[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Asian Doll Thread: Mr. Dollshe is going insane Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 102

File: 8559603250_471ef8e425_b.jpg (371KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
8559603250_471ef8e425_b.jpg
371KB, 1024x680px
Last thread >>5917008

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>bjdcollecstasy.com
>bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.
>inb4 ELITIST!@!@!!!

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
File: yaoiboiptsd.jpg (146KB, 553x800px) Image search: [Google]
yaoiboiptsd.jpg
146KB, 553x800px
>>5946736
Picking up from last thread:

>Mr. Dollshe continues down the road to insanity.

>/bjd/ discusses how cyclops/other monster girls wear glasses

>We compare and contrast the definition of “average” in the bjd community

>YouTube anon don’t let us down~!

>April Story bodies: do not recommend (per more than one anon)

>We bring back up the BFB expose and how only one anon got “much lulz to be had” (honestly, it was just whatever)

>One anon is trying to make a MiniMachina Abomination (the general consensus is it won’t work), another is trying to mod bigger eyes on a FL sculpt

>Awkward shit from Pintsizedpalace and Kayke

>Faceup anons share their shop rules and a couple of customer horror stories, advice to not be a bad customer

>Opinions on favorite dolls owned by different owners being reshelled or looking worse.

>Soom/Miyadoll dramu
>>
File: DSCF5953.jpg (271KB, 588x881px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5953.jpg
271KB, 588x881px
here, hold this for me.
>>
File: DSCF5954.jpg (171KB, 588x881px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5954.jpg
171KB, 588x881px
you're going to make it
>>
File: DSCF5923.jpg (162KB, 979x653px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5923.jpg
162KB, 979x653px
i can pose like in titanic now!
>>
File: DSCF5917.jpg (109KB, 930x620px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5917.jpg
109KB, 930x620px
no, the girl stands in front.
>>
>>5946770
>>5946772
>>5946777
>>5946783
Office-chan 2cute4me
>>
File: st3.jpg (292KB, 1028x685px) Image search: [Google]
st3.jpg
292KB, 1028x685px
>>
>>5946790
Office chan is taken; how will I go on
>>
>>5946770
>>5946772
>Office-chan builds her own automaton
>>
File: Screenshot_20161003-160243.jpg (673KB, 1420x1229px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161003-160243.jpg
673KB, 1420x1229px
Honestly, these look like nasty dry cum stains. If she is going to try to jump into every bandwagon possible she could at least fucking try.
>>
>>5947290
posts like this remind me how much of a woman's hobby these dolls are because it sounds like a comment lifted from /cgl/
>>
>>5947290
Yeah, it kind of screams tan vampire Marilyn Monroe cumdumpster to me.

>>5947324
A few of us frequent /cgl/ too.
>>
>>5947290
Doesn't even look like cum stains, more like "child painting themselves as a cow".
It just looks so obviously painted, incl. some crusty paint pieces and streaks.

>>5947324
It does?
Saying bandwagon person shouldn't jump on bandwagon or at least put in effort is not /cgl/ only.
And Culur truly is someone who does everything for a little popularity while putting in zero effort.
>>
>>5946534
>>5946542
>>5946683

Don't virtually all Soom tinies look the same, if not for the expressions? And if Miyadoll used to work for Soom it feels kind of inevitable that her style would be similar.

But whatever, I have no dog in this fight. I'm just willing to give the benefit of the doubt because of those circumstances.
>>
>>5947324
Most of the anons in this thread are female.
>>
>>5947605
I always assumed there were quite a few men actively checking/replying to /bjd/.
I mean, I could just be used to a certain feel of a female dominated space (/cgl/ and all), but this thread always felt at least 50/50.
>>
>>5947759
Weird, to me it mostly felt 8/10, with the majority being women.
Might be because I recognize some of the anons from other websites and in case of BJD collectors, always assume female first.
This thread has probably the highest amount of female anons on this board.

The /jp/ thread probably has a higher male rate, since DDs are more popular with male collectors than BJDs.
>>
>>5947787
Highest amount, for sure.
Maybe I'm biased, being male myself. Or the women here just give off a slightly less catty vibe? Who knows.
>>
>>5946783
she is too cute in that hakama

>>5947290
>vitiligo
>vampire

>>5947605
not i
>>
File: 123.png (665KB, 648x654px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
665KB, 648x654px
>>5947290
the sad part is that , before she added the final layer of dried semen coloured paint to the patches, it used to look pretty ok.
>>
Do all male BJD things look like fujo bait?
>>
File: tumblr_ob7nfcDmFg1th7cduo1_540.jpg (106KB, 539x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob7nfcDmFg1th7cduo1_540.jpg
106KB, 539x810px
>>5947975
Yeah, pretty much. Or are far too young.

>>5947789
>Or the women here just give off a slightly less catty vibe?
wat
I mean, we're better than /cgl/(basically neoTumblr) in terms of getting along, but we're still pretty catty toward one another.

I still prefer /bjd/ to anywhere else because we are pretty practical in our advice and don't typically sugarcoat our responses. I can act more myself around y'all than anywhere else because I don't have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings with my name attached.
>>
>>5947290
The problem is she used white and assumed that would work.
Vitiligo causes pigmentation to break down.
Non-pigmented skin is Caucasian.
Meaning the colour they are left with is, more often than not, a Caucasian flesh tone.
It's rarely a white acrylic paint colour.
>>
>>5948115
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw this. She clearly doesn't understand how it works at all.
>>
>>5947964
>>vitiligo
>>vampire

Why is that weird?
A vampire was human once, if they had vitiligo as a human they would have it as a vampire too.

>>5947972
While this looks a little like the MSC is flaking it's a lot better than the white, crusty look it later gets.

Also those fucking lazy eyebrows, even those five white hairs are as low effort as it gets.

>>5947975
Depends how you define fujo bait, I guess.
If just being pretty means it's fujo bait, then yes.
Lots of them are bishonen, but even the older ones tend to be handsome (like some of the EID Iple dudes).

It's the same for the female dolls though.
>>
>>5948524
meh it's just as creepy as grown men fawning over figurines of 8 year olds, regardless of how it's spun

not the person you're responding to btw
>>
>>5948524
>>vitiligo
>>vampire

Let's jump on all the snowflake bandwagons at once shall we
>>
>>5948583
Bespectacled amputee robotic-limbed fat body-positive vitiligo vampire elf archer with heterochromia when
>>
>>5948541
>it's just as creepy as grown men fawning over figurines of 8 year olds

Honestly, I think that's a lot more creepy.
Most BJDs still look like adults, they are just all pretty (more or less, not counting fugly chinese dolls and co.).
Sure the collectors with 15 gay dolls that are all abused, bruised and vomiting glitter are creepy, but fawning at little figurines of 8 year olds is definitely a step higher on the creepy ladder.

>>5948583
Hmm, true.
First reply didn't come across as "trying too hard" but "this makes no sense", which is what I didn't get.
>>
>>5948600
adding: most BJDs that are not obviously supposed to be children (regular MSDs and YoSDs) are adults.

The amount of people doing creepy shit with smaller dolls is actually pretty low.
The ones who do usually use the "my MSDs are adults to me!!!1" excuse, even if that Kid Delf looks like a 10 year old with a beard and MNFs/Unoas don't look like adults, despite their slimmer bodies.
>>
>>5947972
Eh, I think it still looks pretty bad but definitely better than the end result. I find it funny that she tagged the model like she's gonna give a fuck. Specially when the doll looks nothing like her.

>>5948524
Anon don't be that guy...like the idea is OK but vampires are already big snowflakes, adding more to the fire does not help at all. In fact it makes it sound worst.
>>
File: IMG_20161004_124201.jpg (101KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161004_124201.jpg
101KB, 720x720px
The cute little Cyclops cats are open for preorder
Also
> Toe beans
>>
>>5946736
>Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos
where exactly are the patterens
>>
File: akirameido.jpg (132KB, 537x810px) Image search: [Google]
akirameido.jpg
132KB, 537x810px
>>5949208
I want one, but have to hold back because in case of emergencies, since fixing my car drained that savings. Here's hoping people will flip out and oversaturate the market with them so I can get them secondhand.

>>5949246
Did you scroll down? I admit they're not the best things in the world and they're off some rando's G+ account, but I see patterns there (though I think they may be intended for 1/6 fashion dolls, they can be scaled up to work with some bjds)
>>
File: IMG_20161004_231518.png (546KB, 1080x1409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161004_231518.png
546KB, 1080x1409px
You can tell Kayke talked to her.
>>
>>5949322
Oh what the fuck, v1 looked fine already. Now it looks like a style change than improving the sculpting.

s h a m e f u l
>>
>>5949322
Looks more like Kayke's Coffee 2.0. It's hideous!
>>
>>5948092
>wat
>I mean, we're better than /cgl/(basically neoTumblr) in terms of getting along, but we're still pretty catty toward one another.

I'm sorry if I came off confusing. I did mean in reference to my experiences on /cgl/. I've spent probably the last 8 years actively browsing over there, so I'm used to the way everything is. This thread is so much tamer in comparison.
(That said, you did certainly prove your own point with that comment.)
>>
>>5949322
V1 looked like a regular person... V2 looks like a surgically enhanced blow-up doll. Really unfortunate.
>>
>>5949322
I don't think she should be taking advice and support from anyone other than the people interested in spending money on this doll. V2 is so ugly.
>>
I'm thinking about getting a "Wind" doll from Myou as my first bjd. Any thoughts/warnings/recommendations?
>>
>>5950253
he probably wont look like the pictures
>>
>>5950258
How do you mean?
I planned on getting him without a faceup (I want to do my own). Do you mean the sculpt?
>>
>>5949246
>>5949297
They're doll magazine scans, the patterns are at the back of each magazine. And there's bjd patterns mixed in, DollyDolly, Doll Coordinate Recipe, and Dollybird all do a mix of collector dolls including bjd.
>>
>>5950431
Adding that since it only displays like the first six pages you need to actually click on one and scroll through to view the whole magazine.
>>
>>5949322
WHY IS THE NOSE SO FUCKING TINY
WHY DO PEOPLE HATE NOSES
>>
File: million.jpg (269KB, 1224x816px) Image search: [Google]
million.jpg
269KB, 1224x816px
I will save 4chan for...
one million dollars!
>>
I heard there are grills here? Wtf why don't you ladies join us over at /fit/?
>>
File: pluto.png (583KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
pluto.png
583KB, 535x577px
I'm really partial to this guy, seems like he just has a lot of character to me.
>>
Sprouty Doll is a fucking nightmare. Worst customer service I've ever had.
>>
Oh look its Johnny Depp as the mad hatter
>>
File: myou_body45b_06.jpg (77KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
myou_body45b_06.jpg
77KB, 700x1050px
>>5950994
Not sure if troll.
There's this running gag how bjd owners are just fat, miserable and lonely cat ladies (or gay guys/creeps).

>>5949322
At least she posted now how this doll needs another name since it's not “Naomi“ anymore.
The face was fine, maybe boring, before.
Now it looks like a totally different style.

>>5950253
He looks...okay.
A little simple, especially the body, but fine.
There's a box-opening on Youtube but not much owner pictures.
>>
>>5950342
cheap chinese dolls rarely look as good as the promo pics irl
all of his photos are taken at nearly the same angle so theres a good chance he doesnt look like that
i hope youve been looking up owner photos

>>5950941
what a cutie
>>
>>5951002
yeah, but ive ordered from them last year so idk how the quality is now. i commissioned her for a custom pair of eyes and they looked nothing like what i asked for. the quality sucks, too. colors are so muted and the outer coating for the eyes chipped so easily that the entire coating flaked off in just a month of being in my doll's head.

the worst part: she wouldnt give me a refund, but promised to ship me a new pair of eyes which i have never gotten. i tried asking her about that package and she has since been ignoring my messages.

please save yourselves money for next time and get eyes from oscar doll, or mehiart. even taobao has oscar looking eyes for cheap with better quality control than sprouty's.
>>
>>5951521
Are you me? She sent me some nasty colored eyes that looked nothing like what I ordered. After messaging her a million times, she finally answered and said they were "the wrong pair" and that she'd send me the correct pair ASAP.

She hasn't sent it. I've been bugging her about it for a week now and she's claiming she sent the replacement pair but she "can't find the tracking number." She promised to send out yet another replacement pair yesterday but hasn't done it. I threatened her with a PayPal dispute and she suddenly started replying to my messages again. If I don't get a tracking number from her by tonight then I'm starting a dispute.

She was all like, "You don't have to start a dispute, I'll just refund you," and I'm sitting here like, this chick has not followed through on anything she promised. I ain't waiting for a refund.
>>
>>5951002
>>5951521
>>5951600
Fuck, I love you guys. I was on the fence about purchasing about some eyes, but I guess I'm not ordering those eyes after all. I don't know how to express how thankful I am. I was about to drop $200 on eyes and would likely have ended up in the same boat.
>>
>>5951757
Glad I could help. I've dealt with some iffy local BJD artists, but Sprouty takes the fucking cake.
>>
>>5951056
>>5951142
I see could you all recommend me a good simple boy doll to start out with?
I'd want him to be fairly simple looking cute and whatnot.
I know that's vague, no need to respond if it's a pain.
>>
>>5952164
eh it depends on your preference, anon

i rushed getting my first doll and i ended up selling him because i didnt know what i wanted, i was just after the feeling of "wanting a doll". look around the bjd tag on twitter, flickr, or on tumblr if it isn't full of tard debates. youll eventually find which "aesthetic" suits you

but if you ask me for cute boys, sweet gale and winterrain have a lot of my favorites, but they dont seem to be in the size you like. luts kid delfs are okay as well.
>>
>>5952164
searching for a doll is your first mistake
and an expensive one at that
wait until you fall in love with one

this >>5952276 is incredibly common
>>
>>5952276
I understand, I do appreciate your recommendations. They are very cute/beautiful.

>>5952449
I wish I could filter on some site "male only" "MSD" and go through them.
I'm not exposed to them very much and browsing tumblr for the bjd tag was rough.

(elfgut is a gross mess and there are a lot of actual factual dicks floating around in the tag. Also terrifying people trying to look like dolls for some reason.)

I'll probably try to go through flicker as the previous anon mentioned.
>>
>>5951521
>>5951600

Looks like I'm not the only one who's got problems with Sprouty. Ordered a bunch of eyes expecting what was in the product photos, but basically got something completely different. Colors don't match, and on top of that the base she uses for the eyes now isn't even the same as what's listed up in the store. I'm very unsatisfied with my purchase but having heard from you guys I guess it's pretty much pointless to ask for a remake.

Never again.
>>
>>5952524
your best bet is flickr, or if you know your way around instagram (which i have accidentally typed as twitter in my post lmao) you can look up asian doll owners. their dolls are properly styled and photographed.

also about sprouty: she only gets good reviews thanks to PR work, not to mention andreja endorsing her stuff on youtube. she doesnt give a shit about quality if you dont give her shop the spotlight desu
>>
>>5951056
> There's this running gag how bjd owners are just fat, miserable and lonely cat ladies
Sighs at my great body and sexy girlfriend.
Although there ARE four cats in my house...so..partially true.

>>5951784
isn't Sprouty the one who just sent Andreja a bunch of stuff for eye making? Probably just want's the attention and new customers to scheme money from.
>>5952703
Just read this whoops.
>>
>>5952164
I can't recommend you a specific doll, but:
>check BJD Collectasy company list linked in the first post
>go through every link, check all 1/4 dolls
>make a list of dolls you like
>afterwards look up every doll on Flickr and Google Images

Then you should be able to find one you like.
I agree it's better to have this accidental “falling in love“ situation, but that only happens if you follow enough people/browse websites regularly.
And you seem to just start out and have no clue where to look.

After searching through the list give the dealers a try too (Alice's Collection for example), they got lots of companies at once on their website, can help browsing.
Don't go there first, they have lots of affordable companies that might lure you in, try the general list before just to see everything.
And some companies don't have a dealer anyway (like Iplehouse).

I'm not into 1/4 but did you check Luts or Little Monica?

>>5951002
She has perfect etsy reviews.
If any of you bought fron her etsy shop, please leave honest feedback.
It's the first time I read people have issues with her.
>>
>>5952789
The thing about leaving feedback is that you can't do it anonymously. All of her diehard fans with get butt hurt and harass you for leavig negative feedback.

Anyways, I bought from her Shopify store, not Etsy.
>>
>>5952618
Ask for a refund and threaten her with a PayPal dispute if you don't get one. She refunded me just a few hours after I opened a dispute.
>>
>>5952992
Can you add pictures to feedback?
If yes, things like flaking off pieces can easily be shown.

And honestly, if you can't leave feedback there, open up a side Tumblr (if you have a Tumblr) and post your feedback there and post it in the tag.
Can't be that she keeps on doing that shit and nobody speaks up about it.
>>
File: tumblr_oem0slYcPW1rascg6o1_1280.jpg (106KB, 1280x911px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oem0slYcPW1rascg6o1_1280.jpg
106KB, 1280x911px
Someone needs to take Kayke's computer off her
>>
>>5953199
Dem broken fingers
>>
>>5953199
Did anyone else think of....
>>
>>5950996
He reminds me of Anders
>>
>>5953199
She would be a great monster, but with Kayke I bet it's supposed to be a regular human female.

Also, is it just me or does her favourite face style basically look like her, just in thin?!
>>
>>5953199
She needs to just decide if she wants a Doll Chateau style skinny doll, or a thick doll. Instead she tries to pick bits from both - bony fingers, but round thighs, visible ribs (that look like gills), but muscle definition on the arms and legs. Just WTF even IS this doll?
>>
>>5952789
>>5953047

its not that i cant leave feedback, i COULDNT. i was waiting for my supposed correct pair of eyes to come in, but that shit never happened. so i was over the timeframe to post a review on her etsy.

and heres to hoping this thread will still be up in a week. currently out of the country as we speak and i cant take pictures of my doll stuff
>>
>>5952524
luts bory is cute msd boy.
volks makes some too.
but as many as i recommend i wont ever have the same taste as you
when i had a tumblr i just blocked anyone with dolls i didnt like so i wouldnt have to see them

>>5953199
that doll should be aborted
>>
Is there any chance that Fairyland might release anything in style of the CP Delfs? I hate their new sculpting style and all my favourite CP Delf lookalike sculpts in the MNF version are unavailable for purchase.
I hate how I joined this hobby too late.
>>
File: _20161006_143010.jpg (110KB, 720x903px) Image search: [Google]
_20161006_143010.jpg
110KB, 720x903px
I can't believe someone paid her to ruin their dolls face.
>>
>>5954056
Dafuq
>>
>>5954056
She doesn't know how to use a sealant properly either. So there's a 99% chance that doll is permanently stained.
>>
>>5954056
it looks like she used correction fluid to fix those brows, not like its salvageable anyway cuz theyre fubar
>>
There is this person I'm friends with in my local comm and they cannot keep a doll to save their life. They have bought and sold at least 10 dolls in the time I have known them and idk if it's just me but that's so irritating. Like...just pick one.
>>
File: smart doll spike.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
smart doll spike.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
Oh look, Danny got a couple of anime licenses.
>http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27361/Nishizumi+Miho+Smart+Doll.html
He also has a Cowboy Bebop Spike coming around too.
>kek @his poll being filled up with characters already with DDs
Sounds like cheap casuals that missed the Volks train.

>>5950994
Are you cute, anon?
Do you like toys, anon?
Do you like fat grills, anon?
>cuz I'm fat, but want a motivational partner to get my fat ass back to skinny mode

>>5953047
I have not been able to add pictures to my etsy reviews in the past. I hear you can do it on mobile, though. Not sure how accurate that is, but that would be awesome.

>>5954034
I fucking wish, but doubtful. I would like a Pukifee/PukiPuki Chiwoo because the LTF translated into exactly what I wanted. I just want another one a little more portable.

>>5954056
Oh lord, can the world please stop with the clown shit?
>>
>>5952703
Thank-you. I'll try looking around instagram/twitter more.

>>5952789
Thank you very much.
>you seem to just start out and have no clue where to look.
This is exactly the truth thank you for the recommendation.
>Luts or Little Monica
I've looked into Little Monica thanks to you and have been messing around on Luts' site for a day or two now.
I'm leaning towards going with a Luts boy for now maybe.
I still have lots of research to do.

>>5953993
Bory is damn cute.
Thank you though! I just need to be exposed to all the cute boys so I can see what is out there.
I appreciate all your recommendations!
>>
>>5954497
Remaking licensed DDs seems like a bad idea unless it's done entirely by preorder, because honestly, a lot of DDs are under $1000, and the people who won't pay that, they probably won't pay $500-700 for the choochoo version, either. This hobby is full of people who insist they want something, then vanish when it's time to pay.
>>
>>5954534
Yeah, the likelihood it'll happen is really slim. I would would pretty stoked if he tried to get other licenses like Cardcaptor Sakura or other nostalgiabait.
>>
>>5954534
People have already been flaking with Volks on their DD limiteds and pre-orders. They have been selling a few limiteds on their website due to non-payers from the last several events.
>>
>>5954497

CowBe is my favorite anime of all time, and I love Spike. Can you explain this image to me? Will they release a Spike figure? In what scale?
>>
>>5954590
>
There shall be a Spike doll-figure released in the 1/3 scale with realistic clothing and anime like face.
>>
>>5954578
It really figures. The shelf life of a waifu can be really short these days. In my opinion, he should aim for a limited release of classic characters, or at least the top waifus from current anime/games.
>>
>>5954548
I'd rather have volks do sakura now that they have DDP desu, the series is popular enough in Japan and is getting a new manga and anime, tons of new figures, I think a volks doll is a realistic possibility and they will definitely do it better - Danny should focus on learning how to make non-derpy mature/male faces

But nostalgiashit in general is good, and characters that are more popular in the west like Spike or Motoko, so far he seems to be going mostly for filling niches volks doesn't (good) so I don't expect DD remakes at all

>>5954590
They will release a spike doll with a derpy face but you will be able to finally comb his jewish mane
>>
>>5954056
>that nail
who is this, are they on tumblr?
>>
File: 1456408076718.jpg (9KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1456408076718.jpg
9KB, 280x210px
>>5954497
For a crigemaster he certainly is running his business well.

I wonder how this Spike is going to look. Hopefully not too Derpy as male anime doll is a new thing and theyr are still experimentating.

>You will never turn your weab OC in a beloved mascott.
>you'll never turn your hobby into a profitable business.
>>
no offense but why does it have to be an hour long
>>
>>5955459
Let's be real, though. This cringemaster had a prestigious designer father he could learn from for marketing.

>>5954590
He'll be 1/3 scale and expect to pay probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $600

>>5955398
As much as I would love for Volks to pick up licensing, they have enough trouble keeping up with the ones they have. They spend so much time producing preorders (which is cool they're doing that, but it's been taking a year for many) that it would make wait times longer and customer satisfaction go down.
>>
File: 1448345614988.png (169KB, 201x450px) Image search: [Google]
1448345614988.png
169KB, 201x450px
>>5955675
Volks already released that early dollfie doll thingy with CCS, I imagine they have a license just don't use it (just like they did with the Miku license before)
>>
>>5955797
They have an SM license as well. Released several figs.
>>
>>5955444
Dude, the name is right in the picture.
She is Pintsizedpalace on Instagram and Swandzz on Youtube. Quite a trainwreck. She provides great lulz for hatewatching.
>>
>>5954497

>Sounds like cheap casuals that missed the Volks train.

because smartdolls are cheap? right?

Moving to a side-topic but kinda related.

I'm interested to see how his character dolls turn out though, his new molds are already looking much better and it shows GREAT improvement from when he first started, while I can't really say the same thing about volks. I love volks DDs because they have always been cute, same with their bjd, but to say they have made progress or actually did an upgrade would be a big fat lie. I'm interested to see if danny can actually improve after every release or if he is going to be stuck in the late 90s early 2000s like volks. I hope not, volks finally did some kind of "modern feel" doll with Miku, Rin and Len and those are not even their characters.

Honestly I just want danny to become huge competition so volks can get off their lazy ass and do something better, that's all I want. Volks is super overpriced and lazy compared to new bjd companies now days, specially in terms of default sets, faceups, posing. I want new modern shit from them that isn't crappy "something style" kei, that was popular 20 years ago.

Although I GUESS that's what volks fans like.
>>
>>5955991
>crappy "something style" kei, that was popular 20 years ago.

I guess they must have fired all the designers who cared about clothes when they killed the 1/6th lines.
>>
File: tumblr_nk8u6531Pd1rv3aczo1_540.jpg (137KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk8u6531Pd1rv3aczo1_540.jpg
137KB, 540x540px
>>5955991
Eh, Volks seems to want to focus more on licensed characters than their own original characters. There are so many people in the hobby that do like their clothing (well-made frills sell, get used to it) and in all honesty, Volks has some pretty damned good stuff now. Danny puts out a lot of vanilla casual separates that cost about as much as a whole outfit from a few decent companies.

Smart Doll is more accessible-- i.e., not many limited releases (if any) to make them scarce. They are also experimenting a lot, which does not seem to be a freedom Volks has because Volks has a lot of shit going on between SD/DD/Hobby Lines

I'll admit I haven't handled a DD body since DDII was out, but it was okay in terms of posing. It was still trumped by Obitsu in terms of posability, but at least it was aesthetically pleasing. Volks has a lot of sameface, but... y'know what? Danny has a total of what, 4 different sculpts? I know three of his dolls share the same face.
>>
>>5956227
That's because its the best way volks gets money, obviously, by making people buy basically merchandise that someone else created. And I'm okay with that, I ain't judging if that's where the money's at. But their resin bjd feel outdated as hell, it doesn't matter if their stuff is well made, when it looks like something a manga character from the 80s would wear instead of a young man or woman now days, it just feels lazy. Even their lolita stuff feels awfully outdated, and that's because they don't do anything new, their fantasy outfits though, I believe are on point. Danny might overprice their clothes, but they are just as well made, if not better, done and created specifically so they don't stain, and are a bit more modern in my opinion, not to mention they are never going to feel outdated because of the style he picked.

Volks does have a lot of same face, I agree, but I like how people can make those faces look very different, the DD community is very creative. Right now danny has a total of 3 faces not counting the male face. The only popular one being Mirai and I think that's danny's issue. He has worked mostly to create that one wifu and the other dolls feel neglected but I'm just glad he is still trying to make and upgrade the sculpts he has right now.

Kinda going off topic here and moving more into clothing stuff.

I sometimes forget that as much as Japan loves fashion they have got nothing on Korea and I think that's why I might be a bit too harsh on Volks. Most Korean companies are pretty good at keeping up with the times when it comes to clothing and style, but it seems like Japanese companies stick to...I guess tradition? Nostalgia? I don't even know what it is honestly. So maybe I'm just being too harsh on good old volks when most of their consumers are Japanese.
>>
>>5955933
I don't use ig but know who this is now. YT suggests her stuff but I've never clicked.
I don't know how you can watch this even to laugh. she looks like she's living in filth.
>>
>>5956389
She also has serious anger issues. Like why is she so mad all the time? Plus she has to constantly reassure herself that her shitty dolls are good even if they are cheap. How insecure can you be.
>>
File: zyxw.png (616KB, 849x426px) Image search: [Google]
zyxw.png
616KB, 849x426px
>>5956389
> she looks like she's living in filth.

You should watch her restringing video then. She casually rubs her nasty bare foot all over a commission doll. It's disgusting.
I wouldn't even dare to touch someone else's doll with my bare hands no matter how clean it is, let alone my foot.
>>
>>5956413
This is absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: 1435561052580.jpg (23KB, 306x389px) Image search: [Google]
1435561052580.jpg
23KB, 306x389px
>>5956413
how do dirty bitches get so popular in this hobby? I cant.
>>
>>5956608
To be honest? She wasn't "popular" until y'all started bitching and it overflowed into the confession blogs. No one would have any idea who this bitch was if the bitching didn't start.
So...
(She's not really popular, though. There's a bunch of white knights and hate followers. And that seems to be it.)
>>
File: 2016-10-08_12-59-12.jpg (402KB, 1600x1292px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-08_12-59-12.jpg
402KB, 1600x1292px
Ayy lmao

Anyway this adori looks high to me, I'm very amused, someone commissioned this and the artist is pretty good, but some how this otherwise innocent sculpt seems to be the most stoned.
>>
>>5956910
lolol oh dear. But to be fair, kids sometimes look stoned anyway when they make that happy-derp face.
>>
File: dd mariko.jpg (240KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
dd mariko.jpg
240KB, 1280x851px
>>5956647
It was the other way around. Confession blogs were flooding with her bullshit and we asked what her fucking deal was, since nobody knew who she was.

>>5956413
I'll admit I use my foot when restringing solo, but I usually do it on my bed and wear clean socks-- not monkey wrangle it with my toes.

It's extremely tasteless to do stuff like this on a commission for the whole world to see. This person lacks a lot of self-awareness.
>>
File: 34354346387.jpg (144KB, 534x801px) Image search: [Google]
34354346387.jpg
144KB, 534x801px
>>5956910
It's the eyes, because with their current size it can only look like a person going all "duuuude" with half-closed eyes.
Smaller eyes and they would look fully open and thus less baked.

Face-up is still gorgeous though.

>>5956413
What the fuck am I looking at.
She really has zero self-awareness.

>>5956647
I still think some of those confessions were made by her.

It's also weird, you have unpopular people getting confessed about that don't gain hundreds of followers through it, but she did.
And her stuff really, really looks bad.
Even if you want to aim for a more painted/artwork face-up look.
All the piercings are huge, everything is dirty and smeared, and I bet lots of her dolls are stained sooner or later.
Not to mention how insecure she is.
>>
>>5957121
She's probably one of those cases where she's a lolcow. She only gets followers because she's a trainwreck and people watch her for the giggles.
>>
>>5956608
How to get popular in this hobby:
1) Drama
2) No skills
3) Do ugly commissions
4) Lots of tasteless pics and vids
5) ???
6) Profit!
>>
File: 1474334868862.png (372KB, 610x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474334868862.png
372KB, 610x400px
>>5955991
>to say they have made progress or actually did an upgrade would be a big fat lie
>>
File: 1467541755856.png (861KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467541755856.png
861KB, 533x800px
>>5955991
>>5957180
compare Mariko who is their more modern OC (in case you're trying to argue they only improve on licensed characters, but like another anon said, they aren't focusing on original characters much with the DD line, there's more focus on blank heads with their original stuff for the last few years)
>>
>>5957180
DO NOT WANT
>>
File: tumblr_oenjgoRKFP1rascg6o1_1280.jpg (124KB, 1280x790px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oenjgoRKFP1rascg6o1_1280.jpg
124KB, 1280x790px
I don't get why people still give her money.
That eyeliner is so wonky and shaky (especially at the top), like she doesn't give a fuck anymore or had a stroke while painting.
Just reeks of "I don't care about my customers, as long as you stupid fucks give me money", with her sloppy face-ups and dirt sprinkled on them.
>>
>>5954497
>Oh lord, can the world please stop with the clown shit?

HAHA, guess what. It's NOT supposed to be a clown. She said in her Wine and Dollies video number 18 that its supposed to be a "thug" character and she was not pleased when people assumed it was a clown makeup.

No matter what she says, it's definitely a hideous meth face clown look.
>>
>>5957438
jesus christ what the fuck
>>
>>5957438
Good lord, she didn't even bother to Photoshop the fuckups out this time. Her current work looks like an amateur artist trying to imitate her older work.
>>
>>5957468
What.
Like, if it's a clown it would at least be somewhat okay-ish.
What the fuck.

On another sidenote, asai-nemuri on Insta just painted a head that looks great with this creepy comic-clown-horror look without looking like shit. Even though it looks pretty stylized.
So it's possible, if you aren't spazzing around with paint and know what you are doing.
>>
File: pastel wigs.jpg (263KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
pastel wigs.jpg
263KB, 1024x678px
>>5957180
Volks' LE models have come a long, long way. I'd like to see them re-do some of the oldest dolls that are still popular characters (like Kasumi)
>>
>>5957214
and Mariko has been criticized for being a copycat of their licensed characters. But that's just throwing in my two cents, I'm not even part of this conversation, considering volks fan eat up mariko like the goddess that came to save them from regular shitty volks.

I would just like to point out that they had made zero progress until they got the rights for multiple license characters, in which they were given pretty much a good character to turn 3D with an good artists already behind said work. Kind of hard to fuck that one up when everything has been laid down for you...but this is none of my business.
>>
File: 1462663952654.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1462663952654.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>5956647
And to be fair a bunch of people from other social media did not used to come here until someone made a confession about 4chan. But it is true, bunch of people went into their white knight mode over this bitch because people were flaming her "art work." and her cheap dolls. She follows me on different websites and she went from having roughly 300 followers to the 1k just because of those confessions. Good job tumblr, good job.

>>5957789
I can't wait for the tumblr people that half lives here to make confessions about this. The majority for some reason hate volks and will believe anything.
>>
>>5957817
I think that the easiest way to get a ton of social media fans in this hobby is to have a bunch of really awful dolls. Because bottom rung people can circlejerk each other without accidentally feeling sub-par.
>>
>>5954497
>kek @his poll being filled up with characters already with DDs
>Sounds like cheap casuals that missed the Volks train.

Someone put the Major up there. I would probably sell my kidney for a licensed Motoko DD. A Smart Doll would be a spit in the face.
>>
>>5955007
>The shelf life of a waifu can be really short these days.
Good thing I will never abandon my waifu. Our love is eternal.
>>
File: kek.jpg (16KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
16KB, 450x325px
>>5956413
>>
File: 13989831549_2b1579bb3d_o.jpg (155KB, 641x965px) Image search: [Google]
13989831549_2b1579bb3d_o.jpg
155KB, 641x965px
>>5958147
I don't think Danny could pull off Motoko because she has more normalized features than the kawaii ugguu shit. Eiji looks derp, so I think Danny at least needs some more practice.

She'd be pretty cool to see translated into a DD-- hopefully with a face like KosMos with narrower eyes.

>>5957817
We have the beloved Office-chan. We clearly cannot hate Volks. Volks can do no wrong. :^)
>>
File: Lu_Wen_1.jpg (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lu_Wen_1.jpg
182KB, 500x500px
Can anyone help me find a sculpt similar to the Lu-wen? It doesn't matter which size it is or what type of ears it has.
>>
File: 0005416.jpg (318KB, 526x786px) Image search: [Google]
0005416.jpg
318KB, 526x786px
>>5958387
Lu-wen is super old style, so honestly the only company I can think of that still has that style is D.O.D but they are on break right now.
>>
File: 001685.jpg (161KB, 524x784px) Image search: [Google]
001685.jpg
161KB, 524x784px
>>5958387
You might still have to do some mooding but these two sculpts I think still have the same old style as Lu.
>>
File: 29554835321_783092983e_o.jpg (504KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
29554835321_783092983e_o.jpg
504KB, 1000x664px
>>5958092
This.
Circlejerk is strong with them, because they can be insecure together and echo each other how they are totally great and everything is perfectly fine looking.

As soon as you climb up the ladder you need to be good enough to get the attention from skilled people, and at the same time lose the interest of newbs and co. because they are "intimidated" by your skills or feel you don't need anymore praise.

Which sucks, because with lots of experienced artists and collectors leaving the hobby/not accepting commissions anymore we really need some good ones to replace them.
But that won't happen, with pencil artists making a quick buck of copying Andreja and the smeary Pintsized type still getting lots of fame while being shit.
No need for them to get any better, no chance either.
>>
>>5958768
Brb getting all of my face ups done before all the good artists leave the hobby
>>
>>5957438
My god that's horrendous quality, people buy this? Nothing about this is done well, look at those god awfl lips. They look like a spider is trying to climb from the mouth
>>
File: tumblr_oem0slYcPW1rascg6o3_1280.jpg (45KB, 824x946px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oem0slYcPW1rascg6o3_1280.jpg
45KB, 824x946px
What the fuck am I looking at, why are the eyes so small. Why everything, why is she so popular for making a black doll when her doll is so ugly, black people look much nicer than this atrocity.
>>
>>5958862
It's the Popovy aesthetic.
Super small eyes and that retarded buck teeth mouth breather look.
Which Kayke usually has on her selfies too.
>>
>>5958865
Except popovy knows how human beings work. This bitch is making an alien.
>>
>>5958928
Still doesn't change the fact that the faces both share this fugly look of tiny eyes, open mouth with visible front teeth.
>>
>>5956910
i think it would look a little less retarded once it has its teeth plate in. its the no teeth giving it a weird, baby retard / high gummy mouthed kind of look. also if the eyes were positioned to the side i think it would look less "lolduude"
>>
File: 231tled.jpg (39KB, 654x287px) Image search: [Google]
231tled.jpg
39KB, 654x287px
>SOLD for $$$
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>5959096
Well, yeah. That's a highly in-demand and fairly new Volks sculpt, presumably in decent condition.
Whoever bought it probably didn't care about the weird faceup.
>>
File: received_10153542229922155.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153542229922155.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
Could someone show me a profile comparison of Kid Delf Bory and Mill?

I've dug around on DoA and couldn't find profiles. Unpainted would wonderful as well.

>sage for wanting to be spoon-fed.
>>
>>5959194
Hm, best I could find for Bory:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/xavier-x/12777109723/

And best I could find for Mill (she isn't very popular, huh?):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hyperlacealchemists/2949839200/

The left one, obviously.
Bory has a more pointy > nose, Mill a short and round one.
>>
>>5959218
Adding:
This one is better for Mill ->
https://www.flickr.com/photos/39688505@N08/4806729223/
>>
>>5959218
>>5959220
This is perfect, thank-you very much.

I'm trying to choose a head for a boy that looks plain and bored.
That the nose isn't too pointy.
So now I'll most likely look into getting Mill.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 509x715px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 509x715px
>>
>>5958414
>>5958417

Thank you dude. I don't know why I never checked DoD. I love the dreaming heads. I wish their faces are a bit slimer but every other feature is right up my alley.

>>5959432

What is happening?
>>
>>5958862
>the crazy hip bones

every fucking time
>>
File: tumblr_oem0slYcPW1rascg6o4_1280.jpg (43KB, 859x935px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oem0slYcPW1rascg6o4_1280.jpg
43KB, 859x935px
send help
>>
>>5959904
If I were black I would be fucking livid over this fat white bitch's creepy, fetishistic obsession with black people, and making half human, half fugly beast black dolls.
>>
>>5959571

No problem. I really like this style too and I wish I could hybrid d.o.d without having to buy the whole doll. One can only dream.
>>
>>5959904
ayy it's a little somalien
>>
>>5959986
She isn't even fucking basing these dolls on black people, she is just slapping the black skin and calling it "a black doll" maybe that's why only dumb white bitches with black dolls are the ones that have been buying them non-stop. I don't think I know of any actual color people that bought these dolls, but do correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
File: popovy v modoll.jpg (61KB, 708x688px) Image search: [Google]
popovy v modoll.jpg
61KB, 708x688px
>>5958928
Dollfam, Popovy dolls look like aliens too. Kayke's seem like they're trying to do that Leekeworld ArtLine proportion (huge head, weird ass pear body)

>>5959432
>>5959571
Looks like that Batchix Mini Machina head on a Littlefee body.

I got around to trying my YoSD head on my DC Kid body and it's not as fucking horrid as I thought (still very pin-headed, but the neckhole is about perfect). I'll post pics when I am able.
>>
>>5960047
of all the generals on /toy/ this one consistently has the creepiest pics
>>
File: pastel vomit fetuses.jpg (122KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
pastel vomit fetuses.jpg
122KB, 540x540px
>>5960053
It happens. Nobody does horror like us.
>>
File: tumblr_n5qudoCtbt1svu7e2o6_1280.jpg (418KB, 999x1319px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5qudoCtbt1svu7e2o6_1280.jpg
418KB, 999x1319px
>>5960047
See, but the artline body is cute because it's obviously meant to just be round and..well cute. not overly realistic. It is just a chubby body, I don't know what she is going for at all, like nothing makes sense for this doll, you can't even compare it to anything. It's for real a monster doll, not realistic enough and not fake enough at all.

And popovy just goes for the whole modeling aesthetic, with dolls that give the feel of a very tall doll, because of the very long legs. Not to mention their aesthetic is REAL, like it is based on real people and models, so they know exactly how to get the proportions right so they don't look too off. But I guess most Asians are aliens.

This is why you shouldn't just try to copy someone, you always do your own damn research for that reason.
>>
File: longneck2.jpg (173KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
longneck2.jpg
173KB, 427x640px
>>5960068
>And popovy just goes for the whole modeling aesthetic, with dolls that give the feel of a very tall doll, because of the very long legs.
Yeah, because models not from some slinky neck tribe have necks that long too. (this is sarcasm, btw)

I'm not gonna argue the faces are based off actual humans, but those bodies are still rather stylized. They're more from fashion illustrations than real life. After scrolling through many pictures of runway and high fashion models, I'm not seeing any built like >>5960047

Kayke's doll, though? Trainwreck. Those hands look like a 70-year-old woman's with bad arthritis.
>>
>>5960107
In most fashion "art lines" (to keep it simple) they tend to give their models the illusion of having longer necks, longer arms and longer legs. This is to keep the piece interesting, which is also why they pick models with interesting faces and not the cookie cutters you see in most magazines, googling high fashion models will not give you any of this shit, that's like googling BJD and expecting to find lillycat on the top search, it isn't going to happen because it's different from the norm. Popovy is doing the exact same with their dolls, same with the proportions. For example, back in the day the outfits you see worn by singers like lady gaga are actual real outfits made by real designers for a very specific line or season, not just for her she just happened to buy them, specially the shoes, all of those outfits give lady gaga a very odd look with odd proportions.

It is a very specific aesthetic, and popovy takes full freedom with this because they have dolls instead of humans, which makes their clothing lines easier to manage and make. This is why their dolls are also showcase in very important fashion magazines not just doll shit. Yeah, they look odd, but they are odd for a very specific reason, to stand out from the norm.

But yes, her doll is a hideous train wreck, how can you see it and think "Yeah, this is fine, totally ok."
>>
File: popovy-sisters-10.jpg (185KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
popovy-sisters-10.jpg
185KB, 800x598px
>>5960129
Also forgot to mention the way they create that illusion of having longer neck, arms and legs...is by having extremely skinny models, they pick models by bone structure, yikes. Reason why most of these models also happened to be addicted to dat Colombian sugar.
>>
File: 03235124633571274.png (487KB, 431x700px) Image search: [Google]
03235124633571274.png
487KB, 431x700px
>>5960054
The purple one on the top left is really adorable but the top right one is the stuff of nightmares.
What company/artist are these dolls from?
>>
>>5960158
Dust of Dolls :)
>>
File: 0248649239867592387.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
0248649239867592387.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
>>5960169
Thanks senpai.
>>
Is Dream of Doll even still around? They marked everything out of stock two years ago for the website renovation.

I wish DoD and Custom House had sold their old molds to Angel of Dream on the condition that all original AoD sculpts go into a wood chipper.
>>
File: 14906730818_d1c16ca61c_b.jpg (110KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
14906730818_d1c16ca61c_b.jpg
110KB, 1024x685px
BJD101 Got her mic today~
If only she weren't too busy to do anything the next week or two... weeps
>>
File: you are so fucked.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
you are so fucked.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>>5960571
I don't think so, to be honest. I have not seen any new releases from them for several years now. Thankfully they're fairly cheap secondhand if you are able to find one taken care of and not like pic related.
>>
>>5960571
>>5960798

If you check their website and browse around a little it seems like they still take orders per mail...but I also heard they have issues with Paypal.
Their Q&A seems to be still active though.

So they basically went back in time, when people had to order via mail and pay via bank wire.
>>
>>5960571
DOD got assraped by paypal so they no longer use it. 5thmotif is also currently being raped by paypal, from what's he's said on his facebook, they won't let him have access to the money in his account until he's shipped out like 90 percent of the orders, which mean he actually has to use his own personal money to pay dollshe to finish the dolls, and also to ship them. he said he's never going to use paypal again after this.
>>
File: s-senpai....jpg (282KB, 440x662px) Image search: [Google]
s-senpai....jpg
282KB, 440x662px
>>5960865
>>5961006
Shit, why the fuck aren't other doll companies having these problems? That's awful.
>>
>>5961082
Might be that people opened up a PP claim one time too often?
If I remember DOD was pretty slow with their shipping times too.

However, with 5th Motif I wouldn't be surprised if they did that because he got so much money without proof he was actually doing something for it in turn (if I remember correctly someone on DoA mentioned that their local, chinese community had made a 40000$ order...), or the mentioned claims.
But there are lots of other slow companies who seem to be doing well.
>>
>>5960019
KEK
>>
File: 5thmotif.jpg (334KB, 1200x693px) Image search: [Google]
5thmotif.jpg
334KB, 1200x693px
>>5961090
it wasn't claims. its some crazy shit paypal does when someone gets too much money at once or something. before it was dollshe being paid as the dealer, this current order was through 5thmotif himself. pic related is from his facebook
>>
>>5961291

This is prime example of why the extreme wait times from some companies are fucking ridiculous. How did 7+ month wait times become exceptable?
>>
>>5961435
Well, it's a mix.

Back then you had to wait till companies got in resin and were actually able to put up something for sale.

Now you have way more buyers and companies need to keep up with their demands, so they are always taking pre-orders/offering too many dolls even if they can't handle them.
Too many orders, too many people wanting more and more options/models, too much pressure to keep up this whole "new limiteds, all the time" business etc.
You know people nowadays wouldn't go back to the old system anymore anyway.
They rather have the 'security' of an already paid for spot on a waitlist then having to wait on actually being able to order.

I see that with my customers, they gladly wait a year for a face-up slot on my waitlist, because to them it's a guarantee they sooner or later get something painted by me.
Other option would be to wait three months and then compete for a slot with others.

I'll always remember that one pic of Granado and Crocus' table full of painted heads for the last order.
Granado isn't like Fairyland, and he still had those 20 heads on his table.
And face-up was only purchasable when you bought a full doll, so at least 20 full dolls.
And single heads, and naked full dolls, and their basic models they also offer.
Guy had with that one order batch probably more than Luts made in the beginning in three months.
Now imagine how much orders Fairyland probably gets in nowadays.
>>
>>5961435
Don't get how this is a prime example.
5th Motif is literally a one person company. Dollshe just does the casting for him, and they aren't happy about it anymore either (not too mention they got enough on their own plate). Cho did everything he could to ship out those dolls as fast as possible, not his fault Dollshe is slow/he's only one person who was absolutely not prepared for people liking his doll that much.
He could have stayed strong and say no to all those people pestering him, but he tried being nice.

Dollshe however is a prime example why shit is ridiculous.
They are behind their orders for so long and he still teases new dolls and brings up the whole Bermann bullshit on top.
>>
>>5960715
If you don't mind, I'm gonna start a youtube as well. Gonna set it up tonight so I don't have a name/link yet. Its gonna be sewing-specific though, because I'm tired of seeing shit like pic related posted to BJD Addicts when actual basic sewing is a million times less shitty looking.
>>
File: Screenshot (82).png (304KB, 497x581px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (82).png
304KB, 497x581px
>>5961739
And forgot pic. Yes this is a sock dress tutorial that is entirely hot glue, no sewing, and even the shoes are hot glue painted with nail polish.
>>
>>5961435
5th motif had/has no extreme wait time, though. the issue is that paypal frequently pulls this stunt with small businesses.
>>
>>5961739
Oh gosh, please do.
I can sew for myself, but I wouldn't look to me for coherent sewing tutorials because my methods are by no means professional. I am inherently a problem solver, so I make clothes that work. It just.. takes a while. LOL
Maybe we can affiliate :)
>>
>>5959904
this is reminding me of that radiohead cover.

>>5958865
I had no idea there was a company behind that stupid look. It's almost exclusively "edgy art" bitches who are into that aesthetic.
>>
Any opinions on xaga doll, I was thinking about getting one of their yosds. Anything will help
>>
>>5961912
I thought Popovy wasn't really a company, they're more like the Enchanted Doll where they're more like art dolls.
>>
>>5960798
what is happening with this head though??
>>
File: 5853c043f76cf5d0ecc58b07104dd455.jpg (166KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5853c043f76cf5d0ecc58b07104dd455.jpg
166KB, 1066x1600px
>>5959904
>>5958865
There's an "aesthetic" and then there's shamelessly copying an entire look. Please tell me I'm not the only one noticing this very strong resemblance.
>>
>>5962182
Naw, she's not copying them.
There are lots of other artsy doll makers (especially porcelain ones) who all go for that Popovy, Enchanted and co. look, because they saw you can make mad money with it, and they can sometimes be barely held apart.

Kayke's is different, partly because it's thicker and still shorter (Popovy are long af and even thinner).
And that retarded buckteeth face is, well, her face if she weren't fat.
Her doll doesn't have that artsy model vibe, it just looks like an alien (and I don't like the Popovy aesthetic either, but that one at least looks "we know what we are doing here").
>>
>>5962143
Quality is good, wait time is ridiculous.
>>
My first time opening a PayPal dispute was last week and now I'm opening another one. Fucking hell.

I put an in-stock doll on layaway with a Korean doll company (trying to be vague, sorry). They said she was ready to ship and that they'd send her out immediately after receiving full payment. I sent the full payment 7 days ago and they confirmed that it was received/said they'd ship her out soon. Haven't heard from them since. I e-mailed them on Friday asking if they had any updates for me and they never answered, so I opened a PayPal dispute today.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pay $400 for this kind of treatment. If they're busy or need an extra few days to ship the doll then they need to tell me.
>>
>>5962438
Do they have a Q&A board? If yes, that might be a better way to reach them than by mail.

I wouldn't have opened the claim already if it's a reliable company, but I tend to be pretty chill.
Was it a reliable one anon?
I mean, there are not much in-stock selling ones anyway, only remember Bluefairy.
>>
Why is Kayke so hated here ?
Don't really like what she is doing, but there probably worse wannabe doll makers out there.

Is she a cunt or just overrated as fuck ?

Also why haven't sjw ganged on her for racial apropriation.
>>
>>5962479
I initially contacted them through their Q&A board, but after going back and forth about the one doll they have in-stock, they reached out to me via e-mail.

So all my communication with them since has been through e-mail. They responded super speedily to tell me about my final payment being received, so I'm sure they've seen my e-mail asking about a tracking number. And even if they haven't, my doll should have been shipped by now.

From what I know it's a reliable company. They're not as big or popular as Bluefairy, but people own dolls from them.

I'd be totally fine with waiting if they just gave me a heads up or answered my e-mail. I haven't escalated it to a claim or anything. I just want them to answer me. I'm hoping the dispute kicks their asses in to gear.
>>
>>5962172
someone "painted" its faceup with sharpie markers. someone else (?) tried to "save" it by attempting to sand away the sharpie. but sharpie sinks DEEP into the resin, so the person ended up sanding off the lips and still couldn't get the sharpie off.
>>
>>5962182

Jesus I wish this aesthetic wasn't the go to for so many art doll makers. It's like they're all in a race to see who can make the skinnier heroine addict.
>>
>>5962510
why are people this retarded allowed to own things
>>
>>5962519
I have no problem with their marfan proportion, but to me they have that vacant stare people mentally retarded have.
>>
>>5962495
I think it's mostly really bad business practices and the fact that she rushes work and turns out really sub-par faceups. She also overshares her mental health issues, and just too much gross shit in general.

People also don't like that she charged $450 for a doll that wasn't finished, then rushed the final product when it was close to a year mark and people were getting upset.
>>
>>5962495
It mostly started because of her business.

Her face-ups were okay, but she had no clue how to keep up a shop/act properly in the open.
She posts TMI stuff for everyone to see (incl. pictures of stuff she pushed out of her body).
Like, a few weeks ago she showed self harm scars and how she made a necklace out of her blood.
Or her posts about how she hasn't combed her hair for weeks.
That's shit you don't want to read about someone you plan to give money and an expensive doll to.
She also is a prime example for the annoying tumblr girl archetype, incl. whiny posts about how bad her life is all the time (incl. the I WENT TO ART SCHOOL I AM POOR I AM SICK LOOK AT ME stuff).

Then her work went to shit more and more, because it was clear she wasn't healthy enough to keep up a shop but needed the money.

Things got more heated when she started working on Coffee.
She asked people very early for money and opened pre-orders while the doll didn't even have all body parts.
She had basically just started working on the doll and was nowhere near finishing it and already opened up her hands for money.
After a long time she finally had "finished" Coffee and sent her out to be casted.
Truth is, that doll was nowhere near finished, Kayke just didn't want to sand anymore and probably had people asking her when they fuck they'd get their doll.
I'm also pretty sure she started the whole 3D sculpting thing in hopes it's less work...bet she will send a badly printed prototype to Haru, or just give it one layer of primer and calls it a day.

Things I don't know 100%: apparently she's from the bumfuck south (?), but at the same time she has this weird fetishistic thing with black women going on.
LIke she likes the aesthetic and uses it for her stuff, but her black women don't look black.

In short: Kayke is mostly hated here because she's easy to mock and make fun off due to her behaviour.
She's a trainwreck gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>5962619
Adding: I personally like her painted (as in, on canvas) artworks, and think she should have sticked to that.
That's the stuff she really seems to be putting care in too, because it's thought out and looks finished (for her style).

Her doll stuff just looks "look how bad shit can get before you fools stop giving me money".

(and yeah, yeah, it's smart of her when people still eat it up, and if others want to give her money for a shit doll it's their problem...I still dislike lazy people doing shit things)
>>
File: tumblr_nj2c6xMCum1rascg6o7_540.jpg (99KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj2c6xMCum1rascg6o7_540.jpg
99KB, 540x810px
>>5962351
>And that retarded buckteeth face is, well, her face if she weren't fat.
Nailed it.

>>5962630
Yeah, I love her paintings and stuff. It's dark stuff, but decently done. I honestly think her heart is more into that.
With dolls, she's too busy throwing pearl shimmer on everything, but she loves how gaudy her style is. If people are willing to throw money at her for nothing but glitter and heavy winged eyeliner, she doesn't feel she should change. It's sad, because some of the things she has done in the past were pretty neat-- like that time she did one of those Inner Monster MH dolls.

>>5962619
I want to say I remember reading she was originally from Ohio or something, then moved to Austin. It's floating around on her portfolio page somewhere.
>>
>>5962651
She's from Arizona or some shit, went to school in Ohio, then moved to Austin. Also, she only started with art dolls because she thought she would get to go to conventions for free and she esp wants a trip to L-doll (for free)
>>
File: il_570xN.788535432_7prx.jpg (76KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.788535432_7prx.jpg
76KB, 570x855px
>>5962619
>Things I don't know 100%: apparently she's from the bumfuck south (?), but at the same time she has this weird fetishistic thing with black women going on.
>LIke she likes the aesthetic and uses it for her stuff, but her black women don't look black.
She used to be extremely, extremely racist (source: knew her...once upon a time). We're talking calling black people niggers racist. As in, off of the Internet. This is her weird way of atoning for her sins.

Here is a pretty doll in a pretty dress to lighten the mood.
>>
>>5962693
What, any source for that?

If it's that easy why am I paying for my LDoll trip?!

>>5962710
That's what I remembered.

It's weird, because I first got to know her through DoD where she wasn't that bad.
She was actually pretty okay.
The weird and annoying shit came later.
>>
>>5962619
>bumfuck south

She lives in the Austin area. You clearly know jack shit about the South if you think the capital of Texas is bumfuck.
>>
>>5959432
>>5960047
Okay, anon. I made an abomination. The neck hole on the YoSD fits the neck of the DC Kid (K-07) body. Obviously the skintones don't match.

It may end up being more of an option for you than we originally thought, without resorting to a lot of mods. If you're going for a weird-as-fuck aesthetic, it'll probably work.
>>
>>5962784
I'm not from the US and said that I don't know if it's the truth.
Calm your tits.
>>
>>5962820
Then why post it?
>>
>>5962790
Still probably won't work.
Yo neck: 6,2cm
Mini Machina: 4cm

The Mini Machinas have tiny stick necks, thinner than most regular YoSD sized dolls.
>>
>>5962824
Why care so much?
There's a reason I added the disclaimer before, are you really getting so worked up about such a minor thing?
>>
>>5962784
Most Americans are still pretty ignorant to the fact Austin is pretty much the polar opposite of the rest of Texas.

Austin is basically the south US's Portland.
>>
>>5962784

She's not from Austin though. She just moved there three years ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (282KB, 640x902px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282KB, 640x902px
>>5962909
Wtf
>>
>>5962832
Maybe because I dislike people posting bullshit.

>>5962899
She lives in Austin. Neither Arizona nor Ohio is the South, sooo.
>>
File: 1462817692718.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1462817692718.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
You niggas need to stop derailing. Let's talk dolls, not what a complete trainwreck a customizer is.
>>
>>5962925
She actually lives in San Marcos, which IS pretty bumfuck.
>>
>>5962920

So much cheap shit in one photo
>>
File: 29986331382_72c823c313_z.jpg (146KB, 361x640px) Image search: [Google]
29986331382_72c823c313_z.jpg
146KB, 361x640px
>>5962920
Isn't this the same anon with the ugly Hujoo baby from a few threads back?
>>
File: 1448319847131.jpg (76KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448319847131.jpg
76KB, 720x960px
>>5962933
Most Hujoo babies are ugly. My abomination folder has more Hujoos in it than anything else.
>>
>>5962933

Idk ganked it from Instagram
>>
File: ted mod.jpg (27KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
ted mod.jpg
27KB, 500x257px
>>5962938
Actually, it's just the older bug-eyed ones that are terrifying. Some of the newer ones are not as bad for what they are.

I'm still kind of curious about their large dolls, like Azala (Cheetah grill). Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I haven't seen any of them on my dash.
>>
>>5962938
Uhrg, you should see the abomination sitting in my shelf. It got picked up for a mod project by trading some clothing for it and it's pretty ugly.
>>
>>5962938
Unfortunately I just thinking there's going to a be an influx of cheap BJD now that Monster High has gone to shit

going to start seeing a lot of cheap nearly identical dolls
>>
File: dafoq.jpg (632KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
dafoq.jpg
632KB, 1536x2048px
>>5962938
oh I know that they're all hideously customized with the exception of very few (like this one in >>5962957)
but I meant there was a anon who came here and posted his picture of hujoo baby with the same outfit and the same sharp filter. He then got super butthurt when we made fun of his cheap tacky doll outfits and proceeded to call us "bullies" and fucked right off.

>>5962950
Thanks for sharing it bruh. Needed a good laugh.
>>
>>5962969
..bruh?

ew
>>
>>5962969
You are correct, she posted here and wasn't very happy that we didn't praise her.
Still ask myself how they ended up here and thought we would like that tacky shit.
>>
This place has turned into a clusterfuck of bitching and people bitching about people bitching.

Do you think people will ever share their dolls here again (that's not botflybaby)?
>>
>>5963013
I would share but Im scared of you all.
>>
>>5962790
spooked
>>
>>5963013
I'll never share my dolls because I don't want to be associated with this place. I'm not proud of being here and I mostly only check in to see who is on the community's shitlist this week.
>>
>>5962938
I had the honor of actually seeing this doll in person!

>>5963013
I'd love to. I don't have any problems with the people in this thread, but it's the lurkers from tumblr I am worried about. Maybe I'll blur my dolls' faces.
>>
File: 1451330187807.jpg (124KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451330187807.jpg
124KB, 960x720px
>>5963055
Damn, anon. How are your eyes faring after seeing such a monstrosity? This person has a special place in my abomination folder.
>>
File: 12268002376_395eca6a89_b.jpg (129KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
12268002376_395eca6a89_b.jpg
129KB, 1024x678px
>>5962928
Fun fact about this pic. I know the owner and she took this pic with her cellphone. This is why I don't listen to people's excuses about why their cellphone pics are so shitty, goes to show that if you try, you can have something decent.
>>
>>5963013
>>5963017

I have posted my pictures here before and continue to post occasionally. Despite my dolls being boring with my terrible phone photography no one has ever said anything about them. If you have confidence in your dolls being presentable and don't act like a butthurt baby then you have nothing to fear. Unless you don't want to be identified by people from other social media platforms then of course don't post your dolls here.

>>5963062

The doll in the wheelchair takes the cake for being the snow flakiest of them all.
>>
>>5963080
I typically take pictures with my cell phone too, and I think Office-chan's owner snaps her pics with an iPhone 6. I get compliments about my photos a lot, but I rarely do doll photos. Mostly landscapes/skyscapes and the like. Phones are getting really really good if you have a good external light source.
>>
File: G9n8Ju0.jpg (19KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
G9n8Ju0.jpg
19KB, 399x399px
>>5963062
The weird thing about this person is that they were showing some progress, I mean they were still bad but progress could be seen but then she went back to the same shit.

>>5962899
Ummm, sure anon, sure. I live in Texas too and my family is spread out all over the state and the only city that is not a complete shit hole has been Houston, only thing Austin has going on is that is drunkfest for assholes, and they have Asians. Don't even get me started on Dallas, I hate this place more than any other. But point still stands, bunch of assholes everywhere in Texas no matter where you go.
>>
File: head pats.jpg (212KB, 812x1169px) Image search: [Google]
head pats.jpg
212KB, 812x1169px
Can I get anything worth headpatting for <$200?
>>
>>5963198
No.
Not even a recast.
It will look too shit to be worth headpatting unless you're a pro at customizing and doing face make ups on it.

<$200 is barely even Phicen/Hot toys/ 1/6th scale level...
>>
File: wanwanwanwanwanwanwan.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wanwanwanwanwanwanwan.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>5963202
oh, okay

th-that's fine then

I'll just save up for a few more months...
>>
>>5963208
>I'll just save up for a few more months...
it'll be completely worth it
>>
>>5963198
I dunno, Limhwa ToYou's (The 27cm ones?) are really cute if you don't mind having a mini mini BJD.
>>
>>5963284
what is "mini mini"?
>>
jeeze, I thought I might look on ebay for things but everything there is a totally blank canvas with no extras included even though the images show a fully made-up doll with all the extras
>>
File: sarav1small.jpg (233KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
sarav1small.jpg
233KB, 533x800px
>>5963286
They are tiny as shit. Not a common BJD size but beautiful nonetheless.
>>
File: cy02.jpg (85KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
cy02.jpg
85KB, 350x525px
>>5963291
LOL you must be new to the hobby, aren't you?
>>
>>5963291
Blank AND bootlegs.

But yes, BJDs are usually sold blank.
You either need to fork over some extra money or know how to do it yourself.
Or better, both.

Some companies do have nice default face-ups, but you still need to get the rest and lots of the looks are “for photos only“ and not available to buy.
If you want that, get a full-set Soom and be willing to pay for all the extras.
>>
>>5963348
PS: thant bootleg part was in regards to ebay.
Better stay away from ebay when you have no clue about the hobby.
Take the bjd collectasy link list in the OP instead and stick to that.
>>
>>5963291
Well anon, like I pointed out, <$200 is a small sum of cash for /BJD/

You have your 1/6th scale stuff being priced at $100-$300 already these days.

BJD is larger and around 1/3 scale so the price goes up.
$100-$300 would buy an outfit only. Not a doll.

>the images show a fully made-up doll with all the extras
Yeah. Assuming that is a "limited edition and full set" in the image, the total price would be around $1,100 and upwards for everything that is in the image.
>>
File: kana.png (147KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
kana.png
147KB, 300x367px
>>5963358
For these kinds of prices I'd be better off knocking a girl up and hoping for a daughter.
>>
>>5963361
If you only wanted to headpatting a daughter, just go to the petting zoo.
>>
File: 10191621675_4eb91d4862_b.jpg (123KB, 496x694px) Image search: [Google]
10191621675_4eb91d4862_b.jpg
123KB, 496x694px
>>5963198
I got a DDIII body with no signs of use, a DDH-03 head with a very nice face-up, a pretty, soft wig and a simple dress for 190 USD total (on separate occasions).
It's possible if you're at the right online shop at the right time. But you gotta be willing to accept second hand goods and bring a lot of patience.
>>
>>5963373
That is a pretty crazy deal.

Lowest cost for a DD3 body would be $220? I assume.
Head with face up - maybe $60?
Wig - $20?
Simple dress - Maybe $15?

Its really pushing it. But that is just what I think the prices are, in general.
>>
>>5963370
You can pet the little girls there?
>>
>>5963055
How is the owner IRL? Are they the one with the nail polish painted DC recasts?
>>
>>5963198
If you're very patient and have market access on most doll forums, you can pick up a DD or MDD that needs a little work for that much. My last DD body was $150. It's not going to be perfect but it will get you started and the nice thing is you can upgrade piece by piece.
>>
>>5963424
what what?! Nail polish painted? I must see. Do you have any pics or links?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (230KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
230KB, 400x600px
>>5962938
For a second I thought Pintsizedpalace painted the hujoo.
>>
File: 7c29b5d1.jpg (107KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
7c29b5d1.jpg
107KB, 600x480px
>>5963380
Yeah, I can still hardly believe I managed to get her this cheap. I was very lucky with all my DD girls, but this one takes the cake.
Body was 15000 Yen, head 3000 Yen (even came with original Volks animetic eyes, only "downside" is that it's the hard head cap but I actually think I prefer it to the soft one) and the dress was 400 Yen, the wig 600 Yen.
And got all of it during the time the Yen was still weak.
>>
File: 6b45acdb.png (1MB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6b45acdb.png
1MB, 900x1000px
>>5963433
Forum market places are the worst for used DDs. Due to the easy as hell staining, vulnerable joints and the general approach westerners have to handling dolls, it's very difficult to find a body in acceptable condition for that price. It's better to stalk Y!J or something. In some cases it might be a gamble but if there are no visible suspicious stains, paint transfer or weird comments they're usually in better shape than you could find for sale in doll community forums.
>>
>>5963433
Also adding that Mandarake is a good source for "damaged" dolls if you're patient. The Japanese standard for damage is very different than most western sales forums so things that are very minor are discounted quite a bit. I know an anon on here got a "junk" doll that was actually very nice but just outdated face up.
>>
File: img_4588.jpg (217KB, 551x368px) Image search: [Google]
img_4588.jpg
217KB, 551x368px
>>5963208
You can also try to hybrid a nice DD head on a cheaper body if you want something quick. That way you can have your pet and have some motivation to save up for her nicer body, though I fair warning would be that some cheaper bodies look a bit odd but once clothed you can hide it pretty damn well. Some blank DD heads can be bought for a steal second hand. There is also a bjd thread in /jp with more people with your similar reasoning and taste if you want to go check it out.
>>
File: 26545359803_47e19843f3_b.jpg (82KB, 414x728px) Image search: [Google]
26545359803_47e19843f3_b.jpg
82KB, 414x728px
>>5963208
>>5963541

Continuing on this. If you cannot afford a DD right away, parabox (check out their English website) is cheaper and has some cute girls for a cheaper price, but their faceups are limited so you gotta buy them when you see them or else you are stuck with a blank face. I believe they also sell clothing as well, but in all honestly customizing obitsu is what makes them great. By the way the two pics I posted are from said website.

Go chase your dream anon, get that daughter to pet on the head because all the dry vaginas in here have male bjd to drool over like they are any better.
>>
>>5963565

SQ Lab also has cute animu style girls that can be used on parabox bodies, so there might be a good hybrid for a decent price in there.
>>
>>5963080
I took a lot with my old iphone but i had to downgrade to potato phone and never really took pics with it. but i'll be getting a new one tomorrow. 13mp camera praise
>>
>>5963080
ALL of my photos were taken with a phone, up until my partner bought me a camera. I think that's like.. 4 or 5 hobby years?
I don't believe people when they say phone photos can't look good.
>>
>>5963080
Most people don't lack a good camera, they lack taste and are lazy.

Give 'em a nice camera and their dolls still look like shit and their pictures are still boring...it's just a nice excuse for them.

I personally don't use my phone for pictures, because I own enough gear and need proper pictures for my customers.
But with a good set up, enough light, and a calm hand you can take a good enough picture for general use with most modern phones.
>>
File: 40-60all.jpg (145KB, 790x483px) Image search: [Google]
40-60all.jpg
145KB, 790x483px
>>5963565
>>5963541

Unless they REALLY want/like the look and joint systems of obitsu/parabox bodies I believe they'd be better off saving up instead. Their 1/3 bodies are not cheap enough to be suitable as a placeholder. Then there's also the issue of the unsophisticated elbow/knee joints.
>>
File: sss.jpg (266KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sss.jpg
266KB, 1200x1600px
I'm thinking of buying one of these for a BJ.

I have not decided yet has to do it ...
>>
>>5964520
Kindly consult the fashion doll thread regarding those.
>>
Do we still have doll kik/Skype/discord/whatever?
>>
>>5964520
It is not a BJD. It is a nice doll, but not a BJD.
>>
File: IMG_0556.jpg (669KB, 1373x2220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.jpg
669KB, 1373x2220px
>>5964297
This was taken with iphone 6s plus.
Bright daylight.
Automatic camera settings.
>>
>>5964744
phone cameras are fine when you have good daylight or good lighting available. A dedicated, real camera would be better for low light, high exposure time and bokei situations.

Bad phone photos are probably due to low in door lighting, shaky hands, and just not giving a fuck.

Flash doesn't make for flattering doll photos so I usually avoid it.
>>
>>5964679
There's a pretty popular BJD discord. For us snarky bitches? maybe, idk, I'm not in it if there is.

>https://discord.gg/K3Czk
>>
>>5964754
A normal camera is good when you want, and need, to be able to change settings, lenses and co.
It can be customized to your needs and in the end gives you more flexibility.
Not to mention that there are some things you just can't shoot with a phone (like animals from afar).
And if you really aspire to properly photograph it just feels nicer too.

Most people just want to hold up the camera and press a button though, for quick sharing.
Even better if they can upload pictures straight away without having to put away their phone.
You are also always close to the doll anyway.
Those photos will never be printed or edited professionally either, so phone is more than fine for general sharing.

>>5964744
Yeah, it's a good example for the mentioned “general use“.
It's a simple portrait taken with enough light, nothing crazy/interesting.
Most modern phones can handle that.
However, as said, most people are just lazy and stupid but rather blame it on the cam.
As if it's that hard to put a doll in front of a wall, don't shake your hand like mad and take a simple snapshot.
>>
File: 14163979039_ce7acabe47_b.jpg (63KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
14163979039_ce7acabe47_b.jpg
63KB, 500x750px
I randomly remember this thing that happened to me when I was at work. So story time anons.

>be me trying to be cheap
>browsing the good old ebay for deals
>know most old ladies with no bjd knowledge tag their bjd as just porcelain dolls, so I dig into that tag.
>See Luts Bory for $60. Box, papers, shit ton of clothes included. Body type 2.
>All of this shit is at least worth $300.
>Good shit. Good deal.
>Need some shota in my life anyways.
>Proceed to bid.
>No one bids. At all. Snorting to myself because I'm getting a good deal.
>constantly check to see if anyone has bid.
>Winning still. I feel like a couponer.
>Final day approaches. Still no signs of life form around.
>Final day. Someone bids for $80. Respect. We gonna keep this low. We both trying to get a deal.
>Keep outbidding each other for low numbers. +$1, +$2, etc. Other bidder obviously wants to keep it low too.
>disaster bitch appears. Outbids the two of us by $50. Doll is now at $150. Can still get a deal, if disaster bitch doesn't bid for much anymore.
>Me and other bidder continue at at it. Disaster bitch outbids for $40.
>Bory-kun is now $210. Price just doesn't taste good anymore but I keep at it because I'm a stubborn bitch.
>We getting close to that time. Price is now $230. I'm bitter and sad but I'm winning.
>Disaster bitch 2 shows up. Outbids. I give up at this point but keep watching.
>Shota final price was $400 because of the 2 disaster bitches.
>I never threw my phone so hard against a pillow before.
>>
>>5964520
>>5964733

I meant to buy the suit.

Obvious is not a BJ Doll
>>
>>5965412
Anon, do you have a BJD yet? Or have a particular one in mind you're going to buy? I'd really suggest waiting until you know which one you want, because their body sizes can be really different from brand to brand. Plus, the outfit you posted is a fashion doll outfit. Those are 1/6 scale. Most adult BJD are 1/3 scale. Literally double that size. She'd never be able to fit it.
>>
Damn, just read up on the Bermann thing and I'm at a fucking loss. How are people ok with that? I mean, I understand how you don't agree with those who think Bermann shouldn't be re-released, but the amount of shit talking about those upset about it is crazy.

Fuck man, I never want to buy from Dollshe ever after reading that. And his 28m boys were my grail dolls.
>>
Guys, where can i buy a fully customizable custom doll thats not already assembled? Tried my luck on amazon, but the dolls there are already in a finished state.
>>
>>5962957
>haven't seen any of them

It's a cheapish doll from a cheap company, BUT perhaps the most frustrating thing about cheapasses is they never shop around. They only seem to go by word of mouth and bandwagon. Fairyland could lower the price of 60cms to $300, and some fools would still be buying Cheapwoo and Yderp from AoD.
>>
>>5965837
Unassambled is hard to get.
Some BJD companies agree on shipping a doll unstrung to save on shipping, but that's pretty much it.
Else you mostly get a naked, blank but assembled doll.
Or you buy all single parts of a DD body, butcthat's more expensive than buying a full doll.

I think your best bet are the Pullip MIO Kits.
The doll is completely naked and totally in pieces.
You even need to screw together the eye mechanism.

Is there a reason you want an unassambled doll?

Also I wish people would clarify what kind of doll they are looking for.
In some cases this is not the right place to help, and some questions are so vague a proper answer is difficult to give.
>>
>>5965654
but dollshe hasnt done anything wrong. its the community thats being retarded. why blame him for the shitty community reaction? he never said he would NEVER rerelease bermann. and isn't it far better for the company itself to rerelease a doll, rather than recasters getting their hands on it and selling recast versions first?

honestly the only people who are pissy about it are people who can no longer gloat that they own a bermann, or that the value of the ones they own will drop.
>>
>>5965393
why did you keep bidding when you could have ordered a brand new bory from the company? you can get a new one right now for $232.
>>
I want to place this order from taobao but it's $250 and that just seems like a lot to spend on chinese shit. Last order I placed about 2/3s was trash
>>
>>5966113
>Last order I placed about 2/3s was trash
Well, I guess you get what you pay for...
or maybe not even that.
>>
>>5965848

That's true. Another point I want to add is that most people in this hobby don't realize that this is a LUXURY hobby and that not only the dolls themselves, but the accessories, outfits, eyes, wigs, faceups, even basic doll care are all costly. Even when you DIY it, it will become expensive based on the hardwork, hours, and expensive materials you'll spend on the projects to have a beautiful outcome.
The cheapasses in this hobby think this is toy shit and after they begged their parents for that 200 dollars piece of shit recast or BBB, they get shocked with the expensive price tags of the customization and just use whatever crap they can find while dumpster diving for their dolls. Hence the newbie sock dresses,retarded marble eyes, and 10 dollar furwigs from ebay.
Heck, some don't even use MSC (or other doll-safe alternatives) to protect their dolls becuase it's "too expensive" and therefore why we see many dolls with permanently stained faces.
>>
File: edg030_01.jpg (45KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
edg030_01.jpg
45KB, 333x500px
>>5966183

It's not even that cheap to order from Tao. that order had this, which was IIRC around $30. Alice collection sells it for $58. The quality really is dreadful... the shirt is a tube with lace trim
>>
>>5965837
Doll in Mind used to sell really cheap unassembled doll bodies. Dunno if they still do since the renewal.
>>
>>5966217
Hence the >not even that
part.

You don't even get what you pay for. It could be a rip off.
>>
>>5966074
Nope, Dollshe did a lot wrong.
In fact, Dollshe has been a dick ten years ago already during the original Bermann release.

Sure there are some people who really just want to stay special as Bermann owner.
They stay that anyway, because new Bermann will not be the same.
But you can't deny that Dollshe is a dick with zero business sense, and most people are pissed because of that.
The "oh no, newbies will get Bermann!" people are a small minority.

He made people go through all kinds of bullshit to get a Bermann.
People had to wait way over a year.
He even destroyed a bunch of Bermanns, because he only wanted a certain amount of them out there.
He made people promise they would never sell their Bermann.
He had his weird Bermann club.
Let them write essays to prove they deserve one more than another person.

And then after he vanished and came back people begged him to re-release Bermann.
Again and again.
And he did say he wouldn't bring him back, because he's limited and always was supposed to be limited.

He had a million chances to bring back Bermann, but he does it now, after denying it to people for years AND being behind orders again.
He claims to listen to people and makes a poll, even if he already made his choice.
He has made lengthy rant posts about how 3D sucks and now uses it too.

Not to mention he stole that picture from SDink, who is not very happy about it.
Yes, she does stuff for them, but he's not allowed to just grab stuff from her Flickr and use it.

Instead of bringing back Bermann he should start shipping out orders.
Maybe should have made a realistic Bermann (like David and Grant) afterwards.
Stop making his stupid posts ("weeh weeh my health, I miss my children...OH LOOK FIVE NEW PRE-ORDERS").
Or maybe he should have released Bermann years ago already.
>>
>>5966217
30$ hurts less than 58$ though.
Which is the reason I tend to shop from TB, if it sucks I at least paid a little less for it.

There's also a lot of good stuff there though, but clothes are really a hit or miss, same for wigs.
Eyes and shoes tend to turn out better.
>>
File: CJIFMgJUYAAAm00.jpg (19KB, 411x388px) Image search: [Google]
CJIFMgJUYAAAm00.jpg
19KB, 411x388px
>>5966077
For the same reason mouth breathers like you don't know how to read. Stupidity and stubbornness.

>Price just doesn't taste good anymore but I keep at it because I'm a stubborn bitch.
>>
>>5966074
Dollshee is just a poor man stuck in between the elitism of the community, baaaaawwww.

Fuck off. He is an asshole and the community around dollshe has several reasons to be upset.

"He never promised he would do this and that, don't be like that guys." Go back to tumblr with that shit. Everyone else that actually knows how much of a dickhole he was knows he pretty much wanted to take that fucking sculpt to his grave so no one would be able to make it again. Not even prying it out of his dead cold hands.

And guess what? This hobby has elitism deal with it or fuck off. It happens in any hobby that is a LUXURY hobby and requires big amounts of money. If you don't like it go back to collecting MH dolls or other dolls.
>>
>>5966261
The Dollshe drama is very new to me, but I never understood why people would want to order a doll from someone who is that much of an asshole about it. If he's gonna be that weird and flaky about it to begin with, it was only a matter of time before he changed his mind on his word. He sounds like he's high on his own ego or something.
>>
File: BermannSaint2.jpg (342KB, 694x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BermannSaint2.jpg
342KB, 694x1024px
>>5966717
His dolls were always somewhat special, and until now there are still none that look like his stuff.
So people are willing to keep on going through his bullshit.
Same with people who accepted waiting for a Soom Heliot over a year, or people buying from Fairyland even if their old dolls were better quality.

I just am not sure anymore if he's really just a weird artist guy, or if he just knows it works.
By now I think he's playing with people on purpose.
>>
>>5966074
I used to think like you, anon. They I actually did some research instead of being an ignorant prat.

Let your fingers do some googling before you run your mouth off like a dumbass.
>>
>>5966717
This drama has put me off of ever buying anything from him, but I will admit, there are a lot of his sculpts that I really like and would love to own. Guess I'm just going to have to wait for another company to sculpt something similar.
>>
>>5966113
What you're getting depends on the store you're buying from, obviously.

Yomisama is fine. CLS-Doreen, which is where you're getting those shoes from because I have two of those, are good. Where else are you buying from?

Also those stands are a blessing, just make sure you screw them on right. Expect shipping to be pretty expensive, if this is your first time buying them. They're pretty heavy.
>>
File: IMG_20161013_185110.jpg (151KB, 607x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161013_185110.jpg
151KB, 607x960px
It's not even blushed the correct color and the nipple placement is wrong...yikes.
>>
>>5967057
How do people with such low quality even GET commission work?
>>
>>5967113
I keep asking this.
>>
>>5967113
Connections
>>
>>5965393
>disaster bitch
Love it
>>
>>5965393
This is hilarious and sad. I've done the same thing out of stubbornness and frustration.
I didn't win in the end either but it was a wild 72 hours.
I'm sorry anon for your wasted time, you're probably better off this way anyway.
>>
>>5967136
Connections to what? Dirt? And no eyeballs to see how poor that mod job is?
Iplehouse dolls are expensive. Why wouldn't you spend a good amount of money on a solid mod job?
>>
>>5966198
The sad thing is that most shitty dolls aren't that much cheaper than a decent one. That's what makes it so awful. I was going to buy a 60cm bobobie head a few years to practice on, but there were almost no owner pics. People can say they buy Bobobie because they love the looks, and not because of the price... But it's blatantly not true because almost nobody buys the 60cm or larger dolls. Anyway, $66+ship for a Bobobie head is a crummy deal when plenty of decent companies have $100~120 heads.
>>
>>5967486
I don't think connections are it so much as it is popularity. Crackup is popular as shit on insta. Helps that he's apparently super nice and personable, but his taste, as cringeworthy as it can get, also appeals to the scenester kids who are stuck in the noughties.
>>
>>5967057
Oh wow.
Patchy orange chest with bright pink nipples.

I get that it's hard to find someone who's willing to sand off tits, but at least get someone with an airbrush/someone who knows how men look like outside of yaoi animes for the color/nipples.
>>
I hate the over blushed faceups companies keep doing (peakswood, new grey migidoll tinies, souldoll, soom). I cant see past the faceup 90% of the time and then miss out on a cute head.

Case in point Soom Viol looks so much better than I ever thought and no one bought this fucker so the damn surprise head never comes up second hand.
>>
File: helicoptermom.jpg (71KB, 1094x247px) Image search: [Google]
helicoptermom.jpg
71KB, 1094x247px
is this bitch for fucking real? just saw this in a DOA news thread for a new company with really cute tiny dolls, Dollsian. this is the first comment on it, some sperg who thinks a picture of a doll standing on a chair is dangerous for little kids to see. what the flying fuck? the sad thing is that the company rep actually apologized and changed the picture.
>>
File: 28746426044_d2d96e0073_c.jpg (197KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
28746426044_d2d96e0073_c.jpg
197KB, 600x800px
Raccoon meets mimi from the drew Carey show.
>>
>>5967793
But the majority of the companies you just mentioned show the blank face as well, unless is a re-release. Migi, peak's woods and soul doll all do this. I don't often check their little guys section though.

So, what you mean is I wish soom would do what everyone has asked them to do since forever.
>>
>>5967793
>>5968011

I'll never understand why Soom doesn't show their shit blank. It's not like their sculpting is bad and they have something to hide. If you give the option to buy the doll without a face-up, show it without a damn face-up.

It reminds me of those assholes who sell secondhand and go "Doll comes BLANK with NO EYES, NO WIG, NO CLOTHES," and every single fucking picture is the doll dressed up, with a wig, eyes, and face-up.
>>
>>5968024
Time to contact my lawyer to see if I can sue for false advertisement.
Citing "misleading" "deceptive" photographs of doll product.
>>
>>5967799
Fuck, never thought to see her posted here.
I'm a lurker in the German forum and she's been annoying and unpleasant since day one.

She likes to talk about how she has so much experience (she was into model horses before) and likes to give others advice.
Everything she does looks like total shit though.
For example, her "Spock" (http://i.imgur.com/qjv8uwo.jpg) or her "Tony Stark" (http://i41.tinypic.com/2j0gmqs.jpg).
Or the "Loki" from her icon:
http://up.picr.de/17303802cn.jpg
and his wig:
http://up.picr.de/17303804lc.jpg

She modded the fuck out of an Iplehouse body once because she disliked his posing and claimed they couldn't sit.
She got angry when people told her that they in fact can sit (incl. posting pictures) and they weren't too amazed of her modding qualities (the mod: http://i.imgur.com/zgLgM4t.jpg).

She even asked to be placed into the "advanced" group during the Secret Santa, instead of beginner.
I honestly feel sorry for whoever gets her shit.

Not surprised at all to see that she writes such a comment.
WIsh she would finally fuck off with her fugly self-made stuff and her bloated ego.
>>
File: 982981982598.jpg (85KB, 650x1066px) Image search: [Google]
982981982598.jpg
85KB, 650x1066px
>>5967799
what the fuck is her vagina spawn supposed to be even doing in DoA or even looking at it, or her letting it look at it? Don't you have to be 18 to sing up to begin with? So obviously is not a website for shitstorms to even glance at.
>>
>>5968096
What the fuck are those dolls??????
She is clearly missing a handful of chromosomes.
>>
Hey guys, legit question. I make doll jewelry and have a convention coming up. I'm trying to diversify inventory, but I want to make things that people want. So far inventory is mostly:

>Beaded jewelry, usually simple two strand woven things with glass and gemstones, sometimes swarovski drops
>Chain jewelry with antique sterling silver or silver-plated charms
>Cheapo chain with cheapo charms
>Single strand beaded thing

What kinds of things interest you guys, generally? I've had mixed reactions between people who really want precious materials and who are totally happy with glass as long as it's shiny, but the work that goes into the design is ultimately the same for me.

Pictured, something I made a while ago.
>>
>>5966734
I did check out their site to see what it was all about, not my cup of tea but I can see how some people like the sculpts. Still don't see it worth all that madness though; I wouldn't be surprised if he is just messing with people now like you said.

>>5966993
Yeah. Even if I did like the sculpts, that many issues puts me off of the company altogether either way. I'm sure another company will pop up eventually with a kinda similar aesthetic.

>>5967799
Oh wow, you gotta be kidding me. If she actually thinks that's bad, she should've seen that Doll Chateau abused looking doll promo shoot last year.
>>
>>5968171
Its 13 and up actually. There's a lot of underagers on there. I agree that its retarded as fuck though as that's clearly far out of the 'copying shit from pictures/tv' phase of childhood.
>>
File: 082036000277.jpg (123KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
082036000277.jpg
123KB, 500x750px
>>5967799
This shit reminds me of the bitch that complained about Dollmore Lawrence's Film Noir set. She claimed he's too gorey and makes light of serial killers.
>knew her IRL
>is goth and collects horror/zombie stuff
>has plans with her husband to create full set of Metalocalypse dolls
>but Lawrence's trickle of blood and naked blurry dolls in background is just too traumatizing
>>
>>5968742
I'd be interested in anything, as long as the scale is good. I pass up a LOT of items because the scale is off. Any material can look good, but scale can be messed up so easy.
>>
File: uncletom.jpg (37KB, 664x733px) Image search: [Google]
uncletom.jpg
37KB, 664x733px
Kayke strikes again.

In a time where Walmart and Disney get boycotted for ymmv blackface Halloween costumes and with the BJD hobby at large constantly shitting themselves over social justice, how has she not gotten the piss beaten out of her for this shit?

Does it take her doing this doll up with gold teeth, a do-rag, and eating fried chicken and watermelon while asking where all them white bitches at?
>>
>>5969095
I literally had to close this a second after it loaded, looking at it makes me uncomfortable...
Is it SUPPOSED to look like a creepy drunk trying to pick me up?
>>
>>5969095
I don't even get what she's doing. She posts a new 'sculpture' every day and they're all weird as shit and unfinished/blobby with those same broken demon hands.
>>
>>5949208
Wanted to hop into this thread and say a recaster by the name of Gao Shun plans on recasting these, in case it hasn't been said yet.

Also, first time posting here. Hi.
>>
>>5963198
Fairyland Pukipukis go for about $170.
>>
>>5967594
Crackup is a guy who's married to another man. So you'd THINK he'd know more about male anatomy....
>>
>>5969267
Cisguy or transguy?

Wouldn't matter though because google exist. Use a reference picture, it's not that hard.
>>
>>5969267
I'm a lesbian and I can say I know more about male anatomy coz I do this weird thing called research.
>>
>>5965393
This is why I only ever snipe.
>>
File: bagofdicks.png (15KB, 912x182px) Image search: [Google]
bagofdicks.png
15KB, 912x182px
>>5967799
I've been noticing more crazies on DoA active than normal. People flipped out over the kid in a bag from DC.
I saved this one because I had a chuckle over this problem transaction. The Spiritdoll (I think) body came stained and was missing his -optional parts-.

>>5968096
>>5969095
>Jesuschristhowhorrifying.jpg
>>
New thread >>5969462

I'm a damn fool and forgot to put the title on it though >>5969462

Apologies if you have trouble finding it for the next couple of weeks >>5969462
>>
>>5969095
What depresses me is that other artist she gave 'advice' to who actually made a cute doll and Kayke ruined it
>>
>>5968096
The sound that came out of my mouth when I saw that hack job iplehouse mod.....why would you DO that.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.