[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that bootleg that you took the plunge on to save money with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: 176.jpg (116KB, 379x568px) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
116KB, 379x568px
>that bootleg that you took the plunge on to save money with or just because you couldn't find the original
>it turns out either as good as the original or better
What's her name, /toy/?

I just got datong Frieza, pic related
>>
NECA turtles
>>
>>5973335
I have a few, one is the snowtrooper captain (with the pauldron)

The others are MP Transformers, bumble bee and Marlboor.
>>
File: 20161012_203920.jpg (275KB, 922x745px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_203920.jpg
275KB, 922x745px
Datong Frieza. Fuck yeah.
>>
Never handled the legitimate one, but my bootleg Body-chan is pretty nice.
>>
>>5974223
Interesting.

I've got the Hulk, and he's pretty good. A few problems like joints that don't close up (any suggestions for this one? the one thing I'm unsure about. Was thinking about filling it so it's tighter) but no real hard fixes.
>>
File: 4L_cw5rCtKC.jpg (77KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
4L_cw5rCtKC.jpg
77KB, 800x800px
PAK trash. It's bootleg quality to begin with desu senpai so fuck ittttt
>>
>>5973335
MPP10

hope they make 3p articulated hands
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (922KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
922KB, 3264x1836px
>>5973335
Chinese KO oversized MMC Feral Rex
+ upgrade set
60cm tall
>>
>>5974223
Same here. A few issues (one of the hip-cups was somehow superglued to the inside of the ass, some joints needed a hot water treatment to bend) but I'm rather satisfied with what I got.

The bootleg Archetype He/She are both usually good too. Occasionally you'll get a ball-socket that is flimsy, but most of the time they're decent.
>>
>>5973335
>I just got datong Frieza
>>5974028
>Datong Frieza. Fuck yeah.

Wait he's that good? Fuck me I might just grab one. Couldn't care less if he's a bootleg as long as the quality matches up anyway.
>>
>>5973452
Are they really worth it?
>>
Bootleg nightscream from china based on the Leader sized figure scaled down to deluxe size. good figure but I need to dig him out.
>>
>>5976806
I'm waiting for a bootleg PAK Quiet I bought for 19.99 to ship from China. Seeing how much the real thing goes for, knockoff seemed the way to go. I hope it's not too fucked up
>>
>>5983110
Tell me how it is.

Have no interest in Quiet, but there is a PAK bootleg I'm interested in getting as I can't be assed to pay 8k used for something I just like the design of.
>>
File: IMG_7994_zps88946a05.jpg (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7994_zps88946a05.jpg
68KB, 1024x768px
>>5973452
Came here to post this. As far as I can tell there's no difference beyond missing the extra accessories.
>>
>>5983125
Hope they do the same thing with Shredder and the Foot ninjas.
>>
File: pnc_10_1273731663.jpg (338KB, 800x1081px) Image search: [Google]
pnc_10_1273731663.jpg
338KB, 800x1081px
KO tf club Punch/Counterpunch, pretty much the same as the original.
>>
>>5973452
>>5983125

Always hear the NECA Turtles are worth it, but is it a particular seller or anything to look into? Or do you just buy knowing it's a bootleg and hope for the best?
>>
File: tracks takasa tony.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tracks takasa tony.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>>5973335
Takasa tony masterpiece Tracks
>>
File: frieza hates monkeys.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
frieza hates monkeys.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>5981501

The qualities great, the joints are tight and the paint is comparable. The only problem I have is the head joint coming apart when swapping heads. Thankfully it's one of those "push it back in" kind of joints
>>
I bought a bootleg ML Deapool for $18 just to check it out because the old one was absurdly overpriced, and it's complete fucking trash.
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (277KB, 559x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
277KB, 559x550px
>>5983387
This one. Admittedly, they both look pretty bad, but it should be immediately obvious which is the bootleg.
>>
>>5973335
Never happened to me and it never happened to most people either but most since they paid less for it, they'll never aknowledge it.
>>
Does anyone here have the Datong SSJ Vegeta? I've seen very good reviews, but one reviewer (Big Deano Reviews) broke the wrist joint while making his video. is the plastic low quality or is he just clumsy?
>>
>>5983924
Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzj5LiVq-dw
>>
>>5983928
>those scabby hangnails

FUCKING GROSSS
>>
>>5981428
This looks awesome! Never even heard of it! Anything else from Jinbao I should look inoto?
>>
>>5984467
Doesn't really answer my question but ok
>>
>>5983390
I can't tell they both look like trash desu senpai
>>
>>5983345
Not the guy you're responding to, but I got the colored bandanna NECA Turtles a few years ago and they're pretty great. I did have some QC issues with 2 of them; Donny has some purple paint on the top of his head above the mask, and Leo's sword hilts on his shell broke off. The paint doesn't bother me, and I just used gorilla glue on the hilt and haven't had a problem since.

I'd recommend them, they're really great figures aside from those 2 issues.

Plus they're cheap as hell, so there's that.
>>
>>5985182
Those things are riddled with QC issues. They have cheaper plastic that's prone to breakage, they're missing joints that the original versions have, and a lot of the individual bots have missing paint aps.

From what I understand, that figure is okay if you just plan on putting it in combined mode, posing it, and leaving it on a shelf to collect dust. Otherwise, if you're expecting any sort of play value, you'll be disappointed.
>>
I've seen some bootleg figuarts on Wish and Ali Express.
I kinda want the Sailor Neptune, Uranus and Pluto because fuck paying aftermarket prices.
Anybody knows if they're worth it?
>>
>>5985905
They are fucking terrible, nasty thick flaky paint, joints that break out of the box and awful molding. Only buy shit like that for custom projects.
>>
>>5986208
Shame. I guess I'll just save for the real deal, but now that I think about it the bootlegs could indeed make good custom fodder for their price.
>>
File: tfa__chromia_and_ariel.jpg (47KB, 570x517px) Image search: [Google]
tfa__chromia_and_ariel.jpg
47KB, 570x517px
The CHMS recolors of Transformers Animated Arcee...the other CHMS bootlegs I got have all turned to shit, but these two are as solid and gorgeous as the official one, even if the plastic feels flimsier.
>>
>>5973335
Few years ago some anon made a thread about an ebay seller who had knockoff figma Rei for dirt cheap, wound up snagging one and never regretted it.
>Reiject
>>
Does anyone know any good place to get some Effects on the cheap?
>>
>>5986860
Aliexpress
>>
>>5983390
>>5985711
the one on the right has T jointed hips, which is INFINITELY better the official one
>>
>>5986739
I remember that, and it's not so much that they're knockoffs rather it's more like they were factory rejects or probably even stolen from the factories themselves.

So if anything, with the exception of having a shiny clean packaging and extra accessories, you actually got a legit figma Rei for cheap.
>>
>>5983924
>is the figure made by an illegal company that doesn't care about customer service or reputation since it'll simply change its name every three months or just won't use a name at all supposed to use cheaper material than the legit one?
Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>5988636
He's asking if the figure is just really horrible or if the reviewer just ham-handed what was meant to be a decent knockoff based on other reviews. In short, your green-texting means jack shit to what he's actually asking.
>>
>>5983924

all of the recent datong's have been solid. can't wait for the Trunks and Cell
>>
>>5988947
Has there been any word on when they're coming out? Not that they're even needed anymore now that premium trunks is out and we're getting premium cell soon
>>
>>5986739

Anons started calling them "reijects" for a reason. They were factory rejects, not knockoffs.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.