[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MOTU General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (199KB, 1236x821px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 1236x821px
Prayers will be answered edition

What do you think the distribution will be like on these ultimate figures? Will they be easier to get than on MattyCollector?
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 1233x916px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 1233x916px
>>
>>5953550
The only thing that could be worse than Matty is if they were all convention exclusives or some shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1055x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1055x641px
>>
>>5953550
They're almost certainly not going to be on store shelves, but that's a given. If Super7 is cool they'll do standard preorders like what every other manufacturer does and allow places like BBTS to secure some without insane price manipulation.
>>
>>5953554
>ultimate Skeletor
>different heads and cape
>still has dragon feet
damn
>>
>>5953550
Why is He-Man miscolored?
>>
>>5953577
He's basically a robot anti-He-man made by skeletor
>>
>>5953550
And I JUST broke down and bought a lot of these characters on the aftermarket. . .
>>
Here's hoping the QC is good. Looks great though honestly. what's the price point?
>>
File: IMG_4089.jpg (516KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4089.jpg
516KB, 1024x576px
>>5953550
>>
So, are they just reissuing the Matty figures, but including more accessories?
>>
It's kind of hard to want these molds again after Matty released the way better Filmation-style ones. And those are also the ones that most of us failed to get our hands on, as opposed to the old versions that were reissued a few times already, had variants sold at retail at TRU, etc.

So here's hoping they eventually reissue the Filmation molds as well.
>>
>>5954014
Basically. Looks like they are just rallying option parts or new molds used in other figures over the years and placing them into one box. Releasing fan favourites/essentials for their own line. Pretty smart move and wont cost them much to do.
>>
>>5954036
I imagine they'll reissue he filmation figures... After about 10 more waves of other MOTU characters. Not complaining though. Id love a chance at a retail Man E Faces or Beastman
>>
Fisto reissue or
>>
>>5954036
More prefer this style over Filmation looks perhaps? Plus gives people the chance to get the head variants without having to buy the figures they came with originally.

They should change the hands to the ones with wrist joints though.
>>
I wonder if they fixed the loose ankles
>>
>>5954036
This. I have all the original guys. People like me won't be buying these new releases which will skewer their sale results into assuming that the collector market is tiny.

What they need to do is get these into actual stores.
>>
I read that supposedly there will also be another half dozen or so Filmation figures. That's what I'm after. Only thing that affects me here is that I had 2 original Teelas that I'd forgotten about and are now completely worthless.
>>
File: new hat.jpg (26KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
new hat.jpg
26KB, 500x386px
At least we're getting a ram man reissue....
>>
I couldn't give a shit about Filmation heads,the cartoon had pretty shit quality animation. I just want these to be easily obtainable- no Matty Collector "they go on sale at a set time" fake store crap, no subscription required. Make them in quantity so they don't sell out in 10 goddamned minutes, put them on the web shop, and keep them up.

This is why I generally avoid MOTUC, I don't want to have to jump through hoops like a circus animal to buy these things, and I'm sure as shit not dropping a pile of money on a subscription to buy the few figures I do want.

Fucking retail store, fucking Amazon, I don't care. just none of this Matty Collector crap. Matty is not a real store.
>>
>ram man

Missed out before, looks like I'm in it for the re-release.
>>
>>5954531
>. I just want these to be easily obtainable- no Matty Collector "they go on sale at a set time" fake store crap, no subscription required. Make them in quantity so they don't sell out in 10 goddamned minutes, put them on the web shop, and keep them up.

I agree with you. However if you dare to even say something like this on Fakebook or other sites that discuss MOTUC the community will jump down your throat.

The MOTUC fanbase is a whole new level of autism and idiocy.
>>
>>5953572
Right!? At first I was excited, then I was like "Noooooo"
>>
>>5954553
If they could get away with a "pre-order" kinda deal, I'd probably buy into that. Like, open pre-orders for an individual figure, produce to fulfill need plus some extra for sale on release day?
>>
File: Pumpkin Man.jpg (34KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Pumpkin Man.jpg
34KB, 700x467px
>>5954537
Same

Not to crazy about the colors but I'll get over it. Especially if I can get it into my hands without a rape price.
>>
I don't like the cartoon, I like the toy line an history behind it, if they're easy to get and the price is fair, I'm getting he-man and skeletor at the very least.
>>
>>5954537
>order stop
>>
Mattel practically owns he-man.org as I understand it, which is why they won't allow criticism.
>>
>>5953550
They are doing preorders in November.
>>
>>5953572
That is what the vintage toy had.

>>5954079
These will probably never make it to retail. The best Mattel could ever do was the two packs that were at TRU and EE. Stores aren't interested in a niche brand that has 0 visibility on television right now.
>>
>>5954743

Sauce
>>
>>5954740
It's more that Val Staples owns He-man.org and sucked Mattel's dick all the time.
>>
>>5953554
>Clasiscs Ram Man
>>
>>5954757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsrFuL4eA2U&ab_channel=PixelDan
>>
>>5954036

I'd prefer the Filmation ones, but the only MOTUC I bought was Dragon-Man, and Battlecat/He-Man in that combo sale a few years ago. So I'm down for this Skeletor.
>>
File: 1465881505974.gif (59KB, 476x481px) Image search: [Google]
1465881505974.gif
59KB, 476x481px
>>5953554
>never gotten a Skeletor
>always planned to kitbash one with Keldor cape and Alcala Skeletor head from Demo-Man
Well looks like they did all the work for me.
>>
>>5954760
The colorist?
>>
>>5954036
>way better Filmation-style ones
I don't think that's fair to say at all. You might like them more, but I don't think they're objectively better aside from the wrist articulation. The ankles are designed like ass and the more animated aesthetic isn't an improvement, just a change.
>>
how big do ya think Pixel Dan's dong is?
>>
Did mattel say what's going to happen to the all stuff that doesn't sell before Mattycollector closes?
>>
>>5954848
You don't get a wife that ugly with a big cock.
>>
>>5954760
>Val Staples

He's a huge fucking cunt and his website is shit. Most people have figured out that He-Man.org is garbage, which is why a lot of ther MOTU related sites have been popping up in the past year or so.
>>
File: 887961317503-4.jpg (132KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
887961317503-4.jpg
132KB, 525x525px
Someone please explain to me why mass market retailers won't sell MOTU action figures but will sell building blocks of the same characters? This is not a clown question! MOTU is niche (allegedly), and Wal Mart won't buy niche because it won't sell, right? Wouldn't construction bricks of the very same characters be even more niche and even less likely to sell?
>>
>>5954916
Building blocks sell a lot better than action figures.
>>
>>5954927
So why not a Mega Bloks Castle Greyskull and little Mega Blok figures of He Man, Skeletor, etc.?
>>
>>5954916
these are ugly as hell, it's like Mattel made them to be insulting to the fans.
>>
>>5954962

The He-Man is godawful, but I like the Skeletor.
>>
>>5954958

One day

BELIEVE!

or not.
>>
YES GIVE ME THAT FAKER AND FUCK MATTY IN THE FACE.

I may be in for Skeletor as well.

Give these to me for $30, Super7.
>>
>>5954962
Mattel? More like mega cucks
>>
>>5954916
>this is not a clown question!
Chad please go
>>
>>5955110
$30-35 is what I'm expecting, plus shipping. If they're not assholes they'll get rid of the sub service.
>>
>>5954862
Probably just dumped at their retail closeout stores.
>>
>>5955669
Big Lots? Whoever at BL who made that deal should have a corner office and a large breasted secretary by now lol
>>
File: 142677397_7e277f8124_o.jpg (33KB, 437x246px) Image search: [Google]
142677397_7e277f8124_o.jpg
33KB, 437x246px
>>5954916
>>
How do we start the release snake mountain campaign?
>>
>>5959002
Super 7 has sent it to the factory for pricing
>>
>>5955526
Subs are still happening I'm pretty sure
>>
>>5959027
>sent it to factory
China version coming soon?
>>
>>5959027
Holy fuck is this confirmed?? Source?
>>
>>5953550
FUCKEEEEEEEER!!!
>>
So who's going to be part of the great reissue campaign that Super 7 is doing?

Teela, Ram Man (in min-comic colors), He-Man, Skeletor, and Faker have been announced.

Who's left? Fisto is a fucking must do given how many people got fucked over by Mattel with him. Shadow Weaver?
>>
>>5960010
I'm hoping for Man-at-Arms.
>>
>>5960010
I can see Anti-Eternia He-Man getting an ultimate release, with them molding the other He-Man heads in black to match. Basically just like Faker. God knows it is an absolute bitch and a half to try and get AE He-Man, holy fuck.

Roboto would be cool too, especially if they don't use the bullshit plastic Mattel used for the clear parts. A LOT of collectors would be happy about that, because of the massive cracks and breaks.

Kobra Khan would also be up there for me, along with Sorceress. I'd want to see the original blue colors but on the improved body of the TOD release.
>>
>>5959686
http://alternativemindz.com/2016/10/snake-mountain-sent-to-factory-for-pricing/
>>
>>5954594
you should look up the mini-comics, they're great
>>
>>5960010

Not me. I might pick up Teela but everything else I've pretty much managed to get. I'll leave it to the orgers and those who missed the subs to eat up the reissues.
>>
Bumping for updates
>>
>MOTU General
>Nobody posting pictures of their MOTU figs
>>
>>5962856
>points out nobody is posting pictures of their MOTU figs in a MOTU General thread
>doesn't post pictures either
>>
>>5954958
>So why not a Mega Bloks Castle Greyskull and little Mega Blok figures of He Man, Skeletor, etc.?

MB put together a proof of concept using some a few new molds and a lot of repurposed WoW bloks. IIRC it was Toy Fair like two years ago.
>>
>>5962941
Yeah and it looked fucking awesome. Why does MEGABLOKs have the best ideas and never get to actually make them? First starcraft now this. Fucking bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 1242x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 1242x530px
>>5962856
Only recently got into MOTUC. Ready for these re releases
>>
>>5963230
Just need a skeleton since I have He-man already.
>>
File: heyeyeyey.png (379KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
heyeyeyey.png
379KB, 420x420px
>>5963230
I was hoping they'd do a more cartoon accurate Prince Adam at some point.
>>
Looks like I'll start collecting these after all. I'm a fan of MOTU through hand-me-down toys, but wasn't old settled with finances enough to afford the line as it was coming out. I can't stand the old cartoon so the filmation style releases turned me off, but this seems like a great way to jump in..
>>
>>5963230
Wouldn't count on that blue merman. He's pretty obscure as is.
>>
>>5963230
I have about 60 MOTUC and somehow I'm missing Castle Greyskullman. I really should have snagged him when all those stolen ones from china flooded ebay...

>>5963269
Get a resin casting of the Filmation head off ebay and pop it on the easily found Prince Adam body.

>>5963619
Cheap, too. I got mine a few months ago off of Amazon for like $22. Not sure what to do with the Aquaman it came with, though.
>>
>>5963619
I meant the releases shown at NYCC. But yeah I'm guessing he won't get one. I'm hoping for a Leech though
>>
>>5963670
>Get a resin casting of the Filmation head off ebay and pop it on the easily found Prince Adam body.
You'd have to repaint the shirt pink too. The red one there isn't nearly gay enough.
>>
File: 20161013_234440.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_234440.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>5962856

All my motuc.

Waiting until I can complete the Snake Men to open all the sealed ones I have, Trap Jaw's just extra. Want some of the more 'not just a muscle dude in armor' ones like Clawful, Moss Man, Modulok or Roboto (hoping for a reissue)

Really happy about these main guy reissues, though I had no plans to get He-Man or Skeletor before.
>>
>>5967289
That's a solid collection for such a small one. Thought about getting Demo Man ever? I know the Alcala head is coming with the ultimate Skeletor and that drops its allure a little, but it's still easily a top 15 MOTUC release.
>>
>>5967289
Draegoman 10/10 My favorite of the original character designs.
>>
File: IMG_2254[1].jpg (182KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2254[1].jpg
182KB, 816x612px
>>5967507
Agreed. Draego usually joins up in any of My five man squads.
>>
>>5967517
mine has WoW welp plushies to lead into battle.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.