[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Asian Doll Thread: Where does it hurt senpai? Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 88

File: where does it hurt senpai.jpg (101KB, 450x679px) Image search: [Google]
where does it hurt senpai.jpg
101KB, 450x679px
Last thread >>5969462

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>bjdcollecstasy.com
>bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
File: 20539976164_c10e15a431_z.jpg (169KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
20539976164_c10e15a431_z.jpg
169KB, 640x569px
>>5981976

Okay, so being out of the loop for almost a week (forgive my typos and shit)

>Kayke's new abominations coming to a nightmare near you

>Culur pulling shady shit and her customers are doormats

>Dudes of /bjd/ write novels on how they feel they are stereotyped in the community

>One anon tried to get us to approve of their shitting on Pintsizedpalace
Protip: We’re not your personal army.

>An anon bought SIO2 Ragdoll and may be having second thoughts

>Danny’s doing licensed animu characters…. With his normal basic headsculpts….

An anon wants to know what your favorite non-Volks owners/photogs are.
I'm guilty of liking Sarqq
>>
>>5981457
What the fuck is this metal tool?
I got a basic watercolor pencil set to try to get back into art and it came with one of these, I have no idea what it's meant for.
>>
File: grab1.jpg (2MB, 3440x1288px) Image search: [Google]
grab1.jpg
2MB, 3440x1288px
Lets start off with this again.
>*whistles*
>>
>>5981991
Well it says XACTO. Its an xacto hobby knfie without the blade. So its a pretend microphone?
>>
>>5982006
anon it has the blade in the photo.... its at the top
>>
>>5981991
have you never seen an exacto knife before? im not sure why it would have come with a water color set, other than some people sometimes use exacto knives to hand sharpen pencils instead of using a regular pencil sharpener. as far as i know, exacto knives are mostly used for cutting intricate designs into paper or other thin materials.
>>
>>5981521
>Not every outfit I put on them is supposed to be obviously sexy (obviously sexy = lingerie, not obviously sexy = a suit).
some might disagree with that...
>>
>>5982006
>>5982012
My eyes are worse than I thought, sorry guys.
I thought it was a metal tube, like what came with my pencils and I haven't got a clue what its purpose is.
>>
>>5982031
No, actually that was the most shitty 3 MB size photo I've seen.
>>
How do you make nearby doll friends?
I used to have a few back in the day, but I was pretty young and annoying so I'm sure I drove most away, so I have no idea how to make new pals.
I just moved to a new town and am kind of embarrassed of the hobby, but want someone to enjoy it with who won't think I'm weird or creepy for collecting dolls. I'm kind of from a small area so I don't know how to even go about looking for others?
>>
>>5982054
Join a nearby bjd group on FB. That's how I keep up with meetup dates so I can hang out with the friends I've made there.
>>
>>5981982
Nothing wrong with sarqq, good dolls
>>
So what's up with that person buying a Seolrok and getting a rock in the mail where are ppl hearing about that
>>
File: soulcalibur33.png (20KB, 864x258px) Image search: [Google]
soulcalibur33.png
20KB, 864x258px
Is this person okay?
>>
>>5982390
Clearly, it is because that demons really exist, companies must make dolls in their image to appease them.
>>
Back on last thread's topic, the thing that really creeps me out in the doll community isn't stuff like guys with slutty DDs, it's people in general who act like their dolls are real living people. The whole scene is stacked full of people RPing with their dolls in one form or other, often as obvious family/relationship surrogates, and sometimes in ways that just stink of mental illness.

Normally I'd be content to let them do their thing, but these same people are the ones who show up at every meet and make things awkward, and on occasion they totally take over sites and drive everybody else out. (That kind of happened with the Dollfie Dreams forum.)

I guess I'm almost as extreme in the opposite direction, though, and that probably makes me weird in the eyes of a lot of doll owners too. I don't even bother naming my dolls if the sculpt name isn't awful, and I don't do backstories or personalities or anything except on the most basic level. For me they're mostly just objets d'art and photography props and I rarely even handle them unless I'm changing outfits or taking photos.
>>
>>5982390
I hate that this is going to sound as fedora as it will, but man, the church really does provide a great place for schitzos to hide in plain sight, doesn't it?
>>
File: tumblr_mdg3wysNp01ri29zdo1_.jpg (278KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdg3wysNp01ri29zdo1_.jpg
278KB, 800x533px
>>5982502
>I guess I'm almost as extreme in the opposite direction, though, and that probably makes me weird in the eyes of a lot of doll owners too

Not weird, but feels a little like you mostly don't get the other type.
To them dolls are a canvas, and those characters have been there for years already.
Sure they RP with them...because that's probably their origin.

Some do take it a little too far though (like making Facebook accounts for their characters).
But regular RP, like on a board made for it, isn't that unusual.

"Your" type is still common, just less visual.
>>
>>5981976
>a BJD that's actually cute
I didn't think those existed. They usually have Downy faces
>>
>>5982522
You know, I actually addressed that in the original version of my post, and then decided it was tl;dr and shortened it.

Anyway, the kind of thing you describe isn't really what I had in mind. I know a lot of BJD owners are authors and things like that, and build dolls specifically to represent their characters. That's not unusual to me at all.

I was thinking more of the kind of people who talk to their dolls, post photo stories that involve their dolls talking to them and calling them "mommy" or "daddy," the occasional meet wacko who gets offended when you don't act like their doll is a real person (I'm sure we've all run into these people once or twice), that kind of thing.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-22-20-36-19-1.png (621KB, 1080x1526px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-22-20-36-19-1.png
621KB, 1080x1526px
>>5982185
I feel super bad for this girl. She got scammed big time.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477182998476.jpg (58KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477182998476.jpg
58KB, 960x960px
>>5982591
This is the doll she sent the scammer.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477183001674.jpg (47KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477183001674.jpg
47KB, 1137x640px
>>5982591
>>5982593
... and she was sent this in return. :/
>>
File: lewdnarae.jpg (123KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
lewdnarae.jpg
123KB, 600x750px
> tfw bimong follows you back on flickr and actually favs one of your pics

is this what its like when a senpai notices you? though... kind of didn't expect to see this on my dash. bimong needs to learn to hide his lewdness, old biddies are usually the ones buying naraes.
>>
>>5982588
Yeah, okay, those are definitely totally crazy and deserve that raised eyebrow.
And to them you probably seem weird, yes.

>>5982591
That shit's depressing...also wtf, a Buddha head?
>>
>>5982600
can i safely bondage a DD or do i wait until i get a resin
>>
>>5982680
It should be fine, just follow the usual rules about dyed material (I'd go with white, to be safe), use soft cord, and don't tie it super tight.
>>
>>5981991
Anon made me fall of my chair.
Its an Exacto Hobby Knife.
The metal tube that comes with your watercolour pencils might be an extension tube for grip.

>>5982033
Still enough for the blade to be distinct but shit quality 3mb photo is real.

>>5982054
>Inject some interest in your friends for dolls,
>lure them to love the hobby.
Good luck anon on your journey.
Sow some seeds of interest by displaying them in local conventions. I guess that's the only way for you if your town has less than 10K pop

>>5982680
Get a paracord, a proper one should not bleed its colours. Avoid silk, rayon and such. Boil the thing.

>>5982591
Poor anon... but would the police/post service even bother with this?

>>5982502
Would've been easier for most anons to understand if you said it like this. But yea those are real nutjobs, and would really put me off even though Im fine with RPs, but this is too much. I like giving names to my dolls or giving them back stories.

But yea way over the top, I finally understood you anon. Haven't encountered one but It would definitely put me in a tough spot.

I guess these said eccentric nutjobs really do catch attention to the public as the benchmark of owning a doll. And also give other doll owners a bad rap.
>>
>>5982600
yeah Bimong is going full Gentaro Araki recently, have you seen that life-sized crotch he sculpted with detailed labia? like whaaaat who are you marketing that at?

58cm Narae is some good shit tho. the price kills me, but i'm glad it exists, looking forward to owner pics.
>>
File: IMG_20161020_100017.jpg (130KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161020_100017.jpg
130KB, 636x960px
>>5983146
I posted in the last thread but I think I was late.
>>
>>5983146
>>5983181

I didn't notice last time, but looks like it's going to be a full lifesize doll. Getting into the sex doll market maybe?
>>
>>5983230
Considering how he posted progress pics of all of the 58cm body's parts, from rough to polished, it would be pretty weird if the first we saw of a full lifesize doll was a very polished-looking and apparently ready-to-cast lower body. Kinda thinking it's just going to be a crotch. Uses best left to the imagination...
>>
>>5983232
It says "160cm 1:1 scale girl's...", which seems to me like it could only indicate a whole doll. It also seems to have a shaft coming out the top, where an upper body could be attached.

Maybe it's easier to sculpt something like this in large pieces and then cut it apart to add joints, or, if it's really a sex doll, it might be cast out of silicone or something and therefore have to be done with a big jointless master.
>>
>>5982778
>Poor anon... but would the police/post service even bother with this?

If the owner presses things, they might. If it's over $1000, I'm pretty sure that pushes it into the felony category instead of something you have to drag through small claims court. I hope she has the sense to report everything properly, and let the thief know about it.
>>
>>5982390
Soulcaliber is touched in the head. She makes a thread complaining about quality for a doll she doesn't even own and was last seen claiming her doll might be haunted.
>>
>>5982591
How do people normally trade dolls...?
I'm from cgl and if girls trade dresses they set up a listing for each of their items, buy them for the same amount via paypal. So they arent losing money (well maybe small pp fee) and still getting covered with PP protection.
Do other hobbies not do this kind of thing or??
>>
>>5983670
Most smart traders do this, but also only the ones that have the cash to back it up. Putting $600+ in paypal for a trade might not be doable for some people. I would rather do that though, but I can see how it might not work with dolls that often. This scammer though, was pretty clever, they must have been doing this for a while.
>>
>>5983875
How can someone get away with this more than once though?
I mean, as soon as it happens the first time people will post about it.

>>5983670
It would be smart to do it like that, but often people trade because they can't afford to buy something.
How should they be able to 'buy' the thing if they couldn't afford to do so in the first place?

Trading is risky though.
I personally only trade with people I somewhat "know" (i.e. not some random person from a FB group).
>>
>>5983875
>>5983878

I guess that makes sense! Never really thought of that before. I would just assume someone who was into dolls not be absolutely broke, but I know that this isnt the case
>all those randos complaining about how poor they are but then buying doll stuff anyways.

Personally if it was me I would never feel comfortable with a trade unless it was with this method.
>>
>>5982591
trading with no feedback on facebook is so risky
my bff lost her doll the same way a few months ago
didnt even get a rock in return
>>
I've seen so many horror stories at this point that I don't think I'll ever sell or trade a doll except in person at an event.
>>
>>5984151
I've sold many of my dolls in the BJD Addicts sales group--got the payments and everything. I think what matter is that you should do your research before selling a doll to someone.
>>
Mirodoll offering 60cm bodies for $90. My head says no that must be crap but my wallet says it could be worth it.

Anyone got reviews or experience about their dolls/bodies?
>>
>>5985005
You get what you pay for, anon.

I mean, if you don't give a shit about posability and really just need a body for your head, then go for it.
>>
>>5985005
You would probably be better off setting up eBay alerts for any AoD, fantasy doll, Doll Family, etc. bodies/dolls under $150. Lots of them end ridiculously low.
>>
>Feeling bored with oldest doll
>Still has factory faceup
>Decide that needs to change
>Shop around, find someone who does what I want
>Send off head, pay lots of money
>Pics look great, head comes back
>Put head on doll
>0 to 100 on the creepy scale

I've never been creeped out by a doll before. The thing that scares me about her now are the eyes. The artist painted winged eyeliner at my request but now she looks like a mean, evil elf. She's an Iplehouse, the face paint is super realistic, but the size and shape of the eyes accentuated by the heavy eyeliner are right in the middle of the uncanny valley now. I can just see this doll going full Chucky on me.

I'd share photos but I don't want to shit talk the artist, who honestly did a really fantastic job.

pic related >mfw
>>
>>5985112
Post pics anyways, nothing about what you said was shit talking. You stated your opinion - the face up was great but unfortunately in person on the sculpt you feel it went too realistic.
>>
>>5985112
Post photos?

Btw it's all about the eyes. The more realistic the faceup, the eyes also follow. Like DD's look creepier with eyes meant for Resins.
>>
File: iplehouseee.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
iplehouseee.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>5985130
>>5985131
Apologies for the awful photo.

I think half the problem with the faceup was is winged eyeliner. It was a bad choice on my part. I'm also not a fan of the eyelashes and plan to eventually replace them. They didn't seem quite so... Doll Chateau-y in the photo, but irl it's quite strange to have ginger eyelashes and winged eyeliner. They're also the kind that just stick straight out as opposed to curving out in a 'natural' way, as well as being very, very long. I asked for blonde hairs but I didn't send the wig with the head, so the artist had no way of matching the colouring. So I will have to find a different wig to match better.

The artist did a really neat job, I'm blown away by all the tiny details. This photo doesn't do her work any justice.
>>
>>5985227
I see where its feeling off.
Eyelashes should be black.

If you wanted to keep a ginger look best have the wing liner off or a lighter colour for the liner no darker than brown. Also lighter coloured eyes.

But damn even in low quality pick I have a gist of the texture.
>>
>>5985227
Ooo that's definitely a case of a palette not matching up.
If you want her to look naturally ginger, the winged liner is way too black and should be, at most, a dark brown.
If you want her to look like made up ginger, then she needs "mascara", thus darker eyelashes.

You can see the texture on the cheeks though, it looks fantastic.
Kinda wanna know who did it.
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (240KB, 1610x1610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
240KB, 1610x1610px
>>5985302
>>5985318
It was Red Iris Atelier. She advertised on DOA but takes orders is etsy. She's really nice.

At this point the faceup stays but I can change everything else. I'll find a wig that matches better, I'm always hunting for better eyes and I'll get some black lashes. Will removing and replacing lashes damage the faceup at all?
>>
>>5985326
Also I was going for a blonde complexion but I didn't really get an idea of how gingery she was until I was holding the head. I didn't send a wig with the head so I don't blame the artist. Just looks like my girl is going to be a ginger or strawberry blonde now lol.
>>
>>5985326
Oh wow, I think she's pretty cute, but agree that maybe the eyelashes should be swapped with darker ones to match the eyeliner.

You may try to work on eye placement or get eyes a size smaller in >>5985227
It really makes a difference when the iris is angled more up into the eyelid in more natural looking dolls (and stylized dolls too). The guideline I like to go by is having the bottom of the iris barely touching or being maybe a little bit above the bottom lash line.
>>
File: tumblr_n3dn70NXjh1qlr64zo1_500.png (236KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3dn70NXjh1qlr64zo1_500.png
236KB, 500x337px
>>5985377
>>5985326
I think it's especially true for Iplehouse and other realistic sculpts to aim for a smaller iris size or go a size smaller. The smaller iris size can sometimes be hard to find due to the better eye makers being backlogged or the ones available just being uggo.
>>
File: 20151110210658615861.jpg (119KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20151110210658615861.jpg
119KB, 700x1050px
Anyone here know how good Myou Doll bjds are? Or have any pictures of their bodies/joints?

Pic related, it's the boy I've got my eye on.
>>
>>5985377
>>5985381
My other hobby is portrait drawing, so I know about eye placement. I'm having trouble finding anything that actually fits. The darker eyes in the first picture are supposedly 12mm. Every pair of eyes I buy seem to have a huge dome over the front and it makes it damn near impossible to get the eyes in and place them correctly. To place the iris just under the top lid you can't push the eye in all the way and you get putty around the edges or you can see into the head cap. Eyes frustrate the hell out of me.
>>
>>5986235
Anon you need to look specifically for low dome eyes. I'd also suggest looking at urethane eyes since they are usually made to order so you can request low dome or smaller irises.

Also I can't tell from your post but just in case you don't know, the eye size listed is the whole eye/socket size, not the iris. They aren't really related. Most doll eyes will default to oversized irises because most bjd (and the porcelain dolls old ladies collect) have oversized round wide eyes. So for realistic proportioned ones you need specifically made smaller irises.
>>
>>5986105
I hadn't even heard of them, but he looks nice.

>>5986235
Ouch, yeah, that is a pain. Like the other anon says, low dome eyes are your friend.

If you can find low dome small iris 12mm eyes, you'll have it made, but that's going to be pretty tricky. I might be able to dig up some links to sellers/makers tomorrow. I know DollBakery can do them, but holy shit she gets backlogged and her ordering periods are very short.
>>
>>5986488
>>5986579
Low domes! I had no idea, thank you guys so much. I'll certainly shop around. Each of my other Iplehouse dolls have a bit of trouble fitting high dome eyes, so I imagine I'll eventually get low domes for everyone. Any suggestions for shops or makers are highly appreciated.
>>
Best material to keep eyes in place?
>>
>>5986794
I like silicone earplugs the best.
>>
Im thinking about getting a limhwa half elf from junkyspot but im worried about the body being single jointed and posing like shit.
Does anyone have one that they can give me some advice?
>>
File: 20137311449594_lar.jpg (77KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
20137311449594_lar.jpg
77KB, 270x270px
>>5985381
Just realized this was what Doll Leaves were aping when they did this one. I think if somebody would look long enough, all their dolls would turn out to be derp versions of other companies' designs.
>>
I know everyone here hates pencil face ups so does anyone have any good acrylic paint tutorials? I keep only finding pencil shit on youtube and I tend to work better looking at videos versus photos.

I just wanna do a vanilla, non grainy face up on my Elfdoll who's been faceless for years.
>>
>>5986922
I own one, poses like shit.
Friend once said she's like a broom...can only stand when leaning against a wall or lying flat on the ground.
It looks nice though.

The face is gorgeous, unfortunately I have no clue if it's possible to hybrid it.
>>
>>5986984
Beginner? = give up and send it to someone for faceup, its a long journey if you're starting out.

Practising? = watch plamo/gunpla videos on how to mix paint?

Better have 00000 , 000, 00, 0 rounds and 1 flat
>oh gee so many zeroes

Where did you speculate that everybody hates pencil faceups. You get grains from using cheap ass pencils and bad spraying of clearcoat.

One of my doll has pencils for details and it aint grainy unless you're an inch away from the face. And I doubt a DSLR would pick it up. unless you have a D800 and a 105 nikkor macro
>>
>>5986984
It's not that difficult.
Dilute your paints, use a thin but shortish brush that's shaped like this /\ (like the small detail brushes from Games Workshop).
Wipe too much paint and roll the brush tip into the desired shape while doing so.
Then start painting.
Better do a light layer first, seal it, and then repaint the lines.

It's a good idea to learn painting lines on the headcap/some paper first too.
>>
>>5987003
Lots of people dislike them (I am one of them) but newer collectors often don't care. They love Andreja's/Culur's stuff and the new artists never bother to learn acrylics anymore.
Which is a shame since most of the skilled acrylic artists have been in the hobby for so long they start losing interest in dolls/taking commissions.
>>
>>5986699
Kok doll collection has super small iris and small iris. They have ebay and a webshop. MadamMauMau on DoA as posted a lot about small iris and low domes and where to find them so it might be worth taking a look at her post history.
>>
>>5987017

I was just about to suggest Kok doll on ebay. Easiest place to get low dome small iris eyes without having to pay out the ass for urethane eyes.
>>
>>5986984
again, xanthi's tutorials are pretty good. she has one just about diluting paint too.
http://jointedlove.blogspot.com/2014/10/faceup-diluting-paint.html
>>
File: myou14male.jpg (199KB, 700x1152px) Image search: [Google]
myou14male.jpg
199KB, 700x1152px
>>5986105
I don't know of any owner pics. I'd never even heard of the company before, but they look okay in promos at least. JunkySpot sells them, so they have more pics of bodies. You could try and search flickr/tumblr tags for owner pics, but it may be difficult.

>>5986794
I've found poster tack universal for pretty much any eye. I go for the lighter colored ones so it doesn't look strange in case there are gaps.
>>
>>5987384
Oh good, there's an option for a 3 part torso, so more poseability.
>>
Where are people finding photos of a Code Geass smartdoll prototype? Danny's twitter is so full of junk that I'm not seeing anything.
>>
>>5986105
I have a friend who owns one of the msd babys, she has pretty good posing but an odd arc in her back. Stands well, and her joints look good. I haven't gotten to play with her much though

>>5987384
Does the poster tack leave any residue?
>>
>>5985326
What is this dusty looking shit? LOL It looks awful. Is this what 4chan considers a good faceup?
>>
>>5988275
The photo anon posted isn't very good resolution, if that's what you mean by 'dusty looking'. It looks fine, from what I can tell. It's that textured skin style which has gotten popular.
>>
>>5987937
I saw it on facebook. It looks pretty awful. I think it was taken down or something because I can't find it now.

>>5988228
Honestly, no. I wouldn't use something you would knead or use a lot due to it eventually picking up oils in your hands (I have a wad on my desk to play with when I'm fidgety) but it picks out of the eyewells and sticks to itself pretty nicely. I have heard of darker putties staining silicon eyes.
Some tips:
>Don't use the silicon earplugs on silicon eyes
>No sculpy or similar clays on acrylic eyes (sometimes they will crack them; it's really weird)
Some people use clean kneaded eraser too. It does work in a pinch.

>>5988275
It's subjective as to whether it's up to someone's tastes, but the intended effect was skin texturing.
>>
File: 1312421977761.jpg (37KB, 400x447px) Image search: [Google]
1312421977761.jpg
37KB, 400x447px
>Browse dolls for sale because nothing better to do
>I never actually like anything I see anyway, what's the harm
>Oh, oh no
>Actually find a doll I love
>Actually a affordable price for the mold
>Don't have any money, can't even take out of savings with Christmas around the corner that I need that cash for
>Seller doesn't even ship to my country
>tfw

Why did I do this to myself /toy/?
>>
>>5986699
SK Cool Cat has Lauscher Glassaugen (or whatever it's called) that are hollow low dome eyes. You can order them small iris from the manufacturer, but have to pay shipping from Germany.
>>
>>5987000
Well that sucks but I'm glad I didnt shell out the money for something that poses so horribly.
I haven't been able to find a single sales post of just her head so I think I'll go with my alternate choice of a supia jiin.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>5987937

Link to stiletto chin of justice: https://www.instagram.com/p/BL5mg6GAx8K/

Most of his stuff is on Instagram. The head is...meh. There's promise if he actually took the time to mess with it, but considering the Girl und Panzer character was basically Mirai in cosplay, I don't have high expectations. Not to mention I worry for any male character bodies that don't have the noodle arm aesthetic.

>tfw you'll never see a decent Fate/Zero Lancer in any bjd form.
>>
>>5987003
>>5987006
I already do acrylic face ups on vinyl dolls and have a pretty decent handle on blushing and paint strokes, as well as knowing how to dilute my paint and building up layers. It's just BJDs are different in terms of scale and approach of layers like the eyelashes and shit, and the pencil faceups take waaaay too many layers to get the same opaque look of paint in fewer (but multiple thin) layers.

>>5987337
Thanks, this really helps with me visually understanding what to do and not just going by photos.
>>
File: 1477289083454.gif (1018KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1477289083454.gif
1018KB, 400x386px
Is it weird for a guy to collect BJD's?
>>
>>5989804
Depends. Are you a twink?
>>
>>5989819
No.
>>
>>5989804
Naw, Lots of guys have em , Some are weird guys some are not... Just like with the girls amiright??
>>
File: 6876576876547.jpg (92KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6876576876547.jpg
92KB, 1080x1080px
>>5988722
I wonder what his father thinks of him.
>>
>>5989836
I don't even know anyone that collects dolls. So I guess I'd be the only one in my immediate friends to do it.

Is this hobby a generally large investment?
>>
>>5989886
>Is this hobby a generally large investment?

LMAO
>>
I've seen a lot of people bitching about switch's holy soseo saying that the teeth don't fit and that it's not really that similar to his original sculpt. Did anyone here get one?
>>
>>5989866
I'm about to go to glorious nippon and heavily considering picking up an Eiji while I'm there. does anyone have a Smart Doll and do you like it?
>>
>>5989866
From the expression on his face and the reflection in the glasses, I have to assume Danny's mom is the one behind this picture.
>"Oh come on Jimmy he's having fun, support your son's waifu factory"
>>
>>5989886
>Is this hobby a generally large investment?
Anon, do you have hopes and dreams? If so you might want to reconsider because in a year or so you'll be buying doll panties by the dozen and wondering how things spiraled so low.
>>
>>5990235
>doll panties
Do these really exist? That doesn't really make much sense.
>>
>>5990243
Of course they do,why would you not give your doll underwear, especially with dresses? LEWD
>>
File: 1454254785608.png (801KB, 800x692px) Image search: [Google]
1454254785608.png
801KB, 800x692px
>>5990250
>why would you not give your doll underwear
What would be the reason I should?
>>
>>5990253
If they're in a dress or skirt, I personally put them on because I feel like not only does it protect their butt from getting scratched by the surface if they don't sit down on their skirt, but also that if the doll accidentally flashes someone, it's less gross.

I suppose on the latter point, it does the opposite for others.
>>
>>5990272
>protect their butt from getting scratched
Ahh, ok. That makes sense.
>>
>>5990250
>why would you not give your doll underwear

I don't. [no spoilers]I have them wear bloomers[/on /toy/]
>>
File: tumblr_nu67ieGwuX1rksyxoo1_540.jpg (71KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu67ieGwuX1rksyxoo1_540.jpg
71KB, 540x360px
>>5990243
...Is it really that weird that they do?
I mean, they are usually somewhat anatomically correct with a slit or tic-tac. Most don't have roasties, but you get the idea. Better to cover that up than to have to answer questions that make you look even more awkward in the hobby.

If you doll wears pants, they're not necessary, but with a dress, yeah, best to do that.
>>
File: tumblr_nhc7lpdfSa1rqsry2o7_400.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhc7lpdfSa1rqsry2o7_400.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>Get back into bjd hobby earlier this year
>Started off slow, bought a few dolls for good prices on the secondhand market
>Went a little overboard this month, spent about $400
>Bank sends me a letter to say my account was compromised and they're deactivating my card
Yikes.
Has anyone else's bank confronted them about their big spending on dolls? Mine didn't even question me, just told me they're deactivating my card and sending me a new one.
>>
>>5991500
>sending me a new one.
They are just being cautious, anon. Many people lose thousands due to fraud now days.
>>
>>5991500
This is not uncommon, large overseas expenditures freak out American banks. If you want to avoid it in the future call your bank and let them know you'll often be making large overseas purchases and i think they'll put some do-not-flag tag on your card or account at your own risk
>>
Heads up to this thread, I'm selling a BJD in the BST for $200 including shipping.

The doll includes a free bed, bat-wrap, wig, set of eyes, and extra string.

Polite sage.
>>
>>5991660
>selling a bjd
>$200

My bet's on it being a recast.
>>
>>5991687
No, just really ugly.
>>
>>5991500
mine just calls me to ask if everything is alright
>>
File: IMG_0623.jpg (402KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.jpg
402KB, 731x1024px
I want to get into the hobby but I'm not sure which dolls are the best? Should I just look at the different ones and see which ones stand out? Any recommendations? This one caught my eye.
>>
>>5991862
Thats a pretty nice Volks Ranko with modded eyes. Much better than Volks' originals eyes that came with that doll.

Depends on what you prioritize:

Realistic look vs Anime look
Posing well or not
Clothes and accessories availability
Re-sell value potential
Rarity
Staining vs not stain prone
Cost
Intended use, sits in a room vs go outside for photography

too many factors but the general consensus is, save up to buy the exact one you like.
Settling for less will usually make you lose interest and cause buyer's remorse.
>>
So Kayke is holding a giveaway on tumblr for a "vitiligo Coffee" doll. Not sure if you guys have seen it yet, but it looks glaringly fetishistic.
>>
>>5992106
looks like vitiligo coffee is $550 and the giveaway is mystery prizes
also im glad shes discontinuing coffee but we all know what the future will bring
>>
File: 1476259818722.jpg (647KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1476259818722.jpg
647KB, 2048x1366px
>>5991862
If you like the aesthetic of anime styled dolls like the one you attached, dollfie dreams are your best bet. I'd also advise you to check out the bjd thread on /jp/
>>
File: island_aggie_01.jpg (76KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
island_aggie_01.jpg
76KB, 531x800px
I wish somebody would save all the terrible Chinese mini owner photos out there, register hereiswhyyoushouldntbuyacheapbjd.com, and put them side by side with the promo photos.
>>
>>5992106
I wish someone would post caps of the racist stuff she used to say on FB, the fallout and the backpedaling by everyone defending her weird caricature-lookin dolls would be delicious
>>
>>5991938
I don't think her eyes have been modded, she's just wearing a different pair, isn't she?
>>
>>5992389
Gather the evidence and do it yourself. Make a throwaway account on Tumblr or something.

Wishing for something doesn't always mean the wish will come true.
>>
File: bjdegldress.png (2MB, 1284x480px) Image search: [Google]
bjdegldress.png
2MB, 1284x480px
My partner and I have been looking through taobao for the past few days trying to find a dress for my MDD. We have tried dozens of search terms and looked though every shop that might be related.
What I am trying to find is a MSD/MDD black gothic lolita dress. Preferably something with pretty clean lines. Pic related is, in order, a real dress that is similar to what I am trying to find, one of Volks Charlotte's BTSSB dress that I will never own but is also close, and a current Volks MSD outfit that is the closest that I have been able to find that is available.

Any how what I am really asking is if anybody know of some secret chines search terms for gothic lolita dresses because the terms that we have been pulling from cgl and toy taobao dictionarys and our google foo make it seem like what little there out there is really low quality. Or if anybody knows of some not volks outfits that are somewhat in the same vein that would also be appreciated.
>>
File: meh.png (3MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
>>5992448
Wow, looking for a black lolita dress IS much harder than you'd expect. I tried looking too but all the nicely made lolita dresses are pink, white and sweet.

Sorry anon, from the looks of it, gothic lolita isn't just as big in China.

I remember seeing some nice gothic lolita stuff from @istriazel on insta once upon a time, but it looks like she's only got casual dressed up on her store now.

Good luck on your search.
>>
>>5992448
I know Dollheart made some back in the day but they're all of the OTT ruffles galore style.
>>
Has anyone done doll choice from Iplehouse? Im thinking about doing it so I can get one of the EID heads on a YID body.
Advice?
>>
>>5992624
Don't.
Just because they offer it does not mean it works/looks good. The EID head will be waaay too big.
>>
>>5992633
As far as I knew they scaled it down with 3D printing? Is that not true?
>>
File: nyidgcombination_2eng.jpg (683KB, 600x1517px) Image search: [Google]
nyidgcombination_2eng.jpg
683KB, 600x1517px
>>
File: nyidgcombination_3eng.jpg (701KB, 600x1517px) Image search: [Google]
nyidgcombination_3eng.jpg
701KB, 600x1517px
I think it doesn't look too bad, but the SID head looks a little better.
>>
>>5992443
Well, yeah, obviously, ya patronizing ass.
The posts no longer exist from what other anons have indicated (I'm not even FB friends with Kayke anymore and can't check.)
>>
>>5992549
I wish that bottom right one was a human sized lolita dress. The pattern looks awesome
>>
>>5992640
Looks bobble-headed as fuck to be honest. The neck hole should have a big gap too.

And you will receive a regular EID head, no resizing.
>>
>>5992549
>>5992571
Thanks for the pointers, at least that supports the idea that I have not completely lost it.
>>
File: tumblr_ofru2ocv7c1rascg6o1_1280.jpg (35KB, 685x881px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofru2ocv7c1rascg6o1_1280.jpg
35KB, 685x881px
seeing kaykes new work literally had me laughing out loud
>>
File: tumblr_ofrsyn8U3Q1rascg6o4_540.jpg (39KB, 474x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofrsyn8U3Q1rascg6o4_540.jpg
39KB, 474x810px
I dont mind that shes trying to make a fat doll. But it looks like a freak mutation with that fat distribution. It doesnt look soft and its pinched in really fucking weird areas.
Also just me or is the belly button way to far up? if she has a fat tummy it would sag down a little with the fat.
>also those fucking witch hands
>>
>>5993316
Proportionally, the belly bottom is in the wrong spot, and there's no damn way a belly button would be that high on a big gal, because tummy sag.
>>
>>5993316
She looks like an overstuffed pillow
>>
>>5993312
>>5993316
She needs to stop while she's ahead. I can't believe people just eat this shit up.
>>
File: would be better.jpg (15KB, 339x255px) Image search: [Google]
would be better.jpg
15KB, 339x255px
>>5993316
I tried taking a red marker to this in Photoshop but all the errors are far to obvious to be worth it, and it ended with realizing far to late that I was just redrawing the whole thing.

From bottom to top;
I don't need to say anything about the feet.
Somebody forgot ankles exited.
Overall leg length is too short but lower legs are too long relative to upper legs.
The crotch is too narrow and over all to small apart form just being inaccurate.
Butt is to tight for is size, the line between the thigh and butt should be more defined
Thigh fat should extend further over the hips and close the gap between the legs more.
The small of the back should have more a curve to match the implied position of the spine.
The lumps above the thigh fat on the hips should be shorter and smaller.
As other have said the belly button should be lower and in general she should have more of a belly.
The love handles should be a little lower and not pinched like that.
The back love handles are too big for the over all perceived weight of the figure.
The boobs are uninteresting and their upper portion is too rounded to look remotely real.
The shoulder blades are an inverted lump mess.
Again there are fat deposit between the boobs and shoulder that should not be that big given the perceived weight of the figure.
Bionic man shoulder implants.
Upper arms are more or less correctly proportion (slightly on the more side) but it probably need to be toned back for the sake of poseability.
Elbow not defined.
Area between for arm and wrist appear elongated.
Nothing need to be said about the hands.
And I wont comment on the head because that gets too subjective, but c'mon there is plenty of beauty to be found in a body of this approximate weight. If is not obvious really irks me to see somebody trying to pass off a fallout mutant as a doll.
>>
>>5993286
Yeah the EID one does, but I think I'll go with the SID, its not too terrible. I just dont like any of the YID heads and the character that I need the doll for is tan and none of the other more realistic looking companies have a good tan. Its a sacrifice I am willing to make.
>>
>>5993316
What the fuck is anatomy
>>
Why is there such a large amount of default dollfiedream bodies being sold on japan yahoo that are listed for more than a new one from volks shop costs? What's the fucking point?
>>
>>5994005
Gotta get that sweet dosh.
>>
>>5992292
Judging by the eye makeup, these are Rin and Len, yeah? I kinda like that.

>>5992386
This looks like one of the MNF Juris to me
>>
>>5992386
>>5994561
>MNF Juri
I know some of them are ugly, but they're not that ugly anon.
>>
File: 1447224532427.jpg (120KB, 776x552px) Image search: [Google]
1447224532427.jpg
120KB, 776x552px
>>5993316
it's like someone took a bodybuilder and replaced the muscles with blobs of fat
>>
>>5992448
Here's one I think looks pretty cute. Not sure you'll find it on taobao, since it's Volks. But at least you'll know it fits the MDD right. And if you manage to find it, you'll have a full set.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/158556
>>
>>5994917
That's ita AF
>>
>>5994921
But anon, it's "oldschool" kek
>>
File: tfw derpy curator is a dollfag.png (625KB, 556x650px) Image search: [Google]
tfw derpy curator is a dollfag.png
625KB, 556x650px
>>5994937
That reminds me.... does Derpy curator lurk /toy/?
>>
>>5994561
Yeah, they are. I didn't realize how much I like Rin's sculpt until I saw this.
>>
Is it okay to leave your dolls out?I keep my doll out on my desk but I don't use fluorescent lighting and she isn't hit by direct sunlight. I generally don't move her or let anything touch her unless I'm playing with her.
>>
>>5996422

I leave all mine out all the time, so long as they arent in direct sunlight its fine. . The 'white glove society' keep all their dolls in boxes forever but If I pay out the ass for a doll I want to be able to display it.

Also 90% of bjds aren't going to be worth jack shit in 20 years so you might as well enjoy them now, they aren't collectors items or investments no matter what others try to believe.
>>
/BJD/, I know ya'll hate DenaliWind, but does anyone know where I can get clothes like the ones she shows in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpVgTfjoqpk

I love the tiny, detailed aprons and smock dresses but Arcadia Doll is long gone and can't find anything in this style, and I don't know what "era" to even look for to search for it. I'm looking for MSD/Slim msd sizes.
>>
>>5996545
I am also interested in this. I'm looking for regular MSD sizes.
I have a Luts Kid Delf and I'm not sure she can wear slimMSD since shes listed as MSD.
>>
>>5993316
>>5993312
I DIDNT THINK SHE COULD GET WORSE I DIDNT THINK SHE COULD GET WORSE WHAT IS THIS IM GOING TO SCREAM
>>
I'm relatively new to this whole thing. Trying to do a faceup on a resin doll. Sprayed Mr. Super Clear on it but it came out all splotchy... is the super clear too old? Did I spray it too close? I tried it twice and shit happened again. Any tips?
>>
>>5996943
How splotchy is splotchy? Did you shake the can well, spray it at around a foot away from the head and cover it in thin layers of MSC?

MSC is clear, so I can't imagine how it came out splotchy.
>>
>>5996943
Is it a new, full can? If it's mostly used up, or been sitting around a while, it might very well be too old.
>>
>>5996990
It has like, some shiny spots if you hold it up to the light.
>>5996995
It's been sitting around a while, so that's probably it.
>>
>>5997205
That sounds like how some of my cans got with age, even when they had plenty left in the can. They did that, or started shooting lots of white specks. I've given up buying from US distributors, I don't think they move stock quickly enough to keep it fresh.
>>
File: SIO2 Sheepy Accessories!.jpg (183KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
SIO2 Sheepy Accessories!.jpg
183KB, 600x800px
Turns out Culur actually did post some progress of the Sio2 Sheepy, on the 30th of September.
Also pretty sure the owner didn't want gold, but hey.
>>
Ughhhh. BlueFairy's August orders got delayed but they promised to ship them all out during the month of October. Here we are on Halloween and I have no tracking number. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>5997607
She said in her video she didn't want gold. But they grew on her I guess.
>>
File: PERSI_03.jpg (273KB, 650x930px) Image search: [Google]
PERSI_03.jpg
273KB, 650x930px
Anyone got their dolls into some Halloween getup? I always remember they don't have anything for the occasion when it's already to late.
>>
>>5992637
No it's the regular EID. I have never heard of them scaling things down. If it were, they'd probably list it as "YID (sculpt name)".
>>
>>5998145
Mine are dressed and some are going to be part of my Halloween display (behind glass)
>>
File: 201611011540.png (640KB, 1439x1534px) Image search: [Google]
201611011540.png
640KB, 1439x1534px
>>5993316
>>
File: IMG_5566.png (143KB, 547x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5566.png
143KB, 547x393px
>>5998891
I don't even collect dolls, but I'm laughing my ass off at this thing.
>>
>>5998891
Dude, she hasn't even printed and tested her and she's already taking pre-orders? This will be worse than Coffee.
I bet she thinks she has the worst part, sculpting, behind her...but using 3D means having to make lotsa test prints, adjusting the engineering afterwards and then sanding, sanding, sanding.
Haru will probably cry when they receive the doll.
>>
>>5993316
>>5998891

as someone who would love to see a fat doll (fat fetishist here), and was genuinely wondering if there were even thicc dolls yesterday, come on here... see this. i don't like mocking others hard work but this is really awful and the finished product is even worse. there is nothing realistic about those proportions , and not in the good way, it just looks really bad.
>>
>>5998937
It doesn't sound like she's using Haru. Says "new casting company"
>>
>>5998891
Literally horrifying. Everything is so wrong. I said nothing about coffee, i was too indifferent but this is nighmare alien fuel. Those shoulders, that belly button, a fat doll that still somehow has a fucking thigh gap...aaarg.
>>
>>5999078
I wonder if Haru turned her away
>>
>>5999107
>It doesn't sound like she's using Haru. Says "new casting company"

That would make my day.
>>
>>5999178
>>5999107
>I wonder if Haru turned her away

I meant this. The halloween theme on 4chan kinda fucked up my eyes.
>>
File: tumblr_ntxytzLz7Q1rvfyy8o1_540.jpg (55KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntxytzLz7Q1rvfyy8o1_540.jpg
55KB, 540x540px
>>5998937
She's using some kind of Russian casting service is what I got from her tumblr post about it.
>http://kayke-knadle.tumblr.com/post/152597038890/kaykedolls-hazel-pre-order-open-i-got-a-price

I'm really curious as to what size eye she'll wear. If she's going to be 1/4 scale, with tiny eyes like that, they're probably going to be 6mm or lower. Yikes.

I wish she would have a finished product in hand before she starts taking preorders. I mean, last week (maybe the one before) she said she would finish her last commission and then check into a mental ward or something. She probably did that for asspats, but I do think she legit belongs there. But naw, she's gotta work on #fat doll
>>
File: 2596871294509890347582.png (721KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
2596871294509890347582.png
721KB, 600x599px
>>5998891
What a trainwreck. What are those claws? Coffee's deformed hands look like a masterpiece compared to this abomination.
Also, what a nice pair of mongoloid eyes it has.

The price isn't too bad for a fatass doll like that. I expected it to be much more expensive. I wonder what garbage casting company she's going to use.
>>
File: Screenshot (83).png (18KB, 541x287px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (83).png
18KB, 541x287px
In one day.

Jfc
>>
>>5998891
Is that supposed to be 'curvy' or 'thicc' or something
Because it doesn't look like fat, it looks like she blew up random body parts on bodyvisualizer.com
>>
>>5998891
>>5999556

Just goes to show, you can get away with anything in this hobby if you have enough crazy followers.

Oakbottom, for all its short comings was still better than this and didn't fly, yet this monstrosity gets 3 buyers in the first day without a prototype? Unreal.
>>
>>5999556
And meanwhile Namonaki Workshop said they'll be canceling and refunding my Mikkel 2.0 pre-order because nobody else ordered one. I waited years for them to remake it for my Hannibal project and I'm really salty.
>>
>>5998891
LITERALLY full of tumors, there is nothing about this abomination that has vaguely human-like proportions.
>>
>>5999907
I honestly feel sorry for him.
He's a good sculptor, but not suited for the BJD community.
He should rather stick to the statues or 1/6 stuff and licensed work he does.

There is, yet another, Mikkelsen in the making, can't remember who makes it though (someone posted about it on their Tumblr a few weeks ago).
And Granado releases yet another head that looks oddly familar to Mads.
I am sure you can still get one elsewhere.
>>
>>5999999
>>
>>6000102
Are you talking about the Granado Mads head? Because I don't think it looks like Mads Mikkelsen at all. I think people are just seeing things that aren't there because of the name, honestly.

It is a shame about Namonaki though. I hope he(?) won't leave, because this community needs actual good artist sculptors to balance out Kayke's monsters. Maybe I should email Namonaki and suggest for him to make a fat and sloppy troll of a doll if it would make enough money to get my Mads made.
>>
File: 100_3190.jpg (3MB, 2500x1876px) Image search: [Google]
100_3190.jpg
3MB, 2500x1876px
i'm searching mdd body, What places do you recommend to get a second hand ?, I want to make a custom cute girl.
>>
>>5998891
Oh god, that's horrendous.
>>
Kayke has openend pre-order for her rat.
I can't get over " Available in White Strong and Flexible 3D Printing Material from Shapeways.

I can also paint the rat into a normal skin tone for $150."
This is Silverbeam all over again. Can't wait to see her fail painting it properly. I feel sorry for the people running into her trap.
>>
>>6000372
not the same anon, but I think this is what they could have been referring to?
>>
>>6000372
another pic
>>
>>6000457
Mandarake or Yahoo Japan Auctions are usually the go-to for second hand DD stuff, (other than perhaps the Dollfie Dreams forum and FB groups). The doll thread on /jp/ might have more info for you, though. >>>/jp/15981565
>>
>>6000372
Other anon is correct, I mean their new V-07 head.
I owned a Mads and still own an Andrew; both of them have details that can make you think of Mikkelsen, but only in a very stylized, fanart like way.
No way they look 100% like him.
However, the V-07 is probably as close as it gets without going for a straight Minimee like Namonaki did.

>>6000693
Aw man, I had already asked myself if she'd release that one.
Did she ever actually receive something from Shapeways?
The material is a nightmare to paint and sand.
I actually had a few materials from them that didn't like any sealant or paint at all.
MSC never properly dried on it, and the paint always was weirdly sticky and never properly hard either.
Not to mention all the lines or the sometimes fuzzy surface.

Only reason those other 3D printed dolls (like by Elleo or Eve Studio) are of good quality is because they put a lot of time finishing the prints.

At this point I really hope people will finally realize what a cheapass Kayke is.
>>
>>6000372
Blank pics of the new Granado V-07
>>
>>6000821
Lots of finishing time, plus they start with resin print materials.
>>
>>6000821
>At this point I really hope people will finally realize what a cheapass Kayke is.
Well it never happened with Silverbeam so I don't see it happening with Kayke either.

Does anyone remember the actually genuinely helpful and polite advice given to Silverbeam back on the DoD forum that she continued to be all MUH STYLE MUH PRICING during? And that Kayke was in fact there for it (I can't remember if she participated but it was height of her activity on there)?
>>
>>6001317
Oh, I member.

Speaking of it, I really miss DoD.
Not because of the community, which was mostly dead in the end anyway, but because it stored lots of shit that happened in the hobby way back.
Now you need to dig through Tumblr/DoA threads and hope posts weren't deleted already.

Anyway, I bet Kayke is so full of herself she thinks her stuff is way better, even if it's the same shit material and even if she will struggle painting it.
I hope someone buys the 150$ paintjob and it turns out to be a total disaster for both sides.
>>
which one of you is the one talking about abdl stuff in the confession thread? post pics pls
>>
File: chewedtfup.png (428KB, 516x625px) Image search: [Google]
chewedtfup.png
428KB, 516x625px
Neither.
>>
>>6001659
Had to look for it, but...I honestly can't imagine what anon is doing with their dolls.
Like, just putting diapers on them?
>>
>put doll on layaway with DDE from FL event
>immediately after an amazing deal on a LE comes up
>battle with decision forever
>finally decide to buy the LE in full, with a layaway on a FL doll I should have two or three months to pay it off
>transaction posts yesterday for the LE
>DDE received my FL doll and charged card in full for remainder of layaway today

ahahahahaha i love ramen noodle dinner time!!
>>
>can't find anywhere whether a doll's height includes the head
>have to wait until she arrives to check myself
J U S T
on the offchance anyone owns an M size full flection pure neemo body, can you enlighten me whether they're 25 cm with or without the head?
>>
>>6002769
Should be with head.
Just roughly measured mine and even with shoes it's ~21cm from bottom to shoulders.
Add a little for the neck and head and you should get 25cm.
>>
>>6002584
That and cute outfits, I'm hoping.
>>
>>6002787
wew, okay, thanks. I guess I'll have to find an L body to match a parabox head then.
>>
twinsies
>>
>>6003112
holy hell
>>
File: DSCF6165.jpg (246KB, 882x1125px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6165.jpg
246KB, 882x1125px
>>6003112
Whatever the intent was, it worked out.
>>
>>5998891
The bulging paunch of fat on her stomach really does it for me.
>>
File: tumblr_ofjh67r4Dw1rascg6o6_540.jpg (81KB, 540x793px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofjh67r4Dw1rascg6o6_540.jpg
81KB, 540x793px
>>5999894
its sad too because it seems like she can sculpt ok in zbrush its just her "style" that gets in the way.

then again i have no clue if zbrush does all the heavy lifting of 3d sculpting for you
>>
>>6003112
Tbh this is like the least horrible head she's done. I'd defy anyone to try and say this is worse than the million anorexic buck toothed dolls by russian artists. Seriously what is with this look.nanda why does russia love it?
>>
File: tumblr_og2w0qOjAg1rascg6o5_540.jpg (31KB, 513x746px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og2w0qOjAg1rascg6o5_540.jpg
31KB, 513x746px
>>6003330
its not terrible looking like her art dolls
>>
>>6003332
I agree with you. It looks exactly the same as those mongoloid looking popovy and clones of it. She obviously wanted to achieve that aesthetic and she did a good job of it. It's a million times better than Coffee for sure.
Now that aesthetic style is literally retarded looking and I hate it with a passion but that's people opinion to decide for themselves.

My question is that, is the doll >>6003112 cast in resin or the 3d print material? how did she do a faceup on it?
>>
>>6003112
Her narcissism amazes me...
>>
File: PICT0756.jpg (635KB, 900x544px) Image search: [Google]
PICT0756.jpg
635KB, 900x544px
>>6003332
it's not that people love it, it's just the artist who """"invented"""" it shilled her dolls everywhere and others assumed it's what popular and started copying her. Plenty of pleasant looking art dolls exist in commielands too, they just don't get as much attention.
Coincidentally found a picture of some HIGH TEST too (though they are figurines/display dolls I suppose).
>>
>>6000713
>>6000715
This head looks a lot like Mads Mikkelsen, yeah, it's probably the one they meant. Granado even has his promo pics with a decapitated head. It's nice, maybe the anon whose Namonaki head got cancelled (that sucks btw, my sympathies) can get this one instead.
>>
>>6003480
Those chubsters are adorable, reminds me of that photoset of 'plus-size pinup art' that goes around tumblr. Man, we need whoever made those to make a fat BJD instead of Kayke's thing.

But I have to politely disagree that the wideset-tiny-eye and bucktooth-giant-lip style being discussed isn't popular or in demand. People are willing to pay huge $$$ for it, so by that measure alone, it has a great deal of fans. That and the tiny waist big hips Enaibi-aping style are probably the two most marketable art doll styles out there.
>>
>>5996545
>Arcadia Doll is long gone
Wait, WHAT?! Oh no! That is so unfortunate, I would have thought they could stay afloat, since other highly skilled pricy makers like AyuAna seem able to stay in business these days.
>>
>>6003355
Seems like a polished print of it?
Seems surprisingly smooth, at least from afar (it's her Almond sculpt).

The video of her “muscular“ body made me shake my head though.
FFS, does it really kill her to look at references first?
That body looks creepy af and not human at all.
>>
>>6003355
Same anon, hate that mouthbreather retard look, but at least it's less of a mess than Coffee was.
3D sculpting is a lot easier than sculpting by hand though, especially for someone who is unwilling to sand their shit.

>>6003332
I think it's because it's a popular aesthetic with certain fashion model types too. Lots of the high fashiob models are actually not pretty.
They are thin, kinda boyish, and have this soulless, mouth open, teeth gap face.
Since the russian dolls often have this ridiculous high fashion vibe going on with their clothes/wigs the faces tend to match that.
>>
File: 9986eef13fb21c5be8ef46160fc69a44.jpg (227KB, 930x1240px) Image search: [Google]
9986eef13fb21c5be8ef46160fc69a44.jpg
227KB, 930x1240px
>>6003586
It seems like the best people in this hobby are always just passing through.
>>
>>6003691
Or more like the best people in this hobby have a bad tendency to eventually take a bunch of money/more orders than they can handle, and then vanish without a trace. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Their stuff was beautiful, but they fucked over a lot of people.
>>
>>6003480
I want the fat ballerina and the lolita/stripper so badly. Someone make a fat Phicen type doll please.
>>
>>6003691
Shit this head might just be perfect for the 70s/80s anime look I desperately want.
>>
>>6003950
Ballerina is literally the cutest thing.
>>
>>6003700
Oh?
I always liked their stuff but was also surprised to hear that they vanished.
Haven't heard anything about them fucking over their customers either.
What a shame.
>>
>>6000713
Oh no, I didn't know about this one! I like it alot more than the Namonaki Mads. But I already emailed Namonaki begging them to make the head and they're doing it now but practically just for me because I wanted it so bad. I can't very well cancel the order after that, can I? :\
>>
Anyone with experience on Volks heads on Iplehouse EID bodies?
Do resin colors match well?
Does the iple neck fit the volk's head?
>>
>>6004594
No and no.
Iple NS is very pinkish, same for their WS.
And even if Volks have huge heads their neck holes aren't unusual big.

Also anon, next time specify what exactly you try to match.
There's a huge difference between male EID and female EID.

>>6004549
Hm, yeah, would be a bit if a dick move now :(
Besides, the V-07 is lottery only to former Granado customers.
So might be that you cancel now and then don't get any head.
>>
Has anyone used Purity Seal before? I've been using it and while I like it a lot it seems that it's a very grainy finish? Anyone else have this issue? It may just be from the weather.
>>
>>6004815
Purity Seal was for a while the best sealant for tanned dolls.
It didn't frost, even after several layers, even on the darkest skintones.
The cans are big and cheaper than MSC too.
Personally I only used it for tan because back then it was so smooth it was difficult to paint on acrylic paint and pastels didn't stick that well.

Unfortunately there was no true flat option and GW fucked up the formula with their newest cans.
It's a lot less stable now, likes to frost and bubble and the surface is weird.
Total shame, but I personally don't use it anymore.
Just can't risk using it without an issue for a whole face-up just for the spray to act up on the last layer.
>>
>>6003480
Do you have any links to said art dolls in commielands?
>>
>>6004549
You made them go out of their way to give you special treatment, and now you want to cancel?

Congratulations, you're the type of speshul snowflek entitled customer that kills doll companies.
>>
>>6004946
Anon is saying they specifically won't cancel because Namonaki is being so accomodating to them, so that's sort of uncalled for.
>>
>>6004549
I'm going to be honest. If they wait until Rogue One (the new Star Wars movie) comes out and gains hype and they should be able to get far more preorders for a Mads head, since he's going to be in the movie. You might want to relay to Namonaki. Tumblr ate up everything from The Force Awakens, I'm pretty sure they'd do the same with Rogue One.
>>
>>5994940
Man I really need to buy some Derpy fabric.

>>5998891
Man the proportions are so fucking off.
>>
>>6005421
I'm honestly not sure about that. He released him while Hannibal was still the shit, and he still barely sold any. Granted, back then it was because of the skin texture, but there wasn't much interest in the smooth version either.

Problem is, he's actually a little too good.
His stuff is too realistic for BJDs, with their smooth and young bodies and all other dolls being the same.
Minimees already looked weird, but with them you had a “less realistic“ option and their biggest issue was mostly the huge af heads.
His heads are a little too demanding when you want the doll to look good.
>>
File: adv199-uvb45.png (691KB, 800x509px) Image search: [Google]
adv199-uvb45.png
691KB, 800x509px
>>6005844
>His heads are a little too demanding when you want the doll to look good.

The same can be said of Natrume and Simply Divine, and they don't have any problems?

I guess commissioning a good artist to paint your dolls is becoming extinct compared to watercolor pencil everything, which definitely isn't going to look good on a realistic head. But when has that stopped anyone on any head?
>>
File: 14082958389_dac8354009_b.jpg (212KB, 1024x941px) Image search: [Google]
14082958389_dac8354009_b.jpg
212KB, 1024x941px
>>6005966
>The same can be said of Natrume and Simply Divine, and they don't have any problems?

Naw, because they don't look crazily realistic. They are still somewhat stylized.

But when you have a super realistic, 1 to 1 version of a real human being (in this case, an actor) it's not enough to just buy the head and let some random artist paint it.
Especially when you want them to look like a certain character.

You need fitting eyes (correct size and texturing), a proper wig (as in, not some cheap fiber wig but a hand made one that looks like real hair made for the head), a realistic face-up, fitting clothes.
Not to mention that the body will still look somewhat weird because BJD ones are always so smooth and stylized.
Especially bad when, like in case of the first Namonaki heads, the heads already have casted textured skin.

Unless you are really invested in it and are willing to go the extra mile you will just end up with a super realistic head looking all weird on its body.
>pic related
>>
>>6006015
Adding: The latter is btw a reason why I started disliking lots of 1/6 figures.
The faces were breathtaking and in some cases painted really well...and then they all have those wonky and fugly bodies, or bodies with extra hands that don't fit stylewise.
Just looks weird.
Destroy the illusion.
>>
>>6006015
Wow this looks really bad. I think a fitted wig would help a lot and maybe some skin texture on the neck to make it match the head. Really drives home the shortfalls of a realistic sculpt for BJDs, even though the actual sculpting work is very skilled.
>>
File: tumblr_mpchgaFd9v1rfkphwo1_.jpg (284KB, 887x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpchgaFd9v1rfkphwo1_.jpg
284KB, 887x600px
>>6005966
Is there a picture of the full doll? The head looks really good, but I am curious to see how the end result looks like.

>>6006015
Yeah, that's just...really unfortunate. Even if you ignore that bald triangle in the wig it just looks off.
>>
File: IMG_2545.jpg (828KB, 2191x2921px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2545.jpg
828KB, 2191x2921px
This is a pretty cute event head. Got it in today.
>>
File: OkitaSouji_FU.jpg (41KB, 866x582px) Image search: [Google]
OkitaSouji_FU.jpg
41KB, 866x582px
Customer just told me that the face-up I did for them a few months ago started getting fine cracks in the sealant.

This is pure nightmare fuel for me.
It's the second time this has happened (first time was one of my own heads) in 8 years, but now I am all paranoid.
I actually had planned to open up slots again soon after a long time of working off my waitlist, but now I am not so sure anymore. Maybe many more face-ups are broken without me knowing, because people didn't see it yet or never bothered to tell me.
Fuuuuuck.
>>
File: IMG_0419.jpg (2MB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0419.jpg
2MB, 4000x2248px
I only really have one local doll friend, so we decided to do a few pictures.
>>
File: IMG_0424.jpg (2MB, 2248x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0424.jpg
2MB, 2248x4000px
>>6006798
>>
>>6006250
Is it just me or is this just the FLAM head with elf ears
>>
>>6006798
Please do yourself a favor and go post on tumblr. This is not the place for you.
>>
>>6006798
>>6006800
Why do you want a wheelchair doll?
>>
>>6006070
what head
>>
>>6007241
says right on the picture, nabarros Har. not in production, she only does very small runs of her heads and har was done years ago. her heads are impossible to get in the second hand market
>>
>>6007259
ah damn
>>
>>6007219
Cripples can be cute.
>>
File: tumblr_mikkehz2HO1rnydp8o1_.jpg (154KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mikkehz2HO1rnydp8o1_.jpg
154KB, 640x640px
>>6007259
Wouldn't say impossible but yes, they are hard to get and expensive af usually.
Unless you manage to get a head during her pre-orders expect to pay out of your ass for one.
>>
File: IMG_4824.jpg (25KB, 575x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4824.jpg
25KB, 575x383px
>>6007266
Are they cute because they are cripples or are they cute despite being a cripple?
If it's the first that's just weird.
>>
>>6006296
For what it's worth, a few years ago, I did about 8 or 9 faceup at once, and one of them did the same thing. But it was only one.
>>
>>6007295
and even at pre-order arent they expensive? i think sumner was $200, if you're looking to get any of her previous heads, particularly har, you're looking at near $100 im sure, as sumner already has a $500 asking price
>>
File: dollfeels.jpg (202KB, 930x616px) Image search: [Google]
dollfeels.jpg
202KB, 930x616px
>>6007454
near $1000 i meant, sorry i missed a zero.
>>
File: tumblr_m7618zTfF81qlr64zo1_.jpg (178KB, 640x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7618zTfF81qlr64zo1_.jpg
178KB, 640x494px
>>6007454
200$ isn't thaaat much considering she can only produce so much as a single artist, they are limited + don't they come with those pretty wood boxes and everything?
I mean, Little Monica wants 120$ for a regular blank SD head.

No clue how much her older heads go for, since they rarely go for sale.
Wouldn't go as far as 1000$ though, that's more crazy Volks territory.
>>
>>6007484
I've seen some har's go for $600 in 2014, and one complete doll on a dollshe DSAM body was in the sold dolls archive for $2150 in march of this year, which is absolutely insane.
>>
File: 30074423740_8fd37fe908_c.jpg (145KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
30074423740_8fd37fe908_c.jpg
145KB, 533x800px
>TFW Kirsten Stewart mini me head is made

I can't for the life of me understand why so many people are fixated on her. She would only be beautiful by 10 PM at Walmart standards, she can't act, she's not charismatic at all. But even Tonner launched a line of knockoff pseudo kstew dolls.
>>
>>6007655

Because preteens think twilight is actually a good book series? I have no idea and yeah she's not hot either. It's like when people say sarah Jessica Parker is beautiful and I want to know on what planet is that true.
>>
>>6007680
Twilight is ancient as far as kids are concerned. That was my teen years, and I'm damn well pretty close to my 30s.
Kristin Stewart is loved because she's a snarky bi (?) woman and that's all that's needed to sway teenage girls.
>>
File: Sarah-Jessica-Parker-2.jpg (452KB, 800x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Sarah-Jessica-Parker-2.jpg
452KB, 800x1213px
>>6007680
She wasn't even pretty pretty when she was younger. I'm actually sort of surprised nobody has ever done Sex and the City dolls. It seems like Tonner would, they even did Big Bang Theory. 75% of Tonner female dolls have man face anyway, so SJP would be perfect for them.
>>
>>6007793
I think Hasbro would be able to make a realistic face for a SJP doll, what with all the horse-related merchandise they make.
>>
>>6006296
that actually looks interesting in a "bad guy after dark magic overdose" way.
>>
File: msccracks.jpg (443KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
msccracks.jpg
443KB, 980x980px
>>6008042
Yeah, cause those cracks are painted on and, uh, on purpose (also not my work).

What happened to my customer is more similar to pic related.
Took the pic from someone who made a long blog entry about the issue.
It basically looks like very fine lines all across the dolls face.
Looks cool if you want that cracked porcelain aesthetic...except that it makes the face-up peel off.
>>
I finally saw a Miku and Len in person yesterday. I really want a DD now, they are much more so adorable irl
>>
>>6007655
Woah this looks like some terrible DC knock off.
>>
File: P1012928_20101210193657.jpg (242KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
P1012928_20101210193657.jpg
242KB, 450x600px
I'm placing my order for my first doll this evening.
I've been in the threads asking questions for a few months (almost a year?) now.
I'm going with a KDF I've got most of his clothes, shoes, wig cap, wig and whatnot picked out.
I am having a hard time finding boys underwear and plain basic pullover hoodies.
Could anyone lend me a hand yet again?
>picture not really related.
>>
>>6008553
Try Etsy. Just be careful of the size. since minifees are so popular there is a lot more (or seems like there is) slim msd sized items available than just regular msd. I think there is a slight difference but I don't have one of each so I can't really test it.
>>
>>6007219
Why not?
Also, i'm in a wheelchair, so yeah.
>>
File: 20161106_215310.jpg (65KB, 450x750px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_215310.jpg
65KB, 450x750px
>>5998891
She decided to give her a "sister" named Coco.
>>
>>6008658
Why is it like this. Her hands especially? Wtf.
>>
>>6008663
I don't know. I think this doll looks even worse then the first one.
>>
>>6008658
>Those built-in stretch marks.

Also, does it bother anyone else that the top of her forearms are jutting out like that? On top of a laundry list of other things, of course.
>>
>>6008741
>>Those built-in stretch marks.
they probably won't be visible on the final product anyway since she's 3dprinting
>>
>>6008658
>Girl you need to see a doctor, your toes are broken
>>
>>6008658
the flab is too realistic to be appealing.
I'm sure it's possible to make cute chubby dolls by not trying to be realistic with proportions. And not having them too fat.
>>
>>6007793
SJP has an elegant thin body, that is all.
>>
>>6008920
>too realistic
> bellybutton permanently fixed to the epigastric region
>literally every other aspect of this hot mess

Get out of your parent's basement and go look at some actual humans.
>>
File: transformer sees THICC.jpg (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
transformer sees THICC.jpg
17KB, 256x256px
>>5998891
>>
File: bored.jpg (342KB, 1247x815px) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
342KB, 1247x815px
>>6007457
doll feels
>>
File: kayke.jpg (27KB, 450x750px) Image search: [Google]
kayke.jpg
27KB, 450x750px
>>6008658
Here Kayke, I fixed it for you.
>>
>>6009003
i don't think that's enough to fix it
>>
File: thoughts.jpg (522KB, 1986x1722px) Image search: [Google]
thoughts.jpg
522KB, 1986x1722px
kek
>>
>>5981976
One of OP's links is broken.

>bjdcollecstasy.com
Should be
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/

Next person to make the thread, please fix, thanks.
>>
File: elitist doll bitches.jpg (111KB, 550x518px) Image search: [Google]
elitist doll bitches.jpg
111KB, 550x518px
>>6008553
dollmore has some plain basics that won't wreck your wallet, but I would only hop in if there's a group order going on to save on shipping (they have free shipping if you spend over a certain amount iirc-- like $500-$1000)

>>6008658
Those knees do not look very functional-- much like the Iplehouse knees.

>>6009207
Shit, I never noticed that typo. Thanks. I'll update it for next thread. We still have at least 30 posts until we hit limit.
>>
File: 322.jpg (36KB, 602x484px) Image search: [Google]
322.jpg
36KB, 602x484px
>>6009239
>Those knees do not look very functional-- much like the Iplehouse knees.

The new iple HIDW knees appears to be good..
>>
>>6008658
thats not how a fat belly works at all :/ literally looks like a bloody kangaroo pouch. she's got a giant hernia and her intestines have spilled out.

The fat should sit more like a tire around the hips rather than a pouch on the abs. The issue with fat dolls is that the fat ideally sits on top of the thighs as well, to look more realistic. That puts a spanner in the works for any kind of leg articulation. Fat is pliable, it moves when you sit down, resin does not.

If you were gonna do a chubby doll you'd have to dial it right back and probably go out wider for a "curvier" figure and less stomach fat.
>>
>>6009001
Is this what he does all day while Office-chan is at work?
>>
>>6009944
I wanted to give him some empty beer bottles too for that pic. He falls asleep and dreams. Then Office lady comes home and starts with him for not cleaning the toliet.
>>
>>6008566
>>6009239
Thanks guys, I found some cute stuff on both sites!
I have two more questions if you all don't mind.
When I send payment to Luts should I do it as gift or payment for goods?
Also about how long should do you all think a KDF with a custom face up take?

>sage for wanting to be spoon fed.
>>
How has no one mentioned this?
Kayke needs to stop.
For all of our sakes.
>>
File: No no no.png (182KB, 660x829px) Image search: [Google]
No no no.png
182KB, 660x829px
>>6010232
Whoops.
Point still stands.
>>
>>6009001
same.
>>
>>6010235
Kek. Nice "workout lines".
Seriously though, what kind of clothes could you possibly use for these monstrosities?

>>6010217
I have not bought anything directly from Luts in a very very long time. I would still pay for it as goods, even though they have always been pretty reliable to me. They say the faceup will take 4-6 weeks more than normal time on the site.
>>
>>6010217
Only do gift payments when you don't need protection through Paypal, like when you send money to a friend/family member/ don't buy any goods or services.
Always use payment for goods when you shop.

How long shipment will take is difficult to say.
Event time/people shopping for holidays can delay shipment.
I'd say expect at least 45 working days, if not 60.

Christmas Event season will start soon, maybe you should wait with your order to get in some discounts or free gifts.

>>6010235
Why is she so fixated on tiny waists?
It seems like no matter what body type, they all need to have that, even if it makes zero sense.
>>
>>6010235
it's absolutely uncute.

I guess SJW fetishize uglyness even for dolls.
>>
>Tfw someone messages the seller first for the doll you really want
The worst is when you see a beautiful doll for sale with a wonderful faceup, and the buyer wipes it to paint their amateur shit. I understand that it's their doll now, but it physically pains me.
>>
Is the Yahoo Japan Auctions aleado site legit? Can I buy directly through it?
Also, how do I tell if a seller will ship to the US?
>Sorry for needing to be spoonfed
>>
>>6010862
Use a proxy/bidding service like you would on taobao. Whenever I've looked at auctions a service winds up being the ad on that page. Proxy will ship it to you.

>>6010235
I get being proud of one's work, but daaaamn not everything you sculpt has to be released, shown off or sold.
>>
>>6010235
what the fuck are those elbow joints?
>>
File: 1372387052977.jpg (116KB, 752x682px) Image search: [Google]
1372387052977.jpg
116KB, 752x682px
>>6010235
Holy shit.
>>
>>6010862
>>6010987
Has anyone used Buyee before that can tell me if I'm going to get scammed?
>>
>>6012472
Buyee is a third party that handles communication in japanese and sending/receiving your item.

Buyee isn't going to scam you.
Chances are, its the seller that scammed you.
>>
>>6012472
I've used Buyee to buy from amazon.jp that wouldn't ship internationally. Pretty decent. Save for shipping costs considering the cost of the item I bought.
>>
File: tumblr_oga56qlRW11rascg6o4_1280.jpg (255KB, 1280x733px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oga56qlRW11rascg6o4_1280.jpg
255KB, 1280x733px
So the dolls are getting sanded right?
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-10+at+03.04.54).jpg (235KB, 734x881px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-10+at+03.04.54).jpg
235KB, 734x881px
>>
File: ick.jpg (15KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ick.jpg
15KB, 320x180px
>>6013462
Dem Fingers....
>>
>>6010235
That belly button looks 10x more lardass than the one on her actual fat doll.
>>
>>6013462
Looks like a fish women monstruosity straight out from a Lovecraft novel.
>>
>>6013462
That torso looks like it was sculpted from play-doh. Also, she should use modular pre-posed limbs, like those Neemos, so half the arm isn't a gaping hole.
>>
>>6013462
Is she THAT mentally challenged that she doesn't realize how horrible those fingers look? Especially on a fatass doll like that?
>>
>>6013459
Usually yes.

With Kayke being the lazy person she is I wouldn't put it past her to primer it once, realize sanding that material smooth sucks, adding a second layer of primer and hoping that's enough.

Also those fucking hands.
Limwha already stressed that shape to a degree it barely works.
Hers are just nightmare fuel.
>>
>>6013805

Man fuck that I actually like the lihmwha hands kaykes are disgusting.
>>
>>6013917
I have one myself, which is why I said it works...kinda. In some angles the fingers still look weird af though.

Kayke's are a total mess though.
>>
File: 351455_Arthritis-1.jpg (10KB, 435x275px) Image search: [Google]
351455_Arthritis-1.jpg
10KB, 435x275px
>>6013917
Yeah, Kayke's doll hands are akin to arthritic old peoples' hands. They're ugly and hardly functional.
>>
On the subject of Kayke's monstrosities. Shes selling that damn bjd rat she made for 120$. She is just milking this cow dry.
>>
>>6014623
As awful as it looks, it's still nowhere near as bad as her "human" bjds.
>>
>>6013462
I'm guessing the people defending her are those people who mindlessly scream 'RESPECT ARTISTS!!!' in each and every case but... come on. Surely, lines must be drawn when artists don't respect the craft enough to do any fucking work on refining their product. There's respecting an artist and letting an artist just treat their customers like stupid chumps.
>>
>>6014623
The rat isn't too bad

It looks like baby's first polymer clay art bjd but at least it's not as much of a lumpy mess

>>6014695
It helps that she's pandering to a certain demographic that's so desperate for thic and brown dolls that they'd take anything
>>
>>6013805

>With Kayke being the lazy person she is I wouldn't put it past her to primer it once, realize sanding that material smooth sucks, adding a second layer of primer and hoping that's enough.

On top of that, sanding 3D printed stuff takes WAY more work than sanding something made of clay or some shit like that.
She really needs to learn to FINISH her shit before she starts taking peoples money.
>>
>>6013462
She's trying to make her dolls as ugly as her I guess lol
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478847803482.jpg (60KB, 1315x1354px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478847803482.jpg
60KB, 1315x1354px
>>6014623
The infuriating thing is that you can tell she is moderately skilled. She's just too fucking lazy to Polish her work.

I want to ask if she seriously thinks people are stupid, but then you see a fuckton of people wanting to buy that shit.
>>
File: IMG_0779.jpg (327KB, 1535x1535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0779.jpg
327KB, 1535x1535px
???? The pinky finger???
>>
File: rozenmaidenpullip.png (796KB, 792x507px) Image search: [Google]
rozenmaidenpullip.png
796KB, 792x507px
I meant to ask about Pullips here but I accidentally posted it in the non-bjd thread because I'm drunk. I also addressed it 'hey niggers' so fml lol BFB senpai please notice me good thing this is 4chan and most of you probably go on both the threads. copy paste re:Pullips below

-Do they have rooted hair?

-Do standard models have replaceable eyes? What size?

-What size clothes do they wear? (like pure neemo)

-Do they stand up on their own/are they more poseable than a Barbie?

-Where do the customisers usually sell their pullips? Is there a DOA equivalent for Pullips or a FB group?

Thanks guys, I love each and every one of you.
>>
>>6014971
Dude, most of that can easily be found via Google and in every blog entry about "What are Pullips" (like https://pullipsandjunk.com/pullip-faq/)

Anyway, have nothing to do so here you go:
>-Do they have rooted hair?

The very first ones did, but nowadays they wear wigs.
Those wigs are glued on though.

>-Do standard models have replaceable eyes? What size?

Pullips have a eye mechanism inside, that makes it possible for them to close their eyelids and move their eyes.
The mechanism sticks out at the back of the head by the way.

In that eye mech the eyechips are glued in.
Pullip has both rubber chips (old dolls) and plastic chips (newer releases).
Youtube has videos on how to remove those chips.
You can buy new chips from Coolcat or various Etsy sellers.

>-What size clothes do they wear? (like pure neemo)
Pullips are pretty long.
Blythe clothes are too short on them, but do generally fit (just know that when you buy a knee length dress for Blythe it will be a lot shorter on a Pullip).
They can wear Pure Neemo too, I actually buy the Angelic Pretty Pullip dresses and put them on my Pure Neemo bodies.
http://www.pulliphome.com/what-clothes-fit-pullip/

>-Do they stand up on their own/are they more poseable than a Barbie?

Like Blythe, they are unfortunately very top heavy. They also have very slim and long bodies.
Without a stand/something else to keep them standing they will most likely fall.
The posing of the body isn't that great, they can't tilt their head (only turn to the side) and the chest mobility isn't that great either.
People tend to hybrid them onto Obitsu bodies because of that.

>-Where do the customisers usually sell their pullips? Is there a DOA equivalent for Pullips or a FB group?

Not that I am aware of. There are Facebook groups and local forums, but nothing of DoA size.
Your best bet to get customs is to follow artists on Flickr/Instagram and snatch one up if it goes for sale.
>>
>>6015079
Adding, because not enough space:

It sounds like you want a custom Pullip?one that can easily be customized.
In that case, just go straight for a Pullip MIO kit.
They come blank and in pieces, putting them together isn't that hard either.

Send the head to an artist of your choice to get it painted (lots of BJD artists will gladly paint them too, just ask), meanwhile buy a wig and eyechips of your choice.
Wigs are stretchy 8-9, a snug 9-10 might be better though since they need to go over the eyemech parts at the back of the head too.
As mentioned, chips can be bought from Coolcat or Etsy.
Afterwards you can shop for clothes, either go straight for stock Pullip clothes/clothes made for Pullip or experiment with PN, Blythe and co.

Stock Blythe are only worth it if you like their stock look/want a certain outfit.
Buying a finished custom can be difficult because the nice ones are often sold after seconds, and like with Blythe it's a lot about the name of the artist.
Like, you could get a way better looking Pullip for less if you just straight commission an BJD artist to paint yours, instead of trying to fight with fans over some popular Pullip customizer's newest custom.
>>
>>6015082
>stock Blythe
Sorry, stock Pullip of course
>>
>>6014971
>>Where do the customisers usually sell their pullips? Is there a DOA equivalent for Pullips or a FB group?

Dolly Market was a good place for secondhand pullips. No clue how active they still are. Some customizers probably still hang out there. PullipFiction was another forum that may or may not be active anymore.

Etsy too sometimes has custom pullips
>>
File: image.png (660KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
660KB, 640x1136px
What is with this guy... This bjd group is weird.
>>
File: tumblr_lzmj6bIimF1qd1ops.gif (481KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzmj6bIimF1qd1ops.gif
481KB, 250x250px
Guess who just went $50 over their budget?
>Happy Birthday to me
>>
>>6015094
He looks like a Grade A villian to me.
>>
New thread

>>6015245
>>6015245
>>
>>6003480

oh gosh those fatty dolls are amazing. i want them so bad!!!
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.