[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General - You're Gay Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 92

Previous Thread >>5962286
>>
What are the best TR figures

I'm skipping the line mostly but some of them like chromedome seem neat
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
Anon with the ko red alert here.

So I'm pretty much wrapped up the talks with the ebay seller, basically he just outright said fuck these scammers giving me fake stuff, and gave me 3 options for my "refund"

>Partial refund at 50%
>Send it back, get all money
>Choose between takara united jazz OR takara united warpath (still good market value, or so he said)

Naturally, I chose the 50% partial refund, because that's effectively more than the $25 I was thinking of asking back (I mentioned ko's on ebay were about $50 from china free shipping) and the thing is, yes I wanted the official thing, but this isn't my first experience with a ko, its just annoying I didn't pick up on it sooner and that the front wheelpins are loose which means I'll need to fix them myself.

TLDR today was a good day, looks like being nice worked out better than being an entitled man child screaming "I WANTED TO BUY OFFICIAL BECAUSE IM A COLLECTOR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Its kinda funny, while the chest peg connection sucks and needs modification his arms are legs are tighter than my ko g2 sideswipe, I guess when I'm bored I can play with these 2, unlike mp hot rodimus who I need to be careful not to damage his chrome.

>this isn't your blog

Whoops, well maybe an anon with the same issue can learn how to negotiate what to do with ko's rather than give a bad mark and get little out of it
>>
>>5964332

I just got Mindwipe in the mail and he's pretty cool. His transformation is unique and he has a good amount of paint compared to the other TR figures. Highbrow is also a fun toy. He's simple yet well designed.
>>
File: hardhead exo suit.jpg (85KB, 1200x692px) Image search: [Google]
hardhead exo suit.jpg
85KB, 1200x692px
>>5964332

Chromedome is solid.

Hardhead is damn fine.,
>>
>>5964336
How much did you pay for it? Is the issue that you thought it was a legit one or that it was a crappy ko?

I probably would have gone with the Tak Jazz depending on how much you paid for it. I love that mold and the Tak version looks awesome.
>>
>>5964332
So far they all seem pretty neat, hardhead looks beefy and poses well despite lack of waist swivel, skullcruncher would be even better but his most common qc issue is his loose legs so unless you pay a bit more for the takara version (differing face sculpt is subjective) you either endure with a rag doll or get out the pledge, chromedome is very reminiscent or the cw breakdown toys with the transformation so while he looks good he feels very same same, I don't have wolfwire but he sounds good, highbrow seems ok but his transformation is just like scourges since he is a retool (but he isn't classed as a shellformer apparently) and blurr and hardhead are basically the same toy minus extra wings.

Mindwipe had rubber wing tips and bathead so if you worry about longevity there's that/.
>>
>>5964332
WeirdWolf is delicious and my fave
>>
>>5964336
KO's always drive me nuts

Even when they tell you it's legit it could still be a KO

I bought Tracks for cheap lately off amazon and it's not going to be here for a while so I'm here twiddling my thumbs going "gee I hope that thing I'll get in december isn't a Takasa Tomy product or anything"
>>
>>5964341
I think Hardhead and Wolfwire are my favorites. I added Nonnef's feet for Hardhead to I've him better proportions and Wolfwire is just very sleek, not much kibble except his wolf head and that's always supposed to be on his back.

They're all pretty great. I'm really enjoying TR.
>>
>>5964339
I might get those two

I'm typically not a fan of "Cybertronian blank" but That tank mode looks great
>>
>>5964340
I paid $99.99aud, had ebay 10%off so minus that.

I was more burnt that it wasn't listed as a ko and the box was tattered despite being listed as "new" (seller claimed it came like that), and since I can get a ko from china free shipping for $50...you can see where I'm getting at).

I'm glad I'm not the diehard I used to be, I may of been stupid and taken the full refund but lose money shipping it back, at the end of the day still cheaper than buying a used one from mandarake for 10,000yen and dealing with god knows what.

Its just that chest peg that can't lock in and wheel pins that are my main concerns now, since he's essentially a toy and not a collectors piece I'm just gonna fuck around with him for a bit, got any ideas on what to stuff into the pins so they hold still but still roll, I can almost push them out of their sockets

>>5964343
Well I had a g2 bumblebee from an auction claiming it was real, and it sure was, infact I used him as the benchmark for checking boxes (seems ko's have a slight glossier surface overall than ko's).

As for tracks you can get him for 6000yen or so, seems people are just trying to get rid of him, his mold sister roadrage is going even cheaper.

THAT said do you like rubber tires or do you prefer longer lasting plastic, because the takasa tony tracks has rubber tires, a slight improvement, one anon here said it was pretty good overall as well.

I honestly see ko's like hasbro toys, you either get it just right or its utter shit that you might want to swap, in my case its the later but I'm a bit hardy, I did fix my ratchets on my cw skylynx
>>
>>5964348
The face is a tough thing on hardhead, with takara's you get his recognizable face from headmasters, problem is it can come off as mushy, you're gonna have to look up HD rez images and decide for yourself.

Even though I own a takara hardhead I honestly like the hasbro face more, it lacks character, but kinda makes him look more like a killer robot than the Sylvester Stallone-ish face takara's has, I just lucked out seeing which pre-order would arrive first
>>
>>5964349
I really prefer to just have authentic products.

I have that "If I'm going to get KOs I might as well just get 3Ps" mindset that rapes my wallet.

About your first point though, that's always the real stinger. Like 99% of sellers that know it's KO will tell you it's KO, but once in a while you'll get someone with no ill will or anything selling a KO that they think is an authentic product.
>>
>>5964353
Same here, its just the fact (aside from getting the bland anime color version) its an old mold, takara wasn't getting my money or support either way so I'm a bit more open on ko's in this case.

If they ever do a reissue via hlj or whatever I might buy the real deal and keep the ko's on open display rather than be extra cautious in handling them, I'm still pissed that the closest thing to a reissue was a ttmall exclusive
>>
File: SA-X.jpg (166KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SA-X.jpg
166KB, 768x1024px
>>5964260
>Disguise herself from being a robot by making a projection of a smaller robot
Good job
>>
File: test.jpg (88KB, 629x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
88KB, 629x960px
Despite having the old ultra class, this is why I bought the mp.

Especially the robot mode, its like like a reverse mp, all of the attention is put into the robot mode (but to their credit, beast modes are hard for convertible robots)
>>
>>5964362
The beast mode for Primal isn't even bad aside from the feet. You could easily convince someone that you just bought a weird Gorilla figure and all the lines and shit are just articulation points.
>>
>>5964367
>optimus primal
>weird gorilla toy

MONEY OUT FOR HARAMBE
>>
They should have included swappable "beast face" face to resemble that stupid bullshit on the original Primal toy

They usually love giving nods to stupid little features like that.
>>
File: delta fuck your wallet magnus.jpg (139KB, 960x836px) Image search: [Google]
delta fuck your wallet magnus.jpg
139KB, 960x836px
Hi again, ko anon, I mentioned I also had a second delta magnus come in as well if you recall.

Well I did contact the seller, they finally responded, they're gonna ship me a postage label and all I gotta do is post it off back to them, and I get store credit as a thank you for my honesty.

I'm too much of a moral fag, but hay, I bug these guys all the time, its about time I do something nice other than ask stupid questions like cancelling sentinel prime for astrotrain
>>
>>5964378
I would have loved this. Even as a kid I hated OP's dumb gorilla face. I want a more realistic one. I loved the looks of the older toys' beast modes.
>>
>>5964378
You mean the mutant face?

I'm surprised there isn't something akin to mp ultra magnus's white prime head under the face plate connector, its just a hollow horrific empty slot, even just a pair of red bug eyes would of worked
>>
>>5964384
I was actually talking about the mutant face gimmick (I forgot what it was called), but you make a good point.

I think having a swappable realistic face for their beast modes would be a pleasing option for people who are interested in more realitic looking animals
>>
>>5964387
I think they blew their stupid callback gimmick budget on that metal mace that was a limited preorder exclusive.
>>
>>5964332

Pretty much any of the Deluxes are good other than the QC issues and Hasbro Blurr/Scourge. Not because they're bad, but because their color schemes are lazy and poor.

QC issues known so far:

-Skullcruncher's loose thigh swivels/leg ball joints. Fixable with futureshine.
-Weirdwolf's cockpit hinges can break. Can't do anything about it, it either will break or it won't, it's a factory problem.
-Scourge/Highbrow's neck port is a bit floppy. This is due to it being raised out of the body. Can be fixed but I dunno how and it's not really a problem given you can still pose the head just fine.

For the Voyagers, the Astrotrain/Sentinel molds are good, but the Astrotrain version can have loose gun issues when you're plugging them into the wings. Skip Galvatron unless you don't mind his facemask.

Leaders, Blaster mold is good. Soundwave version has paint rub for the gold on his chest though. Skip PM Prime unless you REALLY like his look. He's not a bad mold, just, really fucking ugly looking.

Legends, pretty much anything but the cat and bird cassette mold is good. Cat mold is ugly and shitty, especially the Ravage version which is made of shitty, bendy plastic, and the bird mold is meh just because it's not very interesting or good. Wheelie can have some tabbing issues in car mode, but it's a case by case basis. Mine tabs just fine.
>>
File: primal grin.gif (971KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
primal grin.gif
971KB, 300x200px
>>5964362
>>
>>5964362
>>5964367

He doesn't look bad at all in Gorilla mold. What did people expect, some sort of seamless plastic with no panel lines? Thats not gonna happen, unless you coat the whole figure in rubber skin, at which point he's not going to be a transformer anymore, because he'll be encased in rubber.

Shit, I don't even like BW that much, but I totally am going to buy Harambe Prime just to have a cool gorilla figure hanging around my desj.
>>
>>5964387
Oh yeah. The battle mask would have been sweet too.
>>
>>5964397
Yeah I really find it odd that people complain about it.

Wanting a realistic gorrilla is a fine complaint I guess, but what we got couldn't possibly look any better until the toy industry adopts nanomachines
>>
>>5964397
There are still some issues but even I can forgive them, the hinge joints (a throw back to the old toy, or perhaps a better option than rubber seemless joints?), the fact alot of the robot mode sticks out from the cracks of the beast mode (it can't get any better though, not without unnecessary kibble), he's also quite small, and not as jam packed as the old ultra class.

I bought him for the robot mode, but the beast mode is sufficient to least be recognizable and not something I'd want to hide
>>
>>5964399
I mean it looks great in regards to looking like the show model and honestly it's pretty impressive in that regards. I don't mind any of the panel lines or seams or anything. I just want a face like >>5964387

Although I was considering just getting him and doing some modding on whichever face plate I hate the most.
>>
http://toyhax.com/symbols-for-tf/2177-cartoon-sloppy-symbols.html

This is a pretty funny product
I have to wonder what kind of cartoon accuracyfags in this world exist to want to buy poorly animated logo stickers
>>
>>5964399
>Wanting a realistic gorrilla is a fine complaint I guess

If he looked realistic though, he wouldn't look like the show. Which is the point of the MP line, to get as close to show accuracy as they can within reason.

I can see why people might want a realistic gorilla mode, but that wouldn't ever happen for an MP unless they changed the direction of the line or did this as a one-off figure. And that would only piss off everyone who wanted him to look accurate to the show, so it's a lose/lose situation because you can't really have both at the same time. A simple faceplate change wouldn't change how the rest of it isn't "realistic gorilla-ey" enough.
>>
>>5964404
Well mp shockwave does come with a sticker sheet with 2 types of decepticon logos on it with one being just a cleaner version of the sloppy animation version.

People want options you know, I mean...I sadly just watched one of emgo's reviews and he basically just cried "I BUY REPRO LABELS FOR ALL RID2015 FIGURES BECAUSE OF A LACK OF PAINT".

Not even takara's versions fix what the reprolabels fix, I don't know why he keeps bothering
>>
>>5964405
>A simple faceplate change wouldn't change how the rest of it isn't "realistic gorilla-ey" enough.
It would have been enough for me. But I understand what you mean.
>>
>>5964407
>I sadly just watched one of emgo's reviews
I feel sorry for you anon
>>
>>5964407
I know and I respect that choice, I'll never complain about options.

I just find the idea of someone sticking sloppy logo decals on his toys and finally being content that his collection looks exactly like it did on the show to be amusing. Like they were the thing he was missing all his life.
>>
>>5964409
>PAAAALM IN YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAACE

I wish he knocked me out and I forgot about the experience when he said that
>>
>>5964407
>I don't know why he keeps bothering

He probably has the money to do it. I mean, shit, if I had a lot of money I'd totally buy a ton of dumb shit I don't need.

Beyond the dumb shit I already buy that I don't need, I mean.

>>5964408

Yeah. It would be a cool addition, but I just wouldn't see it happening, and even if they did it it'd probably not be enough for someone else. I'm just happy they included the closed faceplate. I always hated the lips-through-the-faceplate thing he had going on, it looked ridiculous to me. Like the animators just couldn't accept that a faceplate was the mouth on a robot or something.

I do get that it was probably to give him more expressiveness, but eh, plenty of mouthless characters in fiction have lots of expressiveness already...
>>
File: 2016 blurr comparison.jpg (198KB, 1080x811px) Image search: [Google]
2016 blurr comparison.jpg
198KB, 1080x811px
>>5964412
>I just find the idea of someone sticking sloppy logo decals on his toys and finally being content that his collection looks exactly like it did on the show to be amusing

Well there are people who like accuracy to insane degrees.

You know what would be funny, if reprolabels made 2 sticker sheets for pic related, I would be in hysterics if the hasbro one got stickers to look more like the takara and the takara got stickers to look more like the hasbro.

I really, REALLY, want to see someone post that here and tell me how great either option is, its dumb but I would die a happy man if reprolabels and a collector were both that retarded.

Is it bad to wish to see a double fail?
>>
>>5964413
Is there any reviewer out there that isn't cringey enough to watch their videos?

I mostly watch optibotimus because I like his light setting more than I hate how he talks

I tried watching emgo because he posts 3P more frequently but man I can't fucking stomach him

Wotafa is cool but I don't know moonspeak sooo
>>
>>5964418
That's a good question and the answer is now.

I watch optibotimus videos because despite the fact that he talks like a moron and likes to mistransform things and then complain about it (his bruticus video makes me want to strangle a dog), he at least knows how to record a good video.

I only really watch videos for sstuff I'm not certain about getting though.
>>
File: img0389me.jpg (233KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
img0389me.jpg
233KB, 598x800px
>>5964397
Here is one attempt at coating him in fur courtesy of Encline.
>>
>>5964425

They should've done it in pink and gave him a big pimp hat and cane.
>>
File: 1471010373849.png (25KB, 107x199px) Image search: [Google]
1471010373849.png
25KB, 107x199px
>>5964362
b-but Takara-chan, I didn't want to spend money on Transformers this month
>>
>>5964418

I watch a ton of reviewers because most all of them are usually "Whatever 10/10 figure of the year" and aren't really reviewers but showcases. But to get a truly good look at a figure you usually need to consult multiple videos, and some catch things others don't.

tl;dr Watch everything, form your own opinion. Mute them if you really can't stand the voices.
>>
File: TarnDOITFAGGOT.png (417KB, 604x326px) Image search: [Google]
TarnDOITFAGGOT.png
417KB, 604x326px
>>5964427
>>
>>5964424
I mostly watch reviews because I'm a poorfag and I can't really buy too much toys, so it helps me to see how they all look OoB

>>5964428
Oh no, I don't watch reviews for their opinion, just to see how the toy looks from all angles and how is the transformation.
>>
>>5964418
None are immune to some sort of personal complaint, I have a thing for each, alot of of emgo's opinions are pretty close to mine so I can relate to his opinions, the sketches at the end while kiddish remind me of robbert184 of gundamreviews.tk so its kinda nostalgic, optibotimus has better video quality so I tend to ignore his babbling and patronizing.

I used to like peugh but his ham handing is becoming worse and worse, if life is giving you shit stop, think, and don't push it out to your viewers, take a fucking break.

>>5964424
>his bruticus video makes me want to strangle a dog
Anon, no!
>>
File: 1434398935724.png (559KB, 603x603px) Image search: [Google]
1434398935724.png
559KB, 603x603px
>>5964427
>>
>>5964414
>>5964407
>>5964409
Why do people not like emgo? I don't mind his reviews. He goes into detail on little things and he is not super serious about reviewing figures unlike other people.
>>
>>5964445
He is cringier than vange1us. That stupid mascot shit is retarded.
>>
>>5964445
>light setting is shit
>WMM-tier intro
>stupid mascot
>forced humour
>he's literally screaming
>overly defensive to criticism
>>
>>5964445
His gimmick mascot and the way he handles his reviews better appeals to less serious, younger viewers.

Its an opinion thing really, like how people pick on tjomega for basically being the classic nerd sterotype (I like him the most actually but only because he was the first tf reviewer I watched)
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 1000x800px
>>5964447
I can agree on the cringe and mascot part. I only watch the videos on third party products
>>
>>5964453
Watch benscollectables then.
Granted he doesn't as frequently as emgo and he too biased sometimes, but the video quality is top-tier. Plus his accent makes me cum
>>
File: test.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
Did someone want watermarks?

Too bad, none here!
>>
Well shoot. It happened. The yellow part of the hinge on WW's back broke. Looking at it it it looks like he just doesn't have enough clearance for the yellow part if you look at it with his beast head flipped back. So if there any kind of blemish or ridge that gets hung up there you're basically prying it apart and it just snaps. Luckily the red parts seem fine and has plenty of room. I don't like relying on clear plastic, but I don't see any reason it should break.
>>
>>5964453
>any youtube video
>screaming, 3min intro's on 2 minutes of actual videos
>all youtubers always screaming all the time over anything because it's "funny"

I blame streamers for this shit. Once a few of the retards became popular everything turned to copying their retard antics.
>>
File: test.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>5964460
>>
File: test.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>5964463
Bee looks pretty bland here, would people really want this?

I like the car mode better than the newer ones I admit
>>
File: test.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>5964464
>>
File: test.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>5964468
This megatron seems nice, but I got the old leader class, I tend to like the bulk of it over this.

But in terms of articulation which is better?
>>
>>5964464
>>5964468
Yeah I don't know why /that's/ what chose for Bee. Haven't we gotten that same toy in that same deco a bajillion times?
>>
File: test.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>5964469
>>
>>5964471
I find it odd as well, considering Human Alliance was a way better Bumblebay
>>
File: test.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>5964472
Now this is a rich purple, not a fan of bay shockwave though

>>5964471
Must be some sorta significance to it, would of been nice if it was a painted glossy yellow but they might be worried about its playability ie paint rub
>>
File: test.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>5964474
>>
>>5964416
You know, I'd like to learn which sections of Takara blurr use white plastic. I can tell the head, chest, pilot seat, and hands are white plastic, but I can't tell if the feet are painted (looks like most of the leg is just painted white).
>>
File: test.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>5964476
Never was a fan of movie ironhide either, this is supposedly the elader right or a voyager, I forget.
>>
>>5964469
>>5964472
Oh, this looks pretty good though. That's probably my second favorite movie Megs after the DotM Mad Max one. And that's a MUCH better deco than the weird blue/gray/teal the original one had.

>>5964474
>>5964476
Looking a little blue-er than I would prefer.
>>
File: test.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>5964481
>>
File: test.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>5964483
This ratchet looks good too, was thinking of getting the movie advanced g1 colored version one day.

>>5964482
Fair bit of megs is painted in silver paint, head, chest and thigh armor.

Shockwave and his purples never pleases everybody
>>
File: test.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>5964484
>>
File: test.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>5964485
I'm torn, its not really a soundwave based altmode, it barely resembles him with only the head, but the car mode in all silver paint is amazing.

What really tears me up is that "dark side" redeco in the movie advanced line is also amazing
>>
>You have one job, Mr. Bay
>Ok lol
>red van turns into black truck
>gun turns into whatever the fuck
>red truck turns into blue truck with flames because fuck if I know
>white ambulance turns into yellow because who the fuck knows why, have you ever seen a yellow fucking ambulance?

Fuck I can't believe this shit made it to film. Did Hasbro even bother checking ANYTHING these shitheads did?
>>
File: test.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>5964487
>>
File: test.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>5964489
I don't want a dorito starscream, I don't want a dorito starscream, I don't want a dorito starscream, I don't want a dorito starscream...

But holy shit that deco won me over, shit now I have another f22
>>
File: test.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>5964490
>>
File: test.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>5964492
Seems the dinobots are stuck in limbo
>>
File: test.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>5964495
>>
File: test.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>5964500
Least they gave us one new duo of images
>>
>>5964468
This should have been battle blades bee.
>>
>>5964488
>>red van turns into black truck
Completely subjective choice, I actually prefer him like that

>gun turns into whatever the fuck
Mass shifiting guns were the most stupid thing from G1, glad they didn't include them

>red and blue truck turns into red and blue truck with flames because american trucks are often decorated like that
Ftfy

>white ambulance turns into yellow because who the fuck knows why, have you ever seen a yellow fucking ambulance?
Please get out of your basement
>>
File: test.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>5964503
>>
>>5964481
Movie Ironhide is great when you think about it, but not when you look at it.

Like a big black robot with truck grill shoulders and huge guns? Gold

A horrible CGI mess and toys that look like they're broken? Naw.
>>
File: test.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>5964507
And what I really want to see, seems like its already triggering people.

I just want someone to fight my leader megatron
>>
File: test.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>5964509
that's all folks!

>>5964508
Agreed, but I also lack any love for ironhide in the first place
>>
File: test.png (213KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
213KB, 477x480px
HOLD THE FUCK ON KIDDIES

ITS ANOTHER SENTINEL PRIME HEAD
>>
File: test.png (392KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
392KB, 800x586px
>>5964512
For a half arsed repaint...its tempting.

Ok, fuck everything, I'm getting this so now I can have 3 sentinel prime heads
>>
>>5964512
>>5964514

I like it, but I don't $55 like it.
>>
File: test.png (555KB, 800x704px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
555KB, 800x704px
>>5964514
...yeah half arsed alright, could painted the teeth detail in, but on well, they're fist.

Still that maxamal logo on the chest jewel is a beautiful touch

>>5964515
Fair call
>>
>>5964362
Ugh, WAY too show accurate. Show accuracy isn't always a good thing. Where's all the toy details? Who wanted a show accurate toy? It needs references to other unrelated things too.
>>
File: test.jpg (104KB, 960x877px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
104KB, 960x877px
Last one for now I hope, someone just shopped the cartoon model with the upcoming mp thrust.
>>
>>5964514
Wait, he also has one of Astrotrains guns to his side? Weird.
>>
File: YOUUUUNG WARRIOR.jpg (16KB, 236x343px) Image search: [Google]
YOUUUUNG WARRIOR.jpg
16KB, 236x343px
>>5964522
You're right, it needs pepsi advertisements all over it, or make it all clear, all clear plastic!
>>
>>5964524
Good spotting, wonder if its an additional accessory or a mistake.
>>
>>5964523
Looks gr8, the coneheads are the shit and I've always wanted an oficial Thrust, but isn't that mold going to be totally off scale now that MPs have become 2/3rds the size?
>>
>>5964514
That mode looks a lot better in those colours. It's giving me a real SDF-1 vibe. The lion mode is a bit weak but I've given up on there ever being a Leo-Prime with a decent lion mode and good articulation.
>>
>>5964509
>>5964511
The paintjob on that looks amazing, actually. How much will it cost?
>>
>>5964529
Not really, it scales well with mp shockwave and mp soundwave who line up find with mp-10.

Its the autobot cars that are the problem, they're scaled to FIT INTO mp10's trailer, and ultra/magnus as well (and those too are fucking tanks)

>>5964532
Premium collectables list it as $99.95aud currently, sneaky considering free shipping starts at $100 on the dot.

I'm waiting on hlj to start listing so I can just merge it with my big ass packages
>>
>>5964529
for the non-cars they seem to be going off robot mode scale.

The seekers are all small planes but in robot mode they scale up perfectly with Prime's robot mode
>>
>>5964512
This guy and the baybots except for bee and leader Optimus are up on amiami too.
>>
File: 1410804272640.jpg (9KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1410804272640.jpg
9KB, 251x251px
>>5964535
WHAT, NOW!?

FUUUUUCK
>>
>>5964535
Nevermind it's only leader OP who's not up yet.
>>
>>5964481
Actually, it's the deluxe.
>>
>>5964313
>make new thread

>not posting link to new thread in old thread

Why?
>>
>>5964514
It's mostly a repaint, but also a VERY slight remold. They changed the cockpit on the shuttle mode. The original Alpha Trion had that weird "Victory Leo" Lion-shaped cockpit lookin thing.
>>
>>5964542
They always forget that, I'd say it's more important to do that than link to the previous thread, but they seem to think otherwise.
>>
MP Jetfire when?

I want to see if they'll try and retool the seeker mold into being able to do a gerwalk.
>>
File: test.jpg (170KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
170KB, 1200x675px
>>5964543
Looks more like they painted the titan master cockpit than anything new to it mold wise, If they're still keeping the same plastic types that blue bit is all that's left that shows what it used to be, otherwise they drowned it.

They even done it so it looks more integrated with the alt mode rather than "LOOK AT ME, I OPEN"
>>
>>5964550
They can't do that for jetfire anon, for a start none of it resembles a seeker, the current mp seeker legs can't bend back far enough, and jetfire is bigger in comparison.

An mp jetfire will have to be an all new mold, and I'll welcome this
>>
>>5964545
So Takara's only releasing one Legends figure in January, and February? That blows, even it if makes sense with all the movie toy re-releases.
>>
>>5964526
It's painted, that bit should be either red, or white so it might be tossed in.
>>
>you will NEVER get transformer crossover toys with famous movie and tv show vehicles
>>
>>5964562
Gives them time to plan up what to do with the next legends figures.

Remember, we in hasbro territory are getting black shadow and sixshot, I imagine overlord getting a super ginrai like retool depending on what hasbro does with him

>>5964570
What about 3p?

We already got evangelion and hello kitty abominations as well as star wars and marvel
>>
>>5964572
Overlord is still a long way to go for them, it should come out either along the time we get it (from June to August), or much later if they need to retool it.

Plus we're all forgetting something very important. Their Overlord is probably coming out at the same time they're releasing their God Bomber.
>>
>>5964575
That's if they do it seeing how the rumor mill is inconsistent.

Gonna be fun though, I doubt hasbro's one would be compatible with the takara one, either way I see retooling on that as well
>>
>>5964577
We're not really sure if Hasbro's even making one. Sure, they're making "Iron Apex" but everything points to that being a deluxe, and including PM Prime's upgrade in a set with a bunch of other figures would piss most people off.
>>
>>5964481
>>5964483
Ironhide is a eh. The silver on the rims really kills it for me.

>>5964484
>>5964485
Ratchet is a total yes, love the first 2 movie deco.
>>
>>5964570
>>you will NEVER get transformer crossover toys with famous movie and tv show vehicles
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Crossovers
>>
File: computronpoke.jpg (23KB, 286x279px) Image search: [Google]
computronpoke.jpg
23KB, 286x279px
I have a question

so i pre-ordered from ages 3 and up with the UW Computron restock they were getting for September, it doesn't tell if me if it came in or not but it's telling me it's time to pay now
if i pay, will it ship out or not?
I'm kind of confused since it says its not in stock but yet i need to pay

the fuck am i suppose to do? i never got a email that said it was in stock
>>
>>5964598
Just pay for it u dumb
>>
>>5964591
Obviously not what he meant.
>>
>>5964522
Show accuracy is SHIT unless it's for a garbage show from 1980 that can't even be accurate BETWEEN SHOTS
>>
>>5964598
Good chance its in, just pay for it.

If it takes 4 months to arrive then send angry email, wait 6 and you better ship yourself to them to give them a face to face encounter of the slow kind
>>
File: tf scale arguments be like.jpg (43KB, 960x662px) Image search: [Google]
tf scale arguments be like.jpg
43KB, 960x662px
>>5964607
>>
>>5964606
Famous movie and tv show vehicles?

The star wars one covers the "movie" aspect, back the future isn't a tv show either its a movie
>>
>>5964611
How do you fare with that level of autism?
>>
>>5964490
This is the voyager, right? Honestly it's quite a good mold, does a really good job of representing both his robot and plane mode with minimal kibble.
>>
File: autismo dude.png (148KB, 335x275px) Image search: [Google]
autismo dude.png
148KB, 335x275px
>>5964617
Quite well, I'm an expert.

Come on pleb, step up to my level
>>
>>5964572
>What about 3p?

3P's have the Metal Slug and Vic Viper.
>>
>>5964607
t. IDW shitposter
>>
>>5964633
t. Butthurt geewunner
>>
>>5964418
I like watching current-style Vangelus because of the productiom values; very entertaining even if you didn't care about the figures.

Enjoyment of Thew may vary with people, but watching him feels like talking to a good friend. He can at selling me on anything.
>>
Personally I don't mind g1 accuracy, unless it's TOO accurate, like mp ironhide, ratchet, inferno or grapple who all have large areas of flat detailess panels
>>
>>5964468
Aside from the new weapon, that looks exactly like Hasbro's first release of the figure. It even has the plain silver Autobot symbols.
>>
>>5964490
>Movie-accurate hands on Voyager Starscream
Huh. When did they first release this tooling?
>>
File: rotf-starscream20-jpg.jpg (237KB, 888x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rotf-starscream20-jpg.jpg
237KB, 888x1000px
>>5964656
Looks like the same hands to me. Or are you refering to movie 1 starscream? The ROTF Voyager was a completely new mold.
>>
File: 1438825214944.jpg (13KB, 255x225px) Image search: [Google]
1438825214944.jpg
13KB, 255x225px
>>5964490
>tfw this would have been the perfect bayformer voyager Starscream if it didn't have retard hands
>>
File: starscream146[1].jpg (81KB, 800x431px) Image search: [Google]
starscream146[1].jpg
81KB, 800x431px
>>5964656
It's not the movie 1 mold, it's the second movie's entirely new mold. It has a nice transformation, but it got snubbed by folks for visible hands syndrome and the eventual leader class figure capturing everyone's hearts.
>>
>>5964665
>>5964660
Huh. Yeah, I always thought ROTF was a slight retool of 2007. My first Starscream was the HFTD leader so I never really cared.
>>
>>5964660
>>5964664

That's a lie and you know, it's pretty bad in general.
>>
File: ROTF Voyager.jpg (60KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
ROTF Voyager.jpg
60KB, 1152x864px
>>5964668
The ROTF voyager was known for its transformation which involved splitting the fuselage right down the middle and folding the halves around the nose, a plane transformation scheme that only works for Doritoscream.

This reduced the under-kibble in plane mode but unfortunately the hands were left hanging out in the rear.
>>
>>5964685
Oh damn, that looks cool. I can imagine a butterfly knife One-Step using a simplified design.
>>
>>5964543
>The original Alpha Trion had that weird "Victory Leo" Lion-shaped cockpit lookin thing.

That is just strange since Victory Leo's third mode was something the television staff made up like SIxshot's Wingwolf.
>>
>>5964349
$50? Where are you looking. You can get a KO MP car for $26 shipped. Sometimes $30
>>
>>5964351
It's only mushy on the prototype you fucking retarded. Everybody that owns the actual toy will tell you that.
>>
File: paralon is in.jpg (190KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
paralon is in.jpg
190KB, 1280x960px
my paralon came in the mail, starscream too. starscream's hips are loose and his elbows are tight, unfortunately
>>
Can someone give me a list of super worthless Deluxes (and others) that can be found on eBay for under $10 MISB?

I found one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Age-of-Extinction-Generations-Deluxe-Class-Hot-Shot-New-/122177882159?hash=item1c725e882f:g:7qYAAOSwmLlX6F4g
I don't want this ugly redeco, though.
>>
>>5964798
I'm really loving Starscream. Such a well designed transformation.
>>
>>5964809
feels like i'm going to hamhand it
>>
Wheres ma brawn? I wants ma brawn!
>>
Does anyone know if this is a transformer mold? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Twist-Deformation-Car-Robot-Vehicle-Toy-For-Children-Birthday-gift-/401202861936?hash=item5d698dd770:g:4wwAAOSwYIxX-Pka
>>
>>5964817
Just looks like one of those generic molds you see in Poundland and such, I don't think its a KO of a Transformer.
>>
Are these Legends Class movie figures worth $1 each? I just want the toys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Transformers-Bumblebee-Transforming-Robot-Car-ACTION-FIGURE-and-Sam-/262624917531?var=&hash=item3d25aa381b:m:mIBWeJkGppBtqUOATsUlyBA
>>
File: Legends - Brawn - Robot.jpg (104KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Legends - Brawn - Robot.jpg
104KB, 1000x800px
>>5964814
You'll get your damn Brawn when we think you deserve it!
>>
File: 1179553027331.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1179553027331.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>5964825
>>
>>5964822
Looks like a scammer.
>>
File: legendsGroup_M.jpg (142KB, 999x666px) Image search: [Google]
legendsGroup_M.jpg
142KB, 999x666px
>>5964822
>>5964834
The 2007 movie Legends are neat little figures, but the ones in that auction are actually fake. The fact that they all come from Hong Kong for such a cheap price is already a huge red flag to begin with, and if you look at the pics and compare them to the original figures (pic related is the only one I could find of all the original ones together) you can easily tell that the plastic color in most of them is substantially different. Additionally, they all lack the copyrighted Autobot / Decepticon insignias. So no, don't buy them, unless if you want to support child labor and own copied molds with sub-par quality.

You're better off indivitually searching for the ones that interest you around Ebay, the original ones are still pretty cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMERS-OPTIMUS-PRIME-MEGATRON-Movie-Legends-2007-/272404612466?hash=item3f6c948572:g:esIAAOSwdzVXqGTu
>>
Are there any Titan master sized people I can buy to go with my transformers? What's the best people to scale with CHUGs?
>>
File: 10353x.jpg (109KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
10353x.jpg
109KB, 1080x810px
>>5964854
HO scale figures, perhaps?
>>
>>5964834
Why does it look like a scammer? They're just really cheap knockoffs.
>>
>>5964804
Anyone know of some other major pegwarmers? Ugly redecos included.
>>
>>5964332
I own Hardhead and Alpha Trion so far.
Hardhead is a delightful little dude with a lot of character. Highly recommend. He looks great in either mode.
A3 looks fucking amazing in robot mode (which is what I display him in anyway), but his beast and vehicle modes are both really underwhelming (sword for a tail is not a good look, for starters).

I'd highly recommend A3 if you're just planning on displaying him, because that robot mode is the tits. But if you want to PLAY with him, you're better off picking someone else.
>>
>>5964871
Because it's quite evident if you look at his listings.
>>
Does anyone know of any places online that sell pegwarmer Deluxes for like $8? I found some on BBTS but anywhere else?
>>
File: 1991_Captain_Haddock.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1991_Captain_Haddock.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>5964863
>a new transformer series where all the humans are old sea captains

FUND
IT
>>
Anything interesting happen lately?

News or OC or whatever?

Todays one of those "nothing to do but wait for mail" days and Im bored as hell.
>>
>>5964901
What's your fucking deal?
>>
>>5964904
So will Optimus Prime have altmode of a fishing boat?
>>
>>5964908
I'm very cheap. I love getting Deluxes at TjMaxx for $6.99
>>
>>5964798
I really want starscream but it's nowhere in yurope...
>>
File: glassesgrin.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
glassesgrin.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>>5964910
sure, lets go with that.
>>
File: img0406pq.jpg (331KB, 794x800px) Image search: [Google]
img0406pq.jpg
331KB, 794x800px
>>5964425
I have to admit, the idea of a fluffy Transformer really fucking appeals to me.
Just googled this guy, and damn that gorilla mode is something else.
>>
>>5964917
What figure is that? It's not Takara's Masterpiece, that's for sure. Is this a custom? 3rd party?
>>
>>5964505
Ambulances are white and red in the civilized world.
>>
>>5964570
I would fucking love a DeLorean Transformer.
>>
>>5964930
http://www.tfu.info/1989/Autobot/Swindler/swindler.htm
>>
>>5964927
They can be any color the hospital/city decides. Just like how cop cars are usually black and white but there's also blue and some can even be dark brown or gold. Its not a set standard. Just a common thing.
>>
>>5964920
It's a custom
>>
>>5964920
Custom, apparently.
Encline is the name of the guy who made it.
>>
File: 992016121749.jpg (356KB, 1080x830px) Image search: [Google]
992016121749.jpg
356KB, 1080x830px
>>5964893
I gave his lion mode ankle ball joints and it really helps his stance and gives him a little more poseabilities. I need to dig out my Nemesis Breaker and steal his tail. I think that would help his look even more.
>>
>>5964932
I should clarify.
THE DeLorean.

Also a modern mold would be nice.
>>
>>5964917
Gorillas aren't even that hairy tho
>>
>>5964405
>If he looked realistic though, he wouldn't look like the show. Which is the point of the MP line, to get as close to show accuracy as they can within reason.

There's becoming a divide in the fandom based on this. Early MPs where more of an idealized version of the character, balancing a realistic alt-mode with a robot mode that mixed the toy look , cartoon look, and even hints of the comic illustrations. This continued until around Bumblebee/Ultra Magnus. Since then, there's been more of a concentrated effort to better animation accuracy, keeping in line with other Japanese collector's lines like Soul of Chogokin.

You see this in the growing 3P MP market, where a lot of companies are sticking to that earlier aesthetic compared to stuff like Shockwave or Inferno.
>>
>>5964640
enjoy your shit-smeared toilet paper they call a comic book
>>
File: UguuimusPrimeFindsThisKawaii.jpg (147KB, 299x424px) Image search: [Google]
UguuimusPrimeFindsThisKawaii.jpg
147KB, 299x424px
>>5964946

The 3P market is all over the place, which is fine by me. I get my Despotron's and I get my Hexatron's and I get everything in between.

Choice is a good thing.
>>
File: 230px-Artfire.jpg (33KB, 230x354px) Image search: [Google]
230px-Artfire.jpg
33KB, 230x354px
Odds on getting an MP Artfire from the Inferno mold? I really want a firetruck MP, but I'm not particularly fond of Inferno as a character, and his I have enough damn red autobots. I looked up this guy and he seems pretty cool. He's even supposed to come with a Targetmaster, so that would be a nice inclusion for an MP.

Anybody else a sucker for "literally who" characters?
>>
>>5964509
...why is this triggering people?
>>
So I went to Walgreen's today to see if they'd restocked their TR stuff. They scanned the barcode on the respective peg the TR stuff was on a few weeks ago and they said they had 3 on order that would probably be coming later this week.

What figures could those be? 3 out of the wave 2 case of 4, 3 brainstorms, or, god forbid, some RID warrior wave (not sure if they share the same bar code or not)
>>
>>5964968

probably as some exclusive.
>>
What was the first example of a super heavy retool between transformers? Was it Generations Springer/Sandstorm?
>>
>>5964968
Well we've gotten characters like Delta Magnus, Road Rage and Loud Pedal so why not?
You could probably forget about the Targetmaster though.
>>
>>5964968
Oh he definetely will if stuff like Yellow sideswipe and Blue magnus can see releases, he's gonna be made sooner than later.
>>
>>5964979
Huffer/Pipes was pretty crazy for 1986
>>
File: IM0000091.jpg (38KB, 702x412px) Image search: [Google]
IM0000091.jpg
38KB, 702x412px
>>5964979
It depends how "super heavy" you mean.The remold between K-9/Wolfang was pretty extensive, I think the only thing they share are upper arms and a head; beast parts and remaning robot parts are totally different. Going back further, you could argue tha a lot of the minibots from g1 are extensive remolds.
>>
File: r_DSC03632.jpg (40KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
r_DSC03632.jpg
40KB, 800x531px
Thoughts on Breakaway?
>>
What's the consensus on CW Ultra Magnus? Was trying to decide between him and Powermaster Optimus Prime.
>>
>>5965001
his chest looksangry
>>
>>5965001
Lazy, shit, could be a good Goshooter body substitute.
>>
>>5965005
He's gooder.
>>
>>5965005
He's pretty great
>>
>>5965001
Uninspired and lazy, like most of Hasbro's efforts these days.
>>
>>5965005
HasbroToyShop has the CW Ultra Magnus for like $35 on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Generations-Leader-Class-Ultra-Magnus-Figure-/321926968490?hash=item4af457b4aa
>>
>>5965027
HasbroToyShop only ships to the US.
>>
File: 1359741165004.jpg (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1359741165004.jpg
84KB, 500x375px
>>5965001
Literally the worst Titans Return deluxe we've seen until now, if not even the only Titans Return deluxe that actually looks bad. It feels more like a return to the terrible Combiner Wars molds, with the blocky aesthetics and empty arms and legs and the lackluster paintjob, which is especially bad in comparison to all the effort put into the other figures we're getting. It's like a sad reminder that CHUG is great again but was definitely endangered last year.
>>
>>5965031
I imagine the quality of the CW molds was necessary for them to be combiners, blame the budget.
>>
>>5965038
That would have been justified if the combiners didn't also look like crap tbqh.
>>
>>5965039
Menasor (just the torso) is the only one I'd say that is both a terrible update and terrible looking in his proportions.

Another Irk is OG dudes sharing molds, but I suppose it was a necessity.
>>
File: Decepticlods.jpg (381KB, 1675x941px) Image search: [Google]
Decepticlods.jpg
381KB, 1675x941px
>>5964798
That's a problem with Screamer. Pledge his hips and carefully whittle/sand down the elbows or you'll run into stress-related problems soon.

However, it's totally worth the bother given how good a Starscream figure it is
>>
>>5965050
Where are you finding these? For awhile my Walmart had just RID stuff and no Generations. And now they have Titans Return and no RID. I just can't win.
>>
File: labels-for-cw-computron[1].jpg (54KB, 737x300px) Image search: [Google]
labels-for-cw-computron[1].jpg
54KB, 737x300px
Is that a fucking sticker with a mouth on it?
>>
Find a flaw.
>>
>>5965005
Weirdly named figure. Not Ultra Magnus, just a set of power armor for the minicon.
>>
Who stores a fucking tablet in their stereo?
>>
File: dicks_out_for_primal.jpg (325KB, 747x800px) Image search: [Google]
dicks_out_for_primal.jpg
325KB, 747x800px
WTF is this.
>>
>>5965072
Light being reflected on the inner side of the leg, i presume? lol'd with the filename too.

Also, that sexy box with the BW logo replacing the spot where the G1 logo usually is, hng.
>>
>>5965063
Hate his wee captain america wings on his head, too blocky.
>>
>>5965050
Which gundam is this?
>>
>>5965067
>muh white prime
>>
File: 1405841265942.jpg (69KB, 516x339px) Image search: [Google]
1405841265942.jpg
69KB, 516x339px
>>5965067
>2016
>people still assume Magnus is nothing but a white Optimus Prime that occasionally wears an armor
>>
>>5965031
>>5965039
>CW was bad
Oh fuck off
>>
>>5965082

Dreamwave 4 Lyf
>>
>>5965080
I hope they or a third party releases him and a prime as voyagers that can replace the normal cabs, it's entirely feasible too before anyone starts with the impossible bs.
>>
>>5965063
Vehicle mode should have been for stripes
>>
>>5965085
Dreamwave was absolute cancer. Fuck off, Funana
>>
>>5965072
the whites of his robot mode legs.

There are a lot of robot mode bits stickout out the back of primal
>>
File: reduced-jbwd1meg.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-jbwd1meg.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>5965075
The G2 era TF logo(which US BW packaging had) and the reptile eye done in a classy greyscale with just the eye glowing are just fantastic. Interestingly, it has almost no elements of the old Japanese packaging. I wonder if Takara did this with the Western market in mind?
>>
File: 1467323275224.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1467323275224.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>5965083
>he likes hollow, poorly painted, aesthetically unpleasing Transformers
>>
File: BillandFrank.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
BillandFrank.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>5965070
These guys.
>>
>>5965097
>hollow
Where?
>poorly painted
Where?
>aesthetically unpleasing
Where?

If you're going to make claims, back them up.
>>
File: 1473036004650.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1473036004650.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
>>5965097
>he likes a good gimmick
>>
File: s-l500[1].jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500[1].jpg
64KB, 500x500px
Is this guy worth the $15.99? His robot mode looks all cool and wolf-like.
>>
>>5965107
He's an alright enough figure.

Just be aware that he has a bit of difficulty standing freely because wheels that are able to freely rotate make up his heels.
>>
>>5965107

He's ok but flawed. Definitely the weakest of all of the RiD Decepticons.
>>
>>5965082
But how else would it be described? The truck part turns into a complete working body with his self-awareness and such while the car carrier bit can be removed from him and not feel like getting ripped in half.
>>
>>5965118
True and White optimus possible relation is way cooler than midget moustache.
>>
File: rm-generations.jpg (618KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
rm-generations.jpg
618KB, 1000x733px
>>5965105
>hollow where?
Almost every single figure that wasn't an air vehicle, AKA the vast majority, had hollow legs. Most of them also had hollow arms.

>poorly painted where?
Yeah, where did the paint go? Certainly not to anywhere beyond the torso and head for most releases.

>aesthetically unpleasing where?
What about "make everything look like an oversized Cybertron scout class figure" levels of unpleasing aesthetics?

I'm not even a GEE-WUN kind of guy but holy fuck, how can it be there are still so many people in denial about how much of an engineering mess CW was? It's like an entire decade of experience was thrown out the window by Hasbro for the sake of budget constrains.
>>
File: mag[1].jpg (30KB, 340x533px) Image search: [Google]
mag[1].jpg
30KB, 340x533px
>>5965080
>>5965082
>white Prime

I don't see any white Optimus Prime here.
>>
>>5965115
Are the RID Legion, Warrior and Mini-Con vs. Pack class the only figures made for adult collectors? All the other larger figures seem like shitty one steps or three steps.

Also, does anyone here have any of the Titan Changers. Imagine my shock when I saw they actually made those shitty hollow titans transform.
>>
>>5965127
Same way that you don't know that the skeletons are inside you until it is too late to stop them.
>>
Anyone find that Walgreen's Brainstorm yet?
>>
>>5965001
I'll get it if takara does a Lightfoot variation of it.
>>
>>5965125
I don't see how hollow legs are a problem if they're hidden. All the TR deluxes save Mindwipe have the exact same hollow leg issue except that they're also hidden in a similar fashion to CW.

Except that one of the complaints for TR was that it traded paint for engineering? How the fuck can you shit on CW for lacking paint and praise TR when it's even more lacking in paint?

That's not even an explanation. That barely counts as an opinion.
>>
>>5965127
You need to catch him in the shower.
>>
>>5965125
Jeez, those both look ugly AF.
>>
>>5965133
I got him ages ago, though it was a online exclusive version of it.
>>
>>5965132
You're referring to the ugly green midget from IDW? That people didn't know he was wearing Ultra Magnus's corpse like a pretender shell until he burst out and went BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA?
>>
>>5965131

I'm not sure I would even put Legion and Mini Cons in there.

I've only bought the Decepticons of the line. And Sideswipe. I've bought all of the Decepticons released so far.
>>
>>5965145
Sure. That is a being which has concealed nature inside of armor.
>>
Is Cloud Starscream worth it?
I fucking love Triple Changers, but I've heard the mold suffers from QC issues.

How bad are they?
>>
>>5965161
Just... don't. Don't even bother.
>>
>>5965161
No. Just get the Blitzwing or Doubledealer versions if you want that mold since they didn't fix the issues. Although there is a newer tank/jet triple-changer mold in TR so might get that one instead.
>>
>>5965135
It's a shape they can't do any rereleases of the dinobots.

a new condition dinobot set would be amazing to have
>>
>>5965171
Shame*

why the hell am I typing like an iphone is autocorrecting me lately?
>>
>>5965174
Probably because you're a retard.
>>
>>5965179
Oh yeah.
>>
>>5965171
Can mold loss or degradation even happen anymore? everything's done on computer now, they must index them all.
>>
>>5965185
At this point, yeah if worst came to worst they could just recreate the molds.

The Dinobot molds (all five) just went missing and were never seen again though.
>>
>>5965185
Still can, molds only have a short lifespan before they must be replaced.

A computer can't account for the molds being bent out of shape due to excessive use, so some toys may come out funny near a molds lifespan
>>
>>5965187
Weird. I wonder how people would feel about a remake mold of them, like some of those original starwars figures have.
>>
>>5965185
Is everything really done with computers now or is that just a rumor? Any proof? Did Hasbro/Takara release some kind of video explaining how they design TFs? I always found it was a great mystery wrapped in many layers of deception.
>>
>>5964755
I did mention I paid in aud for what I paid for didn't I, I know most posters are american or otherwise, so account for that as $50aud

Just ebay I'm comparing too
>>
>>5965189
yet they still make MP-11's without new molds....
>>
I thought we were getting mini cons that turned into weapons. Are those still a thing? Did I miss them?
>>
The RID Minicons mostly seem to turn into blobs of shit. Are there any that actually turn into anything recognizable?
>>
>>5965201
They're RID toys.

Some of them are alright but most of the are pretty eh.
>>
File: mp seeker hell.jpg (506KB, 2083x764px) Image search: [Google]
mp seeker hell.jpg
506KB, 2083x764px
>>5965196
The mp11 mold is still far from perfect.

Aside from qc issues that are assembly faults like mp ramjet I noticed the hasbro seekers are on the decline, my mp thundercracker is literally perfect, smooth but tight enough to function as intended and I bought him second hand, acidstorm holds uyp second best because I bought him loose and shipping him from another country.

My starscream on the other hand which is the only hasbro mp I bought brand new is showing signs, while stuff like the leg requiring almost 2 people to pull apart from jet mode could be an assembly issue the fact that the plastic bit on the right side of his jet canopy which makes his robot chest has too much plastic on one side meaning I have to force the entire chest assembly apart JUST to slide it in or out.

My theory which may apply to takara vs hasbro qc myths, takara may be willing to change molds more often which will cost them in the long run but keep the toys free from mold degradation, while hasbro may run the molds down until you can see the molds beginning to crack.

Same factories, yes, same toys, yes, and yes they do replace said molds with fresher duplicates, I just honestly suspect hasbro may prefer to keep existing molds going alot longer, seeing how they put out alot more product to meet world wide demand but for less.
>>
>>5965107
i'm not sure he is, i own him and he's really hard to balance. his legs are incredibly flimsy and his mouth doesn't come painted in
>>
>>5965212
Seeing all the MP seekers together makes me sad.

They've gotten in too deep now, they're never going to do a seeker v3 mold with a chest that stays together and actual feet
>>
>>5965107
Fucking awful.
>>
>>5965056
Screamer and Paralon are TRU exclusives I believe, I ordered them together for the discount.

>>5965050
The little pegs keeping his shoulders against his chest were the worst and got a little stress damage just from pulling them apart. I even chilled him in my freezer before trying to transform him.
>>
>>5965212
>My theory which may apply to takara vs hasbro qc myths, takara may be willing to change molds more often which will cost them in the long run but keep the toys free from mold degradation, while hasbro may run the molds down until you can see the molds beginning to crack.

Its really just more likely that Hasbro's run is much larger so QC mistakes slip through far more easily. Takara services an island; a densely packed one, yes, but still an island. Hasbro covers most of the rest of the world that gets Transformers. AS hard as it seems to find Hasbro MPs, they probably are produced in exponentially larger numbers than takara's. Due to how muddied the whole distrobution system is, though, a lot of those probably end up in flux; sitting in warehouses, or sold to TRUs outside the US where they might rot on store shelves. Some people reported seeing Hasbro MP-10s sitting at MSRP in some Asian countries before Hasbro and takara reissued it.

Just a week ago, people began reporting the Hasbro MP Grimlock release from around aoE popping up at an obscure chain of closeout stores for just $35.
>>
>>5964464
Best Bee besides battle blades?
>>
>>5965239
Human alliance
>>
File: DSC01710.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01710.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>5964854
I keep posting these pictures because I'm lame and have no life.
If the koto chain base people are HO scale then TR and CW seem to scale to that more or less...
>>
>Generations Arcee has like 60 peg holes to store her weapons on
>still no good place to store the swords/rifles in her robot mode

Seriously whoever made this mold went nuts on all the pegholes.
>>
>>5964570
Ugh. I got that stupid shirt from lootcrate years ago. Cut it up, used it for car washing rags.
>>
>>5965277
Lootcrate hasn't been worth it ever since they started trying really hard to pretend like they aren't being payed off by sponsors or moving unsold merchandise for hot topic.
>>
>>5965280
Oh believe me, I know. I bought it for one month, the transformers box, then had to fight to stop them from charging me for the next month's box. It was the biggest gyp; half Hot Topic clearance garbage, half promo garbage they were probably getting paid to include. I felt like a total chump for having given them money at all, when I could have just spent that money on a figure and gotten something I really wanted.
They pay youtubers really well, like thousands of dollars, to shill their products. It's all a scam.
>>
>>5965063
The third mode was unnecessary, when all we wanted was a bird mode with more articulation.
>>
>>5965086
>voyager
It would have to be a legends. Do you have any idea how small that cab is?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 451x619px
>>5964974
Anyone?
>>
File: 1428342851696.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1428342851696.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>be Poortuguese
>each Deluxe at TRU costs 28€ (about 30$)
>they only have the awful CW repaints shelfwarming in stock
>luckily manage to find TR Blurr and Skullcruncher last week
>surprisingly enough, they were in promotion and I ended up paying 30 for both of them
>mfw these will probably be the only TRs I'll ever see on retail around here

Jesus fucking christ, I have living on the poorfag end of the EU.
>>
>>5965308
If its anything like my walmart, they're going to vastly overestimate the popularity of RID one-steps and they actually ordered 300 Quillfires.
>>
>>5965320
That's the thing, they scanned the barcode on the pegs where the TR deluxes were, $20 price point. They have one steps on a separate peg. I'm just trying to figure out if RID warriors are that same price at walgreens and if they're just buying those for the peg.
>>
>searching for Tarantulas figs
>find godawful Botcon version
Why do they always give Beast Wars characters vehicle modes when they're depicting their life on Cybertron? If Ravage, Laserbeak, Skullcruncher and all the rest can have Cybertronian beast modes, why can't they?

I just want a cool spider 'bot.
>>
File: 800px-K-PLUTCH.jpg (135KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
800px-K-PLUTCH.jpg
135KB, 800x554px
>>5965350
>If Ravage, Laserbeak, Skullcruncher and all the rest can have Cybertronian beast modes
Those have cybertronian beasts as robot modes, not altmodes. Thats why it doesn't apply to Tarantulas, the best Tarantulas you can get is the transmetal, at least until/if we get the IDW update.
>>
>>5964460
Been wanting this mold for quite some time but I'm glad I waited so I can get it in better colors.

>>5964469
Same as this one, while it's not entirely movie-accurate, I remember a lot of people saying that this was fun Megatron movie figure but alas I skipped on its original release due to the icky green color it was molded in. At least now it's painted properly with all the proper gold accents I could have asked for.
>>
File: 3016.jpg (140KB, 578x639px) Image search: [Google]
3016.jpg
140KB, 578x639px
>>5965437
>>5965445
Still looks a lot like Vector Prime, I thought that would be the repaint.
>>
>>5965437
Yeah, he looks great. I'm sorely tempted to get him.
Would've liked some changes from Alpha Trion, though. That tail-sword looks really awful in beast mode.
>>
>>5965410
Skullcruncher has a humanoid robot mode...
>>
>>5965451
He is going to be a weird-ass kitbash version with parts from both the Broadside and Alpha Trion version with funky altmodes.
>>
>>5965305
This, and they didn't make the forks movable so you can plug weapons into the 5mm ports...
>>
File: DSCN3045.jpg (219KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3045.jpg
219KB, 1024x768px
>>5964854
MegaBlocks can work pretty well.
>>
Looking over the shadowed botcon pics of Overlord, I noticed the little jet for him seems to be different from Black Shadow's. Just by looking at the image, the Overlord version has standard wings for the tiny thing, while the Black Shadow version has inverted wings.

So I guess that's another thing the Overlord version will change, along with the chest, the arms, the helmet, and the face for the TM (and maybe they'll toss a second TM since it would be very stupid of them not to.
>>
>>5965634
>TM (and maybe they'll toss a second TM since it would be very stupid of them not to.

You're underestimating their stupidity.
>>
>>5965655
You're underestimating the intelligence of the new team. This is John Warden, not Aaron Archer.
>>
HLJ has Lio Convoy on Pre-Order now.

https://hlj.com/product/TKT87448
>>
>>5965656
>This is John Warden
That's a pretty good reason to worry tbqh.
>>
>>5965670
Found the buttmad Furry Wars fan
>>
>>5965634
The 2nd TM would be interesting. What face will it have? Maybe a feminine version of Overlord's face?
>>
>>5965680
Giga would use classic Overlord face, while Mega uses the IDW Overlord face (lips and everything).
>>
File: G1Megatron.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
G1Megatron.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>>5965701

I don't think it'd happen, but it'd be nice if it did.
>>
>>5965714
We'll see what they do. I do like that (if they include the extra head) you can store a TM in the jet cockpit while in robot mode.

Unrelated to Overlord, I kind of wish they'd done a bit more for Black Shadow. They did a lot so most of his features were out there, but that pathetic gun just awful for him. I'm passing on him, and getting Overlord.
>>
>>5965721

I might pick up BS. I dunno. I already own a Hexatron, and I'll be getting an MMC Overlord, but no one's done a Black Shadow in any "big" size like that and he could serve as my 3rd for the Phase Six group.
>>
Didn't we hit bump limit a while ago?
>>
Got Galvatron today.

I think my favorite mode of his is actually the spaceship mode. It's arranged in a way to appear really massive, especially when put side-to-side to the Astrotrain mold.

Robot mode is... close to being good but flawed. The mask doesn't look too bad when you use Apeface so the purples kinda blend together, but it's still really limited. His cannon was loose on his right arm though it fits well on his left arm. And his feet, while super articulated, are also on the loose side.

I really hope Alpha Trion ends up being better.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 539x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 539x444px
>>
>>5965768
I'm actually thinking of buying A3 since the LG is releasing him as Lio Convoy.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 300x208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 300x208px
Anyone here come up with custom backstories for your TFs?

I like to have Psycho-Orb and Bound Rogue have a Depthcharge/Rampage relationship and were two Micromasters who went into stasis long ago before making it to earth where they were awoken and reformatted to have beast modes. Hence why they have Autobot and Decepticon insignias despite being Beastformers.

I also pretend BW Drill Bit is a mass produced Predacon trooper unit
>>
>>5965829
My backstory for having ROTF Mindwipe and Skystalker in my CHUG collection is that they crashed through an interdimensional anomaly into the CHUG universe, and essentially function as a student master duo. Later, Mindwipe is defeated and captured by Galvatron (who is the main antagonist in my headcanon) and then reformatted by the Avatar of Unicron into TR Mindwipe.
>>
>>5965835
I take it Skystalker becomes Vorath?
>>
>>5965838
Nope. Skystalker escapes unscathed (in due part thanks to Mindwipe) but is forced to watch his former teacher maim and kill in the name of the enemy he once fought. Vorath is one of the headmasters in service of Unicron, along with Nucleon, Fracas, Terri-bull, and all the other Decepticon headmasters. The main difference here is that while Mindwipe before the reformat already had mind control abilities, his new form forces him to rely on Vorath, who also works as a leash to ensure he never defects from Unicron.
>>
>>5965840
Also: the rubber wings are explained as a natural loudspeaker for Mindwipe, who can project high pitches of sound to disorientate his enemies. This is implemented to match Soundwave, who is introduced as a multipurpose assassin who uses his mind reading and sonic manipulation abilities to hunt enemy Headmasters.

Yes, I'm autistic.
>>
>>5965350
>Why do they always give Beast Wars characters vehicle modes
The boring real-world answer is because they're making them as redecos of existing toys, which are all vehicles. Beast Wars seems like a niche as it is (Hasbro isn't even putting out ANY BW for it's anniversary this year), so cybertronian Beast Wars is probably a niche within a niche in term of getting new mold made for it.

All the same, they do make the odd mechanical beast toy (Insecticons, the RID Decepticons), I would not be against getting some of them redecoed into BW references.
>>
>>5965829
I've done a few over the years. Back in the day, I made up a big story with all the non-show BW characters. I also came to like the idea of G2 characters having "superpowers" in the Funpub comics, so I've created powers for all my CHUG G2 guys. I've also come up with ways for G2 Laser Prime & Combat Hero Prime as well as GDO Tank, deluxe purple tank, and stealth bomber Megatrons to all co-exist in a G2 universe.
>>
>>5965872
>funpub
Fuck off, Walky
>>
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/useful-notes-on-assortments-and-waves-misconceptions-cleared-up.1090600/
What causes this autism?
>>
>>5965890
Too much time and a superiority complex
>>
>>5965890
>>5965906
But he does have a point. It's like that guy talking about sunk cost without knowing what it really means and throwing the term cuck on every single term when 80% of the posters in this thread are probably still virgins.
>>
>>5965927
Go away, Nevermore. Take your sunk cost cuckoldry elsewhere.
>>
>>5965927
To be fair, most actual cuckolds tend to be virgins
>>
>>5965939
Ah yes, the allure of the fresh picked cherry.
>>
To the anon who told me to give ST at Vivo a shot: thanks. Managed to pick up Drag Strip there, and I found a seller on Carousell who's selling a full Superion. Now I can finally have my full Wave 1 and finish Superion and Menasor.
>>
>>5965974
Different anon here. Which configuration of Aerialbots did you get? And how are you enjoying your Stunticon?
>>
>>5965977
Considering that finding W1 alone is a pain in the ass I'm going with the Alpha Bravo configuration. Oddly enough it's very easy to find Brake-neck here but I'd like to cut down on number of repaints per combiner so I'm going with Offroad on Menasor.

Dragstrip is quite fun, enjoying his unusual alt mode. His leg transformation is quite wobbly though, is this normal?
>>
File: r_scorch-undertone-029.jpg (53KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
r_scorch-undertone-029.jpg
53KB, 600x592px
>>5965204 #
The Weaponizer Minicons turn into weapons, obviously, but out of the deployer minicons, Undertone is a Rock Lord.
>>
>>5965985
YOOOOOOOOOO You got Break-Neck there? I still need one. Wanna hook me one up?
>>
>>5965998
I've spotted like 5 of them spread out between the 3 shops I've been to. Really fucking odd honestly.

Where you at though?
>>
>>5966001
Canada senpai.
>>
>>5966002
Fugg m8, this is in Singapore, although I live in Taiwan. Unless you're willing to pay rape tier shipping it's gonna be near impossible to send it over
>>
>>5966003
You know what, I think I have a contact in Singapore so I would just ask him then instead of giving you the hassle. Where and which shop is this?
>>
>>5966001
Brakeneck/Quickslinger was brought into Singapore like a normal wave, not as any exclusive or anything like that. They came in cases of 4 Brakenecks 4 Quickslingers so they flooded the shelves and warmed them for a while.
>>
>>5966009
I could have gotten a set for $60 CAD during 2015's TFcon but I bought Maketoys Cupola instead. I actually had money to get them both but I was being a cheap ass and this was when A3U had Cupola at $120 per pop as a con exclusive price.
>>
>>5966006
Simply Toys, they have outlets at Vivo City, Bugis Junction and Plaza Singapura. All 3 have at least 1 Brake-neck, at least when I went there which was like yesterday.

>>5966009
Jesus, that sounds an awful lot like the Groove situation in Taiwan where TRUs are filled with 5 Grooves on a peg.

What is it with Asia and Hasbro flooding us with all these damn exclusives?
>>
File: deluxe grooves in hong kong.jpg (97KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
deluxe grooves in hong kong.jpg
97KB, 960x540px
>>5966016
I sure wish the Philippines got some of those nice exclusives.. We get a lot of things, but not those.
>>
>>5966027
>>5966016
Hasbro SG skipped Deluxe Groove so he didn't flood here (toy shops had to parallel import them).

I'm curious as to what will happen to that Walgreens Brainstorm. Will our local Hasbro branches bring them in at 8 per case or will they skip it? Do you guys see it in TW or PH yet?
>>
>>5965829
As a kid I did this with Manterror. He was kind of like an evil predacon sensei
>>
>>5966036
No sign of Brainstorm in PH. A lot of shops have up to W2 of TR, a few are still on CW, and I think one mall has W3 already. Can't confirm it personally at the moment.
>>
>>5966036
No Brainstorm in Taiwan unfortunately. Seems like Hong Kong is the only place he's surfaced in so far, and even that was short term.
>>
File: this is comedy.jpg (59KB, 456x480px) Image search: [Google]
this is comedy.jpg
59KB, 456x480px
>>5966083
new can-I mean thread
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.