[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I collect toys because it's a temporary solution of happiness.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

I collect toys because it's a temporary solution of happiness. Why do you collect, anon?
>>
>temporary solution of happiness

You are American, aren't you?
>>
>>5985870
Debt and sadness.
>>
>>5985870
I think I have a mental disorder, I have my entire life loved collecting things. Stamps, coins, rocks, video games, marbles, pogs, fucking bouncy balls and fly fishing lures. Toys are the collection I've held onto the longest. On and off for over a decade and seriously for a few years now.

I think toys are lasting because there are so many possible subcollections. Now that I have the entire 501st in Nendoroid form, I can move onto getting them as scales, or get more shinkis, or someting entirely different, so it keeps it fresh.
>>
>>5985870
My life is pretty shitty so I collect toys to help take my mind off things, but it's not really helping anymore
>>
>>5985900
yes why?
>>
>>5985870
I love fiddling and building shit with lego.
Action figures and more static toys i don't really buy and do a lot with anymore, but i can really appreciate the designs of some. Sometimes i use them as reference for drawings. I still love wacky japanese vinyls and the classic MOTU figures and other wacky monsters.
>>
>>5985870
I'm a semi-cripplefag so I can't leave the house much. Since I spend 95% of my time in this apartment I might as well decorate it with things I enjoy looking at (or at least that's what I try to tell myself)
>>
I like sculpting things. It's really just that simple.
>>
I have always been a Mechafag, so I have always liked collecting cool mechs. Recently got into "human" toys with the figuarts Kylo and Capt. America and the Big Boss from Vulcanbros. But mecha is where my heart is.
>>
I like buying cool things.
>>
>>5985870
I grew up as a spoilt brat, I demanded something from every outing, even forced friends of my mother who I was in their care to buy me something and threw a tantrum on them in response.

For a time it seemed like a distant memory, 2 vidya a year and I was seemingly content, then I got a job and now my wardrobe is overflowing in shit, shit I want to put on open display, but can't because I'm limited to one display cabinet and its got all my shitty gundams, from snapped with nail clippers doe just top coat jobs.

My passion is anything mechanical, transformers being my primary drive, I collect...just to have.

The underside of my bed right now is half unbuilt models and half transformers mp's that I want to save for when they have a proper place to be displayed, move out the shittily built models eh, not an option!

But yes, I'm a hoarder and I must appease my urge to have things, recently bought a jakks pacific darth vader 60cm figure that was on clearance for $20 and I got fucking nowhere to go with it
>>
>>5985979
Don't worry about it, anon.
He's probably some easterner trying to boast to make up for the fact that his country's being taken over and his women raped by refugees.
>>
uh I like toys?
>>
>>5986857
Pretty sure it's an asian, who is jealous of Americans being able to cheaply self medicate by overdosing on toys.

And i like buying toys because it's a fun way to entertain myself. It's an equivalent to watching TV or playing video games.
Or rather, buying and playing with toys are to act out scenarios I'd like to see on TV or video games.

It's a creative outlet.
>>
>>5986857
That's what Big Brother keeps telling you yankees..?
You are so cute..
>>
>>5985870
>temporary solution of happiness
I got diagnosed with depression yesterday and was put on some meds. The last time I remember being really happy was when I had a package come in the mail. Right now I've got a sad existence but at least I have figs
>>
>>5987722
I wouldn't take the meds. I didn't even pick up the prescription. The doctor prescribing actually made a joke about the awful side-effects, "You think you're depressed now?!"
>>
Because it's a hobby that brings small simple joys to my life. After shit hit the fan, I started ODing on this hobby in a desperate attempt to stay happy
>>
>>5985870
because i fucking love toys
>>
>>5987692
they;re about to end up under the thumb of TPP, jailed for life for minor shit, and they only care about overhyped Muslims "threats".

Tell me, if rape is so, bad, why do the anti-Muslims defend known rapist Adam "Zaush" Wan and Donald Trump so much?
>>
Because it's fun and it makes me happy. I enjoy getting toys that are fun to fiddle with like Transformers or Lego.
>>
>>5987799
>furry detected
>>
>>5985870
Gives me something cool to look at when I wake up and get back from work.

>>5985978
>>5987796
also these
>>
Well, the only time I was every really happy was when I was younger, and when I was younger I bought toys.

So now that im a failed adult, I buy toys to feel pretty much anything, it gives me a small taste of how my life used to be.
>>
I enjoy putting my favorite characters/designs into different poses and situations. A sort of fantasy fulfillment, I suppose.
>>
>>5987799
yiff in hell furfag
>>
I just like surrounding myself with things I like. A character that I love and have great memories from, some hot guy from a series/game I like or something I find adorable.

I was also poor and didn't own many things growing up. When I wake up and look at my figures, I feel happiness because I own this and no one can take that away from me.
>>
I can't really describe it but when I watch something I really enjoy I want tangible object that I can project my feelings onto.
>>
File: 1477478107874-1907307681.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1477478107874-1907307681.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>5987811
Pretty much the same but I like to collect a little of what ever I like at the time, so I can look back and see my tastes change over time.
Pic related
>>
That sweet, sweet hit that I get from buying something / obtaining something new.

I still only buy toys I really like though, I never buy a toy "just because". This way I can keep my elitist attitude of having the best toys while you plebs don't.
>>
>>5987692
They actually cover it up and try not to talk about it.
>>
File: 1382156937843.png (447KB, 494x568px) Image search: [Google]
1382156937843.png
447KB, 494x568px
>>5985870
Figures are poseable art that you can act out the wildest stories in your imagination with. I feel sorry for the people who think that's not cool.
>>
>>5985870
I hate my life and want to make other people jealous they don't have the things I have.
>>
>>5985870
If you aren't doing it partially for creative reasons then you need to re-evaluate your life
>>
For some reason figure collecting makes me happy in a way that other hobbies don't.
Not really sure why.
>>
There's something about looking at miniature shit that's just really satisfying to me and I have absolutely no idea what it is. Even with plushies, I prefer to keep things in 3" to 6" range.
>>
Less temporary than relationships thats for sure
3DPD
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.