[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General /tfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 90

File: test.jpg (30KB, 640x497px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
30KB, 640x497px
Link to old thread
>>5953381

Just a quick opinion, ok so I expected takara to skip this mold variant since it was designed with hasbro intentions in mind, or even retool it a little to make big convoy, how hard would it of been to swap the lion headparts into mammoth head parts, but I guess they went with the cheap redeco with "new" head trick.

Seeing as I have alpha trion I might skip this...but its pretty to look at, might need to think about this, along with the movie reissues.

Well anyways I'll leave it to you guys
>>
File: subaru thumbs up.png (379KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
subaru thumbs up.png
379KB, 522x522px
>>5955256

Goddamn I like this.
>>
>>5955256
aw it's not Star Convoy
>>
Why a new thread when the old one is not at the limit yet? Is that even allowed?
>>
>>5955256
Honestly the crappy beast mode articulation would be much more forgivable if those are elephant legs rather than feline limbs.

You don't expect an elephant to do much besides standing upright, but with a lion, you kinda wish it could make some different stances.
>>
>>5955267
You seem to be new, so I'll help.

The post limit is at 300 in which the old thread will start sinking, new post won't bump it up, I could of waited considering longer how slow it is but I thought it was halfway down the catalog, it was a line or 2 higher, I also had a long day and all these new announcements have me in a buzz along with my own delirium.

Pretty much as long as you don't post 4-5 of them before any of them are finished you won't look like a moron, best waiting it out unless the previous one is dead
>>
>>5955260
Whose head is on the middle bottom?
>>
>>5955276

Star Convoy.
>>
File: test.jpg (62KB, 960x622px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
62KB, 960x622px
Thoughts on blackshadow being the pre-tool for overlord and hopefully thunderwing?

I still honestly think the generations one does quite well, but he does seem quite nice this new version so I'll give him a look.

I just hope overlord doesn't carry too much, infact I'm confused as to why not Overlord first considering the weight of his presence in idw compared to blackshadow and how (quite clearly) different they look, while we more experienced fans know he's a pretool he isn't going to be serving as a good "test case" for those not in the know, depending on the tooling they might treat blackshadow as a literal who, but oh well.

I would buy this 100% for a thunderwing from hasbro, waiting on takara's overlord (I won't be collecting by the time an mp is made so I'm better off seeing their madness) but I guess another timely sale will decide if I get blackshadow like how I got my hasbro blaster
>>
>>5955283
i guessing they want to test the water with black shadow
>>
>>5955283

The deluxe mold had that annoying problem of the shoulder armor colliding with the wings in robot mode.
>>
>>5955283

Y'know, apart from the whole Duocon thing, Black Shadow ("Ominus"? Seriously?) looks nothing like Overlord.
>>
File: DSCN2262.jpg (761KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2262.jpg
761KB, 1600x1200px
So I had a look in the previous thread in regards to Aaron Archer and John Warden's design approaches with g1 aesthetics.

As much as a geewunner I am I actually liked the classics/universe aesthetic, while some went in odd directions like perceptor (would a building telescope be too retarded an idea?) others came out pretty well even though some got cut short (like universe galvatron, I still like the mold, yes its shit but the transformation doesn't bother me since all the joints on mine pop off so I just parts form that shitty thing), currently these 2 right here were my holy grails and I'm glad to have them.

It just sucks finding the henkei optimus was overly expensive and the platinum 2 pack contained a hideous megatron, thankfully the evolution 2 pack BRAND NEW was being sold at half the current price of the platinum (which is on sale mind you, so its closer to 1/3 rrp here), I can take a redeco of a figure I already know and like over having a hideously clear red megatron.

I guess I just like the fact most of the toys back then functioned moderately well (not perfect, enough for a kid to enjoy, a nightmare for photographers), looked like their g1 counterparts without just being straight up, but rather modernized, and not just adding articulation to a brick (pmop, sixshot, not that I don't like them just saying...) but giving them a new somewhat fitting skin.

To some, of course.
>>
>>5955283
I predict his tank half will be exactly the same on Overlord.
>>
File: 20161007_203950.jpg (145KB, 1026x1017px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_203950.jpg
145KB, 1026x1017px
Wasn't there some issue with the CW Sky Lynx mold?
>>
>>5955296
Same, the main alterations are going into this plane mode. There's a lot that could change there.
>>
>>5955284
Well considering how they work their retools and pretools these days its gonna come eventually.

>>5955287
Ah, just like the old deluxe seekers and their arms, I don't tend to "play" with my figures much and once in a pose they hold their stance for a week.

>>5955289
They don't, which is what I was getting at.

Infact thinking about it more worries me, how...much retooling will he get, I imagine the tank will look much the same, the chest could be swapped out, the helmet on blackshadow already kinda looks like overlords minus the horns, the arms and shoulders as well as jetpack kibble kinda worry me, more so the shoulders.

I guess what I would really like is if they add chest weapons that flip out, wonder if takara will pull a super ginrai

>>5955296
Most likely yes, not a fan of the red thing on the barrel though, wonder why its there?
>>
>>5955297
Wasn't it the horns on one guy being fused or something?

...is he tight or loose anon, I'm getting impatient with takara
>>
File: 300px-Overlord.jpg (31KB, 300x393px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Overlord.jpg
31KB, 300x393px
>>5955283
If the jetnose kibble can be removed then it could work for overlord.

I'd like a jetshield
>>
File: G1_overlord_toy.jpg (110KB, 787x500px) Image search: [Google]
G1_overlord_toy.jpg
110KB, 787x500px
>>5955303
Because otherwise in comparison with blackshadow's modes he'll look great unless he's just a head only retool without the horns
>>
>>5955283
> why not Overlord first

They've been doing this for the entire line. Do the (less popular) remold/repaint first before getting the one people want the most out. It's a clever trick too, because this way, remolds/repaints that normally don't sell now DO because people are impatient and just want a version of the toy already.

I do wish they'd at least have shown Overlord off, though. I don't care if Skyshadow is released first, but I really want to know what the big guy will look like.
>>
Are there any good, reasonably affordable Voyager-Ultra scale Nemesis Primes out there? I don't mind what style or altmode he has, I just want a good Nemesis that isn't ludicrously expensive.

I actually considered RID Scourge but that thing is like £70 in good condition and is kinda dated. Universe Nemesis Prime looks awesome but is pretty costly (at least here in the UK).

At this point I might as well go down the custom route and get a Fireburst Optimus Prime to repaint; I have the original mold and quite dig it, and he'd actually not need that much repainting to look evil seeing as he's mostly black anyway.
>>
>>5955307
Most black optimus repaints can be expensive, tell me, what about the rid2015 mold?

The tav nemesis prime is nifty, and the recently released power surge version is about the same, the only problem is they aren't voyager.

I'm fairly certain every voyager sized nemmy is an exclusive of some sort, minimum 7000yen from mandarake
>>
>>5955307
>Nemesis Primes
>affordable
you have to pick one
>>
Is the Super Ginrai the only Japanese exclusive remold so far?

I am only buying modified Takara ones, not straight repaints or head switches.

Hence, Lio Convoy is not that appealing.
>>
>>5955313
RID2015 mold is too small, which is a shame as it looks pretty neat.
>>5955315
Well bugger. Guess I might as well be prepared to either drop the cash or rev up the airbrush.
>>
File: Movie-Reissue-MB-06-Ratchet.jpg (37KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
Movie-Reissue-MB-06-Ratchet.jpg
37KB, 640x386px
Tomy is doing a 10th anniversary movie reissues.
>>
>>5955313
The power surge mold is alright. I have fun with it. The arms are really shitty articulation-wise though.
>>
MB-01 Classic Optimus Prime – reissue of Age of Extinction Evasion Optimus Prime
MB-02 Bumblebee – reissue of Dark of the Moon Deluxe Bumblebee, who comes with “new” accessories
MB-03 Megatron – reissue of Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Megatron, in a new screen-accurate deco.
MB-04 Shockwave – reissue of Dark of the Moon Voyager Shockwave
MB-05 Ironhide – reissue of Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Ironhide
MB-06 Ratchet – reissue of Dark of the Moon Deluxe Ratchet, in the deco Ratchet used in the first two movies. Includes “new” gun accessories.
MB-07 Soundwave – reissue of Dark of the Moon Human Alliance Soundwave
MB-08 Starscream – reissue of Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Starscream
MB-09 Grimlock with Optimus Prime – reissue of Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock with new Optimus Prime rider accessory
MB-10 Strafe with Bumblebee – reissue of Age of Extinction Deluxe Strage with new Bumblebee rider accessory
MB-11 Optimus Prime – reissue of Leader class Striker Optimus Prime, with accessories like the swords from the Dark of the Moon version of this figure and the gas tank guns from the Revenge of the Fallen Buster Optimus Prime
>>
>>5955316
So far yes.

Lio convoy is just a head only repack (I'm not calling it a retool since the head is more an accessory) of alpha trion, similar to how the legends headmaster crew got anime styled faces

>>5955318
>>5955322

Are these gonna be mainstream or online exclusive?

I want the leader optimus, my old leader megatron needs a buddy
>>
File: 20161007_205402.jpg (165KB, 994x1276px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_205402.jpg
165KB, 994x1276px
>>5955300
Fused horn >>5955079 was also my piece last thread. Probably a one-off unlucky thing.

>...is he tight or loose anon, I'm getting impatient with takara
Deathsaurus is okay. The plane molds are having trouble staying tabbed or holding poses in arm mode, pledge-able issues.

I seem to recall some widespread complaint with Sky Lynx months back. Google time.
>>
File: skyshadowjetcomparison.jpg (509KB, 1464x812px) Image search: [Google]
skyshadowjetcomparison.jpg
509KB, 1464x812px
>>5955299

I think that the remold changes will actually be really drastic. I mean, compare Skyshadow's jet mode to Overlord's toy and the comic design, or even how his nosecone doesn't fit the shape of the sled-shield-seat-thing. The wings and tailfin will go poof, we will have a new nose for the jet, the arms will be completely different to turn into the turbines, and the new wings will be on the arms. I will be really surprised if that isn't how it goes down.
>>
File: Wrong_Autobots.jpg (96KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong_Autobots.jpg
96KB, 1024x576px
>>5955315
So strange that Hasbro didn't do a repaint of that mold into Scourge colors. Don't they love repaints?
>>
>>5955326
>Deathsaurus is okay. The plane molds are having trouble staying tabbed or holding poses in arm mode, pledge-able issues
That still sucks.

>I seem to recall some widespread complaint with Sky Lynx months back. Google time.

Never had that with mine, just the ratchets (fixed those) and toes (how can I fix those without removing the pins, what just slop in pledge, would nail acrylic clear coat work?)
>>
File: Movie-Reissue-MB-02-Bumblebee.jpg (29KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
Movie-Reissue-MB-02-Bumblebee.jpg
29KB, 640x391px
>>5955324
Not sure, TFSource has them up for preorder with them starting at $40 and up.
>>
>>5955318
I don't think they've done a movie Ratchet toy with his actual gun from the movie.
>>
>>5955330
>just the ratchets (fixed those)
Yeah I think that was it. The ratchets seem fine on Deathsaurus but I don't have CW Sky Lynx so I can't really tell.
>>
>>5955333
I've seen, and premium collectables is considering them (they're asking people on facebook since the manager is up in arms about them).

But those 2 list that stuff before the major japanese dealers start putting them up early, kinda fuming about legends astrotrain, the hlj discount along with my bulk shipping works out slightly better than buying him and super ginrai just for free shipping, so yeah I'm kinda hoping they're normal releases
>>
File: Movie-Reissue-MB-03-Megatron.jpg (33KB, 640x494px) Image search: [Google]
Movie-Reissue-MB-03-Megatron.jpg
33KB, 640x494px
>>5955334
Well, kinda. There was a deluxe in HftD that had his gun.
>>
>>5955334
The rotf deluxe Ratchet had it.
>>
>>5955336
Easy way to tell, hold his leg up in combined mode all the way forward, mine would just flop right back down, coupled with a click that would suggest the ratchets were only tapping each other, causing further damage.

Now he's tighter than my UW grand scourge, oh the irony
>>
>>5955339
>they're asking people on facebook since the manager is up in arms about them

Wait what? Why?
>>
File: Movie-Reissue-MB-04-Shockwave.jpg (36KB, 640x412px) Image search: [Google]
Movie-Reissue-MB-04-Shockwave.jpg
36KB, 640x412px
>>
File: test.png (10KB, 476x136px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
10KB, 476x136px
>>5955343
Maybe they're a geewunner, maybe the fact they're getting dated in some molds
>>
File: Movie-Reissue-MB-05-Ironhide.jpg (35KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
Movie-Reissue-MB-05-Ironhide.jpg
35KB, 640x423px
>>
File: Movie-Reissue-MB-07-Soundwave.jpg (32KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
Movie-Reissue-MB-07-Soundwave.jpg
32KB, 640x387px
>>
Is it me or does the lio convoy head not look like existing prime head molds?

The mouthplate looks kinda odd...could he be another usage of the sentinel prime head, bad resolution, or my first thought that he had a mouth like optimus primal where the plate is open?

I could be wrong and they're using the voyager laser prime head though even if I don't see it properly
>>
File: 20161007_211629.jpg (72KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_211629.jpg
72KB, 1008x756px
>>5955342
Like this? Yeah it's no issue.

The elbows have problems keeping at 90 deg though, got to pledge it up good.
>>
>>5955344
Is this one fully painted? How much better is this compared to KO Shockwave?
>>
>>5955352
Couldn't tell you, I have as much info as you do.
>>
>>
>>5955351
Ah yes, all of my cw and uw figures have that issue though for mine its overtime.

I can't pose my superion using powerglide attached to the gun without support and even with it stressed the joints, why couldn't they use ratchets there?

UW grand scourge's damn sword is a nightmare as well

>>5955352
Would be a test shot, better off waiting a bit longer.

Being a reissue it'll either be really shit or the best we'll get, same luck as ko's in a sense
>>
In the end I really find myself only wanting Ratchet.
It would have been nice if Tomy used the Voyager HftD Prime but the leader is still a great toy.
>>
>>5955359
Doesn't the leader offer the most screen accuracy compared to the voyagers or was that only for the older ones

Really I just want to avoid kibble on a bay design, its why I dislike armor knight prime, even the black repaint couldn't save it despite the detachable nature of it
>>
File: hftdbbprime003.jpg (89KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
hftdbbprime003.jpg
89KB, 480x720px
>>5955360
There is this one who is a mini version of that with less fiddly bits.
>>
>>5955348

about fucking time we got a movie deco version of this guy.
>>
>>5955348
If they actually put silver paint on it, then this is worth getting.
>>
>>5955362
Oh, that doesn't look bad, what's the name?
>>
>>5955366
Hunt for the Decepticons Voyager Optimus Prime.

It's shit, don't even bother.
>>
>>5955370
>venge of the Fallen Voyager Starscream
Opinions, it's an awesome fig. Also comes with the matrix.
>>
>>5955370
>>5955374
Ok, explain good and bad points.

Go
>>
>>5955366
That's the HFTD Voyager Prime. There's also a much better repaint of it called Revenge Optimus Prime that was a Takara exclusive during AOE but good luck finding that one.
>>
>>5955359
Is this the best Bay Optimus? I know theres one that everyone swears by as the best but I can't remember if its this one or not.
>>
File: Galvatron-Robot-New.jpg (294KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Galvatron-Robot-New.jpg
294KB, 1200x1200px
Why was he a Titan Master? He'd be great if he were just a normal Transformer. And if he has to be then why the stupid fucking mask thing?

will we at least get a non Titan Master version later?
>>
>>5955401
Not this bait again...
>>
>>5955403
This is my first time posting about it.

I missed out on Combiners and just started my titans Return collection with Skull Smasher and Alpha Trion. I saw Galvatron and i've been willing to give him a shot but seeing it in person it's just so ugly.
>>
>>5955340
Dang. I might get that. I actually really like that mold and the colors look great.

>>5955348
Also nice.

>>5955354
>>5955356
The tiny guys are fun.
>>
>>5955345
That's up in arms?
>>
>>5955283
He'd also work with some remolding as Energon/Superlink Megatron.
>>
>>5955274
>could of
>>
File: CuK2nuAUIAQMZ5i.jpg (118KB, 814x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CuK2nuAUIAQMZ5i.jpg
118KB, 814x1200px
>>5955394
The RotF leader mold is the best but it really comes down to paint.
I've got Buster and it's my favorite version due to the pinstriping on the flames.
>>
>>5955401
>Why was he a Titan Master?
Its a whole toyline gimmick, cannot be avoided.
>He'd be great if he were just a normal Transformer.
He's already just fine apart from lack of options for posing his dildo cannon and the look of the head
>And if he has to be then why the stupid fucking mask thing?
Because making the head galvatron accurate would make it too large to fit into the titan master cockpits, it also adds size to a standardized headshape.
>will we at least get a non Titan Master version later?
Wait for a masterpiece like I am, I have both generations and this, I will now wait until they release a leader.

Honestly if the face was more flush with the mask and the hasbro face painted it would of been better

>>5955403
Anon we all bitched about it and now no one hardly talks about him, I almost skipped it but now I opted to keep him for his glorious cannon mode, when an mp comes though into the trash he goes.
>>
>>5955412
God damn it. I really want Megatronia but don't feel like shelling out all the money for that set. Ugh.
>>
>>5955327
I'm really hoping the full cockpit can detach and form a shield like on the original.
>>
>>5955297
>>5955326
>>5955351
Damn I'm jelly. It looks so good but I'm still going to wait for Takara to see if they give him proper weapons and the Rook mold for Drillhorn.

Can you post more pictures of him?
>>
>>5955454

Asked in the old thread.
>>
>>5955458
Well, seeing as how all the molds are retooled or redeco'd its possible, they could just give perceptor a mouthplated head and off they go, decepticon.

>ehobby toy
>resonable price

Haha indeed!
>>
>>5955458
E-Hobby will probably do one
>>
File: test.jpg (71KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
71KB, 540x720px
Jeffery Prime everybody.

Yeah...jesus to think I nearly bought this
>>
File: jeffery maximus.jpg (46KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
jeffery maximus.jpg
46KB, 720x540px
>>5955465
Could of been worse, could of bought several
>>
File: shocku.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shocku.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
>>5955465
>Jeffery Prime
>Jeffery
Why?Why use a human name?
>>
>>5955472
It's the Toys R Us Giraffe mascot's name

Which incidentally I'm 99% certain that it's spelled Geoffrey
>>
File: shock and awe.gif (389KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
shock and awe.gif
389KB, 300x230px
>>5955472
Its the giraffe's name, as in the tru mascot, didn't you know this?
>>
>>5955473
Wikipedia/google agree with you 100%, I assume its japanese engrish.
>>
File: 1469445573-k8.jpg (113KB, 634x507px) Image search: [Google]
1469445573-k8.jpg
113KB, 634x507px
>>5955465
>>5955467
>Jeffery
maybe the meant Giraffe.

that doesn't add up. what the fuck is Jeffery
>>
>>5955478
see
>>5955473
>>5955474

Its also why its Geoffery, its pretty much Giraffe
>>
>>5955478

Google Geoffrey Giraffe and you will see why it makes sense.
>>
File: death to all sentient beings.jpg (185KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
death to all sentient beings.jpg
185KB, 1200x500px
>>5955478
I wish that chair broke
>>
File: help us.jpg (56KB, 409x476px) Image search: [Google]
help us.jpg
56KB, 409x476px
>have alpha trion
>he's om but sits in space cruiser mode all day
>see lio convoy
>know its a head only retool with only a simple (for the mold) redeco
>want it even though it doesn't evoke lio convoy

HELP
>>
File: killme.png (61KB, 677x568px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
61KB, 677x568px
>>5955474
>>5955473
I never knew that giraffe's name was Geoffrey or Jeffrey, i rarely go visit tru.
>>
>>5955487
>HELP U2
I would but they're so cancerous I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole
>>
File: tfw autobots fall so easily.jpg (91KB, 900x670px) Image search: [Google]
tfw autobots fall so easily.jpg
91KB, 900x670px
>>5955488
Most people only know the mascot is a giraffe, not the name of said giraffe

Now I'm curious, I'm gonna ask tru staff if they even know his name
>>
File: kek croc.jpg (44KB, 879x440px) Image search: [Google]
kek croc.jpg
44KB, 879x440px
>>5955491
>>
File: liokaiser CW.jpg (246KB, 729x799px) Image search: [Google]
liokaiser CW.jpg
246KB, 729x799px
>>5955451
Not the guy you're responding to, but I got my Lio Kaiser earlier this week and have no complaints with Dezsaurus' stability. His ratchets are really tight. I didn't bother with the Sky Lynx figure because of the shitty gestalt thigh ratchets everyone was talking about. But with Dezsaurus, Hasbro apparently fixed the issue.

My only real complaints are how loose the joints are for the limb bots. Hellbat especially has loose elbows, hips and knees to the point where I have to be REALLY careful how I pose him or he'll collapse under his own weight. The other limb bots aren't THAT loose though. Dezsaurus is all around tight, aside from his back "feet" or whatever they are.

The combined mode really shines for this guy though, and I actually find myself REALLY liking the Drillhorn remolded tank mold (I bought UW Computron instead of CW Computron, so this is my first experience with Hasbro's drilltank). Honestly, I think Hasbro's drill tank works better for Drillhorn as opposed to the UW Nosecone mold, but that's just me.
>>
>>5955480
but why Giraffe?

they're 2nd most dangerous animal on earth after Hippos
>>
>>5955508
Does it still have the brawl waist issues?
>>
File: YOUUUUNG WARRIOR.jpg (16KB, 236x343px) Image search: [Google]
YOUUUUNG WARRIOR.jpg
16KB, 236x343px
>>5955510
To stop shop lifters
>>
File: heroyuki.jpg (32KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
heroyuki.jpg
32KB, 450x450px
>>5955510
>they're 2nd most dangerous animal on earth after Hippos
Elaborate?
>>
>>5955508
Those PE add-on parts look as great as ever.
Have we heard about 3P add-on weapons for him yet?
>>
File: Liokaiser CW2.jpg (237KB, 1070x634px) Image search: [Google]
Liokaiser CW2.jpg
237KB, 1070x634px
>>5955511
Yea, as loose as the limb figures' elbows, knees, and hips are, both Brawl molds have EXTREMELY tight locking waists. I have CW Brawl and the G2 repaint, and both of their waists are so so at best. But Drillhorn and Ironbison both lock in and don't come loose unless you violently shake them.

>>5955524
Haven't heard anything about it. The PE add-ons that I have on my Lio Kaiser are the KO ones though, since that style of foot/hand hasn't been done in black officially yet.

Also, going to add that despite the fact that the joints are loose, it IS possible to get the limb bots into decent looking poses while holding weapons (well, except Hellbat. Mine's left elbow is basically useless).
>>
Which TF line has a balance between cute and fun?
>>
>>5955558
Cute isn't really a thing outside of lines aimed at very small children.
>>
File: QTransformers_Convoy.jpg (92KB, 764x347px) Image search: [Google]
QTransformers_Convoy.jpg
92KB, 764x347px
>>5955558
>>5955570
ahem.
>>
>>5955558
Not exactly cute, but the current RID line is fairly cute, with animal like Decepticons and generally smiling and happy looking Autobots. But for actually meant to look cute kind of TFs you'll probably be looking at Rescue Bots. They're quite fun as well.
>>
File: TakaraTomy Q-Transformers.jpg (78KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
TakaraTomy Q-Transformers.jpg
78KB, 1136x640px
>>5955558
>>
File: SentinelPrime-G1.jpg (84KB, 303x601px) Image search: [Google]
SentinelPrime-G1.jpg
84KB, 303x601px
>>5955256
Now I'm wondering if Takara will release Sentinel Prime but in cartoon deco with a different head.
>>
>>5955584
Use the black shadow mold but retool the jet into a car and make some oc head we westerners will complain about because its a sculpted head.

I'm not John Warden or a takara designer but this totally works
>>
File: 20161008_005330.jpg (82KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_005330.jpg
82KB, 864x1152px
>>5955451
Do you like tanks?
>>
Just got Takara Legends Blaster - awesome figure, terrible QC. His left arm swivel is extremely loose along with his right ankle tilt. His legs also never line up symmetrical so he is tilting and falling whenever I try to pose him neutrally. He's a gorgeous figure and has the perfect look, but these tolerance issues are disappointing, had the same problems with my UW Computron. Luckily Legends Blurr didn't have any issues.
>>
File: 20161007_125639_resized.jpg (701KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_125639_resized.jpg
701KB, 2064x1161px
>>5955570
>>5955574
Seconded. The seeker mold is easily the best, fucking adorable in both modes. After I got him, I carried him around in my pocket for like a week. Trueno Jazz is my second fav, just because of all his paint apps. He's like a chibi-MP.
>>
>>5955601
Do you have Brawl or Rook and his moldmates? We need to make this HFG stack as high as it can get.
>>
>>5955602
>had the same problems with my UW Computron
What issues did you have here? I've not had any (yet). Is there stuff I should look out for? I especially don't trust the red plastic on Afterburner.
>>
>>5955602
Your computron was bad? I thought most people said the QC was great on it
>>
>>5955322
This is great news for me. Will probably get Leader OP + Ratchet and Ironhide. Always wanted them
>>
>>5955465
His name is spelled Geoffrey Gg Takara
>>
>>5955296

I could see there still being a slight remolding on the robot parts, which wouldnt be seen in tank mode
>>
>>5955315
>you have to pick one

No.
>>
File: No Taiga.png (228KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
No Taiga.png
228KB, 500x333px
>>5955315
>you have to pick one
>>
File: Wow youre an idiot.gif (2MB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
Wow youre an idiot.gif
2MB, 350x260px
>>5955472
>>
So, is GPS still a thing?
>>
>>5955682
Not since Beast Wars, fortunately
>>
>>5955682
Gold Plastic Syndrome is a bit of a long-term issue. Whether or not G2 Quickslinger will survive won't be certain until after a few years.
>>
>>5955682
Well in the literal sense yeah they can still achieve metal effects on plastic by adding additives that greatly reduce the structural longevity of plastic.

But in the modern toy sense, no not really any toy maker worth their salt knows that various additives or colors can significantly weaken the plastic.

It can still happen though and not just for gold or metallic effects. I remember Bionicles used a shade of lime green for parts in one of their lines that basically explodes if you look at it nowadays
>>
>>5955283

It's fine but I might just stick with the Generations one from 2011.

don't care about scale really.
>>
>>5955584
probably not, because that robot wasnt meant to be sentinel prime, he was just retconned as sentinel recently via ask vector prime
>>
>>5955685
>>5955694
Hm. Cuz I saw that new RiD Scorponok in stores, but I also noticed his head (among other parts) have that shiny, GPS-esque gloss to it.
>>
>>5955682
>>5955685
actually the latest toys that suffered from GPS were protoform starscream, armada leader prime, and universe 2008 repugnus, so it still maybe a thing. maybe we can only find out a few years later.

but you never know, i mean BWII Galvatron has gold plastic, but there have been no reports of galvs breaking
>>
File: c'mon jeffrey.jpg (56KB, 397x196px) Image search: [Google]
c'mon jeffrey.jpg
56KB, 397x196px
>>5955465
>>
>>5955584

If only.
>>
>>5955704
>protoform starscream
Must not be widespread. Mine is still whole last I checked. Hadn't even heard anything about him having issues.
>>
>>5955733
It's not really widespread and only really affects typical fracture points for any plastic like a few hinge joints.

If don't roughhouse him he won't break.
>>
>>5955616
>>5955617
A lot of joint tolerance issues. Just very weak and loose in a lot of places or incredibly tight to the point of stressing the plastic. Strafe and Afterburner have no issues. Nosecone feels like hes going to snap apart from stress with how tight his joints are. Lightspeed is floppy and Scattershot just doesn't lock into place anywhere he's supposed to. In combined mode though all the issues are ignorable though. Only the chest splitting apart is a problem.
>>
>>5955704
>armada leader prime

Not really, it has gold plastic but I have never seen any have GPS and I usually see them beaten up hard on sale during toy shows.
>>
>>5955755
My only issue with UW Compy that I've had so far is Strafe's feet coming apart somewhat easily in combiner mode but it isn't much of an issue.

His QC seems to be a total luck of the draw
>>
File: Powermaster - Overlord - Robot.jpg (797KB, 1200x1690px) Image search: [Google]
Powermaster - Overlord - Robot.jpg
797KB, 1200x1690px
>>5955636
Let's compare.
>>
File: Leader - Skyshadow - Robot.jpg (105KB, 1042x833px) Image search: [Google]
Leader - Skyshadow - Robot.jpg
105KB, 1042x833px
>>5955803
>>
File: 2016-10-07-142426.jpg (41KB, 351x485px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-07-142426.jpg
41KB, 351x485px
>Legends Brawn gets announced just 2 days before tm Brawn arrives.

welp, looks like I'll have 2 new Brawns.
>>
File: Trypticomparison.jpg (189KB, 600x809px) Image search: [Google]
Trypticomparison.jpg
189KB, 600x809px
>>
>>5955803
Pull up a pic of IDW Overlord too. They're definitely gonna go for a bit of his design elements.
>>
>>5955804
Shoulders, chest, and jet nose are the things they'll most likely remold. They could probably get away with the same chest, but that's a very Black Shadow chest so a new one seems likely. Give those legs blue shins and they'd be very Overlord-y. Maybe new feet?
>>
>>5955825
that is about the same height as Metroplex.
>>
>>5955825
How tall would titan Metroplex be if we used his leg and assumed G1 proportions.
>>
>>5955837

...Good point, well made.

>>5955836

Seems about right, especially given Trypticon's different body proportions.

What do we think? After this, Scorponok?
>>
File: overlordcomp.jpg (424KB, 2178x954px) Image search: [Google]
overlordcomp.jpg
424KB, 2178x954px
>>5955829
Looks like the crotch and legs will be the same.
>>
>>5955855

I wonder what provoked the change in IDW''s shoulder design?
>>
>>5955825
I sort of expected them to remove those inner foot supports for the TR version but I guess those are iconic enough even if they aren't doing the walking ginmick.
>>
>>5955881
He'll need them to walk.
>>
>>5955758

The arms on mine straight up cracked out of nowhere last year.
>>
>>5955884

Why does the idea of a walking feature ontop of articulated legs appeal to me so much?
>>
>>5955878
They didn't, its just the an exageration of the anime design, it already had extra flare.
>>
File: bothrm.jpg (1MB, 1200x997px) Image search: [Google]
bothrm.jpg
1MB, 1200x997px
Anyone have a tf they love that everyone else seems to hate?

> Beefy proportions.
> No gimmick.
> Neat transforming pinstripe.
> Convincing weapon.
> Hatch bits turn into little bee wings.
> No way he's ever falling over.
> Adidas.
> Transformation is clever and fun.

Animated line as a whole is underrated but BB really feels like they started with a vinyl toy and still managed to carry over a lot of really well executed exaggerations in the mold. Was pretty surprised to find people hate him and can't pose him for shit.
>>
>>5955907
It might be because as a character he is a little shit.
I like him for that though compared to the bland personalities of the other recent Bumblebees.
>>
>>5955907
With a new head I reckon this mold would make a pretty kawaii fembot.
>>
>>5955846
Considering that Trypticon was voted for between him, Scorponock, and Omega Supreme, I'd say he's coming soon.
>>
>>5955890

...Is he going to have the walking feature? Because I really, really doubt that.

>>5955903

...Those are his chest flaps.

>>5955919

...Bumblebee would have made a pretty shoe-in female character from the start.

But Budianski didn't believe in the sexual divide.
>>
>>5955915

I avoided the show so it never violated my headcanon. I had a hard time believing he was a reworked Hotshot design because there's a fair amount of homages packed in right down to the little stinger weapons. If his face was more friendly with smaller eyes he'd invoke the g1 character more though.
>>
>>5955930
I hope there's no walking feature because I know they're going to cut something else to fit it in. Maybe the little clear plastic flaps are just for stability or as a g1 toy referencee
>>
>>5955934
The rework was pretty extreme from that state of being Hot Shot. Like at that point the team medic was a dainty girl and Prowl was not a lanky ninja.
>>
File: 1475870371115.jpg (203KB, 1020x779px) Image search: [Google]
1475870371115.jpg
203KB, 1020x779px
>>5955930
>Those are his chest flaps
What?.
>>
>>5955962
It's obvious what he meant.
>>
>>5955930
>>5955967
Well shit, I forgot the chest opened for the GM, my bad.
>>
Forget Overlord, what about the true OG!?
>>
>>5955467
>>5955627
^ upvoted
>>
>>5955907
I love the Hydrodive version.
>>
>>5955988
fused into Liokaiser
>>
File: camaro_bb_50th-flipper_image_4.jpg (4MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
camaro_bb_50th-flipper_image_4.jpg
4MB, 3000x1688px
>>5955478
That reminds me, finally found out what happened to the expensive ass Camaro they built to be Bumblebee in the first two movies. Been sitting in a GM storage facility it seems.
>>
>>5955988
Theres the kaiju altmode in cw Liokaiser and he was listed as a leader class in one of the last leaks.
>>
So I picked up a bunch of transformers from the local thrift shop, and I have absolutely no idea what they are but ill upload some pics if you guys want. A bunch of 80's stuff I think
>>
>>5956033
You can always use tfu.info if no one responds, http://tfu.info/ID/index.htm
>>
>>5955348
Why is this the only HA getting reissued? an HA Jazz reissue with a full on paint job would be great.
>>
>>5955704
>universe 2008 repugnus
The Buzzclaw mold? It fucking has gold plastic anywhere?

I've heard of Protoform Starscream having some kind of GPS issue, but that's it. The Repugnus and Armada Prime shit is news to me.
>>
>>5956033

thanks! It turns out i have way more shit than I thought, A ton of like 2-4 inch 80-84 bandai transformers but not worried about that right now, I do have this one big fucker who im trying to get out of his jet form so i can take some pics but damn these toys were complex
>>
>>5956041
>>5956097

fucked up and replied to myself and im not even drunk yet
>>
File: DSC_0004.jpg (176KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0004.jpg
176KB, 2304x1536px
>>5956033

So this shit took me longer than I admit to get in robot form
>>
File: Cybertron_Repugnus_toy.jpg (52KB, 669x328px) Image search: [Google]
Cybertron_Repugnus_toy.jpg
52KB, 669x328px
>>5956074
buzzclaw? its an undermine repaint
>>
File: DSC_0006.jpg (167KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0006.jpg
167KB, 2304x1536px
>>5956151

and i can't get him back panel thing closed which i assume his backpack thing closes up?
>>
>>5956151
you're bullshitting me, you did not gind G1 Jetfire at a thrift. that is stupendous shit right there, its in good condition too
>>
File: DSC_0007.jpg (181KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0007.jpg
181KB, 2304x1536px
>>5956153

Final pic of the big guy, I know he's beat up but I like him, and hey he was 99 cents
>>
File: DSC_0008.jpg (284KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0008.jpg
284KB, 2304x1536px
>>5956157

Here's a quick pic of the next few largest ones, I didnt even try to shift any of them because I don't know what I'm doing and don't wanna break any. I'm pissed the tank is missing its cannon
>>
>>5956157
>hey he was 99 cents
i find a hard time believing this. this nigger goes for like 200+ dollars on aftermarket
>>
File: DSC_0009.jpg (161KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0009.jpg
161KB, 2304x1536px
>>5956162

This guys shoulder cannon is actually like a small telescope.

Overall probably 50ish of the small car ones but I don't have time tonight to go through em. Most are 79-84 bandai it seems
>>
>>5956164

Why lie? he was .99 and the other ones were all in about gallon sized bags and were $3 or $4 per bag, ended up paying $19 for the lot but figured it was worth that much at least. sometime tomorrow ill try to get pics of the whole thing
>>
>>5956164
I've gotten Super Nintendo systems for 10 bucks at a thrift shop. It's all about location. Avoid goodwill, too.
>>
>>5956173
its an obscenely good deal at the condition he's at. even tho he doesnt have any accessories.

if you went to buy this just guy's accessories on ebay, it could easily run you about 50 bucks
>>
>>5956175
tru enough, but this is like finding Earthbound for 10 bucks, its really rare
>>
>>5956167
that's perceptor, the microscope motherfucker who is also a tank. he's getting a new toy later
>>
>>5956164

A few months back I saw some guy post about finding a forgotten christmas gift in their parents garage.

Fucking mint/near mint in box Jetfire, still had the goddamn recepit in the bag for it when it was bought. Couldn't believe that shit.
>>
>>5956177

Nice I figured when i saw the age and the Bandai that it was probably worth something. I'll def research how to safely clean him up a bit.

I also plan on taking an albums worth of the rest of them if you guys have interest. It was literally about 60% transformers and 40% hot wheels / matchbox. about 6 gallon bag fulls
>>
Are there any figures that scale 1:1 with Titan masters? I want little people.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 300x256px
>>5956186
They're about 42mm tall.
>>
So none of the CHUG Optimus figures are doing it for me, but obviously I need an Optimus to lead my CHUG figures.

Does the Masterpiece scale at all with them? I have Masterpiece Soundwave and he doesn't stick out too much among CHUG figures.

What about third party? Is there a good Leader/Voyager Optimus that won't break the bank?
>>
>>5956189
There's the classics one of course. And there's a downsized-to-voyager knockoff of the masterpiece which looks pretty cool.
>>
>>5956189

Take a look at Maketoys Striker Manus. He's around Voyager sized I think.
>>
>>5956190
I just worry about him being too small next to leaders like Blaster.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 325x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 325x400px
>>5956189
>Is there a good Leader/Voyager Optimus that won't break the bank

striker manus? he's voyager and he's only 70 bucks. he's unanimously praised, but your mileage may vary on the truck mode
>>
>>5956178
I found Link to the Past and a sealed copy of the second run of NES Zelda for $4 each, it happens
>>
>>5956201
He's 19.5cm / 7.67in tall apparently. How tall is Blaster?
>>
>>5956207

Leaders are around 9" roughly.
>>
>>5956187
Is this true?
>>
>>5956206

holy shit were both sealed? A sealed LTTP would be money
>>
File: 20160930_111139_zpsj7lmqz2q.jpg (243KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_111139_zpsj7lmqz2q.jpg
243KB, 1024x614px
>>5956207
Here he is with some other guys.
>>
What is this Bandai meme?
>>
>>5956217
Just the NES Zelda. And it's the second run (NES classics series) so it probably isn't as valuable, but it's more of a neat collection piece. LttP was loose, but great condition
>>
>>5955408
this I want to see
>>
>>5955260
Why the he'll do they all look like they have downs
>>
>>5956201
Blaster isn't even meant to be a leader class. He's voyager at largest
>>
>>5956074
The dino head is all gold plastic.
>>
Is it true the line is called Titans Return because you have to keep returning them to the store until you get a not shit one?
>>
>>5956342 (You)
>>
>>5956342
Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>5956221
How is he? he looked floppy as shit from a review I've seen, but maybe that was just his.
>>
>>5955256
TAKARA
WINS
AGAIN
>>
>>5956386
(You)
(You)
(You)
>>
>>5956417

Devastator is not that noticeably different. Some of the members are, but Devastator himself is not. If you get yours to be Devastatore and that's it, you're not losing out on much at all.

Computron has so many differences that it's really not fair to compare the two. I actually like using pieces from both

Blurr.....omg yes.. Takara's blurr is streets ahead. WTF was hasbro thinking?
>>
>>5956424
>takara blurr
lol
>>
>>5956424
While I like some of the Hasbro colors better, their Computron just doesn't seem worth it. Not a single new mold, barely any retools, Takara's team being overall better representations (and most of them got notable changes), one guy doesn't have any hand held weapons, etc...

The only major plus are those dedicated hands and feet, and the fact that he's cheaper.
>>
>>5956424
>WTF was hasbro thinking?
Toy deco, that's what, if you notice, all the hasbro deluxes are based on the og toys, not the animation models.
>>
File: j1fKBY7.gif (1MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
j1fKBY7.gif
1MB, 360x240px
>>5956424
>streets ahead
>>
>>5956441
>Toy deco, that's what,

It doesn't even look like the original toy because they fucked up the color of the blue plastic and they ended up making it too dark.
>>
>>5956221
Wow, he scales perfectly imo.
>>
>>5956370
Dunno. Don't have him. I just found that picture. Probably hit or miss since it's a KO.
>>
>>5956167
Bandai? Transformers are made by their competitor, Hasbro.

Can you take closeup shots of the company markings?
>>
>>5956189
>Is there a good Leader/Voyager Optimus that won't break the bank?

Besides >>5956204, >>5956207, TW Orion, there is also the SND Primo Vitalis Upgrade for CW Optimus.
>>
>>5955907
I want to like it but mine always falls apart when I try to transform it. And it's also not quite as clean looking in robot mode or in transformation compared to most of the animated line.

In my case, I'd probably have to say Generations Blitzwing. The shoulders are an easy fix, and all he needs is a better head in my eyes.
>>
While this isn't exactly and explanation, a club story may have discreetly told us what some of the original plans for Computron where.

Apparently, they'd use the Rook with new head, and Afterburner would be using the legends Groove mold. This apparently explains WHY he has that peg on his legs, he's meant to combine with the rook mold in a similar fashion to Strafe and Scrounge.
>>
File: Rook4.jpg (978KB, 1552x953px) Image search: [Google]
Rook4.jpg
978KB, 1552x953px
>>5956493
>>
>>5956502
In arm mode, but pretty much that.
>>
File: Rook5.jpg (943KB, 1277x995px) Image search: [Google]
Rook5.jpg
943KB, 1277x995px
>>5956507

Surprise ninja kicks from your shield buddy sounds like a good deal in all honesty.
>>
>>5956493
>Club Toxitron was meant to be Nemesis Prime

That explains so much.
>>
>>5956477
>takara scourge and blurr
>good
top leliel
>>
>>5956189
It had its flaws, but I've always liked DOTM voyager Optimus
>>
>>5956557
>CHUG
>>
>>5956207
Is this to scale with Diaclone and MP F-15 Starscream?
>>
>>5956539
>hasbro scourge and blurr
>good
top cuckek
>>
>>5956602
>hastak scourge and blurr
>good
t3P kek
>>
>>5956602
>muh paint
>oops scratches are fine
Top cucked
>>5956616
>>>/toy/turd party
>>
>>5956183
Hehe, sniper rifle with a carseat.
>>
>>5956162
http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_db.php?mode=instructions
If you figure out who they are, this is an excellent reference site.
>>
>>5956204
>current year
>being a turdeater
>>
>>5956178

It's not rare it's just not very common. The big ass box bundle is rare.
>>
>Want to take pics of my Scourge's
>Horrible lighting in my house, so the pictures look awful
>>
>>5956628
>hamhanding your figures enough to scratch them

lmao
>>
File: zboamSl[1].jpg (100KB, 885x711px) Image search: [Google]
zboamSl[1].jpg
100KB, 885x711px
>>5956661
i'll post for you anon.
>>
File: 1458645001-2016atf04.jpg (262KB, 1200x857px) Image search: [Google]
1458645001-2016atf04.jpg
262KB, 1200x857px
Find a flaw.
>>
>>5956713
the hole on one of the wing hinges is loose as your mum's pussy and the sticking a gun to it will make the gun droop like your dad's flaccid cock
>>
File: 1473492469-a1[1].jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473492469-a1[1].jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>5956713
It isn't this.
>>
>>5956713
it's a damn good mold for astrotrain, hell of a lot better than cheeto prime.
>>
>>5956712
Sweet, I still need one Takara Scourge to lead my 7 Hasbro Scourges.
>>
>>5956712
I kinda wish you hadn't.
>>
>>5956713
The legs are a paint chip nightmare. Unrelated to that, mine came with tons of paint chipping on the face.
>>
>>5956718
Black Astrotrian looks like shit. He always has.

White and Purple or nothing.
>>
>>5956713
You can't stably use the train ends as feet and none of the cockpit windows are painted. Also, on the Trump version, you have to 180 the titanmaster's head before before Head On otherwise you have to pull really hard to remove him later (I don't know if this a problem on Astrotrain)
>>
>>5956733
>(I don't know if this a problem on Astrotrain)

It is. Honestly thought the head might break off in the socket when I first opened him.
>>
>>5956713
>unpainted train wheels
>unpainted ship windows
>action figure stand peg hole on the back of the waist doesn't work because it is split between the two halves of the waist

Want me to continue?
>>
>>5956713
Hands need a pry tool to get back out if stowed. Fortunately you don't actually need to stow them to make any of the modes work.
>>
File: 20161008_014036_resized.jpg (518KB, 1161x2064px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_014036_resized.jpg
518KB, 1161x2064px
I never watched the animu. Did the Headmasters ever actually take advantage of switching heads? I really like the idea of a Transformer being able to alter their attributes and abilities like that, like Hardhead switching over to Clobber if he ever needed to go full berserker or something.
>>
>>5956749
Yes, many times. Watch the headmasters anime. Happens every few episodes (it's also really fun to watch).
>>
>>5956712
Top cancer
>>
>>5956709
It's not me who's scratching my toys, it's the people who buy shitty overpainted Takara garbage.
>>
File: 2016-10-07-190039.jpg (229KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-07-190039.jpg
229KB, 640x360px
>>5956749
Yep, it was called "cross head on" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD98NxHQ4og
>>
>>5956767
>that hardhead facesculpt
J U S T
>>
>>5956769
>that shitposting
J U S T
>>
>>5956769
Mouthplate head is in the canon to switch in battle/action poses.
>>
>>5956767
So in the Japanese continuity, Headmasters are the consciousness and the robot bodies are just like giant mechs they pilot?
>>
>>5956785

Pretty much. It's kind of generic honestly. I prefer the US continuity where it's basically two minds working to one end.
>>
>>5956793
Yeah, I always thought that was the major appeal of it. Them Japs love their piloted mechs, though.
>>
>>5956797

I don't mind piloted mechs. I love mecha series. But turning TF's into generic mecha is a bit boring to me.
>>
>>5956785
Yep, it's more derivative mecha shite.

Nebulans are also fucking awful too but that's another story for another time.
>>
>>5956767
That fucking flying double kick into Galvatron's back tho.
>>
>>5956785
Yes, they are a "race" of tiny cybertronians that left cybertron when the war started and had to build mechsuits to adapt on their new planet.

>>5956799
>>5956798
>>5956797
Weird you say that, the nebulans are clearly mech pilots with full cockpits, I preffer the single minded characters to focus on.
>>
>>5956799
>Nebulans are also fucking awful too but that's another story for another time.

I don't think it's a bad concept. If they expanded it a bit it'd probably work well.

Maybe just make them a race that innately bonds with machinery on a physical/mental level (probably some comic book-ey term for this can be thrown in) and can work well in conjunction with it as a result. A few crazier 'bots wanting a power boost end up going for the process, but it leaves them with an alien meaty core in their skulls.
>>
>>5956809
So you want a bunch of Max Steels fused with their budy robots?
>>
File: headmaster.jpg (14KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
headmaster.jpg
14KB, 250x188px
>>5956809

Old man aliens are also boring looking. What a gross fit for transformers.
>>
>>5956812

Dunno who that is.

>>5956814

Get based Sakamoto (whatever his name is) to redraw them all as cute girls.
>>
>>5956809
I'm still surprised it's been so long and none of the IDW books have gone back to Nebulos this whole time since Thunderwing did a drive-by on it
>>
When is Bisk supposed to come out?
>>
>>5956835
It's already out in some parts of US.
>>
>>5956835
>Haven't even seen Quillfire, Skorponok, or Fracture waves
>storest not carrying Titan Masters
>bisk already out

hasbro y u do dis
>>
>>5956860
Blame your shitty store, not Hasbro
>>
File: Tonka Van.jpg (49KB, 736x452px) Image search: [Google]
Tonka Van.jpg
49KB, 736x452px
>>5956865
>doesn't know that Hasbro has a stock rep for every single store in America, complete with Hasbro branded delivery trucks that work in conjunction with UPS to get everything delivered to 19,429 cities in America
Hasbro is too cheapeass to update their vans in 30 years though, so they spend more time on the side of the road than putting stock inside stores.
>>
>>5956424
>but Devastator himself is not
Did you miss the fact he has ratcheted arms in the takara version and the face swap gimmick, otherwise the small paint app differences are meh, even the fist color isn't that big a deal even though it bothered me personally.

>Computron has so many differences that it's really not fair to compare the two. I actually like using pieces from both
Can't argue with this
>Blurr.....omg yes.. Takara's blurr is streets ahead. WTF was hasbro thinking?
Streets...wut?

But seriously, he just needed some paint variations, even some random silver bits could of helped, its embarrassing when the titan master is more varied than the damn body, and I can't help but feel that if I had no choice but hasbro blurr he'd be in vehicle mode for his entire life.
>>
>>5956712
Jesus christ even I won't go that far, just 2 hasbro and one takara was more than enough, let alone takara's galvatron.

I'm usually all aboard that TAKARA WINS AGAIN bs but not this time
>>
>>5956732
But that ain't black, its grey, a darker grey.

If you're trying to make it a racial stereo type least call it asian jesus

Also I assume you're going with nothing, hasbro's is a light grey :^)
>>
>>5956798
In transformers animated head master cuts off their heads and takes control. Wouldn't that make all transformers piloted mechs? Or did IDW do some sillly DNA bullshit about the soul and mind and how both are reliant on each other and that its not modular in any way.
>>
>>5956187

I got 3.7 cm for Fracas.
>>
>>5956938

Nope. Your spark dies without your body, but you can swap sparks between bodies and back. 'Empurata' involves removing your head. Titan Masters have been shown to freely steal bodies from other Transformers. Hunter was transformed into a Headmaster for Sunstreaker and they both survived the procedure.
>>
>>5956938
IDW did the stupid mecha thing once for humans and twice for transformers. Humans get more derivative transtector shite. First instance for transformers was an ancient race of cybertronian with metal bodies and biological heads. Second instance was mecha shite except that the headmasters rarely if ever reveal their true form.
>>
File: AHM7_SunstreakerProtestsTooMuch.jpg (118KB, 768x852px) Image search: [Google]
AHM7_SunstreakerProtestsTooMuch.jpg
118KB, 768x852px
>>5956938
There was some flashbacks that had Galvatron killing a headmaster that was two robots partnering up and REAL early on in the IDW comics Scorponok was working on headmaster tech with Zarak (before he died) and a human on earth. It seemed like some cybertronians considered it to be an abomination but it hasn't been touched on much.
>>
>>5956958
>>5956961
Let me get this straight. A robot would not be modular or design itself in a way so thst its mind cam transfer from one body do another. Wee, thanks for the hesds up. I will definitely avoid the comics if they do this bullshit out dated system is important and not allowing easy transferring like its a modular system like a computer. Shit, even RiD does the head swapping a bit.
>>
>>5956965
Let me get this straight. A fictional race of robots created as slave by tentacle multifaced robots consider their bodies to be sacred and not easily built like how grimlock built the technobots from spare parts. Hmm...
>>
>>5956962
>(You)

>(You)
>>
>>5956966
>>5956968
What the fuck are you even going on about?
>>
>>5956966
It's possible. There's a scene where Optimus Prime downloaded his mind into his trailer to fool Megatron into thinking he killed his body but doing so almost killed him for real. Alpha Trion also did some weird bullshit once where he managed to transfer Ironhide's spark into a new body when Ironhide died on Earth but it was fucking dumb.
>>
>>5956976
Robots are not a closed system. The fact that they transformer and reformat is definitive proof they are capable of more than what IDW says and their backwards western fantasy comic standards.
>>
File: 1474471589-tf-op-2-cvra.jpg (309KB, 700x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1474471589-tf-op-2-cvra.jpg
309KB, 700x1061px
>>5956968
That's only been firmly established in the old G1 cartoon (if they were even telling the truth). Just about any other piece of Transformers fiction with Quintessons in it hasn't really gotten into that. I think there's only been one Quint appearance in IDW so far but there's a solicitation that implies they might be showing up finally.
>>
>>5956978
Data. Do you mean memories? Would you be comfortable if someone scanned your memories and put it in Iron Hide?
>>
>>5955704
The latest one I remember that is 100% guaranteed to die is the star wars crossover with two bots that make one vehicle.
>>
File: photo_2016-10-08_04-51-30.jpg (214KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-10-08_04-51-30.jpg
214KB, 1280x956px
Got these guys the other day. Was planning to sell them all off except for Thrust and maybe Roller but they really started to grow on me. The paint work on this bunch is super nice.

It's also my first time messing with any combiner wars guys. What are some other figures from the line that are worth looking into?
>>
File: 9mevhid.jpg (496KB, 2362x942px) Image search: [Google]
9mevhid.jpg
496KB, 2362x942px
>>5956991
Anything made with the Rook mold
>>
>>5956991
CW Bruticus and Defensor, UW Computron
>>
File: 1465333455959.gif (2MB, 481x419px) Image search: [Google]
1465333455959.gif
2MB, 481x419px
>>5955401
Those fucking arms tho.

Atleast the trans orange dog dick dildo looks good.
>>
>>5956995
Holy shit someone saved my OC. You're nice anon.
>>
/r/ that pic of the hardhead base fanmode
>>
>>5956995
What's the meme here? Is Rook that good? I can't find him for cheap.
>>
File: Untitled.png (878KB, 833x609px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
878KB, 833x609px
>>5957014
>Is Rook that good?
>I can't find him for cheap.
>>
>>5956995
Was anyone else expecting a similar scene like this to happen with Vos? (Vos: Wear my Faaace! Megatron: Wear my fist!) Certainly would have better than the dreck that Roberts gave us.
>>
>>5956991
Put them in that pose with an explosion background and play X Gon Give It to Ya, and it actually looks badass.
>>
>>5956713
Articulation could be better - no ankle tilts, wrist swivels or waist swivel.
>>
>>5956713
Forcibly a headmaster.
>>
>>5956713
The transformation form robot to shuttle is extremely simple and looks like the robot lying down, while all that top mess on the train mode makes it not look like a train.
>>
>>5957048
Came here to say this.
>>
Eyepatch cat-face?
>>
>>5957062
A very out of place reference.
>>
>>5957064
It's not out of place at all.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/White_Leo
>The victorious Autobots provided White Leo with the services of the Monsterbots, should the Decepticons return.
>>
Do Mr. David Willis and his IRC posse come here in these threads?
>>
>>5955412
Buster is the second best version. Striker Optimus is the best because its got the paint job of Buster, but the head has the battle face plate instead of the open face.
>>
>>5957085
By that I mean the Asian Premium Series Striker Optimus. Not Hasbro's version.
>>
>>5957085
Does this use the same mold as Leader Class ROTF prime? Isn't that the best/most complete movie Prime?
>>
File: kkk.jpg (64KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
64KB, 620x387px
>>5957083
>White Leo
>>
>>5957118
Psst, fresh bread!
>>
Is anyone else here a NEET. Sometimes my mom buys me TFs for birthdays and stuff and I'm mostly satisfied with that but I'm too poor for Masterpieces and such. I just don't think I can justify spending like $99 on Masterpiece Beast Convoy when I got a PC for $44 shipped.
>>
File: drunk.png (169KB, 575x446px) Image search: [Google]
drunk.png
169KB, 575x446px
>>5957136
I haven't bought a transformer since DOTM because mom said i am too old for toys.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.