[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASK A TOYS R US EMPLOYEE ANYTHING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 10

File: logo.jpg (64KB, 1425x983px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
64KB, 1425x983px
been working at toys r us noticed some shady shit feel free to ask anything
>>
what's worse, vore or diaper fetish?
>>
>>5978449
vore
>>
>>5978459
good man
>>
>>5978443
What's the neckbeard-iest story you have from the job?
>>
>>5978469
haven't had one yet surprisingly had someone purchase over 100 dollars of minion toys everytime i touched a minion it started to speak and it was so annoying.
>>
>>5978459
Fuck you
>>
>>5978443
What kind of shady?
>>
>>5978615
Slim.
>>
>>5978615
my supervisor takes black series cases and marvel legends cases before they get put out on the floor and cherry picks what he wants then throws the rest of the shitty common figures on the floor
>>
>>5978663
that doesnt sound shady at all. Sounds more like a supervisor privilege.

Work hard, aim high
>>
At my local TRU that Marvel Legends 3 pack with Kate Bishop in it has been sitting with a 19.99 bin label under it for about a week now. If I take it to check out and say "wait, I thought that was 19.99" and show them that they have the wrong label under it, do you think they'll honor the price?
>>
>>5978728
yes if they deny you call customer service in front of them 99% of the time they will side with the customer and you will get it for cheaper they will hate you but it works
>>
>>5978663
If he's reselling them he could get fired.
>>
When do hotwheels and other car series get stocked and put on the pegs?
Is there a way for someone to be when they open a freaj box?
>>
>>5978795
he collects and resells so its annoying
>>
>>5978804
most of the items will be put out during night shift since its christmas time most stuff is being put out during the day hang out around the hot wheels if you see a case ask someone and they will most likely open it or you can just ask if they have any in the stock room 9 times out of 10 they will get it. but there is no real specific date when they get put on the floor.
>>
I just got a job there for seasonal cus I need the money.

Will I enjoy it? I know the product and can deal with brats and soccer moms and mexicans
>>
>>5978824
report his faggot ass and replace him to make that extra 50 cents an hour
>>
>>5978841
Same here. My first day of work was today actually. Co-workers are chill af but the supervisor is a complete asshole. Sadly, I might have to leave if I can't get a later schedule that doesn't start at 5 in the morning (Buses rarely run at that hour for me)
>>
>>5978841
>>5978860
i take a bus to work too my work place is nice everyone is super polite and happy to work there no one is strict its mostly all women at my job. i am used to working factory jobs so this is super easy and relaxing for me nice environment no one is gloomy. you will deal with the occasional brat but if you dont sell a certain amount of credit cards or reward cards a week then your hours get cut to almost nothing which is fucked
>>
>>5978443
asl?
>>
>>5978844
fuck man i want to but i dont know what other higher ups are in on it. dont want to risk losing my job
>>
>>5978874
not telling you location specifics but a 20 year old male lol
>>
>>5978443
Why is there always shit left in the toilets?
>>
>>5978875
you cant report things anonymously?
>>
>>5978893
you must live in a shit area cause the bathrooms at my job are so clean you can eat off them
>>
>>5978893
this
>>
>>5978872
Ugh i hate this that certain retail shits make this part of your performance and directly effects your job. Like almost everyone either has it or doesnt want it. I shop at tru often but im not signing up and I definitely dont want a credit card. Like i get being penalized for not pushing it to every customer but to have to fill a certain quota!?
>>
>>5978895
shit you right >>5978904
and yea it sucks makes things more stressful next time you go to a tru and see an employee trying to shove a credit card down their throat its cause they dont want to lose their hours so feel some sympathy lol its fucked how it works but also if we sell enough credit cards we get a stupid ass pizza party
>>
>>5978909
>>5978904
>feel bad for the employee shoving credit cards at you in the store that marks up its product
nah, im fine, il go get a target card or something, at least they mark up less
>>
>>5978887
i know its you brad
>>
>>5978925
>>5978927
my name is not even remotely close to brad try again. and no employee likes doing it its either shove it down peoples throats or get your hours cut in half
>>
You ever fuck a coworker?
>>
>>5978976
i fucked a customer not a co worker though
>>
>>5978980
what was he like?
>>
>>5979021
she* and great
>>
Best place to fuck
>>
>>5979031
bicycle section where no one ever is
>>
>>5978895
Yeah, there's an 800 number.
>>
>>5978663

I worked at TRU for 7 years, I always got first pick. Always. But I made sure everything else was stocked, and if we got multiple cases of new figures, I always tried to make sure they went out, even if it was overflowing.

But yeah, if you work there, you totally get first picks. It's not like there's any other perk to working at TRU. Fucking 10% discount my ass...
>>
>>5978901
>Scat fetish
>>
>>5978459
Shit taste, literarily.
>>
>>5978459
I want my vore action figures already.
>>
>>5978443
Nastiest thing you've had to do on the job?
>>
>>5980895
diapergirls first
>>
can you give me one of your tamagotchis plz
>>
>>5980895
Bull T. rex has that feature iirc
>>
>>5978893

Because people are disgusting monsters. I can't understand how adults can't seem to hit the toilet at their age.
>>
>>5978443
If I flirt with one of your cute girl employees what's the general policy about that sort of behavior?
>>
>>5981705
Cute girl is allowed to call you out for objectifying her. Everyone will applaud. And we'll post your story online until it becomes a clickbait article on one of those shitty websites for sjws
>>
When are you getting more metroids
>>
>>5978663
you know, this sounds like the willowbrook toysrus

then again I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of toysrus do this
>>
>>5980903
have a dirty greasy kid all over my leg asking me to buy him something
>>
>>5981190
hatchimals are the new hot tamagothic though
>>
>>5981705
>>5982191
>>5982251
if you continuye to be annoying you will be kicked out most likely lol. i have no clue i dont care about metroid shit and naw i never even heard of willowbrook and yea im pretty sure most toys r us this happens
>>
>>5982251
woah, someone else from Langley. Surreal.
>>
What's the reason TRU feels the need to increase prices by anywhere from 10% to 50% the MSRP over any other retailer, and then bump that up to almost 100% on some items around holiday time?

Is TRU corporate composed of literal Jews?
>>
>>5978443
how big is your Transformers section?
>>
>>5978443
G.I. JOES WHEN
>>
>>5982548
believe or not alot of people believe youy can only get the majority of toys at toys r us so they can get away with marking it up and still have a shit ton of people b uying product. >>5982558
our transformers section just got cut from a full isle to just a quarter of an isle
>>
>>5982563
the toys r us i work in has barley any ever
>>
>>5982548
TRU is one of the worst companies out there. No question. Even the upper corporate shit is very backstabby.
>>
>>5978443
OP, I never really thought about this until now, but can you ask a Store Manager to special order something from a carried line? The TRU that's local to me never has the Star Wars figures or the Matchbox cars that I'm looking for. Is it possible for me to price the item code or number or whatever and have them order it specifically?
>>
How many times a week do you want to slap a snotty kid?
>>
Besides getting first picks, is there any perks of the job? I'm thinking about getting a job there to work maybe 1-2 days a week and I wanted to work there for shits and giggles.
>>
>>5982614
as long as the item is on the website they can get it but if its not then they can not get it. >>5982624
every time i work there is a kid i wanna slap. >>5982639
there is a 10% discount...but since everything is slightly overpriced the discount is pretty much just paying regular retail the job is easy as hell but thats about it
>>
>>5978895
>The higher-ups are in on it
Fuckin' really dude? This guy steals Hasbro toys from his work because he's an asshole. There's no grand conspiracy behind it. Report him.
>>
File: 1415298920397a.jpg (40KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
1415298920397a.jpg
40KB, 600x419px
>>5978443
Do you have any good neckbird stories? Anyone rage on you for not having something in stock yet?
>>
File: goldeyes-dragonheart.jpg (16KB, 398x350px) Image search: [Google]
goldeyes-dragonheart.jpg
16KB, 398x350px
>finding empty packaging behind something nearby
>>
>>5983237
>Mom tells you not to touch it or to leave it alone so others wont think that you were the one who took the item.
>>
>>5983235
Every time I see a neckbeard in the wild like this I thank the gods I can pass for a normal person.
>>
>>5983235
it's like I can tell he has no job and a twitter account full of pro-gamergate shit just from this one photo.
>>
I think the funniest thing I've seen at toysrus is a kid get caught shoplifting and held there against his will. His parents weren't even there, he just somehow wandered in from the street. Tru just wasn't havin' it.
>>
>>5980904
Comrade -_-7
>>
>>5978443
How fat are the customers that buy mlp toys
>>
>>5978443
Is TRU always understaffed or is it just the TRU's I go to? Seems like you have to track down an employee to check out or go to the electronics section for check-out.
>>
>>5993774
Most of them are like that because if it's off season, they don't give anyone hours.
>>
>>5978443
WHERE ARE THE DIOMANDS?
>>
What are your PSTMs like? Are they nice people?
>>
>>5983235

Some of the employees are neckbeardy as hell, too though.

Last time I was at a TRU, I saw some fatass working the Electronics department sitting on the floor reading boxes and stuff.

First I thought he was just sorting stuff or making the aisle look more clean, but he was just sitting there for about 10 minutes or so until I left the area.

There's also this weird, nasaly nerd who works there, and has been there for years. Some 5 years ago or so I was looking at Transformers, and the guy started following me around talking to me about GI Joes and Transformers until I just left.
>>
Tell me all the discounts you have from all the stores for my Christmas list to save more money
>>
>>5993774
It's what the company wants. They tell you bullshit about hours all the time, then cut them when they think they've used too many, etc

I remember they used to cut our stores hours because the store across town had used too many, for one reason or another.
>>
What percentage of blind bag shit is lost due to theft? It seems like every store always has multiple empty Minecraft mini boxes on shelves. I don't even see why stores stock them at this point. Go in tomorrow, and another 3-4 will have been ripped open, repeat every day.
>>
>>5978663
When my friend applied to work there, he was specifically told that they don't hire toy collectors for this exact reason. They immediately dismissed him from the interview when he said he was a casual collector.
>>
>>5982526
Your inner child?
>>
>>5978443
Why don't you guys stock wrestling figure waves as up to date as the capeshit ones?
>>
>>5993774
op here my true is understand in the stock room>>5997905
just pick up the new tru playbook lazy ass>>5998087
everytime i go into work i see opened bags no one gives a shit at my job thats our most stolen item is blind bag shit>>5998139
the tru i work at loved the fact that im a huge toy collector >>5998149
cause our wrestling figures dont sell nearly as much as our cape shit we dont bother to stock new anything if there is already shit taking room up on the shelf
>>
>>5998171
WHEN ARE YOU GETTING THE HATCHIMALS IN STOCK DAMNIT!
Your website keeps saying theyre in stock but when you add to cart they give the error claiming its not.
>>
>>5998681
fuck man every time i work i get like 20 people asking me for hatchimals so annoying they have been sold out for quite a bit
>>
>>5998681
Not OP, but we get 15 per shipment, and they sell out really quick. Just order it online.
>>
>>5998139
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. This is a huge lie. TRU does not do this shit. They don't care what you do, and for me it became a boon because I had all the product knowledge off hand.

Don't act like a spa and you're fine. I mean Christ, we hired illiterate people for Christmas overnights...you being a toy collector means NOTHING to them.
>>
File: spa.gif (992KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
spa.gif
992KB, 500x284px
>>5999324
>>
>>5999330
*spaz, my bad.
>>
>>5998139
We do have a new rule (might be specifically at my TRU) that employees aren't allowed to put collectibles on hold anymore, because a whole shipment of Deadpool collectibles got bought by employees, and there weren't any for the customers looking for them.

I'm not this guy >>5999324
>>
>>5999280
everyday you get 15?
are you able to check stock for any in the 60008 zip code? thanks
>>
>>5999341
>everyday you get 15
No, when we do get shipments of them, they come in 15 at a time (or so I was told). It also depends if we actually get some shipped in, and we won't know until we scan the pallets in.

>check 60008
I'm in California fàm, and I'm also not at work right now. I'm not sure about your specific location, but you should check on the TRU website, using your zip code, to see if there are any available in your area. I know for at least the Los Angeles area we can't currently ship to home and we don't have in store pickup.
>>
What do you guys do with stuff that's been opened like lego boxes with the figures stolen or just things that are opened? Throw them out or can you keep them?
>>
>>5999432
Most of the time, if it's salvagable, it'll get resealed and marked down.

If it's too much of a mess or too much missing, it gets RDG'd.
>>
>>5978443
So is it worth it working for TRU?
I just put in an application
>>
>I want this tablet because my child broke their old one
>Do you want the protection plan?
>No
>>
>>6000561
hate that shit warranty isn't even that much either fuck
>>
File: 1471833609865.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1471833609865.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>6000561
>"would you like to purchase a warranty on your ($100+ item)?"
>"nah, I'm good."
>>
>>5998149
Cause the families that buy wrestling toys get them at the McWalmart on Foodstamp Day.
>>
>>5999324
This.

I am a regular at thw store I just got hired at and they even asked if I collect and explained I did. During the little presentation they had us do at the group interview they said I had the best one.

It helps a lot since I only really need to learn where the BRUs shit is as I already know the toys.
>>
Whats the monster high section looking like?
>>
>>6000831
Garbage
>>
Why does Every Single Toys R Us bathroom smell like two air fresheners hosted a gross orgy- it's fucking unbearable in there.
>>
>>5995660
oh no
not out of bounds reading and talking
>>
>>6003058

Be a use customers come in and shit on the toilet seats and don't flush. So tru overdoses on air freshener to hide all the human fecal matter smeared all over the store because you're all fucking disgusting and have no sense of how to act in public.
>>
>>6000637
>>6000561
Either you guys are unhappy TRU workers who can't make their quota or you're clumsy hamhands.

Warranties are a gyp most of the time.
You have to be buying some really shitty products if you ever end up using it through no fault of your own.
>>
>>6004272
TRU does some bullshit like tying the amount of BPPs we'd sell to how many hours we actually had for employees.
>>
I've been doing no receipt returns with a lot of items lately. Does it have any repercussions by doing any of that?
>>
>>6004283

I think they can track it on your driver's license. I wouldn't do it too often if you can help it.
>>
>>6004284
I mean its not like stealing or anything merely buying items on sale at other stores and returning them for a full price.

Would that have any negative impact?
>>
>>6004289
Yes. You're still being dishonest by getting back more than what you paid for, costing the store money they should not be giving you if it was purchased on sale elsewhere.
>>
>>5999449
rdg'd?
>>
>>6004289
Do you understand how math works?
>>
>>6004380
So what?
I have the privilege of exploiting a loop hole. It's not my faultthe system has kinks. Besides these big companies do the same thing with taxes.
I'm just taking back what's rightfully mine.
I'm standing up to corpprate america!
>>
>>6004528
What do you mean so what? You fucking asked lmao
>>
>>6004531
lol ^ this is 4chan after all
>>
>>6004531
Spot the corporate shill.
You are what's wrong with this country.
When Trump wins the little guys will stomp the shit out of you fat cats.
>>
>>6004541
I didn't even disagree with you I just thought it was funny how you asked a question and it gets answered and you go apeshit lol
>>
>>6004528
This isn't me btw.

>>6004515
Yes I do I usually make twice of what I get back and then some out of store credit. I was just asking if it had negative impact on my side.

I>>6004380
My store is rigged and the prices are jacked up so I take advantage. They don't even price match other stores or even their own website.
>>
What's the best place in the store to steal from? I know those cameras don't fucking work or they dont care because I've snagged so many blind boxes and Ranger Keys.

Also is it worth making friends with one of y'all so you can get me the good shit when it comes in?
>>
>>5998681

Dude, I work at a store that sells these (Not a TRU or anything), and the entire company sold out. I was fucking shocked, someone was like they're going for like $100s on ebay and im like holy shit I gotta scalp me some of these whenw e get more in a month
>>
>>6003109

Thats every retail store though.

Seriously, people are fucking animals. Just shit and piss everywhere.
>>
>>6004599
>This isn't me btw.

>Gets called out for bullshit
>Pretends to be a different person

Kek
>>
>>6004760
>green texting

>on 4chan proves my point

Kek
>>
>>6004289

You get flagged in the system and they can start to deny you returns. That's why doing it with your license is a little better. Often times, without a receipt, they will also give you less money back for what you return, or only offer a gift card. Etc. It just starts to limit your options.
>>
>>5978928
You busted, Brad. We know it's you.
>>
>>5978443
Do you have any in the back?
>>
>>5981597
I was gonna say this
>>
Why can I never find a Skylanders variant figure at your stores?
>>
Is there an overnight stock postition?
>>
>>5999449
What's RDG?
>>6004280
What's BPP?
>>
>>6010404
>What's RDG?

Returned Damaged Goods
>What's BPP?
Buyer Protection Plan
>>
>>5978443
Do you have hatchimals?
>>
>>6011467
Not in stock right now, try coming back tomorrow morning! We might get a shipment tonight, but we aren't sure what's in the shipment until we scan it into our inventory!

>>6010404
>What's RDG?
The stuff people return after they broke it and pretend it was always faulty.

>What's BPP?
A Square Trade warranty for toys/electronics/baby gear.

>>6010353
Do you lift?

>>6008773
You aren't asking nice enough, or we genuinely don't have it.

>>6008247
>Do you have any in the back?
It depends.
>did you ask if we had any like an asshole?
We'll go into the backroom and look to see if we have any at another store.
>did you ask politely?
9/10 times we'll make a genuine effort to find what you're looking for
>>
I just got hired there working Overnights.

Aside from the schedule being so late, I'm getting awesome hours and am hella looking forward to that 40% discount on Christmas eve and the black Friday stuff.
>>
sell any ICs today
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO I STEAL GOOD
I'm asking for my dad
>>
File: IMG_20161110_022450296.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161110_022450296.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
>>5978443
Hello fellow TRU employee
>>
>>6011789
Wait, I started overnights too. I thought employee discount was 15%?
Also I stole some World of Nintendo 2.5 inch figures during one of my shifts. No shame.
>>
>>6013310
Base employee discount is 10%

On christmas eve it jumps to 40% for the night
>>
>>6013244
>tfw 18 code 1s, 27 code 2s, and 37 code 3s last week
>tfw best in the store last week
Gonna get that permanent position soon.
>>
>>6013276
Stealing is wrong, anon.

>>6013316
>On christmas eve it jumps to 40% for the night

Oh shit, didn't know that.
>>
File: Cokazq0UsAAYrkA.jpg (8KB, 155x162px) Image search: [Google]
Cokazq0UsAAYrkA.jpg
8KB, 155x162px
>>6013244
I tried and that's all that mattered ;_;
We only had super old people show up so of course they say no.
>>
>>6014507
i sold a warranty because someone thought it would help them get a coupon it didnt and they still got the warranty anyways feels good man lol
>>
>Ask my ASM and other team members how new-stock purchases work for employees before opening since I'm on ON
>"You can buy it, if you've got a debit or credit card, but you can't take it until the store opens"
>Pulls me closer
>We are the reason new "hot " figures arent in stock

Hell yeah corruption
>>
>>6014965
they dont care if you buy more than one? WOW
>>
>Work seasonally at TRU
>Work the morning truck which comes in almost every day.
>Literally cherry pick everything I can to sell it on ebay and Craig's List
>Literally nothing good hits the shelves because of me.
>I'm one employee cock blocking the entire store
>Angry parents and collectors come in every day and leave empty handed
>Holiday season is over, I quit the job

And that's what it's really like to work at TRU
>>
File: hatchs.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hatchs.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>people have started hanging out around 6AM for Hatchimals
>>
>>5983586
>it's like I can tell he has no job and a twitter account full of pro-gamergate shi
I haven't played a video game since 1993 myself , but Get Fucked!
>>
>>5995660
>I was looking at Transformers, and the guy started following me around talking to me about GI Joes and Transformers
He seems lonely. You should have asked him to be your friend. Trust me it's good to have the edge guy who could snap at any moment on your side.
>>
>>6016465
Most expensive toys you've sold?
>>
>>6016470
>Hatchimals
ok I'm new here amd there was another thread about a guy only being able to find them for like 200$

do i need to stock up on these bastards and sell them for dosh?
>>
>>5978443

Do you or anyone who works there ACTUALLY give a fuck if neckbeards stumble into the store and buy toys like Pokemon or Amiibos etc?
>>
>>6019569
Read the thread, they absolutely give no fucks about you.

You do not realize this yet but no one really cares what you do except you.
>>
>>6019631
There was one post but it wasn't answered directly.
>>
>>5998139
They probably didn't want to hire him for another reason and as soon as he said "collector" they found a legal reason to dismiss him.
>>
>>6019631
It's also a common as fuck question whenever retail employees show up in threads.

They don't care. No one really gives a fuck in general, and in regards to employees they are there to do a job, and you're just another face that they will forget and never think about unless you are really a giant piece of shit or are completely inept at doing anything outside your room and lose your spaghetti hard.
>>
>>6019569
op here I never care about any neckbeards or what people are purchasing in all honesty i wont remember them only people that stick out are the rude people. no one at my job cares about weirdos or anything like that as long as you are polite no one gives a shit
>>
>>6019651
so if some dude is polite and straightforward no one cares and will never be thought of again?

cool, what about repeats though?
>>
>>6019656
pretty much. and we ring up so many customers that we barley remember repeats as long as they aren\t annoying no one has a problem with them
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.