[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NECA General: Friendship Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 63

File: 20161001_184322.png (1MB, 960x929px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_184322.png
1MB, 960x929px
Ultimate Evil Dead 2 Ash, Ultimate NOES3 Freddy, and New Nightmare Freddy shipping now, Ash vs Evil Dead showing up in stores soon, and GMK Godzilla just around the corner. TRU-exclusive GITD AVP Xeno available now.

Want more dates? Shipping calendar here

http://necaonline.com/events

Missed out on the Shredder and Foot Clan set? Hope you're going to NYCC

Have a QC problem and live in the US? Hop on Twitter, tweet @NECA_CS and they will hook you up. Don't have twitter? Too bad, get one and follow @NECA_TOYS for all the juicy news straight from Randy Falk

Have a problem with someone's opinion? Too bad, get over it. Be decent and don't ruin the thread. Seriously.

Last thread >>5923601
>>
>>5943683

Bought my first NECA figures ever. Too bad I get money on Fridays, and they apparently don't ship on Saturdays, so I'll be waiting until Monday for them to ship.
>>
>>5943781
What was it?
>>
>>5943784

Ash VS Evil Dead's blue shirt Ash (Hero Ash?) and the albino bendy tongue'd drone.
>>
>shin godzilla doesn't come out until 2017...
>>
>>5943792
>Thrall, Sylvanas, Reynor, and Diablo don't come out til late this year
feels bad man
>>
My ash vs evil dead figs came in from eBay yesterday, and they are peeeeeerfect. They even give you an extra power glove stump to attach the chainsaw to. Very clever!

Love the fleshy pladtic used, too. It's beautiful.
>>
>>5943892
>Love the fleshy pladtic used, too. It's beautiful.

In pictures it looks real cheap and shiny, like something between Matrix/Rambo and Ripley. How's it in person?

Apparently they're considering using that style for the Hicks/Hudson 2pack and I'd be really disappointed. I own the 2 original Hicks releases and think they look so much better than the unpainted flesh figures I have.
>>
>>5943908

Eh I prefer the molded fleshy plastic since light tends to hit them better compared to out and out painted plastic which can look gloppy.

Heck, if what you say is the case, I'd actually be tempted to replace my existing figures of Hicks and Hudson whereas I'd have passed on the 2-pack if they looked the same.
>>
>>5943946
Different views for different jews, I guess. I'm sure there's plenty out there with heavy handed paint jobs that appear gloppy, but in my experience I haven't seen that and prefer it to the shiny appearance of the ones I mentioned. I like how when Mattel picked up the WWE license, one of the things they did was make sure the skin had a more matte appearance as opposed to Jakks Pacific's real shiny stuff, which looked even worse than the NECA ones. Not sure what the difference is. Might just mean I need to learn about drybrushing or just spray the heads with some top coat. I guess I'll poke around in the customs thread.
>>
>>5943908

It looks great, not sure where you're getting "cheap" from. It looks like human flesh, and it captures the sculpting REALLY well. All of Bruce's wrinkles and scars, it's goddamn impressive.
>>
>>5943977
Unpainted plastic looks cheaper than painted plastic.

Because it is.
>>
>>5943977
Human skin isn't shiny and doesn't look like plastic. Paint reduces that. There's a huuuge difference between Ash/Ripley/John Matrix and Hicks/Hudson/Ultimate Terminators.
>>
>>5944062
Human skin ain't flat-colored either and the molded skin color at least gives off realistic shadows than than being completely flat flesh overall.

>tfw I prefer the paint on my Ripley/Dutch over Hicks/Hudson
The Terminators I can live with since they're only trying to simulate human skin anyway.

I mean you know, different strokes for different folks but calling them shiny still feels like an exaggeration when they look really, they fine in person.
>>
>>5944077
>when they look really, they fine in person

Well that does happen to be what I asked >>5943908
>>
>>5944062
>>5944058
Stop basing your opinion on internet pictures that had to use strong lighting to show the details, because in normal lighting it isn't shiny and the skin texture actually gives it a matte look.
>>
>>5944077
>>5944080

Also "flat colored" and "matte" aren't exactly the same thing (yes, I know the definition of matte, but focus on the "without shine" part as opposed to "flat" which typically refers to a single color as opposed to painting a base coat and then highlights). I just prefer it to glossy, which seems more toyish than realistic.
>>
>>5944081
Again, I specifically said it looked that way IN PICTURES, and then referenced figures I actually own which I'm not particularly satisfied with compared to other figures which I also own and referenced.
>>
>>5944080
Not this anon >>5944081 but I get what you mean. Personally the pictures always horrify me since they DO look shiny. But in-hand, so far I've been pleased with them a lot more than figures that are fully painted.

>>5944084
That's true. Actually, while I'm fine with them as-is, I'd be curious how the plastic would look with a clear matte overcoat.

Has anyone ever tried modding their NECA figures like that?
>>
Got my Hero Ash in today as well and damn, it's really good. Articulation is better than I thought, he's got a decent ankle pivot, double jointed elbows, and decent range of motion in the legs.

Accessories are cool too, and I like the headsculpts.

I wish the left hand had a hinge, but other than that I'm pretty damn pleased.
>>
>>5944136

Can we get some pics of the more extreme poses he can pull off?
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 800x1066px
>>5944137
Pardon the shitty flash picture, I didn't feel like setting up my lightbox.

Rights leg is posed as far as I can get it to with his foot still flat on the ground, chainsaw arm posed with how far the elbow joints go inward, and his waist is going as far forward as it can.
>>
>>5944136
>I wish the left hand had a hinge

What's holding it on the forearm? A ball? Nothing but a swivel?
>>
>>5944254
Nothing but a swivel
>>
>>5944259
: (

I guess it's not a deal breaker, but still. Increase articulation here, reduce it there.
>>
>>5944245
Is his waist ball jointed or swivel?
>>
>>5944269

Does NECA not know Japan exists or something? Or do they just not feel the need to add as much articulation as possible? I'd definitely eat the cost if they went to $25-30 on average if it meant full on Japan-tier articulation.
>>
>>5944276
Feels like a swivel. It goes forward a little bit, but it's almost negligible.
>>
>>5944278
I feel the same way, their sculpts are great and if they had better articulation they would be perfect.
>>
>>5944286
Sometimes it feels like they can't shake their McFarlane past and sculpt statues and then put in articulation later. I know that's actually the case for some releases, and it's still better than the shit McF has been doing with their new line, but it's usually just seems not really up to par, just good enough. It wouldn't even require major changes either, just little things here and there.
>>
File: 1468189257392.jpg (433KB, 2048x1928px) Image search: [Google]
1468189257392.jpg
433KB, 2048x1928px
Just noticed Eligos has nipples.
>>
>>5944292

All they'd really need to do is switch to a figma/revo style joint system of small ball joints with inbuilt hinges. It really wouldn't change much in terms of the sculpts themselves.
>>
>>5944303
Hey, that's cool. It's hard to come across nipples on mass produced toys.
>>
>>5944278
>Does NECA not know Japan exists or something?
I actually wonder about this, though something tells me they might have already taken cues from some Japanese manufacturers.

In particular, I've barely seen any other Western company use the "diaper" hip joint scheme, and by the time NECA started adding more joints on their figure that kind of hip joint has practically been a norm for Japanese figures especially those that try to maintain a "clothed" look to their torsos.

Still I'll admit that I appreciate the effort, especially since their AvED figures are actually some of the better articulated figures they've produced, even compared to their Ultimate line.
>>
File: DSC_00012.jpg (188KB, 1322x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_00012.jpg
188KB, 1322x800px
Ordered these two the other day. For some reason the BLU Demoman was $10 cheaper than the RED.
>>
File: nightadder-26.jpg (73KB, 490x650px) Image search: [Google]
nightadder-26.jpg
73KB, 490x650px
>>5944326
>NECA toys "mass produced"
They're not even the same league as GI Joes, muchless other mass market toys like MLs and anything Mattel shits out.

Have a GI Joe with nipples n tattoos
>>
>>5944276

There's a ball joint in there. It's slightly limited due to the rubber clothes, but yeah.
>>
>>5944278

Here's the thing, YOU may be willing to eat the cost, everyone else they're trying to sell toys to, wouldnt.

People on /toy/ don't scoff at an imported figure that runs you $50-$70 a figure, that has articulation and accessories galore. America doesn't work that way. Neca has to fit a certain price point not just for their AMERICAN consumers, but also what Toys R Us and other retailers wants.

This goes back to Walmart. If they say "Give us a toy we can sell for $15" then NECA has to cost up a figure within that price range. Meaning cut paint, articulation, time in sculpting, etc.

This has nothing at all to do with whether they know "Japan exists" or not. America just isn't willing to work or pay the way Japan produces things.

We are VERY lucky we only pay $20-$22 for these figures as is.
>>
>>5944710

This. NECA is ridiculously underpriced.
>>
>>5944710
>We are VERY lucky we only pay $20-$22 for these figures as is.

I wouldn't go that far, especially considering how much of their releases are based heavily on reuse.

The stuff they put into Walmarts weren't exactly the most resource intensive figures.
>>
>>5944844

Because you don't know any better. Reuse is exactly what keeps the prices down, you DO realize that, right?
>>
>>5944710
>This has nothing at all to do with whether they know "Japan exists" or not. America just isn't willing to work or pay the way Japan produces things.

Well some of the stuff specifically mentioned is already being done domestically, like the wrist joints on the new Power Ranger Legacy line. They're not implemented in the best way, but that's more dude to BoA's incompetence rather than the joints themselves. We're not saying NECA should effectively copy Figuarts or Figma blueprints and such, just saying that little things here and there would yield great improvements with minimal effort (like the wrist joint system as mentioned a couple times).

>>5944499
Hey man if I can buy it in TRU that's mass-produced enough for me, especially considering they probably get made in similar numbers to recent GI Joes since those are TRU exclusive and seemingly kinda a failure.

I really wonder how much Hastings going under affects NECA's business. There was like 126 locations, say each got a case or two, plus their online stock. That's a pretty significant loss of orders that can't be good, especially when there's less places that their product would thrive in like FYE, Sam Goody, or Suncoast.
>>
>>5944844
Is that a problem though? We see reused bodies on ML galore, which goes for about the same price and hardly has the same attention to sculpt or paint, imho it's good that they have a way to better milk a figure, if anything it helps the new stuff from the same lines to be produced, see Aliens Warrior for example, they repainted it several times now, but if people keep buying it means there's a profitable market for those repaints and by cashing on that market they are getting more money, "Aliens sell super well, we might as well toss a few new human sculpts in the waves to attend the demands of the more dedicated collectors", how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>5944494
Red's usually used as the protagonists in the videos and comics.

They also got released first for at least the first wave, if I remember right.
>>
>>5944874

But it's not going to mesh with the style of figure they're doing. That's the thing.
>>
>>5944870
Yeah, that's uh, why I pointed it out. For years they built their entire Predator line on a small handful of bodies. The Alien line is huge reuse with minimal paint additions to new ones with occasional new tooling. They even just said that they won't do a new Kyle Reese since it can't be repainted into Snake from Metal Gear.

So saying this, at a certain point you're not really "lucky" to be paying $X for the same thing over and over. Afterall they did just release what is essentially the same new AVP Pred six or seven times if you count the new AVP 2pack. These ultimate figures are only partially new with most of it being made up of reuse, and they're not really a fabulous value in some cases (looking at you, VGA T800 and Dog Xeno) . Right now it's fine, at times pretty good, but hardly anything I'd consider myself "lucky" over.

I did some work with Walmart corporate and used that opportunity to look into my own interests and the margins on toys aren't that great on a retail level. I think a lot of you would be surprised (quick example: Walmart only gets $5 profit per Marvel Legend sold at MSRP).

>>5944875
>We see reused bodies on ML galore, which goes for about the same price and hardly has the same attention to sculpt

Ah, but consider this: often reuse on Legends is exaggerated and is about the sameish as any given Predator (and in some case more/less,). On top of that, ML is produced in MUCH higher numbers for different consumers (they're still basically children's toys). I'm not sure how you measure attention to sculpt, but they work in a good number of totally newly tooled figures throughout the ML line, and those tend to be pretty detail-intensive (it's Gentle Giant doing the work after all). Not really a 1:1 comparison because their models are so different from pretty much every aspect other than being action figures.

>>5944883
I don't know why you think they wouldn't? It's all about how it's done, now necessarily what is done.
>>
>>5944918

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>5944875
Whoops, ran out of room. Anyway, reuse itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just when you consider yourself lucky to pay an amount for something that increases profit margins for them with every re-release. Newt is all new as far as we know, but every other one has been made with reuse or reuse in mind, which, in and of itself isn't bad. My issue is just the idea that it's a privilege to buy these.

I don't think they need dedicated sculpts for every release, but it wouldn't have killed them for some of these Kenner releases to be more unique considering they're sure to repaint them before too long. An extra beefy Xeno body can go a long way.

That said, there have been a good number of totally unique sculpts to come out from NECA, and they're wonderful. I've always been more than happy to support them when done well. I just won't consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to buy the same Xeno over and over.
>>
>>5944938
And I suppose you think you do?
>>
>>5944918
>they won't do a new Kyle Reese since it can't be repainted into Snake from Metal Gear.

/v/ here, just came in to say fuck Konami, because this is probably their fault.
>>
>>5945016
I think it would be doable if they weren't trying to make 3D versions of 2d 8bit sprites, but Konami apparently didn't "get it," so they've moved on from trying anything else.

So yeah it's their fault.
>>
>>5944945
More than you, by far.

>>5944940
Yes, it would have killed them to more unique sculpting on the Kenner figures. That shit doesn't cost out for what they're trying to do. If it becomes entirely infeasible to DO the line due to tooling and everything else, they're not going to do it.

You don't seem to understand anything about how these productions work or why they do what they do. You're extremely foolish.
>>
>>5945026

It's not their fault at all. Are you that dense? They can only do what a company allows. Capcom was the same way with Resident Evil.
>>
>>5945034
And if Konami doesn't allow it, it's their fault.

That's not really hard to understand.
>>
>>5945031
They do what they do to maximize profit with minimal investment.

If you have access to all their business ledgers and spreadsheets I'm sure you'd know that, since you think you know everything. It cool that their business manager and accountant posts here though.
>>
>>5945094

I have great pity for any place that someone like you works at. You seem intent on running a place into the ground.
>>
>>5944938
>anon gives a well thought out response
>even gives pricing examples
>"lel you dont know what your talking about"
>>5945031
>"I know much much more but will not prove you should just take my word for it

Fucking Neca shills I swear, nu-moot should shut this board down.
>>
>>5945166
>muh shills response
>if I call everyone a shill they can't argue back! That'll show them!
>>
>>5944918
>>5944940

I think you're giving Hasbro some undeserved benefit of the doubt.

They seem to be on a downward trend of cutting as many corners as possible, they've pretty much raped their 3.75 lines, and pretty much anal reamed collectors of some entire lines (GI Joe).

You can't just point to ML when looking at bodies (which are reused more than you seem to be giving them credit for) but their other stuff. GI Joe pretty much exists only as repaints and exclusives (which are also almost always repaints) at 500% markups, so they're basically cutting corners everywhere, in order to make Marvel Legends and the 6" SW Black series "Ok-ish" lines.

Repaints and reuses makes sense in some places, and it just can't be avoided in a lot of others because of cost efficiency.

I've never understood why people got so mad about the Predator line. If anyone actually bothers to look at the sources of most of the EU Predators in the comics and games and stuff like that, by design in their sources, they're almost always just slightly off-color Jungle Hunters, or if you're lucky, they're slightly off colored City Hunters or AvP Predators.

They've always made new bodies where applicable, and that's when they do the important Predators--the movie ones. The Super Predators have their own unique body, JH has a unique body, CH has a unique body, the AvP preds have their own unique body, and they've said Wolf will have a unique body.

Then its just repainting those for throw away background characters, but they usually sculpt new armor parts, weapons, heads, masks, etc to give them their own unique look.

They've also said the Kenner figures aren't really for everyone, and plenty of people don't like them to begin with. They're probably the most cut-corner figures NECA has done on purpose, because the demand for them is a little lower than for other waves. So they do what they can to get them out to people while trying to be cost efficient.
>>
>>5945173
Like you make any sort of argument anyway, shill.
>>
>>5945271
Considering the guy doesn't know how toy companies work and keeps think g they can do as they please without consequences, I think you and he need to fuck right off.
>>
>>5944918
>often reuse on Legends is exaggerated
You can't be serious
>all those pizza spidey body reuses
>all those female teen body reuses
>all those bucky cap reuses
I know a lot of people shit on hasbro legends because of it, but they aren't wrong about them reusing the same molds that have problems
>>
>>5945366

But that's not even a problem. Do you have any idea how much money it'd take to produce ALL the MLs they do and not have reuse? You people don't seem to get the line wouldn't be doable at all otherwise.
>>
>>5944878
also, reds are objectify better team.
>>
>>5945307
How about you him and me get a room and fuck right off ey champ ;^)
>>
Anyone have the sdcc arcade turtles that come from China? Curious about quality. I see them for about original retail price, so I'm assuming they can't be THAT bad.
>>
>>5944245
Looks pretty good to me. He never does any crazy poses in the show.
I'd want more out of an Army of Darkness Ash though.
Speaking of which, do they still have the license? I'd love an updated AoD Ash
>>
>>5945477
>He never does any crazy poses in the show.

Well, he is what, 50+? 60+? He ain't gonna be backflipping up and down the halls or doing kung fu jump kicks and splits like a gymnast.

However, I would totally like it if the toys could do all that. Since, y'know. Toys.
>>
>>5945488
>Since, y'know. Toys.

Best argument for better articulation I've seen.
>>
>>5945497

I honestly can't tell if thats legit or sarcasm. But I do earnestly believe it being a toy is a good argument for being able to do crazy shit with it's articulation. It doesn't have to be Revoltech-Tier or anything, but the closer things get to at least figma tier, the better, right? It's not like adding articulation will require more plastic, just better use of the plastic.
>>
>>5945506
I was being 100% serious. I do agree with you it's ideal for action figures to be as articulated as possible without taking away from detail too much.
>>
>>5945477
>AoD license

I dont think they do, but I cant see them passing it up or refusing to do it.
>>
>>5945366
No, I'm not saying those don't exist. But look at the line as a whole. Sure, there's more than a handful of X body + new head, but so many more have newly sculpted parts or are unique from the ground up. Take a look at the Strange wave. There's effectively four straight re-releases or x+new head, but then you have totally new movie sculpts and Nico, plus Iron Fist gets new pieces in his affects and hand swaps. So yeah while there's a lot of reuse in the line, I personally believe they make up for it more often than not with the newly tooled parts and accessories, plus all the new heads as opposed to just repainting the same ones (which, to be fair, is often appropriate for many Predators and Xenos).

Like mo said though, ML is a much more popular line made in much larger numbers by a way bigger company for a way more popular property, so it's not a 1:1 comparison.
>>
File: Take Forever Man.jpg (146KB, 1300x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Take Forever Man.jpg
146KB, 1300x1133px
I don't ever remember waiting this long for a figure to come out.

Come on out nigga!
>>
>>5945565
Lots of new sculpted pieces, cool accessories, painted nets, and upgraded articulation. NECA, you get my extra $5 for this.
>>
>>5945565
Goddamn he looks nice.
>>
So, quick question: What is the absolute BEST (best in terms of articulation) NECA Predator?
>>
>>5945652
any of the AVP preds.
>>
>>5945652
Right now it's the 7 AVP figures. They all use the same setup and are by far the most articulated figures they've made. Since the base is the same it's really up to you to pick which one you think looks best.

If you wait, by January new versions of the Jungle Hunter and City Hunter will be out on new bodies with the upgraded articulation.
>>
>>5945652
All AvP Preds have great articulation.
Temple Guard have the most accessories.
>>
File: sir.jpg (114KB, 1000x1074px) Image search: [Google]
sir.jpg
114KB, 1000x1074px
>Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store.
>>
>>5945656
>>5945658
>>5945691

Alright, thanks. I'll look up some reviews.
>>
>>5945695
Can you put the wooden hand on Hero Ash?
>>
>>5945748
Are you asking if I can, or if I would?

The parts are all swappable, so yes, all hands and bits can swap between the figures.
>>
>>5945753
Just if it's possible. Been wondering since the first images were released.
>>
>>5945565
Yep, and I've also been waiting for Scarface for even longer.
We can survive this.
>>
File: neca-scar-predator.jpg (59KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
neca-scar-predator.jpg
59KB, 640x400px
>>5946408
I feel you bro, being waiting for Scarface for years, can't believe we are so close now!
>>
>>5946577
Here's a touching story.
I wanted the whole wave 16 as a kickass birthday present.
Now, I'm gonna be 21 in like 3 weeks.
I'm not gonna make it, am I?
>>
File: CsfHoXfXgAEoxFC.jpg (161KB, 606x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CsfHoXfXgAEoxFC.jpg
161KB, 606x1200px
>>5946585
You will Anon, and with really badass figures, we all will.
>>
>>5946589
Is the blue Warrior announced yet properly? I didn't see any preorders go up
>>
File: 1475176227200.jpg (72KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
1475176227200.jpg
72KB, 800x477px
>>5946723
Not that i'm aware, they did announced the pink one (pic related) though, which actually makes me think that it would be very cool if they released all versions (old and new ones) with an extra egg, facehugger and chestburster like that.
>>
File: 1475176306076.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475176306076.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>>5946727
>>
File: 1416912246130.png (22KB, 124x128px) Image search: [Google]
1416912246130.png
22KB, 124x128px
>>5946728
does the facehugger tail have a bendy wire inside?
>>
>>5946727
I hope the yellow one gets released too. There's just something really funny to me about having this dark and horrifying monster in an array of bright cheery colors. I got the green one in the other day, and it's become one of my favorite Neca figures.
>>
>>5946756
Yes, so far all facehuggers had bendy wire tails.
>>5946760
I'm not a big fan of repaints myself, but i gotta admit that the green gitd one looks awesome, same for Albino, will probably skip the Arcade Xenos though, they doo look nice but have to save money somewhere for the new Preds.
>>
>>5946756
you can see the one in the packaging with the tail straight.
So my guess is.... yes?
>>
>>5946727
>>5946728

Still waiting for Alien Vs. Predator arcade stuff.

Especially cyborg Ahnuld.
>>
>>5946792
Just recently Randy said that Capcom has no say over the Preds or Dutch but they own Linn

He also said Konami had no rights over their TMNT game stuff though because the original game was a license, and while that may be true of the figures I'm pretty sure Konami still owns assets they created for the game, including the backgrounds they put on the boxes
>>
File: aliens-2_3.jpg (47KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-2_3.jpg
47KB, 620x349px
Think NECA will do a blonde Ripley & green Hicks from the arcade? Could come with that giant egg too.
>>
>>5946866
I'd say it's entirely plausible. Not something I want immediately, but that'd be kinda neat.

I really did love playing that game as a kid. Getting the power loader at the end to fight the queen was the best.
>>
>>5946826

What about cyborg-armed Dutch?
>>
>>5946897
>>5946866
I dont have the time to look but Randy shot down a blonde Ripley a few months ago. Things can change though.
>>
>>5944494
Red figures come first, and like other anon said, red are the "main character colors" while blue are more like the antagonist or the loosing team.

And for the Smoker, he is great....
But Mine just got an issue, the plastic of his croach stress out or something when try to pull the figure into a more open leg pose, and it broke.
I can still kind of fit it in place, but dont try to make your smoker do a huge split with out being sure the joints are moving.
>>
File: IMG_5750.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5750.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>5946938
Here is what happen to the smoker
Let's take it easy, this was partially my fault for not thinking it could break from that part
And just want to put the example pictures so he doesn't comment the same mistake
I have like 51 neca figures, and have problems with mainly with 5...
>>
>>5946953
Do you still have the plastic piece from the inside? If so you might ve able to fix that with a tinny bit of super glue.
>>
>>5943781
>>5943790

And my stuff shipped today. Should be here by Weds, I hope.

After watching the 2nd season opening for Ash VS Evil Dead, it's gonna be a hard 2 days of waiting.
>>
>>5947395

I want an sdcc exclusive Spring Break/Florida Ash.

With Eli.
>>
>>5947409

Fuck exclusive bullshit, just release a regular version in that Florida shirt, that'd be great.

Maybe include a bunch of beers/mugs/cocktail drinks with it too as accessories. And a smiling head.
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 794x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 794x864px
>>5944136
The paper insert in the box makes a sweet backdrop. I love this figure, can't wait to get the others soon.
>>
>>5947470
man, wonder when BBTS is getting these in
>>
>>5947614

Just buy it off eBay from NECA's eBay store.
>>
>>5947622
I'm assuming he's waiting on a pre-order
>>
>>5947627

You can cancel PO's on BBTS and suffer no drawbacks long as the item hasn't come in yet.
>>
>>5947632
Ah, I didn't know that. Never bought from there before.
>>
>>5947622
It'd be around $10 more. Might've considered it when they first went up on eBay if I'd known, but it could be any time now.
>>
>>5947667

It's MSRP on eBay because NECA's selling them from their own store. Go check man. I'd post a link to it, but y'know, 4chan doesn't like links to eBay shit.
>>
>>5947671
Yeah, they're $22 each and the shipping for one is $7.75+$4 for each additional item. BBTS has em for $20 each with estimated $5 shipping total for multiple items. Dunno if BBTS is gonna fuck me over on shipping when they actually charge me though, first time I've preordered from them.

Not sure about the additional cost on their eBay store either, it says $4 at the top of the shipping box, then $2.50 down in the section with the methods.

I'm getting both the Ash's. Tempted to change the order to have Eligos too now that people are posting pics of him in hand and he looks really good.
>>
File: One12-Judge-Dredd-Mezco-008.jpg (92KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
One12-Judge-Dredd-Mezco-008.jpg
92KB, 1200x900px
>>5944710
>America just isn't willing to work or pay the way Japan produces things
I don't think it isn't even that.

It's the fact that collectors in America want better sculpt and paint on their toys, which means cutting back on articulation and other things that would affect the sculpt.
Lines like Mezco's One:12 line shows that there's a lot of demand for nicer looking toys that are much more expensive that aren't necessarily better articulated than other modern 1:12 lines.
>>
>>5948004
>It's the fact that collectors in America want better sculpt and paint on their toys, which means cutting back on articulation and other things that would affect the sculpt.

But when will they learn that you can have both?
>>
File: OOB3.jpg (983KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
OOB3.jpg
983KB, 1520x2688px
>>
File: OOBWH2.jpg (971KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
OOBWH2.jpg
971KB, 1520x2688px
>>5948022
Despite the long ass shipping and constant delays... NECA makes some good shiet recently.
>>
File: DCC Batman Articula.jpg (75KB, 832x470px) Image search: [Google]
DCC Batman Articula.jpg
75KB, 832x470px
>>5948015
>you can have both
In theory, but its rare where it's actually possible like pic
>>
>>5948086
>but its rare where it's actually possible

I dunno about that, a lot of japanese figures pull it off. Then again, they also charge out the ass for them and people seem to hamhand them apart all the time...
>>
>>5948108
> a lot of japanese figures pull it off.
Sure, but only with anime figures. Even then, it's mostly little girls.
Everything else is a huge disappointment.
>>
>>5948117
There's nothing little about that girl at all
>>
>>5944494
>We'll never get a Medic figure to go with the Heavy because NECA decided to make an Engineer accessory kit and comically bad Spy first
>>
>>5948253
>Engineer accessory kit
For real?
>>
Stronk wimminz
>>
File: IMG_0174.jpg (537KB, 1774x1774px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.jpg
537KB, 1774x1774px
>>5948358
Forgot pic
>>
>>5948360

The one in the middle literally looks like she's wearing a diaper. The fuck went wrong there?
>>
File: IMG_1015 (1280x853).jpg (594KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1015 (1280x853).jpg
594KB, 1280x853px
It's not a big collection, but it's mine. Not bad for only buying the figures I want that I see in store.

I did buy an otachi online though.
>>
>>5948360
What's the best Ripley out there?
>>
File: figuarts captain and captain.jpg (329KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts captain and captain.jpg
329KB, 1280x960px
>>5948131
No shit?
It's a disappointing figure.

It's rare as hell where you can have both looks and poseability, because there's always a budget to maintain and the company's skills. Not to mention what fans are asking the companies for, which isn't always what /toy/ cries about.
>>
>>5948015
Not without rape prices you can't.
>>
>>5948360
>bald diaper Ripley
>from the worst movie in the franchise

No thanks
>>
>>5948558
>worst movie

Someone's a little young to be posting on 4chan.
>>
>>5948558
>worst movie in the franchise
>not Alien: Resurrection
>not AVP: Requiem
>not Prometheus
How can one person have such shit taste?
>>
>>5948358
>>5948360
Still wish NECA had the license for Mad Max figures so we could add Furiosa into the pile.
>>
>>5948558

Pleb.
>>
>>5948558
Extanded version is only not better than Alien and Aliens, bit still better than all the rest.
Also, Dog Alien is the best Neca Xeno by far.
>>
>>5948582
Resurrection > 3

Fight me.
>>
>>5948698
I like them both. 3 is a good horror movie. Resurrection is a campy action movie. With some decent horror of its own. The Newborn is still the most legitimately disturbing thing in the series for me.

At least we can all agree that AvP:R is garbage, right?
>>
File: 1300x-UltimateAsh1-.jpg (172KB, 1040x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1300x-UltimateAsh1-.jpg
172KB, 1040x1300px
So I know they recently rereleased this and said they'd rerelease hero ash soon. Should I just she'll out and buy the hero ash that's already out? Or are the new legs worth the wait?

I'm getting this one anyway, though, with the hand it's actually a pretty great evil dead 1 ash
>>
>>5948727

I would wait. There's a chance we'll get a couple extras with the new Hero Ash. Plus the new legs are a pretty big improvement.
>>
>>5948369

I have those exact black shelves so I feel for you when you inevitably catch shit on here for visible dust. They are impossible to keep clean.
>>
>>5948718
I like the predalien design and the part where the aliens kill the army guys.

Also I wish every unnecessary romance ended like one in there. Darn shame, she seemed like a gor who'd stick around.

But other than that, Pred was OP, acid was inconsistent, characters were awful and mostly unnecessary, and it was too damn dark to see.
>>
>>5948584
Would do terrible things for a nice Furiosa.
>>
>>5948804
I really want an Immortan Joe figure. It sucks that such a toyetic character that looks like an 80s cartoon villain doesn't get a toy.
>>
>>5948799
Gor=girl
>>
>>5948799
Agreed, i too liked the Predalien, also, the "let's impregnate the pregnant women" part was pretty creepy, probably the most rapey thing since the first Alien, other than that, yeah, movie isn't that good, se will probably like the figures though.
>>
>>5948850
Aliens eating fetuses seems to be a thing for the directors as they did it again in their next movie.
>>
>>5948869
Makes sense though, doesn't it, plenty of predators in nature would eat the extra-soft meat that pregnant females and babies must provide.
>>
>>5948872
Feels like shock schlock to me.
>>
Hey guys, I'm new here on the neca thread.
I recently bought the hots tyrael figure and want to buy sylvanas. However after watching some reviews i heard that the nova figure from hots is extremely fragile and that that's a known issue withe neca figures (of slender characters). Should i expect similar problems with sylvanas and leave her in the package?
>>
>>5949399
Probably won't be an issue as QC issues seem to be far more minimal with Neca than they used to be. That said Nova is fairy susceptible and does feel a bit fragile, but she'll be fine so long as you don't go whole hog. Sylv hasn't been released yet, so I can't tell you for sure, but I would optimistically say no. That said, if you intend to buy her anyways go for it and just wait for a few reviews before deciding if you want to open her up or not.
>>
File: 160.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
160.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Let's Rooock!!
>>
>>5948418
RIPLEY POWER RANKINGS

1.AMANDA RIPLEY
2.ALIEN 1 RIPLEY
3.ALIEN 3 RIPLEY
4.COMPRESSION SUIT AMANDA
5.COMPRESSION SUIT RIPLEY
6. ALIENS RIPLEY/KENNER RIPLEY (I am not a fan of her 'ho hum' looking face)
>>
>>5947727
BBTS is great with their shipping. I save up my entire order over 6 month stretches (my birthday is in June so for Christmas and my birthday I just get all the toys I preordered) and I've never paid more than like $7 shipping
>>
>>5949434
I honestly think the AVP design is my favorite xeno look. The smooth head with the super long tail just works for me.
>>
>>5946900
Dutch is presumably covered as he's just Arnold. Whether they'll actually make him with his big ass robot arm, I dunno
>>
>>5946866
Hicks is possible but Randy said Ripley isn't different enough to justify it
>>
If anyone is on the fence for the AVeD figures still, it's confirmed TRU is getting em. That'll probably be the cheapest option since they've got free shipping..

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/783419824378613764
>>
>>5949434
We are the ultimate of bad asses!!
>>
>>5948558
>from the worst movie in the franchise

Ripley is bald in Aliens?
>>
File: tailopz.jpg (20KB, 337x281px) Image search: [Google]
tailopz.jpg
20KB, 337x281px
>>5949399
>>
File: b2b.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
b2b.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
How has Apone NOT be made yet...C'mon NECA get it to fucking gether
>>
>>5949898
It's a little thing called likeness rights. The law is funny like that.
>>
>>5949898
Im considwring buying another Frost and finding a suitable head to swap.
>>
Quick question. I saw the Contra duo at Toys R Us a while back for $20, and haven't seen them since. Now I see them everywhere including Neca's eBay store for $40. Was the tru price an error?
>>
>>5950252
Yes. More than likely in the wrong spot.
>>
>>5950256
Shit. I remember the price tag clearly stating Contra on it. I should've bought a set when I had the chance. Thanks anon.
>>
>>5950252
TRU had a compete pricing error on them (even online) for about a week at 17.99 before they forced their error and corrected the pricing back to $40
>>
>>5949423
Thank's for your advice anon
>>
Got Hero Ash and Value Stop Ash on the way. Anyone here have Eligos? How is he? Articulation looks limited.
>>
>>5950547
Very limited, which is fine for something like him. Great looking figure, the bleeding wounds have these wonderful sculpts, and look wet and nasty.
>>
>>5948575
>>5948582
>>5948660
>>5948662
>>5949874
>Alien 3 defenders
>defending literally the movie that murdered the franchise making everything after it a complete shit fest

Dont get me wrong, its not like Prometheus or Rez are any better, but you have to understand the box they were put it after 3.

>Whats that? You want me to make a sequel to Alien 3? WITH Sigourney Weaver!? But she died! And so did the Ayys! Fuck how am I suppose to write a decent movie now...

Prometheus is just basiclly Alien 3 for the modern age, executive medling, script changes, ect...
>>
>>5950680

Why are you such an awful person?
>>
JUST GOT THE SHIPPING NOTICE FOR MY FOOT CLAN!!!!!

Fuck yes, UPS, too, hope it gets here before the weekend...probably not, but my dick is raging for these figures.
>>
If I see her at NYCC tomorrow, should I bother getting Alien Queen? Is she durable enough?
>>
>ordered on a Friday from NECA's eBay store
>NECA's eBay store should have supposedly shipped my shit shipped on Monday going by their policy
>USPS still hasn't said they've received my shit at all despite it shipping on Monday?
>last night USPS said they received a shipping notice
>still nothing this morning on USPS's tracking
>my shit was supposed to be here today because priority mail etc.
>going to check my post office box later to see if my shit is here and it's just USPS tracking system being retarded as usual

Goddamnit my anxiety does not need guessing games of did they didn't they like this.
>>
>>5950831

Oh, and on Monday I did get notice from eBay that my shit supposedly shipped too. So I dunno what the fuck's goin' on here.
>>
>>5950831
>>5950832

You're freaking out pretty early. Give it another day or two.

USPS's tracking site is pretty much ass, and really spotty.

Priority is supposed to be 2 or 3 days, sure, but it does sometimes take an extra day or two.
>>
>>5950839

It's more that I've never seen them just not say they've gotten the package/had it scanned in/whatever like this before.

Either way I'll find out in an hour, my post office usually has everything doled out by then to the boxes, so I'll know if someone fucked up somewhere or if it's just them not updating properly.
>>
>>5950845
Chill out, dude. That happens all the time.
>>
>>5950839

I've had tracking say the package is skipping all over, back and forth between two cities, or that it has been "checked in" like two or three times to the same one post office, every couple hours.

Then it arrives at my nearby post office, and then somehow still doesn't get delivered for like, three days.

Its a little more nerve-wracking when its like a $300 EMS box from Japan, but I've had so much international and domestic shit shipped that I'm used to the weird shit happening on their tracking site.
>>
>>5950858

Well, the last package I ordered got shipped late, then shipped to the wrong state, shipped back, shipped to the wrong town, shipped back, and finally shipped to me.

All because the post workers refused to read the fucking address label on the box and instead just ran everything through a scanner. Note said address label which was in very large print, printed clearly, and correctly.
>>
>>5949576

das a gay opinion nigga
>>
>>5950680
What everyone said is that Alien3 is not the worst movie because the sequels exist, it doesnt matter that it tossed the franchise in the garbage since it also killed fucking Ripley, the franchise could have ended there bein 2/3 awesome, it's not Alien3 fault that everyone though "ok, the ending sucks, we need to bring her back, that shouldn't be a trick only for Freddy and Jason movies", and now with Ridley Scott wanting to cash in because "alien is his child" after seeing how much support Blomkamp was having (even though he had no problems with other people doing shit with Alien for decades) i can only hope the figures remain good...
>>
>>5949576
It's mine too. I think it's that the proportions are more monster/animal-like than the original. And, yes, I know being really humanoid was the point of the original design. I just like this one better.
>>
>>5950738
As usual, I'm always the last one to get a shipping notification.
>>
>>5948727
I'm the kind of Evil Dead fan who will buy anything related to the brand, but I'd say wait for the new one.

The paint apps on the Ash in your picture are fantastic, the leg articulation is way better, and there will probably be a ton of accessories.
>>
>>5950831
>>5950832

And crap, nothing in the post. Well, thats probably a bad sign.
>>
>>5950961

I'm a sucker for a sexy long tail.
>>
File: 285.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
285.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>5949576
>>5950961
>>5951038
My favorite design is Big Chap actually, but i do understand you guys liking AvP Xeno, it does look pretty badass, although i find the Resurrection Xeno cooler than the AvP one.
Figure-wise though my personal order would be:
Dog Alien > AvP Warrior > Big Chap > Aliens Warrior.
>>
>>5951169
Oh yeah, the Resurrection alien has digitigrade legs. I love that too.
>>
>>5950891
Blomkamp is technically in the wrong there anyway since Prometheus was out even before he was developing his movie

But Ridley is being a dick of it's actually him doing it, if it's the studio being bitchy about brand confusion then they're idiots, but we knew that because it's Fox
>>
>>5950831
Bro, you got fucked by a weekend. It happens.
>>
>>5951601

Well, they got until Friday to get it to me before I can bug'em on eBay about it, since thats when the "It didn't arrive" period is up. Which means of course, if it doesn't arrive by Friday, any response will likely be delayed until next Monday as I dunno if NECA's eBay store even does anything on weekends like answer to problems/complaints/etc.
>>
>>5943683
>Ultimate Evil Dead 2 Ash
>no chainsaw
the fuck
>>
>>5951879
It's an update to the old figure based on the first half of the film, they'll do the other with the chainsaw and ripped shirt if this sells well, supposedly.
>>
>>5951889
Why not just call it Evil Dead 1 ultimate ash
>>
>>5951891
He had goofier hair in 1.
>>
Is the Genesis/Mega Drive Robert Cop worth £16? I've never watched Robocop (though I do want to change that) and I've never played the Robocop/Terminator game it's from but the figure just looks awesome. The local comic shop has the Flamethrower version and another version with flames on its chest for £16 each (I think) and I'm debating pulling the trigger.
>>
>>5951879

He didn't have the chainsaw for 90% of the movie. This figure is depicting that.
>>
Are Vasquez and Ultimate Police Station Assault Terminator good?
What should I be paying for 'em?
>>
>>5951891

And you're trolling here, but just as a fuck you, legally they cant, because ED1 is a different set of rights.
>>
awww yissss that serpent hunter
>>
>>5951966
The flames on chest/battle damage version is fantastic.

>>5952016 Yes to both. Both are still in retail so around 25 bucks american.
>>
>>5952035
Is that the main pred from avp2010? Also where did the youngblood come from?

(I realize I could probably bing this)
>>
>>5952039
>vasquez is $28 on amazon
should i pull the trigger?
I can't get out to retail
>>
>>5952016
Good enough to pay MSRP but no more
>>
>>5952039
Thanks
>>
>>5952047
Dark was the main predator.

Serpent Hunter was one of the multiplayer preds.

Young blood I think might be the generic preds at the end of the film that stand alongside the Elder.
>>
File: 1200x-Elder3-.jpg (279KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Elder3-.jpg
279KB, 795x1200px
Face looks sloppy to me. Like they tried to paint too much fine detail and it all blurs together. His mask is awesome though, so I'll just display it with that.
>>
File: 1200x-Youngblood5-.jpg (256KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Youngblood5-.jpg
256KB, 795x1200px
>>5952112
I like the spear, but this guy is generic enough I might pass.
>>
>>5952053
21.99 and free shipping on TRU website.
>>
File: 1200x-Serpent-Hunter3-.jpg (234KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Serpent-Hunter3-.jpg
234KB, 795x1200px
>>5952120
This nigga is dope.
>>
>>5952123
Thanks very much
>>
>>5952035
>>5952124
NECA <3
>>
File: Avp-alien-head-hunter.jpg (57KB, 473x670px) Image search: [Google]
Avp-alien-head-hunter.jpg
57KB, 473x670px
>>5952124
it's like someone from neca answered my prayers
>>
>>5952124
>>5952179
Mouth on the mask looks a little derpy on the figure.
>>
File: CuDHhS8WgAAdC_w.jpg large.jpg (60KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
CuDHhS8WgAAdC_w.jpg large.jpg
60KB, 530x800px
>>5952035
>>5952124
>Serpent Hunter
Oh Yeah, Hell Yeah, this is going to be awesome!
Also relevant, Ultimate City Hunter.
>>
>>5952207
i get what you're saying
it's abit too small and triangular compared to the wider, full face game model one
>>
File: AlienPredator.png (225KB, 529x306px) Image search: [Google]
AlienPredator.png
225KB, 529x306px
>>5952240
>>
>>5952230

Neca is gonna get soooooo much of my money.
>>
Fucking NECA I thought I could stop collecting you then you drop these awesome new predators and alien figures.

Grabbed Albino zeno earlier this week and love it.
>>
>>5952240
>>5952246
could be the lighting making the jaw look more triangular because of the curves under the mask and the flat silver tone.
Not sure though, we need more pics of the figure.
>>
>>5952230
Damn, i almost feel bad for having the older City Hunter now.
>>
>>5952281
same. I have the battle damaged one from that two pack but I'll prolly pick the Ultimate up for the updated articulation.
>>
>>5952246
predalien when
>>
>>5952314
next year (hopefully).
>>
File: Full body.png (758KB, 495x747px) Image search: [Google]
Full body.png
758KB, 495x747px
Full body, just because.
>>
>>5952273
It still looks cool enough, but I don't think it's as good as it could be. We'll see.

I guess this is what it feels like to be a Godzilla collector.
>>
>>5952230
FUUUUUUCK. Are they going back to the old wristblade design? I was hoping all wristblades going forward would be removeable like the AvP molds.
>>
>>5952388
Well, that wristblade is pretty accurate to the movie, makes no sense to use the new removable blades if City Hunter only have two small sizes of blades that fit in the actual wrist.
>>
File: 14757227535631752643500.jpg (652KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
14757227535631752643500.jpg
652KB, 1600x1200px
Fiddling with the contra guns. Found out the buttstock piece can extend.

Pull gently if you got them guys.
>>
>>5952400
I just worry about fragility. I have an old city hunter where it snapped and a few others dont stay sheathed.
>>
>>5952335
sexy af
>>
>>5952388
They're still removable, just not exactly intended to be. My girlfriend yanked some out on accident and it took 20 minutes of fiddling with it to put them back in.
>>
>>5952124
>>5952179
Shame that they didn't sculpted new blades and just went with the AvP ones, but oh well, i'll be getting it anyway.
>>
>>5952527
ops, my mistake, they are indeed new blades. >>5952335
>>
Anyone get a decent set of KO Red Band Comic Turtles from ebay lately? there's so many choices and I'm not sure if they're all the same or not. Got shipping confirmation on the foot clan set and want to get a closer matching set of turtles.
>>
>>5952039
Thanks mate. I take it I should buy that over the Flamethrower version then? The flamethrower does look cool but the projectile looks kinda dorky. Also I have a felling he doesn't have a stand and balancing him with that massive gun would be a nightmare.
>>
>>5952011
The figure is depicting the scene where he cut off his hand and the scenes where he was a deadite.

He used a chainsaw to cut off his hand.
>>
>>5952019
Can Neca not afford the rights or something?
>>
>>5952120
Is it me or does he have the scarface marking on his helmet just not so viable?
>>
File: BonerThrone.jpg (171KB, 1200x723px) Image search: [Google]
BonerThrone.jpg
171KB, 1200x723px
Sweet!
>>
>>5953315
I want that fucking chair. I'd easily pay $90+ for it
>>
File: BonerThrone 2.png (2MB, 1156x768px) Image search: [Google]
BonerThrone 2.png
2MB, 1156x768px
>>5953315
>>
File: CuFVr3fWEAA_zlf.jpg large.jpg (462KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CuFVr3fWEAA_zlf.jpg large.jpg
462KB, 2048x1536px
>>5953332
>>
>>5953315
So fucking awesome.
>>
File: CuFtPaCWgAAg5FL.jpg (226KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
CuFtPaCWgAAg5FL.jpg
226KB, 1200x798px
Up close pic of the aliens display. First decent shot of gorilla in person, looks like mantis fell over .
>>
when will Neca have a retail shop?
>>
No HOTS display?
>>
>>5953478
Doesn't seem like it. I guess with Blizzcon coming up Blizzard probably wanted them to save everything for that.
>>
>>5953483
Would make sense. Maybe we'll see a physical prototype of Diablo this time.
>>
File: NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-030.jpg (240KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-030.jpg
240KB, 2048x1362px
Closer look at the Gorilla Alien
>>
>>5953588
ooooh, that blue looks nice...
>>
File: NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-032.jpg (240KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-032.jpg
240KB, 2048x1362px
>>5953588
>>
File: NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-031.jpg (226KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-031.jpg
226KB, 2048x1362px
>>5953594
>>
File: NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-040.jpg (294KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-040.jpg
294KB, 2048x1362px
>>5953596
Closer look at the Pink Arcade Xeno and Genocide Dog.
>>
>>5953600
Serpent Hunter looks awesome!
>>
>>5953604
>>
>>5953588
I wish they would start selling these sweet displays they make
>>
>>5953609
Scarface looking just as aweome!
>>
>>5953617
>>
>>5953059
As you can see by >>5953079 and >>5953082, logic doesn't apply to these people. Remember that they are probably the same ones that acted like wanting Grid to be accurate was a crime against humanity.
>>
File: NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-010.jpg (217KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
NYCC2016-NECA-Aliens-010.jpg
217KB, 2048x1362px
>>5953623
oh, almost forgot, in case anyone was wondering the yellow Xeno actually has the AvP:R Warrior sculpt.
>>
>>5953636
just report and ignore, Anon.
>>
>>5953624
>>5953636
Don't you boys start fighting or I'm turning this car around.
>>
File: MFW.jpg (23KB, 420x391px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.jpg
23KB, 420x391px
>still no confirmation NECA even shipped my stuff

Guess when it doesn't arrive tomorrow, the last possible delivery day, I'll have to open a case on eBay. Kinda funny how I can order off random sellers and get my shit no problem but an actual company can't even put two toys in a box, slap a label on it, and have it out despite having nearly a week to do so.

Feels bad, man. This ain't the sort of impression I wanted to go along with what were going to be my first figures.
>>
>>5953588
Holy crap that looks superb. Shame the Mantis Alien fell over.
>>
File: Sad.jpg (150KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Sad.jpg
150KB, 950x534px
>>5953658

Not quite sure who's fault it is. All I know is USPS got the shipping info, and thats it. So it could be USPS fucked up and never scanned it and it's sitting somewhere in a facility, or NECA flat out messed up my order, or anything in between.

Either way, I don't have my shit, I probably won't have it tomorrow, and I'm not happy, and the only actual solution is prodding them on eBay about it, which will result in them finding out exactly what is up and me getting my shit, or a refund.
>>
>>5953669
If you'd calm down and stop with your knee-jerk NECA defense posts, you'd know that all that anon knows is that USPS received shipping info, not that USPS actually has his package. Two completely different things.
>>
>>5953669

The only thing the post has is a shipping number. Far as I know they never even recieved the package to begin with. I've had this happen before and sure enough the PO claimed they never got the package in the first place.
>>
I bought Hero and Value Stop Ash for the heads, but can't decide between Ultimate Ash for the figure and accessories, or Eligos so I can have a villain/complete set.

Any opinions?
>>
>>5953683

But we're all discussing a new figure, not the old figures. It does not matter that the old ones didn't include it. That has nothing to do with wanting the new one that represents him cutting his hand off with a chainsaw to include a chainsaw. People think Ash, and they tend to think chainsaw too. It's a reasonable thing to want whether you like it or not.

This might shock you, but multiple people think a character should come with his iconic accessory. They're not all one scary troll who exists only to bother you.
>>
>>5953600
Hmm, the pink Xeno looks a bit weird. Maybe it's the flat colours. The red Runner looks great though.
>>5953604
Holy shit that mask is badass.
>>5953617
Sweet baby jesus that's cool. The vambrace blade in particular looks great.
>>5953630
So THAT'S what the AVP Xeno looks like sans dome.
>>
>>5953733
>And you'd still be wrong.

About what, people expecting Ultimate Ash to include his iconic weapon that also happens to be from the same scene the figure is? These threads and twitter and other boards are full of people wondering why it's not included.

> The new figure came with everything the two old figures had.

Nobody cares.

> You don't get a chainsaw just because you whine about it.

Thanks for saying something literally everyone already knows. Missing the point.

> You aren't the one costing out these figures, dipshit.

Didn't know you had access to their books, anon, but your attitude is unnecessary and you sound like an angsty teenager. Grow up and act decent for once.
>>
>>5953735
Crazy Taxi is a great game.
>>
>>5953604
I fucking love the metal tone of that mask, imho one of the most badass Neca Pred so far.
>>
>tons of new posts
>it just that random faggot sperging out AGAIN

Why do I even bother at this point
>>
>>5953781
just ignore and enjoy the new pics up there, Anon.
>>
>>5953609
Wait. Is Clan Leader Wave 16 or 17?
>>
>>5953807
Confirmed for series 17 are Young Blood, Elder and Serpent Hunter, series 16 is supposed to be all Kenner Predators, which should include Clan Leader, with that said, i wouldn't be surprised if Clan Leader is actually it's own thing aside from waves.
>>
>>5953689
Definitely Eligos. It looks so cool and gross.
>>
THE BONE THRONE WILL BE SOLD NEXT YEAR

GET FUCKING HYPE
>>
>>5953847
Yeah its a deluxe figure released alongside the wave like Bad Blood was
>>
>>5953959
Alongside wave 16 or 17?
>>
>>5953689
Honestly I got the whole set just because as you said, Hero Ash for the default, Value Stop Ash for the extras. Then finally, Eligos for a cool-looking enemy that isn't just another Deadite. All in all, I think it makes for a fine set of figures.

The Ultimate Ash is nice, but only if you're a purist for the scenes they're based on or if you want a generic Evil Ash in your collection.
>>
>>5953970
Should be 16, but there's been some date slips lately so who knows. Considering 17 just got revealed I'd assume it's going to be closer to 16.
>>
I never thought Id want a throne so bad.

Also that red trim on Serpent Hunter makes it even more amazing.

I really hope those legs on the Gorilla Alien dont buckle under the weight like Crimson Typhoons
>>
>>5953989
Yeah, you and I think a lot alike. Value Stop Ash comes with really good headsculpts. I'll go for Eligos then. Thanks for the insight.
>>5953851
Got it, thanks!
>>
Welp too slow
>>
All these cool pics to discuss and people went the "let's shitpost agains tehe shitposter" route... Oh well, i guess we can just post the pics again in a new thread.
>>
>>5954317
No point in discussing them since anything that isn't glowing adoration will be met with even more shitposting.
>>
>>5954333
>hello please indulge my victim complex
>>
>>5954333
yeah, no, no one agrees with you, go to hell.
>>
So, how about them action figures? Saw some dude on Instagram with a set of Arcade Turtles and they look awesome.

How's the Flamethrower Robocop? I don't have a Robocop yet and I'm liking the paint work on it.
>>
>>5954374
Articulation is limited due to sculpt but it looks cool and the gun is neat. I like it, but I wouldn't pay more than the $18 I paid
>>
>>5954385
Nice, I usually see it for around that price and less. I think I'll go for it, thanks.
>>
>>5954351

You go to hell
>>
>>5953326
>>5953315
I would pay $19.99+tax for it.

It's just that awesome!
>>
>>5954374
Being wanting to buy a Robocop for quite some time now but the movie versions are getting hard to find where i live.
>>
>>5954474
Not a fan of the vidya colors? I wanted a normal silver one myself but seeing as how they're hard to find, I think I'll go for a repaint. I think they look really cool.
>>
>>5954484
With the way the Walmart releases of the Endoskeleton and Big Chap have shown up in TRU and Walgreens, I wouldn't be surprised if the Robocop popped up again too.

I normally don't like the video game colors, but the TvR line did it the best. They almost look like comic art and I loooooooove it
>>
>>5950680
The only movies in the entire series worth a damn are 1 and 2

I'm surprised how similar of a trajectory alien took to terminator. Only 2 and 1 are good and the rest range from disposable to trash.

Only thing missing is terminator having some garbage movie crossover with robocop
>>
>>5955090

I'm sorry you have such bad taste in movies.

>garbage crossover

I see you hate awesome ideas too. How pitiful.
>>
>>5955090
>I'm surprised how similar of a trajectory alien took to terminator
Mmmmmmmmnot really
Alien 3 and 4 are terrible-but-watchable and so-bad-it's-good-bad, respectively. T3 and T4 are completely unwatchable disasters
>>
>>5955090
i'm with >>5955172 on this one, whille i don't like Alien3 and Resurrection i also don't mind watching them, Terminator 3 and on i actually feel the new to switch channels, they are borderline Indiana 4 bad.
>>
>>5955167
Alien vs predator is a terrible sub franchise anon. If you actually think otherwise your pretty much pot calling the kettle black.

>awesome ideas

Yeah for comics, movies would be awful though, crossovers and movies is like trying to mix oil and water

>>5955172
>>5955433
I agree terminator 3 is a much worse movie than anything in the alien series, but I'm referring to how the sequel quality dropped like a ball after 2
>>
>>5955486
>for comics
Add vidya to that, AvP games are fairly good.
>>
just got my shipping notification for the Foot Clan
>>
Bbts has the power loader for 80 bucks, is it worth it at this price?
>>
File: Ash1.jpg (1MB, 1365x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Ash1.jpg
1MB, 1365x1199px
Well, look what came today. My first figure!

Feels pretty good. Nothing feels loose, nothing feels too tight either. However, the arms feel like they should have more range to them, but peeking under his rubbery shirt there, looks like the body itself is whats blocking them from extending straight out at the sides on the hinge. Kinda feels like a big oversight, especially given that rubber shirt is hiding the body underneath.
>>
File: Alien.jpg (1MB, 1117x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Alien.jpg
1MB, 1117x1083px
>>5955740

And this was tagging along with Ashy Slashy. Unfortunately on this guy his knees feel pretty loose at the lower of the double joint on the knees, the big plastic-ey spine on his back pops out, and I had to run his head/neck/right arm under some hot water for a min or two to loosen it up so they could move. Are these common problems with this guy, or did I get a bum copy?

Articulation-wise, he feels nice, and I think I can futureshine the knees and if the back spine thingy doesn't stay in I guess I can superglue it. The arms shoulder joints don't quite have enough articulation though, in the same way Ash is limited. Feels like they could improve it somehow.

Still, I feel both were pretty good purchases, somewhat limited arm movement and potential QC issues aside.
>>
>>5955721
hell yeah. its been over $100 everywhere else forever. go for it.
>>
>>5955765
Mine has the same problem with the "headrest". I really don't see why they made it a separate piece at all to be honest. Supposedly it's so you could remove it to get better head articulation but to be honest it would have made more sense if they'd just articulated it rather than making it detachable.

Not heard of loose knees but stuck joints are sadly commonplace on NECA figures.
>>
>>5955808
>Not heard of loose knees

Damn, guess thats just my shit luck in action then. They're not floppy loose, but they can't really support it's own weight, I've got to use the tail as a 3rd leg. Just futureshine'd him, hopefully that'll solve the problem.

Also what is the head on for the albino alien? It feels like a peg, but is it a ball joint or?
>>
>>5955765
>Unfortunately on this guy his knees feel pretty loose at the lower of the double joint on the knees

This is the problem with mine
>>
>>5955819
There's a ball joint inbetween the head and the neck, just like the Predators
>>
>>5955808
Some Big Chap design Xenos don't have the extra spine tube. Like the Isolation Xeno in the game
>>
>>5955808

There's no way to make it "articulated" without it looking like shit. Having it be removable is the better option.
>>
>>5956039

What if they just made it a finely ratcheted hinge that was sunk into the torso?
>>
2001 Godzilla is up on their ebay and Amazon store pages. Get em while he's shot, fellas.
>>
>>5956078
oh and that Predator accessory pack, too.
>>
File: CuLCQxiXYAAAEzE.jpg (201KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
CuLCQxiXYAAAEzE.jpg
201KB, 2048x1152px
>>
>>5956136
>Predatorian

YES
YES
YESSSSS
>>
Do they sell the NECA stands in stores? I'm worried about my alien queen falling over what with her also standing on top of a plastic container cover.

Also does anyone else' queen have uneven "hip joints"?
>>
File: 20160704_174637_LLS.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_174637_LLS.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5955721
I picked my up for 50 but yeah it's a solid "figure" and it adds alot to your collection .. I'm super happy with mine
>>
>>5953604
I usually stick to xenos but for the first time I want a predator ... I gotta get me that predator
>>
File: 20160704_182731_LLS.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_182731_LLS.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5956438
My queen doesn't like to stand straight eventually her legs/ hip joints give ... I really need to find another stand to go under her back section
>>
>>5956475

Don't own the figure, so I don't know what it has, but for something that big they should have gone for ratcheted joints and if they didn't they're fucking retarded.
>>
File: 20160704_175051_LLS.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_175051_LLS.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5956485
Nope not ratcheted joints .. Wish they did I'd have liked her to stand better but I still love her
>>
>>5956490

Damn. Then again I do notice a distinct lack of ratcheted joints outside of revo's and transformers. It's really weird, since they're very good for keeping things stable, especially on larger figures.
>>
File: 20160602_151447_LLS.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_151447_LLS.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5956522
Makes them cheaper ... And NECA has a bad problem with joints ... I love their sculpts but yeah the joints aren't the best
>>
>>5956485
I bought the 1/4 scale Big Chap and the Queen at the same time and was so bummed that the Big Chap was significantly more stable. That weird metal pole as a stand is okay i guess but not ideal at all.
>>
>>5956609
Yeah but didn't the mcfarlane Queen need a stand too?
>>
>>5957069

Not just a stand, it had metal rods in the feet, so there was no NOT using the base. It was stuck doing one thing and one thing only.
>>
>>5956522
Ratcheted joints tend to break, too.

There's a number of MLS that have ratchets that stress the joint to snapping.
>>
>>5957135
Ah thats right. Even though the Queen wont be doing flippdy doo poses Id still prefer the neca stand over footpegs
>>
>>5957137
Only badly constructed ones. The ML ratchets probably broke because A: They weren't "true" ratchets (relying on a static nub of plastic rather than a spring) and B: the plastic used for modern MLs is gummy shit.
>>
>>5955765
The loose knees in this Xeno is pretty common, mine are loose as fuck too. At least I can prop him with his tail until I can futureshine em.
>>
>>5957494

I've got two that aren't loose there at all. Not sure why y'all are having such issues with the knees. I guess I really am the luckiest guy ont he planet...
>>
>>5957539
I was like you once. Then after about a week and a half of having them they all gave out at the knees in the same place. They're actually loose enough that they move just from picking it up. Flimsy and floppy Xenos are no good.
>>
File: IMG_1323.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1323.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Just got the glow in the dark alien and eggs. I like the paint job on them and their "glowing" effect. Hard to represent this with a picture, works better in person.
>>
>>5956136
is for kenner? (I don't think that is a Praetorian)
>>
>Michael Myers Funko Pops
>Michael Myers Reaction
>Michael Myers Living Dead doll
>1000 different horrible looking Michael Myers masks
>Michael Myers playable in Call of Duty
>Michael Myers now playable in some indie horror game (Dead by Daylight)
>Halloween right holders refuse to give rights to NECA

What the FUCK is happening? This pisses me off to no end... Is it because NECA won't pay the amount they're asking for? I don't understand what the fucking problem is
I'd be more understanding if they werent giving the rights to anyone like how George Miller is with Mad Max, but this isn't the case.
>>
>>5957967

Nope, weeks in and nothing's loose. Sorry bucko.
>>
>>5958941
Why are you responding to my experience like it was an attack?

> bucko

Oh. Should've known.
>>
>>5959566

What, that you're full of it?
>>
Has anyone gotten their AvED set from Big Bad Toy Store yet? I've been waiting for weeks and it seems like every other distributor has 'em
>>
>>5959734
...do you think I'm lying about loose knees??
>>
>>5960340

No, it seems everyone's late getting this wave. Except for NECA themselves. TRU stores apparently are getting these in though, as someone bought them...but who the fuck knows.
>>
>>5960418
Ignore him. It's just NECAnon sperging out because you implied that his favourite company is capable of putting out less than perfect product.
>>
>>5960655
I love the fuck out of NECA, I'd evem call them my favorite, but I can't stand people who get butthurt when NECA is criticized. My Xenos are awesome figures but every single one of them has loose knees. My Ultimate Terminators can't even bend 90 degrees at the elbow. The license for Halloween and Michael Myers is definitely possible but Randy won't pursue it and gets upset when people bring it up. NECA is great, but they aren't perfect
>>
>>5943683
>friendship regained with Alien, now Alien and Marine are my best friends
>>
Any Canadians seen the AVED or Ultimate Ash figures in the wild yet?
>>
>>5960916
Nothing is perfect. But I do like neca a lot.
Shame we are stuck with necanon who can't handle anyone criticizing them, and necantanon who has to shitpost about how terrible he thinks neca is. Then when they come together entire threads die.
>>
>>5960916
The only thing I can think of is that owners of the Halloween license want a retarded amount of money
>>
>>5960655
I like how you're trying to push the blame on NECAnon for every fucking thing anyone ever does.
>>
>>5960916
>My Ultimate Terminators can't even bend 90 degrees at the elbow.

They can, actually. Like, I'm serious, they can. Why you think that would be a problem anyway is beyond me, but yeah.
>>
>>5960655
Eat a giant cock. A great big cock. I am so sick of you shouting about your made up bullshit any time you want to start a fight. It's disgusting g and it proves you're the cause of 90% of these threads' problems.
>>
>>5961795
necanon, you are just shitposting at this point. If people are honestly making shit up to piss people off, you are doing exactly what they want, and if people are voicing actual issues, they don't need you sperging at them because you think neca can do no wrong

Either way, cut it the fuck out, you are the majority of the problem at this point.
>>
>>5961801
Not your buttbuddy shitposter. But surprise, surprise, you can't stop yourself from namecalling, can you?
>>
>>5961829
I'm not the neca shitter, but you are known at this point, you can't deny that you don't react the same way every time a criticism of neca comes up

so like I said, stop trying to start a fight, only the shitposters want it, and you shouldn't encourage them.
>>
>>5961844

You don't know jack shit. I'm not even that poster you dumb dogfucker.
>>
>>5961851
or just keep shitposting, because apparently it's just a double act between you and the neca shitter.
>>
>>5961786
That's definitely not true in the case of the T1 figure so I really don't know why you'd say that
>>
>>5961782
>>5961786
>>5961795
>>5961829
>>5961851

Obvious samefag
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.