[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys watch toy review channels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: 1464290472837.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1464290472837.png
65KB, 285x276px
Do you guys watch toy review channels?
>>
>>5934164
I never have. What are some good ones?
>>
>>5934164
No because all they do is tell you to buy from
B I G B A D T O Y S T O R E

I

G

B

A

D

T

O

Y

S

T

O

R

E
>>
>>5934164
i only watch lucky penny shop now. i got tired of watching the same, generic action figure toy reviewer.
>>
>>5934164
stevens toy reviews
>>
>>5934267

Big

BIG

BIIIIIIIIIG
>>
>>5934267
I guess if you watch the ones that review baby toys and take sponsorships
>>
>>5934173
Glenn Webb

[spoiler]rip[/spoiler]
>>
I watch Ashens, but that doesn't really count I think
>>
>>5934164
I don't care about channels.
If or when I watch reviews it's so I can learn about the figure in question I'm ogling, usually so I can check its articulation.
>>
>>5934486
This x 1000
>>
CROOOOTCH COPTER
>>
>>5934164
>review before the release
>guy doesn't want to lose his privileges and will say the toy is good no matter what

>review after the release
>I have the toy too

No, there's no point.
>>
I only really watch Vangelus and Thew.

I tried watching Peaugh for a while but I can't get through his videos.
>>
>>5934164
nope, i mainly search for picture reviews. though sometimes i search if Vangelus reviewed something i want
>>
>>5934164
no because I don't need 10 minutes of their 'personality' another 10 minutes of the box and then a quick spin of the actual figure.
>>
>>5934270
Yeah. I collect action figures but the only video reviews i watch are those kiddy playset ones. They make good background noise
>>
Jobby's reviews are great, helped me decide on a Figma and now i'm thinking of buying the GN Archer because of him
>>
>>5934662
seconding jobby, hell i'm even a patron of his.

but he has this superiority complex about his painted gunpla that irritates me
>>
>>5934680

> Paying someone to film themselves playing with toys
>>
>>5934690
it's my money :]
>>
>>5934164
I watch Vangelus and TJ Omega, the latter mainly because I used to watch his retro-cartoon reviews and figgered "What the Hell..."
>>
>>5934164
I watch Lucky Penny Shop, JangBricks Just2Good and Squirrel Stampede.
>>
Type V3. Dude's got somewhat similar taste and and has little bullshit. Also Mecha Gaikotsu if I feel like bleeding my eardrum
>>
I only watch Vangelus mostly because his reviews are entertaining.

I use to watch a lot more a few years ago, peaugh, rrobbert184, vegeta8259, FurySanctuary....
>>
>>5934737
among the 3, meads is the absolute worst
>>
>>5934749
He sounds like a nice guy and he's got some really cool figs to review but man I can't handle how he talks and how his reviews are so fucking long.
>>
>>5934283
CLICK THE LINK THE DESCRIPTION BELOOOOOOW
>>
I used to watch gunpla reviews but I grew out of it.

Haven't had much time to dedicate to gunpla.
>>
>>5934752
eh.... hehehe

dis feegure is really... eh... good? hehe
>>
I watch emgo316. Some people don't like him but, the guy is very energetic and not SUPER SERIOUS like other reviewers.
>>
Mike and Elio for doll reviews, since they unbox and actually call out Mattel for their shit quality.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 1556x874px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 1556x874px
>>5934749
>>5934752
I fucking hate having somewhat niche taste, because it means Meads is usually one of the few people to review the toys I want. He's so fucking insufferable, yet apparently rich as fuck. He's my only reference for a lot of the import stuff I want.

>Considering buying Sentinel's Dancouga
>Only reviews on youtube are fucking Meads and some nasally voiced, hamhanded hick with a smartphone camera.

fuck me.

I like Jobby at first, but as I got to his newer videos they got so full of insufferable humor I had to stop. He just seems desperate for attention. Its this blend of deprecation and narcism that just comes across as pathetic. doesn't help that he's a poor art school so his relevant reviews are few and far between.

I don't remember most names, but from what I see
RocketPunchArmy is pretty cool, nothing negative to say. Kuma has some weird bias against him coming from the autistic haven that is Transformers forums, but he seems alright based on his vid reviews.
Shartimus's whole thing is annoying,but having an older brother who acts like him got me used to it. He's actually pretty good getting past the juvenile aspect. His earlier reviews where he feels less like a character where better.
Anthony's customs is alright, but I don't watch much since I think I diverge from his opinions too much. him hating the SHF Kinnikuman stuff was the last nail in the coffin, really; I can't take his opinions of articulation seriously when he hates what are some of the nicest articulated figures on the market.

Thew was a cool novelty but wears thin.

Anymoon(the Macross guy) are really long, but I don't mind that; those figures really need thorough breakdowns. They feel more clinical than reviews, but ultimately I get a good feeling for the figures from them.

CollectionDX videos generally are pointless.Earlier reviews are just cringeworthy.

I avoid sean Long at all cost. I'll stand Meads videos, but even if Sean is the only video on youtube, I won't.
>>
>Kuma's going off for military service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV0-t0vfIAs
>>
>>5934749
>>5934752

Lel I told him to stop giggling all the fucking time in one of his reviews and he got really assblasted about it.
>>
I like the mommyandgracieshow
>>
>>5934267
Only review I've seen do that was Anthony's Customs, but I typically don't watch too many reviews.
>>
>>5935890
At this point I'm just hoping Vangelus reviews the more niche toys Meads has. I couldn't get through the Mazinkaiser review even without sound.
>>
>consistently informative or entertaining
jobbythehong
typev3
jabman025
jangbricks
rrobbert184 (pls come back)
youheidx
wotafa
zakuaurelius

>only watching if the above list didn't cover something
peaugh
baltmatrix
optibotimus
budgetstark
citrus
hadoken gundam
hd toy theater
mmprtoys
toys210
toyfan
thegunplameister
vegeta8259

>other
channel2s (second soundwave) - news
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-28-12-21-47.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-28-12-21-47.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>5936991
rrobbert184 was the fucking best, super informative, great in depth but well paced reviews. Great tone aswell, not too humorous but not too serious. I miss him.
>>
Tried watching TJ omega and a few seconds onto the video my screen and keyboard oozed grease. Fuck that.
>>
>>5937058
i saw he did a few written photo reviews for hlj or some other website, which is a shame. it's also a pity that his last videos were about ninninger of all things

he really needs to come back. that voice is too soothing to keep away from youtube
>>
I usually buy toys when they're marked down and older so I still watch Glenn Webb reviews if he has one of the toy I want.
>>
>>5937066
r.i.p.
>>
>>5937058
>super informative, great in depth but well paced reviews

He was the King of rambling. Listening to him speak was like watching a middle school kid write a paper by padding everything up with nonsense
>>
>>5934737
Type V3 is a fucking faggot
>>
>inhale
Hey everyone
>Wheeze
This is
>Breathe
Peaugh
>Inhale
Today we're
>Choking
Gonna look at
>Breathe
Transformers
>Inhale
Be sure to buy from
>Wheeze
Bigbadtoystore
>>
>>5936991

>rrobbert184

His production quality was good, but his way of over extending words and dragging out reviews over an insane number of videos made him the most annoying gunpla reviewer, right next to prime92.

>Vegeta8259

Isn't really a reviewer, I mean he's done some reviews in the past, but he's mainly about scratch building now, and he's pretty much the best gunpla youtuber for learning that kind of stuff.
>>
>>5937177
1. unbox
2. assembled component pieces
3. assembled mobile suit
4. verdict

four. truly the most insane number.

unless you're talking about special cases where kits have transformations or his pg 00 raiser videos, it's hardly overkill.

and who ever complained about too much content? just skip the stuff you're uninterested in.
>>
>>5937214
Everyone else manages it in 1-2 videos. To pick some of his latest reviews, MG Sinanju Stein had 7 videos, MG Star Build Strike had 7, MG Aile Strike RM had 7, HG Perfect Strike had 4.

He posted 150 fucking videos about his trip to japan. He's never heard of quality over quantity, which is probably why he isn't around anymore.
>>
>>5937232
>just skip the stuff you're uninterested in
>>
>>5937214
This.

If you only care about the verdict, just watch the last video, I would sometimes skip the unboxing.
>>
Toy Galaxy.
>>
>>5934694
money you could use buying more toys for yourself.

fucking idiot.
>>
>>5938454
i buy toys anyway :]
>>
>>5938776
>paying someone to play with toys that you yourself could own
>taking out budget for potential toys for yourself
>less toys in comparison

I don't get the point of paying patreon for toy reviewers, but then again I use adblock and dislike every video even if I like it.

I work 9-5 7 days a week, I don't want freeloaders getting paid to play with fucking toys
>>
>>5938853
But Tjomega's 99 year old grandma will die!!
>>
>>5938451
Seconding this. Toy Galaxy is awesome.
>>
>>5934551
Pretty much this.
>>
I only watch Lucky Penny Shop and pstoyreviews lately just to watch them open blind box figures.
I also watch Phelous' bootleg toy reviews.
>>
File: bobby skullface.png (75KB, 236x265px) Image search: [Google]
bobby skullface.png
75KB, 236x265px
So what does he actually look like?
>>
>>5937169
Peaugh doesn't even do that, you idiot.

And he's a tfsource fag, not a BBTS one.
>>
File: ahegao.jpg (99KB, 605x650px) Image search: [Google]
ahegao.jpg
99KB, 605x650px
thew
vangelus
thecollector75 (he's kinda clumsy, but he seems a nice guy).
wotafa DESS
cube DESS
>>
>>5934164
The only reviewer I can tolerate at this point is Mr Evilcheese. He's not as popular as some of the other reviewers, but I enjoy his vids. He adds short funny skits at the end of each of them. He mainly reviews The Walking Dead figures, but he also does NECA and MLs sometimes too.

I used to watch vangelus and peagh when I was into TFs, but I sorta stopped collecting them so I unsubbed from both of em awhile ago. I liked their reviewing style, but I stopped giving a shit after I didn't care for anything they were reviewing anymore.
>>
>>5941461
shit, forgot to mention I liked Thew's reviews, too. even after I took a break from TFs I still liked him because he came off so much more chill and laid back compared to other reviewers. I probably forgot because he uploads once on a blue moon.
>>
>>5941461
>"only reviewer I can tolerate...is Mr Evilcheese"
I can't even process this statement. That guy is cringe incarnate
>>
>>5934305
I loved that guy.
>>
>>5941486
>uses buzzword without any further elaboration
>expects me to take him seriously

Okay. He makes you cringe. And.... what? Literally every toy reviewer who takes them self too seriously makes me cringe. I mean, the idea in itself of grown adult men critiquing action figures in the form of videos is pretty fucking cringey if you ask me. At least Mr. Evilcheese has fun with it, because he doesn't really care about subs, he just does it for fun. Whats wrong with that exactly?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.