[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Mario Bros. Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: smbfigs.jpg (72KB, 820x555px) Image search: [Google]
smbfigs.jpg
72KB, 820x555px
Holy fuck, they ACTUALLY made figures based off of the shitty Super Mario Bros. movie! HOW IS THIS REAL!? WHO DID THEY THINK WAS GONA BUY THIS!?
>>
you type like a fag and your shits all retarded
>>
>goomba has a cloth trenchcoat

Don't lie you don't want that.
>>
>>5977295
THANKS
>>
>>5977296
I had these as a kid and the goomba's coat sucked balls. The mario and luigi figures are awsome.
>>
>>5977311
How do these things go with the figuarts figures?
>>
I liked the movie quite a lot as a kid and would've liked to have the figures.
>>
>>5977351
Me too. I knew they existed, but I never found them at any store.
>>
I always wanted some Goombas from this line.
>>
>>5977318
In the trash.
>>
Everything got toys in the 90's
>>
File: SCOPE-1.jpg (22KB, 575x231px) Image search: [Google]
SCOPE-1.jpg
22KB, 575x231px
>>5977283
I have Koopa and the bros. I just love how their feet are sculpted with those spring-shoe things, so i always play them as if they kicked bad guys with high-powered kicks. also Koopa's not that interesting but he at least gets the Super Scope weapon.

also found Iggy at a swap meet last month. never saw him again
>>
>>5977283
I had luigi but its weird how hes coloured
>>
>>5977283
Considering they were also the only Mario and Luigi toys I ever saw on shelves, of course I wanted them.
>>
>>5977926
I didn't
>>
>>5978119
He does look like a light skinned black guy you're right.
>>
>>5977283
I never realized I needed a Dennis Hopper figure until now.
>>
>>5977283
That movie was god tier though?
>>
>>5977927
I want a tiny super scope for samus
>>
>>5977283
Is that Nic Cage 2nd from the right?
>>
>>5977283

People that really wanted a Frank from Blue Velvet figure.
>>
Super Mario Bros The Movie was one of the last fantasy movies to use all practical effects.
>>
>>5988948
you mean they started using computers since then?
>>
I only ever had Mario and Luigi, but I loved them. I still love this movie. It's one of the worst things ever, and it's so much fun because of that.
>>
>>5988948
Not all of it was practical effects. There's CGI in the movie. Not a lot, but it's there.
>>
File: Page-08.jpg (1MB, 1020x1320px) Image search: [Google]
Page-08.jpg
1MB, 1020x1320px
THere's even a sequel comic from one of the writers. too bad it ended abruptly
>>
>>5988948
That's not a great thing considering Bob Hoskins nearly died several times because they weren't well trained in DOING those effects. He was electrocuted and nearly drowned, that I know of.
>>
Man, I loved this movie as a kid.

I had the Mario and Luigi toys too. Pretty sure they're still around somewhere in my parents' house.
>>
>>5989337
Koopa getting devo'd to primordial ooze was one of my favorite scenes.
>>
>>5977283

These were like $2 at KB Toys for the longest time.

When toys are actually affordable you'd pick up a lot of things you'd normally only have a passing interest in. Do you think anyone would have bought Snailiens if they were $8 - $10 retail?
>>
File: SMBmovie.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SMBmovie.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>not wanting toys based on cyberpunk SMB

I had Mario as a kid, wish I still had it.
>>
File: king koopa.jpg (260KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
king koopa.jpg
260KB, 1200x1600px
>>5977283
>Holy fuck, they ACTUALLY made figures based off of the shitty Super Mario Bros. movie! HOW IS THIS REAL!? WHO DID THEY THINK WAS GONA BUY THIS!?
lol
Im actually having this in my Cart right now.
Based Koopa- i fucking love the actor and his style. So owning a figure of him/his character is kind of fun + its a fun obscure toy in general.

Quit being a total mariofaggot about this movie and follow autistic memes. Its a fun post-apocalyptic world-traveling comedy action.
Way more creative than current copypasted mario games.
>>
>>5994760
The pacing felt a bit slow and they didnt really utilize a lot of mario elements as much as the cartoons did, and it didnt feel fun to a point where i almost see why Hoskins himself panned the whole thing. but im still grateful they made toys since they were the only kinds made after the happy meal ones
>>
I kinda wish this movie got a sequel. Would've liked to seen how they would've handled Wario and maybe Donkey Kong.
>>
File: Без названия.jpg (5KB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
Без названия.jpg
5KB, 200x155px
>>5994938
>Would've liked to seen how they would've handled Wario and maybe Donkey Kong.
i thought about this.
According to the weird as hell interpretation it would probably be like this:

1) Donkey Kong is a human
2) In a new movie Princess Peach dating a new mysterious guy who looks nice and clean
3) Later he appears to be some kind of a "Were-Ape" creature. That also is a king from another world.
4) He steals Princess so she could marry him and help him to build a new kingdom.
5) Lots of bizzare characters and cool action where Mario beating dinosaur with a giant bone and Luigi Mario riding a prehistoric animals like hairy rhino or mammoth.
PS:
Donkey Kong also has henchmen that also were-apes. At the end they "transform" into their monster-ape forms and fight Mario brothers.

Holy shit i want this movie...ughh
>>
>>5994938
>how they would've handled Wario
Wario could be just a strongman-dude that is a Mario's distant relative that came from Italy to visit Mario.
His strenght helps brothers to fight monster apes. Aso at the end he falls in love with one of those females were-apes that were henchwomen of Donkey Kong. (probably a Dixie kong)
>>
>>5989354
King Reznor? This is actually worse than the movie in its misappropriation of references
>>
>>5996009
No... No its not
>>
>>5996009
maybe, but at least the pacing is better because it's a comic.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.