[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on The Feudal Series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 22

File: image.jpg (167KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 1500x1500px
Thoughts on The Feudal Series?
>>
>>5996454
Overpriced and lazily designed. Go home, Fwoosh, no one wants your shit
>>
>>5996456
>lazily designed
Please, elaborate.
>>
>>5996454
>hasbro tier joints

Throw it in the trash.
>>
Racist, perhaps unintentionally. Sculped by people who have never seen a Japanese person before. WTF were they using as a design model, Vin Diesel? Take a close look. Wrong nose, wrong eyes (no epicanthic fold), wrong shape of face, wrong body type for East Asians, esp. Japanese.

Shoken's backstory is especially stupid. Maybe the real reason the kids in the village bullied him because he's a gaijin, or half-gaijin boy.

It would look just as stupid if a toy company came up with a line of Greek hoplites that all looked like they were Chinese. Then made up backstories that these Chinese-looking hoplites grew up in Greek villages.
>>
>>5996454
I don't understand why people keep making threads praising these. They don't look that great and don't look worth the asking price
The accessories look cool neat though
>>
>>5996505
Your elaboration is invalid.
>>
File: image.png (673KB, 581x584px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
673KB, 581x584px
>>5996510
How do they not look worth the asking price? They come with a shit ton of accessories along with great articulation and paint. The pricing is only semi-high for cucks who don't understand the processing method, and can't realize they can't mass-produce like Hasbro.
>>
File: 6.jpg (128KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
128KB, 1500x1500px
>>5996552
The articulation is adequate, but should be much better for characters that are supposed to be super acrobatic. Paint looks good, but looks like it might chip off. And their cheapest option to buy a figure was a total of 45 bones, all for one ninja, a few hands, and a few swords. That's a little ridiculous. I foresee these being equivalent to a Funko Legacy figure
>>
Nice idea and effort because I respect start-ups, but the ML body type is incredibly outdated. It's basically kept roughly the same joint system since, what, 2003? You're investing in something that is completely last generation and only doing it because it matches your other archaic toys that are still being pumped out. Investment fallacy if ever I saw one.

If anything they should have looked to the future and made figures a tier above Legends, rather than identical to Legends. The idea of single piece, pinned double joints belongs on retail pegs for $20, not at premium prices. I mean, shit, look at the wrists; clearly they saw the limitations of single piece swivel/hinge joints in that area, yet look what they're still including on the rest of the body.

I hope there is a guy on the fwoosh production team here in this thread shilling, because he'd see this post and realize how much they are comically outdated. Supposedly they have a lot of passion behind what they do, but they came up incredibly short because of aping muh Legends instead of innovating/keeping with the current gen.
>>
>>5996552
Its some fucking American toy garbage, not worth it at all.
>>
File: figuarts hasbro stormtrooper.jpg (165KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts hasbro stormtrooper.jpg
165KB, 576x1024px
>>5996626
I'm not sure why you think one type of joint is better than another.
They're all pretty shit when it comes to being recognizable at first glance or even in profile.

Of course, some guys like Yamaguchi can make joints look worse than they really are.
>>
>>5998563
>I'm not sure why you think one type of joint is better than another.
Because some ARE better than others. Pick up an SHF Kinnikuman figure, and then say that an ML is even in the same league. Nobody would take you seriously if you said they were.
>>
File: rev deadpool.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rev deadpool.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>5998599
As far as i can tell, it's not the joints that makes them better, but how much they cut away at the sculpt to increase their mobility.

Obviously, more joints do help though.

If this wasn't true, then all the figuarts would be equally as poseable as the wrestling figure you're talking about. And they aren't.

Just go look at how disjointed the Revoltech Deadpool looks to be as poseable as he is.
Dislocated shoulders, elbows hanging by a thread, it's like something out of /b/'s rekt threads, but without the gore.

Of course, there are revoltechs that actually look great, but aren't as poseable because they don't share this type of mess.
>>
>>5996454
I like the idea behind them but they look like Hasbro-tier figures that aren't even elaborately designed and look generic in their details. Of course, the sticking point being that a single purchase costs about two Hasbro figures for what is essentially a single glorified Hasbro figure.
>>
>>5998632
>As far as i can tell, it's not the joints that makes them better, but how much they cut away at the sculpt to increase their mobility
It's not. Not in the least.

It's not about quantity of joints, it's about how well the joints are designed. The Kinnikuman figures have essentially gotten rid of traditional bicep swivels and utilize a super clever double elbow joint with a swivel built in between the two ends. Then it's supplemented by a balljoint that bridges the shoulder into a butterfly joint. Same general joint quantity, less cuts, vastly better movement.

That's where fwoosh fucked it up royally. They're charging premium prices for the joint system utilized since the early 2000s. Their usage of import style wrist joints is proof enough that they know how shitty ML joints are, but they're too infatuated with the idea of making ML clones instead of actual good toys.
>>
File: Economies_of_scale.png (13KB, 330x281px) Image search: [Google]
Economies_of_scale.png
13KB, 330x281px
>>5998878
> Kinnikuman figures have essentially gotten rid of traditional bicep swivels and utilize a super clever double elbow joint with a swivel built in between the two ends
Like i said, more joints help.

I have various Figuarts, Revoltech, and Figmas which are barely more poseable MLs and other lines. Some aren't even more poseable, like hte DBZ figures.
Again, the most noticeable difference is just how much sculpt is taken off.
As that Deadpool proves, it goes a long way when it's just a revoltech sitting way far apart from the rest of the figure.

>They're charging premium prices for the joint system utilized since the early 2000s.
First, it's not early 00s. MLs didn't have that standard set until the late 00s.
Second, they're not charging premium prices. They're charging what a niche start up company charges when they're selling a couple thousand figures to a tiny consumer base. This is basic economics shit you should have learned in high school.

Three, that's not "import" style joints. That shit has been around since forever that you might as well call it a McFarlane joint.
>>
I wouldn't call them overpriced considering the size of the production run, but that doesn't make the $40 price tag for what is essentially a somewhat souped-up Hasbro figure sting any less. If they were to somehow pull some economic black magic and get these things out for $20 each, I'd absolutely pick up a couple, but paying import-figure prices for ML-tier army-builders isn't an appealing prospect.
>>
>>5998909
>First, it's not early 00s. MLs didn't have that standard set until the late 00s
What are you even talking about? S4 Gambit's joint system is the same as what is being used today. Block style double knees and elbows and everything else, other than new style ankle rockers (which are complete shit without calf swivels). And in 2014 they released a Wolverine that uses body parts from a Wolverine made in 2004, a full decade prior.

Look, if you don't know what you're talking about, or you just want to justify/shill fwoosh's products, it's probably a better idea not to even post. Because anybody with half a brain can shoot down everything you can post, and it will only make their stuff look worse by constantly dredging up how archaic their products are.
>>
File: Gambit-2.jpg (143KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gambit-2.jpg
143KB, 768x1024px
>>5998931
You don't know shit.

Toy Biz Gambit ≠ whatever Hasbro Spider-Man redecoed body is popular right now with you kids
And Gambit's body is definitely not the standard, especially when Toy Biz was still experimenting with the joints they were using. They really didn't standardize the joints until the Face Off waves and when they became Marvel Toys.

Just so you know, i didn't buy Fwoosh's ninjas and never will.
I only posted because you're just bullshitting and making halfassed guesses to deride a line.

Also, can you tell me how economics of scale doesn't apply to Fwoosh's toys?
>>
>>5998929
>but paying import-figure prices for ML-tier army-builders isn't an appealing prospect.
Pretty much this.

If the designs were a little more inspired and actually had some personality and flair, I might have felt more inclined (even with the ML articulation scheme) but you're essentially buying custom bases or faceless army-builders for import prices.

There's a few select that actually look good (the all-silver samurai, the Snake Eyes-lite) but the rest look like generic ninja/samurai and any other Eastern martial arts stereotype you can come up with, except done in the most boring/vanilla way possible with very little personality in the sculpts.

And I say this as someone who actually collects ML which are normally criticized for reused sculpts. Hell, Hasbro's Star Wars Black figures have more personality and flair in their sculpts compared to these.
>>
>>5996454
Can we all just agree, these are the most top-tier toys for your buck out atm?

>amazing articulation
>tons of accessories
>made by collectors
>>
>>5999813
No, wtf
>>
File: Marauder-Dio-Small-12_1421370336.jpg (897KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Marauder-Dio-Small-12_1421370336.jpg
897KB, 2048x1152px
>>5999143
>If the designs were a little more inspired and actually had some personality and flair, I might have felt more inclined (even with the ML articulation scheme) but you're essentially buying custom bases or faceless army-builders for import prices.
You sound pretty poorfag.

GI Joe collectors are spending 2-4x more for generic army builders without any problems.

People wanted generic 6" army builders and it's obvious people are willing to pay 2-4x more for them.
Stop complaining about how you're too poor to afford them.
>>
>>5999813
>for your buck
>paying double the price of Hasbro Legends for a Legends tier figure
uh huh
>>6000411
If you're going to army build a ML tier figures at import prices, you might as well army build import figures then
You can't be serious
>>
>>6000448
Yeah, I get the feeling that this is same anon who tried to impersonate peon's style of typing and making a bunch of threads for something to get people to hate it and any posts relating to it.
>>
>>6000467
And where can you get generic ninja army builders that fit in with your collection then?
>>
>>6000411
>People wanted generic 6" army builders and it's obvious people are willing to pay 2-4x more for them.
Yeah, of course those who would be willing to pay 2-4x more for these uninspired ideas and designs would be thankful about the existence of these figures. It literally caters to their niche taste of overpriced Hasbro-tier armybuilders, so price isn't even a factor for them.

>Stop complaining about how you're too poor to afford them.
I own multiple Hot Toys, collect various import lines AND western figures across the board. If a shitty line like this has very little to offer other than shitting out Hasbro-tier products at that price, then it doesn't deserve my well-earned cash.

Sounds like you're the poorfag who's been saving up his cash just to blow them on some sub-par products so they could match the rest of your stagnant ML collection huh.

Go choke on your Hasbro-tier figure for twice the price you fucking pleb.
>>
>>5999813
they're not even the best 6 inch kickstarter line from a western company.
>>
>>6000532
The articulation on these is far superior to ML, maybe if you actually researched a bit you would know this
>>
>>6000536
If you're implying Mythic Legions that's completely unfair to say. We don't even have these in hand yet. In paint, from pics, MyL seems to have an edge, but they're obviously killed in articulation (which no one complains about for some reason). Accessory count is around even for the non basic ninjas. Sculpt is preference, 4H vs Gentle Giant. Price is around the same.
>>
File: red ninjas bridge.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
red ninjas bridge.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>6000532
>these uninspired ideas and designs
That's the whole fucking point behind army builders.
They're fucking grunts! They're nameless and nothing but cannonfodder for the hero characters to stomp on, for the purppose of showing how badass the hero is.
You might as well be complaining that not every road on your street aren't tile mosaics.

These toys are obviously not for you, because you're totally missing the point of what army builders are.

>Hasbro-tier products at that price
Sounds like you're just angry that they're not made like your superior Nihongo toys.
There's nothing about them being Hasbro-tier since they haven't been released yet. The only thing they even share with Hasbro figures is just their articulation and what's wrong with that? Your bias shines through like crazy.

>you're the poorfag who's been saving up his cash just to blow them on some sub-par products so they could match the rest of your stagnant ML collection
Again, I'm not buying these. I'm just responding to stupid inane bullshit because it sticks out like crazy.
>>
>>6000749
>That's the whole fucking point behind army builders.
I get that but for the price they're going for they could have done more in the way of adding certain details.

>These toys are obviously not for you, because you're totally missing the point of what army builders are.
I get the point of army builders but the aesthetic choice of the sculpts clearly aren't for me so fair enough, I'll concede this one.

>Sounds like you're just angry that they're not made like your superior Nihongo toys.
Where the hell are you even drawing this from? Are you just trying to get an argument out of me? I love Hasbro and Japanese figures alike, I just have a problem with the pricing being the way it is when they're essentially glorified Hasbro figures. Compare that to Hasbro's recent output, and a few select accessories certainly don't feel like they justify the price in my eyes. Again, I get it's a limited run but since we've already established that these are clearly not for me, let's not delve any further than this.
>>
>>6000807
>I get that but for the price they're going for they could have done more in the way of adding certain details.
What part of "economies of scale" don't you get?
>Where the hell are you even drawing this from?
Because you're calling them Hasbro-tier like they even share the same QC or samefag body reuse that is inappropriate for the figure.
The only thing they seem to share is just the joint engineering, even then, what's wrong with that? Most complaints about that usually come from how much sculpt gets in the way of the joints, but didn't they respond to that by changing the sculpt?

>I just have a problem with the pricing
Sure, but it is what it is.
Like i said before, GI Joe collectors will pay up 2-4x more for generic figures because it is justified just to have those generic figures.
It fills a niche that is wanted and the limited nature of that niche means it will be more expensive because of it.

Honestly, when i buy import figures, they're way overpriced for what I'm getting. Feature per feature, objectively, it isn't worth the price.
You won't see me making threads about that crap, because I'll still pay up because it's the only way to get a character i like in toy form. It's the same way I'll pay up for late-comer taxes when i buy an old popular figure that costs 2-10x more than what it originally cost.

There is no justification beyond my own want for it. These figures exist and are bought for the same reason.
Obviously, economies of scale does explain the higher price though.
>>
Pack of 12 ninja's is for people who want army builders - 12 ninja's priced at $27.00 ea.
>>
>>5996505
>Wrong nose, wrong eyes (no epicanthic fold), wrong shape of face, wrong body type for East Asians, esp. Japanese.
it's not their fault japs are ugly manlets
>>
>This thread

I guess people will defend shit, no matter which side of the world it gets shat out of.
>>
Marvel legends quality for figuarts price.
>>
>>5998909
>like hte DBZ figures.
Which dbz shf is less posable than a marvel legends figure?
>>
File: AKM_Assault-03.jpg (87KB, 752x750px) Image search: [Google]
AKM_Assault-03.jpg
87KB, 752x750px
Vegeta, Frieza.

The lack of hip swivels is very GI Joe like and made me realize how biased you guys are when praising Figuart figures.
Dno't get me wrong, i like the figures and would pay again for them despite these flaws, but wow, so much defenses about superior articulation and it's not much better than this.
>>
>>6005518
wut?

Any SHF vegeta and definitely frieza has better articulation than a ML figure.

This is stupid and wrong.
>>
>>6005518
you just proved to all of us that you've never handled a figuarts before with that bullshit right there
>>
File: self hating figuart fan.jpg (138KB, 928x537px) Image search: [Google]
self hating figuart fan.jpg
138KB, 928x537px
>>6005637
uh huh

>>6005607
Like i said, the hips really bothered me with how the legs really don't offer much better articulation.
>>
>>6005641
idk, it must be the quality of the joints that makes me like the figuarts articulation better. But really man i could get 100x as many GREAT LOOKING poses in my shf cap than i could my ML caps ive all sold
>>
>>6005647
>the quality of the joints
I'd have taken the rest of your post seriously, if you hadn't said this.
>>
>>6005654
huh? im comparing them to ML's joints. They might not be the best but theyre miles ahead of what hasbro has got going on
>>
File: MU_Beast.jpg (137KB, 800x738px) Image search: [Google]
MU_Beast.jpg
137KB, 800x738px
>>6005659
They're both double jointed, with the SHF having that little pull down bit that really doesn't do much. Pretty equal, depending on the character.

Only real nice thing about the SHF is that it has that ballhinge at the feet like this Beast figure.
>>
>>6005641
Again, wut?

I can get much more hip range out of my DBZ shf figures than I can on my marvel legends figures. Hell, a good bit of my ML figures have extremely limited range of motion on their hips. Most of them only go out about 35 degrees at absolute best.

None of what you are saying stands up to a side by side.
>>
File: 2016-11-04_23.41.46.jpg (929KB, 1674x1715px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-04_23.41.46.jpg
929KB, 1674x1715px
>>6005641
Frieza has better hip articulation than my iron fist and pizza spidey.
>>
>>6005676
I can get my GI Joes to get that high too.

Here's a nice thing about swivels, they allow you to get to higher ranges.
As I've said in other threads, it all depends on the sculpt that is cut away to allow them to get their range. More joints allows for more options, like this.

Sorry, i didn't have any MLs out on display for me to make this comparison.
>>
>>6005518
You mean thigh swivels since it would be somewhere in the thigh. New vegeta and I think any new body figuarts has a thigh swivel so might be time to update your figures.
>>6005676
Frieza has pull down hips which is completely different from the way MLs are made so there shouldn't be any comparison between the two.
>>
>>6005743
I'm not the one who started claiming that marvel legends had better hip articulation than shf dbz figures.
>>
>Someone argued that Marvel Legends figures have better hip articulation than SH Figuarts

Peak delusion, right here.
>>
File: joesvsfreezah.jpg (208KB, 1160x659px) Image search: [Google]
joesvsfreezah.jpg
208KB, 1160x659px
>>6006390
>being in this much denial.
It's like you don't even own a great variety of toys and are generally ignorant of anything but your tiny scope

Have two random GI Joes who can do a kick straight forward higher than a SHF.
>>
>>6007144
Being able to kick higher or do the splits doesn't mean shit without hip swivel and proper ankles that don't put shit at some goofy angle.
>>
>>6007154
>Being able to kick higher or do the splits doesn't mean shit without hip swivel
No shit? That's my point.
Freiza and other SHF have some of the worst swivels I've ever seen to the point they're little better than GI Joes' hips.
Hence my original comment people had a problem with
>The lack of hip swivels is very GI Joe like

>proper ankles that don't put shit at some goofy angle
Oh, like i said, i like the ankles, but I've mentioned other figures that do have the same type (Hasbro's 4" Beast and the Halo figures).

Of course, lacking these things doesn't mean it doesn't mean shit. I mean, you don't see me saying because Freiza is lacking in swivel on the hips the rest doesn't mean shit, do you?
It's still an enjoyable figure, same as my GI Joes, MLs, and others that lack certain qualities. They're all still plenty possible, some more than others.
Stop pretending it must be all or nothing, especially when you live in a glass house. It just shows how biased and generally ignorant you guys are.
>>
>>6007190
You realize people can post in threads and enter conversations other people are having right? I wasn't the one you were arguing with. I was just making a point that GI Joe have TWO major flaws that make it really hard to pose them from the waist down.

I like GI Joe in terms of them coming with a bunch of stuff and also scratching my nostalgia/soldier itch but good god they are a pain in the ass to pose naturally at the legs. Frieza's hip swivel isn't perfect but he is nowhere near as difficult to get a good pose out of.

Nothing is shit because it lacks features, it all comes down to what someone wants, what they are willing to pay and if the features included bridge the value gap. I would argue a bigger problem with ML is the constant mold re-use.
>>
File: mu figures twopacks.jpg (125KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
mu figures twopacks.jpg
125KB, 800x449px
>>6007214
>but good god they are a pain in the ass to pose naturally at the legs.
Again, that's my point. The ankles help with Frieza in standing, but it doesn't look all that realistic just like GI Joes. Thank fuck they all come with stands.

And i wouldn't call it a major flaw.

>the features included bridge the value gap
This is another negative. Rarely ever are expensive toys ever bridging the value gap.
With almost every toy that i pay more than the average Hasbro or (past) McFarlane toy (a pretty good base standard), I'm only ever paying for slightly better paint, nicer details, or just for the character in general.
The ninjas could have been done as a $20 Hasbro, plus (maybe) nicer QC (2-5 bucks more). Their cost is justified by being niche as fuck, but their value isn't there.
Same shit with other army builder lines.
The value gap is never met.

Just like with Frieza, I'm paying just for the character (0) and some extra joints (~$10).

>I would argue a bigger problem with ML is the constant mold re-use.
It's not the mold reuse that is a problem. It's the fucking scale creep. Inappropriate bodies being used for various characters. The MU line reused bodies just fine.
>>
>>6007225
>It's not the mold reuse that is a problem. It's the fucking scale creep. Inappropriate bodies being used for various characters
I would argue there is more problems than that. Characters not getting sculpted details that should be sculpted details. The feeling like you're buying the same figure over and over which affects value. The mixture of molded color and painted parts ending up all poorly matched due to the mold re-use. Problems not being fixed like a lot of recent Spidey figures having poor hip range because they already invested in the mold they want to re-use forever. I could go on.

>This is another negative. Rarely ever are expensive toys ever bridging the value gap.
I would argue otherwise. Time is money. Space affects time. A more expensive figure means you have less things to clean, more time to pose/enjoy it and more space in the house. The larger the collection the more unwieldy and the more time/energy it takes to maintain it without actively enjoying it. As such i'd rather have 20 high quality figures than 50 lower quality ones. The time sink becomes unreal at a certain point and that's when the perception of value changes for the higher quality pieces.
>>
File: Hiya-Toys-Aliens-139.jpg (304KB, 2048x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Hiya-Toys-Aliens-139.jpg
304KB, 2048x1331px
>>6007276
>you're buying the same figure over and over which affects value.
I don't think I've ever felt this way, despite my rather large collection. Though I rarely buy Hasbro MLs, so i really can't speak on them specifically. What keeps me away? The fact that they don't use the right bodies for them. It just looks cheap, which you partly speak about.

>I would argue otherwise.
wtf are you talking about?
You're not even addressing what I said and just want to talk about how you appreciate your toys because you own less. This may or may not be true, because i have no idea of what you do with your stuff.
I do shit to "maintain" my collection. The vast majority is stored in boxes and i don't know if you've noticed, but most of what i show off is what i keep out. Hence that Frieza popping up so often in photos i take.
Do i appreciate my Frieza more, thus prefer higher "quality"? Nope, because my $8 GI Joes stay out and are taken photos of more frequently. And i probably have about a thousand of them.

What does that have to do with their value? Nothing, because it's an entirely different topic. Just because i like something more doesn't mean it should cost more. So its value is only based on its features and Hasbro pretty much sets what a toy with plenty of articulation, average paint, and a high quality sculpt should cost. You can see how that cost balloons up when collector companies who sell fewer toys but with higher QC/more features will sell for. Feature per feature,that cost doesn't always correlate, especially with import toys.
It really boggles my mind how figures from China or Hong Kong can cost so much, yet take into account what their cost of living is over there and their median wages. Do they really expect collectors to hand over a higher % of their income for overpriced toys? This applies to Japan too.
Rarely ever do i feel like the price is justified, so when i buy it solely for the character it better look right instead of this
>>
>>6007367
I should mention that i rotate my displays. Most of the reason SOME of my GI Joes stay out is because most of what i buy is for their scale.
So i keep things out for sake of interacting with newer stuff i buy.

Figures like that Frieza stays out because it's just a great looking figure. Whereas my Vegeta is more of a disappointment minus a head or two and is stowed away with other Figuarts.

Haven't really bought an ML in a while, so they remain in their boxes.
Just bought a Star Wars figure and i took out a few just to keep the new one company.
That Halo figure i posted was a new purchase, but there's about 6 others out as well.

I have other random stuff out as well, just because they look good, like that Frieza.
>>
>>6007144
Freizas's leg goes higher than that, and much further out.

Dude just stop this is embarrassing. You can get dbz shf figures into probably any pose you can a marvel legends figure. You can't say the same for the reverse.

This is beyond stupid
>>
I can't wait until I get mine. I love ninjas, and have since I was a child, so getting some decent figures of them is going to be great.
>>
>>5998929
>If they were to somehow pull some economic black magic and get these things o̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶$̶2̶0̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶, to me for free, plus provide a generous handjob, I'd absolutely pick up a couple.
>>
Wow this thread is a shitshow. The same thing happens with every 4H thread. And the occasional Motu thread. Actually, pretty much every thread becomes a bunch of stinky neckbeards yelling at each other.

Can't people just like what they like without some fat whitebread anon telling them they're wrong?
>>
>>6007740
No, this is 4chin
>>
>>6007539
No, it doesn't.
It only does if you put the leg kicking outward to the side a bit and hte GI Joes can extend their kicks as well by doing that too. Kicking straight out is limited by that top muscle on frieza's leg.

>You can get dbz shf figures into probably any pose you can a marvel legends figure. You can't say the same for the reverse.
It can't do this pose >>5998964
>This is beyond stupid
NAh, you're just ignorantly making claims because you don't own these toys.
>>
File: frieza.jpg (240KB, 907x893px) Image search: [Google]
frieza.jpg
240KB, 907x893px
>>6008435

You can't even keep it straight what figure or line you want to say does things better than the figuarts even when photos show you are wrong.

First it's that icons are modeled after Marvel legends from hasbro and that you think those have better hip articulation than figuarts, then it's mcfarlane figures, then it's toybiz legends.

Frieza can just about properly heil hitler with his leg. Straight out.

If you think the icons are going to have better hip articulation than these when they are built off the articulation of a line where figures are lucky if they can take a wide stance, then you are lying to yourself to justify some retarded fanboy stance, and that's retarded.
>>
>>6008721
>Straight out
are you dumb?

The knees on the GI Joes are almost getting to the waist. The thighs reach a little over on the Freiza, but those GI Joes still go higher, which you can't even see on your freiza. Again, that thigh muscle is getting in the way on Frieza, preventing it to go any higher. The only way to get a higher range is by moving the leg laterally.
You know why the GI Joes can raise their legs higher? Because the hips are larger and it tapers down until it goes more into the thighs. Frieza's legs begin at a large thigh muscle, again, pointing at how sculpts are what affects range of motion most. This is why more articulation is needed, to get around that sculpt.
This is what McFarlane did with their Halo figures and why they're able to kick their heads almost.

>First it's that icons are modeled after Marvel legends from hasbro
I don't think i ever said Icons or DC in this thread, and using a FIND finds nothing.
Second, I never said Hasbro MLs. I just said MLs in general.
Third, i directly compared the Figuarts to GI Joes FIRST.
Fourth, yeah, i said i don't have any MLs out to actually show their range, but there's that Gambit right there doing things Frieza can't.

And the Halo figure is a great example to show how you can have a super detailed armored toy (much harder to do than basic nude forms) and how extra articulation gets past that limitation.
>>
>>6007740
It's literally just subjectanon. He takes a civil discussion and makes it about him being right. Then when all his posts get deleted and he gets himself banned, he ban evades and does the same shit all over again.
He's a mage autist and a huge faggot, I hope he kills himself or stops posting.
Just keep reporting him, hopefully the mods permaban him.
>>
>>6008753
>implying I've ever been banned for talking about toys
>implying I'm not right and haven't been providing proof
Such denial and anger you just want everything about how your toy brand isn't perfect to disappear.

You and the other guys are the one making it worse, because you're just trying to poke holes in what I've said. Yet my original comment still holds true about how the sculpt matters most with range and how extra articulation is a good way to bypass it. I've provided proof to back up my statements with GI Joes being able to kick higher than a SHF and how the extra articulation like on the McFarlane figure allows it to reach further heights.
But nope, you guys gotta keep trying to prove me wrong by posting images of what is already proven to be limited.

Why even try if you can't back up your ignorant views?

BTW, have you been banned for whining about me? Because it sounds like you have been, considering how you hold to your view about deletions and bans.
>>
>>5999813
Hello RoboKillah
>>
>subjectanon ruins another thread

Fantastic.
>>
>>6008798
Robo is objective for the most part, not a troll like that guy who's trying to get people to take him seriously. I think the basic Ninjas were overpriced, but the others do have a fair few accessories and what not to try to make up for the price. When I bought them I knew they'd probably be a bit more than they should be but given all the factors I still went with it, and I'm fine with that.
>>
>>6009213
RoboKillah was the only one I could remember
>>
We received the final production schedule from the factory. They are busy addressing all of our notes as they move forward and have informed us that our full order of all 17 SKUs has an ex-factory date of December 31st. Our freight forwarder will pick them up on the 31st and transport them to our distribution center here in the US, we are anticipating 1 month door to door. Our distribution center will begin shipping Kickstarter rewards and preorders in February with the goal of getting everything out before the end of the month.
We will be closing preorders on January 1st.

AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>6009657
Under a year's time is alright for their first time around. International orders will probably be around March. I really hope I don't get hit by customs. It was somehow avoided with even some Mythic Legions, so hopefully the trend persists.
>>
>>6009662
Didn't the kickstarter begin and end in september of '15?
>>
>>6009663
Ah, whoops, mixed it up with the original ETA, which was silly. A little over a year then.
>>
>>6009657
So it'll be a year after their initial estimate that I'd have gotten my preorder.

I remember six months ago people shitting on posters who said it wouldn't make it till 2017
>>
>>6009735
That'd be stupid of those people because even Fwoosh guys thought it'd be lucky if they could get them by Christmas. Regardless, if the end product is better as a result then that's fine. It's only ~2-3 months into 2017.
>>
>>6009775
The fwoosh guys used to insist that they would ship last spring, then July, then before Christmas, then quarter 4, now q1 2017.

That's why people gave those posters shit.
>>
Have any of you guys been in a kickstarter where it ever goes as planned?

I mean, besides companies that already existed for years and had already been producing products just as long....
>>
Surprised nobody posted the new shots of the final production ninja
>>
>>6012494
>>
>>6012497
>>
>>6009910
There has been quite a few KS that have went as planned because they didn't give bullshit estimates. Let's be real, most people don't want to hear "we will release in two years" when they can hear "we will release next year/month/etc"

Even if it's a lie it's a beautiful lie that gets money. Generally speaking a company wants to downplay hype and lower expectations but with KS it's all about hype, unrealistic expectations and fluffy dreams.
>>
>>6012494
>>6012497
>>6012499
So it's not really in scale with anything?
>>
>>6012530
More like MLs and their creeping scale are not in scale with 1/12th stuff
>>
File: ratio and scales.gif (47KB, 720x525px) Image search: [Google]
ratio and scales.gif
47KB, 720x525px
>>6012522
>There has been quite a few KS that have went as planned
Yeah, book and other art stuff.
Even Reaper delayed their miniatures.
And action figures that have more working parts, usually made by tiny first time companies? Which one ever did it on time?

>>6012530
Scale doesn't mean literally 6" or whatever you're thinking.
Scale means that the character's size shrunk down by a ratio, so their real height is divided by the arbitrary number ratio.
So if they claim that ninja is 1:12, that means it's the correct ratio and he would stand at around 5'11" IRL.
>>
>>6012530
Seems fine to me, they're fucking ninjas man, they're supposed to be small and spry.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.