[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Rangers general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_6109.png (1MB, 1024x786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6109.png
1MB, 1024x786px
>What's your collection looking like as of October 2016?
>>
File: soc daizyujin.png (497KB, 1008x1283px) Image search: [Google]
soc daizyujin.png
497KB, 1008x1283px
>>5971877

Exactly the same as it looked back in 1997, because I didn't buy anything Power Rangers related since then.

This will probably change next year with the release of pic related.
>>
>>5971877
I have my flip heads somewhere in my closet. That's about it.. Maybe a tigerzord somewhere at my parents house
>>
My collection is decent but I'm looking to sell it..

I have a shitload of figuart red rangers because I wanted a "forever red" display and now I'm left with not only an incomplete line but no place to put them so I wasted a bunch of fucking money on those and I doubt most of them are even popular int he after market.

I also have all the MMPR/Zyu figuarts and I think I'll sell them all except Green Ranger

I was happy with the SRC Megazord and the legacy Megazord and had the displayed but now they look like shit after I saw the SoC one so I'm thinking of selling both and pay the difference to upgrade.

Are any of these worth anything or have they lost most of their value?
>>
I want the figuarts White Ranger but he costs too much fucking money
>>
File: Mmpr-ThePowerTransfer.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mmpr-ThePowerTransfer.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>5971877
About a year ago I rounded out my SHF collection. Original six ranger, plus White ranger and Armored Red. I considered that pretty much set.

Now this is where it gets really autistic, and will probably make people groan. As I'm posing them for display, I keep mulling on Black, Red, and Yellow. Am I posing Zack, Jason, and Trini, or Adam, Rocky, and Aisha? I actually like both , so I was thinking I could buy doubles to represent the brief, stupid moment in that episode where there's two of the Red, Black, and Yellow rangers, when the power is transfered. That's when I came up with an idea. The core 5 rangers, except blue, had two different people use the suit. As for Green/White, they represent two different periods. So I could do a Season 1 display, and a late season 3 display, with only Tommy and Billy being repeat characters! Luckily I've resisted this urge. Prices don't help. That said, I still want a Japanese TigerRanger to represent Season 1 Trini, and might get an armored Black Ranger to represent Zack. Kat can wait.

Generally don't touch the American Ranger figures. I do consider buying some more old 90's monster figures to display with the rangers.Scale is off, but its fun having my childhood Eyeguy fight the Rangers on display.

I have the Legacy Ultrazord set, and the white Tigerzord. Waiting for Thunder Megazord prices to dip before I get it, because it doesn't wow me that much. The Ninja Megazord I'll buy MSRP, but not just yet. Propwise, I have Saba, and the Green/White and regular morphers. The movie morphers are alright, but that's a dangerous road to go on. I kinda regret not getting the dragon dagger, but Saba was more an impulse buy.

I have an incomplete '93 Megazord, and a few later zords. Also SRC Daizyujin, which I bought juuuust before prices went insane.
Will buy SoC Daizyujin as soon as it comes out. Kicking myself for missing the HLJ preorder; I can't believe they put that up during an American event/debut.
>>
>>5971989
I'm >>5972062
I also ran into a similar problem because I missed the boat for a lot of the US releases for these figures. I ended up just stalking Mandarake and getting it for a decent price. I don't know if ~$75 is what you'd consider too much money, though. Mandarake is a godsend for most of these figures except pink, which also ended up going for $100+, too.
>>
>>5971970
If your figuarts are the Bluefin release, you can get twice the amount the Japanese releases. Though that's mostly for the Mighty Morphin team, the other releases aren't as highly sought after.

Legacy Megazord has some sold demand due to the line continuing and releasing a Dragonzord and Titanus that are compatible with it. All 3 are sold out now with only black and gold variants available so you can definitely flip it for profit.

SRC Megazord has also had high demand due to being long sold out, but the SoC might bring down demand once it comes out.

Basically any MMPR stuff is bound to have value while every thing else is a toss up. Mostly due to the rest of the teams not being as popular and thus never really get a chance to build value for collections.
>>
>>5972062
You could represent Rocky/Aisha/Adam with their movie ranger suits they're only a little bit smaller than the figuarts I think.

>>5972109
Thanks,
I think some of them are bluefin releases at least I know yellow ranger has boobs but my red and green have the akibaranger extras so those aren't.

Hmm.. I guess I'll sell them all, don't know if it'll be better next month for the christmas season or february before the movie hype.
>>
>>5972145
Sell into movie hype for sure, maybe February but perhaps a little sooner if the movie starts to look worse. It could theoretically blow up like G1 Transformers did.
>>
https://youtu.be/E4NsNMT-_e0
>>
My power rangers collection is the Super Robot Chogokin Megazord and that's it.

>>5971911
I'll also buy this.
>>
>>5971970
>I have a shitload of figuart red rangers because I wanted a "forever red" display and now I'm left with not only an incomplete line but no place to put them so I wasted a bunch of fucking money on those and I doubt most of them are even popular int he after market.

Why, has Bandai stopped making Figuarts of the Rangers? What happened? Still need muh Maskman and Bioman
>>
>>5972716
It sold like shit its simple as that.
>>
The thing that kills Me about Super Sentai is how they make all these awesome monster designs and almost never any toys of them. I watched Shinkinger just for Fuwa Juzo, since his figuart was pretty damn cool. I'd love to have the other Gedou.

Right now I'm watching Magiranger. I would love even vinyl figures of Vancuria, N Ma, and the 10 Hades Gods. I know the 'logic' is that villains don't sell, but Kamen Rider and Ultraman have villain figures. What's the deal with Super Sentai? Is it just 'muh mecha' and 'muh red'?
>>
>>5972787
japan is actually retarded when it comes to merchandise. Instead of testing the market with the big bad released in small numbers, they shrug their shoulders and move on, not wanting to risk a minuscule amount of funds even with a possible gold mine inches away.
>>
>>5971877
My stuff is still the same minus my Gokai-Oh. I had to trade that off and I haven't bought anything after Build Dai Oh. Skipped all the smaller and the last biggest train and haven't bought anything since then.

>>5972794
It's Bandai, they hate releasing the bad guys of their shows unless it's from Gundam. It's like HasTak not releasing Decepticons with their Transformers.
>>
Personally I hate power Rangers.
But thanks for making this general. Keep your stuff out of toku.
>>
>>5972858
the new movie looks interesting, like they're hybridizing the toku ideas and the westernized approach, making the bullied into the heroes like toku has at times, and using more alien stuff, less hackjob edited in stuff.
>>
File: IMG_4542.jpg (258KB, 1451x1814px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4542.jpg
258KB, 1451x1814px
WE NEED DINOZORD POWER NOW!!
>>
File: IMG_7283.jpg (1MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7283.jpg
1MB, 3872x2592px
>>5974074

doooo doooo doooo doodoo doooooooo
>>
File: DSC_4517s.jpg (1MB, 1528x1528px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4517s.jpg
1MB, 1528x1528px
>>5974074
>>5974080
>>
File: IMG_2091.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2091.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Mine is too small to call a "collection" at the moment. I picked up this guy at the Ronald McDonald sale locally for $6, he's missing the staff and the tail/crotchplate piece but it's okay, I don't want to shell out the $20 some people are charging for the tail piece on eBay and I'm happy with him as he is for nostalgia.

I have him and a Tigerzord from a garage sale, which is a missing it's shoulderpad orb things, but otherwise is in okay condition and on display in my room.
>>
File: IMG_2092.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2092.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>5974110
>>
I really wish they'd stick as many villains in their legacy collection as they have in Dino Charge. Some of the main baddies over the years have had some extremely cool designs.
>>
>>5974193
Seriously. I even buy the Dino Charge villains just to support
>>
>>5971911
Same here, I wanted to get the Legacy, and passed. Wanted to get the SRC, passed. Passed on the figuarts and all other toys. This one I am not, and will probably be the only MMPR toy I buy (save for a SOC Dragonzord)
>>
S.H.Figuarts MMPR Figures. One full set is MOC.
(3) Red
(3) Blue
(3) Black
(3) Yellow
(2) Pink
(3) Green
(3) White
(3) Armored Red
(3) Armored Black
(1) Custom Bulk+Skull
(6) Custom Putties
(3) Custom Super Putties
(1) Custom Goldar
(1) Custom Rita Rapuzla
(1) Custom Lord Zedd

Legacy Megazords:
(3) Legacy Megazords
(3) BlackGold Legacy Megazords
(2) 2010 Megazords
(3) Legacy Dragonzords
(2) B/G Legacy Dragonzords
(2) Legacy Titanus Godcarriers
(2) Legacy Thunder Megazords
(2) Legacy Ninja Megazords
(2) Legacy Tigerzords
(2) Legacy Falconzords

Legacy Replicas:
(5) Legacy Power Morphers
(2) Legacy 24k Gold Green/White Morpher
(1) Legacy Green/White Power Morpher
(2) Legacy White Movie Morpher
(5) Legacy Communicators /customs
(2) Legacy Green/White Tommy Communicators
(3) Legacy 24k Gold Blade Blaster
(5) Legacy Blade Blaster /customs
(1) Legacy 24k Gold Tiger Saber Saba
(1) Legacy Tiger Saber Saba
(1) Legacy 24k Gold Dragon Dagger
(1) Legacy Dragon Dagger
(1) Legacy Red Ranger Helmets
(5) Legacy Red Ranger Helmets /customs
(2) Movie Replica Green/White Helmets

Legacy Figures:
(5+) Legacy Green Figures
(5+) Legacy Red Figures
(5+) Legacy Red Ninja
(5+) Legacy Blue Ninja
(5+) Legacy Yellow Ninja

1990's Megazords:
(2) Megazords
(1) B/G Megazord
(2) Dragonzords
(3) Titanus
(2) Thunderzord Assault Team
(2) Red Dragon Thunderzord
(2) Tor Turtlezord
(2) Tigerzord
(1) Zedd's Serpentzord
(1) Ninja Megazord
(1) Falconzord

1990's Replicas:
(1) Dragon Dagger
(1) Green Power Blaster
(1) Saba Talking Tiger
(1) Power Blaster
(1) Jason Powersword
(1) Kim's Bow
(2) Billys Knifes/PoleKnifes
(2) Trinis Daggers
(1) Zach Axe
(6) Blade Blasters
(6) Power Morphers
(1) Deluxe Tower R.A.M.
(1) 7-in-1 Zeo Blaster
(1) Golden Power Staff

Anyone got similar to mine? MMPR or bust, niggah
>>
Bought the legacy tigerzord bird the other day at toysrus on a whim. Had the original as a kid so this will be fun to put on the shelf
>>
File: IMG_6153.gif (314KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6153.gif
314KB, 500x282px
>>5974080
You brought me right back to my childhood senduki.
>>
File: IMG_3650.jpg (571KB, 2176x2176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3650.jpg
571KB, 2176x2176px
>>5977244
>>
File: IMG_6173.jpg (763KB, 3136x1987px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6173.jpg
763KB, 3136x1987px
>>5977397

Yeah!
>>
File: IMG_6017.jpg (59KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6017.jpg
59KB, 720x360px
>>5977397
You must be kid b?
>>
Not liking the designs too much but I'm glad they're continuing to stick a bunch of villains in the Ninja Steel Line.
>>
>>5971877
I really wish BoA'd stuck with this scale. I'm glad we're getting more kaijin, but the current 5" scale's too short for going up against 6-8" Kaiju/mecha figures and too big to be mooks against 4" figures.
>>
File: iZenuYd.jpg (372KB, 980x705px) Image search: [Google]
iZenuYd.jpg
372KB, 980x705px
>>5974193
>95% of the villains made over the last 23 years have been in 5 inch scale
>legacy line is 6.5
I cannot even begin to describe how much this rustles my jimmies.
>>
File: tumblr_nj7kyr3JQj1qmtjx8o3_400.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj7kyr3JQj1qmtjx8o3_400.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>5977397
>not positioning the fin properly before taking photos
>>
File: esa_fivepointfive_rita.jpg (28KB, 231x400px) Image search: [Google]
esa_fivepointfive_rita.jpg
28KB, 231x400px
>>5981673
>tfw i'll never have a 5" Rita to go with my 5" Zedd, Goldar, Rito, Master Vile, Ivan Ooze, and army of MMPR monsters
It never stops hurting.
>>
File: dragonzord.jpg (55KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
dragonzord.jpg
55KB, 720x540px
>>5977397
>>5981673

>not positioning the fin properly before taking photos

Elaborate, please.
>>
>>5982446
It's pointed down too far.
>>
>>5982452
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.