[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dime Novel Legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 15

Welp, it got funded (surprisingly) now what?
>>
Wait and see how much further they get into their funding goals (no much, I imagine), then wait and see if they come anywhere close to meeting their release targets.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if these go from December 2017 to Spring or Summer 2018.
>>
>>5995338
Yeah probably. Now that it's funded I'm probably going back it. I want to get some of them to make customs of more identifiable characters.
>>
>>5995340

I could use the various accessories for projects, and I'm not opposed to having cowboy figures in general.
I'm probably down for Quigley, if they get that far.
>>
>>5995370
I'm really hoping they get at least that far. I want to do the "gather the posse" package but really none of the figures are that exciting to me.

We have
>Tombstone Wyatt Earp
>Bass Reeves
>Trail Boss- Generic Cowboy
>Saloon Bartender
>Ranch Hand- A selfie figure of someone on the team
>Vigilante- Lone Ranger Expy
>Trooper Army Builder

Pretty much everything except maybe the Lone Ranger guy and Wyatt are an easy pass for me. Maybe the Bartender just on novelty. Probably going to get the Bass guy and Tex for parts.

I'm really hoping that they learn something from this one and do some better characters for the second series, assuming they do one since this was funded successfully.
They've already reconfigured once and made teh Lone Ranger guy not All-In exclusive, probably because they noticed there's not much interest in generic cowboy figures for $25 each.
>>
The last thread fell off for a reason, stop spamming this shit
>>
>>5995338
>Wouldn't surprise me in the least if these go from December 2017 to Spring or Summer 2018.
At least, 2019 is a more realistic date, Alyosha doesn't inspire confidence at all, serious companies with better reputation and professionalism than that guy had a hard time struggling with schedules and chinks.
>>
>>5995572
People keep acting like he's 100% responsible for the line and building these by hand. I get it, he has a shit reputation, worries me too but it's not really a valid argument.
>>
>>5995687
>shit reputation
>not valid argument
>>
You know, if that mystery donor would stop playing games and just pledge $10,000 without the damn strings attached, it would actually get funded with a little spare change. Today, it's been bouncing back and forth from "funded" to "not funded". It lost 4 "all-in" backers since yesterday. More will probably be pulling out at the last minute because it sure ain't gonna get no $300,000 total. Does that mean mystery donor will start pulling the matching funds too?

This whole KS has been stupidly run. "All-in" isn't really an all-in. Too many "no, you don't get that, or that, or that with all-in BS".
>>
>>5995286
>Welp, it got funded (surprisingly) now what?

It's dipped back under a half dozen times in the last 24 hours. I threw my pledge in for $125 for a five pack of figures.

I expect as it gets closer though it will continue to dip unless there's a sudden and sustained influx of backers. Because when it gets close to being over and almost no stretch goals are met the All In backers are likely going to disappear or downgrade their pledges. Because the All In pledge is not at all appealing without the stretch goals.

Unfortunately I predict this being an unsuccessful KS, which sucks. Because even if you don't like 1/18 Western stuff it's good parts and figures for Firefly/Serenity customs.
>>
>>5996541
Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel it, send Alyosha to "silent partner" status, revamp it without all the ridiculous conditions, make "all-in" a true "all-in" and make it worth it. And convince mystery donor to pledge $10,000 straight without demanding an all-in pledge from other people to match.

Right now it takes way too much effort and rocket science to figure out what you can or can't buy, and any gotchas that will prevent you from getting what you wanted.
>>
>>5995785
That's been my main issue with it. I was only vaguely aware of Broken Arrow Toys repuation. Them partnering with SmallJoes and Boss Fight in ways make me think that eventually pledges will be filled...granted it gets funded.

The deal for me is how poorly managed it has been from point go. They have a ho-hum assortment of base figures. The figures that would sell better are impossible unlocks. The pledge system is patchwork and they change things a lot to try and force it to get funded. They need a new facebook spokesperson because all the current one does is bitch that nobody is spending enough.

It really sucks because it is setting a bad precedent for Western figures. If this fails, it will be hard for another one to succeed. If you're a fan of Westerns there is a drought of any kind of Western figures at all in the modern era. Only ones I can think of are the Neca Lone Ranger and Jonah Hex figures which were hit and miss. And maybe the stretch of including the 6" Penny Dreadful figures. Heart breaker if you're into it. I've been hoping for a series like this for years that was affordable enough to custom if I didn't see what I wanted, good quality, good poseability, ect but it looks like it's not happening.
>>
>>5996555

I really don't see it going any differently than it has so far.

They had the right idea to try and make sure it gets at least a base level of funding but they set the All In price a little too high, or the amount of base figures for all in too low. As it is now you could pledge less and get three Posse Packs for 15 figures each. For the All In they should have made it so you at least get 2x the basic 6 single carded figures, and then add on one of each for the stretch goals with an option for a small discount (10-20%) for any additional stretch goals to add on.
>>
>>5996541
Yeah their All-In logic was pretty deeply flawed. All-In is only a good deal if a shitload of goals get met. They set the goals so ridiculously high that I doubt they even hit the first one, given the entire thing doesn't go unsuccessfully into the dark.
>>
>>5996576
>They need a new facebook spokesperson because all the current one does is bitch that nobody is spending enough.

This too.

Alyosha (the guy who ran Broke Arrow Toys, or J Russel) is their Facebook guy. It's not a good look for the guy with the bad reputation with even just some collectors to be the spokesman who is bitching left and right that people aren't taking second mortgages to help fund their toys.
>>
>>5996582
Yes.

It's essentially $450 (before shipping) for six figures and a t shirt at $75 a figure, or $115 ($128 with shipping) for 5 figures at ~$25 a figure.

You could just get three Posse Packs ($115 pledge), and get 15 figures for ~$25 a piece. And it's almost $100 cheaper than all in ($384 for Posse pledge with shipping x 3).
>>
>>5996576
No kiddin'. Remember how, not too long ago, they were dangling Badlands Vigilante in front of people, demanding an "all-in" pledge to get him, and saying that they were only going to make enough only enough to match the all-in pledges, and even at all-in, you had to buy their double-pack all-in at $800 to get more than one?

Such arrogance, using hard-sell tactics to squeeze as much money out of people as possible, and forcing people to buy a lot of what they don't necessarily want just to get what they really do want.
>>
>>5996596
Which is ironic considering how much bitching has occurred over the last decade among Joe collecting forums about Hasbro doing the same thing when it comes to multipack figures.
>>
>>5996602
At least the price per figure is cheaper in multi packs than singles.
>>
>>5996596
Then on top of it they just went ahead and unlocked the Vigilante for everyone, because they realized it was one of the only "good" characters they have and there was a lot of demand for it.
That's great and all, if I get a posse pack I'll pick one up but that is some serious bullshit to the people that already went All-In!
If they want to know why all-in people are dropping....take a guess.
>>
>>5996576
Boss Fight was only for the sculpting. They have no other involvement including production or shipping. It's entirely on Broken Arrow Toys/Alyosha to get this done. SmallJoes is where they can be bought online once they're made, but Alyosha is the backbone of all of this.
>>
>>5996602
Pretty much every toyline does this.
>>
>>5996596
>>5997057
Unless something has changed in the last day, Vigilante still isn't available. They have "goals" to meet of 200 new backed pledged $100 or more before you can buy the $25 Vigilante.

Last update, they only had 25 done so far.
>>
>>5997067
Ah, I didn't realize that. I just saw the post on facebook mentioning that he was going to get unlocked as a real reward. They still have 2 weeks and some, I think that they will end up funding it but they really need to stop fucking around with the structure. These is the type of decisions they should have been making before opening the kickstarter because it only supports the idea it is mismanaged.
>>
They should have followed Marauders' lead and done all simple, generic guys and accessory packs. I probably would have bought a couple. But as is ill probably just wait until they actually come out.
>>
>>5997057
>>Then on top of it they just went ahead and unlocked the Vigilante for everyone, because they realized it was one of the only "good" characters they have and there was a lot of demand for it.

I think it's more a case of them dangling their most desirable figure as a very expensive carrot, hoping to push goats into "all-in", despite the poor value. By deliberately limiting BV's numbers and availability, they hoped it would drum up demand. That tactic clearly didn't work as planned.

When things got slow, very slow, they came to the conclusion that they had to unlock BV at a cheaper level, just to get pledges, any pledges (over $100).

The arbitrary 555 backers- I dunno- bragging rights? It shouldn't matter if it's 400 backers or 555, as long as they get to $135,000. Just utter stupidity.
>>
>>5996555
>mystery donor to pledge $10,000
You feel for this bull shit
>>
>>5997082
Like I said, mismanaged from the beginning.
>>
>>5997611
>You feel for this bull shit

Not him, but until proof is offered otherwise it's okay to assume that there is a non zero probability they are being truthful about that situation.

If I had the extra cash to throw away I'd buy enough All Ins to fund it up to the last stretch goal. But for me it's because it's really close to getting Firefly/Serenity in 1/18 form that isn't a "retro" Funko figure.
>>
This is making less and less sense every day. Last week, we were being led to believe that mystery donor will pledge $10,000, but only to match new all-ins. That isn't working, and the project has lost all-ins since. Now, in an effort to stop the anticipated bleeding when the all-ins bail, they want to offer 5 UNIQUE guaranteed figures to the all-ins.

Say what? So now, regardless of total amount of pledges, all of the extra mold tooling to produce:
Sharpshooter
Fire Brigadier
Cowpuncher
Man in Black
Unknown #5
can be done anyway? And the factory in China is happy to produce and paint very short-run figures using factory injection molding, like 145 or possibly 200 of them, instead of one thousand? Something's fishy. If they were able to get everything tooled and painted for $125,000, then why did they have such absurd unlock levels in the first place? Why don't they just flat out offer all of the figures? Isn't selling more figures to more people better than aggressively pushing all-in like they're doing?

Not unless... the extra parts are being made by some other method. 3D printing, or Alyosha needs to get back to his casting cave to produce the parts? Uh oh.
>>
pass the whisky
>>
File: mythic legion kicktraq.jpg (88KB, 954x285px) Image search: [Google]
mythic legion kicktraq.jpg
88KB, 954x285px
>>5996541
>>5995785
First time you guys joined a kickstarter?

People go in and out all the time during a funded phase, because they're going in and out all the time no matter what day it is. I've seen kickstarters that had negative numbers on some days, both in funds raised and amount of backers joined.

As long as a kickstarter is funded when it's hit its last days, people start shoving as much money into itas they can.
>>
File: Eagle-Force-Returns.jpg (90KB, 953x280px) Image search: [Google]
Eagle-Force-Returns.jpg
90KB, 953x280px
>>5998674
>4 Horsemen 2nd KS as an example
Bullshit much? Try Eagle Force, barely funded.
>>
File: boss fight hacks kickstarter.jpg (78KB, 940x268px) Image search: [Google]
boss fight hacks kickstarter.jpg
78KB, 940x268px
>>5998782
>eagle force
>after we already got MGR's stuff
Niches get filled

And really, im not a fan of GI Joe rip offs. Didn't even bother to get them when they were brand new in the 80s and didn't bother to get the kickstarter.

If you haven't noticed, a lot of those reboot lines have had problems. Power Lords. That Skeleton Warriors line. SWATkatz. and other shit that wasn't that popular even back in the day.

Something new, that does fill a niche that's wanted? Expect success.
>>
>>5998867
You're comparing CFT to BFS? Don't make me laugh. CFT are a few guys who don't have their act together. They started the campaign with ridiculously high hopes, priced their figures too high, did a hard-sell on an all-in that didn't deliver good value, dictated how people can buy their stuff with conditions galore, demanded that their Facebook followers needed to pledge, waved around Badlands Vigilante as their crown jewel to force people into all-in. That, plus the tainted reputation of one of their principals, and putting him in charge of their public face.

When the campaign started rightfully tanking, they reluctantly offered a Posse Pack, conjured up a mystery $10,000 donor, grudgingly allowed BV be sold w/o all-in, and now they're offering previously high-unlock figures to their all-ins. I'm sure I forgot a few.

The smartest thing they did was to offer the KP trooper, who is relatively close to a Civil War Union soldier.

The Scotch tape and airplane glue is showing. Their campaign is now a Frankenstein patchwork because nothing went as planned.
>>
>>5999525
oh geez dude.
Why do you act so butthurt?

Do you really only buy stuff from people who kiss your ass and make you feel good about yourself?
Who fucking cares about the stupid drama crap.
The guys are selling cowboy toys and they look good, and that's all you really should care about.
You act like a lot of companies on kickstarter don't use a carrot to pull the cart along, holding shit over their heads to put up more money. This is completely normal, even with the kickstarters you're saying were good/great/whatever.

I hope there aren't as many people as yourself who only buy shit based on on their feelings for the day.
Fuck damn.
They make cowboy figures. That's it. Support them if you want cowboy action figures made. Otherwise, we can go for decades, if ever, without them. Obviously, a lot of people think so too, which is why they hit their goal.
>>
>>5998867
>Something new, that does fill a niche that's wanted? Expect success.

Not if you have like twenty guys who want cowboy figures with the rest being Joe collectors who compulsively collect anything and everything who are willing to go into debt to do so.

They could really have expanded their audience if they wanted to draw in fans of Firefly or Red Dead Revolver, for example.

You're also ignoring the other factors which include Alyosha's reputation combined with his whining about people not giving enough (complete with advice to go into debt to do so) and the continued disorganization of the KS pledge levels.

They were stuck in a catch 22 though with the All Ins. They really had no choice but to bump up the guaranteed figure count to make it worth it if none of the stretch goals were met. I think they made the wrong choice though when they decided to offer exclusive figures regardless of whether those stretch goals were met. They could have just added extras of the already guaranteed singles to bring the price per figure down to $25 that the Posse level is.
>>
>>5999757
>The guys are selling cowboy toys and they look good, and that's all you really should care about.

You should care about if they will be delivered or not.

>You act like a lot of companies on kickstarter don't use a carrot to pull the cart along

They weren't. Alyosha aka JE Russel was attempting to use the stick. And it failed. So now they are trying to use the carrot they should have all along. I came away with the impression that they felt entitled to have their KS funded.

>I hope there aren't as many people as yourself who only buy shit based on on their feelings for the day.

I kicked in $115 because I want to get a few of them. That doesn't change that they've been shooting themselves in the feet for the last month.
>>
>>5999757
Hah hah, what's there to be butthurt about? I loves me a trainwreck and the incompetence of this KS is delivering daily giggles in spades.
>>
>>6000218
>They could really have expanded their audience
oh pffft. More stupid "i could do better than that" couch designers.
>You're also ignoring the other factors which include Alyosha's reputation
It seems most people are ignoring that too, hence it reaching it's goal. Or are people just more willing to forgive it since he's shown he can do better since 2012?

>>6000230
>You should care about if they will be delivered or not.
And i do. Hence me asking you guys to show me if he hasn't been reliable since his fuck ups pre-2012. Again, almost all complaints are from people holding grudges from way back when. Again, it sucks that he's an asshole, but why should i care if he's kept his rep clean since then?
>They weren't.
Oh please. People on /toy/ bitched about MGR, 4H, HACKS and I've seen bitching on otther kickstarters doing the same carrot on the stick hooks.
They purposely put better designs higher up the totem to make people give more money. Its just the way it is with just about everything.

>That doesn't change that they've been shooting themselves in the feet for the last month.
I may or may not agree, depending if they just lazily put the better/wanted designs for the next KS.

Honestly, i'd rather have more simple Kickstarters and having them produce things faster by releasing fewer products.
>>
>>6000444
>oh pffft. More stupid "i could do better than that" couch designers.

Yeah, any criticism of anyone is unwarranted. In fact, criticism as a concept should not exist. Everyone should just give everyone else the succ at all times.

>It seems most people are ignoring that too, hence it reaching it's goal.

Until it fails to hit the stretch goals and one of two things happen: They walk back the costs of the unique stretch goal characters they didn't meet at the last minute and All In backers back out or they lose a huge chunk of the funding towards those unmet Stretch Goals and decrease the chance any of it is going to see the light of day. And Alyosha's reputation would never have a chance in Hell of recovering from that.

>Again, it sucks that he's an asshole, but why should i care if he's kept his rep clean since then?

As far as I know his store has been down since 2012. Of course not everyone had a bad experience, but enough people did that it's an issue. But that alone isn't the issue, it's combined with his cry baby fits on Facebook whining about not getting enough pledges.

>same carrot on the stick hooks.
That's not how that saying goes.

It's "the carrot OR the stick" not "the carrot ON the stick". It implies that you are either motivated by the reward of the carrot OR the punishment of the stick.

Until the last two days when CFT has begun changing their All In items to try to guarantee a minimum value, which they stupidly did not do at the beginning and shouldn't have taken them 2/3rds of their entire KS to do, JE Russel has attempted to use "the stick", not "the carrot", to motive pledges.

The new developments (since I actually pledged money I get email updates every time they update) in the last few days are a shift towards actually using "the carrot" to motivate people to give money. It is yet to be seen if it's going to be too little too late.
>>
>>6000444
>I may or may not agree, depending if they just lazily put the better/wanted designs for the next KS.

Also, this was the original intent behind their KS design and why the All In option was the only option that would guarantee figures upon success.

It turns out people don't want to pay fucking $75 per figure for some generic cowboys and the fandom of Johnny West and generic cowboy toys wasn't near enough to support that fuckery.

I was immediately into them as soon as I saw the original designs alongside the other BFS designed concept art. Then I found out who was doing it, their past reputation, and that they bungled the shit out of the KS out of the gate by expecting people to be willing to gamble on paying almost a hundred fucking dollars per 1/18 scale action figure.
>>
>>6000611
> any criticism of anyone is unwarranted
Oh please.
What I'm saying is that you're looking it at a consumer perspective and only want to get exactly what you want without jumping through the hoops companies make to make a profit.
In order for them to make money, or maximize production, they have to go through certain steps to afford producing what they make. It's like when they make BAFs and spread the cost of a big figure by making you buy 5 other ones to build it.
Or making an oversized figure while taking away accessories from other figures to keep it within a budget.
It's a very simple concept.

Or in this case, it's simply the designers making what they themselves like. Not everyone is into video games like that guy, so why should they make exactly what he wants? Their kickstarter proves that their way is just fine.
>Until it fails to hit the stretch goals and one of two things happen
See, it's this kind of shit that makes you just sound like a little bitch. The kickstarter isn't over yet and you're assuming the worst. It's actually ahead of other kickstarters that were liked here, so i don't get how you can assume shit like this.
Oh right, if they're not doing it YOUR way, it must be doooomed, huh?

>That's not how that saying goes.
Whatever dude. It's a typo. Notice i have hook at the end, which means "carrot on a hook". lrn2context.
>Until the last two days...
A lot of kickstarters undergo changes. the HACKS one was pretty famous for it too.

>>6000619
uh, i actually want the lazy approach. Like i said, the fewer shit they have to produce, the sooner things are made. I can wait a pretty long time to get exactly what i want, as long as i know I'll get it. A successful kickstarer only bodes well for that.
>>
>>5996541
>Because even if you don't like 1/18 Western stuff it's good parts and figures for Firefly/Serenity customs.
I decided not to back it, but it seems like it'd be a great resource to make western characters and archetypes people actually like as opposed to romance novel characters
>>
>>6000611

>It's "the carrot OR the stick" not "the carrot ON the stick". It implies that you are either motivated by the reward of the carrot OR the punishment of the stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_and_stick
>>
wtf is happening, why is he publicly blasting that dude for pasting together a photo..
>>
>>6003991
Link? What's happening?
>>
>>6003991
hes not
>>
>>5997060
>Alyosha is the backbone of all of this.

Yeah, yall are fucked
>>
>>5999757
>Alyosha
hes a piece of shit and remember hes got your addresses so if he stopped communicating with you for not giving you your money back don't expect getting anything here. I'm sitting back with the popcorn.
>>
>>Alyosha
God, there's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time. What has that little turdnugget been up to lately?
>>
Putting aside Alyosha's involvement I've been trying to figure out exactly why I'm so disinterested in this line. I think it's because it's so fucking bland and sterile. I mean I get that's what they were going for, even the name "Dime-Novel Legends" reeks of retro Old-West tropes, but in an age where the trend tends towards the grittier stuff like Unforgiven, Deadwood, etc. it reeks of Disney's Lone Ranger. I'm sure they could have figured out a way to give us railroad workers, opium dealers, aspiring oil barons, or even "not Colonel Sanders" but instead it looks like a bunch of background characters from an old black-and-white show where the natives were played by white people. It's the sort of thing you might expect to find in a tourist trap gift shop.
>>
>>6008387
You hit the nail on the head, they're completely ignoring actual fans of westerns by keeping it so romance-novely
>>
File: burton g.png (327KB, 656x272px) Image search: [Google]
burton g.png
327KB, 656x272px
>>6008739
>actual fans of westerns
You were born too late and missed out when the western genre was huge pre-90s.
I think bookstores still had a western section until the 90s, so you probably don't remember as you weren't born yet.
Now all you kids care about are edgy stuff.
>>
>>6008763
>when the western genre was huge pre-90s.

It's called the 1960's. The genre was in death throes by the early 70's and Heaven's Gate was the last nail in the coffin up until the 90's.
>>
File: Adventures of Brisco County Jr.jpg (7KB, 124x186px) Image search: [Google]
Adventures of Brisco County Jr.jpg
7KB, 124x186px
>>6008821
> Heaven's Gate was the last nail in the coffin up until the 90's.
In movies, maybe.

On TV and novels? Kept on trodding along until it kinda sputtered and spitting into the late 90s and dribbled into the 00s, with almost no presence at all.
Syndication and cable needing time spots to fill in ensured i sure as fuck knew all of what was popular pre-80s for decades. And people were watching this stuff, since so many channels were still showing it.
That did drop off in the late 90s though, so even the general public got sick of it by then.
>>
>>5995286
>now what?

Panic Memebook post about funding because Alyosha thinks there is a real chance that more All In backers will leave in the last 24 hours because of a lack of momentum. Apparently, even though funding as kept about even and the first stretch goal was hit, they've been losing All In backers steadily, either down grading their pledges or backing out entirely. It just happens that the slack was picked up by gaining more pledges at lower levels.
>>
File: kicktraq DNL.jpg (156KB, 937x546px) Image search: [Google]
kicktraq DNL.jpg
156KB, 937x546px
>>6013353
looks healthy to me
>>
File: image.png (150KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
150KB, 640x1136px
>>5998136
Saw this on Bossfight lol
>>
File: image.png (165KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
165KB, 640x1136px
>>6013418
>bullshit management/10
>>
>>6013418
Posted this I mean, I just can't work out his plan, so odd
>>
>>6013420
>>6013418
so they basically made unlockable figures into a kickstarter exclusive for a specific tier?
I don't see a problem with that.
>>
>>6013418
>>6013420
pure bullshit, this don't make sense at all, like this anon said before >>5998136
>And the factory in China is happy to produce and paint very short-run figures using factory injection molding, like 145 or possibly 200 of them, instead of one thousand? Something's fishy
>>
My guess is the base funding goal is actually enough to cover some of the stretch goals. They only added them as stretch goals to entice people to contribute more which would make them a profit.
>>
>>6013477
Probably.

I really hate how people think that a kickstarter only literally pays for the tooling and molding, etc, like they're not a business producing stuff to make money.
They probably took shit from their own pay to produce the now-exclusives-until-actually-unlocked.

There's always a lot of leeway when it comes to pricing shit for a kickstarter, otherwise, you're fucking dumb to not prepare for the worst.
Of course, if they use that buffer money and something does go wrong...
>>
>>6013500
That is the thing, they told us $375k was needed to unlock Head Honcho, but now they are telling us 125 is enough to cover all the production, that means their expected profits were $250k.
>>
>>6013361
I didn't say it was currently unfunded.

I pointed out what JE Russel AKA Alyosha AKA Chicken Fried Toys posted on Facebook to the CFT/DNL group.

It was essentially lambasting people who liked the group but hadn't pledged, and explicit concern of potentially becoming unfunded due to All In backers leaving anymore than they already had. And his concern was that this would happen because of a lack of momentum.
>>
>>6013451
>so they basically made unlockable figures into a kickstarter exclusive for a specific tier?
>I don't see a problem with that.

>We have to make X+1 dollars to be able to pay to have these extra figures made!

>Well, not really, we can do it with X dollars but just for certain people in a super small run that totally won't take money away from the base line.

Looks fine to me.
>>
File: KS-Sir-Valgard-sm.jpg (255KB, 752x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KS-Sir-Valgard-sm.jpg
255KB, 752x1200px
>>6014314
>>6013713
You guys don't seem to understand that they're taking money away from some other thing (buffer money, the money they pay themselves, etc) to produce the extra figures.

So they're making it a kickstarter exclusive by doing that.
It's no different than other kickstarters who produce something for the kickstarter only and usually only for those who pay for the exclusive, which usually aren't included in regular tiers.
>>
lol. I might have actually bought some of those locked figures (since they're apparently tooling and producing them anyway) but since they're only being made available to all-in backers that's just less money they're going to get.

And since they're being produced in partnership with SmallJoes I'm guessing they'll be available on their site at a small premium anyway.

This whole Kickstarter is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>6014500
>You guys don't seem to understand

I understand exactly what Alyosha is claiming.

I'm saying it's an added point for potential failure.

I hope it doesn't, I've backed DNL and I want those figures. But I'm not so up my own ass in wanting them that I'm going to be unrealistic about how the KS has been handled since day one.
>>
>>5998782
>>5998867
Oh look, I was right that it would barely get funded. This thing was a disaster from start to finish. Congrats on giving Alyosha money for things you'll probably won't see.
>>
>>6017699
> I was right that it would barely get funded
>made more money in two days than you do in a year
>25% over is barely
Someone sure sounds bitter enough to not use words correctly
>>
>>6017766
>made more money in two days than you do in a year
you sound bitter too. I'm another guy by the way
>>
>>6017800
bitter about what?
That some nobody on /toy/ wanted a kickstarter to fail because he dislikes a certain guy in a team of toy makers launching a cowboy toyline?
>>
>>6017825
That some nobody on /toy/ can't see past blind fanboyism that this was destined to do meh.
>>
>>6017844
>fanboyism about a generic cowboy toyblind
or
>fanboyism over some guy within a team i dont even know or heard about until this thread
... yeah, okay, I'm bitter that a couple of bitter people on /toy/ are bitter that a kickstarter for cowboys made by that guy succeeded.
>>
>>6017825
>team
There are two people.
>>
Was going to buy one to make a Doc Holliday custom but it would probably be more work than I'm willing to put on it.
>>
>>6017825
>a certain guy in a team of toy makers

>a team of toy makers

No.

One guy is an attorney who really likes Old West toys, one (Alyosha) used to make and sell cast accessories and parts, and one runs a store.

I think you're conflating Boss Fight Studios helping with the design of the figures with BFS being involved beyond any contracted design work.

Alyosha, the guy with the bad rep and the one who has been bitching and moaning as the public face of CFT and DNL, is the only one who is even close to a "toy maker" involved with Chicken Fried Toys LLC.

I backed this at the posse level and for a set of the guns because I really like what they're going for with the figures.

But let's be frank here: anyone who backed this is taking a significant risk of never seeing their money due to many points of failure between Funding and Delivery.
>>
>>6018065
>anyone who backed this is taking a significant risk of never seeing their money due to many points of failure between Funding and Delivery.
because of what happened 3-4 years ago?

Anything happen since then? What's the guy's actual job?
>>
>>5995286
I really want a native American figure. I know ppl mat view it as racist but that cowboy vs Indian stories are cool
>>
>>6018142
His job is casting.
>>
>>6018142
>because of what happened 3-4 years ago?

His reputation is one of those points of risk, yes. Not as significant as it could be because he's also placing the reputation of the guy who runs Smalljoes.com and is involved in Yojoe.com on the line.

Another point of failure is going to be the expensive really small runs of the Stretch Goals that weren't unlocked being made for the All In backers.

Another is going to be selling any leftover stock at retail. What do they price it at? I paid ~$25 per figure by going in for $115 pledge. The All In backers paid ~$37 per figure.

So what do they set as the retail price? I don't see very many people grabbing a lot of these at $40 a piece. And any lower than that you're going to lose some good will from All In backers because they could have just waited and bought at a lower price.

Kickstarter doesn't guarantee delivery of a product so you should always treat your pledge like a gamble, but people don't think of it as an investment but as a pre-order. Because that's how humans work. If JE Russel and Corey Stinson thought the line was a great idea and just needed investors (which is how Russel aka Alyosha has framed it, and is part of the reason why they tried to push all pledges towards All In without guaranteeing a base level of value) they should have gone to a single investor to loan them the $125K.
>>
>>6018543
>also placing the reputation of the guy who runs Smalljoes.com
So did they cut production numbers right? That means this guy won't sell them like he said he was.
>>
>>6018565
>So did they cut production numbers right?

They had to go with smaller runs for any of the stretch goal figures that weren't unlocked to fulfill the All In and the $800 pledges.

>That means this guy won't sell them like he said he was.

I don't think it's the size of the runs that's going to stop Corey from doing it, but the price question.

I've seen him get some criticism on forums about how he does pricing already (jacks up the price of desirable figures to encourage people buying complete cases), so I don't know how he's going to sell these and not piss off anyone who would probably buy them.

If he goes too high the people who waited to see if it would happen aren't going to buy in high enough numbers, if he goes too low he (as part of Chicken Fried Toys LLC) loses good will with the backers.

And I have a feeling they won't learn their lesson on this RE: people don't want to pay 40 fuckin dollars for a 1/18 cowboy action figure with a gun and a knife. Which was why they had a problem directing people to their All In in the first place (which was originally at $75 a figure if no stretch goals were unlocked, now at $37 a figure while the other pledge levels are about $25 a figure).

By being disorganized and scrambling to fix it in the short term I think they've created a long term problem with pricing.
>>
>>6018880
Corey isn't involved though. He's just another backers, albeit for a lot more figures. He can sell them for what ever he wishes without input from CFT.
>>
>>6019228
>Corey isn't involved though. He's just another backers

>Chicken Fried Toys© is Paul Mundheim, John Russell and Corey Stinson, lifelong action figure collecting enthusiasts.

Straight from the KS page. The KS is in partnership with SmallJoes.com as the retail front.
>>
>>6019389
That's like saying TRU is involved in GI Joe. They made a deal to be a retail outlet. They aren't involved in the creation of the product or are part of the team creating it.
>>
>>6018543
>His reputation is one of those points of risk, yes.
Yet, according to everyone who complains, it only happened 3-4 years ago and his rep hasbeen clean ever since. apparently, his real job is just casting as this guy mentioned >>6018155 so he must have kept it on the up and up since then.

>Another is going to be selling any leftover stock at retail.
$25 sounds good though. The others are kickstarter exclusives, right?
The rest of your post is overcomplicating shit just to overcomplicate it.

>a single investor to loan them the $125K.
Kickstarter exists because of banks and others not willing to invest in shit. Even estabalished companies like 4H couldn't get their loan, because they were considered too risky, hence going to Kickstarter.

Seriously, you need to think gooder instead of trying to think of ways to make it seem negative.
>>
>>6019550
And you keep defending the scumbag
>>
>>6019550
>Yet, according to everyone who complains, it only happened 3-4 years ago and his rep hasbeen clean ever since.

That's not what I see on the forums that require you to register and have your posts accountable. There are plenty of people who were burned by him that were vocal about it on JoeCustoms and HissTank when it came out Alyosha was one of the main people behind it.

>$25 sounds good though.

And now you've lost good will with anyone who went into the KS and paid more than $25 per figure. Which is the All In pledges, or at least the ones they didn't lose going into the last days.

>The others are kickstarter exclusives, right?
No. John Russell aka Alyosha has said quite a few times on the Facebook group that the plan was for all of them to be made and available to buy after the KS even if they have to run a second KS to get the Stretch Goals made.

They are only "exclusives" in that if the stretch goals weren't met only the All Ins would get them from the campaign. They may be doing a smaller run of the stretch goals which weren't unlocked, but there's no way they're getting a Chinese factory to do a run of 200 each. So the run may be smaller but they will have many left over.

>because they were considered too risky, hence going to Kickstarter.

Then they need to accept that the way the human mind overwhelmingly sees crowd funding is not as an investment vehicle but as a solicitation of pre-orders.

>Seriously, you need to think gooder instead of trying to think of ways to make it seem negative.

Jesus dude how invested in CFT are you? Did you get an All In or the $800 pledge? Or are you John?

Because this isn't even defending against unwarranted criticism at this point.

>>6019432
>That's like saying TRU is involved in GI Joe.

No, it's like saying TRU is involved in GI Joe because the owner of TRU is one of the founding members of Hasbro.

According to the KS page

>Chicken Fried Toys© is Paul Mundheim, John Russell and Corey Stinson
>>
>>6019839
>That's not what I see on the forums
As far as i can tell, every single one of those is complaining about what happened 3-4 years ago. They're not bringing anything new up, just posting about their experience from 3-4 years ago.
>Which is the All In pledges
These people are paying for exclusives, not the $25 figures you can pick and choose. Are the retail stores going to be selling the exclusives or something?
>They may be doing a smaller run of the stretch goals which weren't unlocked
Oh, okay, so people are paying more for exclusives made in limited quantities?
And what's the problem here?
>Then they need to accept that the way the human mind overwhelmingly sees crowd funding is not as an investment vehicle but as a solicitation of pre-orders.
no shit? This is what kickstarter is. Rewards aren't mandatory.
>Jesus dude how invested in CFT are you?
Very little. I picked and chose what i wanted. You just sound retarded because you have a vendetta, so you're trying to overcomplicate things, and i have a problem with that.

>>6019748
I'm not defending anyone. I'm just poking holes in a bitter person's argument.
>>
>>6020135
>They're not bringing anything new up
AFAIK he hasn't taken orders since he tanked his reputation. So there aren't new orders to fuck up.

>These people are paying for exclusives
No, they aren't. They were paying for the chance to have them if the stretch goals weren't meant. If the stretch goals were met everyone could buy them. In fact two stretch goals were met: The Lone Ranger expy and the Sharpshooter. For the former you have to have pledged more than $100.

>Are the retail stores going to be selling the exclusives or something?

Yes. According to John Russel aka Alyosha aka the face of CFT the original plan has never been to have KS exclusives but to fund the entire line to get it to retail at SmallJoes.

They pulled together the Lone Ranger clone to try and get people to go All In. Then when that didn't work they kept making changes to the pledge scheme.

>Oh, okay, so people are paying more for exclusives made in limited quantities?

Again, you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. The original plan was not to have exclusives. The plan was for the entire line to make it to retail. The original All In was to get one of each of the base figures of the line which were not stretch goals at ~$80 a piece if non of the stretch goals were unlocked.

>This is what kickstarter is. Rewards aren't mandatory.

And neither are pledges.

>You just sound retarded because you have a vendetta, so you're trying to overcomplicate things,

I don't have a vendetta you idiot, I pledged $150 to them.

> and i have a problem with that.

Because you're a autistic who can't deal with someone criticizing something you like, and in reality, the critic likes as well.

>I'm just poking holes in a bitter person's argument.

1. You haven't poked any holes.

2. I gave them money, when the backerkit comes online in two weeks I'll choose where my money goes, how does that make me bitter?

Pointing out areas that are potential trouble isn't being bitter.
>>
>>6020365
>AFAIK he hasn't taken orders since he tanked his reputation
So what has he been doing for the past 3-4 years then? That guy said his actual job is casting, but apparently you know better?
>If the stretch goals
>if
So they're an all in exclusive, huh?

>to fund the entire line to get it to retail at SmallJoes.
... isn't this the point of all kickstarters?
>The original plan was not to have exclusives.
So the stretch goals will be sold to non-KS-All-Inners then? How much? How many? You even said that they cut the production numbers, now they haven't? Wut?
> neither are pledges.
You're seriously being retarded.
>someone criticizing something
Nah, you're not criticizing shit. You're just making things up. You make halfassed guesses and don't bother to clarify what you say. You don't fucking even know the point of kickstarter.
>how does that make me bitter?
Because of your halfassed guesses and spinning normal things as bad.
>>
>>6019839
>According to the KS page
>Chicken Fried Toys© is Paul Mundheim, John Russell and Corey Stinson
That mus have changed since I talked to John earlier in the year.
>>
>>6021459
>but apparently you know better?
Who says that other anon knows better. How much volume do you think Alyosha would have to deal in to make a living on casting? Because it wouldn't be casting by hand in small batches using a pressure caster.

>So they're an all in exclusive, huh?

Lol you still can't read.

>... isn't this the point of all kickstarters?

Stop being disingenuous you cunt. Some kickstarters offer KS exclusives that will never be available outside of the KS campaign. This is not what happened here.

>So the stretch goals will be sold to non-KS-All-Inners then?

Yes. How many times does it have to be said that straight from the mouth of JE Alyosha Russell himself that they intend for all of the announced figures to see retail.

>How much? How many?

That's the question we've been discussing you fucking dunce.

>You even said that they cut the production numbers,

Yes.

>now they haven't? Wut?

You're either retarded or being obtuse on purpose. The production run will be smaller. But they will have to order a certain amount that will not be custom to fill ONLY the All In and $800 pledges. There is no way, unless they themselves were to create the molds and do the manufacturing in Alyosha's garage, they would get the exact amount they need to fill the KS pledges.

>You're just making things up.

Lol you're welcome to dig through the Dime Novel Legends/Chicken Fried Toys Facebook group for everything JE Russell has said.

> You make halfassed guesses

If I'm making half-assed guesses what the fuck are you doing? Because you haven't said anything of substance and you seem to know somewhere between jack and shit about this KS or toy manufacturing in general.

>and don't bother to clarify what you say.

You not understanding what I'm typing isn't the same thing as me being opaque in what I'm saying.

>Because of your halfassed guesses and spinning normal things as bad.

Lol so criticism causes you to sperg out. Just like I said before.
>>
>>6022574
>Who says that other anon knows better. How much volume do you think Alyosha would have to deal in to make a living on casting? Because it wouldn't be casting by hand in small batches using a pressure caster.
Because I know him. And one pressure cooker can hold hundreds of parts and set in just hours.
>>
>>6022574
>Who says that other anon knows better.
Considering how much you guys obsess about him, i assume someone knows how he's able to live and support himself. And that other guy confirms he's obviously making money since 2012 with nary a complaint.
>Lol you still can't read.
I can read just fine, but oyu keep backing up and claiming other shit, just to fit your negative stance. One moment it's about them producing more limited quantities and then it's about how it went back to the original plan. Either they're making limited quantities, which increases the costs, or they're being made en mass just like the normal figures. Which is it?
>If I'm making half-assed guesses what the fuck are you doing
Not making half assed guesses and only questioning the bullshit you keep on making.
>>
>>6023186
>I can read just fine

Apparently you can't.
>>
>>6023186
>One moment it's about them producing more limited quantities and then it's about how it went back to the original plan.

Lol wait, are you incapable of abstract thought?

How did a chimpanzee learn to type?

Let me break it down Barney style for you friend:

Hypothetically the original intention was to order 3000 of each stretch goal funded.

However not all the stretch goals funded, and with the All In pledges and $800 pledges, they "sold" 209 of each of the still locked stretch goals.

They cannot go to the factory in China and say "I only need 209 of these figures". Much more likely they'd have to order 1,000 of each instead of the original 3,000 (remember numbers are hypothetical).

1,000 - 209 = 791 of each stretch goal figure left after everything from the campaign is sent out. And they have to sell those or it's money on the table.
>>
>>6023186
>>One moment it's about them producing more limited quantities and then it's about how it went back to the original plan.
Holly shit Nigga, You Just Went Full Retard
>>
File: jlglo1.jpg (44KB, 170x255px) Image search: [Google]
jlglo1.jpg
44KB, 170x255px
>>6023406
>all dat half assed guessing
You do know that they can produce at the 100s, right?
It's more expensive to do what you're saying than to just produce what they need.

i guess you can't believe that and bullshit just to fit your narrative.
So nope, instead of them footing the bill with the those who agreed to buy into the tier required, you expect them to pay more?
Stop being dumb.

So which is it, limited numbers or pretending they're going to produce mass?
Might as well believe they're going to produce mass numbers, because at least that will go along with the bullshit you're trying to spout.
>>
>>6023740
>You do know that they can produce at the 100s, right?
>It's more expensive to do what you're saying than to just produce what they need.

No you dummy, it's more expensive per unit to produce less. And a factory is going to have a minimum order.

Just stop already you retard.
>>
>>6023946
>No you dummy, it's more expensive per unit to produce less
But that's what I've been saying
>so people are paying more for exclusives made in limited quantities?
>Either they're making limited quantities, which increases the costs
Over and over, in multiple ways.
Learn to read.
You've been deriding the All In tier because the figures cost too much and guess what? They know what they're paying for for the unlocked tier figures. No shit will it cost more and to not expect that would be stupid.

>And a factory is going to have a minimum order.
Don't know the story behind that GL figure? They only produced a hundred, with about 40 actually being made for their team. You can find other exclusives being made in the 100s all the time at conventions.
So making an educated guess based on a dozen toy companies, a hundred would be the minimum order... if such a thing even exists from the factory they're producing stuff from.
>>
>>6024107
>Don't know the story behind that GL figure?

Mattell is going to have a lot more leverage to negotiate an under MOQ order than Chicken Fried Toys LLC.
>>
>>6024236
Yet 4H also was able to produce only hundreds, same with Takara, Ori Toys, and many other companies who have done exclusives in small batches.
Again, it does show that it is possible to have small limited number.
>>
>>6024107
>So making an educated guess based on a dozen toy companies, a hundred would be the minimum order.
>educated guess
That is what I call a half assed guessing
>>
>>6024391
>proof toy companies can order figures in low numbers
>not an informed way of forming a guess
So what would be an educated guess to you?
>>
>>6024290
>Yet 4H also was able to produce only hundreds

>hundreds

That's not 100.

>>6024430
>So what would be an educated guess to you?

Not that because beyond the one example you gave, toy companies tend not to release the MOQ they are quoted by factories.
>>
>>6024430
You don't know jack shit about how many figures were made in reality.

Exclusives are usually limited to 1k not 100s, 500 is the minimum I ever saw for articulated figures, Oritoys small limited number was 700 3-packs of the same figure, 2100 soldiers in total, the commander was 1500, the AMM trooper, 800.
>>
>>6024547
>That's not 100.
dat goal post movement
I thought we were being abstract and being specific, because the point has been the fact that they can produce the toys in more limited numbers than the ones meant to be sold for a lot less and in larger quantities.

>beyond the one example
So how does Takara, Ori Toys, 3a, Bandai, 4H and others not count as examples? They released stuff that had 50-300 figures only produced.

>toy companies tend not to release the MOQ they are quoted by factories
Sure, in interviews, but employees talk anyway. 4H themselves talked about the numbers for their cows long ago.

And you're mistaken, it's the costs and prices that they don't like to repeat... in public. Again, employees/bosses will talk among themselves and friends about it.
>>
File: Bandai-CC15-Metallic-Doraemon.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Bandai-CC15-Metallic-Doraemon.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
>>6024567
You obviously don't pay attention if you don't know about toys being produced in limited numbers.
300 of these were produced
4H's cows were 250
Ori's Laurel and some other one had 400 and less.
3a routinely does very limited numbers.
>>
>>6024587
>because the point has been the fact that they can produce the toys in more limited numbers than the ones meant to be sold for a lot less and in larger quantities.

Lol that's not even close to what CFT is doing.

You keep ignoring that CFT did not intend for these figures to be limited edition exclusives. Russell said it from day one.

>>6024596
So let's go with the 300 number.

What does Chicken Fried Toys LLC doe with the extra 91 of each of the stretch goal figures they have left after pledges are filled?
>>
>>6024664
How dumb are you?
Here's what you or someone else said about it
>>>6018880 >They had to go with smaller runs for any of the stretch goal figures that weren't unlocked to fulfill the All In and the $800 pledges.
It doesn't matter if its not their intention, producing limited numbers is going to make them cost more.
>What does Chicken Fried Toys LLC doe with the extra 91 of each of the stretch goal figures they have left after pledges are filled?
Sell them? And how much is that going to cost? Here's what you had to say about it
>people don't want to pay 40 fuckin dollars for a 1/18 cowboy action figure with a gun and a knife.
Yet people paid up anyway by going All In and the cost is being covered by whatever buffer money they have.
So what's the problem? If the extras never sell for $40, it doesn't matter, because they already took into account their production.
>>
As someone who does action figure production I can tell you the MOQ will always be between 1000 and 3000. You can order less than that if you want, but you will still be paying the same price as ordering the minimum.

For example, if the MOQ is 1000 figures at $4 each for a total of $4000. If you only want 100 figures you are still paying the $4000. Not $4 each (for a total of $400) or a slightly increased per figure cost like you would see going from say 2000 figures to 1000 figures which would probably only be a 50 cent increase.
>>
>>6025731
That's not taking into account the fact that these are mostly redecos and retools.
>>
>>6025805
Yes it does. As soon as you swap parts and colors it is considered a new figure.
>>
>>6025831
Doesn't make sense, because if true, why would tiny companies like 4H limit variants to just 250?
Do they really save that much from shipping fewer?
There has to be a cost saving somewhere, because tooling is a bitch.
>>
>>6025849
Exclusivity tag
>>
>>6025849
Tooling cost is outside of the actual production cost. Tooling is a one time cost set at a specific price before production starts. Tooling is also the most expensive part of the entire process. So if the tooling is already built for the main project then you don't need to factor that into the figure production for your exclusives. And figure production without factoring the tooling in only comes out to a few dollars per figure. So a short run or say 250 would still only be about $10 a figure to produce.
>>
File: mino1.jpg (171KB, 1250x666px) Image search: [Google]
mino1.jpg
171KB, 1250x666px
>>6025898
Yeah, but where's the savings if they're making tools for those extra figures?
4H didn't past the cost to us for these and they were sold by a third party too.
>>
>>6024870
>Yet people paid up anyway by going All In
And DNL lost All In pledges throughout the entire campaign when it looked like the stretch goals weren't going to be unlocked.

>So what's the problem?

Money left on the table you dingus.
>>
File: Perlmutter.jpg (18KB, 460x262px) Image search: [Google]
Perlmutter.jpg
18KB, 460x262px
>>6025921
So your whining about the line is that they could have made more money?
WTF?
Are you a stereotype?

Also, i'm not sure i get the all in tiers. Are there really 4 of them with over a hundred people getting them?
>>
>>6025921
that $10k backer also dropped out at the end
>>
>>6026013
Can you at least stay consistent with your retarded bullshit.

>Also, i'm not sure i get the all in tiers.

By your posts it's pretty clear you don't get anything here.
>>
>>6026013
>So your whining about the line is that they could have made more money?

No, I'm telling you that they aren't going to just let leftover figures from the MOQ sit in stock.

That's literally what I mean by money being left on the table. It's a pretty common turn of phrase.

That's why I brought up the potential to lose the faith of DNL backers who paid more per figure if they go for a lower price point after the campaign. And that they have put themselves between a rock and a hard place with post campaign pricing: too low and they lose faith with their original backers, too high and they don't make additional sales.

Again, you can discuss and criticize something without being "bitter", a "hater", saying it's complete shit etc. That you don't seem to understand that concept leads me to believe you are actually IRL autistic.
>>
>>6026099
>That's literally what I mean by money being left on the table. It's a pretty common turn of phrase.
No shit? Again, you're complaining that they're not making as much money as they could have. That's pretty retarded, unless you're some stock holder or what??

>That's why I brought up the potential to lose the faith of DNL backers who paid more per figure if they go for a lower price point after the campaign.
Wow! It's like i haven't been saying you're making half assed guesses and you trying to make it as negative as possible. You totally don't sound bitter doing this.

>they don't make additional sales.
That's their problem then. Why the fuck do you care? Seriously?
Are you just upset because an unlocked figure is out of your price range?

>>6026094
Explain it then. They both sets of tiers cost the same and both seemingly promise the same thing, yet have different numbers. From my understanding, it seems like they made two extra tiers to explain the locked stretch goals being unlocked for them
>>
>>6026154
Yes or no: are you autistic?
>>
>>6025731
This. MOQ is one of those elemental things you learn in my design school, factories always have a minimum quote, and the minimum quote with chinese factories is the equivalent to the production of 500 or 1000 units (the production of a day), preparing, calibrating and testing the machines and lines of production need time and work, and represent a big fraction of the total cost you pay, specially in small runs, materials only represent a small fraction, doesn't matter if you order 1 or 200 units, if the number is below the MOQ they will charge you always the minimum or close enough. So in small runs cost almost the same to produce 209 than 500 or 1000 units.
>>
>>6028146
Here's the thing though.
We already know that companies like Mattel and tiny ones like 4H were able to produce in smaller numbers than what you're pretending to know.
Bandai and 3A also produce in smaller numbers as well, same with Ori Toys, and that's without increasing the price (much).

Even if it's 300 minimum, its still pretty expensive per figure.

But what does this matter? Oh right, that guy who's been criticizing the line has only been criticizing the fact they're not making as much money as they should, like he's a stockholder or the guy's mom who gave him a loan.
>>
>>6028156
>We already know that companies like Mattel and tiny ones like 4H were able to produce in smaller numbers than what you're pretending to know.

Again, are you autistic?

That anon pretty clearly explained how companies can pay for smaller production runs for whatever reason they want to (Special Edition, Exclusive, gift to employees etc.).

>has only been criticizing the fact

Oh it's facts now? I thought I was just huehuebitter.

And you didn't even get what was being discussed correct.

So answer this
>>6026913
please.
>>
>>6025916
One tool can fit quite a few parts. They could combine all the extra new parts from different figures onto one mold. They may also be willing to take a loss or no profit to provide something special for their customers. Limited editions and exclusives were never meant to be big money makers. They are a way for a company to build a customer base.
>>
>>6028341
Read gooder.
Again, Mattel made ONE HUNDRED GLs to give to a team of 40 employees. Why make so many if they weren't going to sell them? Why not just make 40 or even 50 and save on the shipping?

Use your brain here instead of believing some random anonymous person on the internet, who even if is telling the truth, his experience will outdoubtedly be different because factories can and do have different minimum production numbers.
Again, 4H had similar overruns (some odd number under 300, likely because of errors, per minotaur) and it's likely the same shit for other toys that have under a thousand made.

> I thought I was just huehuebitter.
Who says it can only be one thing?
Criticizing their money making ability, all because you wanted a locked tier but can't afford it is very bitter sounding.

BTW, are you the same guy that was crying that their kickstarter wasn't going to be a success for not having their shit together (almost normal for all kickstarters), which you moved the goal post to being as successfully shipped, and then said 1:18 will make anything successful because those collectors will buy any ol crap?
Such bitterness.

>>6028880
Yeah, but why only 250? Pretty odd number, especially when you consider other exclusives had more numbers produced. For a small company, it's likely just based on the happy medium between minimum orders, what stores wanted, and a profit.
>>
>>6029194
>Criticizing their money making ability
I'm not criticizing their money making ability.

>all because you wanted a locked tier but can't afford it is very bitter sounding.

This is some pro level conjecture. I'm happy with what money I put into DNL, and I'm planning on adding more to get the figures I want.

That doesn't mean I can't look at their KS campaign and point out the disorganization and the potential problem they created in the future (pricing) by solving the issue of giving All In pledges a minimum guaranteed value. Nor does that mean I can't point out the problem with JE Alyosha Russel whining and bitching at people on Memebook.

>BTW, are you the same guy
Are you the same autist who can't handle that someone may level criticism at something that both you and the critic like? The same autist who couldn't understand that there is room for nuanced criticism and discussion between "I'm so in love with this!" and "This is complete shit that shouldn't exist!"? The same autist that has consistently mischaracterized anything any anon here who doesn't agree with you has said?

Because that entire shitty run on sentence is a mischaracterization of the criticisms leveled at Chicken Fried Toys and the DNL KS.
>>
>>6029253
>I'm not criticizing their money making ability.
> too high and they don't make additional sales.
>And they have to sell those or it's money on the table.
I'd go on, but I'm being lazy and if you're not criticizing their money making ability, it's just proof you're just bitching just to bitch.
I mean, shit, even within your current post you're bitching about their ability to make money
>the potential problem they created in the future (pricing)
It's fucking everywhere.

>Are you the same autist who can't handle that someone may level criticism at something that both you and the critic like?
I'm handling it just fine, but your logic is nonsensical, where you're just bitching just to bitch. I'm trying to get an idea of what your actual criticism is, but each time you just move the goal post and pretend it's about something else which you don't even say.
>>
>>6029272
At this point I can only conclude that you're trolling. You're not addressing any points directly and instead cut and paste parts of the post you're responding to so that you can mischaracterize what other anons are posting. You've done nothing but sling insults and brow beat. You've not addressed any single thing that's been discussed here without heavily editing it to fit what you want to argue against. And even when anons reply to restate their point, you just dismiss it as them moving the goal posts or not being clear.

Here are irrefutable clear points for you:

1. The DNL KS was disorganized, and played catch up the entire time. This is not a case of them getting into the stride of things. They very clearly had a plan from the outset which they had to change when reality hit and they weren't getting anywhere near enough money.

2. Alyosha had a bad reputation, regardless of what the people who sided with him say. There are always two sides, but that some friends of his exist or customers who weren't burned exist doesn't erase him tanking his reputation

3. He bitched and moaned on the official company Facebook page

4. He, a lawyer who collects toys, and Corey Stinson are "the team", not a "team of toymakers" as you tried to assert

5. They attempted to stop the hemorrhage of All In pledges by offering a minimum guaranteed value after Alyosha got so much flak over it that he couldn't ignore it anymore

6. Even then they still lost All In pledges until the campaign ended

7. Now they've placed themselves into a Catch 22: do they let money sit on the table with the left over figures after they fill the All In pledges, or do they sell them and for how much. Too little they lose faith with pledges, too much and people won't buy them.

If you cannot refute any of these points in whole without edit, then fuck off.

PS: I can't wait for the backerkit to go active so I can pick my figures and accessory packs. I'm very excited to see these figures.
>>
>>6029450
>You're not addressing any points directly and instead cut and paste parts of the post you're responding to so that you can mischaracterize
>using multiple direct quotes is mischaracterizing what was said
so much denial.
>They very clearly had a plan from the outset which they had to change when reality hit and they weren't getting anywhere near enough money.
And so what? What does this matter? Again, you're just arguing from a profit perspective and they'd rather go into their buffer money to get more figures made. What's wrong with that?
>2. Alyosha had a bad reputation
ignores the fact that for the past 3-4 years he hasn't had any complaints from the business he's been doing since
>3. He bitched and moaned on the official company Facebook page
Whaa whaa wahh, i bet he didn't suck your dick either. What does this matter?
>not a "team of toymakers" as you tried to assert
lol, wtf. Bitching just to bitch over some technicality?
The rest of your points are even more bitching just to bitch. Seriously, who fucking cares if they lost pledges? Why do you care so much if they're not selling to as many people as whatever you deem is acceptable?

Again, you sound like a bitchy stock holder grumbling over the littlest things.
>>
>>6029465
>I have autism!

The post.
>>
>>6029450
>Alyosha had a bad reputation, regardless of what the people who sided with him say. There are always two sides, but that some friends of his exist or customers who weren't burned exist doesn't erase him tanking his reputation
Exactly, a good act does not wash out the bad
>>
>>6029486
Better than someone pretending to have bought into the kickstarter because you think that makes it okay to bitch about inconsequential things because you're butthurt over who knows what.

So what are you butthurt about?
Can't afford a locked tier toy that can only be gotten through an all in pledge?
Still butthurt over some deal that happened over 4 years ago?
Are you really his mother, who is upset that your loan to your son isn't getting as much potential dollars as it could have?
Or what?
Maybe all of the above?
>>
File: cftpledge.jpg (199KB, 1898x979px) Image search: [Google]
cftpledge.jpg
199KB, 1898x979px
>>6029546
>Better than someone pretending to have bought into the kickstarter
>>
>>6029546
>So what are you butthurt about?

Does your autism prevent you from realizing that people without mental disabilities are capable of discussing something without being butthurt about it?
>>
>>6029948
Since you're only pretending to feel justified about your stupid rants, who knows.
Since I'm not, I don't know of anyone as nitpicky crying about tiny things as you to ever not be butthurt about something.

So how about being honest to me and with yourself?
What's making you being overly judgemental over toy makers wanting to produce cowboy toys?
>>
>>6030537
Whatever you want to think friend ;) I'm going to be over here both without autism and enjoying going through the backer kit.

After having this back and forth I'm glad I don't have to deal with someone this autistic on a daily basis. Your handler must have their hands full.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.