[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the Ult. Ash by NECA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (917KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
917KB, 2448x2448px
What are your thoughts on the Ult. Ash by NECA?
>>
>>5941747
You can see mine, and many others thoughts in the NECA General.
>>
>>5941827

Oh, didn't realize there was a NECA thread; just got this figure and i'm loving it.
>>
>>5941828

Yeah, it's a really nice figure. And the fact that it's so much of those figures put into one is great.
>>
>>5941848
Sadly NECA is as good as it gets.
>>
>>5941848
As much as I don't want to agree with this faggot I don't really like the facial expression either: they should have done a head like the Ash vs the Evil dead figures. This one looks too cartoony.
>>
>>5941863
>I've never actually seen Evil Dead 2
>>
>>5941747
I never liked this facial expression, it looks cartoony as fuck.Also ,the new older Ash shows they can do so much better.
>>
>>5941872
>>5941863

Samefag.
>>
>>5941872

Gee, it's almost like they came out years apart.
>>
>>5941877

literally released 14 days apart.
>>
>>5941884
>being this retarded

The ED2 figures came out years ago. This release is just that. They didn't change the sculpting numbnuts.
>>
Here we go with this same old shit. Some necashitter has to come in and argue how everything from neca is garbage and people fall for the bait and try to argue with the pants shitting, paste swilling retard.
>>
>>5941893

The articulation is great. It's as good as anyone needs.
>>
>>5941895
This. It's just the same trolls, report them and for fuck's sake, ignore.
>>
File: 1460014086541.jpg (42KB, 564x424px) Image search: [Google]
1460014086541.jpg
42KB, 564x424px
>>5941871
For real. Don't think I've ever seen anyone that can look as cartoony as Campbell.

Do wish they would've made some new alternate heads for him, he made a lot of great expressions in ED2. Maybe they'll make a new one for Ultimate Hero Ash or even an accessory pack.
>>
>>5941897
No it's not. The range is always super shitty on these kinda figures. They need to normalize the articulation that Kratos had onto all their figures, enough with the single jointed knees and elbows that barely get 45 degrees, the single ball joints in the torso and ankles, the hips that are covered entirely by poor quality soft plastic. These are practically semi-poseable statues that are just a step above McFarlane style stuff from the early 2000s.
>>
The only problem I have with this is for it being an ultimate figure, he doesn't have the chainsaw. I'd have bought this in a heartbeat if it came with it, but I'll just wait for the AvED fig instead.
>>
>>5942000
Topkek, that's an entirely different version of the character that NECA intentionally held hostage for a later date so that people would buy this one. Had the hero one come first, no one would've bought this one.
>>
>>5942010
I have a trade secret for you.
You don't have to buy a toy if you don't like it.
>>
>>5942031
I didn't buy it, for the reasons I stated. I knew what they were pulling, and I'm not gonna be their bitch
>>
>>5942031
well we don't have to buy things we don't like, but then companies like to pull this "since X didn't sell well, we can't make Y because it seems there's no interest in the product range" as a big fuck you to us for not buying the shit we didn't want.
>>
>>5942010
>intentionally held hostage

Wow, how fucking retarded can you be? They didn't hold anything hostage assclown. I'm sorry you think the world is out to get you.

Fucking crybaby.
>>
>>5941976
You gonna be the one to fund all these "normalized" super articulated figures? You snapping your fingers like the entitled child you are doesn't make production costs go down.
>>
>>5942171
I'll never get a 7" Snake Plissken because NECA expected me to buy the stupid MEGO style one first. Fuck em.
>>
>>5942666
>>5942691
Do me a favor and get Randy's dick outta your ass, NECA is kinda shitty, get over it.
>>
>>5942712
No, fuck you.

>>5942713
And you're even shittier. You might be the worst filth on this board.
>>
>>5941897
It might be as good as you need. Some people have different standards.
>>
>>5942713
Do me a favor and lick me. You don't get to dictate how the world works just because you're a butthurt mongoloid.
>>
>>5942712
This. Megos are fucking terrible. Most ultimate 7" figures can't stay on the shelves. Megos peg warm for eternity. They bought that license for nothing
>>
>>5942726
A bloo bloo blooh. You not buying something doesn't mean dick.
>>
>>5942714
>>5942725
>>5942727
Randy, go home
>>
>>5942733
Troll, go home.
>>
>ITT: People who don't like NECA vs NECAnon

One side doesn't have to be here, the other thinks the company can't do anything wrong.

Anyway, I'll pass. I have both of the old ED2 Ashes, and they didn't improve the base mold enough to triple-dip on the sculpt.
>>
>>5942735
More like trolls vs regular posters on the board. You can't blame everything on your legends.
>>
>>5942727
Wow good one.
>>
>>5942757
Shitpost, shitpost, shitpost. That's all you seem to do.
>>
>>5942727
They've explicitly said that they won't be making any more Escape From... figures because the MEGO sales weren't strong enough

So you're wrong.
>>
>>5942735
Eh, I think most of us like NECA. We just look like we hate it in comparison to the same awful person that always ruins everything.

I love a lot of NECA products and have sunk a lot of money into them. I don't like everything they do and sometimes they make disappointing decisions. According to some that makes me a troll, a shiposter, and an all around terrible subhuman.

It's whatever.
>>
>>5942772
You're a shitposter because you came into this thread starting shit. You are garbage because of that.
>>
>>5942769

Good, no reason to feed your entitlement.
>>
>>5942777
Oh yeah, because >>5942712 is "starting shit."

Thread asks for thoughts. Not every opinion you disagree with is formulated with the sole intention of triggering you.
>>
>>5942780
You should talk about being triggered. Something is wrong with you.
>>
>>5942760
That was even a shitpost. I was pointing out an obvious flaw in NECAs marketing strategy. Cry more randy
>>
>>5942813
>Randy

We'll get rid of you soon enough Randyposter.
>>
>>5942815
Yet again. No logical argument, no clever response. No surprises
>>
When are we getting the chainsaw hand version?
>>
>>5942726
Neo-megos are one of the worst toy industry memes. They are so ugly and disproportionate. It would be ten times better to release a 1/6th figure instead, but then they would have to make real clothes instead of dollar store shit.
>>
>>5942819

Kind of like you calling everyone Randy, right Randyposter?
>>
>>5942850
Well, I said it once. Because one you say shit like "blooh blooh blooh" and "shitpost shitpost shitpost" to a legit cristiscm of the company you pretty much lose all credibility.
>>
>>5942852
>assuming I'm the same guy

And you want to talk about credibility. You pick fights with everyone and then play the victim.
>>
>>5942857
>criticize company
>get called a shitposter
>refer them to previous criticism
>s-stop playing the victim!!!
Holy shit kys
>>
>>5942866
Set an example and kill yourself first. Show us all how it's done.
>>
>>5942870
>being this mad on a toy forum
>>
>>5942727
No one bought left 4 dead actions. Its why they only got one wave
>>
>>5942871
And yet you said "kill yourself" first...it's almost like you don't think before you post.
>>
>>5942712
This should go in a sticky.
>>
>>5942880
Kys pls kay bby? Lolahs
>>
>>5942883
Die in a fire.
>>
I should stop posting in these threads. I care about this board too much.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 1242x1271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 1242x1271px
>>5942880
Literally yfw
>>
>>5942884
Diaf? Gfysakmabbygurl
>>
>>5942886
>memes
>>
>>5942909
>posting memes on 4chan
Huh, really makes think
>>
File: image.png (295KB, 376x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
295KB, 376x375px
Also forgot to mention, it came with a background too. Here is a photo of the same pose with the background.
>>
>see this thread
>see all the replies
>instantly assume its Necanon on a rampage instead of people discussing the figure

Welp
>>
>>5943086
Shows what a lowly individual you are.
>>
>>5942735
Doesnt the old Ashes have no knee joints?
>>
>>5943435
It has knees but v-cut hips and swivel thighs

I think considering how minor the upgrades were this new version could've used a more realistic and neutral-looking headsculpt
>>
>>5943443
The face is already realistic.
>>
File: 1467592044031.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467592044031.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
what the hell is going on in this thread
>>
>>5943563
Trolls and bait takers.
>>
>>5943563
OP asked for thoughts. Thoughts were posted. A certain anon or group of anons have a consistent history of taking great offense to any negative opinion of NECA product.
>>
>>5943611
See, your problem is that you think any opinion that isn't in line with your thinking only exists to troll you.

I assure you, nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives a fuck about you.
>>
>>5943613
The Sideshow definitely looks better than the MEGO one. I don't know why you think any of that calls for dick eating.
>>
>>5943614
> someone thinks other than me so they're trolling
> someone other than me is autistic
>>
>>5943614
No Neca interns would greatly help this board.
>>
>>5943635
Neca are afraid to take risks. They will never grow as a company this way
>>
>>5943498
Yeah, for a goofy looking retard.
>>
>>5943640
Lets see

>kotobukiya have a deficated following, make multiplegenres of collectirs figures model kits keychains etc
>bandai is bandai and have their own sub genres and genres of niche hobbying

Shows how uneducated stupid American fanboys are with no drive other than nerdgasming nostalgia , bazinga! Not even Neca can compete with Funko. Scalers lol who the fuck wants those
>>
File: Boomstick_shotgun_screen.jpg (26KB, 350x220px) Image search: [Google]
Boomstick_shotgun_screen.jpg
26KB, 350x220px
>>5943657
It's all fine and dandy if you want to pose him looking at some spooky shit or something, but the moment you put any of the weapons in his hands he just looks plain confused, not very good for any action poses.
>>
>>5943712
Not that anon but he is correct. Now fuck off.
>>
>>5943635
>>5943640
>tfw when I'm neither of these anons >>5943641 >>5943647

Cry out samefag all you want but it's funny how I just look away for a moment and then suddenly other anons are already continuing the argument for me.
>>
>>5943767
Except he's not. Now cut your wrists faggot.
>>
>>5943799
>offensive
Eh not really, but it is amusing to see how far you'd defend the MEGO figure. I do pity you if it's buyer's remorse that's somehow clouding your judgement.

>anon on 4chan genuinely believes their opinion as "truth"
Like clockwork, and to think you almost had me there for moment.
>>
>>5943845
And here you are assuming your opinion about it is truth or means a damn thing.
>>
This is the worst thread in the history of /toy/. Please end your lives. Do the world a favor.
>>
>>5943878
>means a damn thing.
Oh please, I'm not that self-important.

Truth be told I couldn't even care less about the Sideshow figure or the MEGO one, but you can't change the fact that one is an actual attempt at a properly proportioned figure (even if it's a doll) and the other is.... a MEGO.
>>
>>5943899
Since you're so keen, why don't you go first? Not only will it stop you from seeing this thread, but we don't have to read your bitching about it.

>in the history of /toy/
Alright grandpa
>>
>>5943902
>hating on mego

And this right here is why everything you say means absolutely nothing. You are a waste of life.
>>
Remember when /toy/ was the nicest board?
>>
>>5943911
>And this right here is why everything you say means absolutely nothing.
MEGO's are fine in their own way and I get that, but given how NECA's prominence rose through them making and perfecting their style in 7" figure-making is exactly what makes their decision in handling Plissken this way so baffling. For all their self-promoting rep of one-upping McToys, they ended up flubbing with Plissken by never even trying.

>You are a waste of life.
Ohh that stings. If sounding like an edgelord keeps you warm and fuzzy then by all means.
>>
>>5943930
It's mostly just one guy ruining everything. Go dig through some archives of NECA threads, and you'll see a clear pattern. I recently peeked into the TMNT and kaiju threads and he did the same thing in those. It's sad and frustrating because their constant victim complex leads to otherwise normal posts getting deleted because they look like trolling in the context of his crying.
>>
>>5943940
I'm glad you'll never get a Snake figure. Frankly someone like you deserves nothing.
>>
>>5943986
I'm glad too, so at least I know that anyone else that may have wanted one won't ever get it either, and I'm all the more happy for it.

The same way goes for you, I'm glad that for all your sucking up to NECA you still won't ever get a proper 7" figure of Plissken because frankly, you don't deserve it either.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.