[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAS General: Battle Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 69

File: IBM and Shinichi SAS.png (1MB, 1440x968px) Image search: [Google]
IBM and Shinichi SAS.png
1MB, 1440x968px
S.A.S. Mainsite: http://www.medicos-e.net

Search for S.A.S. on Mandarake: 袅像可動

List of the current release S.A.S.: http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?type_id=23615&root=-1&type_strict=1&type_p=-1

Nuu's SAS Reviews: blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/cat_50046494.html

New to Jojo? READ THIS: http://pastebin.com/CJPJP2Hi

SAS soundplates: http://i.imgur.com/EfjMM0q.jpg

Storefronts to buy from: http://buyfags.moe/List_of_shops

Previous thread: >>5927603
>>
File: 1459733985893.jpg (561KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
1459733985893.jpg
561KB, 466x700px
First for VALENTINE AND D4C WHEN
>>
>>5956578
I wish D4C was cuter. Big bunny ears and lacy underpants are 10/10 but scary bald man face.
>>
Why did we ever stop labeling it SAS/JoJo General
>>
>prices going up astronomically compared to other lines
>Medicos doesn't have factory prices locked in so re-releases also more expensive
Anyone else think Medicos dying in a few years is a very real possibility? Killer Queen was originally 3,500 yen (2010) and got a re-release for 4,200 yen (2014) but is now 6,500 yen in 2016. That's a 3,000 yen increase. Meanwhile Legacy of Revoltech has only had increases in the 1,000-1,500 yen range and some of those actually get improved joints in them. Max Factory is re-releasing Saber 2.0 for her original price and Bandai is also doing re-releases for their original prices.

Medicos has basically been increasing in price nearly every single release recently as well. To give you an idea of how grim things are:
January 2014: Bruno Second = 4,200 yen
January 2015: Stone Ocean = 5,000 yen
January 2016: Pucci = 6,000 yen
June 2016: White Snake = 6,800 yen
October 2016: Rohan Ver 3 = 7,800 yen

Within a single year basic figures have went up 1,800 yen with no signs of stopping. Re-releases have been following a similar upward pattern. It's a very real possibility that by the time Gyro, RWBY, Baoh or Drifters get a release date they will be priced at 8,800-9,800 yen which I think will kill the line outright. Anyone else worried about this? I mean they can't even count on extra cash from cheaper re-releases because they can't lock in their factory prices like other companies. They are fucked and by extension we are fucked.
>>
>>5956675
sweet can't wait for 100 dollar gyro
>>
>>5956675
I think there's been a general trend of rising prices for figure releases in Japan this year, but I've definitely noticed it being more severe with Medicos.

As for whether or not they're dying, who knows. I don't know if them suddenly making figures of multiple different IPs (Tokyo Ghoul, Ajin, Parasyte, Drifters) is a last ditch effort to save themselves by trying to cash in on the hype, but it might be the case.

Whatever the case may be, I just hope they can at least last until they finish part 7 (and maybe squeeze in a few more part 8 figures) before biting the dust.
>>
File: gyro.png (60KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
gyro.png
60KB, 170x170px
>>5956685
>100 dollar gyro

Medicos please do NOT do this to us.

I need Gyro SAS in my life but I cannot drop that much on a figure right now.
>>
File: Siona1469491702.jpg (180KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Siona1469491702.jpg
180KB, 800x1200px
>>5956761
I'm sure Medicos won't pull something that silly but the price will probably be up there by preorder time so everyone is going to feel it.

The day I see a 10k SAS as its preorder price will either be this or they add in some extravagant part. Medicos is pushing a thin line with that reissued KQ1st price tag seeing it's not even the more popular 2nd colorway.
>>
There's a Kira 2nd up boys, be quick.
>>
>>5956850
I HAVE NO MONEY ANON

HOW CAN I BE QUICK WHEN I HAVE NO MONEY?
>>
>>5956899
Someone else is fated to get him
>>
>>5956903
Diavolo pls go
>>
>>5956850

Where, mate?
>>
>>5957305
That was 9 hours ago, m8

If someone says Kira 2nd is up, you gotta get it within the minute it goes up.
>>
Just curious, but with new releases (like Giorno 2nd) are they always at the very end of the month?
>>
>>5956739
I think they'll last until they finish the part 8 line. I feel that finish SBR and JJL is a guarantee at this point.
>>
>>5957483
Yeah, late-month on Amiami almost always means as close to the end of the month as possible.
>>
just started stone ocean
It fucking sucks, but Part 6 Jotaro when? His costume is fuckin' slick.
>>
>>5958136
It's one of the first chapters.
Also stone ocean has a slow start but spirals out of control pretty quick. Shit starts getting GOAT when Poochie and Anasui show up.
>>
>>5958136
>>5958165
Yes I have just realized you meant when the figure would come out, and not when would he appear in stone ocean, I should really go to sleep.
>>
>>5958165
I think he meant part 6 Jotaro SAS. Which is going to be never.
>>
>>5958136
Never. Medicos moves to a new part and the best you can hope for is a new recolor or another Rohan re-sculpt.

If you don't mind the larger scale and higher price tag (I believe it was a WF exclusive) there's the RAH Stone Ocean Jotaro.
>>
>>5956675
As a narrow-minded importer, you and I can't really see how the economy in Japan really is unless you're there or do some research.
Prices for figs have been increasing everywhere, aside from some re-releases, GSC has been upping their prices on everything and usually include less. When Medicos re-releases something, sometimes it's one of the only things to be released in the month. Either something's changing in the production area of figure business, or things are inflating in japan.
Nothing's going anywhere because the dedicated will still stick around to support things. I mean, Di Molto is still around and they're awful.
>>
File: FIGURE-023301_13[1].jpg (70KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-023301_13[1].jpg
70KB, 533x800px
anyone else preorder these? also preordered white KQ SAS
all i have right now is S&W SAS, so i'm not sure what i'll keep. might cancel the white KQ
also i preordered from amiami, is that generally fine?
>>
>>5958491
I think they're kawaii but

>KQ's anime eyes
>that barely painted SHA
>the fucking prices

On the other hand Kira's facial expressions are fucking hilarious. But still, the fucking price.
>>
>>5956675
>Medicos doesn't have factory prices locked in so re-releases also more expensive
I'm pretty sure it's the fact that Medicos is a small company.
Bandai and GSC can easily stomach the inflation costs when reissuing a product because they can. Actual manufacturing costs is much cheaper to them than to Medicos.

Not to mention that, with less people buying your product (because of inflation), you're going to have to increase the MSRP more.... which will lead to less people buying your product or just waiting for a sale. Not good for business overall.

I just want Baoh, hurry the fuck up Medicos.
>>
>>5958501
yeah not a big fan of the eyes on KQ.
as for the price, yeah it's pretty expensive, but i never buy this stuff and have a pretty good amount of disposable income.
still not 100% sure though, maybe i'd only get one of them, but it's so much better to have user + stand and i've wanted jojo nendos forever and this is as close as we'll get
>>
File: 16.jpg (277KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
277KB, 533x800px
>>5958501
>Kira's facial expressions
It's the one thing making me consider getting just Kira from this line. Kind of wish he had a smirk on one of his two heads, like Kars.
>>
>>5958506
>Kind of wish he had a smirk on one of his two heads, like Kars.
By this, I mean SAS Kira, and using Kars as an example of a smirk on one of the heads.
>>
File: Kira reveals himself.png (2MB, 1440x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Kira reveals himself.png
2MB, 1440x1123px
>>5958509
It's kind of funny that Kira is the most stoned face villain SAS for the line. Even the Kosaku head is roughly the same. Though I understand Medicos's idea that Kira is just a plain businessman and the fact he changes looks,he has his emotional moments. Hell, a surprised expression would be a nice change of pace and also for a chance to make this scene happen. As of right now, only the RAH Josuke has a similar face.
>>
Animefag here, I don't read the manga.

inb4 read the manga

What is the story behind this alt head of Kira? Please, NO SPOILERS.
>>
>>5958564
It just sorta happens at one point? Maybe Araki wanted to change it? Maybe Cinderella's affect wore off? Maybe he styled it because he was in a good mood? Its never explained so just accept it.
>>
File: JungleProwlYoshikage.jpg (27KB, 416x589px) Image search: [Google]
JungleProwlYoshikage.jpg
27KB, 416x589px
>>5958564
He got sick of Kosaku's regular hair
>>
>>5958564
He forces Cinderella to swap his face with some random jackoff to escape after Jotaro and Josuke beat the shit out of him, then he kills her.

Spoiler warning. Read the manga, fag, you had 25 years to avoid this spoiler.
>>
>>5958564
He fucks his not wife's son in the bathroom and comes out a new man with a new hairdo
>>
>>5958564
Kira gets killed forever by those fucked up hand things in the ghost street
>>
>>5958564
>actively NOT reading the manga
The anime cuts out so much from the manga, I'm surprised half of the plot still happens in the episodes.
>>
>>5958564
>I don't read the manga
>no spoilers pls
You have a poor sense of patience when you can't even wait for the anime to tell you. You are legitimately better off reading the manga and going back to watch the episodes directed by the guy who did the Tonio episode and whatnot. The anime cuts out too much to try to cram the story within the planned episode number.
>>
>>5958574
>forever
Yeah until he becomes a ghost detective. DMQ Kira SAS never ever
>>
>>5958582
DMQ Kira is the only reason why I even had a 1/6 collection at one point in time.
>>
File: Taking one for the team.png (3MB, 1440x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Taking one for the team.png
3MB, 1440x1103px
>>5958564
>NO SPOILERS

You should really leave then
>>
>>5958526
Honestly, the assortment of faces in the SAS line is one of its weakest points. Nearly everything is "one completely stone-faced head and one yelling head," regardless of the character, and any faces that show any trace of personality are exclusive to WonFes variants. I would buy the hell out of SAS accessory packs that had alternate heads for characters and whatnot.
>>
File: Koichi-a-go-go.jpg (505KB, 891x704px)
Koichi-a-go-go.jpg
505KB, 891x704px
>>5958590
Just stick the heads on miniature bodies (like that one piece from Araki that was some Part 4 guys but Koichi drawn like Koichi), and you have a way to deliver heads and also a way to display any unused heads.
>>
File: 1466302263841.jpg (269KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1466302263841.jpg
269KB, 780x1200px
>>5958594
>like that one piece from Araki that was some Part 4 guys but Koichi drawn like Koichi
>>
File: Miniheads.jpg (450KB, 891x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Miniheads.jpg
450KB, 891x1500px
>>5958594
>>5958599
Tried to scale the head of the Koichi Josuke to the SAS in this image.

I'd totally buy some.
>>
>>5958564
Kira gets stabbed by the arrow making him flow with the life energy that powers stands, like how koichi goes super sayian when his stand activates. its two toned because kira's actual hair color is blond, making it have that affect. he styled it to make it not look retarded. Fuck you, part 4 is 2 decades old, your gonna get spoiled. brucelleti dies.
>>
>>5958590
>SAS accessory packs that had alternate heads for characters and whatnot
Toss in some other minor props and I'd fucking love this (I'd love it anyway actually)

>>5958564
It's okay, anon. Don't listen to these faggots, and I hope they haven't scared you off yet. The reason for the alternate head is because Jotaro dies because Pucci wins in the end.
>>
>>5958590
This. Just getting a neutral face and one yelling face is starting to get pretty annoying.
>>
>>5958491
eh i preordered him, only 2 SAS I own and only liked, but the anime has me considering the rest of the cast from part 4
>>
>>5958890
I switched over to getting more figma just for that reason. Sure some figma get generic face plates too but a lot of them are getting scene/personality specific plates too which greatly increases play value. I like SAS for it's paint detail and nice sculpts but they aren't even including good accessories anymore compared to some earlier stuff.
>>
>>5958890
I think some of my favorite SASes are the ones that have a personalized head like Rohan v2 with the "I Refuse" face and Okuyasu/Josuke with the happy face
>>
>>5958590
>1st edition Gyro won't have GO GO ZEPPELI FACE

This is a good way to keep me from buying it.
>>
>>5959359
>1st has shit colors
>insane price 9650
>no grin, just shouting face
>no one buys it
>shelfwarms so hard medicos never makes a 2nd.
>>
File: 1467242414482.png (905KB, 1000x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1467242414482.png
905KB, 1000x1194px
>>5959366
There is a time for medicos to stop and that would be the time.
>>
>>5958564
Kira gets run over by an ambulance in the end, and then he doesn't have a head at all
>>
>>5959366
There's no way Gyro will shelfwarm regardless of whether he includes accessories and has shit colors or not, but I'll be pissed if he doesn't have a smiling face regardless
>>
Does anyone know what the soundplate that comes with Okuyasu 2nd says? The soundplate image in the OP hasn't been updated.
>>
>>5959489
Wond mentioned it was something akin to Okuyasu announcing he will erase you or something along those lines.

>>5959434
WF Exclusive Smiling Face and you know it can happen.
>>
>>5959366
>1st has shit colors
>insane price 9650
>no grin, just shouting face

this, but also they'll try to spin (heh) his hat as an 'accessory' and his other accessory is a single steel ball.
>>
File: Siona1469491659.jpg (147KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Siona1469491659.jpg
147KB, 800x1200px
>>5959501
I can almost see Medicos pulling that for his hat from that moment he had the goggles on but in my eyes they would either pull a Pucci and bring along an accessory that actually was shown in the manga but for one incredibly easy to forget panel or actually stick the actual essentials like both his Steel Balls, maybe a removable belt buckle, Scan/Ball Breaker and even his Teddy Bear. There's a decent amount of small accessories Medicos can fall back on if for some reason they want to avoid going for a full package.

Though if they really want to impress, some effect pieces for Gyro when he throws the steel balls would be really nice like that one Marvel Legend Captain America when he throws his shield.
>>
>>5959514

Please, my dream Gyro figure would be something like this:

- two faces - one with the GO!GO!ZEPPELI and one normal
- removable steel balls from his holsters
- removable hat
- a decent ammount of hands
- his teddy bear
>>
Also, do you think that Figma Horses will be compatible with SAS SBR Figures?
>>
>>5959561
Depends on the scale really
>>
File: The World in the West.png (3MB, 1440x2311px) Image search: [Google]
The World in the West.png
3MB, 1440x2311px
>>5959559
It wouldn't kill Medicos to make some plastic steel balls and having his holsters with flaps that come out but realistically Gyro 1st will probably be his neutral and yelling face. They can very easily pass his "Go!Go!ZEPPELI" head to be locked behind a WF only release like with Giorno's free flowing hair, Kosaku Kawajiri, Smirking Joseph, and Smiling Josuke because of how scene specific it is for a JJBA figure.

Stone Ocean overall has lead my expectations all over the place with Annasui going beyond what I thought with the fist and kick effects but somehow Jolyne was the letdown with her WF release lacking anything and seeming like a regular release for 4-5k. Steel Ball Run should be a good redemption period since stands are mostly toned down to additional abilities to the user with certain characters gaining full punch ghosts. However with Medicos not ever tackling smaller villains, we could see Steel Ball Run be a bit on the light side but more fleshed out since my personal speculation is

>Johnny
>Gyro
>Hotpants
>Valentine
>D4C
>Diego (whichever version we can't anticipate with either Scary Monsters or "The World")

Though one of my biggest wishes is The World Part VII with new articulation points like Star Platinum Part IV and the new art headsculpt.

Until next WF I'm keeping my dreams in check just in case of disappointment.
>>
File: stars.jpg (107KB, 982x498px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
107KB, 982x498px
Newfag here, I have Jotaro 2nd version and I'm looking for a SP for him. I'm inclined to pick the purple version.

Do you know what's the cheapest and the most expensive of these three?
>>
>>5959614

The World from Part VII is impressive indeed. But I don't know how they would release two Diegos - one from the alternate dimension and the Scary Monsters.

I wish they would release the Go! Go! Zeppeli! smile. It's a core part from this character.

About Tusk, do you think they will do like they did to Koichi - release the Tusk act I with Johnny and then separatelly the Tusk act II, III and IV?
>>
>>5959651
Well, the one on the right is for Part IV Jotaro for one thing, but they're all around the same price I think. The green one is the oldest, but the purple is the same mold.

I think the Part IV one has improved articulation though, so if you don't mind it not being from the correct part, go for him.
>>
>>5959651
Should be SP3rd. He should be within the 3k range from my last searches and also the easiest to obtain. Most expensive would be SPIV but since I ever rarely see SP1st I'm not too sure. I do know SP2nd is the priciest one out of them if you want blue and the ORAORAORA soundplate.

>>5959664
I've speculated this pretty often way back when for Tusk since Tusk Act IV is big and bulky enough to justify a stand alone release with Tusk Act 3 being packaged also. Act 1 can easily fit as a sort of floating figure above Johnny's shooting hand and the Act 2 being packed into its own bag behind the plastic tray or packed on the bottom row if they want to retain the standard box size.
>>
>>5959651
Green is cheapest. the other 2 are close two each other price wise. I recently got the purple and it has the shittiest paint job I've ever seen. I got it cheap 2nd hand on Mandy and either the original owner tried to fix scratches himself or he got fucked at the factory. I regret not shelling out for blue.
>>
File: star plat.jpg (390KB, 1000x821px) Image search: [Google]
star plat.jpg
390KB, 1000x821px
>>5959651
Of the three you posted, the Part 4 one is definitely the cheapest. The green one is cheapest of the Part 3 version though, while the blue one is most expensive
>>
Why is Josuke's yelling face so shitty?
>>
Just got my first SAS, Crazy Diamond(no pics cause my camera a shit). Love him to bits already, what are some cool poses I can try?
>>
>>5960207
Just play around and test what you can do. Reference the manga when you can and be creative.
>>
>>5960214
Yeah thats what I'm trying right now. Really need to pick up Josuke to go with him but I'm waiting on a sub 4000 yen one to pop up.
>>
Anyone get one of those 3k GER WF 2015 figures in from Mandarake yet? Mine's been held up in transit.

I know I'm just being a paranoid idiot and it's probably fine, but I still have my fingers crossed it isn't missing that Giorno head or something for being so cheap. I trust Mandarake sellers would usually would have something written in the title or listing if something was wrong with it (and they didn't), but still...
>>
File: 1474947926923.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1474947926923.png
65KB, 285x276px
How likely is it for me to find alternate WF heads at all, regardless of price? I'm obviously not going $200+ for a single head, but I'm still willing to pour a dumb amount into them
>>
>>5960467
Kosaku's head got a 4k listing once since the oldest was 10k. Not sure if that's still around.

Other than that you're going to bite the pillow for the figure if you want the head. Giorno's from WFGER is probably the easiest to obtain.
>>
>>5960222
There's a 3500 one on mandy that's been sitting around for a while. Even new on amiami he's 3800
>>
Jesus fuck I guess the hypes hit the apex. Huge dump of SAS's this morning and 90% of them sold immediately including a Kira 2nd and KQ 2nd at 10k each. Glad I've collected all of my must haves but damn.
>>
>>5960876
Yeah I'm really glad I got mine for pretty cheap. I didn't expect them to jump up to 10k so fast.
I wonder if this will make WF KQ price increase since he was always to highest if you don't include the Swavroski and clear versions
>>
>>5960876
Yeah I was refreshing as it was happening. Pretty crazy. Luckily I don't like kira and KQ is not my top priority, but I would have liked to get a KQ someday. What really worries me though is that all of the stuff that got dumped went flying off the self in a matter of minutes. Guess I'll never have my pink giorno.
>>
>>5960966
pink giorno is pretty easy to find on amazon, and by looking at the prices KQ and Kira are going at, the rape prices might not be that high anymore
>>
>>5960876
I'm so glad I 'finished' my collection before the part 4 anime was even announced, prices are getting crazy
>>
Is there a version of The World that's the same scale as the more recent SAS? I keep hearing the part 3 guys are smaller and have comparitevely bad sculpts. Really want the sand colored Za Warudo though...
>>
>>5961234
Only users from Part 3 tend to show up for scaling comparisons. I'm looking at both The World 2nd and 3rd and they hardly seem out of place versus my other stand SAS's like Killer Queen and King Crimson. I think White Snake also

Of course Part 1 Johnathan and Dio are big guys in comparison.
>>
>>5961273
Ah okay that's a relief, I didn't know PB Dio and Jonathan were bigger
>>
File: aaecaead.jpg (151KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
aaecaead.jpg
151KB, 1280x1024px
>>5961277
Check out Nuu's review for more comparisons.
>>
File: 1456616504544.png (282KB, 811x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1456616504544.png
282KB, 811x1300px
anybody got white KQ posed with Gappy? I'd like to see how they look together before ordering
>>
File: _20160906_193155.jpg (470KB, 2285x1804px) Image search: [Google]
_20160906_193155.jpg
470KB, 2285x1804px
>>5961367
>>
File: josephmedicos.jpg (54KB, 480x782px) Image search: [Google]
josephmedicos.jpg
54KB, 480x782px
Shitty photo from cellphone. It arrived today. I'm so happy.
>>
>>5961089
Well if you're ready to pay the amazon price then he's easy to get on many websites, I just wanted to get one on mandy for 4k
>>
File: 1476138760716-1957205325.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1476138760716-1957205325.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
DIO came today. The world is coming soon.

Also his right toe popped off and I think it's broken. As long as I'm not too rough with it, it should be fine. But I'm still not too happy about it.
>>
>>5961369
the slightly different shades of white will bother me, guess I'm better off just waiting for the inevitable recolor with a Kira head see what color fits best with that.
>>
>>5960150
So is his default. He should have had a smirk like WF Joseph, with the Crazy Mountain Dewmond exclusive head as the second head
>>
>>5961273
Whitesnake is tall as fuck
>>
is Guido Mista Second good?
i'm into alt colorways but part 5 doesn't have much variants for the characters
>>
File: 1425190971009.jpg (23KB, 716x724px) Image search: [Google]
1425190971009.jpg
23KB, 716x724px
>be me
>order josuke from mandy and crazy diamond from plamoya
>pay for both on the same day
>mandy fucks it up and has to cancel after I've payed
>place another order
>fuck up the shipping
>ask mandy to change it because I wanted SAL
>finally manage to pay after a few days
>shit gets finally shipped
>fast forward a week
>today it arrived in customs, it has gone across the fucking globe with SAL
>meanwhile crazy D is still in "posting/collecting"
>>
>>5962335
I have Mista 2nd and I like him a lot. The only faults I've seen are the paint apps on his hat and shirt can be wonky. Have not had any problems with him like I've had with other SAS (most notably the rocket elbows from Jolyne and Pucci) Looking back, I haven't had any problems with any of my P5 group.
>>
>>5962335
I have him he's as good as any other SAS. Some people complain about the paint on the hat but mine's perfect. The sex pistols accessories are a lot of fun and you can holster his gun in his pants.
>>
>>5961420
Are you going to pose him or
>>
>>5962335
I've got both Mistas and I prefer the green one's looks desu, something about the default color scheme's skin tone seems off. I did switch their guns and Sex Pistols though so the blue and orange could be proper "canon" Mista, what with the purple gun and all.
>>
>>5962858

I tried to make the pose of him wieldying the hammer.
>>
>>5962919
Use the free arm to do the "you can't see me" pose"! that's how you wield a sledgehammer
>>
Great. Got a GER WF with EMS Shipping, came out of Tokyo and into the US pretty damn fast as usual. Now it's been sitting in Customs for four days now.

I find it hard to believe that Columbus Day would back them up. It's not end all awful, but they better not "lose" it. Ugh.
>>
Just turned up an hour or so ago, pretty happy with it as my first SAS. Only problem is I can't do the head scratch taunt from the arcade fighting game. Other then that it's pretty nice.
>>
Hey guys my GER WF just came in and I've got to say the Giorno head sculpt is fabulously well done. My only gripe is The torso of GER. Is it supposed to have it hip/ass part of it a little loose because I can move it around a little bit.
>>
>>5963301

Nice! Was yours one of the 3k listings on Mandy? Glad to hear the Giorno head looks good! Mine's finally out of customs and should be in a few days, too.

>>5963092

Looks pretty awesome! He does seem to have some claw grip like hands you could kind of recreate his scratching taunt; but at least he comes with a finger + blood effect for the "THIS IS THE GREATEST HIGH!" moment.
>>
>>5963355
yup it was the 3k. Box had super minimal damage and everything was where it should be. Really I'm surprised how well done the head for GER is too!
>>
>>5963301
Yeah. I ordered mine post-WF and the hip piece was loose as well. I assume for better leg movement versus a static piece.
>>
>>5963418
Okay good I thought so because damn this figure has some great leg articulation. Pretty darn good figure for 30 bucks honestly.
>>
File: Scared Weather report.jpg (51KB, 309x612px) Image search: [Google]
Scared Weather report.jpg
51KB, 309x612px
>>5958594
I tried it, sorry about the shit quality
>>
File: IMG_20161011_184243.jpg (430KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_184243.jpg
430KB, 1024x736px
Oh dang, I just got my first SASes and I love 'em. The posability and tons of alt hands are great. Very minor complaints that Jotaro's head doesn't go very far back and DIO can't quite do the WRYY pose, but I love 'em so far.

I've bought Avdol and Kakyoin as well, I can already tell that I am going to spend so much money on this bullshit
>>
File: 1423653215877.jpg (38KB, 680x533px) Image search: [Google]
1423653215877.jpg
38KB, 680x533px
I finally got KQ and the fucking emblem on his hand fell off. Kill me
>>
File: Sheer_Heart_Attack_color.png (792KB, 550x515px) Image search: [Google]
Sheer_Heart_Attack_color.png
792KB, 550x515px
>>5964088
Be careful about where you look, anon
>>
>>5963678
Welcome aboard the crazy train. I said I was just going to get Jotaro, DIO, and maybe a few more. A couple months later and now I have 26.
>>
>>5963678
Now get their Stands.
>>
>>5963678
If you love them just wait until you see how much bigger and better the figures from the other parts are. I'm never going back to buying part 3 figures, this >>5961286 bothers me too much.
>>
>>5961420
I really like Joseph as a character so I'd like to get him but damn, he looks basic as fuck.
>>
File: 2456.jpg (267KB, 904x800px) Image search: [Google]
2456.jpg
267KB, 904x800px
>>5964295
The accessory count and articulation is what really sells him. Medicos never pulls through alt outfits unless it was Rohan.

Otherwise here's your alternate options if you don't like the 1st colorway. One will cost you a limb with another being above $100~ aftermarket now.
>>
>>5964295
Joseph was my first SAS and he's actually pretty awesome. He's a great poser, despite being huge. He and Caesar both have a lot of cool accessories. Go for it, anon. Seriously.
>>
>>5964295
That's kind of a plus because he's probably the best articulated in the line. I'd go for him, you probably won't be disappointed.
>>
>>5964295

He's got some great accessories, including clackers, the hammer he used vs. Wamuu, and the crossbow (along with alternate pieces for having it regular or with ball and string pulled back).

Probably some of the best hand selections, too, he has balled fists, two straight palms for a Hamon chop, pointing fingers, and flayed out fingers for "can't see me" poses. Removable scarf, Caesar headband alt head, and great articulation. The only downside is that his default has a ton of blue, really.
>>
I just got a part 2 Joseph today do you guys know of anywhere where I could get a Tommy gun that would fit him?
>>
>>5964773
Theres a great one that came out with some NECA figure related from Bioshock years back.

Other than that I can't think of anything.
>>
>>5964417
>>5964419
>>5964670
Yeah I know he's packed with accessories but design-wise he's only got the scarf going on... he otherwise looks as a very generic buff guy. Perhaps is all that fucking blue that makes it look so generic to me. Maybe I should drop him for the moment and try to snipe a pink giorno on mandy.
>>
Caesar is amazing too.
>>
>>5964808

That's fair. His green WF variant is absolutely superior; and if you can save up to get him I'd recommend it over regular Joseph. Even has a smug face!

Also, there is a blue variant of Giorno coming out at the end of the month that comes with all the same accessories as pink Giorno (with the addition of a Haruno head) if you didn't know about it and prefer the blue coloring. It's a little more expensive than pink Giorno though.
>>
>>5964186
I just bought Hierophant Green and Magician's Red today (and I'm watching a Star Platinum)
>>
>>5965417
Magician's Red is one of the most solid Stand releases IMO, ya done good. HG is kind of bland and lacks some obvious things that would have made it better. Still nice, but not something I'd pay more than 2500Y for.
>>
File: UcwUrlq.jpg (587KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
UcwUrlq.jpg
587KB, 2448x3264px
Recently swapped the heads of my 1st release Josuke and I noticed the ball joint started to tear.

I remember the reissue had a better ball joint/head solution but I don't remember what was wrong with it otherwise. Was it slightly different paint jobs or something? Does anyone know?

Posting an old ass pic just to post something.
>>
>>5966769
I heard just the neck was redone but the reissues also were given the newer skin paint. The shading was toned down for more lighter tones. I've seen shots of reissue Josuke and Part IV Jotaro where if I put my originals under similar lighting the shading still retains detail and the reissues make the faces look off but under normal lighting it isn't as bad. I believe Medicos made the changeover at either Jolyne's release or Jotaro 3rd.
>>
>>5966797
Good to hear that I can get a replacement in case the worst happens.
>>
>>5963357

Got my 3k in today and had the same situation. Even came with a card insert with a number 000636. which I'm presuming is the number made.

WF GER has some really great paint, sculpt, and heads. I notice sometimes with SAS figures that there will be very slight paint differences between the promo shots and what's in the box, but everything with WF GER down to the Giorno head looks identical to the promo shots. Really great quality there! I'm stoked to get blue Giorno next moth to try out this sweet head piece.
>>
Do you pose your figures with the plastic stand or without?
>>
>>5967191
Well, they come with them, so it'd be a waste not to.

Depends, though. On display, absolutely, especially when I have the Stands displayed behind their users, Dio being Dio, or the Part 5 guys doing the post-Zucchero dance.
>>
>>5967191

Depends on what poses I'm using. It's actually easier to have a Stand be more handsy with their user to forego the plastic stand, but if I want crazy leg positions or just to have some extra stability I'll use it.
>>
>>5967127
That's for the lottery for the Diamond SAS's at WF
>>
One dream: all the figures in the same scale. I hate this huge size difference, knowing the fact that the first three JoJo's have 1,95cm.
>>
File: sadexperience.jpg (450KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
sadexperience.jpg
450KB, 900x637px
>tfw really want that new Giorno head that comes with WF GER
>vastly prefer the other GER color scheme
I wish they made head/accessory packs for characters, I would buy that shit up in a heartbeat. Also, wish we had the colored manga version of Golden Experience, 1st is similar but not really 'gold' enough if that makes sense.
>>
>>5967879
>Josuke's best head forever locked behing ugly ass green Crazy D
It hurts
>>
>>5968058
>tfw think green Insane Quartz is one of the better Stand alt color, but obviously not as great as regular CD
I guess pistachios really are a like it/don't like it deal.
>>
>>5968077
Eh, it's not that bad, but I think it just doesn't fit crazy d. I, mean, if it was 3.2k yen like the regular I'd fucking buy it anyway.
>>
so i got my okuyasu figure, but his right hand wont come off the damned peg

help
>>
>>5968419
as in i can get his hand out of this arm but his hand seems to be just stuck in the peg
this is counterproductive for posing, any fixes for this?
>>
File: 1476430301057.jpg (102KB, 721x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476430301057.jpg
102KB, 721x960px
>tfw medicos will never make minor villains SAS
>tfw you will never get a D'Arby SAS
>>
>>5968432
Try to place it in warm water and see if you can slowly remove it due to the softened plastic. Alternatively use a hairdryer and try to see what you can do without overly warping the plastic.
>>
>>5968432
Yeah, that happened with my Killer Queen. The wrist peg was just assembled backwards.
If you wrap the joint in a thin piece of fabric or something, and take some needle-nose pliers, you can pull it out of the hand, and just flip it around. The forearm side of the peg is supposed to have little bumps on it, to keep it from slipping out when you swap hands.
Good luck!
>>
>>5968432
Bend it 90 degrees and twist
>>
>>5968432
That happened with my first two SAS figures (Jolyne and purple Star Plat) and hasn't happened since. Like >>5968468 said, try bending it and then rotating it until it comes undone. Those can be a bitch to get out when their wrist joints are put in backwards, just remember to flip it around once you get it out
>>
>>5968454
tried the water suggestion and it worked, thanks!
>>
>>5959561
Sorry, but the figma horses are very small, even a tad small for some figmas. You might have better luck with the revoltech horses, but I haven't seen them compared to sas figures.
>>
>>5967397
I was wondering about it. Does the sizes between the figures really that off? Ceasar and Joseph seems quite right, But I've seen Jotaro like your pic and he looks a dwarf next to Joseph. Did that happen with every other figure?
>>
>>5964773
get the new joker icons from dc collectibles. exact tommy gun and same scale
>>
>>5968437
d'arby statue legend is good enough. why would you want to pose him if he just sat the whole time
>>
File: 1361224581360.jpg (1MB, 1514x1630px) Image search: [Google]
1361224581360.jpg
1MB, 1514x1630px
>>5965044
I will forever be disappointed that they went with blue-and-blonde (which you'd have anyway if you bought the first Giorno and WF Giorno) when they could've done practically any other color.
>>
>>5968956
Part 4,5,6,8 figs are regular, part 1&2 are extra tall and part 3 are extra short.
>>
>>5969403
I have p4 jotaro and he's absolutely tiny compared to weather report who's a lot bigger than every other jojo figure I have. I think that the simpler character design, the bigger the figure, because that's how it seems to be.
>>
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1047877336&ref=list pink Oku 7k
>>
File: 20160414_003026.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160414_003026.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>5969584
I wonder how Medicos deals with all the color combinations that Araki puts out from his artworks and narrow down the final choices. The artbooks and even the game covers that he done makes for a giant file to reference.
>>
File: jojo_med_kakyoin_noriaki_v3_s.jpg (22KB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
jojo_med_kakyoin_noriaki_v3_s.jpg
22KB, 160x200px
So I got Kakyoin today and I'm really having trouble getting some of his alternate hands on; I've looked side-by-side and some of the joint holes are noticeably smaller.
Is it just like western figures where I can boil/blow-dry them to soften up the joints?
>>
>>5970161
Probably an error during production so do that to get them to fit.
>>
>>5969587
I see. The problem is, Jotaro, Joseph and Jonathan have the same size in the canon. In the toys area, Jonathan is bigger than Joseph, that is bigger that p3 Jotaro. Seems like a inconssistence in the line.
>>
File: 0548a4d5.jpg (172KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0548a4d5.jpg
172KB, 1280x1024px
>>5970489
I figured Medicos doesn't focus on scaling equality so much. They must've looked into Part 1 and figured Johnathan and Dio are beasts of men and translated that for the figure. Not to mention how old Part 3 SAS are now so they're just modelling whatever they want to do for a character.
>>
File: IMG_5844.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5844.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I'm almost done with my Joestar collection guys all I need now is new giorno, Stone Free and Star Platinum. It's been a lot of fun making this and I'd like to thank you guys for helping me learn how to get a lot of these figures for cheap.
>>
A bunch of pink Giornos went up tonight... Hope I managed to snipe one...

>>5970901
Impressive, very nice, but you're also missing gappy!
>>
>>5970901
Ah yes Dio Joestar and Pucci Joestar, how could anyone forget about them
>>
>>5971143
Dio was adopted, Pucci got the birthmark late in life.
>>
>>5956761
Being a broke college student is suffering. I need a Gyro figure
>>
>>5961499
My dios right shoulder is too high and it pisses me off. Is DIO just a shit figure?
>>
>>5971101
Aw crap you're right! Is the figure good though I didn't quite like the headsculpt the first time I saw it but Soft and Wet looks really nice.
>>
>>5971258
part 3 figures are pretty shit m8
>>
>>5971304
From what I've gathered gappy is pretty nice, the one who's got some problems is S&W. It really looks cool but just watch any video review and you'll see that it's one of the least articulated SAS
>>
>>5971310
Not that anon, but I have to disagree and say that S&W is pretty well articulated. Yeah it's got some problems with the legs and the shoulder pads can get in the way but other than that it's pretty decently articulated. Yeah it's not as good as some of the other SAS figures but it still moves pretty smoothly.

An added bonus soft and wet has is that it has arm and leg joints in canon, so the actual joints blend perfectly in with the figure and don't hurt the design. It's not nearly as noticeable as it is with other figures.
>>
>>5971336
I still find S&W still limiting due to the whole design but you do need to work around a little to be a little dynamic. If anything I wish Medicos made a few changes to make the arms bend a little more even if it's a sacrifice to the design in some way since double joints just won't look good. Ab crunch is definitely a tricky thing to achieve unless they segment the torso but that fucks with the look also.

He's posable and far from Statue tier but I would love to see Medicos changeup the engineering in their joints at some point in the future. SPIV shoulderpad joints has potential even though I found Figuarts to be surprisingly movable.
>>
>>5971305
Fug
>>
File: IMG_5841.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5841.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>5971310
>>5971336
>>5971350
Thanks for the info anons I think I'll save up for gappy next since I'm getting giorno whenever it releases. He seems fairly cheap around mandarake so I'll look out for him!
>>
>>5971663
You can easily get him for 3k
>>
>>5971663
Nice collection anon but why the random accessories on top of the boxes?
>>
>>5971847
Oh those are just accessories I have easy access to that I may want to add when I change the poses for them on occasion. I have some extra stands on the side when I want to make scenes of certain stuff like Dio's head entangling Jonathan or adding the speech bubbles for Jotaro and so on.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
200KB, 640x1136px
how is my pose?
>>
>>5972387
Good though maybe have The Hand do an attack pose
>>
I hope the Drifters SAS will be less of a disappointment than the Tokyo Ghoul ones. If they have the same gimped articulation and fragility issues as the TG figures, especially Toyohisa, that's gonna be the break in the make-or-break it game.

RWBY I'm not even touching.
>>
File: 20161017_172114.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161017_172114.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Rate my pose (shitty camera phone sorry)
>>
File: IMG-20161017-WA0008.jpg (344KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161017-WA0008.jpg
344KB, 1600x900px
>>5973069
Why the fuck is it flipped?
>>
>>5973074
Despite you claiming it's shit due to camera phone, the quality is actually pretty good. The problem is it's way overexposed due to the flash. Take it in natural light and it'll look way better, or at least find some spot lamps.
>>
File: josuke3.jpg (160KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
josuke3.jpg
160KB, 1600x900px
>>5973099
how's this?
>>
>>5973069
Jesus dude how did you get it to pose on the ceiling? Did you put a magnet in the display base?
>>
>>5973205
No, I glued it.
>>
>>5973211
What kind of-

You know what, I'm good, never mind.
>>
>>5973074
4chan mobile downloads do that if you try to upload the whole unedited pic. Mostly phone shots so always crop slightly to avoid Australia angles
>>
"Let's kill da ho! Beeetch!"

Araki really wrote that?
>>
File: b86.png (242KB, 289x425px) Image search: [Google]
b86.png
242KB, 289x425px
>>5973338
that and much more. That's just how act 3 rolls.
>>
>>5973144
What scale bike would you recommend for josuke? I've been trying to find a good one but all of the stores around here sell 1:18th models, and I know for sure that's not right.
>>
>lives in brazil
>everything you import is taxed the double of the price
>imported a Shiza green version
>it arrived today
>it costed something around 60 dollars
>the taxes included somehow raised the price to +150 dollars

Welcome to the Third World Country, my fellow collectors.
>>
>>5973366
It's 1/12 like all SAS, I got it on Amazon for 18€ so you won't have any trouble finding something cheap.
>>
>>5973389
>tfw have a $360 dollar order
>live in a country with no import tax for orders that big.
>>
>>5973353

haha, that's way awesome.
>>
>>5973566
What'd you order for $360!?
>>
>>5973389
>Live in Ecuador
>only way you get tax is if you ship it through FedEx or the likes
>No taxes for EMS USPS etc
Life is not that bad in my shitty third world country
>>
>>5973566
The US? You don't have to pay customs up to like $800 on an order
>>
>>5973607
>>5973800
yea im in the us. i got like 10 gunpla kits (2 ver ka mg). giorno and a nendo.
>>
>>5973338
Didn't you read the manga?
>>
File: DSC_0252.jpg (663KB, 1000x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0252.jpg
663KB, 1000x1024px
Not SAS, but JoJo related. I miss posting here, but I haven't purchased anything SAS related recently. Went back to my collecting of Nendoroids.
>>
>>5973800
Uh...customs doesn't apply to consumers, period. It applies to businesses and certain types of goods. Toys are not on that list. You could have a $2000+ order and they may delay it to make sure it's not being delivered to a business but wouldn't charge tax on it.
>>
File: simpsons-australia-toilet-o.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-australia-toilet-o.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>5973566
>>5973800
>>5973839
>>5973966
>sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing
>>
>>5973962
This is basically for all JoJo toy stuff anyways. How are you liking that Josuke? Thinking of getting Kira and KQ for my girlfriend since she likes cute stuff like that.
>>
>>5973899

Yes, but i thought it was the translator being funny or something. and i also forgot all about that part.
>>
File: IMG_20161017_192505.jpg (535KB, 1200x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161017_192505.jpg
535KB, 1200x952px
Got my first stands and they are great! It's a little tricky finagaling the Stand and the User on the same display platform but it's worth it.

One question I have - is there any other way to display the soundplates? I have MUDAs, ORAs, MENACING, and more but I only have two of those post-splitters that let you put two pegs in one hole.
>>
>>5974090
I just use a pack of Tamashii stages to prop up the soundplates if I'm using it for display.
>>
>>5973899
I read the Duwang version where some of the pages weren't even translated, so that part was a surprise to me.

>>5974046
Not them, but I got my Josuke and am a little underwhelmed. There just aren't many accessories when I compare them to my nendos. Josuke is my third favorite JoJo, so I still love him nonetheless. I wish they would have gone with a more Cu-Poche route with them, cuz shit's weird with them being so static.
>>
>>5974090
There are bottom stand plates designed with 3x holes on each side, you may want to look into those. Sometimes they wind up on mandarake if you don't want to buy the figures that come with them.
>>
Fuck my life I just missed a regular Jolyne on mandy
Wish I could afford the pink one.
>>
>>5975137
>Complex

Hah, that must be the one I sold to Mandarake this week.

Then again I don't see them putting up any of the other ones I sold them.
>>
>>5975168
Are you quitting or just replacing her?
Also I'm kind of fascinated about how selling shit to mandy works.
>>
File: PBPR4ln.jpg (51KB, 269x688px) Image search: [Google]
PBPR4ln.jpg
51KB, 269x688px
JoJo newfag. Just finished part 1. Kind of really want a Johnathan figure despite him being the biggest jabroni I've seen in an anime. I NEED dio, but I already know he comes back and it's a better look

I'm gonna end up wanting everyone in this damn series, aren't I?
>>
>>5975199
I have the WF one, and am basically cutting down on mold doubles and side characters I don't care about. Also got rid of Josuke, Jonathan and Dio because I have their WF alternatives (or the limited Pink one in Josukes case) and Dio black, Weather Report and Crippleneff because I don't really care for them.

Mandarake basically give you approx. 30% of what they intend to sell it for. You lose a bunch of money but it's an easy no strong solution to dumping a whole ton of shit if you can't be fucked to eBay it or whatever. E.g my last trip netted me 60k so you can kinda imagine how much i was offloading. In eight-ish years of collecting I've probably lost maybe $2k in buying and then selling off, but I just put it down to one of life's expenditures.
>>
>>5975408
>I'm gonna end up wanting everyone in this damn series, aren't I?
Probably. I'd wait until you get caught up with the series before you choose which figures you want to get.

Also don't lurk here because you'll get spoiled.
>>
>>5975437
my friend who got me into Jojo already spoiled 99% of Part 3, but the rest is fine
>>
>>5975418
Uh uh I see, makes sense, most of those WF alternatives are much better than the originals.
On that note, how's Crippleneff? I can't be bothered to get polnareff because he honestly looks like shit and has part 3 manlet issues, but the part 5 one looks really sharp with the pink details on the chest and eyepatch but I'm kinda worried about him not looking as cool in non-canon poses (I.e. not sitting in the chair). Also, can he lift, grab the chair? I'd love to pose him smashing the chair in someone's face.
>>
>>5975408
Wait until you watch/read the whole thing or at least to be halfway through IMO. And always remember that part 3 figures are the oldest ones and thus smaller and not as well made and good looking as figures from other parts. I made the terrible mistake of starting my collection with a part 3 Jotaro and now he's the only one I'd gladly sell to get a part 4 Jotaro.
>>
>>5975408

The series is AWESOME. And the cast will increase with each new part you will watch / read. Check out the /r/stardustcrusaders, they are very helpful towards new fans. And prepare your wallet: you will want to get EVERY figure so far released.
>>
Hi. I don't want two versions of the same character, like Dio Part 1 and Dio Part 2. I also don't want two Josephs (old and young). Neither Jotaro. What should I do about the Stardust Crusaders? I want the complete team.
>>
>>5975707
>What should I do
Um, buy the whole team? And just pick the one you like best for characters that have multiple figures? I'm not really sure what you're asking, it seems like you answered your own question in your post.
>>
>>5975703
This is very surreal b8.
>>
>>5975723

I lurk /a/ JoJo threads, /r/StardustCrusaders, and the JoJo /toy/ threads, and honestly it's not that b8.

/a/ has lots of stupid memeing (sometimes funny stuff), random arguments, and occasional good discussion.

Here is usually just chill people sharing figures and asking for pose ratings, showing new gets, or posting about deals.

/r/StardustCrusaders can have some shitty fanart and occasional dumb people, but it's honestly way better than /a/ JoJo threads just out of the virtue that their shitposting is retained in one thread instead of interjecting discussions like on /a/. /a/ has better shitposting, but /r/StardustCrusaders have better discussions, desu.
>>
>>5975964

Also, not sure why that "desu" is there, the hell?
>>
>>5975965
>Also, not sure why that "desu" is there, the hell?
So this really is some surreal b8.

gb2 reddit
>>
>>5975965
desu
>>
>>5975965
4chan replaces t b h with desu
>>
File: IMG_1193.png (243KB, 869x659px)
IMG_1193.png
243KB, 869x659px
Sas Jobin with fried chicken accesory when
>>
>>5976660
Depends if he's the main villain for Medicos to care.
>>
Just bought this bad boy via a Proxy Service. http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v467338640
>>
>I'm finally getting my Josuke tomorrow
>As always there is no telling wether I'm going to pay custom fees or not
>meanwhile my crazy d is god knows where, still waiting to sit a week in customs
>meanwhile the pink giorno I impulse bought on mandy has shipped
>there's no fucking way it will slip through customs
>mfw the fee percentage is calculated after shipping
>mfw every 4 SAS I pay fees on it's like I bought 5
>mfw I'm dumb dumb dumbass for not moving to the states

>>5976660
At this point I really hope he is the main villain, if they chose the colours wisely that hairdo and jacket would make for a very nice figure. Of course a fried chicken bucket would be awesome too.
>>
File: CCOOL.png (28KB, 138x138px) Image search: [Google]
CCOOL.png
28KB, 138x138px
>>5976737
>mfw I didn't post a face
>>
>>5976737

Where you from? Here in Brazil we pay over 60% of the price of the importation.
>>
File: SpicyMeatball.png (25KB, 977x340px) Image search: [Google]
SpicyMeatball.png
25KB, 977x340px
>>5976755
Italy. Luckily here it's not that bad. You don't pay anything if you import from within the EU or if the value is under 25 euros otherwise you just pay the usual tax on products (which is 21% here), however, our postal sistem is particularly thorough when it comes to taxes, which has earned us the privilege of being listed on the JapanPost website as one of the few countries with possible delays. Luckily they're not AS thorough with SAL, so being a tacky salfag works I guess.
>>
>>5976804
You would think in Italy you guys would have it easiest when it comes to JoJo stuff.
>>
>>5976804

You probably should love Shiza.
>>
File: Cta87IrW8AAiF1w.jpg (31KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
Cta87IrW8AAiF1w.jpg
31KB, 500x320px
>tfw I just realized David Bowie is Kira
>>
>>5976966
This is why I hate animefags. Was that really necessary to post.
>>
>>5976836
HA!
>>
>>5976836
We don't, sadly. I mean, we did get translations for each and every part of the series and they still can be bough in comic book stores, but unfortunately its ties with Italy do not make it more popular than it is anywhere else. In fact, while I sometimes find figmas, revos, nendos and such in stores, I've never seen a SAS in a store, or even local online stores.
But I do think that it's really funny that people think Italy is some sort of second homecountry for JoJo, I'd love for it to be so.

>>5976859
I don't love him, but he sure has a special place among the characters I like as he's the only one representing my hometown, while Naples gets all the part 5 guys and gyro...Not fair.
>>
>>5976737
>>5976755
Ouch. Aussies don't pay GST unless it's over $1000
>>
>>5977090
>But I do think that it's really funny that people think Italy is some sort of second homecountry for JoJo
I'd consider it to be the closest to one there is. Getting translations for each part is a big deal I think. Plus Araki loves Italy.
>>
>Giorno and Kira now say "Released"

Is it finally habbening?
>>
>>5976966
David Bowie didn't get killed by his head being run over by an ambulance though
>>
guys whats the cheapest form of shipping on ami ami I'm trying to get the giorno
>>
Just placed the order for Giorno. Soon going to get Gappy then I will have all the Joestars. We've almost reached the dream, anons.
>>
>>5977834
Depends on where you live, for some places you're fucked no matter what you choose.
>>
Why does everyone shit on SAL?
All of my orders with it have been cheap and relatively quick, is it a country thing or am I just lucky?
>>
>>5977992
Impatience and the occasional shitty luck when a package gets lost.
>>
File: file.png (59KB, 951x444px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
59KB, 951x444px
>>5977992
I ordered this on September 23. Today, October 20, it's still only "the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece".
>>
>>5977992
better question is why do people still even use sal.
>>
>>5977992
no idea, I always use sal and get everything in 3 weeks, never had any problems.
>>
>>5978089
Where do you live?
>>
File: 1476938441991.png (2MB, 836x1200px)
1476938441991.png
2MB, 836x1200px
What is Gappy's best colorway and why is it pic related?
>>
File: 7.jpg (1MB, 854x1226px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1MB, 854x1226px
>>5978196
I'm much more in favor of orange but you reminded me of the rise of pinks for Jojolion and Medicos botching WF Jolyne.
>>
So today I got my first part 4 SAS.
I'm kinda disappointed, I thought part 4 figures were in the same scale as part 5 and 6 figs. Well at least it'll be keeping company to manlet Jotaro.
>>
>>5978346
Which one did you get?
>>
>>5978355
Josuke. The sculpt is very sharp, the accessories are cool and apart from the very limited chest articulation he's great. He's just... small.Guess Crazy D will be smaller than I expected too. Part 6 stands will defnetly tower over him.
>>
>>5978420
I have both of them, Crazy D is slightly taller than Josuke, I don't have stands from later parts yet (Josuk8 and S&W are coming) so I didn't notice.
>>
File: Emporio_Alnino.png (323KB, 302x487px)
Emporio_Alnino.png
323KB, 302x487px
i get it if they don't make Foo Fighters but if they don't make emporio... i swear to god i need to make a custom
>>
>>5978193
America.
>>
>>5978650
They won't. Stone Ocean is done until they make new recolors
>>
>>5978899
Damn was this confirmed somewhere? I don't mind not getting ff but emporio is a must
>>
>>5978911
Medicos usually moves on after doing a part. They're already in the development stages for Steel Ball Run so if they revisit Stone Ocean then it will be a recolor. Rohan is probably the sole exception.

If you want Emporio then start looking into references to begin a custom project.
>>
>>5978650
>i get it if they don't make Foo Fighters
What do you mean? Is there some reason she'd be less likely to get a figure than Emporio?
>>
File: 20161020_203541.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_203541.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Finally got Okuyasu but then this happened to his toe.

What do? Ordered from Mandy via ems. OtherwI've, flawless figure.
>>
File: 20161020_204553.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px)
20161020_204553.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>5979362

Otherwise*

Temporary fix. It's fine unless I move it. Anyone know of a permanent way to fix this ?
>>
>>5958570
That happened in the anime a month ago, baka. Get out from under your rock
>>
I'm about to start watching Jojo, how fucked I'm if I want to start collecting figures?
>>
>>5979374
Take a picture like this (or closer) but with it broken/separated. Can't make out shit in >>5979362 because of the focus.
>>
>>5979415
I'm too lazy to set up a list on easy to find/common releases so check up on this to see who has recent reissues.

http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?tags=super_action_statue

The OP has all the info you need for shops that will get you older figures so look there. Reissues have lighter skin tones versus the more shaded originals so don't be surprised when you see some shots. Big rule of thumb is you're possibly fucked on the mass release 2nd and 3rd colorways since Medicos refuses to reissue those but the shops in the OP should guide you on the right areas to look but don't always expect to pay their original price, especially for the Part 4 colorways like Killer Queen 2nd.

I can also give you specifics on certain character releases if you need to know some but I don't own everyone but I'll answer what I can. Especially certain QC issues that specific characters have. Otherwise just be mindful on people dropping spoilers and watch what you can and hope better scans and translations roll for Part 5 after you catch up on Part 4.
>>
>>5979415

Most figures range from 40-50 dollars. Rarer ones are usually expensive.
>>
Please, can somebody deliver an image of part 4 Jotaro next to part 3?
>>
File: 0779d3ed.jpg (112KB, 1280x960px)
0779d3ed.jpg
112KB, 1280x960px
>>5979440
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51726941.html
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>5956739
I'm pretty much full tinfoil hat at this point about Medicos. The BOJ yield curve isn't helping and their chief is basically like "we have a plan to counter this inflation and it will take effect sometime in 2017". Meanwhile others are saying the Yen could possibly be 100 by 2017 since it's already at 96.

Medicos isn't even really releasing that many new figures anymore. We just recently got a KQ and Kira as well as Jotaro and SP reissue even though we just had reissues of them in 2014 and they didn't sell out until several months after release.

As for new releases we have Rohan and Ken Kaneki. Two new releases in one month after nothing in September on top of a reissue and a recolor (I know Giorno has a new head but its still the same figure). For announced we have Gyro and Baoh who aren't even up for Preorder yet nor have they been colored (to my knowledge). I'm not sure what exactly is going on at Medicos but usually they have months planned in advance for releases and right now in terms of SAS alone we have October and that's it.
>>
A shit ton of pre-owned figures just went up on amiami
>>
File: tumblr_oasvg4ckGN1u5b45vo1_500.jpg (90KB, 399x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oasvg4ckGN1u5b45vo1_500.jpg
90KB, 399x750px
>>5979635
Baoh's coming up at some point though I feel he's an early 2017 release. At least there's Tamashii effects to really make the effect parts pop.
>>
>>5979676
Where can I see them filtered?
>>
>>5979689
http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_cate3=1222&pagemax=40
>>
>>5977676
>>Giorno and Kira now say "Released"
>Is it finally habbening?

My blue Gio and white Bruno shipped out today, so I assume so. Can't wait! Hopefully there isn't some extra delayed weekend fuckery for me like last time (though that might just have been Columbus Day giving customs an excuse to leave my last shipment there an extra day).
>>
File: smug rohan.png (284KB, 311x343px)
smug rohan.png
284KB, 311x343px
>>5979676
Thanks pal, just ordered the Highway Star Rohan.
>>
>>5979463

Thanks for delivering it. Isn't Jotaro from DiU slight taller than Jotaro from SC?
>>
>>5956739
>more severe with medicos
Say that to the 10k Slan or 6k Midoriya figma with barely any accessories
>>
Hey everyone, what's the difference between Jotaro v1 and v1.5?

Does 1.5 just use the head sculpt from the later versions?
>>
>>5981147
Yes. 1.5 was a fix to the headsculpt on 1st.
>>
File: 1386746325687.jpg (25KB, 637x344px) Image search: [Google]
1386746325687.jpg
25KB, 637x344px
Anyone here looking to buy SAS for fair prices? I'm looking to downsize my collection, and I'd rather sell them to cool unfortunate anons who missed out, than get fucked in the ass by ebay.

What I'm selling, all in good condition(besides one, which I will explain) are as follows.

Jolyne 1st, Stone Free 1st, Kira 1st, Diavolo 1st, Josuke (part 4) 2nd, Crazy Diamond 1st, Josuke (part 8), Soft & Wet, Kars, DIO 1st, DIO Black(with muda punching effect), The World 1st, Jotaro (Part 4), Star Platinum (Part 4) but the head is fucked up, will include for free with Jotaro, Rohan (biker outfit)

Email if interested.
>>
>>5981209
fug I forgot email
>>
>>5981182

Just as I thought, thanks!
>>
>>5981209
Emailed homie
>>
>>5968956
I can make this happen. What figure would you want to ride it. I have something from every part.
>>
Why doesn't diavolo come with an epitaph head with him looking at his bangs flowing forwards, such a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>5981754
Welcome to Medicos Entertainment
>>
>>5981209
Emailed
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (127KB, 1555x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
127KB, 1555x1600px
Found this version of DIO for relatively cheap, but apparently there are a lot of issues with the hip joints being loose and making him unable to do a lot of poses. Would trying to fix them be worth the effort or should I go for another fig?
>>
>>5982229
Depending on the price I found the punch effects (if they are included) to be worth the price even with a botched Black Dio. Like 2k cheap or roughly $20 less because I got a black Dio from the bad batch who's leg just got super loose and almost snapped but the punch effects are solid.
>>
>>5982255
It's $40 including shipping. It comes with the punches and the seller said the hip joints are loose but didn't say by how much. I think it should be able to stand up, at least.
>>
>>5982259
It's bit of a iffy if you ask me since Black Dio would go as cheap as 2k flat before shipping on Mandy but they price bumped it to 3.5k. However if it's just the legs I could say it's worth it. Fixing those hips may be a different story.
>>
>>5982229
I bought mine just for the punching effects, and his neck joint is extremely loose. It makes posing him kind of a pain, and I feel terrified to try and switch his heads out.

I got tired of using the punching effects, too. They're just such a pain in the ass to get to stay stable and still.
>>
>>5981209
emailed. I hope the 's' in sellingsas is supposed to be lowercase
>>
Anyone have a clue where I can find a decently priced Wham fig or am I just fucked since there'll never be a re-release?
>>
>>5982863

your fukked

I got lucky though and got both Wham and ACDC together for like 4.2k with free shipping in Japan on a Yahoo auction so I guess you can try that. Don't count on it though, that was a huge fluke and the YAJ seems to be a lot more competitive for SAS lately.
>>
>>5975723
>>5977007
>>5979415
Toonami was a mistake

>>5978203
I'm cool with a pink Gappy. I like it better than the orange one.

>>5978346
Something weird I noticed is a few of the "younger" P5 SAS like Narancia and Trish have fuckhuge heads when compared to everyone else. Other than those, I think they look okay with P4 and P6.
>>
>>5979676
Dammit, I just paid for an order today with a pink Okuyasu, and now I see they've put up a pink Josuke for $$, but. Dammit.
>>
File: med.png (43KB, 486x110px) Image search: [Google]
med.png
43KB, 486x110px
To Be Continued..... : >>5983389
>>
>>5983392
>still under post limit
>still under image limit
>still on page 1

What the hell are you doing?
>>
>>5983395
was in page 8 on my end
weird
>>
>>5983400
newfag
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.