[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akihabara!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: received_10154696768503982.jpg (294KB, 1776x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154696768503982.jpg
294KB, 1776x1080px
Friend is in Akihabara right now and wants to know some good avenues for shopping. The prices hes shown me so far aren't that amazing.
>>
>>5976070
No. The amount of tourists that go there under the idea of cheap prices mean there are no cheap prices. It's a massive tourist trap for clueless gaijins.

Akihabara wasn't that impressive either when compared to other geeky areas in Japan.
>>
>>5976097
Pls give info on good geeky areas
>>
>>5976116
Nakano Broadway is your best bet if he is Tokyo focused.
>>
Any decent shops for Revoltech either in Akihabara or Nakano?
>>
>>5976124
This. Nakano is way better. It's way more condensed too. One building has tons of stores. Tons of them are Mandarake stores too where each of them sell specifically different stuff. It's amazing
>>
>>5976157
The lowest prices for revos I saw in akihabara were in the Kayodo hobby lobby, on the third (?) floor of radio kaikan. Got some used ones in perfect conditions for fucking peanuts at Hobby Figure. Volks Hobby might be worth a look too. The best thing would be cheking mandarake but I have no idea where the stores are since when I went to Japan I didn't know about mandarake yet.
>>
Thank you all. Will see how this goes.
>>
>>5976070
That shop has particularly bullshit prices. Also as the other anon said, Japan selling shit for cheaper is a stupidly perpetuated myth. Sometimes you'll get a bargain, but by and large you won't. You'll save on shipping, but that's the main benefit of shopping in Japan.

On the note of Nagano Broadway, the prices there are now nothing to write home about. It used to be good but after countless Otaku shopping guides pointed it out, all the aforementioned clueless gaijin go there now and the prices have inflated in response to that. Broadway was the last bastion. Now we have nothing left. I've really resorted to YJA and Amazon Japan these days. Prices there are usually much better than the bullshit I see in Akiba and Broadway.
>>
Maps! Maps! Maps!
>>
Akiba toy shopping is pretty shit now thanks to many shops doing their online marketing globally in English. Mandarake is a huge offender in this respect. Half their staff are now gaijin for pete's sake.

You will not find awesome deals in Akiba anymore. Dealers there know what gaijins will pay and they take heavy advantage of that knowledge.

There are a few places left in Tokyo where you can still get kickass deals, but I ain't telling to preserve them against the gaijin disease that has infected akiba.
>>
>>5976700
>the gaijin disease that has infected akiba

god damn it why does this happen to everywhere cool in Japan. Gaijins have ruined Harajuku as well and it kills me inside.
>>
>>5976700
i'm not asking you to reveal your secrets, but if i put in the legwork and had a few days in tokyo, could i find one or two good stores on my own?
>>
>This thread

I was in Akiba a few months ago and it was super easy to find deals on things. The negativity here is way way overblown.
>>
File: Count the Medals.jpg (11KB, 366x206px) Image search: [Google]
Count the Medals.jpg
11KB, 366x206px
Honestly the cheapest place for toys in Akihabara is probably AmiAmi's own shop, it's got two floors one for new stuff and the other for second hand goods. Snagged a good deal there when I went in august didn't pay over 1000yen for any of these figuarts at all.
Nakano broadway is good too.
>>
>>5976749
this. Of course if you live in Japan or you're staying for months it's better to go elsewhere, but for someone used to import there's plenty of deals to be found. Maybe just not as good as deals you'd find elsewhere but who gives a shit when you're there for ten days. Everytime I go there I can easily find used stuff for prices that would make mandarake feel like a jewlery.
>>
>>5976817
I was there earlier this year and got a meteor driver, shauta and sagozu medal sets, s.h. figuarts of groundain, fujiko and Lupin III, Meteor's bike and a cancer figuarts zero for under 100 dollars at mandarake, so I can attest to still finding deals in Akihabara.
>>
>>5976827
You'll always find deals on shit nobody wants. The worst part about it is you didn't really want it either, but it was so "cheap" to pass up.
>>
anyone have maps of shops?
>>
Anyone know good shops for Robot Damashiis?
>>
>>5976749
Same here, i just went around with a rough idea of what i'd like and then checked out all of the stores that i could, rather than just relying on one, and bought the best priced one of it i could fine.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.