[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reserve not met

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 21

File: ebay.jpg (15KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
ebay.jpg
15KB, 500x370px
>reserve not met
>>
>people bid past the price of something new and available for used
>>
>auction ends
>have 3 days to ship out
>buyer messages 9am EST the next day asking why I haven't shipped the package yet
>>
some asshat keeps listing a bunch of figma and figuarts with a reserve price for the past two months.

I've won both auctions, reserve not met both times. he slightly modifies the listing in hopes of more bids. I bid to the max of their worth on the aftermarket, he won't 'second chance' me or anything.
>>
>>5977302
>8 watchers
>Bid Now

???!
>>
>>5977302
>cost of global shipping is higher than the actual price of the figure.
T....th.....thanks eBay.
>>
>can you hold this for seven years i'm broke right now
>>
>will you accept a money order?
>>
>starts auction at retail price/after market price of figure

>k
>>
>>5977302
>People bid on something immidately after it goes up, price of the item then exceeds the price for it on ebay
>>
>>5977422
I never understood this. Why do people bid on an item with 7 days left? Wouldn't they want to wait to get the item for as little as possible?
>>
>they ship via parcel select
no it's fine, i didn't want to actually get my thing
>>
>>5977429
That's what they are trying to do. People are extremely cheap, and an extra dollor might scare off people. Only idiots get into bidding wars.
>>
>>5977416

I can see you've sold things to Sonic fans before.
>>
>>5977429

Existing bids can scare jewbidders away. Also, a foreign buyer may be more keen on that particular item vs a same cheaper listing because the latter fucker won't ship outside the USA. So kudos to the first listing if they get more money for taking that extra step.
>>
>>5977362
You did not win anything if the reserve is not met.
>>
>guy clicks purchase on my figure
>says he had to have it but promised his paycheck would be coming tomorrow
>wait
>wait almost a week
>finally tells me he can't pay
I only wish these people got in trouble more.
>>
File: noIdidnotactuallydothis.jpg (124KB, 610x203px) Image search: [Google]
noIdidnotactuallydothis.jpg
124KB, 610x203px
>Buyer waits a week before paying
>Unpaid item case
>Buyer finally pays
>It's an Echeck
>Echeck takes 5 days to clear
>Buyer that made you wait two weeks for the money gives you negative feedback for not shipping before the check cleared (on your 100% score over 8 years).

wat do.
>>
>>5977735
how many sales have you had? try to complain to ebay's customer service and see if you can get it reversed(if you got a fuckton of transactions they'll side with you and have the feedback removed). just explain that the buyer left the feedback b4 the payment was cleared.
>>
>seller writes "fragile" on all sides of the box
>"Challenge accepted," says the disgruntled USPS sorting monkey
>>
>>5977735
If you report it to eBay and have a generally good history on there, eBay will likely remove it.
>>
>>5977443

All it usually does is increase the end price. Someone did a study on this shit, and on average, the cheapest won items are usually ones that had no bids until the last few seconds, while the ones with early bids usually ballooned in price because of "muh bid war I dun wanna lose" mentality.
>>
File: 1474519603890.png (59KB, 350x290px) Image search: [Google]
1474519603890.png
59KB, 350x290px
>>5977849
>tfw put up an auction for the ML Pizza Spidey a while back when the Revoltech was shown off
>put it up for $5 because it was missing the pizza accessory, so I felt bad
>a day or two later a bidding war happens, phone blasting because all of the notifications
>the price shoots up to $25 and eventually sells for $35
>>
File: Charlie.gif (2MB, 253x145px) Image search: [Google]
Charlie.gif
2MB, 253x145px
>>5977866

Lucky. My experiences however are nothing but shit.

>looking for UW Computron
>auctions keep going up for him
>and every
>fucking
>time
>some retard bids early
>frantic fucking bidding war
>every
>fucking
>time
>I never bid, just watch as 'tards shove the price higher and higher
>still waiting for a UW Computron for a non-fucked price
>>
>>5977849
If only one person has placed a bid on an item and you're down to the final few minutes, that's usually a good sign, at least with my experience. 9 times out of 10, they only put the minimum bid up, which means you bid whatever you want to pay for it, and you'll usually win. Sure you paid 1 dollar more, but eh, can't win em all.
>>
>>5977714
But anon, according to eBay, buyers can do no wrong. Only filthy sellers can be to blame.
>>
>>5977429

I usually put in the absolute highest amount i'd be willing to pay for the item then forget about it, then a week later I either get it or I don't.
>>
>>5978042
Same here, though I use a sniping app on occasion too.
>>
I only bother with BIN and best offers, never bids.

That said, I have some nitpicks

>seller sets best offer to auto-reject anything that's more than 25 cents below asking
>seller can't be bothered to check active and sold listings, pulls price out of their ass. How many times am I going to see sellers post new listings asking $100 for things that average $30?
>seller takes a week to ship, has no excuse for such a delay
>>
>>5977370
>x watchers
I don't trust this reading. often times the chinese bootleggers have dozens of watchers on a mediocre product with a terrible price and I'm guessing it's the same faggot logged in from multiple sources trying to bait a mook.
>>
>>5978097
I watch lots of things myself, and buy maybe 10% of them in the long run. Even on legit goods, watchers mean dick. The paying customer does.
>>
>>5978097
>bait a mook
Yeah, I admit I tried watching my own stuff to create a sense of urgency. Waste of time, stopped doing it.

Not sure why I get watchers at all. I ran a 2 week sale with a big discount and free shipping, plus a free highly desired ML figure at a certain threshold. Picked up 15+ watchers and then...

All that sold was a $20 Bayformer, literally the worst toy in my inventory.
>>
>>5977849

Maybe... the auctions with no bids...are garbage that no one wants? That's why they're cheap and there are no bidding wars.

Studies don't mean shit unless you know the parameters they work with.

>>5977878

Not sure who is more retarded, those bidding to win or the anon who doesn't fucking know how an 'auction' works.

The reason you can't get your toy robutt is not coz others are retards, it's because you're a cheapass poorfag jew.
>>
File: Dynames_-_GBF_Cameo.jpg (590KB, 1260x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Dynames_-_GBF_Cameo.jpg
590KB, 1260x1090px
>>5978079
>not manually sniping
Pleb detected.
>>
>>5978371
Hey look, it's that guy who always yells "if you don't want to overpay you must be poor" to bait people
>>
>item marked as shipped
>expected delivery is today/tomorrow, cool!
>check tracking
>label created
>>
>>5978399
More like the "I'll pretend to be psychic and trash your tastes" asshole.
>>
File: TomCannotEven.png (152KB, 900x833px) Image search: [Google]
TomCannotEven.png
152KB, 900x833px
>>5978371
>it's because you're a cheapass poorfag jew.
>he thinks paying $50+ over the MSRP of a newly released thing is acceptable
>he thinks getting into bidding wars with complete retards with a 'gotta win who cares if I pay $70 over it's worth if I win' mentality is a good idea

Scalpers must love you, son.
>>
>>5977472
What's the point of making the reserve higher than a figure is worth? He's just losing money by having to relist it every week.
>>
>>5978440
Listing is actually free until a certain amount, I think?
>>
>>5977302
>buyer asks for a deal, not much
>"yeah that amount's pretty reasonable"
>pleasant exchange, buyer responds very quickly to all my messages
>item delivered
>doesn't leave feedback
This happened twice now. I even emailed them if everything was alright and they never replied. At least I didn't get negative feedback, I guess. Still pretty shitty though.
>>
>>5978440
The seller obviously feels that his figure is worth more than your highest bid . What's your point of complaining when you are not willing to pay his price. If his price is too high and he can't sell it , so freakin what , it's his money .
>>
>>5978446
50 listing are free. Then it's based on starting price. Reserve used to be $2 but went up or will go up soon per a policy update. I don't use reserve prices because dammed if I'll pay eBay more to not sell.
>>
>>5978399
I'll bet when you tire of your toys you expect top dollar for them so don't even try to peddle that shit here.
>>
>>5978591
Work on your reading comprehension there, champ. I'm saying people paying more than what it's worth is a bad thing.
>>
>>5978519
Having been on the other end of that exchange, I've bought stuff on eBay while I was not at home (sometimes out of the country, state, or even just out of town for an extended period of time) and I didn't want to leave feedback until I could check the package.
>>
>>5978519
i forget all the time until I get the email saying "would you like to leave feedback for item x?"
>>
>>5978446
They charge you a $3 fee for reserve price listing and they even reccomend you not to do it
>>
>>5978606
Oh no, I know exactly what you're saying, any price you don't like is too high. Again, don't peddle your one-sided market bullshit here.
>>
>>5979097
>any price you don't like is too high
That's some low-tier bait, but I'm biting anyway. Something that's used is worth less than something new. Maybe that's why you're not having any luck selling your used toys.
>>
>>5979097
Aww does no one over at the BST thread by your over priced, "opened once/posed once before put back in storage" still readily available toys?
>>
>>5978583
>>5978720
Oh, forgot about the reserve thing.

My free listings go up to 1000 or some shit.
>>
>>5979121
>>5979111
nigga please, I know 4channers don't gots no money
>>
>>5977302

> Global Shipping Program

> Lazy Burgers
>>
As a seller I do not leave feedback first because they can just say fuck you later if they want. I sold a 600 item and neither of us left feedback.
>>
>>5977370
Watchers don't matter, only bidders do.

Watching is hardly different than bookmarking, and even when they get notifications of the item ending soon people don't always want it anymore and/or care enough to remove it from their list.
>>
>>5977735
Regardless of the feedback, you did the right thing. If anything, it sounds like he's mad you didn't let him get away with stealing.
>>
>>5977302
Browsing eBay for figmas and see someone is selling a Konota figma by the piece. 20+ for the body and 14+ for each face and so on.
>>
>>5979361
He's been doing that for months
>$8 for the panties
I want to know if he just harvested some useful bits and is trying to flip the rest, if he broke his and he thinks this will make him money, or what
>>
>>5977866
>>5977878
Man, this makes me wish I screencapped all the amiibo autism from last year. At the time I could understand maybe buying them at $20-something instead of $13, but I know there were bidiots that sunk $75~$200+ into them.
>>
>>5978519
I used to leave sincere feedback all the time but now I can hardly be assed to leave any unless you specifically remind me via message me to do so. My email is cluttered to hell, I wouldn't be surprised if any eBay emails just went straight to my spam box.

Honest question, does it matter to sellers what's in the feedback message as long as it's a positive feedback? I see some shit like people just spamming +'s or copypasting the same message for each item. What do you prefer?
>>
>>5979376
I'm >>5978519 . To me it doesn't really matter, just as long as it shows that they're happy. The main reason I care about good feedback is that it attracts prospective buyers. I just found it kind of crappy that someone who was so quick to respond when haggling and got a deal from it goes completely silent after and won't return the favor with good feedback or even a response to my email.
>>
>processed though facility
>nothing else in 9 days
what the fugg
>>
File: don_quixote_outnumbered.gif (27KB, 1150x368px) Image search: [Google]
don_quixote_outnumbered.gif
27KB, 1150x368px
>>5977302
>People who viewed this item also viewed
>See what other people are watching
>See what other people bought after buying this item
>People were also interested in
>>
So I've got like 10 Lego sets I want to sell on eBay, is it worth buying a postal scale off amazon for like 16 bucks?
>>
>seller lists item above aftermarket
>over the next few weeks, they keep lowering the price since no one is biting
>go in for best offer at even lower
>they accept
>>
ebay etiquette question

is it polite or rude to ask someone if they had any idea when they were shipping after buying an item?
>>
>>5980636
Always expect them to ship within the week of purchase, only ask if they take longer unless they mention they are on leave.
>>
>"I haven't received my item, can you add a tracking number?"
Oh fuck, how was their tracking not....hold on.... there it is
>add tracking
>says it arrived
>never hear back from customer.
>>
>>5978519
This bothers me, too. It's not even about the feedback, though. I just want to know they got it and are happy, so I don't spend the money and then have them make a case or something.
I'm currently in this position with a $200 item I sold.
>>
>>5978086
>I only bother with BIN and best offers, never bids.
I usually do the same, but I have gotten some good deals from bidding on things that end at weird times or look sketchy and taking a risk on them.
I recently got about $200 worth of shit for $50 because I sat on the toilet at work for five minutes in the afternoon bidding at the last moment
>>
>>5981758
>>5981927
>$200
hmm
>>
>>5981758
>>5978519
This reminded me to leave feedback on a couple of items...I always feel shitty forgetting about it, since I know I'd feel really apprehensive as a seller if the transaction wasn't fully resolved.
But I just get caught up enjoying what I bought!
>>
>>5978379
In my defense I work full-time on the graveyard shift. I'm either asleep or working 99% of the time my auctions end.

I agree with most here that bidding wars are a foolish thing. That anticipation of being down to the last few minutes is addicting, and the bid-war is like the slot-machines/roulette/etc for some.

What're some other good deals you anons have gotten through EBay?
>>
>>5981933
learn reading comprehension you illiterate fuck
>200
>50
>>
>>5982835
>mad about joke
>>
>>5977431
I ship some items with parcel select. For example if you are in FL and the seller is in NY. I doubt you will see more than a days difference. Coast to coast though you will see a delay but most people dont want to pay for priority shipping on a heavy item coast to coast.
>>
>item arrives in destination of chicago three days early
>no wait, time for a weekend vacation in scenic berlin wisconsin
>back to chicago, delivered on time.

Every. Single. Time, fedex.
>>
>seller requires immediate payment
>takes 5 days to ship, sends via Fedex Smartpost or Parcel Select to save a whopping $1

These people get 2-3 stars. I mean, on so many boxes, the difference between Parcel and Priority can be a DIME. You made me wait a week so you could pocket a DIME.

Come to think of it, it seems almost every seller demands immediate payment now. I very rarely get a "commit to buy" and separate payment windows, I have to pay right away. Then half of them take their sweet time sending it off.
>>
>>5981758

I leave feedback within 10 minutes of opening the damn box, unless it's an electronic item that I feel a need to test first. Meanwhile, I've had 4 buyers in a row leave no feedback. Then again, I know better than to leave feedback for a buyer before they do, screw what eBay says. No I'm not leaving fucking feedback the second they pay.
>>
>in September guy sends paragraph how he wants this item but it's too much for him
>item is $10 with shipping
>asks me again this month to lower prices for things under $10
>wake up to him buying item for full price
Why do people do this, I didn't even set best offer cause it was cheap enough and I need some form of profit.
>>
>>5983602
>eBay eats 10% for final value fee
>Paypal takes their cut
>postage costs money

Below a certain price, I won't even bother to list it on eBay. I'll sell it to someone locally.

Buyers are just dumbed down for 2 reasons

>sellers from China offering really cheap stuff because their costs are less and their postage is practically nothing
>morons who think "free shipping" is a real service
>sellers who will sell cheap things just to keep their feedback and star ratings high

Regardless of the PR shit eBay is pulling now, not every seller is a large business. Many of us are selling personal items, we're not a fucking Walmart. If there's no profit then there's no point in wasting time on this.

This is one reason eBay needs a new CEO that will pull some massive overhauls to their business model. Sellers need to not be treated like shit.
>>
>>5983620
>Sellers need to not be treated like shit.

They treat sellers like shit because buyers are more important. There will always be another seller selling what you're trying to.
>>
I got this joy recently.

>Find a Canti cheap.
>Bid.
>Win it pretty cheap
>Turns up in a nice well packaged box.
Fucking sweet!
Wait
Ewwww
>Its sticky
>Horribly sticky.
>All of it.
>>
File: Cumslut.jpg (76KB, 1277x717px) Image search: [Google]
Cumslut.jpg
76KB, 1277x717px
>>5983659

W-why was it sticky, Anon?
>>
>>5983664
Not him, but that woman in the kimono is a futanari. It's from the 'Futabu!' animated hentai.
>>
>>5983691
Is it good?
>>
>>5983704
Just saw it. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>5983730
Somehow that just makes me want it more
>>
>>5983577
Thank every tool who ever committed to buy and then didn't pay. It takes a couple days to figure out you're a flake and a few more for the NPB process to conclude. Because a seller doesn't need to sell their item to a 2nd person, have you decide to pay, and end up paying two fees plus a negative from whoever didn't get their toy.

>>5983620
This. The free shipping from China is bullshit. The Postal Regulatory Commission had an RFC up, seemed to acknowledge it, and then raised domestic Priority Mail rates again anyway.

Frankly, I don't want the kind of buyers that go for counterfeit shit with free shipping. They're not really interested in what they're buying anyway.
>>
>>5983647
>They treat sellers like shit because buyers are more important. There will always be another seller selling what you're trying to.

Your logic is like the higher ups at Ebay, both are stupid. Ebay is getting worse and worse because of this logic. If there's not enough seller then the buyers will not be able to find the item they want or at the price they want and will go else where. When you have good prices, you will not need to worry about finding buyers.

Why do you think you can't find most items for a good price on ebay anymore? Because most of the private sellers left, and most of the ones you do see are more of a store. You get FREE shipping email from ebay and special discount emails, but then you look at it , it's pretty much a store ad, nothing special.
>>
File: 1404435996539.jpg (24KB, 297x297px) Image search: [Google]
1404435996539.jpg
24KB, 297x297px
>2 weeks ago
>RioBone Stoking for 115 usd
>instant buy
>3 days pass
>seller says he is out of stock
>all other are 300+ new everywhere

Stocking is now the priciest Rio Bone despite being kinda lame, some say the hair piece has design issues ... mfw
>>
>>5983932
>Why do you think you can't find most items for a good price on ebay anymore? Because most of the private sellers left, and most of the ones you do see are more of a store.
You can't tell people that though. The second you say anything about the fees going from 2% to 14%, they tell you that's just inflation or market forces, both of which you just have to accept, and then turn around and say you're a greedy monster for raising your prices to compensate.

I can't offer free or fixed shipping because I can't limit it by region or guarantee that my listings are even seen in surrounding states.

Amazon is the worst though. A $20 item carries a 20% fee and shipping is always, at minimum, $2 less than it actually costs. Even the clowns listing those ML Deadpools for DOUBLE retail aren't making more than a couple bucks by the time the fees and shipping eat into them.

And then Amazon sends me that e-mail every year, acting like I should be worried about not being allowed to sell in December...fuck the hell off.
>>
>>5983932
but muh ability to return it at no cost if I change my mind! Sellers are all scammers anyway, they should just give me their goods for free, their stuff is garbage anyway. - the modern eBay mindset
>>
>>5977302
>recently start finding cool shit at the thrifts
>get the thrifting/flipping bug
>sell several items on ebay, for the first time in almost a decade
>after a month of selling, receive huge ebay seller fees invoice
>after gas, initial purchase, ebay, paypal fees... profit nullified
>joy/excitement replaced by annoyance, sadness, and debt
>>
File: IMG_5523.jpg (248KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5523.jpg
248KB, 1080x1080px
Not so much a gripe, but I wonder how many people that have won against me in auctions for bootleg Figma's even realized the figure was a bootleg? I buy them for custom fodder, but I when I see the sole bad reviews the Chinese sellers have, it's almost always "FAKE! SELLER IS A SCAMMER!" Or something to that effect.

Is there a way to message your bidding opponents and let them know it's a bootleg and will almost always be a shitty figure for anything other than parts for customs?
>>
>>5984117
The buyers don't read the description anymore , some don't even finish reading the title before they bid or buy the item . Then they complaint that it's broken or miss something , even when it's in the title , lol
you can't not contact other bidders , if you get out bidd then on to the next action.
>>
>>5983948
Why would you not be allowed to sell in December?
>>
>>5983542
I hope that vacation was to see family because otherwise I'd feel bad for you anon.
>>
>>5977735
report that
>>
see alot of mad
ill post a win

>buy figure
>shipping from china
>wont arrive for a month at least
>month goes by
>nothing
>second month goes by
>nothing
>start case
>shipper says they arent sure if they sent it out, ask me to wait another week
>week goes by, nothing comes. ask for my money back
>get money
>next week figure arrives
>>
File: DOWANT.jpg (54KB, 604x414px) Image search: [Google]
DOWANT.jpg
54KB, 604x414px
>buy KO figure off US seller on a Friday
>figure it won't ship until Monday
>nope, ships Saturday
>figure it won't be here for a while, standard shipping, coming from across the US
>nope, at my nearest distro today, will be there for me at the PO Monday
>>
>>5984334
Amazon's too worried about their own shit to deal with third party customer service. Stores make half their profit for the year in December alone and with Amazon's shipping guarantees, most of their management must be one missed deadline away from killing themselves that whole month.
>>
File: IMG_5579.png (112KB, 316x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5579.png
112KB, 316x400px
Posting some good stories too.

>Buy three Kaiyodo Love Hina figures with accessories, come with their original cardstock (opened) and blister packs.
>Each figure is a separate BIN/OBO
>Get them at $15 a piece used.
>SELLER is the same guy for all 3 auctions.
>Paid seller already but he hasn't shipped yet.
>'Hey, anon. Do you want their packaging too?'
-Me: 'Nah, trash them for all I care.'
>'Well okay, anon. If that's the case then I can just put them all in a bag and do combined shipping. I'll even refund you for the difference.'
>Me: 'Oh wow. Thanks!'
>Guy sends me exact difference in shipping cost with what I did of all three auctions combined via PayPal.
>Figures arrive fine despite being in a big ziplock bag in a box.
>Give the guy a good rating.
>Enjoy my waifus.
>>
>>5984449
hell yeah.
i have a few great stories on ebay, maybe ill post them after my shower.
>>
>>5984334
Every year from around the middle of November to the middle of January, they lock out all merchant-fulfilled listings in toys and other categories unless you meet certain requirements or send your stuff to Fulfillment By Amazon (where they charge rent and co-mingle your inventory with damaged/fraudulent inventory).

The requirements are 25 sales and 0 points (no lates, no defects, no cancels) in September and October. It's really really hard for a small seller to do that. On top of Amazon taking 20% of every sale and shorting the shipping, there's also no way to differentiate other than price and, again, even the slightest stumble puts you over the points threshold.

One year I came close with 21 sales. My feedback never mattered because I never hit that arbitrary 25.

It sucks for buyers too because the reduced competition lets the chosen sellers jack prices up at Christmas. And with eBay fucking up their search engine and selectively showing listings, it's not like any sales funnel over there. Christmas has become a really awful time to sell toys.
>>
File: sdfsd.jpg (45KB, 379x407px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsd.jpg
45KB, 379x407px
>>5977302

>buy item and pay for insurance and tracking.

>Mail man delivers item to wrong house and bitchs at me when I confront him the next day saying hes been doing his job for 40yrs

>Seller calls me a "Fucking liar that just wants to get the item and money back" and wont make an insurance clam for me.

>Walk 20 mins to the Post office and get told only the person who sends the item can file for the insurance money.

>Call ebay and get outsourced to india.

>Some indian guy named "John Smith" says sorry theres nothing we can do about this since the item was delivered.

>Tell them seller cursed me out in the email.
>They say they will look into it but cant tell me what the outcome will be.

End of story I'm out $85 and no figure.
Last fucking time I buy on ebay
>>
File: IMG_20161024_091937.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_091937.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
>>5983664
I don't know. And I don't want to know the horrors this Canti has been through.
>>
>>5983944

I bought her when she came out, Hair falls off a bit easily, no stand or even a hole for one so she's a bit tricky to balance, and to top it all off her joints in one of her arms are weak as shit and i'm scared to snap it off.

Really sad about it too since Stocking was my favorite character in the series but she suffers from nasty QC issues.
>>
>>5985036

Plasticizers Breaking down maybe? some of my accessory pieces that were not in use for some of my other figures got kinda sticky after sitting in a plastic bag in a shelf for a few years.
>>
>>5985036
Yeah that's the plasticizers leaking. The only thing you can really do to help is a bath in warm soapy water. It helped a bit with my Jin-Roh revoltech.
>>
>>5984715
> co mingle with damaged stock
Seriously?! Is this conjecture or do you have proof of that? I'd even take some anecdotes. I imagine it'd be hard to prove without some insiders spilling the beans.
>>
>>5985002
How can you just leave it be like that? Don't just give up. Wouldn't it be mailfraud to keep the package? Just go over there and get it back.
>>
>>5985168
Any place with 3rd party sellers commenting will tell horror stories about Amazon sending seller A's customer seller B's item or people getting back random stick after labeling/marking what they initially sent in. Oh, they eventually put a "don't comingle" checkbox on the submission form but can you really trust that?

But anyway, now you're paying rent and "pick'n'pack" fees on top of the regular fees and Amazon still offloads any problems onto you so it's a lousy deal.
>>
>BIN/OBO get new item $10 off the original list price
>BIN/OBO get new item $5 less than comparable listings
>Both were free shipping

>order unboxed lego set
>piece is missing, a unique one at that
>tell seller, hoping but not expecting anything
>seller apologizes, says they will ship out the piece free of charge and include a minifig

God bless you, eBay.
>>
>>5985169
>Just go over there and get it back.
I did confront the guy next door, but he just denied everything which is bullshit because I heard when the mail man knocked on his door. I also heard when he quickly opened, and closed his door.
>>
>>5985731
The police exist.
>>
>>5985735
police aren't going to search his house and go through his trash, they might ask him at best or just suggest civil court. This is definitely a booty bum fucked situation.
>>
>>5984117
>Is there a way to message your bidding opponents

eBay goes out of their way to obscure their usernames, I doubt you'll ever know who they even were unless they've left feedback.
>>
>see bid ending in 7 hours
>work night shift
>sleep late so set alarm for 10am
>alarm goes off wake up check bid
>10 mins to go only one bid
>igotthis.png
>close eyes for 2 seconds
>jolt awake its 11am
>check listing
>sold to the only bidder
>couldve won had I just stayed awake
>sadface.jpg

Went for $30+$11 shipping I was willing to pay $50 plus shipping.

Was the T-elos 1/6 Alter figure NIB
>
>>
File: Use a pen sideshow Bob.jpg (312KB, 1200x897px) Image search: [Google]
Use a pen sideshow Bob.jpg
312KB, 1200x897px
>>5986385
Dude, use a sniping tool.
>>
>>5986753
Yeah i know i signed up for one ages ago and havent ever used it. Its my own fault. I will use it from now on though.
>>
>>5985002
What figure was it?
>>
>>5985002
similar thing happened to me, I would call eBay back & escalate to a supervisor

Failing that, if Paypal was involved you can "Dispute a Transaction" there too

Failing that, you can always go the old-fashioned way and dispute the purchase with your credit card company
>>
>Paypal leaves the country
>Can't use eBay since all transactions are made through Paypal

Top that, anons.
>>
>item has 7 days left until it ends
>2 faggots have a retarded bidding war and drive the price past a reasonable cost

For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>5989033
One could be an asshole purposefully fucking over the other guy with no intention of being the winner.
>>
>>5977341
Did I make you wait 3 days for my payment? Then why the fuck should I wait 3 days for you to ship my toy?
>>
>>5989033
Hah yeah I've done this. It happens cuz I see the price is so low, thinking if I bid only a lil bit more, I can have it for cheap! But, almost always turns out that the bidder before me put in a max bid I can't hope to match.
>>
>>5989148
Because I'm the supplier and you're the demander.
Don't get lippy with me you little shit.
>>
Dis goes out to mah real collectaz that army buildin n posin figguhs.
>>
>>5989148
My favorite is when somebody hits Buy at noon on Saturday and then gets crazy with questions on Monday morning. Hello, the Post Office isn't open on Sunday and I have a job during the week. I'd love for eBay to be my job but you don't buy enough to for me to support myself that way.
>>
>>5988940
eBay and PayPal are no longer together, so eBay now accepts direct from credit/debit cards.
>>
File: 1254716260277.jpg (25KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
1254716260277.jpg
25KB, 640x350px
>>5979783
>Looking at old toy online I used to have
>7 dollar buy it now! or best offer
>Ok, I'll save a buck at least
>Offer 6 bucks, rejected
>6.50, rejected
>6.75, rejected
>6.90, accepted
>>
>>5989288
Oh, anon. Do you think we didn't try?
>>
>>5989291
Motoko, Are you OK?
>>
>>5989291
God, this pisses me off.
>>
>>5986385
that doesn't not automatically mean you could've won. You don't know the other bidders MAX bid. It could easily be over $50 , it stay at the lower $30 because no one else bid on it.
>>
not toy but
>try and buy a fallout: NV collectors edition
>$30 starting bid $50 BiN
>place $50 bid and leave it
>someone bids $55 in the last 30 seconds
>check other listings
>top listing is $35 BiN
okay then
>>
>>5990159
i know how ebay works, not my first rodeo, but going off the other bidders history i most likely would have outbid him...
>>
File: 1467126071081.jpg (13KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1467126071081.jpg
13KB, 500x297px
>left a hidden £50 bid on a Kurisu figma 5 days ago
>hoping to whatever higher power out there for someone to outbid since some money issues arose from nowhere
>bidding ends later today
>won't be able to pay the seller until next Monday
Goodbye flawless feedback rating
>>
>>5990569
Sellers can't leave negetive feedback, it's either they give you a warning or nothing at all. If you end up winning just explain the situation to the seller, they might cancel your bid but at least let them know.
>>
>>5990212
so did someone pay an extra 5 dollars just to annoy you essentially?
>>
>>5989764
You felt the need to haggle on a $7 toy?
>>
>>5990944
That wasn't my gripe, I actually hate it specifically when doing BIN the seller just drops less than a dollar on a double-digit-priced item,
>>
>>5991012
I hate it when they auto-reject any offer that's more than 25 cents below asking price. Why even do best offers if you're that cheap?

Worse are "free shipping" sellers who refuse combined shipping. I had one Transformers seller openly refuse and admit he wanted to pocket the extra cash. That seller lost my business.
>>
>>5991012
Oh, yeah, that does seem pointless. Honestly, I stopped doing Best Offer when all the offers were 50% off. I'll take a couple bucks off almost anything, more at a show where the feeBay monkey's not on my back. But it's been several shows since anybody even tried at a show. Lady one was a year ago when somebody wanted an older Miku for like $10.
>>
>>5991245
Actually, I find it very frustrating that for so many people it's eBay/Amazon or nothing. They must not realize they're paying a huge premium to cover their ridiculous fees.
>>
>>5991245
>Honestly, I stopped doing Best Offer when all the offers were 50% off.

I would say that depends on what you're selling. Some shit just plain is ridiculously overpriced and no one will pay what the people think it's worth.

Current example: Walgreens exclusive figures that are new that people are trying to scalp for 2x the price or more. Sorry, that shit ain't worth $40-60 for whats normally a $15-20 toy. Only a retard is gonna pay that much, especially when it's going to be cluttering shelves in a month.
>>
How often do you guys check the auction bids for their percentage of bids on the same seller? I usually report shilling if it looks like it's a shill account, since whenever I get outbid at the last second with certain sellers they always come back to me with a second chance to buy it
>>
>>5991266
Yeah. I was selling Figuarts Vegeta for $40 plus shipping (average at the time) and getting offers of $15 shipped. If I'm priced out there, it's because I said fuck it. Stuff eventually sells so why kill myself.
>>
>>5991266
Agreed. Condition is another thing too. Personally I don't care about box condition outside of using it to transport stuff when I move or re-arrange my living space, but some collectors get anal-retentive over the tiniest worn edge or the box or a bent part of the cardboard, and then lowball tremendously.
>>
>item doesn't sell
>seller relists it at the same price

Why?
>>
>>5994399
I assume they have a fuckton of storage space they don't mind being eaten up for years to come.
>>
>>5994399
Also eBay is not showing all listings in all locations at all times. Check their TOS for weasel words regarding visibility.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/sch/exodio/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

"i'll take one of the cheapest figmas on the market, break it down into a bunch of separate pieces, and sell it for a combined total of over 100 dollars"
>>
>>5977362
Do people seriously use second chance options?
>>
>>5977341
> buyer is too retarded to pay and takes one and a half weeks to pay it
> it takes the bank 5 days to process the payment apparently
> buyer wonders why the thing isn't there two days after payment
> I have to tell him that it takes one to two weeks because he took the cheapest possible option

ok
>>
>>5977324
> want item
> it's listed for 31,05€
> see auction for identical item
> it's at 26€ currently
> bid 31,04€ because I am like that
> get outbid from someone else with 31,50€
> buy the item for 31,04

???
>>
>>5984371
> buy figures for 20$ from chinamen instead of the normal 50-80$ price from a japanese
> never get one
> always get the money back from Paypal

Can somebody explain this scam to me?
>>
File: 1476639034137.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476639034137.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>5977302
>Sell figure
>damaged in shipping
>customer keeps doing passive-aggressive I want a full refund bullshit
>finally get them shipping refund and say i'll open a claim because i paid for shipping insurance
>buyer never responds to shipper's email to confirm it was damaged
>Post office: "Sorry senpai, case closed"

I have never wanted to track down someone so hard and punch them in a teeth
>>
>>5978408
paypal automatically flags stuff as shipped if you use them to print the label
>>
>>5989148
>thinks shipping a package takes as much time as buying something online

If it was something like a single game in a dvd case then I would understand because all that requires is a bubble envelope. Literally 3 minutes of work to ship that. But if it's something like a big ass fragile toy, then it requires A LOT more time and materials to package and ship. Also, don't fucking bitch if the shipping is free. I put free shipping for all my listings but I still have motherfuckers pestering me to ship their shit the day after they paid.
>>
>>5994399
I do this all the time. Most of my shit sells within the first 3 hours of being listed. A lot of buyers look at the newly listed; buy it now stuff and don't bother looking for specific stuff. They're just looking to see what's new and what might be a deal. I know this because I do this literally all the time. Rarely do I ever look for specific stuff since my want list is so fucking big. And usually when I relist my stuff that didn't sell, it sells within the first 3 hours.
>>
>buy chinese KOs
>gets held indefinitely in US customs (most of the time Chicago customs)
>more often than not it never makes it out of there
>ask for refund from chinese seller
>insists that it was delivered when the tracking last recorded more than a month ago at customs
>have eBay step in and get my money back
>receive angry message from seller in broken engrish
>>
>>5994399
>item doesn't sell
>miss out on buying it so ask seller if they'd mind relisting, or maybe even a buy it now so I can purchase it from them
>seller relists item but adds 10 bucks to the pricetag and 3 to the shipping.

T-thanks.
>>
>>5995096
That makes no sense.
>>
>>5991227
Which part of free shipping do you not under stand , when webstores do free shipping do you ask for combine discount when you order more than 1 item?
>>
>>5995558
Not him but do you really think the sellers don't have to pay shipping? That they can send off stuff for free?
>>
>>5995580
any do you really think that stores don't have to pay for shipping either?
>>
>buy something yesterday
>guy says he'll ship it out today
>doesn't
>ask why
>"only got the first batch of things out, didn't have time for the second"
>i'll get it out monday
>tuesday at the latest
I feel like I'm being fleeced. That or he's going to use Parcel Select from across the country and I'll just never get it.
>>
>>5991227
>Worse are "free shipping" sellers who refuse combined shipping.

You are among the worst types of eBay buyers. I bet you're Black, Mexican, or Asian.
>>
>>5983542
>Works for FedEx
>Shit cracks me up
>>
I've got two figures for sale on a listing right now.
Both are in their original packaging. Opened, but pretty much as new.

Some guy has copied my listing title word for word, and my pricing, and is trying to sell one of the same figures I have, except his figure is unboxed.

Have to assume this guy is retarded.
>>
>>5995086
Not that I've seen. They just disappear without a trace.
>>
>>5996444
He is just letting you add a couple of dollars more onto your price by charging the same for a shitter deal.
>>
>Would you like your credit card info to be stolen?
>>
>>5995364
If I order something from Taiwan would it get held up by costums? Are if anyone can just share their experience from getting a package from Taiwan.
>>
>>5977302
>buy item
>seller sends me a message saying that the item is not in stock and has to cancel my purchase
How the fuck does this happen?
>>
>buy item, transaction goes smoothly, shipped out quickly
>arrives on time
>It's straight up just the figure's box wrapped in paper with a shipping label on it, completely smashed

Holy fuck dude it's cool that you saved three bucks on shipping but do people really expect to NOT get negative feedback for this shit? I've had it happen three times recently, one time a guy just used see-through tissue paper to ship a fucking 90 dollar robot damashii.
>>
>>5998351
Well, traffic is so bad that I list the same toys on multiple sites. Supply will dry up and a retarded scalper will clean out one of them (had this happen with Black Series Han Solo ad DCAU Catwoman). Or Amazon will show listings that I've had disabled for weeks and some knob will decide now's the time to buy. It happens.
>>
>>5996738
scaredfag here, can this really happen?
>>
>seller ends auction prematurely because it was under the price he wanted and no one wanted to pay the buy it now $89
I wanted a good deal, shit
>>
>suspiciously numerous in-demand item
>seller in Netherlands
>shows picture of legit item
>sure w/e
>receive package
>package from china
>bootleg
>set up return
>return address in US
>ship
>can't be delivered as addressed

what the fuck is going on here
>>
>>5995086
>keeps listing
i got a black series speeder because the winner copped out after winning and i got a sweet deal.
>>
>>5977302
>item has a $1600 BIN and reserve price
>check seller's sale history and find the item
>previously ended at $1400 with reserve price not met
>>
>in one night, sell $150 worth of toys

Feels so good. Thank you, eBay.
>>
>>6002712
Wow, so that was a dozen or so Figmas?
>>
>>6002736
>figmas
>a dozen
>for only $150

More like one and a half figma, these days.
>>
Ok i need ebayers' help. Im about to sell off a shitload of my toys. Will sell quite a few individual, some in small lots or so. I need to go buy the bubble envelopes? Are those acceptable/good to use? Im sure i got some boxes around the house too. Any other tips? Thanks. Ive never sold shit online.
>>
>>6004939
No bubble envelopes. Boxes only, lots of padding.
>>
>>6002981
Sorry, I get a lot of stupidly low offers on eBay. A few months back I listed a Fort Max and somebody apparently thought $25 shipped was a fair offer.
>>
>>5983577
I had some joker get a 20 dollar model kit from me because i wasnt even aware you could do this.

Sure, I am a fucking retard but fuck me if I'm ever going to equate "your item sold" with money changing hands.
>>
>>6004939
If you are doing it to make money, I wouldn't bother. Ebay now keeps 30% of your final sale and shipping, plus your Paypal fees, plus shipping cost. It's really difficult to make money on eBay these days, unless you deal in really high volume.
>>
>>6005064
Oh shit, i forgot about ebay fee. They really take 30%? Or even more? Fuuuuck that
>>
I've started selling most of my unwanted toys to local parents for their kids to play with, only going eBay if it's something too valuable for that.

>no FVF or Paypal fees
>no going to the PO or packing things
>no worry of some buyer filing a claim if he changes his mind
>may take 1-2 months to even sell it because even undercutting other listings for the same goods doesn't seem to grab buyer interest anymore, come the fuck on I'm asking 20% less than sold listings from a month ago and you're still not snapping it up?

Came right down to it, selling things for $3-$10 each locally gets me about the same amount as if I tried to move it on eBay after all the expenses. I get that cash in hand too, and Uncle Sam doesn't even need to know it.
>>
>>6005141
No, eBay takes 10% and Paypal takes 2%. Not sure where he got 30% from.
>>
>>6005141
Obviously not. If they took 30%, not even normalfags would sell there
>>
>>6005458
>>6005481
Thanks, he must be mad at ebay. Thats a lot better.
>>
>first time eBay buyer
>win auction for a challenge coin from a chink seller
>paid september 28, less than an hour after the auction ended
>october 7th still not shipped
>send email to buyer asking what's up
>apologies in broken engrish
>marked as shipped
>ETA: september 18 - november 22

did I get scammed?
>>
File: 57686.png (90KB, 174x224px) Image search: [Google]
57686.png
90KB, 174x224px
>Buy artbook from Japanese seller
>Arrives neatly packaged and wrapped in floral tissue inside the box.
>Small note inside introducing himself, his hobbies and thanking me for the purchase.
>>
>>6005458
Not true. eBay takes 10%, Paypal takes 29c + 3%. Still nowhere near 30% though.

Amazon, on the other hand. really is about 20% for anything around $20 and 30% on a $10 item. $1 flat fee, 15% commission, 50c on shipping. And then they short you shipping. Ridiculous.
>>
My dealings with ebay is slightly different (read: worse) because I deal in GI Joes also comics. I go to stores and browse through the old dollar boxes to see the variety they have in them. Usually comic book shops will dell me them at 20% off if I buy the entire box, especially if its a local store I buy my personal comics from. Cheap/obscure/""common"" comics are what makes the most cash. People want to complete runs and usually I'm the only person selling some random Image comic #45 from 1998. Sell it for 4 dollars, make small profit, repeat × 600+ times

Sample messages
>THIS IS ABOVE COMIC PRICE GUIDE VALUE???
>Is this Savage Dragon #87 graded???
>u hve rest of run?
>I can pay u money aftr paycheck firt of month k?

The Joes I sell are normally off card, and I sell pieces of broken Joes individually for customs, same with a lot of accessories

>can I buy just viper saw wep gun for .25 just need viper saw wep gun not other weps n fig
>money ORDER OK??
>monyor der
>CAN U PUT TOGETH3R ALL F FLINT ???
>is CARD included (on listing that specifies no card)
>DID NOT INCLUDE CARD BAD AUCTION (see above)

If it wasnt a decent source of extra money I'd stop right now, put a giant goatse on my pages, and enjoy my toys and comics alone.
>>
>>6005707
Im going to start doing this to spread the comfy
>>
>>6005562
>eBay
>>
>>6005876
>oh no he put a capital letter in there
kys nigger
>>
I do get the complaints about eBay but:

>have toys for sale
>put them on the BST for about $400 to avoid "muh bro price bitching"
>still get "muh bro price bitching"
>auction them on eBay
>get about $900 after fees

Happens all the freakin' time so yeah, I'm gonna say eBay is kinda okay.
>>
>>6005897
even better is local listing websites. Where I live Kijiji is very big, and free to use. I sold my SS Link figma for 50$ when right now it won't sell over 25
>>
>>6006086
For US/Canada probably but for smaller countries, eBay usually works better.
>>
>>6006181
Not my fault you live in a 3rd world shithole
>>
>>6005897
Yeah, I know. Half the problem with eBay is their visibility algorithm. I swear they only show my stuff to spics in Florida and Jersey. Every now and then one of them can actually afford to buy something but many months I'm lucky to sell 1/$25.

Shows used to be a great way to sell a lot of toys quickly at a decent price. But that audience is getting poorer, paying higher ticket prices, and taking it out on vendors. So I'm basically stuck with eBay for now.
>>
>>6006213
>US/Canada
>not 3rd world shitholes
Wew lad
>>
>>6006343

Is there a way around that shit?
>>
>>6006443
Open half a dozen accounts and hope at least one is visible at a given time and place?

Otherwise I feel like selling venues are like the rest of the economy. Rent seekers suffocating productive labor. Not sure what to do about it though.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.