[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember any of these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Toyfare0060002-3.jpg (1MB, 2560x1881px) Image search: [Google]
Toyfare0060002-3.jpg
1MB, 2560x1881px
Remember any of these?
>>
I have that Max Rebo plush.
>>
>>5912847

I think I bought from them once.

Brian's Toys too...they sucked. They were just awful.
>>
I remember those ads from the old Action Figure News & Reviews magazines, along with the black and white text-only ones that were for the small little trickle of japanese import figures at the time.

Fuck man, getting toy news from a magazine... what a trip down memory lane. I remember me and my brother would take turns circling the figures we wanted, one-by-one, whenever a new issue of Wizard would come out and the next wave of the old cartoon Spider-Man figures were shown. Shit got competitive, and with me being the stupid little brother I always ended up circling the bajillion shitty Spider-Man variants first while he would circle Venom, Carnage, Nick Fury, and so on.
>>
>>5912902
How bad were they?
>>
>>5912847
just reading about/looking at catalogs of toys was just as interesting as owning them back then, for me. I was poor
>>
>>5912847
nope i didnt collect any of those toylines
>>
>>5916823
Oh god, right? I fucking loved those Kenner catalogues that were in everything they made.
>>
Oh I love to 'member toys!
>>
>>5916996
'member he-man? 'member kenner?
>>
>>5916778

Rape prices and Brian himself was a twat knobber.
>>
Heh. I remember trying to get a figure of The Maxx from them and they refused to sell him alone, they insisted I buy the entire case assortment
>>
starting with that Star WArs box, i have the plush Jawa, Slave Leia*, Sand Trooper, Storm Trooper*, from the Star Trek area i have Ilia*, 9" Jordi LaForge* (not pictured) and 12" 7 of 9* (not pictured) At the bottom i have Lady Demon* and the Ltd. Duke Nukem (with CD ROM and Freeze Thrower) Top right i have Toy Biz Tomb Raider and Gambit vs Cammy and Juggernaut vs Chun Li from XM vs SF (the Capt America from the Cap/Morrigan MvsC figures was the best Cap for a while and i have that, too). Total Justice Huntress, Manga Spawn, 2 Manga Angelas (the first one and the one in the wal mart only display case*) and i think i have red Assassin One from Wetworks. Yeah, i am a mad man lol
*-indicates it is still on display and not stored
>>
>>5918031
also i have never ordered from hanger 18, i do remember their ads, though
>>
File: JEAN.jpg (41KB, 337x480px) Image search: [Google]
JEAN.jpg
41KB, 337x480px
I remember being floored seeing those exclusive Toy Biz Marvel sets like the Hall of Fame She Force one pictured, Marvel Gold, etc. Granted most of them were repaints but they were creative and allowed them to release a lot of characters that didn't have a chance in regular retail. Getting someone like Moon Knight or Black Panther or Vision used to be a challenge, especially to a kid who couldn't get his parents to order anything since they were a premium price vs. the Marvel Universe figures you could get from KB Toys for $2-$5.

This figure was especially a hard blow to take since the first release of this figure other than this repaint was that terrible pre-posed Jean Grey from the Onslaught wave. I had to settle with an Invisible Women repaint of Jean in her X-Factor outfit from the Famous Couples two-pack.
>>
File: IMG_20160916_153352.jpg (50KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_153352.jpg
50KB, 310x500px
>>5918241
That mold was also X-Force's Domino at some point
>>
>>5918241
Jean Grey from the Onslaught line wasn't THAT bad. Her and Onsalught were the only two decent figures from that wave, which was given super-super shitty distribution (IIRC only fucking Kay-Bee got it, due to them being the only place that consistently ordered the new waves Toy Biz kept releasing every couple of months).

That said, they DID try and do a retail release for the Jim Lee costume a second time but that wave got killed too due too condemning it, Maggot, AOA Sinister, and classic costume Cyclops to unreleased oblivion
>>
>tfw no Max Rebo Plush Buddy
>>
File: $_58.jpg (52KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
$_58.jpg
52KB, 640x426px
>>5919588
It was Domino originally.

My friend had it - he hated the hair. I had superior pic related.
>>
>>5912847
I collected Spiderman, Batman and Star Wars
>Batman villains not mass released
Still puzzles me to this day. Batman has a ton of enemies, and yet the stores carry no one for him to fight?

Feels bad that I still have most of them and none of them are worth anything. What do I do with them now that there are better figures available?
>>
File: polaris.jpg (32KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
polaris.jpg
32KB, 375x500px
>>5920987
>What do I do with them now that there are better figures available?
BTAS only display.
>>5918241
i don't own this
>>5919588
i do own this, though i didn't take a picture of mine
>>5920774
i don't recall ever seeing these
>>5919603
I have Onslaught and Jean, and the Rocket Raccoon wave Jean, so like 2 Jim Lee Jeans in my whole collection. I also swore Jean/Domino was repainted into Polaris, but i was wrong...and i don't own this, either.
>>
>>5921153
Polaris was a Rogue repaint, not a Domino repaint

Being a Lorna waifu fan is suffering: her upcoming Marvel Legends figure is going to be the first time she's had a figure that isn't a cheaply made repaint of another character
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.