[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if I just get this last figure my display will be complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (207KB, 853x817px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
207KB, 853x817px
>if I just get this last figure my display will be complete I promise
The ride never truly ends does it boys?

Anyone get overwhelmed sometimes? Theres so many things I want RIGHT NOW not including back catalog of stuff I missed that only seems to get more and more expensive. Oh dont forget that display prop or effect part I have been meaning to get to really take my display to the next level.

Sometimes I think I lost the fun aspect somewhere and now it just feels stressful and draining. Like I passed through hobby and just entered obsessive consumption.

Anyone here relate? How do you deal.
>>
>peon thread
Damn it, I'd like to actually discuss this.
>>
>>5958099
Im not peon though. I never even mentioned space opera or 3A lying to me. Discuss with me mate.
>>
>>5958099
>legit topic
>it must be muh buugeyman

Go away, Jin. MUH ADVICE
>>
>>5958103
don't lie peon, we know its you
>>
>>5958104
>bitches about boogeyman posting
>proceeds to boogeyman post
ok
>>
>>5958096
I can totally relate. I had stopped collecting for about the last year for multiple reasons, one was a few items were stolen by my friend/roomate, i packed up all my stuff and put it into storage then it was just out of sight out of mind. I also stopped coming here, i started a new job and I couldnt fuck around on 4chan all day. Anyways I was pretty happy for that year, i did not buy a single thing. I was off the hamster wheel and the chase.

Now a month ago I moved into a new place and re set up my collection. It got me reinterested in everything

I come on here to see rogue one toy news and its off to the races.
>oh I wonder how the SHF dbz line is doing
>oh figmas are getting more mainstream
>wonder what black series have been released
Now im chasing everything again and regretting stuff I missed in the last year.

Life was simpler, ignorance is bliss. Now I am making TRU truck day runs for MLs and SWBS and staying up till 3am stalking mandy for orders.
>wake me up
>>
>>5958099
>>5958104
Stop shitposting this is a serious thread only. You autists have to ruin every thread with your
>anyone who doesnt agree with me is x
Just stop mentioning peon, subjectanon, jin, greg, andrew etc
>>
File: soldiers in a nutshell.jpg (48KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
soldiers in a nutshell.jpg
48KB, 564x423px
>>5958096
I was like this a few years ago. My collection was getting pretty large and unruly. But I just wanted more, more, more. I had something coming in every month and most of the time I'd see a good deal on mandy and beef it up with a few other things to make the order 'worth it'. So sometimes I was buying several figures a month. I kept it up for about two years.

I don't really know what exactly changed. I moved out of home an in with an SO. There wasn't a lot of space for all my crap so I had to pick out the pieces I liked best and store everything else. Moving everything also drove home exactly how much stuff I had. My collection amounted to about half of everything I owned, and that was a real shocker. Adult life got in the way of the little pieces of plastic that I wanted, and these days I look at upcoming releases and nothing captivates me like it used to. I don't feel that burning need or excitement when I get a shipping notification.

But I did get into BJDs, which may be like moving on from weed and onto heroin. They're not like figmas or figuarts, you don't just drop 5k yen and receive the finished product in the mail. You drop several hundred USD on the doll, but then you have to spend 30usd on the wig, 20usd on the eyes, 50-150usd on having the face painted, and a wardrobe for a doll costs more than it does to clothe yourself if you don't know how to sew the clothes yourself. Most of us tend to buy several wigs or sets of eyes or outfits or shoes until we find the one that we like the best.

Sorry for the blogpost. We just gotta learn to be contented with what we have and less focused on the things we don't have yet.
>>
>>5958096
I'm getting to that point as well. I have at least one Figma, 1/6th figure, or statueshit, on preorder up until next August.

It's getting way too costly, and I'm not even 'attracted' to the figures I get, like a virgin, anymore.
>>
I used to be the same when I was still 'young' into the hobby (maybe collecting for ~2 years), but gradually I starting wanting less after I've already had a taste of everything and wanted to just collect the stuff I really enjoy the most.

I've been into this hobby since early 2009 and stopped really caring for most things. I can still find _____ cool and all, but I just wouldn't want it in my collection, y'know? Even if I got it for free, I wouldn't care for it.

What I did was be strict with the kind of things I display, and sold off almost everything that didn't fit those themes. Also culled out the figures I didnt touch often, even if I still thought they're good figures.

I don't buy many ongoing figures now, and it feels pretty refreshing. Display and overall collection is smaller and neater now, don't have to stay up for Amiami or whatever often now that I don't need to really preorder anything, aside from the occasional SHFSS or something.
>>
I'm having an opposite but similar problem. My collection's been slowly dwindling for months. At one point, I had ~120 things, from cute gril figmoes to Gendums. I'm currently down to about a sixth of that with even more things I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

I keep waiting for the new thing that's going to capture my fascination while dealing with the mindset of "I need to get all of this collection", ie "All of the Gaim Figuarts" or "All of the lead suits from Gundam". That just winds up with me having a bunch of figures that I only bought to fill said collection. That's what happened with that lead Gundam thing, actually. By the time I had everything except for the Impulse (this was literally days before the new Force Impulse HG was coming out), I just looked at all the kits I built and said "Boy, I do not care about most of these at all".

Then I looked at my Gundam collection, figmas, most of my Figuarts, and said the same thing. I think my big problem is that, because of my upbringing and other such things from my childhood, I'm perfectly content with not having anything in the first place, so there's no real permanent desire to keep things.
>>
I'm not in the exact same situation, but for the first time I'm looking at a lot of figures in the upcoming 6 months that I want to get, and I'm starting to reconsider. I mean, for the price of one figure I could get a video game, and that's like 20 hours of enjoyment right there. How often am I gonna pose/appreciate each figure? Are they REALLY worth that much? Am I too old to be filling my house with this crap? Is this why the only woman in my life is a cat?

I've already got like 30 figs, which I know isn't much compared to most of you guys but it sure as hell feels like a lot to me when I look at that number. Just how much money have I wasted on this stuff? Why are most of them sitting in the same poses they were in last October?

I've got the income to support this hobby, but I'm starting to feel like it's not something that deserves support.
>>
>buying shit just because you need it to complete a collage
Dumb.
>buying shit because you enjoy it
this is what /toys are for, for me at least.

I'm not building a fucking mural. I'm buying toys to add to my entertainment.
>>
My problem is I've become a hoarder, it started with video games, I have a backlog well over 50 of those, then I got into gundam models, now that my 2 holy grails are out (efreets and pg unicorn banshee) I quit, I never gotten good and the best I can do is spray can abuse with the odd shitty hand brush.

Now I'm back into transformers, with past lines it was easier to say no but there is so much good stuff, worst part is I really just want to focus on *just* one damn line, even then stuff that's relevant to me (the odd figma and nendoroid) keeps coming up and complicating things, it doesn't help I have little worries bill wise but have very minimal space.

I sold a few things on ebay, but whatever I sell I buy more things to fill said hole.

The worst part is alot of it remains in boxes, not for the intention of reselling, BUT for the fact I don't have anywhere for them to be displayed, its about time I started selling things that did once matter to me and perhaps focus on just 3 lines perhaps.

Thinking of transformers masterpiece, black series star wars (not many more from that I want left) and neca alien/preds/terminators, its just getting the nudge to stick to them is the difficult part
>>
File: image.jpg (512KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
512KB, 1800x1200px
>Visit /toy/ for the first time after the buyfag thread on /a/ directs me to the SAS general
>Check out the rest of the board
>Now wish to collect a fair amount of figures of things I'm a fan of, as well as accessories and scenes to put them in, and also have developed an interest in building some sort of modest lego town
>I'm presently going through a period of financial trouble and have to put it all on the backburner
Th-Thanks /toy/
>>
>>5958096
My heart actually sank when I realized I might have to dish out close to $100 for a chaos effect raptor.
>>
>>5958096
>including back catalog of stuff I missed that only seems to get more and more expensive
And see that's where you're outed. Stuff sits at retail price for 2-3 years now. It's only getting more expensive in initial cost and only then because it occupies valuable shelf space for so long.
>>
For me it's more like:
>"after the handful of figures I have preordered are released, there'll be nothing that interests me coming out for a while so my wallet can rest easy for once"
>sometime between now and whenever that stuff is shipped, more stuff I want is announced and the cycle begins anew
>>
>>5958096
it ends when you don't have money/retailers don't stock the line you're collecting

fuck ordering online, "pay first, get it later of get fucked"
what a joke.
>>
>>5969354
Not what i collect buddy. Common shit is sitting at retail
>>
>>5969354
Not OP but I can name 3 things released in the last 1-2 years I want right now that have inflated that will cost well over 200$ And significantly inflated from msrp. SHF rotj luke, figma snake, figma motoko. Youre a retard to think aftermarket inflation doesnt exist. Or that all toys stay msrp. Maybe if you collect transformers.
>>
I stopped collecting toys I went to comic con and I bought one figure and I instantly regretted it. I don't have the same desire for toys. Its probably because I'm doing better dealing with my depression. So yeah, I'm done.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.