bought something that he recently reviewed. It's how it works with him.

I don't get, I get to buy something cheaper
>>
>>6009521
He makes himself suffer so we don't have to.
>>
>>6017098
last time i heard him "excited" was when he was reviewing kamen rider stuff, kinda wish he went back and did those again
>>
>>6017191
>7 year old memes
What
>>
This manlet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwsRIyyu20#t=1m30s
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>6009457
Vangelus
Runestone
mitchsantona
>>
File: battletanker.jpg (40KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
battletanker.jpg
40KB, 640x495px
God Teir
TFsource Review (no videos since 2011)

Great
Vangelus
Thew
Jobby

Good
BobbySkullFace (boring but is the most honest reviewer out there)
TJomega
Protoman

Meh
Optibotimus (Except for this) https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiEu7XrwqXQAhUIDsAKHfS4Dx8QuAIIKDAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTKCON7Q-b1g&usg=AFQjCNEQ7PYrGtZuqITLXdHNycffPX7uRw
Emgo
Peaugh
Baltmatrix

Forgettable
Mitchsantona
>>
>>6015210
I swear there's a video where he forgets how to transform the toy, then leaves the camera running while he looks for the instruction sheet for like five minutes, and for some reason decided to leave all that shit in the video. Can't for the life of me remember which video it was though, but I cringed so hard at that one.
>>
>>6014907

I watched his review of the TMNT party van electric car thing for kid and I laughed my ass off, shit falls off and you hear him "oh, gotta edit that out", obviously he didnt. and the review cuts off mid-sentence. A fucking disaster.

It's a paid review and all. I guess they got what they paid for.
>>
>>6018503
I think I remember that happening, but I don't know the video off hand.
>>
>>6015955
that tooth has a gangster lean
>>
That'd the thing that's insane.

He does not do a single fraction of editing. Not even a single cut.

Just turn on the camera, review, put it out there. GIVE ME MY CLICK MONEY YOU FUCKING FUCKS. Sell the toy on twitter/message boards. Rinse and repeat.

If you watch Peaugh, you are just as much of a tool as he is.
>>
>>6015955
The fuck did you expect a 5'4 fat Asian man with moles all over his face to get? A super model?

I think this perfectly makes sense for him.
>>
>>6018211
One trend with all your "Meh" category people is they are all people that do Youtube videos for the money and not for the love of the product.

You clearly are able to see through who is legit and who is a bullshit phoning it in reviewer.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
What the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>6022162
I remember one reviewer actually mentioned that the video was just raw footage without editing, and it baffled me that he would bother to mention that rather than do simple edits.
>>
>>6022365
Because he does not care, it's all about money and getting out the video before everyone else.

Both Peaugh and Optibotimus along with the likes of a Baltmatrix and Mitchsantona are all part of a major problem and anyone that watches their videos are just part of the problem.

They are empty human beings and not really educated fans of the products
>>
>>6015649
I have them, but you'll never see them. I'll tell you this much though. He did have a beard semi recently
>>
>>6022162
I believe he does stealth edits during size comparisons. Think about it, say he starts reviewing something in alt mode and does size comparison with another figure in its altmode. He then removes the comparison figure and goes through the review, transforming the figure in the process, then both hands leave the frame and suddenly he pulls the comparison figure out in its robot mode, and I doubt he has doubles of some of his comparison figures.
>>
>>6022396
I know at least Emgo does this
>>
File: 1465396731550.png (550KB, 494x467px) Image search: [Google]
1465396731550.png
550KB, 494x467px
>>6014808
>The freakin geek himself
>Second verse same as the first
>Transclearant
>Sounds like he's eating while he talks
Pic related
>>
>>6015954
I thought thew is gay. He's not?
>>
Can any toy reviewers actually pronounce revoltech correctly?
>>
>>6022406
Precious!!! Soooooo verrry precioooooooouuuuuussssssssssss
>>
>>6016183
Is his brother hot?
>>
>>6022406
>forgetting the best one if you watch toku reviews
SAD PACMAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
i cry everytime
>>
>>6022492
His brother is almost 50 years old

Vangelus was a product of old sperm. His father passed away recently in his late 80s, he had Vangelus in his 60s (Makes me wonder if he was just an accident)
>>
File: 1346258688133.gif (349KB, 135x101px) Image search: [Google]
1346258688133.gif
349KB, 135x101px
I don't know why but I miss the sheer in-fucking-sanity of Vanhorso. That fucker just got completely trashed, turned on the camera, and veered wildly between screaming and laughing his lungs out while molesting whatever was in front of him.

Naturally the reviews were terrible but that wasn't the reason I was watching.
>>
>>6022406
It always amazes me how consistent he is with that stuff. Like he's hard-coded those phrases into his vocabulary or something.
>>
>>6022586
Perhaps he is Danish.
>>
>>6022462
Aw fuck me I forgot about that
>>
>>6018211
You forgot

Crap beyond belief:
John Garrinwhateverhisnameis

His reviews are so shit and he thinks he's somebody because of ho much he talks shit about people in his rant videos.
>>
>>6017091
This is why I have adblock. They will never get a cent from me and I will leave shitty comments and call their bullshit out when needed to.
>>
>>6016572
>literally indistinguishable
>thew

WAT? He should be in the good category because he doesn't waste 1 hour with bullshit and actually does a really nice job reviewing toys in under 10 minutes with all those actually witty puns.
>>
>>6016728
>but obviously not what we see in his videos.

I thought people already know that a video is one's public face while reality they are usually different.
>>
>>6016247
As a Toronto local, I always see Protoman in the local toyshows since he's friends with the owner of TFcon from what I remember so he always has a table selling stuff there. Vangelus I see every now since he's acquainted with a buddy of mine and I get to chat with him even if a little bit.
>>
>>6022359
I'VE BEEN WONDERING THE SAME THING. Has /toy/ witnessed Felzbug yet? Try not to cringe.

https://www.youtube.com/user/felzbug
>>
>>6022832
>Thew
>The SJW Reviewer(See Twitter for disclosure)

He's right where he needs to be
>>
Vange1us, really nice guy. Probably the most professional TF reviews outside of TFSource.
>>
>>6023198
Well he's British, you know how much they got brainwashed by their media.

They're the most SJW country out there that's why the silent majority got fed up and went for Brexit just like how conservatives got fed up with the libtards in America so they voted Trump.
>>
>>6023328

Oh jesus it's worse than I thought. He's turned from someone you'd want to buy a drink for to a nu-male.

Christ I remember old thew, back when he still had the hair.
>>
>>6022827
Leaving comments, negative or not help the video get better search results.

Don't view, don't comment, don't thumbs up or down, just ignore
>>
>>6022852
Any of those TFcon chaps are really gentlemen. Both Vangelus and Protoman (along with Philip) are all great guys to talk too, real salt of the earth.
>>
>>6022528
Link to Videos please
>>
>>6023658

All gone. Trolled til he left youtube deleting all his shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5q2ZAaj53Pirs-Hcqj08Rg/videos

Videos are a bit long and he's so far focusing entirely on JoJo Super Action Statues, but this guy seems to have potential.
>>
File: Anthonyscustoms, that faggot.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Anthonyscustoms, that faggot.png
220KB, 500x372px
>>6009457
AnthonysCustoms has SOOO MUCH fucking autism, HOLY FUCK!!!
>pic related
>>
>>6010202
and a shitty one at that
>>
>>6012823
i sure as fuck hope he does, cause by and large he is such a pretentious attention faggot
>>
>>6016572
>shart
>shit
how so!? he's mostly cringey, but that's it
>>
Vangelus, Protoman Protoretro, Thew

Everyone else is just shit click bait money whores
>>
>>6023872
Did anyone reupload them onto YouTube or dailymotion, or any other platform
>>
>>6022462
PAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLMMMM INNNNNNNNNNNNNN YO FAAAAAAAAAACCEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! *skit begins*
>>
>>6023328
>They're the most SJW country out there

but thew's not american.
>>
>>6023328
I thought that was Sweden.
>>
>>6012823
Say something, ONE THING, wrong about Halo and he'll rain down with all of his fury. It's hilarious.
>>
>>6009457
I like:
LPShop for Information and fun
Squirell Stampede for lulz
Gracie and Mommy Show for Gracie and Barbie kills the dogs videos
>>
>>6011709
Your opinion on Butch?
>>
>>6015955

Is this the person that writes all of those annoying subtitles during his reviews?

Fucking distracting and unfunny.
>>
>>6033189
Vangelus does those subtitles himself, Krin is the one sticking random stickers on his toys to make them look cuter
>>
>>6016413
Thew's Transformers Reviews
Thew's Awesome Transformers Reviews
or the rebranded
ToyGrind
>>
I mostly watch reviews now either for pure entertainment, or to dip in and out to avoid personalities I hate just to get my information.

Thew probably being the top for entertainment, followed by Vangelus, who is actually useful for showing me things I might not have known about.
Can't follow either on social media though. Their personal opinions and lives are just too much. And they always draw the attention of the communities of people that like to bitch about female robot representation and whether or not a ninja robot is cultural appropriation.
Thew signalling for them by randomly posting things like "I hate that my initials are MRA".

Jobby is fun, but just fun. He's spun off a bit too much for me. Early stuff was better. Don't mind the singing, just wish he gave more to his new videos.

Used to follow Optibotimus since the movie toy review days and I just grew to find him insufferable. The fact he seems to be the first to get things and one of the only people who can be bothered to edit a video depresses me.

Peaugh and Baltmatrix and decent to lean on. But so often do they fuck up and just refuse to edit it out. I can't remember which one it is, but they regularly quit a sentence to obviously take another take, despite knowing they won't edit the video.
And there was that Cupola video where they added a full video section of disclaimer for a mistake they made. Why not just re-record yourself transforming it? Is it so hard?

ShukuenShinobi and Dosmrider come off as boring necessary evils. More like uncharismatic people that cover everything with just enough detail.
>>
>>6033712
cont.

TJOmega I have to thank for getting me into Kamen Rider alongside Vangelus, but he's lost most of his appeal now. He still rides on fame from his half-cringy sketch reviews, but the big problem is he "can't" make big reviews anymore.
I really like it when he makes a big video for something, especially Kamen Rider. Some of them I go back to watch just for fun.
I just can't find myself clicking on a Random Review anymore if I don't already want the toy.

EmGo is always cringeworthy, and sincerely needs to give up his gimmick and his self-imposed title. Tries too much to make things funny but otherwise is detailed enough to be quite useful.

DiegoDoom is weird as fuck. He really needs to explain his "Absolutely Fantastic" rating scale, and consistently sounds like a robot. But his coverage of those areas of figures are at least appreciated, but I'd probably prefer him to either be more human, or just describe things properly.
Also I wish he'd stop deafening me with his loud opens then comparative quiet content.

I used to watch StryderPrime for his build videos on Gunpla. Those were simple fun.
Then I stopped over the course of years are he grew only to make 10 part videos about painting something silver.
He can't pronounce anything, and even in a video where he read out my comment pointing this out, he fully admitted it and found no problem with it.
"Deathsyke"
He also grossly wants to sound knowledgeable and verbose put continually falls down halfway through naming something and ends up with shit like "side armours".
If you need a succinct example. Watch his video on the Stark Jegan CCA ver.
He talks about is being from Unicorn, but not remember seeing it (since CCA version means Char's Counterattack version), and really struggles to call Unicorn anything other than an anime, and has to opt for more grandiose terms like "animated series".
>>
>>6033725
cont.

Prime92 is related. I followed her around the same time, and they've dedicated themselves to the same group.
I don't know or care about her living situation or the reason that even when she got a "better" mic she still sounds like a robot.
I watched her for simple regular videos, unboxing new things and reviewing almost everything. This was good for Master Grades and special things like the Dendrobium build, but she ultimately never got better.
He setup is still shit. The only editing she seems to manage for presentation is putting a logo or an ad that's way too long. Or that time she put her Strike Exia custom model that she put in Spore or something as an opening.
She's not very knowledgeable, and is not very exciting, but she offered nice bits of info like remaining pieces on plates and things to do with extra polycaps.

MechaGaikotsu is another neccesary evil. He sounds a bit silly, has intros that are way too loud, doesn't know about things, and when he puts his face in the video - /looks/ silly.
I don't need separate video for an upcoming figure. I don't need a video ad for a site that doesn't even sell the model you advertised in the video.

TypeV3 is good, if consistent. I think his determination to the tone of his narration comes off as awkward and obviously scripted, but at least it's his feelings, if dramaticised.
I like being told how the build compares, and what kits it may be based off, and seeing things before and after he drowns them in markers.
Just a bit too far between in the higher production to be very useful outside of things I may need a closer look at.

ZeronXepher is okay, but it's again it's like he does nothing now, or just has less focus.
The presentation is high but he seemingly does nothing with it. I enjoyed Dustin getting in front of the camera. He seemed to have charisma, or at least genuinely enjoy the toy.
Demo videos are good but I watch review channels mostly to hear about the details I won't find in advertising.
>>
>>6033747
Also and jesus fuck is it so hard on American egos to say they can't pronounce a foreign word without having to say it's stupid.

Prime92 has been wrestling with the for Ein for like 5 years. Just google it. It's one syllable.
>>
>>6033752
More applicable to others with those specific words, since she's canadian but jesus

I developed a whole category for this I called "Vadering", after I watched some guy review a "Vader Buster Gundam" from "Gundam Seed Starglyzer"
>>
>>6033747
cont.

RolloutReviews is good for detailed looks at figuarts. Just too far in between due to releases. I like the looks at the Bonkles, and some of the imagination involved, but I just don't think he can build a channel from the more tertiary content of that subject.
>>
File: 1439630723430.jpg (6KB, 187x188px) Image search: [Google]
1439630723430.jpg
6KB, 187x188px
>mfw made a toy review vid for a general thread and it has 200 views.
No idea how other people found my autism.
>>
>>6009506
Biggest faggot in the world. If you offer any kind of of criticism on his work he will throw a fit like a toddler.
>>
>>6009457
Vangelus. Easy mode, but I don't care. He's a likeable guy with a fairly unique style and he knows what he's doing.
>>
Vangelus and Thew are the only two I watch.

I subbed to Peaugh for a long time but I got really impatient with his videos.
>>
File: 1362417704612.png (313KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
1362417704612.png
313KB, 639x360px
How do the guys like Emgo and Optimbotimus have that many fucking views for obscure shit? I can understand something like Transformers movie toys which I would expect to get an inflated number of hits, but a million views on third party and knockoff stuff? If anyone is number crunching, how much does that equate to in jewtube shekels?

>>6037934

Sometimes I want to give it a shot since I know what I'm looking for in reviews and I think I can reign in the bias to not become a shill...but I don't pick up as much as these fuckers and hate how I sound on camera. There's not gimmick that can get you out of that kind of slump. I also don't want to be that guy that has a 400 videos with 10-100 views on each.

I'll give them all points for trying to manipulate something behind a camera. That is something you have to get used to.
>>
File: 1452299893081.jpg (246KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452299893081.jpg
246KB, 1333x1000px
>>6043951
In 2010 parents who hate having to talk to their children bought them ipads and other forms of tablets.

These kids who can't leave the house on their own, can't buy anything live off of other people playing with toys and other people playing with video games.

Retarded 6 year old kids love Emgo and Optibotimus. It's their jam.

Nothing for those reviewers to be proud of, but it's a reality.

Vange1us, Thew Barutazar, Protoman of Protoretro, even the likes of
Gaming Historian. What do they all have in common with the latter? They are thinking man's reviewers and they have a lot less subs then Optibotimus, Peaugh, Seanlong, and so on.

Views are about quality or educating the viewer, you just need to have half a brain and repeat what the box says and maybe not be color blind.

Oh and review everything first.

A smart man will wait for Vangelus to review Masterpiece Optimus Primal 6 weeks after it came out.

A 6 year old moron will watch Peaugh review it on day 1 because they hate themselves and are financially (and intellectually) bankrupt
>>
so anons[nospoiler]how's that review channel coming along[/spoilernoplz]
>>
Daredevil19 would be better if he stopped speaking like an idiot out of nowhere, extending his sentences and making his voice crack on purpose to sound more interesting or randomly changing his pretty normal vernacular mid-sentence to randomly end the sentence with a "OVUH HEAAAUHH." instead of "over here.".
>>
>ctrl F
>no one has mentioned cuteanimefigurestv
>>
maybe toy reviews are not needed. maybe you already know if you are going to buy the toy and you could spend the time on something else instead.
>>
>>6009536
Jobbythehong kinda gets on my nerves after binge watching his videos. Maybe it's the meme spouting and the overused jokes.
>>
>>6009833
I actually really enjoy TJ's Random Reviews. I like how in depth they can get sometimes regarding how things are detailed, callbacks to other figures, etc.

But his Plastic Addict stuff was pretty unfunny most of the time for me.
>>
>>6009457
Rocco from Mega64 isn't a reviewer per se but his persona Figure updates are pretty fun. Shame he only did 1 video with some actual production in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b9wVNv7xjs
>>
>>6011871
>turning into a bit of an ass lately.
What'd he do?
>>
>>6016585
He's great. A lot of people seem to complain about him cursing a lot in his vids but I'm not put off by it.
>>
>>6023391
Screencaps? I only remember tweets from like a year ago where he'd repost tweets bitching about Gamergate, but I think he deleted them.
>>
>>6017091
>>6017095
>>6022827

>have a passion for collecting
>post video reviews anyway to help offset cost
>kinda developed into a side job between youtube bucks and affiliate account

THE BEST OF BOTH WOOOOOORRRRLLLLLDDSSSS
>>
>>6010726
I don't know why but I can't help but hate his guts. I have no reason and I'm confused...
>>
Not sure if it's relevant to the thread, but I can't stand Jon Bailey. At all.

If you'd like to find out why, simply criticize Combiner Wars. Not his work in it, the show itself as a whole.

Speaking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Pdai_qdRw
>>
>>6009618
What the fuck, why's he shilling for Coke? Did he get sponsored or something?
>>
>>6016572
>>6016675
You guys don't like Kuma Style?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCqQ-MyZXRA
>>
Pixel Dan anyone?
>>
>>6048296
it's no worse than what I hear everyday.

His collection is really impressive too.
>>
>>6050727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MalLny7MT6E
>>
>>6050732
Why is he so hated?

All I've really seen from him is some of the That New Toy Smell vids. They seemed decent. Food Fighters don't get much love nowadays.
>>
>>6009469
Loving Runescape getting the love he deserves. Always replies and friendly.
>>
>>6015955
at least he has a gf and charisma unlike most of you lonely fucks.

Anyways, I like Vangelus. He actually knows his stuff and has great camera work and editing.

I can't stand diegodoom though. His editing is maybe the best, but goddamn I cannot stand his commentary.
>>
>>6016194
I love wotafa! He's a great guitarist too!

He seems so genuine in his videos. It helps that I'm Japanese and can understand his nostalgia.
>>
File: f19.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
f19.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>6044047
Jesus christ dude, it's just toys and people who talk about them.
>>
>that one reviewer you used to like who hasn't posted a new video in a long time

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOxDi4p2Gf3gy7WJDL2ubzQ
>>
>>6050989
Do people hate him? I have no idea.
>>
>>6048278
MUH FEMINISM
MUH STRONK PWRFULL WYMYN ROBOTS
MUH GAY ROBOTS

It's really not that prevalent, but it comes out from time to time. He may or may not just be riding the bandwagon. He's said before he's become more conscious of his viewer base
>>
>>6015955

I really do like Vangelus and think he's a great reviewer who has a good personality and puts a lot of effort into his work
but man I wish he would stop making videos with his girlfriend

actually I wish all youtubers would stop making videos with their girlfriends

I just don't care about your girlfriends okay?
I'm not going to your channel to see them
>>
>>6051358
I know how you feel.

Guiltar, if you're here, I miss you.
>>
>>6051513
>checks his twitter
Aw, poor guy...
>>
>>6051546
Like I said, it seems like he's riding the band wagon. This "progressive" stuff came out of nowhere.
>>
>>6051536
I'm actually pretty okay with Krin, she's not nearly as obnoxious as I thought she'd be and she's actually kind of funny. Plus, she's only a part of the streams, which usually are just Vbuilds and Q+A's.
>>
>>6023197
Emgo's """mascot""" is so much more tolerable than that abomination.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQKxiWnAoIU

Holy fuck guys, this is hands down THE worst reveiw Ive ever seen. Bonus points for the clickbait boobs and the Linkin Park blaring in the background
>>
>>6051722

>she
>>
>>6014752
>...with the greatest of eeeeeeeaaaaaaase!
>>
>>6052438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuNAjNwh9c
So you haven't seen this yet.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.