[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to buy retro toys in Berlin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

I really hope there are some european anons too.
You see - im from a 'lame' part of Europe so its hard to me to keep my toy hobby stable because all i can do is to buy stuff from Ebay.
With really crappy situations like when 1 figure costs 14$ but the SHIPPING is about 40$.

So im really. And i mean it - really jealous of people from usa that just can casually go to some toy convention and see a whole goddamn box of TMNT action figures and they can take anything they want without overpaying for shipping.

BUT HELL YEAH - im going to visit Berlin around November.
Berlin is a capital of Germany. Germany is a bigass country in Europe.

I-i mean g-guys there should be something like that in Berlin. There must be! Im pretty much sure there are some "Collectable/Vintage Toy Store for Geeks" or some shit like that that i dont know about.

Im interested mainly in 80-90s stuff. In some cool obscure lines that noone knows about. In some weird shit like Boglins, Gremlins, Ghostbusters action figures and stuff like that (M.A.S.K, Visionaries etc etc)
PS:
I was in Cologne once 2 years ago and was visiting only one store in the central of it and it was awesome.

Where to buy cool toys in Berlin?
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>5942956
>>
Ebay
>>
>>5942974
>tell that i buy stuff from ebay
>burger suggests me to buy stuff from ebay
>american education
>>
>>5942977
I'm from Brazil
>>
>>5942982
oh. im sorry for that
>>
>>5942982
Are the asses really superior there or is it just a stereotype?
>>
>>5943017
>>5942982
--->/pol/
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (728KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
728KB, 1600x1200px
bump
>>
File: IMG_20161002_042948.jpg (2MB, 3280x2117px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_042948.jpg
2MB, 3280x2117px
>>5942956
You could have checked out Goodleg Toys exhibition in Berlin last night.
>>
>>5944602
>Goodleg Toys exhibition in Berlin last night.
oh god! thats exactly what i was talking about...

Wait. If there is a toy exhibition like that. There should be some irl-toy stores for "geeks" where i can get really interesting finds.
>>
>>5942971
this reminds me, ive always wanted a GINO figure. always liked that one better
>>
File: P1030141.jpg (604KB, 1521x1140px) Image search: [Google]
P1030141.jpg
604KB, 1521x1140px
OP, I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but have you tried looking around in local flea markets? I'm in a shitty part of Europe too but I always find cool toys at the flea market for a few Euros... (pic related)
>>
>>5944634
>flea markets
that's what i was meant to say in OP-post.
i never seen flea market in my life.

Visiting flea markets or even better - Yard Sales...ugh this is so cool.
(im very close to Russia. we dont have that much "american 80-90s toys" anywhere. )
>>
>>5944668

Well then your best bet is to visit either the UK or another European country where these toys were available at the time of issue. AFAIK Germany started getting U.S. import toys from the early 90s onwards as there was not a big enough market for them prior (being half a country then) but UK and France will be more fruitful in your pursuits. Ofcourse bear in mind that many toy sellers have 'wised up' and adjusted their pricing for nostalgia factor, so it's pretty much hit or miss what you will find.
>>
>>5944679
Ill keep this in mind.
But no - Berlin is my only available trip in a distant future so i thought i might find some cool toys.(its a capital of germany after all)
I remember when i was in Cologne i saw some merchendize stores and they had very few but still rare and interesting stuff (i managed to get some Gremlins merch, some nice Bullyland minifigures, Marvel legends)
I hope ill find something like that in Berlin.
>>
>>5944668
I went to flea market somewhere in Deutschland but I can't recall what city it was in. It didn't have any toys though, it was mostly older things and junk. It was very gloomy.

Bear in mind that vintage toys aren't exactly easy to find in the US either. We are lucky to find them at thrift shops and comic shops on occasion.

Maybe try finding a comic convention?
Or contact the Goodleg Toys guys, I bet they'd know.
Is there a Yelp for Berlin? That could work too.
>>
File: GWEMLINS.png (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
GWEMLINS.png
4MB, 1536x2048px
>>5945096
>THOSE GREMLINS
omg
thats exactly what im talking about
but yeah, everything else looks like junk :D
>>
>>5945110
Actually that shop is really awesome, but that's an older photo. A couple weeks ago he had a MIP Android Klang, a bunch of MIP Joyce and the Wheeled Warriors...all kinds of stuff.

Anyways go to Onkel Philipp's Spielzeugwerkstatt. I just Yelp'd it.

http://www.secretcitytravel.com/berlin-feb-2014/berlin-secret-toy-museum.shtml
>>
>>5945130
>klang
*krang
>>
>>5945130
>Joyce and the Wheeled Warrior
dick power level: H.A.R.D.

thanks so much for the link! Im 100% visiting that museum!
>>
>>5945110
>>5945130
btw what is that shop? is it in Berlin?
or its that "gloomy flea market"?
>>
>>5945110
holy shit
i just noticed A FUCKING BOGLIN near those gremlins!
I always wanted to get a Boglin. but their either rare or super expensive with that insane shipping.
>>
>>5945177
That's a shop a few hours from Boston called Atomic Dimestore
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.