[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Figuarts Jango a flop. Very dissapointing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

File: 2016041383211.jpg (102KB, 509x712px) Image search: [Google]
2016041383211.jpg
102KB, 509x712px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvbOowk_lI
At least we can hope for Mafex's Bobas right?
>>
>>5962257
>mafex

Someone got that gif of the floppy c3po?
>>
My SHF Jango just arrived today. Mine isn't flimsy. It isn't as posable as I thought it'd be but I still like him more than my Black series Boba Fett so I'm happy. Could definitely be better especially for the price but I don't mind.

I only played with it for a bit, I'll return with more thoughts when I have more time to mess around with him.
>>
The SHF looks better proportioned as well as having a nicer paint finish and a sculpt that actually looks like a person wearing an actual outfit (the BS Jango surprisingly looks way too wrinkled when I compare it to movie screencaps), but that's about it.

Going off of the review though, the BS Jango does seem like the generally better option given its overall sturdiness, unmasked head and cheaper price for what you get. I can see the SHF's flaws being easily remedied with some basic modding (tightening the joints and making his gauntlet accessories fit better) but given its price you shouldn't even have to do that. I do hope his unmasked head comes with someone else given how they've done the same with SHF Vader.
>>
>>5962257
those fat ass hands
>>
File: Jango-CHRON.jpg (390KB, 1697x2300px) Image search: [Google]
Jango-CHRON.jpg
390KB, 1697x2300px
>>5963887
>the BS Jango surprisingly looks way too wrinkled when I compare it to movie screencaps
wat?
If anything, his pants need to be wrinklier.
Also, Figuarts Jango is wearing skinny jeans compared to the real thing.
>>
>>5962257
>What a piece of junk!
>>
>>5964105
I stand corrected on the wrinkles. That said, that photo actually shows that the SHF did the lower legs better with how the pants on the BS doesn't peek out enough at the sides past the shin armor to the point where they look too skintight compared to the rest of the body.
>>
>prequel toys are disappointing

It's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>5964294
>the SHF did the lower legs better with how the pants on the BS doesn't peek out enough at the sides past the shin armor
I like how this bothers you more than the Figuarts looking like an effeminate bottom who likes wearing skinny jeans to show off his girlie thin legs.
>>
>>5965334
The thighs are the opnly thng wrong with the figure. Kinda blows me away. Mayeb I can get someone's broken bs jango and frankenstien some shf joints into it's thighs.
>>
>>5962257
Its shit. Square upper body. Skiny twig legs. Shoulders look laughable. Tiny head, no neck, small cock.
>>
>>5964592
>It was Shnoke, he sheduced our shon.

fuck off JJ
>>
>>5964592

The Prequel toys have been better than the OT toys, numbnuts.
>>
>>5965345
anon that's not a mirror reflection of yourself
>>
>>5966013
Burn.
>>
>>5965334
>looking like an effeminate bottom who likes wearing skinny jeans to show off his girlie thin legs.
You have some issues you wanna talk about, anon?
>>
File: boba1.jpg (12KB, 340x145px) Image search: [Google]
boba1.jpg
12KB, 340x145px
>>5967329
they insult my daddy's memory by doing that!
>>
>>5963887
you posted this like 3 times already, stop shilling. the SHF sucks balls. end of story.
>>
>>5969149
>posting the same thing on two similarly discussed threads is shilling SHF
>when I literally said the BS is the better option overall
>can't even count and thinks I posted it "3 times already"

I guess I can't expect you to act smart when "sucking balls" is all you think about.
>>
File: sobel.png (223KB, 584x329px) Image search: [Google]
sobel.png
223KB, 584x329px
>What is this.
>>
File: 1437067811262.gif (3MB, 322x178px) Image search: [Google]
1437067811262.gif
3MB, 322x178px
>>5969196
I mean, trying to save face by complimenting the SHF proportions was pretty funny, i guess you have to when you have a bunch of SHF weeb schoolgirls to justify.
>>
>>5967357
Fuck off kid-Bobs. You just end up killed by a badass that steals your identity and actually is better than your dad.
>>
File: IMG_8796.jpg (1MB, 1489x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8796.jpg
1MB, 1489x1500px
>>5969603
>Beer gut
>Gorilla arms
>Oversized helmet
>Undersized head
>Paint looks like it was applied by a blind spastic Capuchin

The SHF Jango may be one of their less stellar releases, but let's not pretend the Black Series version doesn't look more like a Robot Chicken puppet than the actual character.
>>
>>5969630

The Black Series Jango is a thousand times better than anything SHF has done. Get your weeaboo head out of your ass.
>>
>>5969638
>>5969630
Guys, get a room! I just got here, but I'm not blind. Any retard can see with working eyes that SHF Jango is superior.
>>
>>5969638
Here comes this faggot again.
>>
>>5969266
The greatest of posts
>>
>>5969266
>mfw my weekend pass is revoked.
>>
>>5969642
>Any weeb retard can see with working eyes that Black Series Jango is superior but can't admit it because of their inability to think they're wrong due to a mental defect.

FTFY
>>
>>5969911
Anyone who looks at things objectively can tell you're a biased fuckboi obsessed with weebs. Run along now, child.
>>
>>5969921
>child

Nice argument for your shitty Japanese figure.
>>
>>5969266
Uh, It's a can of peaches sir.
>>
>>5969923
I'm not talking about the figure I'm talking about your pathetic ass.
>>
>>5969926

Because you're so insecure about defending Japanese toys.
>>
SHF Jango Fett is the best version of that character ever released anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Now with that said it isn't a very good figure either it just happens to be the best version of the character. The BS Jango isn't as good as the SHF but it's also fairly solid and even does some things better than the SHF.

The thing comes to price is being only a little bit better worth 4x the price of the cheaper alternative?
For some that might be yes but for most it's probably not.
>>
File: 5d6.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5d6.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>5970344
>the best version of the character
>>
>>5970344
With the price you kinda expect more especially for a known brand like figuarts.

Just weird minor mistakes that make the figure great. I mean its good but its not worth the asking price if you ask me.
>>
File: one12kirk_11.jpg (104KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
one12kirk_11.jpg
104KB, 800x599px
>>5970363
>With the price you kinda expect more
Seriously.
$70 will get you high quality stuff like this.
Only $10 more than that Jango and it's loaded to the gills with accessories. The sculpt is near dead perfect, like a collector's toy should be.

There's no reason for an all plastic toy like Jango to cost $60.
>>
>>5970467
cool dolls faggot
>>
>>5970467
>$60

Stop buying your toys at BIGGETY BIGGETY BIGGETY BIG BAD TOYSTORE DOT CAAAWWWM
>>
>>5970475
It's MSRP, if a little devalued from the actual yen to dollar price.

Sure, i can get it for $50, but only for a limited time usually. Not a fair comparison when not everyone is going to be able to spend the same as me. Same shit with that Captain Kirk, where i can get him for $10 less.
>>
>>5969603
Judging both figures fairly isn't saving face when I literally said:
>I can see the SHF's flaws being easily remedied with some basic modding (tightening the joints and making his gauntlet accessories fit better) but given its price you shouldn't even have to do that.

I mean that's nothing compared to easily triggered shitheads like you who can't seem to stand Japanese figures and have to call anything Japanese-related as weebshit just to make you sleep better at night.
>>
>>5971190
> easily remedied
Sculpting new legs isn't in 99% of people's repertoire, hence him scoffing at you saying the proportions are good. It's a very lame lie when the problems are obvious.
>>
>>5972340
it's just the thighs that throws everything off.
>>
>>5972340
Are you really just trying to pick a fight? I highlighted that part of the post specifically because I was saying that you shouldn't even have to mod the figure for the price it's asking for. If you still can't tell and need me to spell it out for you, that's meant to be a negative remark against the SHF and not at all about saving face.

>It's a very lame lie when the problems are obvious.
Except those weren't the flaws I was pointing to in my original post, and I still maintain that the proportions are better, even if I think the BS is the better choice. So there's nothing to "save face" about given how I actually prefer the BS overall. But I guess every little opinion that triggers you has to be some sort of "lie" right?
>>
The figuarts looks better.

It must be weird to collect a series with a cheap american counterpart and constantly have delusional people try to convince you these happy meal tier toys are on equal footing.
>>
>>5970467

You say that like Mezco doesn't make plastic toys in doll's clothes.

> loaded with accessories

not really
>>
File: 1432789812576.jpg (77KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
1432789812576.jpg
77KB, 500x705px
>>5970467
>1:12 soft goods
>>
File: Space Ghost One.jpg (264KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Space Ghost One.jpg
264KB, 1500x1500px
>>5972682
Doll clothes costs extra, especially when they're done to actually look good. So you're getting your money's worth.

And they are ladened with accessories. Swappable hands, heads, guns, etc.
What more can you ask for? Extra figure too? So greedy.
>>
>>5972671
I really don't like black series at all, but to be fair to them, anything that doesn't have a humanoid face or soft goods is pretty okay, and since they cost at least 40 bucks less, I can't blame some people for buying 3 Black Series Stormtroopers over one S.H. Figuarts Stormtrooper who is only marginally better and doesn't even have articulation that is that good.

For characters like Luke or Obi-Wan, though? No contest, the S.H. Figuarts blow them out of the water.
>>
>>5969638
Nice bait.
>>
File: bootleg asian spiderman.jpg (405KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
bootleg asian spiderman.jpg
405KB, 1024x681px
>>5972757
>ever recommending buying toys of characters that dont look like their characters
its like buying a bootleg
>>
>>5972776
What are you talking about?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.