[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most expensive that you have spent on a toy figure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 36

File: An-empty-wallet.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
An-empty-wallet.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
What's the most expensive that you have spent on a toy figure?

I wanna begin a collection but I am cautious about how much I will be spending (as well as family judging me).
>>
>>5994609
If you're worried about such stupid things then don't bother collecting.
>>
>>5994609
What do you plan on collecting? The most I spent was probably 80 bucks for Neca's Big Red Predator
>>
$150 on a Soul of Chogokin but that was the regular price.

Most I've ever overpaid for a figure was triple the original cost but I tend to shoot for at least close to MSRP.

>>5994609
>I wanna begin a collection but I am cautious about how much I will be spending
What do you want to collect and why?
(as well as family judging me)
Are they judgmental types or do you plan on going nuts with it right away?
>>
>>5994609
>What's the most expensive that you have spent on a toy figure?

Around $120 for Masterpiece Grimlock Toys R Us exclusive

>I wanna begin a collection but I am cautious about how much I will be spending

It depends what you want to collect anon...

>(as well as family judging me)

Priceless.
>>
$335 or so on Sentinel Dancouga. Only way I'd go higher is on a Yamato Patlabor, or Hot Toys 89 Batmobile or maybe Hulkbuster
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 262x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 262x500px
>>5994609
$85.00 no regrets until this day.
>>
>>5994726
>$355

Was it so high due to importing or what? Rare?
>>
>>5994609
Don't worry about being judged, having a collection or figure display is something really enjoyable to come home to, just make sure nobody is messing with your figures while you're at work/out.

>Secondary warning: Once you start buying figures there is no way out.
>>
>>5994734
That was actually a sales price..it's an import, and Sentinel prices tend to be insanely high already. They're a smaller company than Bandai or others and they do niche releases.
>>
>>5994742
That's crazy, hope it was well worth it.
>>
230-250 for various Hot Toys. I only buy 2 or 3 of those a year, if that. Most are around 40-50 for imports. Don't worry about what other people may think. If collecting makes you happy, don't let others stop you.
>>
>>5994740
>>5994751
>Don't worry about being judged

OP has every right to be worried about being judged. Being judged for something niche like toy collecting can be a very life changing event that usually leads to isolation, subject of ridicule and decrease in self confidence from friends, family and potential dates.
>>
>>5994745
In all honesty no toy is really worth anything over $200, and that's pushing it. The thing is, you can either have the toy, or not, and I'm committed to this hobby enough to want them in my collection, price be damned.
>>
>>5994759
Someone that shits on you for having a niche hobby isn't worth being around anyways. And if you're isolating yourself to collect toys then you've got other issues to deal with.
>>
>>5994775
>Someone that shits on you for having a niche hobby isn't worth being around anyways

So fun being alone right?

>And if you're isolating yourself to collect toys then you've got other issues to deal with.

granted, but having toys is part of the problem to me. I don't even display my toys.
>>
>>5994783
Then don't collect toys. There's people who collect toys,play with toys, make toys, who have a partner, kids, a support group, and live well. What's your excuse?
>>
Most expensive thing is a robot damashii of a mech from knights of sidonia that was like $180 (terrible anime but cool mech). Figuarts luke was $80-90, damashii eva 01 was a bit over $100.
>>
File: 01_06_charizard.jpg (47KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
01_06_charizard.jpg
47KB, 600x426px
€165 for a Charizard D-Arts. It's pretty rare. Of course a few months later, out of the blue, they announce a reprint. But that's the collectors life I guess.

>I am cautious about how much I will be spending

Like other Anons said, you need to decide what you want to collect. And stick to it. A lot of cool shit comes out every month and it's a dangerous slippery slope when you start casually preordering anything that piques your fancy for a few minutes. Having a limited, tidy collection will help curb your spending.

For example, I mainly collect posable Pokémon figures. Which in one way I'm lucky there isn't a lot of. So I see a lot of cool nendoroids, figmas and even statueshit, but I pass on it because it doesn't fit into my collection.

>as well as family judging me
Who cares, it's your money.
>>
>>5994792
>Then don't collect toys

Can't help it

>There's people who collect toys,play with toys, make toys, who have a partner, kids, a support group, and live well

And then there's people on the complete opposite of the spectrum.

>What's your excuse?

I don't have an excuse. I'm ashamed of what I do sometimes. Other times when I get a new figure I'm looking for it makes me happy.
>>
>>5994795
got this when it came out for 70, feels good

paid 300 for Medicom Rah Eva Unit 01, worth it
>>
approximately $100 each before shipping on all 6 pieces of TFC hercules. Was first third-party combiner ever and figured "oh they'll never have another go at one of these." I could not have been more wrong.
>>
>>5994609
$150 in a Lego set
>>
>>5994841
Which set?
>>
>>5994793
>Figuarts Luke was $80-$90
Where the hell did you pay that much for him? Did you miss the initial release and pay latecomer's tax?
>>
>>5994609
Shipping and customs fees included, about 400€ for Max Factory Big O.
>>
>>5994726
Are the Yamato labors so expensive on the secondary market? I got units 1 and 2 for 160€ each.
>>
>>5994856
Yeah i got him on amazon, it was also like a week or 2 before the ANH version was announced which was somewhat unfortunate but i think i like the RoTJ version more anyways so what are you gonna do. I almost always miss the release and dont get any preorders so end up getting them from amazon once i see a review and know i want it.
>>
Cost me a couple hundred euros. Worth it tho !
>>
>>5994851
2011 Millenium Falcon
>>
700$
>>
I don't think I've ever spent more that $80 on a single figure.
>>
$350 for Midnight Wesker and $380 for Avengers Loki
>>
>>5994729
>no regrets until this day
So, as of this day, you regret it?
>>
Until last month I had not exceeded 150$ which was for the Truforce X's. Then Threezero announced this magnificent bastard and I've hit the $300 region. Depending how this turns out I'm honestly considering downsizing my 1:12 collection and moving to a 1:6 collection because I'm liking a lot of the stuff coming out through third parties and ip bootleggers while the main companies continue to milk the same boring IPs.
>>
File: Pierce the Heavens 2.jpg (321KB, 787x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Pierce the Heavens 2.jpg
321KB, 787x1050px
I think it was a little over $400 for this dude.

>>5994726
I really need to get this thing some time. Does yours have any issues or things to look out for? I remember after release some people seem to have had some qc issues.
>>
>>5995627
I have no issues with mine, but I'm also not pushing it too much because I've heard about the QC issues. which is a shame, because you can tell it was clearly designed to pose dynamically.
>>
>>5994865
How long ago was that, though?
>>
>>5995632
I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever do get one. It just looks so cool.

Do you think you'll pick up the individual Eagle Fighter?
>>
200 bucks on a Hot Toys.
>>
Got one new at a discount, $295 shipped.
>>
>>5995638
I was considering it, but I put it on the back burner since I have so many things coming up. I'll probably pick it up sometime later depending on reviews. He's my least favorite of the team, but I'm fond of beastformers so I'm likely to buy it eventually.
>>
$170 dollaroos for Metal Build Exia. Worth it but I'm bailing on this line early because the others are $250-300+.
>>
>>5994609
You should know what you want to collect and buy first. That will really depend on how much you spend. I'd suggest in general not to spend more than MSRP on newer items and avoid scalpers whenever possible.

On a single item, ~$100
My collections can sometimes be full of figures of $20 value so it adds up.
>>
$40 or so for the HGUC Kampfer and Gouf Custom. I'll probably pay $50 a kit or more when I get into the more advanced and larger gunpla grades. Looking at a kit for $65 without shipping right now, it's a bit intimidating.
>>
>>5994726
Encore Fortress Maximus set me back about that much. The toy itself was only like $200 but because he was so fucking huge the shipping was like 80 dollars and the customs fees were at least 50.

In all honesty, I can't see myself spending that much money on a toy, but Fort Max was exceptional in a lot of ways.
>>
Do these toys hold value at all? Any chance any toy will appreciate in value like a good comic book use to?
>>
>>5995710
When was the last time comic books appreciated in value unless there was some sort of normie controversy surrounding it?

In general Japanese toys like Figma and Figuarts appreciate in value but unless it's a particularly popular figure, not by enough to bother collecting unless you're a peasant that really has no other way of making money.
>>
>>5995710
In my experience:
>Army builders of certain franchises= increase in value
>Certain main or even obscure characters with limited figures= increase in value
>Lego stuff= increase in value

The rest is like a box of chocolates, pegwarmers will decrease in value, some will hold value and others will appreciate, depending availability, popularity, quality, etc.
>>
>>5994609
100$ on FF7 AC tifa (not PAK)

>family judging me

my dad always gave me shit for collecting, especially sense most of my collection are vydia girls. he would always say that i would play with them like "you are more beautiful then her".

mom would alway be like "what a beautiful toy"

just leave me alone
>>
90$ dollars on Mezco Batman
>Mezco used to be $65
Days long gone
>>
File: PAK DANTE.jpg (68KB, 611x647px) Image search: [Google]
PAK DANTE.jpg
68KB, 611x647px
>>5995762
i remmber PAK would be 50-60$ new, now they want 100$ and up. the last PAK i bought were chun-li and batman (both which i was NOT happy with) apart from the peanut joints their shoulder joints are shit. PAK DMC4 Dante was the last good PAK i bought. almost 6yrs ago
>>
>>5995762
The Dark Knight Returns one?
>>
>>5995803
Yes
>>
File: DT_2101ETC01103001.jpg (46KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DT_2101ETC01103001.jpg
46KB, 800x533px
This
>>
>>5995855
Think it's worth it?
>>
>>5995910
Every penny. it's great I love it to death
>>
File: IMG_7297.jpg (809KB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7297.jpg
809KB, 6000x4000px
£320 on EVA Prime.Worth it
>>
Does lego count if not £70 on mp grimlick
>>
>>5995710
If you keep them in the package, there's a decent chance you'll break even unless it's some kind of flavor of the month thing.

Comic on the other hand are essentially worthless.
>>
>>5995689
I paid full price for that set, $329 or so, thinking it'd sell out fast with how many people were screaming for it. That was when I realized most collectors were desperately poor and won't buy 90% of what they ask for.
>>
File: Nemesis 5.png (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis 5.png
2MB, 1280x1920px
Around $220 usd for Nemesis Prime. Got him long after initial release as I was late to the game.
>>
>>5995940
Any interest in shattered glass prime?
>>
File: IMG_4978.jpg (587KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4978.jpg
587KB, 2048x1536px
>>5994885
How is he? I'm interested in the Hot Toy but that's a huge purchase.
>>5994609
1/4 Mark 43 from Hot Toys $550
>>
£70 on a statue
£120 on a toy
£350 on a BJD
>>
just yesterday, I dropped $325 on RAH Hatsune Miku
>>
>>5996332
>£120 on a toy
>£350 on a BJD
They're the same thing
>>
>>5996218

Maybe a little, though I still need to pick up a regular MP-10 before I buy anymore variants.
>>
>>5995727
>When was the last time comic books appreciated in value unless there was some sort of normie controversy surrounding it?
Deadpool comics.
Alias.
GI Joe.

A lot of comics appreciate in value when a TV show or movie is announced or released. No controversy needed.
>>
>>5994885
Nice price. Where did you get it for that price?

>>5995637
I don't remember. It's been a while. I bought them new on eBay and the seller had several at that price. Maybe 3 years or so.
>>
>>5995653
looks like a brick.
>>
>>5994666
OP here, I wanted to collect a Hot Toys DC Figure but then I have decided that Mafex is the cheapest and best option.
>>
>>5995710
The time it takes most of them to be worth anything you could have just spent less then a weak at a part time job earning the same amount of cash or more.
Quick example Say a $20 figure is going for $50. That's a $30 assuming you can find a local buyer, no local buyer then it's online ans there you are losing money or possibly sitting on it longer because you either have to pay for the shipping and packaging which can eat $6-$12 or included that in the cost but then sit on it longer dealing with the under cutters that can afford to sell it for less.
Finally most sought after toys take years to climb to anything worth a damn but again, anything from the market shifting to a better version of the same product coming out can destroy the nest egg you think you are creating

A personal example is I own most of the Bioshock 1 & 2 toys from NECA and they go for high prices. My lose series 1 bouncer Big Daddy goes for about $100, that great considering I only paid $15 for him, but then you have to factor in it took close to 6 years to get this $85 dollar profit and that would make buying to sell these in bulk 8 years ago a waste of time and energy because the returns are so slow I might as well have put money in stock or gold/silver and would have had better results for the same amount of money spent and with less time wasted

Enjoy the hobby but don't lie to yourselves thinking these things will have a value worth having.
>>
Full price for this >>5995653 now I feel bad.
>>
>>5998229
got hot toys joker and 2 years later made 200 bucks profit, so maybe buy more expensive stuff than "NECA"
>>
>>5994609
Does statueshit count? I paid $150 or something along those lines for the Batman Black and White Frank Quietly DickBats. I have the Quietly Damian on pre-order to complete the set.

As far as actual figure, I'd have to say it was probably $80 or so for Figma Snake. He's alright, kinda lacking in some places. I was lucky enough to get one with decent paint on both faces. Mezco's One:12th line can get up there if you don't pre-order. I got lucky and got DKR Batman at my LCS with my box holder's discount, and pre-ordered Frank for like $60.
>>
>>5994829
>came out for 70

What? It was like, 36 bucks on release or something.
>>
>>5994609

Singular figure: $185
Set of figures that combine to one figure: $585

Third Party TF combiners are a hell of a thing.
>>
File: FIGURE-018057_01.jpg (90KB, 355x799px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-018057_01.jpg
90KB, 355x799px
If we count statueshit, this kawaii piece of shit ran me 163 shipped. Wasn't sure if she was gonna be worth it, but it was.

For articulated figures, I got the WF Joseph Joestar for about 140ish off Mandy.
>>
File: yf19_ami.jpg (100KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
yf19_ami.jpg
100KB, 800x550px
The Arcadia YF-19. I think it retailed for about 300?
>>
>>5998236
I see you missed the Bigger point of that. You made a bigger number profit but lower percentage then I can. And again, 200 profit in two years is not that great at all, you can brag in 2 years you made the same or less then a part time worker makes in a week but you had to invest money first to even get it.
>>
>>5995627
do you have more pics?
Or a name for that specific one?

>>5998273
do you have pics? looks sweet
>>
File: Joker.png (231KB, 1358x690px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.png
231KB, 1358x690px
>>5998229
Ledger Joker in police uniform goes for over a grand now because it is extremely rare.
>>
File: i bought both.jpg (635KB, 1050x752px) Image search: [Google]
i bought both.jpg
635KB, 1050x752px
total: $1,010
>>
File: pic_momo04.jpg (76KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
pic_momo04.jpg
76KB, 400x600px
DD Xenosaga M.O.M.O. for around 500. Nothing else compares. I don't even go for small figures anymore. So it actually saved me some money and lots of space, because as a consequence I also sold many of my 1/12 and 1/6 figures.
>>
>>5998413
How did it total that? You must have bought them from retailers on markup or shipping. I've bought
>Atlas
>Stryder
>Both Ogres

And the total comes out to $1680 flat including shipping if you buy from threezero store.
>>
>>5998374
Congrats you made enough for a months rent and a little left over depending on where you live and all it took was luck and few years and money down, assuming you get a buyer. But unlike other investments you can't replicate the money growth with any certainty or skill.

I get it there is joy in having a "vauluable" toy but it's never a good investment becuase there is no true growth and it's spuratic. Like you said That cop joker got so high due to rarity and collectors but it's going to float and could even dive in vaule as the collectors that seek that get older and the new generation that walks in has no value to it much like what has happen to some of the toys of the 70s that while still vauleuble dont have the worth they had in the 90s because most that would even want them are long into their 40s or older. Toys are entertainment and like most enteratiment value is fleeting to the generation the comes next.
>>
>>5995710
It's lottery ticket levels of luck
If you want to make good side money learn the stock market or metal trades/pawns
If you want to make money for a living nothing will replace actual skills and education in needed jobs.
>>
430$ for a 3zero titanfall figure

And several thousand in 1/6, though they range from 130-230 a piece
>>
>>5998420
I bought ogre from threezero, atlas was from amazon from some retail store, about $560 if I remember
>>
Most expensive produced toy I've bought was a Gojirus Giga, for nearly $200. However, I've spent way more on toy projects for my own brand and for school. Like if I had to pay to print my buildable figure for class this semester it would already be up past $200, and that's only for 1/4 the whole planned set. Luckily my classmate has a printer so I've been able to barter with prototype toys and free personal use of my 3D models.

If we want to get super vague my entire university career has been on the pursuit of a toy design degree so however much that total's up to so far.
>>
>>5998533
Yeah, I shudder at how much I've spent prototyping from Shapeways +buying fodder for purely fun projects. Yeesh...

Individually, I think Gray Clover and Shamrock are each the most I spent on a toy at around $65USD. Bundled they were almost double that when I bought them together from Amiami. Once I get my Beasts of the Mesozoic raptors, they'll be the most I've spent to date at $150USD.
>>
>>5998560
I look forward to being employed, so my prototypes will be business expenses.
>>
>>5994729
He was like $20 for a long time
>>
Just under $1500 for Hot Toys Delorean/Marty + acrylic case.

Get on my level, plebs.
>>
>>5994609
300 USD on Sahelantropus, from MGS V, made by Sentinel. It wasnt big as I thought, but its nice. But, if I could do it again I world probably wait to lower the price.
>>
>>5998349
That's the Perfect Change Gurren Lagann. I've got more pics but I'm not at home at the moment.
>>
>>5998249
including shipping. plus from bbts
>>
>>5995782
This looks good except for his master of kung fu beard thing.
>>
>>5999002
You are the only pleb here, Hot toys buyer.
>>
If none of you all are willing to spend 4 times as much on a figure on the aftermarket, then wasting money on it during a sale is stupid and will only be clutter in the long run.
>>
>>5999780
>spent $5 on an originally $1 toy
Just lock me up!
>>
>>5999719
he also has it in the game. this is by far the best dante fig out on the market.
>>
>>5998413
These actually look really nice, especially the one on the left. Considered getting one before but haven't even played titanfall
>>
>>5998533
>>5998560
If you're spending money getting things 3d printed regularly why not just buy yourself a 3d printer?
>>
>>5994609
I've spent $500 on two different statues and $400 on two others, but as far as toys go I'd say my RAH Link or Homura which were about 150-200 a pop. I have a few other toys that were about $100 or so, though.
>>
>>5999979
The way it's painted makes it look weird though.
>>
>>5998319
I never bought it with the intention of profiting or even reselling it; the fact that I was able to for a profit was just a huge plus; I'm not saying it's my job to resell things and make a living off of it
>>
File: HT-'89BM.jpg (395KB, 1958x1259px) Image search: [Google]
HT-'89BM.jpg
395KB, 1958x1259px
>>5994609
Paid just a bit under $600 CAD for my '89 Batmobile.

Honestly still just feel lucky I got it for that really.
>>
File: IMAG1744.jpg (567KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1744.jpg
567KB, 2688x1520px
>>5994609
The most I've dropped on a toy is $225 for this Sahelanthropus figure.
>>
>>5998268
I found her for $28+$10 shipping
>>
>>5994609
100$ for shf megaman x
>>
>>6000633
The scale? Bull god damn shit. The SHF of her is that cheap, definitely, maybe even the figma, but not that scale.
>>
>>6000827
Its a 1/7 scale here

http://www.wish.com/c/57a82bd53ce257696343d0b3
>>
$400 for Nero Rex. Worth every penny, transform him every other day or so. Slowly building up calluses as a result.
>>
>>5994783
I pity you.
You will die unhappy, I guarantee it.
>>
Being ashamed of your hobby is only going to make it come off creepy.
>>
>>6001036
I'm fully aware of it, but it's something I'm working on.

>>6001347
How does being ashamed of it make you come off creepy?
>>
>>6001399
How can you expect people to be comfortable with you if you can't even be comfortable with yourself? If people sense you are hiding something then they are going to have suspicions.
>>
>>6001448
>How can you expect people to be comfortable with you if you can't even be comfortable with yourself?

It's easier to hide who you are and pretend someone you're not. That way people have less reason to dislike you and judge you harshly.

>If people sense you are hiding something then they are going to have suspicions.

I'm hiding toys, not a murder closet.
>>
>>6000593
Damn that's large.
>>
>>5994609
55 bucks for figures. 90 for SEX toys.
>>
>>6003442
in all seriousness, i go completely jew mode when it comes to sex toys.

i don't mind throwing 120 on a nice figure but fuck paying more than 25 on a sex toy.
>>
>>6003455
>125 for something you just keep on a shelf
>Less than the price of meal for something you will use repeatedly and might go inside your body
Other way around for me. You have to be insane to pay out big for toys and cheap out on sex toys. I'm sure you'll enjoy those diecast mazingers from the hospital because your asshole rotted out due to cheap nasty chemically plastics. I'll enjoy looking at my cheap rubber mazinger on my body safe silicone dong
>>
>>5994729
why are you regretting it now?
>>
File: warmchin.jpg (266KB, 1600x1269px) Image search: [Google]
warmchin.jpg
266KB, 1600x1269px
Hot toys mk1 warmachine: $240~

Got him only last year, so it wasn't too bad in terms of the aftermarket price for it, still more than it's original retail but at least it's not pants on hat $400 retarded.
>>
File: 1451462257297.jpg (144KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1451462257297.jpg
144KB, 1252x1252px
$200 on Figma Samus

I was new to the scene of collecting, didn't know shit about collecting, and I honestly thought it would never be rereleased.

I had just gotten Figma Link so not having Samus made me feel in complete.

Biggest regret in collecting.
>>
just bought him a few days ago for 300.
my last figure im buying for awhile until the mp3 samus figma is released.
>>
>>6004850
>warmchin.jpg
>warm chin
>things changed forever
>>
File: DSC_2401as.jpg (711KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2401as.jpg
711KB, 1500x997px
>>5994609

$245. The Japanese yen was TOO STRONK in August.
>>
110 bucks for Figma Hulk. Was going to get Hot Toys Scarlett Witch, but figured it was too much for a glorified statue.
>>
does spending 60$ on a sota street fighter fei long figure count as expensive?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (330KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
330KB, 1600x1200px
$750
>>
>>5996011
Do some places actually still have it in stock?
>>
>>6014061

Bukimi na warai, hakai taitei, DES-ZA-RAAAAAS
>>
The most I've paid for a toy was a little over $400 CAD after shipping for SOC GaoGaiGar. Kinda wish i could've gotten one for $100 less, but whatever.
>>
>>6015225
>mfw canadian and paid less than 300$ for mine even after shipping

feels good man
>>
File: Matsurika1474730050.jpg (673KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Matsurika1474730050.jpg
673KB, 800x1067px
>>6000633
>>6000827
>>6000840
that's the cheapass chinese bootleg. Looks like shit compared to the real thing
>>
File: QQ16.jpg (87KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
QQ16.jpg
87KB, 678x960px
Most I've ever paid was 400$ for the Threezero T-60 Special Edition.
Just about had a heart attack when I saw the credit card bill, before I remembered.
>>
File: shadowtrp.jpg (133KB, 894x1311px) Image search: [Google]
shadowtrp.jpg
133KB, 894x1311px
Paid $290 for a Hot Toys Shadow Trooper. more than I needed too, but it was kind of an impulse buy. Best figure I own though one of the few hot toys troopers that looked better then their preview.
>>
The only problem I have found I have with collecting is that I don't have enough space after, what do you guys use as to display your collections on ? Only just got a shelf a month ago and its already filled up
>>
File: transformers coll.jpg (270KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
transformers coll.jpg
270KB, 1280x720px
>>6018263
Just buy another shelf.
Fill them completely with toys.
This is the only way to be a true toy collector
>>
>>6016361
oh man, $290 for an all black trooper. i'd understand if it was for a figure with more detail but damn.
>>
>>5995782
my most expensive are both this and Nero
got them both for like $120, now they're like $250 each lol
thinking of getting PAK DMC3 Dante, but not sure
>>
>>5998150
I should've gotten that comic pack when I had the chance like 5 years ago before everyone started liking deadpool
it's at least $90 now and that upsets me
>>
>>6018265
cluster

fuck
>>
>>6018265
>the amount of money on this picture alone
>>
>>6003491
>silicone dong
>either a fag or a chick
we don't want you here, shoo!
>>
>>6018265
Show your 5 favorites.
>>
File: image.jpg (336KB, 2048x1105px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336KB, 2048x1105px
I've never spent more than $100 for a single item until SDCC. I guess it's kinda cheating since it's 4 figures in one box, so runner up would be Revoltech Boba Fett for $55.
>>
>>5994729
I worded that wrong, no regrets. HE IS FUCKING AWESOME
>>
Paid about 375 for pic related, but it was a gift for my gf. Most expensive one I've bought for myself was probably Masterpiece Thundercracker for 200.
>>
File: 04.jpg (161KB, 894x1311px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
161KB, 894x1311px
>>6019151
And forgot the pic, of course.
>>
>>6007067
Don't worry, I too have lost a shit ton of shekels overpaying as well
>>
>>5998452
>rent

lmao
>>
File: IMG_3274.jpg (173KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3274.jpg
173KB, 1200x900px
$600(?) for MMC's Feral Rex.

Well I did buy the 6 figures as they came out, so I guess I didn't spend that much at once.

So I guess the most I spent at once was for how ever much Takara's MP-10 was.
>>
I've bought sets of toys for over $200, but as far as a single figure...? Probably has to be $150 for Shattered Glass Goldbug. Nice deco & head on a great mold, so no regrets.
>>
File: image.jpg (222KB, 894x1311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222KB, 894x1311px
Spent $225 for the Hot toys MGS3 snake. Worth every dollar
>>
>>6018266
i guess it's also worth saying Shadow troopers are my absolute favorites, i still feel it was worth it, it does have some weathering on it as well.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.