[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is USPS too risky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: uspspy.jpg (14KB, 360x292px) Image search: [Google]
uspspy.jpg
14KB, 360x292px
I'm just curious to see if it's common knowledge among /toy/ to avoid USPS. I've lost three packages through them and am curious to see if it's more due to poor service than a coincidence.
>>
I've only lost two or three packages with them over 10 years of heavy use. Did they lose yours in the neighborhood or in transit somewhere?
>>
>>5976546
I assume they lost it somewhere in the neighborhood as it says delivered, front door/porch at about 2:30 am. The number of packages that I have had delivered by them over the years is probably less than twenty, two lost packages plus the possible loss of this current one makes me very suspicious. I've never had this issue with UPS or anything.
>>
I've never lost a package from them, ever. Then again I live in an area where you could put your wallet on the sidewalk in front of your house and somebody would be ringing your doorbell within 2 minutes to return it. So locally we have excellent USPS deliverymen, and also no one is a scumbag that would steal.
>>
>>5976576
I use my office for mail because we even have special instructions for the carrier to never leave anything on the porch since we often get blue prints in tube packages that we can't afford to lose. It's not the best area by any means-in fact it's probably the worst place to leave a package outside. lots of scavengers. We can't even get the female version of bubbles to stop leaving cat food on our fucking porch.
>>
>>5976576
>I've never lost a package from them, ever. Then again I live in an area where you could put your wallet on the sidewalk in front of your house and somebody would be ringing your doorbell within 2 minutes to return it. So locally we have excellent USPS deliverymen, and also no one is a scumbag that would steal.
This.
>>
I have a shitty mail woman who doesn't bother leaving boxes at my door or even honking the horn. I always have to go to the post office to pick them up. I dont mind though as long as someone else isn't getting my waifus
>>
>>5976686
It just came in and the excuse was that the text on the shipping label was too small to read. I mean it's nice that I got my delivery but it still raises concerns. I should add that I stopped ordering stuff for a couple of years due to dealing with shit like this.
>>
File: BQppaQMhkh-4.png (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
BQppaQMhkh-4.png
16KB, 300x250px
>buy something on the BST from a guy who apparently only lives 30 minutes away
>it's still going to take at least two days via USPS
>>
>>5976461
Its fine. Don't be a pussy. You can lose shit regardless of what service you choose.
>>
>>5976594
>We can't even get the female version of bubbles to stop leaving cat food on our fucking porch
Did.. did you just drop a Wire reference? Are you mein neger?
>>
>>5976557
Same street number on a different street, I bet.
>>
>>5976461
I've never lost a package by them, but have with UPS. Sometimes packages arrive late, or end up going across the country and back, but haven't had a bad experience so far.
>>
I've had dozens (maybe close to 100) packages delivered by them to my porch without issue, and I live in a p. bad neighborhood. only one amazon package never made it to me even though it was marked as delivered.

I've got items from the BST using USPS without issue as well.

might be location/branch specific though, so I'm not sure how much other people's experience will help your personal situation. other options to consider: use your workplace address or pickup from the nearest post office.
>>
>>5977612
>use your workplace address
>/toy/ autists having jobs
You and me are in the minority here, bub. 90% of the posters here collect autist disability checks.
>>
>>5976461

I used USPS to ship stuff via eBay and they also deliver all my weeaboo goodies. I've never lost a package either way.
>>
>>5976461
Canadian here, I love usps. I've been buying online a lot over the last 15 years and have never had anything go missing. Sounds like maybe your address is unclear.
>>
I think I've lost my first package. I had a confirmation of shipment 20 days ago and I have not heard anything else about it. No tracking info either.
>>
>>5976824
Do you not have cars?
>>
>>5978989
found out he lived that close after he shipped, so
>>
>>5978998
Lel
>>
>>5978989
>Meeting someone from 4chan in person

Wew lad
>>
>>5979369
>h-hey did you bring the waifu action figure
>cool wanna get some mcdonalds
>haha jin sucks right
>>
Waiting for a package from a seller in the bst, damn thing hasn't updated tracking in 5 days since departing the next state over. Fucking usps
>>
>>5979369

Diff anon but I actually made a very good irl friend via 4chan /cgl/. It honestly surprised me.
Maybe its because we're both girls so we are less autistic
>¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>5976594
Are we talking "The Wire" Bubbles or "Trailer Park Boys" Bubbles?
>>
I never lost a parcel til I moved to San Francisco, suddenly two incoming and three outgoing have gone missing in three years. I also get a disturbing number of shipments delayed due to 'train derailment' around ten at this point. Maybe your city just has a weird postal system?
>>
>>5979543
Trailer Park Boys Bubbles.
>>
>>5979538
>Girls
>less autistic
Wew
>>
I had to get something re shipped to a new address from Anime island and they used USPS to ship it to the UK, that was 2 months ago and it still hasn't arrived though USPS claims it was delivered.

i have no idea what to do and its bullshit.
i dont know if anime island has screwed me of USPS is just incompetent and shit because the package actually did arrive at my old address when they first delivered it but it got shipped back. i read online that USPS is incompetent, i tried contacting USPS myself but their whole website and customer service is oriented for US citizens only, its fucking backward.
>>
>>5980744

Contact the postal service in your country and bother them about it. If it got lost outside the US they'll know fuckall.

And yeah, their customer service is abysmal.

I've been buying shit from japan since like 2005 and the only package I've ever had lost was one I mailed out from my local PO. I filed a claim and got my money and the insurance back.
>>
>>5980168
Have you let the police know that a mentally handicapped homeless woman is leaving stuff on your property?
>>
>>5979499

Now it says delivered but I haven't seen it, it's not in my box.
>>
>>5981114
It's not a residential property so the police can't really do much more than patrol the area at night which they already do. The overall issue turned out to be that the shipping label was apparently too small to read.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.