[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The pinky and the thumb of godhand 2-packis up for PO. 11,410

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 22

File: FIGURE-022982_05.jpg (85KB, 550x723px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-022982_05.jpg
85KB, 550x723px
The pinky and the thumb of godhand 2-packis up for PO.
11,410 JPY

as much as I love beserk, gonna have to pass on lewd tongue face Slan.
>>
File: FIGURE-022982_04.jpg (90KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-022982_04.jpg
90KB, 600x800px
Oh dear.
>>
but are there nips
>>
>>5934394
>>
>>5934406
>no pubes
Did they read the manga before doing this or what
>>
>>5934358
terrible ass
>>
This would be cooler if it was the body she formed out of troll guts.
>>
>>5934430
It's essentially swimsuit Sonico's, but since she's nekkid, the seam can't be hidden. It was gonna be ruined one way or another, for instance Satsuki's ass that looked horrible when the legs were moved.
>>
>>5934443
I think I would have preferred they did it like satsuki's ass
>>
>>5934406

Looks like there's some slit like revoltech queen's blade figures
>>
>>5934406
>>5934358
>>5934328
if i was gonna buy a slan id rather buy some kind of statue shit then this
>>
>that face
>that ass
>those nipples

And they want 120+ funbucks for it?
MF fucked up. Hoping it shelfwarms to death worse than the Gardes
>>
File: DisgustoAsuka01.jpg (68KB, 556x606px) Image search: [Google]
DisgustoAsuka01.jpg
68KB, 556x606px
It looks like the wings are static accessories. That's... disappointing to say the least. I didn't expect some kind of flexible wire, rubber and fabric accessory, but at least was expecting for some POA in the middle or to have the wings in a less intrusive pose.

Man, I have been wanting to include some sort of succubus figure to my collection for a while, so I had very high hopes for the Figma Slan and then they double fuck with a ridiculous price for a double pack with a literal who?, and bad execution of a neat concept.
>>
>>5934358
Why doesn't she has an anus?
>>
>>5934799
By all means, tear her a new one.
>>
>>5934718
>It looks like the wings are static accessories
You can clearly see the joints in the photos. I don't know why you'd think that.
>>
>>5934328

> calling it a 2-pack to raise the "value"

> Conrad is actually just a tiny painted plastic statue

He's a fucking ACCESSORY.

This is not a 2-pack.

Prove me fucking wrong.
>>
>>5935004
No one would buy Conrad if he wasn't lumped into a this '2-pack'. It's a business move, a jewy one, but a business move nonetheless.
>>
>>5935287
>No one would buy Conrad if he wasn't lumped into a this '2-pack'. It's a business move, a jewy one, but a business move nonetheless.
Well they are getting less money from me as a result because I wanted to buy 3 Slan and I refuse to do it at 11,410 yen a piece. At 6,000-6,500 yen I would have totally pre-ordered 3 of them and probably 1 Conrad at 5,000-ish yen. So they would have got about 25,000 yen out of me as opposed to only getting 11,410 yen out of me now.

I understand why they did it but it totally fucks up my "buy 2-3 of figma I like" strategy and i'm pissed.
>>
>>5934463
I agree...this just doesn't look good.
>>
>>5935287
Was alienating potential buyers part of their plan?
I was looking forward to her. Thanks to the fucktarded price I'm skipping it, with no remorse.
>>
>>5935335

So they priced you out of being a speculative scalping faggot. What a shame.
>>
why does this figure cost well over 140USD?
>>
>>5935768

It's a "two pack"

Even though one of them is a small plastic statue.
>>
>>5935768
It costs like $120 on amiami
>>
>>5935287
>>5935347
>>5935004

How much was the Detective Conan figma?

wasn't he essentially the same deal? a statue shit with an articulated criminal?
I know this set has alot better paint and finish on it but still....fuck
>>
>>5935357
>So they priced you out of being a speculative scalping faggot. What a shame.
I don't buy multiples to sell them. I buy multiples just in case something breaks and also to get "perfect QC" by part swapping if necessary. Max Factory is generally high quality but there is variance in the QC and there has been many cases where I had to use parts from three figures just to get one perfect one. Then I either sell the extras to recoup what I spent -not profit- or keep them for spare parts depending on my love for the character.

For stuff I generally don't care as much about 1 copy is fine. For stuff I think is cool but too expensive or doesn't elicit super strong emotion I buy 2. For stuff I absolutely adore I buy 3 and usually keep all 3. Slan could have been a 3 copy release but they made it too expensive to do and i'm not going to cut other figures out of my budget for her.
>>
>>5936341
>How much was the Detective Conan figma?
>I know this set has alot better paint and finish on it but still....fuck
Figma Conan/Criminal was 5,680 yen before tax but this was in 2015 when prices weren't totally spiraling out of control yet and the exchange rate was better. Also the criminal is one color and Conan is pretty simplistic too.

In terms of plastic content there is more plastic with Slan/Conrad, same goes for paint detail and complexity. It's still way overpriced and should be closer to Femto's price at around 9,000 yen but it's definitely a more substantial release than Conan. Had Femto and Slan/Conrad been released in 2015 or even earlier they'd of probably been in the 7000 range tops.
>>
File: Siona1471554958.jpg (330KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Siona1471554958.jpg
330KB, 1024x683px
>>5935004
>Conrad is actually just a tiny painted plastic statue
>He's a fucking ACCESSORY.
Look at him from the side. He's not "tiny", he's pretty damn big. At the very least he's comparable to the egg base for Femto.
>>
>>5936475

Would anyone have really paid for this nothing character by himself? Anyone? Like what does he even fucking do in the comics. The only thing I can remember offhand is when the plague rats made his face. It is GS' way of getting us these five absolute shit characters the quickest way possible.

That they're even preoccupied with these nothing characters is annoying as fuck. Make fucking Wyald. Make fucking human Zodd. The God Hand do almost nothing in the comics of consequence besides Griffith. Who gives a fuck. Like seriously, what has Void ever done besides that mirror thing when SK tried to kill him? They're going to charge 14000¥ for him and Ubik too I'm sure. Like $140 for characters who have less significance to the story and fewer memorable moments than fucking Gambino.

Yes I'm mad
>>
>>5936504
To be fair, only Femto and Void are really much more than set pieces, when it comes to the God Hand. At least at this point in the manga.
>>
>>5936504
Mad that they're expensive or that they're even being made?

Shit man, what if they do something cool in the manga later. Don't be a bitch.
>>
>>5936517
>what if they do something cool in the manga later.
It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it within the next decade.
>>
File: latest.jpg (58KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
58KB, 900x900px
>>5936504
I agree with you, anon. Rather than the entire God Hand, they should have just made Femto, Skully, and Zodd if anything. GS love their little girls, so why not make Schierke? Even a Puck nendo would be better than this.
>>
>>5935347
This. I wanted slan primarily just for a lewd succubus, now I'm not getting one at all because of that hunk of shit attached to her.
>>
>>5936504
>Would anyone have really paid for this nothing character by himself?
Super fans who want a complete God Hand display would have. They look great together despite all your whining and bitching. You're right though, the average casual fan or non-fan wouldn't be too interested in Conrad/Ubik if they weren't packed in with Slan or Void. Also for all your bitching about Void he DOES look cool as fuck and that's undeniable.

I get where you're coming from >>5936976 and I get where you're coming from too. I would have personally preferred a Skull Knight, Zodd or new version of Guts with his later armor. You have to understand that the best time to sell Ubik, Conrad, Void and Slan is WITH Femto when the hype is red hot about having a complete display. They had to do the other members and advertise they were coming soon to increase sales among the less desirable members.

Will we get more Berserk stuff after this? If the sales are good, probably. It's worth noting that Max Factory abandoned the property and FREEing had to pick it up. So it's not like Max Factory was willing to give us more.
>>
>>5937038
Whats the difference between Max Factory and FREEing? Arnt these all figmas?

Besides, we all know if they only made Femto, Void, and Span there would be multiple " two pack god hand WHEN" threads for people who want everyone
>>
>>5937081

Different manufacturers/sculptors, working for Good Smile Co. "figma" is GSC, not necessarily Max or FREE.
>>
>>5937038

>super fans just buy everything and if you don't you're a casual

Ok dude. I guess my complete sets of the manga in both Japanese and English, dozens of old Berserk gashapon, that terrible 12 inch Guts, all the figma to this point, etc isn't enough, I need to be down with paying nearly $300 for four minor characters. Got it.
>>
>>5937038
>It's worth noting that Max Factory abandoned the property and FREEing had to pick it up. So it's not like Max Factory was willing to give us more.
This. Max Factory finished it's flavor the month milking. If you guys don't buy these God Hand figma you're telling FREEing not to bother with more releases. Max Factory quit after Casca sold poorly.

RANT WARNING: It's shit like this that prevents companies from wanting to release more than a few ultra popular characters. Look at Silent Hill, people were demanding action figures for years and when they finally come out for cheaper than normal prices no one fucking bought them. The nurse is getting liquidated at 70% off regularly despite having an amazing sculpt/paint job, good articulation, good accessories and 3 unique heads that look great. Pyramid Head is still sitting around though the first run did sell out which is probably why they tried the nurse. Seriously though, support the lines or shut up about companies never releasing more than a few characters. Yeah Slan is overpriced but if you skip her and Void you're going to kill the line.
>>
>>5937099
see >>5937102
A super fan would understand that not buying these figures would kill the line and prevent them from getting stuff they might care more about. Whether you consider them minor or not is irrelevant to that simple truth. Also, Art of War released God Hand statues in the past because guess what? People fucking want them and they are visually iconic even if they haven't done anything super notable outside of Femto. So maybe just maybe the people at FREEing are huge fans and want some affordable action figures of them because the statues cost a fortune.

Seriously though, do you just hate their designs or something? Is looking cool not enough justification to own them for you? Would you buy them at a lower price or do you feel they need to be involved in epic battles to be worthy of figures?
>>
I pre ordered Femto, and plan on buying Void. Have skull knight pre ordered too. I'll pick up Slan if she bins.
>>
>>5937099
>terrible 12 inch Guts
Which figure is that? The RAH or the ThreeZero? And why is it terrible?
>>
>>5937878
He's referring to the old Art of War one. I have it too, he's kinda cool I guess, but I've been thinking of selling him.
>>
>>5934358
Looks fine to me. Just wait until the bend over pics.
>>
> Have skull knight pre ordered too

what?
>>
>>5938004
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5942/Skull+Knight.html
>>
>>5936517
Everyone will be dead before Conrad does something interesting. If we are lucky enough and still care about Hiatus the manga in 20 more years when he does, no one will give a shit because he's a fucking statue.
>>
>>5936475
Looks like he's got some articulation too. Not much but I spy what looks like a neck joint and joints on all of the tentacles. Sometimes small subtle things like that can make a world of difference on a figure in hand and, lets be honest, what other poses would this character ever even be in? I dunno about the price tag but he at least looks like he's not that bad of an accessory for the character he comes with.

On the note of price though, I'm guessing it has to do with how niche the figure is gonna be with figma's general consumer base. MF probably doesn't expect it to sell a lot so they're charging more for it so the few people who do buy it can offset the cost of the people who won't. Then, once they feel like they can't move any more of them, they'll discount it. Japanese companies tend to pull shit like this a lot with underestimating fan demand so they'll pull shit like this to get make up for what they expect. That's half the reason exclusives exist for them. They know that consumers will buy them just BECAUSE it's exclusive so they tend to make characters and figures that they either don't expect anybody to buy or it's the same thing but with a different head or accessory or piece of armor. Making it exclusive pretty much guarantees they'll sell it all.
>>
>>5937102
>Casca sold poorly.
May be if figure was better - there are will be no problem with the sales.
i'm not that fan, and i hate those version of casca - only way i would buy it - if revoltech make it in legacy line, like queen's blade. it's like rin tohsaka - bad sales cause bad figure (not bad at all - but without coat it's definitly wrong)
And about slan conrad and ubik - freeing can make separetly slan and pack of conrad and ubik - and all people will be happy.
>>
File: 59878943576093745976498.jpg (165KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
59878943576093745976498.jpg
165KB, 774x1032px
GUYS! SEMEN DEMON IS TOO EXPENSIVE!
PREORDER NOW OR WAIT FOR BARGAIN BIN?!
WE BOYCOTT NOW?
>>
She does not look hot in that naked doll like body, bad tits , bad ass. They really should sell her for much cheaper and then have a DX version that includes Conrad.
>>
>>5936504
Everybody is ripping-off berserk fans, it's an old nice tradition.
>>
>>5938359
>Next Chapter: sometime in 2017
Fuck..... even Miura himself is ripping us off.
>>
>>5938367

Did a new Idol M@ster game come out or something?
>>
>>5938378
He's just plain lazy & losing interest.
>>
>>5938381
>lazy
>38 volumes in 27 years
>1 volume of Gigantomakhia as well
Look, he may not be releasing shit at a breakneck pace anymore but calling mangaka lazy in general is bullshit. They work their asses off and if you really want to see lazy look at artists working in western comics. I'd rather he take a break and get his shit together than let the manga fall apart entirely like Bleach did. Maybe he just needs to think some stuff out in order to do the best manga possible.
>>
>>5938378
A VR game is coming out. We may never hear from Miura again.
>>
File: 62188816.jpg (106KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
62188816.jpg
106KB, 500x375px
>>5938431
>Maybe he just needs to think some stuff out in order to do the best manga possible.
LOL!
>>
>>5938378
>FryNotSureIfSerious.jpg

In any case anyone wonders, in all honestly, Miura announced the hiatus because the new anime. He'll try to release episodes following the new season, so both fans, the new and old, can have something too look forward.

Which is kind of stupid, because anime moves much faster than manga, so publishing new episodes on the season break is the best way to boost sales and create hype for the anime ("Can wait to see this fight in animated form!"), and that's another reason for filler arcs, just ask the fairy tail fans. Or don't, that thing is pretty bad and I don't want to imagine how it's fanbase must be.

Also, when an anime moves so fast it surpasses the manga, either it turns to shit and years later we get an updated and closer to the source version (Sailor moon, Full metal alchemist), or the manga must follow the anime premise and turns to shit (Akame ga kill), or just never ends, like X by Clamp.
>>
File: 98463298546206.png (188KB, 603x452px) Image search: [Google]
98463298546206.png
188KB, 603x452px
>>5938564
>>
>>5938431

This isn't skullknight forum, you don't have to fellate Miura here to avoid ban.

"Lazy" may be a bit harsh and presumptuous but it's crystal clear that guy is all kinds of burnt out. That he drew that other manga fairly recently says a lot.

Frankly I think he may have had a George "I may have gone too far in a few places" moment and know where he wants to go with it anymore. This comic is about as far from a satisfactory ending as it has ever been and I could probably exceed the character limit compiling a list of its loose ends, some of which popped up close to 30 years ago.
>>
>>5938204
Hard for me to tell what you're getting at, what's so bad about Casca besides the fact that her skin is so light? I don't have her, just wondering
>>
>>5938431
With the detail that goes into the pages I don't disagree, though I don't disagree with people saying he's burnt out either. How long until the manga just ends with Guts dying or something?
>>
inb4 guts forgives griffith
>>
File: 1466508859711.gif (194KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
1466508859711.gif
194KB, 200x202px
>>5934328
Tfw i preordered her now...
>>
>>5939088

>how long until the manga just ends with Miura dying or something

ftfy
>>
>>5938658
>>5939088
Burnt out? Sure. Definitely not lazy though. I agree he probably underestimated how long it'd take him to get through the story he probably planned and now he's burnt out and not too sure how to do it. Even if the ending sucks or he dies first it was a great ride worthy of praise.
>>
Am I the only one looking forward to this? -_-
>>
>>5939932

I preordered it but I'm not thrilled with anything about it. Price, goofy ass, derp tongue face are all unfortunate. But my desire to have a complete figma Berserk run which I didn't pay double MSRP for supersedes those complaints.
>>
>>5938564
>the manga must follow the anime premise and turns to shit (Akame ga kill),
>implying AgK was ever good
top kek my friend
>>
>>5938431
>look at artists working in western comics
Do you understand that having 15 assistants like a typical mangaka and a black and white medium doesn't really make a great comparison to one guy in America doing all the line work and coloring for a monthly issue? How much work do you think Oda would get done in a month if he had to do something aside from filling in faces after his assistants did every last figure and background? He'd be lucky to hit 15 pages a month, and half that if he needed to color all the pages.

Same goes with Miura. With all of his assistants running at full steam his work is about as complex and labor intensive as Arthur Adams, and Adams is about 5 times more prolific just by himself.

tl;dr you're a fucking idiot and mangaka couldn't handle the pressures of the american comic industry
>>
>>5940196

>mangaka couldn't handle the pressures of the american comic industry

What are those? Never coming up with an original idea to save your life, and being doomed to work on superheroes from the 1930's for your entire career?
>>
>>5940273
>Never coming up with an original idea to save your life
>he says without detecting the irony of defending manga with that statement
>>
>>5940303
not that anon, but dude there are boxing manga, cooking manga, soccer manga, salaryman golf manga.
you really have to search to find american comics that aren't capeshit or zombieshit.
>>
>>5940196
>15 assistants like a typical mangaka
>one guy in America doing all the line work and coloring for a monthly issue?
As someone who actually knows the ins and outs of both industries I can already tell you don't know jack shit. I could type out a long response making you look like an idiot but pretty sure everyone here already knows you are.
>>
>>5940196
>>5940303
Not even just about originality, but being a mangaka is a labor of love. There's almost no benefits to it other than doing something you love, and unless you're already one of the very few who are so popular you can take a hiatus when you please, there's no letting up. Any given team for a weekly manga is 3-4 people, while in American comics you have the same people working on monthly issues, with about 6 more pages. For what, coloring? That shit's not even the majority of the time.

They're both certainly pressured positions, but mangaka is far more intense.
>>
File: mangaka.jpg (316KB, 866x1202px) Image search: [Google]
mangaka.jpg
316KB, 866x1202px
>>5940196
As much as i think that guy is wrong about calling western artists lazy, they are compared to the slave labor industry in Japan.
Sucks to be them.
>>
>>5936504

I would have bought him if he came 2 pack with Ubik.

I guess I'm just not a picky person and I wanted all of Godhand anyway.
>>
>>5940343
Please do. Because a "you're wrong but I can't articulate it" argument equates to you being a dipshit that can't actually posit a valid argument because you know you're wrong. >>5940569 completely validates what I'm saying - that most of the actual drawing time is done by assistants and the mangaka does the flashy stuff. American comic artists get none of that.

If you're at the highest echelons as a US comic artist and are somehow capable of doing 3 books a month, you might rely on a finisher. But the amount of actual drawing time and labor by a single artist is very lopsided towards the American end.
>>
>>5940803
Did you even read the fucking post you're quoting? "Time that assistants are helping" doesn't equate to "free time not working" especially when it says right there he only gets THREE FUCKING HOURS of free time on Saturday. That's literally it. He is still working on the manga at the same time the assistants are dipshit.

In the manga industry assistants typically help with grunt work like backgrounds, running around town taking reference photos, drawing tanks/vehicles if the main artist isn't comfortable drawing them and things of that nature. Sometimes they do more, sometimes they do less but they NEVER take over the entire project like you're implying so that the main manga-ka is just drawing faces only.
>>
>>5940196
>one guy in America doing all the line work and coloring
>line work
>and coloring
>coloring

This kills the artist. even though inkers are being phased out an artist will rarely ever color their own work.

also not mentioned is the output difference between American comics and manga. standard American comic is like 26 ~ 28 pages a month. Typical manga needs 20 ~ 25 pages a WEEK. that kind of output necessitates assistants.

anyway morale of the story is...don't call comic/manga artists lazy. it's just not true for either.
>>
>>5942732
you're lazy then
>>
Why are people so upset over the ass? Of course it's broken up, IT'S AN ACTION FIGURE! If you really don't want that then buy a statue. I think it's fine.
>>
>>5943240
Because everyone who has been in the figma game longer than you knows they can do a better ass?
>>
>>5943340
Yeah, a better ass with clothes attached.

>>5943240
They should have just included a second lower torso like figma Lady in my honest opinion. That way you could get the seamless look when you need it and the action figure articulation when you need it.
>>
>>5940196
Are you retarded? American comics have separate people doing the sketching & drawing, inking, and coloring and each of them have several assistants. And nowadays there are plenty of "artists" that don't even actually draw, they just trace over 3D staged scenes by yet another team of workers whose only purpose is to stage scenes.
>>
>>5943340
Gotta disagree with this, theres really no good way you can do an articulated naked butt, its just not reasonable.
>>
File: 14289951027_346c816be2_c.jpg (138KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
14289951027_346c816be2_c.jpg
138KB, 800x568px
>>5943746
orly
>>
>>5943783
He's clearly talking about Figmas, which doesn't use rubber that rots within a few years, dipshit.
>>
>>5943340

Figma asses look weird. They've got a butt cheek sculpted on the legs, but also a butt sculpted on the...Butt.

So they end up with two butts sort of.
>>
>>5943810
The butt on the leg is so it looks continuous with the butt plate. Obviously it does end up looking weird but considering most figmas can barely swing their legs forward it looks alright when standing around.

>>5943783
>rubber coated 1/6 figures
>lasting more than a year without cracking
>liking crack ass
>>
>>5943819
who can say, anon. "self-healing" skin on dummies used for medical training was considered an impossibility several years ago. maybe the future of bare butt action figures lies in a different direction from plastic plates, if we can develop non-cracking material that takes paint well and make subtle changes in articulation to account for it.
>>
>>5942732
colourists are still around anon. but a lot of artists are starting to ink their shit.
>>
>>5943847
You can already paint flexible materials, but only with a special PVC paint that's stewing in a solvent so toxic you'd get cancer in 10 years as opposed to the 40-50 years of lacquer or similar high-toxicity paint solvent legal in the west.
>>
File: lazy fight scene.jpg (181KB, 736x1083px) Image search: [Google]
lazy fight scene.jpg
181KB, 736x1083px
>>5942732
> Typical manga needs 20 ~ 25 pages a WEEK. that kind of output necessitates assistants.
This is why i dislike most manga.
The story suffers. The artwork suffers. Everything suffers because of this breakneck pace.
There's very few manga where they artist/writer is given time to plan shit out and not have assistants draw everything but talking heads and the usual confusing fight scenes.
Seriously, when the creator/artist is involved in doing everything himself, fight scenes aren't fucking confusing. I always thought it was because they lacked color, but not having 2 or 3 artists drawing a single panel keeps things flowing smoother. Even when it's just a single artist, the shortcuts they take are pretty lazy.
>>
>>5943937
okay, then with paint that uses a non-toxic solvent. clearly we have a ways to go for butt perfection, cracked rubber asses are just the first step!
>>
>>5940196
This. I was hiring to make a comic and had to cancel because the costs were exorbitant and off the charts for precisely this reason. Lowest cost per page was $75, highest was $250 per page, no colorist included btw. For comparison a manga-ka will typically get $10-25 a page + 10% in royalties until they EARN higher pay by getting big sales. Then they can get anywhere from $100-400 a page which is when they start hiring assistants.

Here is some sobering info for those interested. It'd basically cost $15,000-50,000 to make a single 200 page volume in America vs $2,000-5,000 to make the same volume in Japan. So it's no mystery why Japan has more creativity, more experimentation in genres and doesn't have to rely on a single played out genre from the "big two" to make money. I'd of went bankrupt trying to pay artists here long enough to MAYBE get a fanbase capable of buying the 2,000-7,000+ copies i'd need just to break even. I'd need to double that just to pay my living expenses.

On a side note...even though artists in America demand higher pay they will not commit to long term projects even if you offer high royalties and the first volume sold super well. They are more interested in landing a dream job at Marvel/DC and aren't shy about letting you know that fact. The others want to do their own thing one day at Image (they hire lots of indies) and so you're literally paying them tens of thousands of dollars to kickstart their career and give them fame so they can abandon you at the drop of a hat and probably end up killing your comic in the process due to constant artist changes.

That's why I decided to just draw the damn thing myself.
>>
>>5944091
How many hours did it take you per page?
>So it's no mystery why Japan has more creativity, more experimentation in genres and doesn't have to rely on a single played out genre from the "big two" to make money.
It's because there's a significantly weaker demographic buying comics than Japanese buying manga. Comics are a fucking niche here, compared to the 90s.

The industry, despite being both comics, are much different from one another.
>>
>>5944108
>Comics are a fucking niche here, compared to the 70s.
fixed that for you

90s sales were only as high as they were because of the speculator market. People buying dozens of number ones, instead of dozen thousand billion people buying them.
>>
>>5944110
Stand corrected, etc.
>>
>>5944108
>It's because there's a significantly weaker demographic buying comics than Japanese buying manga. Comics are a fucking niche here, compared to the 90s.
There are a lot of factors to consider, I agree. There is lack of literacy in America, the Comics Code Authority creatively crippling things for decades, the higher cost of printing (color/paper) and much much more. What I listed is only one of many things holding our industry back. From a pure investment standpoint though the cost of making a comic here is just too damned high to do anything but play it safe.
>How many hours did it take you per page?
Right now? I'm still learning, practicing and finding new shortcuts but about 10-15+ hours. A combination of Clip Studio Paint and DAZ is working really well for me. Clip Studio Paint has a great brush engine and all the features you need to save time and draw manga efficiently. DAZ plugs up the holes with CSP because the 3D mannequin included is really really sluggish to pose. Also with DAZ you can basically save tons of partial poses and then combine them together to get closer to the idea you want and then do smaller tweaks which you can then save to a growing library of poses. Then you can rotate the camera around and find the look you want for each panel instead of doing dozens and dozens of rough sketches by hand.

To be clear, I do not trace over DAZ like a lot of American artists are currently doing. I only use it for pose reference and help with perspective. Everything else is drawn by hand because I want my soul to be in the art but i'm not so proud that I push away shortcuts that can save me tons of time. I've only been drawing actively for a few years and without CSP/DAZ it'd probably take me closer to 30+ hours to get a page done, as I improve I estimate I could probably get a page done in as little as 5-8 hours, maybe quicker for lower detail pages.
>>
File: country-2013.jpg (36KB, 630x386px) Image search: [Google]
country-2013.jpg
36KB, 630x386px
>>5944154
>There is lack of literacy in America
?
The US is not only a top tier country when it comes to literacy, they also read the more books than most other countries.
>>
>>5944514
>According to a study conducted in late April by the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy, 32 million adults in the U.S. can't read. That's 14 percent of the population. 21 percent of adults in the U.S. read below a 5th grade level, and 19 percent of high school graduates can't read
Being able to read, being able to read well and enjoying reading are three separate things. The lack of literacy in the US is less "can't read at all" and more "can't read well and actually understand what they are reading fully nor recall it later" which would affect enjoyment of reading heavy experiences like comics or books.

Our consumption of more books is factoring in our very big kid's book industry (top selling comic is a kid's comic for example) and all print in general. Compared against countries with legit lack of education we come ahead, same for countries with smaller populations. On a citizen per citizen level Japan has higher literacy and are more prolific readers which helps propel their manga industry.
>>
File: KF_D_Overall2.jpg (48KB, 435x281px) Image search: [Google]
KF_D_Overall2.jpg
48KB, 435x281px
>>5944539
Different standards
>Percent of U.S. adults who can’t read (below a basic level)
>(below a basic level)
So basically, it's your average dumbshit on /toy/ who's considered illiterate. They can read my post all the same, but understand it?
It's why people get so angry over stupid shit on here.

In other countries, it usually just means can they read the squiggly lines.
Still, doesn't change the fact that the US reads more books than most other countries.
>>
File: inforgraphic4_v3.jpg (533KB, 4144x2834px) Image search: [Google]
inforgraphic4_v3.jpg
533KB, 4144x2834px
>>5944539
>Our consumption of more books is factoring in our very big kid's book industry (top selling comic is a kid's comic for example)
Yeah, but there are a lot of adults who read that trash too. It's not high end, but neither is manga.
Lots of the best sellers in the US are teen and kids books like Hunger Games, Twilight, and Harry Potter, more than "adult fiction." There's a reason why the NYT separates their best sellers by category, otherwise the top 10 books would mostly just be children and teen books. And the bible.

I'm not a fan of this graph, since it doesn't seem to consider reading shit on the internet counts as reading.
This one pretty much says the same thing as the regular graphs https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/mar/11/finland-ranked-worlds-most-literate-nation
Top 10 most literate countries

1 Finland
2 Norway
3 Iceland
4 Denmark
5 Sweden
6 Switzerland
7 US
8 Germany
9 Latvia
10 Netherlands
>>
File: 1472924629354.jpg (94KB, 627x658px) Image search: [Google]
1472924629354.jpg
94KB, 627x658px
>>5944556
>>5944514
that you subjectanon? were you shitting up the thread all along? or did you smell a east vs. west argument happening? oh you scamp

>So basically, it's your average dumbshit on /toy/ who's considered illiterate. They can read my post all the same, but understand it?
It's why people get so angry over stupid shit on here.

>"clearly they can't read that's why they disagree with me!!"
sasuga subjectanon-kun
>>
File: 1388687197359.jpg (29KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
1388687197359.jpg
29KB, 533x400px
Welcome to /toy/, where we argue over literacy and the toys don't matter
>>
>>5944091
Dez?
>>
This off-topic bullshit should be deleted, its running up Hiro's server costs and killing 4chan.
>>
>>5945004
In all honestly, this isn't as bad as the toy photography thread.

No, seriously. Hiroyuki announced that one of the measures they are taking is limiting the dimensions of uploaded archives to reduce bandwith. Those assholes who upload 5000×4000 pixels pictures of unfocused crap are hurting more this place than any of this off-topic threads.
>>
>>5945151
Probably that one dude who post his skeletons non stop.

Its not cute man, im sorry.
>>
>>5944758
>providing and citing proof is bad
Sure is troll who doesn't like to be proven wrong.
>>
>>5944539
>The lack of literacy in the US is less "can't read at all"

well that's literally what illiteracy is you stupid yuropoor
>>
>>5938215
>bargain bin

KEK Unless you want one that was hot glued then go wait for it there. Hope you like the smell of squid.
>>
>>5945151
you think that's bad, there's a who group of faggots on /k/ who post 4mb pics of their rifles, or even worse, of landscapes they're shooting up. it's the same 30-40 pics that get posted every thread. honestly I can't think of any reason to do this outside of /hr/ /p/ /w/ /wg/ /ic/ unless you're supremely autistic
>>
File: mato_sweater_shows_pussy.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mato_sweater_shows_pussy.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>5934421
>no pubes
easy fix
>>
File: 71B-tp9bCIL._SL1500_.jpg (142KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71B-tp9bCIL._SL1500_.jpg
142KB, 1500x1000px
I'd buy a bootleg one at this point
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.