[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NECA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 54

File: necalogo.jpg (54KB, 646x450px) Image search: [Google]
necalogo.jpg
54KB, 646x450px
Old Thread...Gone once again
Time to sell a kidney kiddos, there's a boat load of goods on the way!

Up for Pre-Order on TRU.com:
-Muhammad Ali vs Superman
-Predator Series 16
-Kenner Aliens Series 10
-Batman Returns Penguin (Mayor Cobblepot)
-18" Donatello
-Ripley & Newt 2 pack
-Ash vs Demon Spawn 3 pack

And In stock:
-Ash vs Evil Dead series 1
-Ultimate Ash
-Ultimate Jason Part 3
-Ultimate Freddy Kruger (Nightmare part 3)
-Predator accessory pack
-Genocide xenomorph 2 pack
-Concept 18" Alien
-GMK Godzilla
-18" Harley Quinn (Arkham City)
-Mego style Chop Top
-Mego style Surgeon Freddy Kruger

Aaaaand more.

Hope you've got your savings tapped. It's gonna be an expensive year end.
>>
File: 1200x-Spiked-Tail2-.jpg (226KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Spiked-Tail2-.jpg
226KB, 795x1200px
I think I read on Twitter that Spike Tail's dred-tail is bendable.
>>
File: 1200x-Spiked-Tail5-.jpg (244KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Spiked-Tail5-.jpg
244KB, 795x1200px
>>
File: 1200x-Ghost5-.jpg (274KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Ghost5-.jpg
274KB, 795x1200px
>>5979229

Oh yeah, also on pre-order at TRU:
Scar & Clan Leader
>>
File: 1200x-Ghost6-.jpg (238KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Ghost6-.jpg
238KB, 795x1200px
>>
File: 1200x-Stalker1-.jpg (148KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Stalker1-.jpg
148KB, 795x1200px
>>
File: 1200x-51534_Stalker_Predator2-.jpg (217KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-51534_Stalker_Predator2-.jpg
217KB, 960x1200px
>>
File: CvEurb5WIAI-KXT.jpg large.jpg (378KB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
CvEurb5WIAI-KXT.jpg large.jpg
378KB, 2048x1356px
>>
File: CvOyNBOVUAABjUi.jpg (263KB, 1200x1193px) Image search: [Google]
CvOyNBOVUAABjUi.jpg
263KB, 1200x1193px
Packaging sample for Penguin 2.
>>
File: CukoozkWIAAoDkD.jpg large.jpg (88KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
CukoozkWIAAoDkD.jpg large.jpg
88KB, 525x700px
>>
>>5979246
>>5979237
I had these as kids so I can't fucking wait to get them.
>>
>>5979258
I have this game.

It's fun. Don't care to pick up the figure though.
>>
Weird question: which Neca Godzilla is closest to the version of Godzilla seen in the infamous Barkley/Godzilla comic?
>>
File: I love Crack.jpg (32KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
I love Crack.jpg
32KB, 332x396px
>>5979233
>>5979237
Man, this makes me wish they would have waited to make Cracked Tusk. NECA is killing it with their new stuff, while Cracked Tusk was so half-assed.
>>
why is ultimate part 3 jason's head a different color than the rest of his skin?
>>
>>5979233
Spiked Tail makes me kinda regret buying Armoured Borg a few months back because the main reason I did was the cool armour and head; Spiked has the same armour and WAY cooler heads
>>
>>5979239
Ghost just kinda seems like a dud. He's very generic. I get that they couldn't really do 3 super different Preds all at once but he just feels like a Jungle Hunter/City Hunter hybrid without anything cool to make him stand out.
>>
>>5979253
I so wish they could do these at 7" scale. The 1990 TMNT movie is extremely dear to my heart and these toys look positively gorgeous. I just don't have the $500+ for them or the space.
>>
>>5979330
I never played the game but his look is too cool to pass up. The chainmail and skulls makes him look like a Predator who would fight Conan.
>>
>>5979360
Worse, they might argue that the obviously incoming Broken Tusk could confuse people
>>
File: BwPefUXCQAAbREK.jpg (80KB, 584x960px) Image search: [Google]
BwPefUXCQAAbREK.jpg
80KB, 584x960px
>>5979334

Vs Spacegodzilla is the closest, so 1994 I think is the year on it.
>>
>>5979658
Well, Predators do live a lot, so giving his looks he might as well have indeed fought Conan, i mean, Big Red got his katanas and looks from actual samurai warriors...
Anyway, i like Concrete Jungle, being asking Neca for Scarface for years now.
>>
>>5979258
I hope we get more preds and weapons from the game!
Ritual Armor, Dark Blade Clan Armor, Bad Blood... Damn, they made some cool Predator looks in that game.
>>
>>5979876

If these accessory packs keep selling (they said the first alien one was one of their biggest sellers) the sky's the limit I bet.
>>
>>5979233
>>5979237
>>5979239
>>5979243
Damn, he looks cool. Though for heaven's sake NECA, if you're going to keep the molded on netting at least paint it.
>>
>>5980180
Is the molded netting really a problem though? Every time i saw it i just assumed it was transparent netting.
>>
File: just shave your sweat away.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
just shave your sweat away.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>5979661
>No tusk themed Predator wave

dang it
>>
>>5980185
It isn't, people just need to get the sticks out of their asses most of the time. This far in, it's a non issue.
>>
>>5979360
Im hoping they release an alternate head somehow.
>>
>>5980180
I prefer it when they don't. Every time I buy one with painted netting online that's the part that's fucked-up.
>>
>>5980185
That's fair enough, it just seems kinda lazy to me. NECA is usually really good with paint so to skimp on the netting seems out of character.
>>
>>5980240
Must be something wrong with the factories.
>>
File: Predator-Visual-Guide-2015.jpg (2MB, 2749x2600px) Image search: [Google]
Predator-Visual-Guide-2015.jpg
2MB, 2749x2600px
>>5980242
>>5980240
Well, if i recall correctly when we get Predators with no net painting/trasnparent netting it's actually because it's beased on a Pred that didn't had the net at all, such as some of the Kenner ones, however, Neca does take it's creative liberties all the time with those, often to a good result (No giant should cannon, tons of more sculpt and painting details, etc), hell, they even create backstories to characters that only existed on Kenner and now Neca lines, so when they don't pain the net, i usually just go with the idea of transparent nets and something along the lines of "well, it's not even from a movie, it's not like they can't change it a bit to their liking/convenience".
Just my opinion though, i don't think it would be bad for them to grab a regular Pred body, scrap the netting off and have yet another slightly different variation to add to theirs already enourmous Predator line.
>>
>>5980292

That'd be a waste of money and resources to do that however. The base body, net sculpt and all, is what makes all of this possible.
>>
>>5980305
Yeah, you're probably right, well, i'm ok with transparent netting anyway, so as long as we keep getting tons of Predators i'm good.
>>
>>5980230
It's not a problem or a non-issue for you. This might surprise you, but your feelings are not facts nor do they reflect the feelings of everyone else.
>>
>>5980217

>tfw Predators get hunted and poached for their tusks to sell on the black market
>>
>>5979233
>>5979237
Can't wait for this guy
>>
>>5979239
>>5979243
Do you guys think Ghost is worth for someone who is going to buy Ultimate Jungle Hunter anyway?
I mean, articulation seems the same.
I try not to get preds that are to similar to eachother.
>>
When is Neca gonna make some Overwatch figures?
>>
>>5980995
Never.
>>
Am I the only one who's really disappointed with McFarFromGood taking the Gears of War Licence away from NECA? I really wanted some Gears 4 and an Ultimate Edition General Raam, but instead I get statue shit.
>>
>>5980699
Nah, ghost is very very generic looking
>>
>>5981397
Same. I wanted an old man Marcus from Neca.
>>
>>5981397

It does suck, because they'd done so many figures for those games, so you have a nice base collection...only to have it interrupted like that.
>>
>>5980699
I'd skip Ghost honestly. Doesn't look that great or unique unless you're fan of the design.
>>
>>5979239
>Disc still has the finger holes
>just have him holding it by the back edge
Why?
>>
>>5981722

Well, I mean it's part of the Kenner fun I guess. If you like how it looks, that's a reason to get it. Otherwise yeah, you know what you'd be getting.
>>
>>5981586
It's even worse when that inturuption comes from Statue Shit.
>>
Does anyone have the old General Raam figure? How is it?
>>
ED2 Ultimate Hero Ash getting a new head sculpt, maybe. Seems like there's a lot of people hoping for it.

https://twitter.com/IMASCARYLION/status/789902072225357825
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/789902151648677888
>>
>>5982210
I really want that Ash, but he's just too big for my rare toy buying. A Figuarts Ash would be nice.
>>
Saw drunk-ET and blanket-wrapped ET at my local anime shop (they have some collector western-company stuff amongst all the weeb things).

He worth getting?
>>
File: tumblr_mrhn0yJQdX1szdfwro1_1280.jpg (434KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrhn0yJQdX1szdfwro1_1280.jpg
434KB, 1280x956px
I've never felt more conflicted about an action figure than with NECA's Alien figures. Every single one of them I've bought before the new AVP Aliens (They have no issues, so maybe NECA's factories are getting better with QC) had issues: warped legs, crooked jaws, wobbly or outright broken joints in the packaging. They're easy fixes, but it feels wrong having to repair so many new toys straight out of the box.
>>
>>5982519
Jesus, that looks awful. I'd take that back to the shop if I were you. Sorry about that mate.
>>
>>5982519

I think the big thing is that they need to rethink their packaging a little bit. But I feel the same way about most action figures.

I don't know why they're stuffed into plastic that's such a tight fit to the point that it warps the figure. Hasbro has a huge problem with this too.

Just make the inner plastic of the package not such a tight fit, and put a few of the twisty-tie wires around the figure so it doesn't jostle around.
>>
>>5982568
Because it's more eco-friendly not to have a ton of packaging.
>>
>>5982573

But that's what I'm saying. They should use less so it's not such a snug fit. Just cut back so the figure lays in the tray and can be tied in with a couple twist ties. No need to wrench the figure in so much plastic that they start warping.
>>
I wish NECA would make a figure of someone I want for a change.
>>
>>5982436
ET wrapped in the blanket is, cus once you take off the blanket it's just a straight up ET figure.

Would be nice if it came with the long neck like the other ET did, but you get the blanket which is a nice compromise.
>>
>>5982655
I think the same now. My primary interest in NECA was really Pacific Rim and the video game releases they would do.
And I enjoy the love given to older action movie licenses,
but 200 predators and 100 alien variations gets very tiring.
>>
>>5982783

Well, they're going to make what sells, you know. They're both pretty popular franchises, and the retail "safety" of those two lines is what allows them to branch out into other stuff, you know.
>>
>>5982790
Exactly. Every company's main objective is profit. Pacific Rim has yet to get confirmed a sequel, so its not profitable to keep pumping out shit they're not sure will continue to be popular. Preds and xenos sell a shit ton I'm guessing and there's so many different designs to choose from like kenner remakes, sooooo, yeah.
>>
>>5982809
Kek this so much.

I've had like what, around 6-8 figures with QC issues and that's as someone who owns 30-40+ NECA figures throughout the years all the way back when they were still an up and coming company that would regularly try to one-up McToys.

Sad thing is, the biggest QC issue I've ever encountered was with an Alien figure (their first "Big Chap") and while they've definitely improved with articulation and material choices, it's pretty funny how they always seem to encounter issues with the damn things. Dog Alien is still my favorite though, mainly due to my bias for the design and the fact that it feels like the sturdiest Alien figure I've gotten from them.
>>
>>5982809
Here's a list of all the issues I've experienced w/ NECA figures:
>Red pyro tubeline thingy connecting from his backpack to his back broke while I was taking him out of package
>Hive and elder pred shoulder canons broke after falling off shelf
>Retro cloth part 6 Jason fence post broke after trying to fit it into his hand
>Dog alien stand broke while trying to attach it to him

I would say the pyro breaking was my own fault because I was probably a tad rough trying to yank him out of the package. And the preds falling wasn't exactly NECA's fault. Jason, however, I'll say that fence post was extremely thin and fragile. The peg that fits into the other hole connecting the two halves together should be larger and sturdier so it can lock in there better. As for the dog alien stand, I dunno what happened there. I superglued it back together and have experienced zero issues since whenever I remove him to dust it. I've had no issues with my Isolation Xeno's stand as well.

Point is, yeah, I've had some issues. But I own 30 NECA figures total and only five of them have given had problems, and two of them were simply because they fell of my shelf, two others will due to me handling them a little rough, and only one was due to quality control. So.... yeah, fuck off with your generalizing. I know that's common place on 4chan, but I'm a bit tired of trolls trying to derail these threads and shit on NECA without evidence aside from "cuz everyone does, amiright??"
>>
>>5982783
This.
I fucking love Alien and Predator but I don't need 500 of them. I just want the ones from the movies.
I'm mainly into NECA for their cult film figures which seem to get less love than AVP but I'm still happy (Ash vs Evil Dead line was the best thing I've ever bought)
>>
>>5982923
But how will you build a hive otherwise?
>>
>>5982948
Not only that, but where else would you hear people complaining about variety? Like seriously you people wine about anything.

>DEY NOT MAKIN DUH TOYS I WANT DEM 2 MAKE

Grow up and just don't buy them then? lol.
>>
>>5980995
Sometime between now and the death of NECA.
>>
>>5980995
Same time they release all the team fortress 2 figures.
>>
File: 1466430253472.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466430253472.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>5982965
>tfw you'll never have the whole team
>>
>>5980699
If BBTS had individual orders for Spiked Tail and Stalker I would skip Ghost. As it is I'm just going to probably keep him
>>
>>5982519
Yeah, I got a warped leg genocide alien last month.
What would you guys recommend to straighten it? Just heating?
>>
I ordered the Friday the 13th part 3 last week from TRU and signed up for email alerts. I got one today with a promo code for 15% off a regular priced item might be something to look into with that free shipping on stuff over $19. Code was TOY15OFF.
>>
>>5983310
Boil water, put into a cup, dunk the leg and voila, good as new. Not even a problem.
>>
>>5983310
Yes. Use a hairdryer until the plastic resets or dip it in boiling water for a few seconds to do the same.
>>
>>5983452
>>5983453
I assume I should also push it back into shape?
>>
>>5983461
Not those anons but basically yeah. Afterwards you can dunk him in some really cold water.
>>
>>5983461
Yes, plastic has "memory" which is why the heating process fixes stuff.
>>
>>5979233
Why is the netting sculpted on but not painted? Looks really bad.
>>
>>5983214
just get spiked from TRU.
>>
Just got that reissue of bigchap at TRU

Hes actually my first Xenomorph. Not bad, but his left arm is kinda shitty... The swivel isnt on all the way. And when I push it into place it just droops back to where it was. Also the left elbow is pretty loose.
The right swivel on the arm is just straight up stuck. I guess that's an easy fix though.

I wish I just got the AvP warrior xenomorph to be honest.
>>
>>5983714
A little heat can solve both of those.
>>
>>5983588
First of all, this is the first time I've post in a NECA general. I love NECA's figures and don't have an agenda against them as you seem to assume. The Aliens are the only ones I've had problems with, and I still love em. It does seem to be problems created by their packaging method as that one anon said. The tight packaging and gangly limbs of the Xeno are not a good mix. I've never had a problem with NECA's HOTS or Predator figures. No need to go super defensive fanboy mode, because I'm sharing my experience with them.
Second, I never claimed it was my picture. I just posted it to illustrate my point, because I've had the same thing happen with my Xenos.
>>
"NEH-KAH" or "KNEE-KAH"?
>>
>>5984149
neck-ah
>>
>>5984149

I say "Neck-uh."

Imagine my surprise when I found out Mego is pronounced "Mee-goh."
>>
Is the Alien Queen's heels supposed to not match? With one more near the toe and the other farther?
>>
>>5984169
What, did you think it was meg-o?
>>
>>5984396

What you're describing makes no sense. Provide a pic.

>>5984419
I did, back when I started reading ToyFare, that was the first time I'd heard of Mego.
>>
File: Possessed_Ed.png (2MB, 1920x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Possessed_Ed.png
2MB, 1920x1044px
Just got Ultimate Ash today

Really having trouble deciding how to display him...
Seeing him as Evil Ash REALLY makes me want an Evil Ed, pic related. Or maybe just more deadites in general. I love my Henrietta
>>
>>5984502
Why do all the deadites look so lame nowadays... I wish they looked like that still.

Also I really hope Hero Ash comes with the reindeer head trophy. I missed out on that release. I doubt they will though since it's not specific to that scene
>>
File: tumblr_lg6z6bhhsb1qb64fro1_500.gif (487KB, 485x273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lg6z6bhhsb1qb64fro1_500.gif
487KB, 485x273px
>>5984512
>I doubt they will though since it's not specific to that scene
True, but the original hero Ash came with it, so there's that.
NECA pretends to be concerned with what's specific to the scene but theyre not really. Like that whole shitfest with the chainsaw. "It's not included with ultimate Ash because it's not relevant to that scene" Even though that scene is referring to where he loses his hand.... by cutting it off with the chainsaw. Seems sorta relevant to me.
I don't mind they didnt add it, it's not like you can pose Ash using it that way so it's not a big deal, it's just that excuse is just bogus.

My point is, NECA's not too concerned with what's "scene specific" despite what they say. Their original Hero Ash came with the deer head even though pic related is what their farewell to arms ash is depicting. I wouldn't worry about it. It's too cool not to add.
>>
>>5984526
>even though that scene is referring to where he loses his hand.... by cutting it off with the chainsaw. Seems sorta relevant to me.
Also the scene where he's about to cut Linda's head in half with a chainsaw
>>
>>5984512
>why do all deadites look so lame nowadays...
This.
I fucking love Ash vs Evil Dead but every deadite just looks like deadite Ash (caved in eye sockets with rotten teeth), there's no variety to them compared to the original and they're much less terrifying
>>
File: jason-uber.jpg (100KB, 576x333px) Image search: [Google]
jason-uber.jpg
100KB, 576x333px
When is Randy going to stop dicking around and just make Uber Jason already. This is getting embarrassing for him
>>
>>5985129
Well, to be fair they do make figures people want when possible, Scarface Pred has being requested for years and now se are finally getting it.
And it's not like they don't do toys of movies they don't like either, Randy never cared much for AvP, min less for resurrection, and we are already getting one whille the other is just around the corner.
So imho all that's missing for you to get your Jason is enough people asking for it.
>>
File: IMG_5184.png (543KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5184.png
543KB, 370x500px
>>5985183
>ressurection
I just want a Neca of pic related, but I'll settle for the genital-less version if I have to.
>>
>>5985189
Wasn't the version on the movie censored though?
>>
>>5985218
>It isn't relevant because that's not what those two figures came with
That's what he was saying. It's NECA/Randy bullshitting about movie accuracy.
>>
>>5985251
It's still accurate though.
>>
>>5985200
The uncut version of the movie shows them.
>>
>>5985310
The accessories he came with are accurate yes.
Not including the chainsaw is perfectly fine.
But to say that including the chainsaw isn't "accurate" or "relevant", is wrong. That Ash is depicting the scene where he cuts off his hand. He uses the chainsaw to do that. Wouldn't you say chainsaw plays a pretty important role in the removal of his hand? Because.. you know.. it's what removed his hand. Its also relevant with Linda's head since Ash uses the chainsaw to split it in half.

Again, it doesn't matter, it's not like that figure is articulated enough to use the chainsaw like he did in those scenes. I'm not mad that it didn't come with one, I wouldn't have used it anyway, I'm just saying that the excuse of "The chainsaw isn't relevant" is stupid and wrong

Cue the person who will respond to this claiming that I'm crying and shitposting about there being no chainsaw
>>
>>5985310
So wheres the chainsaw
>>
You guys are forgetting budget is still a thing regarding "ultimate" releases.

It's a matter of choose to include a new accessory or putting one that has already been done back in the box with the new figure.
>>
>>5985717

This.
>>
>>5985717
>budget

More like greed.
>>
>>5985717
>thanks auto correct

"It's a matter of choosing* to include a new accessory in the box over* putting an old one back in.

It's not them holding back an accessory to you, it's them trying to give new ones to people in addition to what has already been made available
>>
>>5985726

Not to mention it wouldn't work with the figure, not without retooling the plug or the arm. Or for the sake of the complainers, they were doing the hand cut off scene, that requires a whole new chainsaw to be sculpted, because the one with Hero Ash is the modded version, and therefor innacurate.
>>
>>5985729
Why not make an ultimate ash and bump up the price so they can skip it and move on to other characters
>>
>>5985737

Because that's not how business works.
>>
>>5985737
That would require yet another price point for them to hope TRU would pick up. Lines are all bracketed out under a price goal for stores to sell, to do that for one toy, when the $25 bracket already exists for the "Ultimates" is completely infeasible.
>>
Can someone help me find a good replacement for a big red predator's wrist blades? Mine came without one of the blades right out of the box (wasn't included apparently)

And I'm looking through the predators I own already and none of the blades match exactly.
>>
>>5986031

In terms of style I mean, I'll probably have to paint them myself.
>>
>>5986039
Aren't most blades like City Hunter's?
With that said Big Red does share parts with Jungle Hunter...
>>
File: Predator-Series-16-NECA-123.jpg (518KB, 2048x1562px) Image search: [Google]
Predator-Series-16-NECA-123.jpg
518KB, 2048x1562px
http://news.toyark.com/2016/10/24/neca-predator-series-16-kenner-tribute-assortment-toyark-photo-shoot-227940

Crap in a hat, these look incredible.
>>
>>5986322
Me gusta.
>>
>>5979258

Jerry?
>>
So, it seems series 18 will be all Dark Horse themed, what do youa guys ver on?
>>
File: sh4.jpg (749KB, 1353x2277px) Image search: [Google]
sh4.jpg
749KB, 1353x2277px
>>5986365
I think most people are hoping for Machiko and Dachande, obviously.
If Machiko happens, I'd like NECA to make use of the mold by making OCdonutsteel female Predators.
>>
>>5986438
Hot.
>>
>>5986438
Predators with tits are the stupidest thing ever. Permanently enlarged mammaries are unique in human beings, throwing tits on anything and everything that shouldn't even have mammary glands to denote "female" is like the trademark of shitty science-fiction.
>>
File: female-predator-concept.jpg (54KB, 588x707px) Image search: [Google]
female-predator-concept.jpg
54KB, 588x707px
>>5986454
It was going to happen in Predators.
Also MUH DIK I DONT GIVE AF
>>
File: concept15.jpg (154KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
concept15.jpg
154KB, 772x1024px
Another piece of concept art from Predators.
Also it's not like Predators is the apex of super serious hard science fiction.
>>
File: 5628971.jpg (427KB, 1667x1222px) Image search: [Google]
5628971.jpg
427KB, 1667x1222px
>>5986438
Only if they make thicc xenos, too.
>>
>>5986490
Kinda hot but also a little disgusting. And I don't mean the xenomorph I mean the fat FAT FATTY
>>
>>5986322
Holy fuck I can't wait. Those two kenner figures were my favorites as kids and the updates look AMAZING.
>>
>>5986454
What about gorillas?
>>
>>5986365
Broken Tusk/Daschande is all but a lock, since his armour is used on Kenner Stalker.
>>
>>5986031
They're just Jungle Hunter blades.
>>
>>5986535
What about them? They fatty tissues are reabsorbed and the nipples shrink when they stop lactating.
>>
>>5986322
Well, I'm fucking dumb. I had no idea this wave used the new bodies. Looks like I'm buying three more preds.
>>
I took out my first release xenomorph from Alien, pivoted the arm at the shoulder, and it sheared right off. Kind of surprised since I haven't touch it in years, it just sat in my display case along with my other Aliens. I bought another back then and the elbow joint snapped off as well, which I exchanged for my current fig. This is the only NECA mold that I've had issues with.

Is the re-release any better plastic quality wise?
>>
>>5986650
Stay away from the translucent big chap.
Mine had a broken peg in the packaging, which is funny because they made everything loose as hell to stop the joints from breaking in the first place.
>>
>>5986490
>Xeno
>Has huge tits
>Also lips

y tho
>>
>>5986322
Goddamit, I thought I could skip these fellas. Anyone knows when Scarface will begin shipping? He's in preorder if I'm not wrong.
>>
>>5986650
>I took out my first release xenomorph from Alien, pivoted the arm at the shoulder, and it sheared right off.
My first release Big Chap literally had the worst QC issues I've ever encountered from a NECA figure (two broken shoulders that cracked) so I'm not really surprised.
>>
>>5986730
Giger approved of lips, at least.
>>
>>5986884
November, actually. The Kenner Aliens are December.
>>
>>5986454
I mean, it's a science fiction alien, I think it's okay if they skew things to make an interesting design.

Besides, without breasts a female predator would just be a waify/trap predator, and I rather not go for that.
>>
>>5986454
Pretty sure monkeys and shit have boobs, and it wouldnt be un common for a species like the Predators that are so similar to us already to have some.

But youre in luck, the Pred Big Mama from Deadliest of the Species is female and shes got no tittys
>>
>>5986918
Wait, they got moved back? I thought Gorilla, Mantis, and Queen Facehugger were this month.
>>
File: IMG_5118.png (53KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5118.png
53KB, 438x420px
>>5987094
Disregard, I suck cocks.

Just rechecked my preorder on BBTS and it said Nov., but it's usually at the very end of the month that it ships out.
>>
>>5987059
Sorry, I'm stupid. I thought they were talking about Series 16. I didn't see Scarface.
>>
What do you guys think of the Hick/ headless xeno 2-Pack?
Being thinking of getting an extra marine and that Xeno going boom seems cool.
>>
>>5987131
I have it. I love it.
>>
>>5986713
Mine was fine. Don't be afraid anon.
>>
What's the word on the Ultimate Jungle Hunter Predator release date? Wasn't it supposed to be this month?
>>
>>5987377
Try next year.
>>
File: pTRU1-24655024enh-z6.jpg (181KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-24655024enh-z6.jpg
181KB, 1000x1000px
Hear me now and remember me later. This thing is going to have some tremendous stability issues.
>>
>>5987377
Whaaaa? Release date of Ult. Jungle Predator? It's not even officially revealed yet. Randy said it'll probably be released a month after Ult. City Predator, which was just revealed last week.
>>
>>5987390
Yeah, he does look like he'll struggle to stand up on his own. Isn't NECA bringing out some proper articulated stands though?

What bothers me more is it looks like the second set of knees aren't articulated. I hope I'm wrong.
>>
>>5987390
Worse to worse just stick one of its arms to the ground to act as a tripod. Otherwise just tighten the knees sufficiently.
>>
>>5987390
The one on display at NYCC even fell over

>>5987428

Stands are out, and from reviews I've seen they're brittle and over priced.
>>
>>5987449
Shit. Well that sucks. Are Obitsu stands the right size to work well with NECA Xenos? I know Tamashii stages are too small by far.

>inb4 Subjectanon jumps in with his coathanger autism
>>
>>5987455
>inb4 Subjectanon jumps in with his coathanger autism
>>5987401

But really though, hopefully we will get some of those funky joints that have the lock style on them, cannot remember what theyre called...

This isnt a first for the Alien figures being infants when it comes to standing, the Iso Xeno couldnt do it either
>>
>>5987464
>Pricing is fine, not great.
For a few dollars more, you can get 3 tamashii stages that blow away necas in terms of quality and engineering. Stop being such a try hard fan boy.
>>
>>5987469
>This isnt a first for the Alien figures being infants when it comes to standing, the Iso Xeno couldnt do it either
None of the Neca xenos stand well, its inherant to the xeno design, but neca's shitty bubble gum plastic joints dont help either.
>>
File: xz.jpg (354KB, 712x900px) Image search: [Google]
xz.jpg
354KB, 712x900px
>>5987390
I already have the glow in the dark warrior, so I'll pass on this. I'm just going to pick up the gorilla
>>
>>5987475
Mine stood great for about a week, BUT has been completely useless ever since. I can hold it straightened out horizontally and all the leg joints bend just from gravity

>>5987477

What the fuck? Nobody is making any case for a company war except you with your constant NECA vs everyone mindset
>>
>>5987482
Same here.
Had to future shine the backward knees a couple times, but now he stands pretty good.
>>
>>5987473
My Big Chaps stand pretty well other than my 1/4 one, but any other mold collapses under it's own weight. I have one exception, and that is the VGA Dog xeno, which for some unknown reason can stand perfectly straight up on its back legs.
>>
>>5987432
>Otherwise just tighten the knees sufficiently.

I shouldn't have to do that though.
>>
>>5987488
It's better because its actually better. Other than being too small for almost anything in this thread, Tamashii stands are without a doubt the best. You got called a fanboy, sure, but 1) that's true, and 2) doesn't mean anybody is pushing this company war narrative you're obsessed with.

Everyone in this thread is here because we care about NECA products. Only you get butthurt over them.
>>
>>5987491
>You have to do something all the time no matter what

Sounds like you have terrible luck because that's not true at all whatsoever. 99.8% of my toys work fine right out the package with no issue. That .02% is mostly NECA Xenos that I have boxed up because they can't do anything but fall over.
>>
>>5987501
I agree with the other guy, there's almost always something that could be a bit more tight, which is usually the main QC concern. It'd be incredible if everything came out perfect, but very rarely does that happen. I use perfect loosely of course. More often than not things can be left completely alone and they'd be fine, but a little work makes them even better. When things aren't so good just fix them (especially with how easy a fix it is, I'm not talking breakages, that's an issue), it isn't a big deal, especially for cheaper figures.
>>
>>5987510
I have around 1000ish from varying lines, manufacturers, and times. A vast majority can stand up on their own and everything is sufficiently tight and works as it should. I might have to tighten five joints on a new toy per year, if that. The only stuff I have to consistently heat up are NECA releases, like every Ultimate a Terminator figure and the first three AVP Pred, and I have had to tighten or in some cases actually fix broken or improperly attached joints on 4/5 of the last five Xenos I've bought. I still buy em cause I'm a fan, but I don't have those issues with almost everything else I buy.

>>5987513
Sure, but almost everything could be better since nothing is perfect, but I'm talking about toys that NEED fixing, not toys that are adequate or functional already.
>>
>>5987510
And really, flat out saying every single toy needs to be fixed is total bullshit. All toys, all the time, 110%. That's stupid.
>>
So to justify NECA being shitty, NECAnon is now claiming all toys are shitty

Wow
>>
>>5987532
I think you've made that exact post word for word already. You are boring. Obviously I know about my own toys and experiences.
>>
File: 20160909_155016.jpg (396KB, 1079x1039px) Image search: [Google]
20160909_155016.jpg
396KB, 1079x1039px
Reminder.
>>
>>5987553
Is NECAnon the guy that spergs out about how NECA is perfect and can do no wrong whenever someone brings up criticism?
>>
>>5987548
>But other people don't, right?

Right. Why would other people know about my experiences? other people's thoughts on my specific toys that I own and my experience that they didn't experience are not relevant when I'm saying "this is what I experience."

>>5987544
It's hyperbole of the highest order. I'm looking at a NECA Godzilla right next to me that is absolutely perfect as a functioning action figure. I would never change a thing.

Upstairs is my red Genocide xeno. It's in a box because it's a piece of garbage that I'm not wasting time fixing. It has a stuck foot, all knee joints are loose, sand it's back spine won't stay on. My Black Genocide xeno is perfect. If that bullshit was reality, 2/3 if these wouldn't exist.
>>
>>5987560
Yep.
>>
>>5987572
Yes, but me being lazy has nothing to do with it being a bad toy right out the box. Me being lazy just keeps me from fixing someone else's mistakes.
>>
>>5987576
True, only fags complain about having to fix broken figures.
>>
>>5987576
>fags like you
>>5987566
>fags like you

Man that is the most obvious samefagging ever
>>
>>5987576
I don't get why you're getting so worked up.
Some people don't think they should have to fix up a new product straight from the box. You believe differently, that's also okay.
Why are you so vested in other people's problems with the product?
Are you a NECA shareholder or something?
>>
>>5987560
Yep, in fact, he's the first (you) you got.

Worst part is the mods just let him run rampant with no punishment, the people that reply to him get banned instead.
>>
>>5987608
> triggered
Do you not know what that means?
>>
>>5987620
My Vasquez didn't need anything done to it. It's a perfect toy. Sorry yours had problems.
>>
>>5987587

I think the question can be brought on you as well. You can't really be so bullheaded like this.
>>
>>5987513
>>5987515

It's stuff like this arguing that makes me wonder how old these people are. I don't think they could have ever handled a McFarlane toy back in the day and not had a total meltdown when that inevitably broke or wouldn't move the right way cause of stuck joints, etc.
>>
>>5987627
I have fixed new toys and have no problem doing so.
Yes, even Hot Toys have problem. I've had to replace busted leather straps on the Hot Toys Predators straight from the box.
The problem I have is that this guy keeps trying to shut down criticism and downplay people's problems with their figures. People can vent. There's no need to PR for NECA. We're all still going to keep buying them.
>>
>>5987652

But you people don't "vent" you go on tirades about how horrible NECA is and it really does get tiring to see how immature you guys can get.
>>
>>5987658
Nobody in this thread went on anything that could be considered a "tiraded" against NECA though

>>5987653
If you'd read the entire sentence you're responding to, you wouldn't have to ask that question.
>>
>>5987683
They did, and they have in previous threads. Don't act like it doesn't happen constantly. It's tiring, and it's ridiculous.
>>
>>5987699
Did it occur to you that you're blowing these things out of proportions, thus perceiving a simple complaint as a "tirade?"
>>
>>5987751
Good job , you really answered that question
>>
>>5987699
While i agree that some posters go out of their way to point out how something they don't like is total garbage (something not being as movie accurrate as they'd like etc) i honestly don't see anything out of the ordenary going on right now, i mean, i myself Love Neca stuff, but two of my four Xenos had actual problems, i don't get mas over it, but it happened and it's ok talking about it, i guess it's just a matter of how much mad people get over things and how much are they willing to ruin someone else's fun over it.
>>
>>5987760
>some posters go out of their way to point out how something they don't like is total garbage (something not being as movie accurrate as they'd like etc)

But even that is just hyperbole or overly passionate posting, hardly what I'd consider a "tirade." "My Predator broke right after I opened it, NECA sucks" is enough to trigger some people when it's not a big deal, certainly not an attempt at any kind of trolling or brand war.
>>
>>5987760
>how much are they willing to ruin someone else's fun over it

Ah, but this here is the fundamental problem with some posters. They see someone's opinion, whether it's over the top or not, as some slight against them that's trying to ruin their fun. Nobody complaining or criticizing a toy is trying to personally hurt any other anon with their opinions.
>>
>>5987768
>Just wait for the grid tail or chainsaw whiners to show up.

You act like "this should be screen accurate" is some wildly inappropriate criticism
>>
>>5987774

Nobody has ever said it's not valid. The whole point people are making is that people like you take it too far. It loses the initial meaning and turns into purposeful shitposting or trolling, all to mess with people or to push home a point that doesn't need to be made.

It's like a bizarre crusade for some. That's what creates problems.
>>
>>5987784
People like me? I haven't done anything to come close to "taking it too far," "trolling," or messing with people.

You're supporting my point with that "us vs them" mentality. I'm just saying that these perceived slights are only that, PERCEIVED slights. You act like I'm part of some enemy group just trying to push people's buttons and it just shows that the problem is with you and your victim mentality. People are just expressing themselves and their thoughts on products, and you act like it somehow hurts you or that once it reaches a certain point you arbitrarily decided on, it's being done with the intention of purposefully bothering you.
>>
>>5987793
Its not perceived, however, there's very clear intent with what gets posted. It's like that guy that would post Arcade Sushi pics. The intent was clear.
>>
>>5987767
I think it becomes a "tirade" of sorts when the same complaint is made over and over again while fighting anyone who disagrees, turning while threads in one single flamewar, problem is that extremes tend to generate opposite extremes, someone is overly agressive? Vou can bet someone will be overly protective, and they will fight, anything that even remotelly resembles their opposite.
>>5987773
I agree that seeing a complaint as a personal offence is silly, but if nobody does that then people wouldn't actually name their said "rivals", for example, Necanon and Grid tail Anon. There very fact that someone gave names means someone takes those a bit seriously.N
>>
File: AliensVsPredator-Front.jpg (159KB, 768x612px) Image search: [Google]
AliensVsPredator-Front.jpg
159KB, 768x612px
>>5979652

The figure it's based on was even more generic, at least they gave it some character with the update.
>>
>>5988265

This, I love that they're pulling from all the Kenner craziness.
>>
>>5988265
>dat Xeno
Something tells me we know what will be another two-pack for next year. I'm cool with it, probably an alternate Ghost vs a AvP:R Xeno.
>>
BBTS just charged me for the Ash vs Evil Dead set. Can't wait to have them, though I'll still be waiting a while since I had them put it in my Pile of Loot.
>>
File: 20161026_023533sdas.jpg (697KB, 1161x2064px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_023533sdas.jpg
697KB, 1161x2064px
So I had a stuck bicep swivel on one of my foot clan, so I resorted to boiling water to try to fix it. Hot water wasn't enough so I made it almost boiling so I could pull the arm off all the way to see what was sticking it. That managed to fix it BUT the top part of his gi got slightly discolored, like it's covered in dust but there's no way to get it off. Is there a special technique to remove it or am I fucked?
>>
>>5988650
looks like varnish is coming off or crystalized.
You could try rubbing it off, maybe with a pencil eraser.

or you could have really hard as fuck water and that's a lot of minerals sticking on.
What state are you in and city?
>>
File: NECAUltFreddy1.jpg (106KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
NECAUltFreddy1.jpg
106KB, 960x719px
Picked up the Ultimate Part 3 Freddy and I've been enjoying it, still hard to keep standing even with the added ankle articulation because of the shoes. That and the hand accessories being scary to switch out are my only complaints with the figure, otherwise I think it's a good figure.
>>
File: NECAUltFreddy2.jpg (76KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
NECAUltFreddy2.jpg
76KB, 960x719px
>>5988724
>>
>>5988650
Rub some olive oil on it. That's helped with discoloring I've had before...but then wash it off of course.
>>
>>5988772

Yeah, try this. If not olive oil, I wonder if like, baby oil would hurt it...just something that you can massage in to the rubber a bit.
>>
File: leprechaun-original102611.jpg (50KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
leprechaun-original102611.jpg
50KB, 630x420px
You know who needs a NECA?
>>
The new Pred wave is a new body, right? Its different than the AvP body, but has more articulation than the old Hunter bodies?
>>
>>5988292
Randy already confirmed Dark, so I bet Dark vs. Six from AvP2010 is the next 2 pack, but it also seems they made Ghost masked deliberately to leave that 2pack open as an option
>>
>>5988650

No advice for your current problem, but here's some for your next problems: stop putting your toys in water and use a blowdryer.

>>5989046
Yeah, it's the new Ultimate Jungle Hunter body.
>>
>>5989052
Blow dryer would just melt or crack the rubber.
>>
File: leptoy5.jpg (67KB, 633x472px) Image search: [Google]
leptoy5.jpg
67KB, 633x472px
>>5989043

Ironically SOTA had a prototype of the Leprechaun that was going to be released before they went under.

I continue to be butthurt about the Mummy Returns Anubis that they also previewed.
>>
>>5989058
No, it wouldn't.

Source: I use a blow dryer on all my toys when taking them out of the package. Assuming the rubber is like any other NECA has used, I have never once had a problem, and a blowdryer would have worked a lot better and without the consequences that boiling fucking water caused.
>>
>>5989066
Boiling water allows for a much more concentrated fix when done right. It's the better method.
>>
>>5989066
>>5989069
Well, it's a good thing both methods work for you guys one way or another, a just suggest however that you keep the debate civilized to avoid yet another flame war for things that really don't matter that much.
>>
>>5989069
Yeah, getting water in your toys or having >>5988650 happen is so much better.

Both NECA themselves and even the Figma site recommend blowdryers. Nobody sensible would ever recommend putting your toys in boiling water
>>
>>5989074

Don't be a moron, it's just water. It works and more people use it than hairdryers.
>>
>>5986454
>throwing tits on anything and everything that shouldn't even have mammary glands to denote "female" is like the trademark of shitty science-fiction

This
>>
>>5989077
And look what happened.

Boiling water is for savages. Use technology like a civilized modern man. It's actually NECA-recommended and you don't get problems like the one being discussed. Just because more people use a dumb and inferior method doesn't mean it's better. More people buy Hasbro toys than NECA, doesn't mean Hasbro makes better toys.

The only reason you should put your toys in water is if you're a child playing in the bath.
>>
>>5989070
You know what's uncivilized? Telling someone to keep doing the thing causing their problem.
>>
>>5989052
>use a blowdryer
Fucking this.

>>5989058
>melt or crack the rubber
It won't.

>>5989066
>No, it wouldn't
Fucking this.

The other guy fucked his foot soldier up because of the outdated boiling water advice. It's as shitty of advice as the archaic technique of freezing and pounding the toy on the kitchen counter. Painted rubber as well as clear gloss coats over metallics will "fog" under the heat of boiling water. Water boils at 212 degrees fahrenheit, whereas hairdryers have to stay below 150 to avoid injuring the person using it. 150 is more than enough to slowly but surely soften the plastic.

The added bonus of a slow and steady hairdryer is protection from shearing the joint. When a plastic-on-plastic joint is frozen it is likely due to the joint housing being too constricted, thus you only need to soften that enveloping part and not the joint shaft itself. When you have a fully heated and super soft joint shaft, you are massively increasing your odds of twirling it too much and creating either a stress mark, a slight tear, or fully shearing it.

>>5989069
>>5989077
It heats it deeper, but like I said above welcome to fucking Shearsville and "boohoo I broke my toy" posts. Maybe the reason you see so many sheared joints is because dipshits like you don't have any idea what you're doing.
>>
>>5989091
Yeah, i agree that boiling water is retarded, but fighting over it instead of talking about the figures (which is more in the thread topic) is silly too, you at least says Neca recommends it, other dude doesn't even care.
>>
>>5989095
Do not listen to his tard. The boiling water method works and has for years. There's a reason customers make use of it. Hell even Hasbro suggests it to fix warped things.

Blow dryers get you fucking nowhere.
>>
>>5989097
Care? Dude its a proven method that works.
>>
>>5989097
ToyFare always recommended the "boil and pop" method.
>>
>>5989109
ok, so Neca suggests blow dryers, ToyFare boil and pop... Sooo can't we all just agree that one some figures adapt better to one methot or the other and move on to the actual figures?
>>
File: 2016-10-26 11.38.27.jpg (350KB, 1037x712px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26 11.38.27.jpg
350KB, 1037x712px
>>5989103
You've clearly never used a blowdryer in your life. You know where it gets me? To the land of fixed toys.

>>5989095
>Water boils at 212 degrees fahrenheit, whereas hairdryers have to stay below 150 to avoid injuring the person using it. 150 is more than enough to slowly but surely soften the plastic

But but but the blowdryer will melt things that boiling water won't! Nevermind the actual numbers or science behind it, because my garbage method is better for no actual reason. Nevermind that this thread has a clear example of boiling water causing problems.
>>
>>5989103
Except I systematically completely dismantled anything you might prop up as a valid defense for water boiling. You might refute that due to your ego, but anyone that reads this thread without a bias in mind will walk away from boiling. It's not more effective, it's not safer, and it's far more likely to be destructive. People can do what they want, but there's a reason posts about joint shears have gone down, and it's because hairdryer usage has gone up.
>>
>>5989103
For warping I do like boiling water best. Stick it in water, assume the shape you want, then move it to some cold water and you're pretty much done. I did use to use boiling for stuck joints, but recently I've turned to the blow dryer. I feel like it's better overall, though it takes a bit longer.

Those new preds are great! Looking forward to getting spiked tail and clan leader.
>>
>>5989103
>Blow dryers get you fucking nowhere
Explain.
>>
>>5989109
You know why a bunch of toy collectors don't recommend blowdryers?

Because they don't own one. The only reason I have one is because I live with my girlfriend. But I bought my own specifically for toys once it was obvious that it's clearly the better method with significantly less risk or chance of going wrong. Blowdryers are made to aim at a human head, it's not going to damage a toy.

Toy Fare also isn't around and citing a long extinct magazine as a reason for using an archaic method is like going back 200 years to ask for medical advice.
>>
>>5989131
>archaic

You are so full of yourself, you really nred to fuck off with that attitude. This is why these threads go to shit.
>>
>>5989137
You get butthurt over everything.

Calling an old method an old method is no reason for you to cry about it. Yet you do anyway.
>>
>>5989142

It's not an old method, people still use it. Leave your hug box on 4chan and you might realize that. Otherwise you're talking out your ass.
>>
Aaand flamewar, congrats guys, we could be posting pics and talking about the new Predator wave or something...
>>
>>5989153
Just because people still use it doesn't suddenly mean it's not old.
>>
>>5989154
What is there to say about toys none of us have? Beaides, you know that's pointless and will lead t shitposting anyway if anyone says anything that's not 100% positive.
>>
>>5989157

It means it works. It means people get results with it. It means saying not to use it as a viable method is ridiculous.
>>
>>5989165
Yeah, people get this result

>>5988650

There's a better method. It's pretty normal for people to recommend the better thing over the old and inferior thing, especially when the better one is also the one recommended by manufacturers.
>>
>>5989161
Well, it's not anyway is talking about the toyst hey do have either, and to be fair no one had problems with me in the past when i complained about figures, i guess it's just how you put things that causes different reactions.
>>
>tfw always use warm/hot water to fix my toys
Why would you boil a toy and expect it not to get fucked? You don't need it to be that hot
>>
>>5989175
agreed.
>>
>>5989175
This.

You don't have to do it in one go just be patient about it and dip it here and there.

Or use a hairdryer.
>>
>>5989175

Because it works. I've used boiling water for years and never had a problem. It does the job.
>>
File: 2016-10-26 12.21.20.jpg (274KB, 1065x959px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26 12.21.20.jpg
274KB, 1065x959px
>>5989117
>ok, so Neca suggests blow dryers, ToyFare boil and pop

Here's the thing though. Toyfare recommended that years ago. NECA recommended this last month, and, most importantly, for NECA toys, which is what this thread is about.
>>
>>5989175
I needed the arm to be pretty damn rubbery to pull it off, even at boiling it took a bit of force.

I'll try the hairdryer first in the future, you guys can stop shitting up the thread now.
>>
>>5989180
"It works" isn't really a good excuse when there's another method that works better with less room for error.
>>
>>5989184

Who gives a fuck? You're not erasing another method because they offered up ONE possible method. Why don't you specifically ask them about using hot water.
>>
>>5989189
It doesn't work any better. The water creates a more evenly heated piece, meaning less breakage.
>>
>>5989184
This >>5989194, not even trolling, i agree with the hair drier method, but if they say boiling water is bad according to Neca people who like it will have to ignore the facts, and i'd love to see that.
>>
File: 2016-10-26 12.31.11.jpg (1018KB, 2671x1871px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26 12.31.11.jpg
1018KB, 2671x1871px
Has anyone else had to drill the female joint for Xenomorph legs deeper to get them all the way in? I've had two so far where the hip wouldn't go all the way into the thigh until I deepened the hole. It was really irritating seeing the sculpt broken up by a shiny undetailed cylinder until I sunk it further in. It was like this but even longer and when it was standing straight up.
>>
>>5989199
Not sure i understand what you are saying Anon, i mean, i though it was about the knee joints but that arrow in the pic shows a different thing...
>>
>>5989194
Why would I ask about hot water when the blowdryer is what they specifically told me to use?

> doctor, I know you said surgery is the best option, but what if I just rubbed leaves on it? I mean, you only offered up ONE possible option

Hmm, who I trust, some butthurt anon or the people who actually make the toys? Hard decision

>>5989195
Sounds like you don't know how to or have never used a hairdryer for this. I've never had a single break. If anything, it's prevented many figures from breaking.
>>
>>5989206
> NECA themselves are hairdryer fags, but why should we listen to them?
>>
>>5989209

So you'd limit yourself to one tool, because you prefer being a stubborn asshole? There are many paths to a destination, I find it pitiable that you choose to stick your head in the ground and argue with people and yell at them how wrong they are...all because you think you're right.

Your ego is getting you into trouble.
>>
>>5989210

You're drawing a conclusion based on a single tweet. Make them say outright that using water is the devil before you try to shitpost.
>>
>>5989203
Definitely didn't mention knees anywhere.

NECA Xenos have swivel/hinge hips in the form of a thick cylindrical peg that plugs into the upper thigh. On a few of mine, the right hip was clearly not sunk as deep as the left one. You know how the crotch overlay's sculpt goes seemlessly into the thigh sculpt? On the right side, it would be broken up by the peg, but for some reason not on the left leg. It's been an issue with a Big Chap and the Isolation Xeno so far. The only other time I've had this problem was on a wrestling figure who's boot wouldn't plug all the way into the calf. Fixing that is what made me realize what needed to be done to my aliens. Curious if I just had some bad luck or if it's how these molds are. It's an easy fix either way.
>>
>>5989213
water is fine, but it "can" introduce unwanted issues due to the fact that water is a solavant and runs the risk of affecting paint and finishes.

It also may get in to joints and if not noticed and allowed to sit may affect the plastics or the paint.

A hair dyer is a safer solution due to these two things.
>>
>>5989212
How am I the stubborn asshole when I'm doing what NECA told me to do? This whole thing started ease someone messed up their toy with water, I suggested they stop doing that, and then a bunch of stubborn people who refuse to change told me I was wrong despite science and NECA backing me up.

We have an actual example in this thread if water gone wrg, and an actual example of TWO different toy companies telling you to use a different method, but for some reason that bothers you and you're the one putting your head in the ground and ignoring actual legitimate official siurces. Your refusal to acknowledge this shows that the issue here is with your ego and your refusal to be wrong.

>>5989213
It's not a single tweet, it's a message that they sent me. I don't have to ask about other methods because THAT is the one they told me to use. There's no reason to start some bitch fest just because the thing they told me to do isn't the method you've been comfortable with and refuse to change. There's no reason to argue with the actual expert in this situation just because "anon said water works even though we have proof that hit water could damage toys."

It makes absolutely zero sense to argue with NECA as if they're wrong just because you don't like what they specifically told me to do.
>>
>>5989242
It makes zero sense that you'd continue to stick your nose in the air, remaining ignorant. It's sad.
>>
>>5989242
>despite science

Get over yourself dude. You are not that important to make claims like this.
>>
>>5989248
So ignorant that I'd take the manufacturer's word over yours. You continually ignoring it is sad. You feeling the need to argue with NECA themselves is sad.

>>5989259
The science is right here:

>>5989095
>Water boils at 212 degrees fahrenheit, whereas hairdryers have to stay below 150 to avoid injuring the person using it.

Thats also just plain common sense. Science will show that water is wet, but thats also common sense and doesn't require someome to be "important" to claim as much

You are delusional.
>>
>>5989180
I couldn't find my hammer the other day so I used the back end of a screwdriver to put a nail into my wall. It did the job, but the hammer would've been better.
>>
>>5989267

So why do we get this asshole that has NECA's word as his bond, but we get the other assholes that refuse to believe things like budgeting and why NECA has to do this or that to get a figure out?
>>
>>5989287
Why do we have different people who think and do different things?

Is that really a question?
>>
>1/4 of the thread is a fight about hair dryer vs boiling water
this has to be a new low we just reached...
>>
>>5989448
It could be worse. Could be the inevitable shitstorm that ensues whenever that one guy who's obsessed with wire coathangers and hates proper articulated stands comes out to play.
>>
>>5989448
With Neca all sorts of lows are reached! I'm surprised they are even still in business. They should hold fundays like Funko does.
>>
Does anyone use these for their Xenos? I was thinking of getting a few- the modularity looks like it could be useful, the size looks about right and IIRC Obitsu is a good brand (They do dolls and stuff right?).
>>
File: tubulardude.jpg (35KB, 1000x412px) Image search: [Google]
tubulardude.jpg
35KB, 1000x412px
Well, on the subject of the whole debate....I use boiled water. Always have, always will.

But I have this little wonder to help me out, too. I'm able to do precise heating, be it a small joint, or stick the little tube in a crack and spritz that shit with hot water. Works super well. I also use it to get elmer's glue into tight spots (hinge joints, etc) to tighten up joints if need be. Again, the tiny tip helps.
>>
File: 1200x-Clan_Leader_pkg4-.jpg (217KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Clan_Leader_pkg4-.jpg
217KB, 1200x960px
Is it worth posting the new Clan Leader pics here with the thread near bump limit and all?
>>
>>5989490
I use both methods.
I usually use the hair dryer method, but I've done the boiling water method before.
I use a tea kettle and just pour it over the stuck joint and have never had a problem.
>>
>>5989508
Very cool, definitely looking forward to this one. And they posted some pretty cool pics of him with his tendrils in action. I wonder if they'll try to release that throne.
>>
I got a 2001 godzilla today and he's great, but also a bit of a mixed bag. He's got fewer tail segments, but also a far better neck setup. I think the torso also has less range than the the spacegodzilla and 54s I have. He's also got the bloody lower jaw which isn't great, but overall I love it.

>>5989471
I've only got one alien, buuuuut I wouldn't reccomend obitsu stands. They're great, but they're also made for smaller, lighter figures. In my experience they're perfect for figmas and figuarts, OK for the average marvel legends, and downright rickety for marvel BAFs.
>>
>>5989508

That is a sexy fucking toy.
>>
File: 1200x-Clan_Leader_pkg3-.jpg (188KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Clan_Leader_pkg3-.jpg
188KB, 960x1200px
>>5989541
>>5989556
I know, right? And the box looks gorgeous too.
>>
File: 1200x-Clan_Leader_pkg1-.jpg (189KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Clan_Leader_pkg1-.jpg
189KB, 960x1200px
>>5989564
>>
File: 1200x-Clan-Leader1-.jpg (271KB, 1200x764px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Clan-Leader1-.jpg
271KB, 1200x764px
>>5989566
>>
>>5989564
>>5989566
goddamn, when is this supposed to be out?
>>
File: 1200x-Clan-Leader5-.jpg (229KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Clan-Leader5-.jpg
229KB, 795x1200px
>>5989569
Yep, one of the most badass Predators yet, folks.
>>
File: 1200x-Clan-Leader17-.jpg (315KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Clan-Leader17-.jpg
315KB, 795x1200px
>>5989572
It should be shipped by the end of november.
>>
>>5986438
Female City and Jungle predators please. Dutch is all alone in the woods.
>>
File: female jungle hunter.jpg (177KB, 742x1050px) Image search: [Google]
female jungle hunter.jpg
177KB, 742x1050px
>>5989586
say no more senpai
>>
>>5989578
please tell me that throne is a thing thats getting make and not something they just made for that picture.
>>
>>5989699
I'm guessing a bit of both with the intention of selling it if the interest is there.
>>
>>5989699
>>5989701
they actually already announced the throne as a product that will be for sale, have no ideia of the date though.
>>
>>5989702
sweet. on a side note have they released Scarface yet?
>>
>>5989756

TRU has his release date as December.
>>
Got my AvED Ash's today. His arms look kind of bizarre when you put them out because of how skinny they are at the top. The double-jointed elbows are great.

Wish they would've included an alt left hand that wasn't making a trigger finger.
>>
>>5989795
Thinking about it, I might heat up VS Ash's hand and push the finger down.
>>
>>5989795

But he needs a trigger finger so he can you know...shoot his gun.
>>
File: 1445389359869.jpg (20KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1445389359869.jpg
20KB, 251x251px
>>5989564
>>5989566
>>5989569
>>5989576
>>5989578
>>
Just got another Big Chap (my third) but the shoulder joint is stuck. Any suggestions?
>>
>>5989508
That's some low quality fanfic tier bio
>>
>>5989973
Heat it with a hairdryer or a quick dunk in scalding to boiling water.
>>
>>5989508
>>5990073
Isn't it great?
>>
>>5990146
I'm afraid of warping the little elbow things, but I guess I can maybe wrap the figure in a towel and only expose the shoulder to a hairdryer.
>>
>>5990240
If anything it'll straighten it more. It'll be fine.
>>
>>5990256
Alright thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
>>
>>5989973

Use a little boiling water to soften it up and then gently start moving it, don't force it, just kind of jiggle it bit and it should start movin' again. Patience and being gentle are key.
>>
>>5989973
Point a blowdryer at it for about 90 seconds. Problem solved
>>
>>5990576
>>5990889
I heated it with a hairdryer last night before going to sleep. It took about 20-30 seconds but it worked. Still gives a hard click when moving in and out, but it works regardless.
>>
File: Cv4Ey2gWIAASMVs.jpg large.jpg (373KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Cv4Ey2gWIAASMVs.jpg large.jpg
373KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>5993534
There's no way this doesn't become the most shelf warming Alien yet
>>
>>5993560

S'fine if it does, I'm getting one, I'm really happy they're doing it.
>>
Got my Genocide Big Chap and Dog Alien today. Both great figures, visually they're probably my new favorite Alien figures. The red looks great on both of them. I especially like Big Chap. No issues with his dome, however both of their joints are stiff as hell.
>>
>>5986454
You never seen a cow?
>>
>>5993603
udder predator when
>>
>>5993734
>the netting cutting into the swollen udder

Hello new fetish...
>>
>>5993806
Body stockings are a gift from the gods.
>>
>>5993560
Why? It looked cool as fuck when they showed it off.
>>
Has Neca discussed whether they're doing anything with Alien Covenant?
>>
>>5994104
They are doing figures but it's too early to show anything. Also Randy said it may be an excuse to release those shelved prometheus figures.
>>
File: 1200x-Sylvanas1-.jpg (188KB, 974x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Sylvanas1-.jpg
188KB, 974x1200px
>>5979229
Does anyone know when Sylvanas will be released? site says 2017 but Ami says late October.
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
Who to unbox first?
>>
>>5995194
Freddy.
>>
File: CsP-M3lWYAI_zzN[1].jpg (210KB, 960x1199px) Image search: [Google]
CsP-M3lWYAI_zzN[1].jpg
210KB, 960x1199px
When the fuck is Donatello suppose to be coming out?
>>
Any chances of them to redo more Movie Maniacs things like Species, Candyman, or Pumpkinhead, or still more 80s dick-sucking?
>>
>>5995681
Thank you! all these fucking 80's bullshit gotta go.
>>
>>5995854

The 80s are the only thing worth doing.

>>5995369

Mid of next month, early December. They showed off Donnie's packaging recently.
>>
>>5996539

>80s only worth doing.
>What is Candyman?
>What is Species?
>What is Pumpkinhead?
>What is Puppet Master?
>What is Darkman?
>What is Toxic Avenger?
>What is Leprechaun?
>What is Independance Day?
>What is Starship Troopers?
>What is Men in Black?
>What is Small Soldiers?
>What is Jeepers Creepers?
>What is Fifth Element?
>What is The Matrix?

And other shit.
>>
I've never had a NECA before, and I'm definitely interested in their Xenos and Kaiju. How is the articulation for both? Do they have a Predator with the helmet on?
>>
>>5996999
Agreed, also, trips don't lie.
>>
So I know the cord on Vasquez's gun technically goes nowhere, but what about the ones on her head and flashlight?
>>
>>5996999
None of those would sell well enough to warrant being made
>>
>>5996999
... a bunch of those are actually from the 80's.
>>
>>5997317
>Starship troopers
>ID4
>The Fucking Matrix
Are toy kidding me? Some would sell tons!
>>
>>5997006
See >>5980292
You just have to choose, remember that the older ones are harder to get (unless you don't mind chinese bootlegs) and the AvP Predators have improved articulations. If you want a masked predator, with Ancient Warrior you can't go wrong.
>>
>>5997006
Neca Xenos are pretty cool overall, my personal order based on articulation and general quality would be:
Dog Alien > AvP Warrior > Big Chap > Aliens Warrior.
Funny that the movies i like the less spawned the figures i like the most.
Marines are all damn nice too in case you want any humans to fight your hive.
>>
>>5996999

SOTA already did Darkman, and Toxix Avenger.

Men in Black is dead.

Puppet Master toys have already been done to death and can't really be improved on at this point.

Nobody remembers Species.

Candyman? Buy the McFarlane figure.
>>
>>5997203

The flashlight wire hanging off the bottom? Those always just slip under the armor. The one on the headset is meant to go down her neck, as that wire would've just fed under the armor. It doesn't connect to anything.
>>
>>5996999
Leprechaun would be dope as fuck.
>>
>>5997558
SOTA also did Jeepers Creepers.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.