[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

Does anyone collect figures from Hot Toys?

I want to start a collection but damn they are so expensive.
>>
>>
they're overpriced barbies anyways
>>
>>5997525
They are the best toy versions ever though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQs0ScI6Ew

The most realistic and the amount of extra accessories each figure comes with.
>>
dolls are for girls
>>
Don't collect will be to expensive your Hobby.
>>
>>5997572
but they are the most realistic compared to ANY other company.

Hot Toys does the best job ever
>>
If your thoughts about them are they are expensive then plain and simple you are not the market for them. Come back to them years down the line when you have a decent disposable income if you're looking to start a collection.

Alternatively just budget for them. Even as a poorfag I have several high end figures but they are

A) Some of my most wanted and favorite things
B) occasional purchases

I have 5 or 6 really expensive figures (even moreso than your average Hot Toys) but I only make a toy purchase like that about once a year.
>>
File: MessengerApp_20160119_193328.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
MessengerApp_20160119_193328.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>5997519
I guess ill have to be the first one to kick this already shit thread off.
Yeah, what of it.
its not that expensive when you look at it from a display point of view
>see anons collections of shelves full with a cluster fuck of figma and revoltechs
>with hot toys you only need one or to a shelve to it to look good
In my country a single hot toys figure costs the same as only 4 figma/revoltechs

[spoiler]but keep in mind you cant just have one, I have the money so I have about like 18 at this point[/you get the idea]

>>5997525
>>5997564
And toys are for kids.
I know one thing for sure, bigger collectibles are alot more socially acceptable than tiny little playthings and cute girls
>>
>>5997706
>with hot toys you only need one or to a shelve to it to look good
Don't forget you might need a bigger house or mansion to accomodate your Hot Toys collection.
>>
>>5997731
>you might need a bigger house or mansion to accomodate your Hot Toys collection.
Only if you become like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhrrzxO8IDs

No way do I want to fill up my house with just toys.

I go through a lot of different phases (Blu Rays, CD collections) but I sure would love to purchase a couple Hot Toys some day.

Problem is that I don't have any space to put them because my shelves are stacked full of CDs, DVDs, Blu Rays, Games but yeah I am not the person to buy a fancy shelf to display it. I am more of simply wanting the toy and to look at it up close (as well as being obsessed with the little accessories that all Hot Toys come with).

I do understand why it can become an addiction (But I am too much of a poorfag).
>>
File: Caphottoys.jpg (268KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Caphottoys.jpg
268KB, 1200x1600px
>>5997519
Recently got my first Hot Toys figure, Civil War Cap. Wasn't easy saving up for him, but it was worth it.

Recently pre-ordered CW Scarlet Witch, too.
>>
>>5997793
I wish they would release a Spidey Civil War version.

I'd love to collect one of Holland with the pizza shirt as well.

I guess they are waiting until Homecoming?
>>
>>5997582
>but they are the most realistic compared to ANY other company.

I guess thats cool if you're a boring western fag who doesn't like stylization and must have things that look just like 3D pig disgusting real life.

>Hot Toys does the best job ever

Except when it comes to having decent articulation
>>
>>5997519
They don't appeal to me, sure they look nice, but other than iron men and other exceptions they have piss poor articulation, for all that money they usually only come with one blank dead expression too.
>>
File: 20160624_095135.jpg (646KB, 1232x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20160624_095135.jpg
646KB, 1232x2048px
>>5998096
>I guess thats cool if you're a boring western fag who doesn't like stylization
>>
>>5997519
Yeah, that's generally hot toy's deal. If you don't get it right away from the preorder, you get fucked. Thankfully, there's plenty of chinese companies making unofficial versions of thigns that never got a hot toys, like Judge Dredd and Mad Max. There's also people who make figures of a similar quality, like sideshow...although I'd stay away unless you want to replace thier bodies. They may look the part but they're very stiff and feel breakable.
Additionally, if you get the right chinese bootleggers, you get virtually the same quality figure with slight imperfactions. I managed to get a Hot Toys Leon head from a bootlegger, along with his clothes, pretty much identical to the legit one I owned's quality.

There's also stylized art toys and other such things in this scale. Like 3A and foxbox.

Despite what peole who don't own them think, thier articualtion is actually really good too. This is only hampered on some figures by solid boots, but generally they can hit any pose a figma or SHF can hit.
>>
>>5998256
>Mad Max
Link me to a Mad Max one please! I wanna buy a Tom Hardy model or possibly Gibson.
>>
>>5997706
>socially acceptable
Hot toys fans are so lame
>>
I have a few and I daydream about getting more because they cover a lot of my flavor of the month characters and are always the best version out of all other collectibles and toys. I love interacting with figures but most of their outfits tend to be a bit on the fragile side so I'm always worried something will rip if I play with or pose them too much.
Another downside is that they take up to a year to release after the source material. So by the time they're available, a lot of people have already moved on.

While I'm no longer much of a Loki fan, pic related is the most valuable one I own. And I paid only 140 bucks or less because I PO-d at a Japanese store. Also by far better than Dark World version.
>>
>>5997752
All those HotToys... most of them are just standing .... shity articulation at its best.
>>
>>5998527
I like how hot toys fans always said the articulation is actually good but displays always have them standing, lol.
>>
>>5998534
The base body is well articulated. But the tight and often layered clothes made of faux leather and other easily ruined/chipped material hinder most movements. For example, if you keep a figure in a pose which strains the material for a while, it might start to crack or will stay deformed. It's less of an issue with regular clothes, like shirts, maybe jeans, etc.
Same goes for the silicone and seamless body parts, those are problematic too.
All those things make collectors who spent hundreds break out in a sweat.
So really, other than the likeness, there's little to boast about.
>>
>>5998256
>Despite what peole who don't own them think, thier articualtion is actually really good too. This is only hampered on some figures by solid boots, but generally they can hit any pose a figma or SHF can hit.

Haha, yeah right. Maybe they look impressive next to NECA figures, but very few of them can use all the articulation they can theoretically have. The underlying body is decently articulated, but still not as able to hit the crazy poses SHFs can hit.
>>
>>5998356
Sorry.
>>
>>5998678
>get ridiculously realistic looking toy
>put it into an unrealistic anime pose
Its mainly that. and that alot of people dont want to push them to their limits on what they can do
>>
>>5997519

1/6 with cloth just will always feel like dolls to me. I want that Sideshow General Grevious though since he has doesn't wear clothes or have a human face.
>>
>>5998946
doesn't even have to be an unrealistic anime pose, just anything that's not just standing there. The iron men are decently articulated, it's mainly the clothed or rubber ones.
>>
>think for literally years that Hot Toys are the perfect 11/10 Rolls Royce of action figures
>watch a youtube review for one
>articulation is fucking shit and the clothes can easily be ruined by just posing the damn thing

Not even joking, I was so disillusioned watching that review. If these things aren't immaculate in every way, what the hell are you dropping triple digits for?
>>
>>5998986

1/6 is a license to print money basically. Hot Toys clothes are more expensive than my own for example.
>>
>>5998678
lol, this is factually wrong. The underlying body on MOST 1/6th is equal to or better than shf posability in most areas, most will only fail on the waist.

The thing is, most people pay upwards of a few huundred on some of these figures, so they don't want to fuck with them for fear of breaking them.

The only 1/6th that can't hit good poses are the shitty rubber body ones, aor anything in a rubber suit. Thanksfully they're starting to learn nowadays and are just jointing the suits subtlety.

I think the recent antman stuff was spandex+cloth or some weird combo rather than rubber. If you wanna see what crazy stuff a 1/6th figure can do, check the 3A pictures. Those guys normally pose the shit out of thier figures doing ridiculous poses and the like.
>>5998986
Which one? Terminator was fine, and so was most of the Resident evil 4-5 stuiff.
>>
>>5998984
well heres an old pic of Venom Stark on a motorbike smoking a lego brick
>>
>>5997801
I don't think I've seen a single piece of Spidey merchandise from Civil War, from anybody. He wasn't on any of the movie posters, either. Maybe Sony won't let them?
>>
>>5999011
>most will only fail on the waist.

That's probably the most crucial bit to making a pose work, next to the neck.
>>
>>5997519
I do. Don't fucking start, it's so god damn addicting.
>>5999195
There was Funko made for it and I bet that Sony allows for a Hot Toy to be made for Homecoming
>>
File: IMG_2789.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2789.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>5997519

I have exactly one
>>
>>5999195
I feel like I read somewhere that the only Spiderman merchandise that could be sold from Civil War had to be included with other characters from the movie, he couldn't be sold on his own. But I could be completely wrong on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>5997519
I've got mainly Star Wars figures, but a couple other random ones from other movies
>>
>>5999011
ehhh well if your talking about older rubber bodies then youd be correct especially for hot toys but newer rubber and silicon ones are very durable and quite flexible unless you want swivels. look at the photos of the world box and damtoys seamless joints. i dont own any but phicens look very good as well.

The real problem with articulation in hot toys is that every time they intend for a figure to show its elbow or knee joints like in >>5999031
they make them with very shitty single joints to preserve sculpt. sideshow does it as well but way more often. if you look at the iron mans and any figures with a true type body then articulation is usually very good and cloth usually affects it marginally.
>>
>>5997519
they're the best, mini wax figures essentially. /toy/ can't buy them with NEET bux though so they're denounced here.
>>
I put down a preorder on the Doom Marine 1/6 from threeA, good idea or not? It'd be my first 1/6.
>>
>>6000747
cancel the pre order and wait for the reviews to come out before getting any 1/6th from 3A.
they could be decent but quite a few have been a fucking nightmare
>>
File: cobra3.jpg (458KB, 1470x1485px) Image search: [Google]
cobra3.jpg
458KB, 1470x1485px
>muh advice
>>
Can anyone confirm if the Predators can use others hands?
>>
>>6013279
They can, but the colors of the hands would be off for most of them. Not sure why you'd want to anyways. The Hot Toys Predators already come with a decent amount of swappable hands.
>>
>>6013355
Damn.

Wanted to know so they could properly hold the other Predators accessories. I don't want to buy too many of them.
>>
>>6013590
>buy too many of them
you never have too many until you have all of them!
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 194x259px
Kind of pissed they have a good quality Comedian. Wish another manufacturer would make a decent 1/12 scale for those who don't want to spend $200+
>>
>>5997519

First step: become rich.
>>
>>6018473
theres a off brand figure coming out soon so there is some hope of not paying "scalpers pls rape my ass" prices for a 1.6 Ledger joker. kinda over priced as it is though.

http://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figure_MomToys_1_4_Scale_18_Buffoon_MOM_2_p/mt0007.htm
>>
>>6018580
>$300 for a 1/4 ledger Joker

This thing is going to fucking suck.
>>
>>5997563
and zero articulation
>>
>>5998395
>Another downside is that they take up to a year to release after the source material.
>tfw still waiting for Drax two years after GOTG released

I just want to complete my Guardians dammit.
>>
>>5997519
I got too many Hot Toys. I have some I haven't even opened yet, and bought two Hulks I have no idea where to put these big fuckers.
>>
>>6023302
Why do you need two Hulks?
>>
They're frustrating. Any damae or isssue on them feels ten fold worse because of how pricy they are.
Right now I have a Hot toys Snake Eyes with incredibly loose ankles. He keeps falling in the display case. I could use the doll stand for him, but I wanted him to actually pose.
>>
>>5999195
Hasbro released a Marvel Legends figure based on Civil War Spidey. Granted it looks like any generic Spider-Man figure, but they did make one.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.