[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Not Gonna Happen Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 65

File: spawnmini.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
spawnmini.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
Don't fear criticism, post Deadpool pictures away!

What Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltechs will never happen? Yes pic is a custom.

>NOVEMBER
TMNT Raphael
TMNT Michalangelo
Woody

>DECEMBER
66' Batmobile with Batman & Robin
DeLorean
Legion (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)

>JANUARY
Spider-Man
Glavenus / Dino Equipment (Male Swordsman)

>TBA
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
Venom (Marvel)
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (5 variants?)

Previous >>5974820
>>
File: spawn3.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
spawn3.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>>
File: spawn2.jpg (75KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
spawn2.jpg
75KB, 600x800px
>>
Good.
It looks awful.
Hunchbacked individuals should stay out of sight.
>>
>>5991271
>Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltechs
I really hate his style so I don't really have any suggestions for new lumpy boys.

I would love some more Kaiyodo Youkai.
A Kappa, Tengu, or Oni would be marvelous.
Also some Steven Universe stuff. Don't care who does the sculpting as long as it is something.
>>
And we're off to a flying start already.
>>
File: 20161027_113514.jpg (382KB, 1409x2009px) Image search: [Google]
20161027_113514.jpg
382KB, 1409x2009px
Reposting from last thread. I'm admittedly not the best at posing revo's and I'm aware that the angle of the foot is wrong in the first pic. Even still I had a lot of fun taking these pics and felt like sharing them with you guys.
>>
>>5991271
Who made this custom? (It is a custom, right?)

Waiting for Revoltech Getter Go at the moment. Anyone have him? Willing to post pics and impressions?
>>
>>5991328
God damn that looks awful. They could do so much better...
>>
>>5991328
>>
>>5991321
Alice, sure she's just fine. Mixed opinions is more to do with the first bunch with very loose joints that never got a rerelease with better joints. Those tend to be more expensive too so it sucks on multiple levels.
>>
>>5991321
>Is loli Alice worth getting?

She should have the newer joints, so I guess it all depends if you like her or not. Theres also a grown up version of her, but that one for some reason lacks a place to plug in the tail whip.
>>
>>5991271

Why did Todd ever think that giant clubfoot wrap was cool?
>>
I can't wait for deadpool to get here. I tend to either completely love or hate revoltechs, and he looks like he could go either way. If he turns out good though, it bodes really well for spiderman.

>>5991328
>>5991331
I don't suppose you have the new legends version? The unmasked head was my favorite thing from it, and I'm wondering if you can get away with just resting it on the joint, or it it'll look over/undersized.
>>
>>5991329
Some Japanese guy on twitter. Other custom I saw of note was Deadpool from PW Snake.
>>
Anyone else order deadpool through MyKombini? I paid back on 10/23 and they still havent shipped. Should I be worried?
>>
>>5991340
>>5991341
I honestly don't know much about the character I just think she looks cute and I like her silly accessories.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>5991344
I do, I'll try it out when I get home and post pics/let you know how it goes.

>>5991330
One things for sure though, it has the best box. Pic related is background art thats included in the box.
>>
>>5991344
>The unmasked head was my favorite thing from it, and I'm wondering if you can get away with just resting it on the joint, or it it'll look over/undersized.
A pic was posted in the last thread
>>
>>5991370
If all else fails you could try using adhesive putty.
>>
>>5991330
How so? That looks exactly how I imagine a Revo DP looking. Or are you just baiting like people always do in these threads?
>>
>>5991328

> that red paint on his upper arm

triggered
>>
>>5991382
Some people just don't like Yamaguchi's style.
All of his humans end up weirdly disproportionate and look like they are melting.
>>5991331
Is a great example.
I like his mech and monster stuff but he can't do people.
>>
>>5991370
Aw shit, it's a giraffe.
>>
>>5991399
>mech and monster
Hmmm...what monster? He never made such things. Just people, robots and cute mascot characters.
>>
>>5991415
Oh he wasn't the guy who did the MH figures?
Sorry I fucked up.
>>
>>5991399
>Some people just don't like Yamaguchi's style.
bait.
It's unpossible to dislike Yamaguchi and they're just being contrarians who are nitpicking to come up with negative things to say
>>
>>5991421
A few different people sculpt those. Yamaguchi just place in the joints later if his name was attached to it.
>>
>>5991395
Haha good catch, I forgot about that. There's another one (black on red this time) on the crotch piece. Honestly if I had noticed I probably would have moved the hilt of the blade slightly to cover it up.
>>
>>5991399
Isn't Yamaguchi pretty much Revoltech? Not counting his figures, everything else kinda sucks.
>>5991423
Stfu
>>
>>5991429
>Isn't Yamaguchi pretty much Revoltech?
No. There are like 10 other sculptors involved in different sublines. Saying they all suck is a pretty wide net to cast, makes you sound like you know nothing.
>>
>>5991429
Unless you hate painted figures in general. Or ratchets.
>>
>>5991429
I don't think he did the Asian mythology, many of the movie figures, or any of the anime girl figures.
>>
>>5991449
You're not wrong. Takeya, Sci-fi/Movie, QB, Fraulein and Fist of North Star he's not involved. MH he just handle articulation much like SW. Some mecha is like that too even in the early days. He did some anime girls like Reycal and Revy.

And also VulcanLog besides Snake and Black Magician are not his, though I think he handles articulation for the entire line.
>>
>>5991467
Silly me Ultron was part of Movie Revo. He did that one of course.
>>
Anyway I can order revodeadpool still?
>>
File: petting the king.jpg (468KB, 800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
petting the king.jpg
468KB, 800x1800px
>>5991321
loli alice is fine, the only thing i hate of her is that the neutral/smiling face is looking at the side, the one with the donut in her mouth is cute and is usually the one i use the most, i wish that the donut can be removable though.
i read that there's chance for the qb figures to suffer paint transfer from the removable clothes, try to undress her from time on time so the clothes doesn't stick on her body.
for articulation the legs have a swivel where the stocking ends and the butt can limit the whole leg, so you will have to move the thigh and then rotate the legs to make the poses work, i think figma satsuki uses something similar for her articulation

and as for what she is, the queen's blade wikia says that she's an archeologist that explores temples and shit, and doesn't mind using the artifacts she finds in those to help in her exploring, for example the little black things in her twintails are living beings that helps her tank hits and stuff.
basically she's mix of indiana jones and samus with urinary incontinence
her story is that she found a portal to other worlds and she entered, finding other characters from animu and vidya
>>
>>5991488
Yeah technically she's the main character of Queen's Gate, offshoot of QB that is all about other IP girls, and is a treasure hunter. I thought of her more as a straight up thief than archeologist though.
>>
File: IMG_7920.jpg (2MB, 3024x2978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7920.jpg
2MB, 3024x2978px
Just got my Deadpool and Miyo in today. Haven't messed with a revo in a long while but DP looks nice. Might take some pictures later.
>>
>>5991488
I wish the Revo Queen's Blade figures were like, slightly better. Different joints and better paintwork and they'd almost be a 10/10 line.
>>
File: Menace.jpg (881KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Menace.jpg
881KB, 1600x1200px
>>5991533

Well, it's a pretty old line and was done when Revo was somewhat of a new thing.

I'd love to see a Senran Kagura line done the same way though. Imagine the improvements they could do and the series is begging for a fucking QB style series of figures.
>>
>>5991331
Aside from joint and proportion related things that are indicitive to Revoltech's as a whole, let me quickly go into a few things that bothered me about this figure. The pistols and knife are molded into their holsters, this may be acceptable for a $20 Marvel legends but not for an expensive highly articulated figure. His lack of weaponry in general, it's especially noticeable considering the nature of Deadpool's character. Going back to ML's even that version of Deadpool has more weaponry (granted they are cheap and gummy but thats beside the point). Mis-application of paint apps, this is more of an issue with my specific figure but damn is it annoying. It looks like someone took a chunk of paint off his crotch and transposed it onto his left bicep.
>>
>>5991546
Gun holsters I don't think it's a big deal. It's better than looking goofy big or be replaceable and have pieces constantly falling off. Only a small part of the guns are showing so they don't bother me that much

Knife though I wish it came out or was included.

My only problem is the wrists. The joints are too embedded and kills the range it could have. Being the type of joints carried over from Minis you can't really pull out halfway to get more range either.
>>
>>5991542
>Senran Kagura
I need a Revoltech Mirai now.
>>
>>5991559
Sorry to borrow your word but It just looks goofy when he's holding his pistols and you can still see them in the holsters at the same time. It's not too big of a deal sure, but it's still bothersome enough to where I would consider it as an issue with the figure. As far as things I liked I like the articulation, you can pretty much hit any pose you can think of (whether it looks good or not is another story). The different expressions you can make with head-eye combos, and the quality of materials used on the figure. Especially the accessories, the swords and pistols don't feel gummy and are well detailed.
>>
>>5991563

I need a Revo of the bancho teacher, can't remember her name.
>>
>>5991559
Also they could have done like the sword hilts and made it so it's just the visible part of the pistol that plugs into the holster. SHF Jango did this and it works fine.
>>
File: revoltech IM Mk1.jpg (152KB, 640x958px) Image search: [Google]
revoltech IM Mk1.jpg
152KB, 640x958px
>>5991429
>Isn't Yamaguchi pretty much Revoltech? Not counting his figures, everything else kinda sucks.
No.
Yamaguchi is just the head guy now poisoning the rest of toys.

Revoltechs used to look much better, but that asshole started inserting his own style into the toys, making them look weirdly disjointed. They used to have fineass sculpts and even paint jobs. And they still do, but with the hideos joints now fucking the sculpts up.
>>
File: mr turtle.jpg (25KB, 265x400px) Image search: [Google]
mr turtle.jpg
25KB, 265x400px
>>5991331
Looks like a turtle.
>>
>>5991581
I though of that but then those are very small pieces that can potentially fall off at anytime and be lost forever. Being empty from the get-go might've been better.
>>
File: yontouryuu.jpg (253KB, 1674x822px) Image search: [Google]
yontouryuu.jpg
253KB, 1674x822px
My shittier phone seems to take better looking photo than my cheap tablet. But it's too dark today for my phone.
>>
>>5991583
>now
but he's been in the line since its inception, the whole main line, from new getter 1 up to raiden, was made by him.
>>
File: tmnt revoltech 1556.jpg (82KB, 675x556px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt revoltech 1556.jpg
82KB, 675x556px
>>5991635
was he in charge though?

If he was, then someone had enough sense not to let him decide everything like he does now.
>>
>>5991635
Some were not, even in the Yamaguch Revoltech line. Funny how that works.

>>5991647
In charge? Never. He shows what he wants to make for approval, but it's not like he has control over what gets released. He had more freedom in the past when figures were cheaper definitely, don't know what you're on about thinking he has that now.

Comic book stuff he knows very little, there is a guy who picks the lineup for that type of characters.

He's just the sculptor, he gets told what to make just like anyone else.

I don't know if you're showing that knowingly, but TMNT was not Yamaguchi.
>>
>>5991670
>Some were not, even in the Yamaguch Revoltech line. Funny how that works.
kinda like the old bandai's composite ver. ka line where some of the robots weren't desgined by katoki?
>>
>>5991670
>In charge? Never.
I seem to recall he's senior whatever over there and his influence IS showing up in things he never even sculpted, like those TMNT.
>>
>>5991720
So? You think Yamaguchi is telling other sculptors to sculpt like him? Be like me or get fired? I doubt it. Senmu is the eccentric one and he has completely different tastes.

SW he did the articulation so it's like a joined effort.

>>5991711
Yeah. To give you an idea Zoids, Patlabor and Eva-05 was not him, Or like how Takeya line is not actually sculpted by Takeya most of the time. It's just a brand name at this point.
>>
>>5991563
The best part is you wouldn't have to worry about that giant dress ruining her articulation, because it would be cast-off. All the clothes would be cast-off.
>>
File: yugioh.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
yugioh.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
>>5991731
Do you see any sculpting influence in that figure?
Nope.
I'm talking about the joint placement and it's definitely something he's trying to put into the figures he didn't sculpt. Hence
>They used to have fineass sculpts and even paint jobs. And they still do, but with the hideos joints now fucking the sculpts up.

You can see when he doesn't have influence over it
>>
>>5991720
Also what you think you're seeing is not some gradual takeover of Yamaguchi's style. It's more to do with the subject and style of the source. SFO series for example, only Zangief was made by Yamaguchi. 5 other sculptors made the rest, among them the guys who did TMNT, which were done by 3 different people.

http://kaiyodo.co.jp/revoltech/sfo.html

I think using same joints to achieve certain range and having cartoony looks has more to do with it.
>>
>>5991756
>Do you see any sculpting influence in that figure?
>Nope.
Which one are you talking about? Iron Man? Yeah Sci-Fi line was a different line. Like Takeya. Figures of stuff that are live action.

>definitely something he's trying to put into the figures he didn't sculpt.
Yeah, he is, like all of VulcanLog he is listed as articulation supervisor for number of Revos. He IS placing joints into other figures. That's part of his job.

Yugi was by Matsumoto, articulation by Yamaguchi. Again, one of the guys who did SFO and TMNT. Characters of animated nature. Matsumoto did Toy Story and some Iron Man as well. It's really a matter of the source material. And I think you're getting confused because there are figures that Yamaguchi only did the joint placement.

If you're just buthurt from that fact that he's doing his job then too bad.

First people hate his sculpt but like the articulation, now hates just his articulation.

Example you should really post as figures actually influenced by Yamaguchi are the robot Vulcanlogs sculpted by Sentinel. Those are based on past Yamaguchi work intentionally.
>>
File: DSC_3505.jpg (495KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3505.jpg
495KB, 663x1000px
he's flawed but i like
i just wish the neck isn't that long and his elbow joints weren't so prominent
>>
>>5991848
if i had to nitpick it would be the shoulders. everything else though like the elbows, neck, and sculpted guns dont bother me one bit. So no regrets from me shelling out $50
>>
Does anybody here have Getter Go? I wanna see pictures of it! Other Getters are fine too.
>>
File: DSC_3497.jpg (510KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3497.jpg
510KB, 663x1000px
>>5991861
the eye parts is probably one of my fave gimmick
yea, i don;t regret buying him
>>
>>5991861
First I thought the arm rested too low in the default position, but if you know when to have the double joints in a "Z" formation or a straight formation depending on the pose I think it works really well. Hard to say it in words, but like trying to have the top curve of shoulder sculpt always touching the sculpt of the body.
>>
File: 1477255665628.jpg (477KB, 1716x980px) Image search: [Google]
1477255665628.jpg
477KB, 1716x980px
>>5991848
if you have any spare black revo joints, swapping out the double joints doesnt look bad
>>
>>5992109
I hate those doubles with a passion, but I don't know how well that'd work. It looks like the end of the joint is barely going into the bicep. I'll give it a shot when mine shows up, though.
>>
>>5991795
>Which one are you talking about?
The ones i posted, the TMNT. But yeah, that IM figure works too.

>Yeah, he is, like all of VulcanLog he is listed as articulation supervisor for number of Revos. He IS placing joints into other figures. That's part of his job.
Are you even paying attention to what I'm saying? Youre only confirming everything I've said.
He was in charge and he ruined the figure on something he didn't even sculpt.
>First people hate his sculpt but like the articulation, now hates just his articulation.
People have been hating on his articulation for a long time. Did you ever read about the MGS figures and how they look like they have scoliosis because they can't stand straight up like a normal person can?

The guy is poison and they need to stop involving him in everything. They need to contain him again within his Yamaguchi line instead of allowing him to do shit like this.
I'd love to see them return back to how it used to be, because they did a much better job before.
>>
>>5992166
>they look like they have scoliosis
That WAS about the sculpt. Of the back. Joints wise they can pose straight. That was the big stupid chain argument that went on.

The general opinion with Yamaguchi figures were hate sculpt but fun to pose. People didn't like cut joints or ratchets if it was about articulation.

The way you say "in charge" sounds like he has some kind of control over what gets released or how they were painted and shit.>>5991647
>was he in charge though?
>If he was, then someone had enough sense not to let him decide everything like he does now.

So far all you're really saying is stuff Yamaguchi worked on has Yamaguchi's characteristic and stuff he didn't doesn't have that. No shit. Hate his work all you want.

So you're actually saying TMNT doesn't have his "influence" now? You said it did. Which is it? Thought you were speaking of style because everyone thinks Yamaguchi made those and hates them for it. Which revo was influenced by him even though he didn't touch them again?

I think you're focusing on the wrong thing to blame too. There's just fewer releases of Revos all around. Kaiyodo is focused on other figure lines such as capsules and soft vinyl because action figures are too expensive. Time to face reality in that sense. Your favorite sublines has downsized drastically and like it or not VulcanLog has Yamaguchi involvement because people tend to like well articulated figures.
>>
>>5991869

Are you this >>5991331
anon?
>>
>>5992296
>That WAS about the sculpt. Of the back. Joints wise they can pose straight.
It's actually both.
They're preposed for the joints to maximize a certain look, hence those ninja turtles looking like they're shrugging until the end of time.
>The way you say "in charge" sounds
It's not mind control, dude. The guy isn't playing a video game. The main sculptor will be the main voice and do all the heavy lifting, but as seen with the TMNT, even something as minor as joint positions can make something that could be great into disgustingness.
>So you're actually saying TMNT doesn't have his "influence" now?
you need to talk gooder english. Either you're using something to translate what I'm saying or your knowledge needs refinement.
I was talking about the sculpt, hence
>see any sculpting influence
keyword: sculpting.
There's almost nothing there that would point it as being something Yamaguchi would do. it's just the fucking joints and positioning.

>Your favorite sublines has downsized drastically and like it or not VulcanLog has Yamaguchi involvement because people tend to like well articulated figures.
And that's sad.
Big downfall from Revoltech's high point if this is how it's going to be from now on.
>>
>>5992305
Those file names pertain to different devices. Definitely not the same
>>
>>5992354
No one seem to like the sculpt of the turtles, and they falsely think Yamaguchi made them. Them as your "good but ruined" example and also "not Yamaguchi-like sculpt" were confusing. Not sure if you know what Revos Yamaguchi was actually involved with. Still not sure what you're talking about with " let him decide everything like he does now." Decide how to put joints in I guess. He's in charge of joint placement. That's a strange way to word it. Also not everything.

He's just one of many sculptors, and yes he places joints into other figures but saying he has influence in ones he didn't work on is a stretch. Like I said before that's more to do with the source style and the nature of the joint to achieve poseability. TMNT is a very small sample group to bitch about that.

You don't like Yamaguchi's involvement, fine. Saying he is poisoning everything is crazy talk.
>>
>>5992427
dude, you weren't here when they were first shown off.
Everyone has been blaming the joints for a longass time. Same with the Metal Gear figures.

>Still not sure what you're talking about with " let him decide everything like he does now."
It's a figure of speech. Sorta like how when you think of a "boss" like how he's the one that takes all the credit (or all the blame).

Also, your english is getting worse.

> Saying he is poisoning everything is crazy talk.
How is it crazy talk when it's true? Why can't we go back to how it used to be?
Even you said it
>Your favorite sublines has downsized drastically and like it or not VulcanLog has Yamaguchi involvement because people tend to like well articulated figures
That's the reality. Sure, people tend to like well articulated figures, but there's more than samefag that doesn't like it when it involves really weird looking toys.
>ib4 all or nothing defenses
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1045x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1045x602px
>filthy Canuck
>bought deadpool
>paid out the ass for EMS shipping
>order was shipped on Monday
>it's stuck in Mississauga
>probably won't get to me until Monday
>mfw paid out the ass for nothing
>mfw will get raped by customs

I hope it was worth it.
>>
>>5992445
>Same with the Metal Gear figures.
People hated the Yamaguchi sculpt more than anything. TMNT when announced, sure I don't remember that, stuff about the shoulders no doubt. I remember only the occasional mentioning that popped up time to time. Stylization seemed like the issue then.

>Why can't we go back to how it used to be?
They wont sell at these prices anymore. Other companies started making similar properties as well. They always need to be unique. Enjoy your Movie Revo and Takeya Jizai Okimono. Some VL he didn't touch so there's that. If you care for the sculpt so much Sofubi Toy Box might be up your alley. Doomed to fail but Kaiyodo is focusing on that for a while. After that the things you want might make a comeback, who knows.
Don't know if intentional, but English should be capitalized if we want to shit talk language skills.

If it makes you feel any better the number of figures Yamaguchi makes dropped drastically as well.

And I want more robots but that's not happening anytime soon.
>>
>>5992482
Iktf. I paid ems too. MyKombini still hasnt shipped. Im getting worried. Paid out the ass for nothing. Could have spent less and gotten it from ebay. Thanks to the anon who posted that it was still in stock there as i didnt have a PO but holy shit this site is shit tier.
>>
>>5992482
>>5992521

Canuck who bought him with RSAL shipping here.

Don't get the appeal of EMS.
>>
>>5992109
How do his hip work compared to figures other than revoltech? Been a while since I've had one.

Also on the 2chan thread thats' probably gone now, a guy dremmmeled his Deadpool's holes so that joint would fit. Looked great.
>>
>>5992517
>People hated the Yamaguchi sculpt more than anything
Honestly, it went something like this: scale > sculpt > joints.
They were overall bad, with certain points being disliked more than others.
>Stylization seemed like the issue then.
Nope.
Only people who complained about the style were those who didn't like the cartoon's style in the first place. The sculpt/paint itself is basically perfect for the cartoon.
It's the funky joint positioning that got the complaints otherwise.

>After that the things you want might make a comeback, who knows
Well, until then, positioning Yamaguchi to poison other figures he didn't sculpt is just how it is.
It's very disappointing, especially when we know that Revoltechs were capable of being better looking.

>Don't know if intentional, but English should be capitalized if we want to shit talk language skills.
LOLOL grammer is more importent, becuz this is the fucking internet. Ppl have been shortening wrds and using acronyms to make it faster to communicate with each other.
The more u git into trashy talk, the less educated you sound, and the less you make sense. Thus, communication is more difficult.
The human brian can and will skip over words, because it thinks it read what was really said and continue like it wuz all precisely written. When you stop making grammatical sense, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>5992569
The hip is just ball joints on a diagonal angle, sort of like a figma.
>>
>>5992566
With how bad our dollar it I just don't think it's worth it. 30 to 40 for shipping is quite high
>>
>>5992569
Which holes did he dremel?
>>
>>5992305
I'm this >>5991331 anon, the other pics are a different guy.
>>
>>5992691
OH, so they've abandoned y joint revoltech hips? Good.
>>5992792
The ones you'd expect, where the actual joints plug into. I couldn't glean much of the details because of lolgoogletranslate, but it looks like he did a bit of gentle carving work to get it to fit more like Sutherland's arms.
>>
>say he doesn't like revos multiple times
>spends around 60-70 McDollars just to complain
>>
>>5995088
Wait, this idiot loves to complain about anatomy? And he likes Marvel legends? lol okay
>>
>>5993674
Ah okay. So he only dremeled the elbow holes? That's what I wanted to know.
>>
>>5995088
Stop paying this guy any sort of attention. Can't believe i used to like and recommend his reviews. He loves to act like he knows what's best, yet can't make up his mind on certain aspects of engineering, often switching up his opinion, and lets bias take of hold of any review where he likes the subject matter.
>>
Going through the Revoltech tag on instagram has been the most infuriating thing.
>>
Shartguy put his review up of deadpool. He praises the figure pretty highly, but holy shit the comments. So many people complaining about joint concealmeant and sucking hasblow's cock. God we finally get something nice and these shittards hate it.
>>
>>5995088

Yeah but have you seen his epic lootcrate/1upbox/snack reviews?
>>
>>5995088
Fuck man please tell me he's bait-n-switching us... marvel legends look like knock offs of knock offs to begin with
>>
>>5995088
What a moron. Good thing I'm not missing out by having never watched his videos.
>>
>>5995759
He's that guy who loves to complain because he thinks it makes him look smart when really it just makes him a whiny bitch.
>>
Let these people complain about Deadpool. Maybe he'll go down in price and I can build an army.
>>
>>5995389
How the fuck could you complain about joint concealment and love Hasbro's stuff at the same time? They have giant pimples and holes where the bars connect the joints, and the joints themselves are always warped and misshapen. Not only that, but this is probably the best yamaguchi has evern been able to conceal the joints in his sculpt.

I sincerely don't get these people, but I suspect they have to breathe manually.
>>
>>5995088
AnthonyCustoms pretty much despises Revoltech. Even Raiden which is generally seen as a good figure got shat all over by him. So I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't some kind of trolling thing because he HATES Yamaguchi stylization, HATES their joint system and HATES ratchet joints.

Revoltech just isn't for some people. You need to be open to stylization and it's benefits in crazy hyper posing.
>>
>>5995389
I decided to check and it's pretty sad. Saw someone complaining about it having too much articulation and another person complaining about the proportions compared to the ML.
I don't see anything wrong with the proportions, but I guess they believe DP can't be a bit bulky?
>>5995761
>>5995759
I remember seeing a review of his when SHF Kylo Ren released and he was telling everyone to not remove the neck or you'll break the figure and got super defensive when people called him out for being an idiot
Had a good laugh
>>
>>5995663
No, I can only handle small dosesd.
>>5995783
>>5995814
I was worried about this when deadpool was announced. People not giving what is probably one of the funnest representations of a character, simply because of the points they are complaining about, and potentially ruining any chance of the new line continuing. I really hate people sometimes.
>>
>>5995814
His head is the issue, not his bulk.
Nobody has a head that small.

The ugly joints are the other issue.

The joint falling out with play is another.
>>
>>5995876
>Nobody has a head that small.
I can name dozens of stylized characters that do. This is Deadpool in another style, get over it.

>The ugly joints are the other issue.
Subjective. I would argue having pin holes on the side of limbs is more distracting.

>The joint falling out with play is another.
That's a feature. Allows for easy part swapping and don't have to worry about breaking shit.
>>
>>5995876
Is this going to be another pinhead thread?
>>
>>5995876
Not sure if it's the size of the head, he is 7 head units which is pretty standard. I think he has a small face, like the parts are too centered. He is basically the same as Venom Snake but Snake's head size looks ok. Might also be due to the simple design makes it look smaller.

As for joints coming out, fix it yourself it's not a difficult thing to do.
>>
>>5995858

It kinda sucks people just won't go "not for me but I get it" but to be honest, I doubt it'll hurt the figure much, revoltech has always been criticized, but has managed to keep going and have a following.
>>
Whats my chances of getting the new revoltech spiderman if i didnt pre order?
>>
>>5995915
I think they are much more hated in the west, or at least more noticeably so. Japanese comments I tend to see that's negative is about pricing. Or it's just they don't go out of their way to bitch and nag about everything. Kaiyodo has other sources of income, but I'm more amazed they still keep making giant statues or super minor vehicles purely from the CEO's personal tastes.
>>
File: FIGURE-023140_09.jpg (79KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-023140_09.jpg
79KB, 800x800px
>>5995943
You have until January so it's sort of up there.

AmiAmi still has it open so maybe there won't be a Deadpool situation again: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-023140&rank=
>>
File: Ryudragon8.jpg (18KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Ryudragon8.jpg
18KB, 400x299px
Just got me the Jizai Okimono Dragon. One of the most fiddly things ever but it looks pretty good once you get it in a good pose. A shame that some pictures you find online from other owners they just pose the thing with this awkward unnatural-looking 90 degree angle.

I have a couple of Revos that need fixing, what kind of glue works best? I have some super glue but from some past experience I'm a little worried if the glue reacts with the plastic and melts it or something.
>>
Good new, maybe? The latest joints will be sold in packs of 10. Two colours, black and flesh, in 4 different sizes 4mm 6mm 8mm and 10mm.

No info if it will be available in different stores or just their own web shop like before. AB started being sold regularly so maybe there is a good chance of that.

No release date or price info either.
>>
>>5995088
First time I have seen any of this guys videos and this happens.
If that's what he think is an acceptable pose, he needs to stop and leave altogether. I know it's not the most posable blank but jesus christ, that's what he thought to do?
>>
>>5996194
he can't pose anything

All of the "poses" at the end of his videos are all terrible, plus he adds panning shots to a static image to try and hide it.
>>
>>5996194
What did you expect from a guy who uses "better action figures" as his motto?
>>
>>5995805
Its ironic because that dumbass buys paks which use uglier ratching joints. I realized he was a scrub when he went through his pak collection in one of his videos.
>>
>>5991295
thanks anon, now i want to fuck a steven universe

i hope you're proud
>>
Shit tier e-celebs aside, the general consensus among your typical ACBA Marvel Legends collector is that Revoltech Deadpool is great, which is kind of surprising.

I guess everyone bound to have a moment of revelation when posing some hyper poseable action figures in hand. I always thought that Revo's dynamic posing shit was kind of a meme to hide cartoony figures (who doesn't have any reason to be cartoony such as PW Big Boss), but then I got raiden and I'd rather have a cartoony Raiden that can do high jump katana kick than a Hot Toys Raiden any day of the week
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 640x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 640x604px
>>5995363
U kno liek meemers?
>>
>>5995389
What's up with the persecution complex among Revo collectors? Literally literally nobody on youtube comments complaining about a company and you guys got triggered by it?

Guess what, most people who watches action figure reviewers are 9-12 years old kid who cannot afford most of the figures.
>>
>>5995389
>reading youtube comments in the first place
you brought this to yourself
>>5996688
>one faggot crying about it=all community has a persecution complex
well /toy/ itself is not that filled comapred to other boards but come on
>>
>>5996688
Its people who collect Japanese figures exclusively in general. There's a huge pecking order mentality where they want to see themselves above people just buying American retail stuff, but at the same time, they want to feel like they're equal or better than people buying even higher end Hot Toys.
>>5996594
is a perfect encapsulation of that mentality.
>>
>>5995088
Yes but he buys Marvel Legends and considers them worthwhile enough so his opinion on Revo Deadpool is pretty much dismissed outright. He's just a bandwagon cynical prat who people asslick because "oh he tells it how it is.", except that he has just as much bias as everyone else, like with those shitty new Halo figures that were clearly garbage, but that he still considered good because he's a huge Halofag.
>>
>>5996781
He also just likes being a contrarian. If something is well-liked, he's likely to say it's shit and justify it as "It's just me telling it to you straight; the others are lying to you!"
>>
>>5996767
Yep, ultimate plebs. They cant accept that both figures are good. One HAS to be shit. Bunch of losers that no one IRL would ever speak to. All they can do is bitch on the internet in their safe space. Toppest of keks
>>
>>5996825
But what's wrong with saying "I prefer X to Y?"

Say for the sake of the arguments most "plebs" are literal 9-12 years old who had no chance of buying $70 import figures. They spout uninformed opinion online, on youtube comments the plebest of pleb platform. Why should the >>5996767 NEET plastic crack addicts respond to the 12 years old and take him seriously.

The onus is on the more mature ones to just let the 12 years old spout whatever they want. People who get triggered here by shit tier e-celeb shitting on their plastic crack is just as bad as the people they're criticizing. At the end of the days we are just manchildren playing with overpriced made in China plastic junk with no functional real life utility
>>
>>5996843
>At the end of the days we are just manchildren playing with overpriced made in China plastic junk with no functional real life utility
Yeah...
>>
>>5996194
I want Revo blank bodies
>>
>>5996861
That's kinda been done, but yeah, a human body would be interesting.
>>
>>5996861
Isn't that what the Zwei thing is going to be?
>>
>>5996874
zwei is a revival of the fraulein line, if anything we will see figures of cute girls from licensed properties in probably a new joint system to accomodate their designs, rather than blank bodies.
maybe they will do one if the line is a success, considering the figuarts and figma blank bodies though
>>
>>5996874
The pics of the Zwei posted before was not the final deal, just showing the blank body they will be using for the line, since the last Fraulein was using the same type of body through out. I think old one was called E.L.F. body or something silly. Just for show, saying look we improved it.

>>5996861
Funny thing, there was a rumor that will be happening, because in a random pic there was a paper that had "Revoltech blank body" on it. Like a project proposal form. No clue how long it takes from that stage to seeing some prototypes so don't know if it got scrapped.
>>
>>5996871
>>5996956
And the only reason I think Kaiyodo wants to make a blank body is that their AB Last Run stock sold out immediately after a mangaka was shown using it as pose reference on TV.
>>
>>5995160
Nah, I meant for the shoulder to torso attachment.
>>
>>5995088
Does this dipshit know a thing about anatomy? I ain't watching his videos to find out, but I get the impression he throws that word around to make it look like he's knowledgeable.
>>
>>5996968
He does. Just hates any stylizing which typically deviates from realistic anatomy unless it's some mutant character like TMNT.
>>
>>5997003

If he couldn't tolerate stylized anatomy then there's no way he'd like Play Arts Kai lol so it's either something more specific or more arbitrary than that
>>
>>5997021
Views and comments. He says stupid shit like that all the time to get views. He shit all over the ML DP and that video got 35k views, like 3-4 times the normal amount he gets.
>>
>>5997021
Watch his PAK reviews. He often complains about the anatomy among many other things. I'm surprised he kept buying them for so long because more often than not he seemed to really dislike them, especially for the price point. Eventually he swore off buying anymore PAK because the prices kept going up and the new figures were getting WORSE in engineering/sculpt that he couldn't take it anymore.

Any PAK he reviews now is literally sent in to him from fans who want to see him tear it a new asshole in a review. I honestly think he feel victim to sunken cost fallacy for a while because he only gave them a thumbs up on rare occasions.
>>
>>5997003
I honestly really doubt he knows anything about anatomy besides comparing his figures to the calvin klien pinups on his walls.

I'll never watch any of his click bait bullshit.
>>
File: 1256700462199.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1256700462199.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
>>5991271
Beat??! Seriously?? I just happened to notice that. Anyone have any confirmation/ leaked pics of this? I haven't played Jet Set in years, but I'd be stoked to see if a few of the mains were given the Revoltech treatment
>>
>>5997099

He's been confirmed. Theres been pics of the prototype shown a few times, I don't think a painted one has been shown yet though.
>>
File: SigmaCloud1469332736.jpg (138KB, 913x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SigmaCloud1469332736.jpg
138KB, 913x1200px
>>5997101
>>5997099
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/331773

https://youtu.be/4V4IEV8l-gA
>>
File: 1474091083908.gif (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474091083908.gif
27KB, 200x200px
>>5997106
Its.....glorious....

Thanks anon...Any word that they'll make Cube?
>>
>>5996145
i wonder what exactly happened with deadpool, people thought it was hasbro who cockblock them, but with spidey still available, it seems that that it wasn't fear of competition from them.
could it be because of Fox then? i'm kind of worried if wolverine is coming and suffers the same fate than deadpool
>>
https://youtu.be/DTEEJ3NV0Qs
>>
>>5997120
It's a Spidey dispray btw. Forgot to label it.
>>
>>5997117
Could have been the name, changed to Amazing Yamaguchi from Amecomi Yamaguchi. Maybe labeling it as an explicitly comic based figure isn't allowed
>>
>>5997120
Looks like shit. If you want to see it actually look cool look at yamaguchi's twitter, he has tons of pics.
>>
>>5997120
>that knee

Jesus, at least deadpool had some kneepads. Is there really nothing one could do? Revo mkXLV Iron Man had double jointed knees with kneecaps and it works perfectly fine
>>
>>5997120
really wished they came up a better way to do the knees
>>
>>5997120
i still think that the kneecap should've been positioned with the calves, rather than with the thighs
everything else looks good for me
>>
>>5997120
Why even bother posting this? We've seen everything about it there is to see. All this does is generate more "muh knee" posts.
>>5997148
>>5997150
>>5997152
Case in point.
>>
>>5997120
Has Venom been announced yet? If he has I don't remember hearing about it.
>>
>>5997155
>>
File: h-hayai.jpg (84KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
h-hayai.jpg
84KB, 1200x900px
>>5997155
He was announced with Spidey just no prototype shown yet. We might see something closer to Spidey's release
>>
>>5997163
That is not Venom. That is Deadpool
>>
>>5997154
Sorry your general is not a hugbox. The knees are very valid complaints
>>
>>5997165
pssst, look to the right.
>>
>>5997167
I know it's a valid complaint, which is why it's been stated like 80 fucking times since the figure was shown off. We get it, the figure's not engineered perfectly, no need for 7 people to keep spouting about it every time it's mentioned.
>>
>>5997169
That just shadow! Who know what that represent
>>
>>5997165
It's really hard to believe someone can be this fucking retarded.
>>
File: Mvc2-venom.jpg (80KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mvc2-venom.jpg
80KB, 540x750px
>>5997173
I fucking hate you with every ounce of my body rn. I hope you die by choking on your own saliva.
>>
>>5997165
>>5997173
i dunno if who is fucking trolling anymore
>>
>>5997182
Real talk, this shit is making me contemplate why I come on this board anymore. There's so many autistic fucking posts that it's almost impossible to have any sort of actual discussion.
>>
>>5997184

Ignore and report, bro.
>>
>>5997178
Next we will get "I don't want this version of Venom I want that version" posts.
>>
>>5997148
The problems with that method are it looks more ugly from the back, and probably kills a good deal of rotations at that joints. Probably looks uglier from the sides too because you're having more cuts into the sculpt.

I think the best way would've been to be just like Kinnikuman and minimize the crosscut section exposed.
>>
>>5997201
>probably kills a good deal of rotations at that joints
I'd take shitty thigh cut all day rather than rotation at the knee with rekd articulation like that.
>>
>>5997201
Why would you need knee rotation though if he already had thigh swivel and then boot swivel?

This is madness. Yamaguchi have made multiple great figures with great knee articulation that doesn't look that fucked up. There's literally no reason to kneecap (pun intended) the spidey figure this badly.
>>
>>5997213
This, Deadpool doesn't have that problem, and he can do most of the same poses, if not all of them.
>>
>>5997178
>>5997155

My only concern is the color of Venom. I have a stronge feeling they're gonna use a dark metal blue like spidey's. At least they could do a variant black one, like they made variants with Raiden.
>>
>>5997310
Honestly, I'd be fine with a deep metallic blue, that would look a lot more visually interesting than a flat black.
>>
>>5997310
>>5997312
i'm hoping he reuses the colour from his old candy toy venom
>>
>>5997312
>>5997310

I associate Venom more with blue than black anyway, thanks to the 90's and MVC games.
>>
>>5995088
Not surprised that the guy who can't pose for shit wouldn't appreciate the product of a company that sacrifices some of the aesthetic of their figures for the sake of articulation.
>>
>>5997733
He always mentions how he is super busy and has no free time. Hell, his reviews are done at the end of the day with a total lack of sleep. So clearly he doesn't care that much about articulation because he isn't going to be posing his stuff for fun often.

He only cares about articulation to a certain point. He won't tolerate toys with total garbage articulation but he doesn't give a shit about massive range of motion either if it means sacrificing sculpt. That's why his top import figures were fucking figma SAO which had pretty limited articulation but looked nice.
>>
>>5997813
kek I remember being in the figma gen when someone posted that video
>>
It's the same story with everything in the world. There are those who can tolerate and appreciate something that is different, and those who can't and only accept what they're used to seeing.
>>
>>5997813
>he is super busy and has no free time
I hear this a lot, but I thought youtube and customizing was his job? Wtf is he doing all day to where he can't even focus on his hobby for like 10 more min
>>
>>5997813
>SAO shit

Holy fuck, no wonder why he's a shit reviewer, he has shit taste. And not just any shit taste, but legendarily shit taste.
>>
>>5997824
So homophobia but with toys?
>>
So Deadpool Revoltech are back on preorder for all American websites such as Bigbadtoystore
>>
>>5997120
Why the hell is his head shaped like that? I hate the knees as well, I've never seen a Revoltech with knees that shitty until the minis.
>>
>>5997987
His head is shaped like that so it can look up when posed against a wall and then fill in when looking straight on standing.
>>
>>5997977
Great news, anon!
>>
I'm looking for a decent iron man figure and i'm thinking of either a Revoltech or the Mafex. Can I get some opinions on which revoltechs, if any, are worth getting?
>>
>>5997319
I think that would be perfect if that's what they go for. Hopefully the Revo Venom ends up better than their Spidey. Because that's just the style of monstrous hulking Venom I want a figure of.
>>
>>5998086
I'd rather wait and see for the Figuarts but I got recommended the. LoR Ironman Mark V. What you want to look out for is the Legacy versions which are re-releases with some having updated joints if I remember correctly.

I heard some dodgy things about Mafex overall when it comes to either build quality or QC issues but no one mentioned Ironman yet.

I know you mentioned those two brands but other than that you have Figuarts who've been building their Ironman armors with a renewal Mark 6 coming up. I also believe there's in scale Comic Cave Ironman as a more higher end option.
>>
>>5998192
I should have mentioned I'm looking for something in the 40-50 dollar range, so unfortunately I have to pass on the comic cave iron man. the LOR mark 5 looks really nice, but the only decent price I could find seems to be from a fake seller on amazon. do the LORs get re released very often?
>>
fug spiderman and deadpool, im just gonna wait for venom
>>
>>5998210
Depends. But you should be fine by going on Mandarake or AmiAmi preowned for it since the prices should be within reasonable limits.
>>
>>5998346
how's the mark 7? He's pretty cheap and looks nice
>>
File: 20161031_180213.jpg (2MB, 1426x2518px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_180213.jpg
2MB, 1426x2518px
Look who showed up today.
>>
File: 20161031_180308.jpg (2MB, 1672x1657px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_180308.jpg
2MB, 1672x1657px
>>5998551
This guy is fun.
>>
File: 20161031_180426.jpg (2MB, 1501x2095px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_180426.jpg
2MB, 1501x2095px
>>5998553
Only thing I don't like is the katana hilts pegs seem a little flimsy. I feel like one of mine is about to snap at any time.
>>
>>5998553
>>5998554
If you're going to post fuckhuge pictures, at least pose the figure well.
>>
File: 20161031_180502.jpg (3MB, 2878x1673px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_180502.jpg
3MB, 2878x1673px
>>5998554
If Spidey is even half as fun as Deadpool than I'll be he'll easily be one of the best versions of Spidey.
>>
>>5998555
Oh look it's you. Mr. 2mb is fuck huge.

Quit being a faggot and spend a little more money on your internet connection instead of toys.
>>
>>5998554
Do you have either venom snake or ultron? Because I can tell you right now that they were too heavy for that stand and the pegs on both broke pretty quickly, I'd be weary of using it. Nice shots though.
>>
File: 20161031_181803.jpg (2MB, 1889x1974px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_181803.jpg
2MB, 1889x1974px
>>5998555
MUST YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS EVERYTIME?!!?
>>
>>5998551
>>5998553
>>5998554
>>5998556
>>5998568
Yeah, resize please, shit's annoying on mobile.
>>5998557
A lot of people share this sentiment. Go fuck yourself
>>
>>5998572
>A lot of people share this sentiment.

Yeah, people in 3rd world countries that no one cares about. Get better fucking net you shitter.
>>
>>5998572
>Browsing on mobile

You get what you deserve pleb. Wait the 10 seconds to load the image holy shit. And you are honestly the only retard here who whines about this.
>>
>>5998580
>>5998582
It's amazing how some of you are so hellbent on being lazy assholes. Just resize the pics out of courtesy, jesus christ
>>
>>5998597
The two of you on /you/ are literally the only fucks that bitch about this on all of 4chan. Seriously, is it that much of hassle to make you wait the 10 fucking seconds for the image to load on your shitty 3G first gen iPhone? Nigga, the image size is right there next to the thumbnail. No one's forcing you to click it.
>>
>>5998597
>lazy

You're the shitter demanding others change for your lazy ass.
>>
>>5998616
>anon, clean your room, it'll only take you 5 minutes
>mooooom, no, stop making me conform!
>>
>>5998511
Legacy releases are finished more or less. It's more like the random rerelease of a revo like Woody or Legion these days.

Mark 7 is good. Just joining in this conversation but I also recommend the latest Mark 45.Revoltech. It has some more option parts and some interesting tricks for having better articulation.
>>
File: DSC_3504.jpg (554KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3504.jpg
554KB, 663x1000px
>>5998554
i already bent mine just by having it fall on my lap, so i'm very vrey careful now
>>
File: DSC_3500.jpg (515KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3500.jpg
515KB, 1000x663px
i'm hoping they'll make an xforce recolour
>>
>>5998582
>>5998600
>literally the only fucks that bitch about this on all of 4chan
Not him/them, but if you've been on /toy/ long enough you would know it actually is common courtesy
You'll get shit on (especially in the photo general) for being too lazy to crop or resize your photos
I mean compare his to these:
>>5991328
>>5991331
They are a fraction of the file size of his and look pretty good not because he is using a better camera, but because he knows how to make his shit look good. They don't look like a fuzzy mess when you blow them up compared to the other dude
It takes less than a minute or two to plug in a phone, open up paint and click resize. For someone who seems to like to take photos they should at least know how to make what they are working with look good by just resizing it
>>
>>5998661
>Common courtesy to not force someone to wait 15 seconds

You guys are such pansies. Bitch more about how you have to wait to open a picture of an action figure.
>>
>>5998661
>It takes less than a minute to plug in a phone, open up paint, and click resize

It takes even less time to let the image load. What's your point? That you're an entitled, impatient, third worlder?
>>
File: DSC_3503.jpg (512KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3503.jpg
512KB, 663x1000px
>>5998659
wished i had gotten raiden when he was cheap
he would have looked great next to DP
>>
File: CwJb5YZUAAICc4v.jpg (208KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CwJb5YZUAAICc4v.jpg
208KB, 2048x1536px
>Memorial Service since the core
But what does it mean?
>>
>>5998730
Don't use shitty translate function it never works properly for Japanese.

I think he's getting rid of it or reusing it as the base body for something new. It's a very random post so hard to tell even with a decent knowledge of Japanese. I'm not sure what robot that could be so I'm lacking some context.
>>
>>5998659
Fuck, I didn't want it until you suggested it. Yeah I'd adore a X-Force color, especially if it had accessories for serving his own flesh.

..I really liked the Uncanny run.
>>
File: IMG_1105.jpg (3MB, 2048x1462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1105.jpg
3MB, 2048x1462px
>>5998680
here u go anon
>>
File: IMG_1106.jpg (2MB, 2048x1228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1106.jpg
2MB, 2048x1228px
>>5999139
>>
The only real thing I dislike about Deadpool, and I gotta agree with AnthonysBoredoms is the difference between paints, his chest being a glossy red, his head being a matte red, etc.

The rest of it is all style whinging. The biggest issue people talk about, the shoulder design, works just fine if you can pose better than a child and don't buy higher end import figures to go "PEW PEW SWORDFIGHTS!" with them.
>>
>>5999323
I think the head is still the same paint, just has less of that shading I'm guessing because it's stretched out. It looks more like the rest of his body near the ears. And yes the shoulders works perfectly fine if you know what you're doing, keeping them connected to the main body at all times.

Man I want a Deathtrooper Revoltech now, give it some random swords and pose it like a ninja.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (86KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
86KB, 600x800px
Huh amiami got a review sample already.

http://news.amiami.jp/review/2016/11/52595.html

Let's talk about the knees some more shall we!

It says the thighs have mono-shaft,and the way it looks in some poses I think the thighs have old school diagonal cut joints and not a straight rotation peg or ball like DP or Snake.
>>
>>5999390
Oh I should say the hips are ball joints like before.
>>
File: amspiderman-05[1].jpg (287KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
amspiderman-05[1].jpg
287KB, 800x600px
>>5999390
i'm not so sure, look at the gap in this one,
>>
File: amspiderman-02[1].jpg (278KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
amspiderman-02[1].jpg
278KB, 600x800px
>>5999395
also dat ass
>>
>>5999395
Are you talking about the knees, or hip area?

I should have been clearer, the hips are ball jointed, but the thighs have diagonal cuts that has angled pegs. Like how the old EVAs used to be.
>>
>>5996960
Huh. Which mangaka?
>>
File: amspiderman-21.jpg (240KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
amspiderman-21.jpg
240KB, 800x600px
>>5999390
>>
>>5995814
>too much articulation
What the fuck. Who would be dumb enough to have an issue with that?
>>
>>5999435
I think it was the Karakuri Circus guy, but I'm not sure I didn't watch the thing.
>>
>>5999452
Subjectanon maybe?

Oh god. What if Subjectanon and Anthony'sCustoms are the same person...
>>
File: x-files theme intensifies.gif (499KB, 420x372px) Image search: [Google]
x-files theme intensifies.gif
499KB, 420x372px
>>5999468
>>
>>5999468
you calling anyone subjectanon are starting get really obnoxious as subjectfag himself
>>
I finally got my deadpool and after a half hour with him I can tell he's gonna be one of my favorites, maybe up there with raiden. My biggest worry was that he was gonna have shitty hips like V and ultron, but yamaguchi actually came through. The hips have enough range to almost go straight forward, and the balljoints where the thigh swivels usually are make up for anything else. Shoulders aside, he's probably got the most straightforward articulation I've seen in a revoltech.

The head really is too small though, and the neck is way too long/thick. They're just about the only things I straight up dislike about him, but it's still a little disappointing to see yamaguchi improving in other areas but not this one. I'll see if they grow on me.
>>
>>5999323
Yeah, paint looks all over the place, very odd. He does bring up some good points occasionally, but one thing I'm surprised he didn't mention is the completely asymmetrical shoulder joint placement. The left shoulder pegs in and cuts into the strap, while the right one is placed further back and doesn't interfere with that sculpt at all.
>>
>>5999517
Hi there, subjectanon.
>>
File: amspiderman-07.jpg (293KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
amspiderman-07.jpg
293KB, 600x800px
>>5999390
They couldn't have found someone who knew what they were doing? Seriously, the posing is atrocious in some of these shots
>>
>TFW this tread is just arguing about knees

If you don't like it, go find another figure? Otherwise you are just complaining for no reason, considering the figure is already done.
>>
Has anyone had problems with deadpool's eyes falling out? One's popped out of the normal head twice now, and I've got the feeling that the next time it happens i'm losing it for good.
>>
File: IMG_5176.gif (210KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5176.gif
210KB, 500x281px
>>5999750
>that left leg
>>
>>5991271
HURRY UP AND GIVE ME EDDIE BROCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>5999750
What the hell are those midcalf joints?
>>
>>5996194
That's actually a correct posture for that particular kick in nomal reality.
>>
>>5999871
I just noticed those too. apparently shin bones have joints in the yamaguchiverse

I'm starting to regret my preorder.
>>
>>5999887
you guys are the most petty nitpicky lot i've fucking seen.

you realize its on a joint, right? you can just choose to not move it.
and if you're so ass gyrated about it, then glue the joint

the only thing you guys can do, about a toy thats not out yet is complain about it endlessly.

mistakes on these toys exist and should be pointed out, but they're not THE ONE THING that should be pointed out
>>
>>5999740
Can't be unseen!!!
>>
>>5999887
That's okay. I'll enjoy more more for you if a pretty decently hidden joint to allow for a better foot placement for the more extreme of Spider-Mans poses bothers you that much.
>>
>>5999354
damn, anon, now i want that too
>>
>>5999887
I have no issues with the joints themselves I was just wondering if they're revo joints or some other type of joint.
>>
>>5999873
Anthony, please go.
>>
>>5999922
Get the sand out of you vagina, it's not like others haven't presented decent pics of the figure previously. God forbid a figure isn't praised in every post, you guys are even more cancerous than ACBA when it comes to kneejerk responses to any criticism
>>
>>6000046
>"wow that looks like fucking shit"
>one anon later
>"nah it's okay you fucking fag"
>"HOLY FUCKING SHIT EVERYONE HERE IS A BUNCH OF HUGBOXING FAGGOTS WHO CAN'T TAKE CRITICISM OF THEIR FAVOURITE TOYS!"
everyone and their mother in this thread has criticizied revo spidey in someway or another, mainly for the knees, hell people that got deadpool admit that there are some flaws too(paint, joint elbow placement, the sword pegs), and yet they still like it. and if you search for other figures people will give 1 or two points that dislike in almost every revoltech.
but no, you go and simply focus on the two or three faggots out of the thread to get that conclusion
>>
>>5997106
I still don't like the low-poly style. When I think of JSR, I don't think "low poly", I think "cel shaded", and I think of the concept art.

It worked for Virtua Fighter, because they were the first 3D fighter and those early super-polygonal models are more iconic than their later designs, but Beat should have just been rounded imo
>>
>>5996960
>after a mangaka was shown using it as pose reference on TV

which mangaka?
>>
>>6000079
I think Revo generals accept that Revos are love or hate, the sculpts can vary and plenty to dislike and plenty to like but people like the figures regardless.
Coming into a Revo thread to complain about issues on a figure seems most pointless these days as the people who collect them accept them and don't give a fuck.
>>
>>5999871
>>5999887
It's done so on purpose, to recreate the bends and curves of the leg seen in some Spider-Man art. It's just something extra there you don't want it then just keep it straight.
>>
>>5999983
Review says they are revo joints.
I thought they were ball joints from past Yamaguchi pics.
>>
>>6000299
I checked, it was Kazuhiro Fujita.
>>
>>5999390
I really love my revo ultron, but these pics aren't that reassuring and I'm thinking of canceling. There's just too many gaps on it and it looks disjointed.
>>
>>6000564
Luckily there are tons of spiderman figures out there so it's not a big deal. Venom better turn out great though.
>>
>>5999873
Gay tony you are a massive fag.
>>
>>5997125
DC has/had an line of statues(?) called Amecomi
>>
Considering I may have been the first person to hamhand deadpool, let this be a warning: the design of his swords makes them fragile as fuck. I left him on a stand overnight and this morning he'd fallen onto one of his katanas, snapping it at the base of the blade. You know the little red transparent tabs in the dummy versions that go into the sheaths? It's the same for the full swords, they just insert into the actual blade. The entire sword is basically supported by a 1mmx2mm tab of transparent plastic.

No idea why he decided to make them like this instead of just one solid piece like every other sword they've made, but watch out.
>>
File: IMG_1351.jpg (893KB, 1080x1041px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1351.jpg
893KB, 1080x1041px
Nowhere to display this guy. So this will do.
>>
>>6001185
This makes me realize I need a Revoltech horse.
>>
>>6001207
I'm hoping they do a skeletal horse st some point
>>
>>6001226
Holy fuck that would be awesome. My Figma Dead Master needs a mount.
>>
File: IMG_0972 (Edited).jpg (621KB, 2107x1304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0972 (Edited).jpg
621KB, 2107x1304px
>>6001226
Im hoping they dont. Kaiyodo's has too much of my money already.
>>
Vulcanlog or Mini venom snake?
>>
>>6001389
Both
>>
>>6001241
How are those Oni skeletons? I have the Jason and the Argonauts second release and aside from slightly loose joints and the lack of a "normal" stand (though a Tamashii stage works perfectly with him) I love him.
>>
>>6001518
I have the "regular colored" version and I like him but things like one of his arm joints being loose and the peg hole to an arm seems to be a bit wider than the joint giving a loose connection irks me a bit when I try posing and swapping parts out is my main set of issues. Also his club is a major pain due to the removable handle just falling out at a whim whenever I try to manipulate his holding arm.

If the cost wasn't up there I would get more for either crazy skeleton monster setups or as backdrop for my Nendoroid display.

However it does offer one thing I wish more figure lines do is a base that also acts as a container that fits pretty much most, if not all, the spare skeleton parts you have. It's insanely convenient if I want to swap parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>The comment section on Anthony's deadpool review
>>
>>6001981
It's a god damn shit show. I don't even know what he's trying to say here.
>>
>>6001981
I'm watching it right now and it's a fucking trainwreck. He's literally complaining that the shoulders are too articulated, instead of taking the five seconds to pose them in a way that looks good.
>>
>>6002014
To do that you would need to avoid certain poses all together

I like revo deadpool but let's not act like it's a prefect figure just because "mah articulation" and "mah style"
>>
>>6001981
I love how he falls back on "I'M JUST BEING OBJECTIVE AND TELLING YOU HOW IT IS."

Only his shit-eating fans believe it because he already went into the review disliking it because it's Revoltech.

He also thinks it's a bad figure because of his own personal circumstances that don't allow him to play around with it a lot and figure out how to properly use the joints. Yeah, very objective, Anthony.

Go back to your shitty static stony Marvel Legends crap and leave the good figures (minus paint flaws) to people who actually appreciate it.
>>
>>6002058
Get out of the fucking thread, hass-blow shill. Probably can't even afford deadpool.
>>
>>6002061
>>6002066
Getting this mad and defensive about an action figure is just sad. I love Revoltech as much as anyone else, but come on, reevaluate your priorities.
>>
>>6002079
Get the fuck out, Anthony.

We all know you browse /toy/
>>
>>6002003
I dont like the deadpool figure much, or most revoltechs. Just stuff like the horse, skeleton, etc. But this guy is 100% correct, Anthony is terrible at posing figures. The pictures at the end of his videos are 100% always bad.
>>
Are you seriously surprised? People said this back when some shots of Deadpool in a case were shown and the USfaggots bitched about how the Marvel Legends is better and "muh ugly joints."

You were warned that this was coming, don't be surprised. US normie/chad collectors are simply braindead idiots who are too used to their 1990s chunky balljoint hips and arms.
>>
>>6002079
One thing you didn't do here is disprove my point. You're just tone policing, and that's also just sad.

Fuck off.
>>
The trick with the shoulders is knowing what configuration to keep the double joints in at certain poses so it doesn't look disconnected.

Haven't watched the full review yet, but just seeing the thumbnail the guy spread the arms to the side just by using the upper joint attached to the body. The proper way is to do that like the left arm of bottom left pic >>5999139 swinging the shoulder towards the body then using the bottom joint to go to the sides. That mimics the shoulder bone and muscle when you put your arms out to the sides.
It's different, but is a simple and effective means of getting great range and maintaining a realistic posture while doing so. Not saying it's perfect, but not that terrible that it should be hated by apparently many people.

And why do we care about this guy? Is he popular? Views wise doesn't seem so but I don't watch toy reviews so I don't know what's a good number for them.
>>
>>6002247
>And why do we care about this guy? Is he popular?

A guy said something bad about something people like and we literally get half a fucking thread bitching about it. This is backbone of interaction on 4chan.
>>
>>6002003
>my job isn't to hide problems and make the figure look good

Fucking what? What is he even trying to say here, that he poses them shitty on purpose because that makes for a more honest review? I now understand everyone's hatred for this guy.
>>
>>6002256
I just saw it and I guess I know why this guy in particular, because I wanted to say hey dude it's like that because ____ and such every other minute.

However I'm sure there are dozens of reviewers saying the same type of stuff so was wondering why just this guy and all.
>>
>>6002281
He's one of those youtube reviewers where most or at least a good chunk of shittalk about him is actually true.
>>
>>6001172
>The entire sword is basically supported by a 1mmx2mm tab of transparent plastic.
Save on plastic/paint costs. It's unfortunately being done with a lot of imports. Instead of just including a separate hilt to go into a scabbard there is only one hilt to share between both options.

Of course there are benefits like making it easier to get the handle into the hand and not having to worry about breaking anything or scraping any paint badly in the process. But yes, it means that a shelf dive at the wrong angle can snap it.
>>
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/11/kaiyodo-amazing-yamaguchi-deadpool
atleast this guy gets it
>>
>>6002422
Surprisingly refreshing to hear someone admit they went in with the expection of hating it but gave it the time to work out the joint system before making an opinion.
Even if he came out saying he hated it at the end. Still would be one of the better reviews. That comment about seeing the pose or joints seems like a really good point too.
>>
>>5999139
how tall is deadpool compared to raiden? it seems that they go well in your pics, but then i remember that deadpool fares decently with certain marvel legends, which it gave me the idea that he's bigger than a conventional revoltech
>>
>>6002553
They are about the same. Deadpool is taller but only slightly so, like people of different heights instead of looking like they are out of scale.

It's worth to know the final product of Deadpool shrunk down from the early prototypes if you got that impression.
>>
>>6002564
i got the impression becasue of the pics of the (already deleted) 2chan thread where they put him with a spidey figure, and even with his marvel legend counterpart, and showed that the unmasked face of that one works well on the revoltech.
in any case thanks anon
>>
Now that I actually have Deadpool in hand I'm gonna guess spidey's calf joint is just like deadpool's thigh joints.
>>
>>6003152
The first time I saw something like that was in one of the shf iron men and I thought it was a little unnecessary, but deadpool sold me on it. If the calf one is similar, I'm on board
>>
>>6003179
Oh deadpool's legs are a thing of beauty compared to other revos, spidey is gonna be amazing.
>>
>>6003199
Yeah, I always figured that if a bulkier character like deadpool would work with this type of body, spidey would be even better.
>>
>>6003152
The review actually said it was a revolver joint, guessing 6mm one.
>>
>>6003270
Wait, really? 6mm like the ankles? That sounds kind of awful.
>>
>it's an "another retard that never liked revoltechs reviews a revoltech" episode
https://youtu.be/vauJS785Iac
>>
>>6003305
I had revoltech dante, he had revo joints for ankle rockers, it was just about the only goood thing about him.
>>
>>5998600
Another one of those fucks reporting in. Just re-size the pics anon. It's insanely easy and you'll be doing everyone a solid. If you don't know how just ask, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>6003411
>getting triggered by people who don't share your opinion
sad
>>
>>6003438
Whats a good size to re-size it too? I've been meaning to ask this for a good bit.
>>
>>6003443
Fuck off Anthony.
>>
>>6003454

Whatever size you want.

Quadruple it's size if you feel like, man.
>>
File: IMG_1884.jpg (1MB, 3024x3022px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1884.jpg
1MB, 3024x3022px
Got mine in!
>>
File: IMG_1887.jpg (1MB, 2948x2947px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1887.jpg
1MB, 2948x2947px
>>
>>6002422
Wow, he really does. I've always said that Revoltechs take some time and planning to pose properly and it's cool to see that viewpoint shared. Even if the poses in that review aren't amazing, the sentiment is totally on point.
>>
File: IMG_1886.jpg (1MB, 2870x2868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1886.jpg
1MB, 2870x2868px
>>
>>6003454
I always go for under 1mb but anywhere around that is good.
>>
>>6003454
I usually go for 1024 x whatever
>>
File: IMG_20161103_233559.jpg (670KB, 1140x1272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161103_233559.jpg
670KB, 1140x1272px
>superhero landing!
>>
>>6003840
>>6003875
Thanks for the help guys.
>>
How tall is revoltech deadpool compared to his ml version?
>>
>>6003978
I saw some photographs; they're about the same height when standing normally. The body proportions are a bit different though.
>>
>>6003305
Actually looks bigger, same as the knees. lok at some of the amiami pics and you can see the blue joints peeking out in some shots.
>>
File: IMG_1888.jpg (1MB, 2747x2746px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1888.jpg
1MB, 2747x2746px
>>
File: IMG_1889.jpg (2MB, 3024x3022px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1889.jpg
2MB, 3024x3022px
>>
Anybody else wish some of the figures Yamaguchi made earlier weren't made until now? His new style is really good and there are a few characters that I wish had the new articulation set up like Deadpool. Toyohisa would be even better if he had the hips that Deadpool has.
>>
>>6005795
I don't hate the revo jointed hips that much, works just fine.
I thought you were talking about like the first 50 revoltechs or something actually early.

His work today is the sum of his experience making all those past figures, so you really can't get one without the other. As for Toyohisa you can get SAS, at least you have that option for him.
>>
>>6005938
No thanks, the medicos looks like a Jojo character cosplaying as toyohisa none of the original style is left from the manga or even the anime.
>>
>>6005946
I was wondering about that. I don't watch anime of something when I'm reading the source manga so I assumed that was the anime's style.

I bet everyone will still say the SAS looks better in the end...

Anyways, my philosophy, look towards the future not the past. Another red samurai revoltech will come along one day. It's in Yamaguchi's nature.
>>
Made new one >>6006127
>>
>>6005953
It does look better but the articulation will be average.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.