[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I meet friends that are into toy collecting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4771.jpg (226KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4771.jpg
226KB, 1600x900px
How do I meet friends that are into toy collecting?
>>
File: 4L_CSpsGNxR.jpg (372KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
4L_CSpsGNxR.jpg
372KB, 1280x544px
hang out at a comic/collectible shop or board game shop or something idk conventions too probably
>>
It's pretty tough. The only other person I know who collects toys is the guy who got me into it. And that was 5 years ago. Haven't met many other collectors since other than shops or conventions
>>
>>5961511
Hermione is cute
>>
do you collect marvel and want marvel friends? you could slide notes into marvel legends figs. Just tons and tons of notes into those figs saying;

"Hey, I see you like playing with toys, Id love to hang out sometime and talk toys and stuff, hmu @"

Or something. Expect it to make national news as some mom reports it to the FBI for possible safety issues to children.
>>
Shops, conventions, could meet people if you go out and take toy pictures often enough.
>>
>>5961500
>Dr. Cho, I'm USA
>>
>>5961500
Cap: Dr banner, I'm CIA
>>
>>5961500
backpage
>>
>>That amount of expensive figures behind a some blind covers.

That's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>5961668
I've seen worse, some one here had an MCU HT collection all laid out on a dresser. I don't know if its the luxury of payment plans making people devalue their figures, or what, but something about MCU Hot toys brings out the worst in collectors.
>>
>>5961681
I'm going to assume its actually the same person with the same collection.
>>
>>5961709
Unless he changed something up and sold some things , this other guy had way more. He even had Coulson, which stood out because I was kinda amazed someone actually dropped $100+ for fucking Coulson.
>>
>>5961500

Anon, having no friends is precisely why you collect.
>>
>>5961500
Group therapy
>>
There's a small group of toy collectors that gather monthly in a cafe. They expose their figures, discuss, trade and buy / sell and such. I usually go to these meetings.
>>
All of my freinds are toy collectors also. It's pretty great.
>>
>>5961718
Its just his partial collection.

You can see some of the items are cut on the right side.
>>
>>5961500
it's criminal that they haven't released a hot toys civil war spider man

DITKO EYES
>>
>>5961500
you don't.
enjoy your hobby on your own.
>>
>>5961500
Strike up a conversation at toy stores. That's what I did
>>
>>5961914
Yeah this. I'm even getting to the point where it's hard to discuss this shit online, I can't imagine discussing this crap with people irl.

I see a toy, buy it if I want it, have fun with it, put it in my display. What more is there to discuss?

>inb4 "this whole conversation lol"
>>
>>5962063
none of my friends are hugely into collecting, but i imagine the conversation would boil down to

>talking about news, preorders, rumored upcoming stuff
>comparing collections and showing off displays
>trading and bartering
>just shooting the shit and playing with toys
>>
>>5961914
>>5962063
Unfortunately, these days, I'm inclined to agree.
Seems to be I can meet a large selection of people, but a very VERY few of them I can stand to be around for more than a few minutes. I can't meet maybe 25 people, and only click with one or two.
Most fit the Comic Book Guy stereotype, who can't separate their lives from their hobbies. They're fat, they're lazy, they smell because they have the hygiene of a goat, and have all the social graces of a sack of wet manure. They drone on endlessly about how bad things are, yet they keep on buying them, they're rude, obnoxious, and are as depressing as fuck. I want to hang out with people that are happy with themselves. Who enjoy their hobbies instead of carry them around like a cross they have to bear.

It's one of the reasons /toy/ is such a shit hole. I have to wade through endless bitchfests, and shitposts from a bunch of low-end-of-the-pool, unhappy losers who've never enjoyed a day in their lives, just to be able to find a handfull of posts by people who seem OK with life, their hobby, and themselves.

I have good friends who are into different things, so there's that; but it would be nice to be able to just discuss figures and shit from time to time.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.