[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bent Sword, will Kaiyodo replace it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2834.jpg (67KB, 1624x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2834.jpg
67KB, 1624x454px
So I recently bought the Revoltech Jizai okimono samurai skeleton from amiami, and the katana is all bent out of shape, as shown in the pictures. I tried the warm water/ hairdrier technique, but it always seems to bend back into the bent position. I was wondering whether anyone on /toy/ has any advice; is thera a way to contact Kaiyodo to ask a replacement? Would they even bother answering back to me? or am I just wasting my time and should just deal with it? that is if they will bother or am i just
>>
>>5985051
after multiple anons misused amiami's replacement policy, all they do now is refund 500 yen to you and i've never heard kaiyodo replacing anything
so yeah, you're pretty fucked
>>
>>5985051
>warm water
Mostly familiar with plastic and resin miniatures, but shouldn't the water be close to boiling? You run it or dip it in extremely hot water for 2-5 seconds (your sword is thin, so closer to 2-3) to get it pliable. Then you have a few seconds to position/brace/correct the shape, and then put it under cool water to get it to quickly set itself in the new position.

Warm water isn't going to get it hot enough to overcome the improper shape memory, which is why it keeps coming out bent when you use warm water or a hairdrier.
>>
>>5985096
boiling it can work, but it always depends on the plastic time.
Rubbery kind will return to its original shape.

Hard plastics are more iffy.
Some can deform and stay that way.
OP just seems to need to keep the shape in line. The best way to "remold it" is by sticking it inbetween a book in the shape you want it. you don't even need to boil it beforehand. Just a lot of pressure, so keep piling books or use a vice or weights.
Obviously, you only want the blade being flattened, not the handle or guard.
>>
File: IMG_2836.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2836.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>5985105
I was wondering wether i could place the sword flat between 2 small plastic cards, then hold everything together with clothespins to apply pressure. I was thinking of the just placing everything in a pot of near boling water, then rinsing everything with cold water., repeating the process a couple of times
>>
>>5985116
Keep it inside something that is flat. Don't use the clothes pins directly on the plastic, as they can cause bends or even indentions.
So yes, inbetween two plastic pieces.

I'm not sure how much force those clothes pins have, but you want something that can create a lot of pressure.
I usually use about 15lbs in small plates that are evenly spread across a hard cover book. Don't have plates? Create a tower of books.
Don't have books? you're fucking illiterate.
>>
>entitled clapistani ham handys, and might I add, abuse entire Japanese return policy like the typical cucks they are

No thank you
>>
>>5985138
>clapistani ham handys

I don't like replying to bait, but that gave me a good laugh.

I needed that, thank you.
>>
>>5985051
>superior nipponese steel
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.