[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plastic Building Block General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_12900.jpg (419KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_12900.jpg
419KB, 1600x1200px
Because we needed a new one I guess.
>>
File: IMG_6218.jpg (165KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6218.jpg
165KB, 1200x900px
Haven't seen a single Echo or Foxtrot series here, woe is me.

>tfw the time of plenty is long gone
>>
I can't really be bothered to dig him out to photo him right now but is the old Season 2 camo flame marine still considered rare or valuable? I had the Season 1 spartan somewhere too and heard he was a bit of a collector's item. Bit of a layman on these threads so can anyone explain?
>>
File: IMG_9337.jpg (258KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9337.jpg
258KB, 1600x1200px
>>5912094
The thing about Mega Bloks is there isn't nearly the same kind of collectors market that Lego enjoys, not that I've really seen anyway. Early series rares like those are definitely hard to come by but there's a couple things in the way of making bank off them, one being the aforementioned lack of a market. The other thing is up until a couple years ago the minifigs were of an older, less articulated design, people getting into MB stuff now are somewhat spoiled by the updated minifigs and tend to dismiss the older ones.

In all fairness the early series active camo figs aren't flawless, from my experience their hands tend to break over time more frequently than non-translucent ones, I ended up getting a bunch of some MB Marvel character on clearance just for a supply of hands.

But yes, the Active Camo flame marine from Series 2 came in limited quantities and you might be able to find someone looking to fill a gap in their collection, but outside of ebay I don't have much idea where to look for potential buyers.
>>
>>5912117
Cheers for the answer, it was just to satisfy a curiosity more than anything else. I used to have loads of the things back in the day but I got rid of quite a lot recently. One of the only things I kept was the first version of the Phantom I got for something stupid like £20 at a con
>>
>>5912094
it always frustrated me that a guy would a flamethrower would ever feel the need for stealth
>>
File: IMG_10800.jpg (270KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_10800.jpg
270KB, 1600x1200px
>>5912127
People don't value Mega Bloks on the secondary market as much as they do Lego, their reputation has significantly gone up since they started the Halo line but generally speaking they're still not seen as much more than the sub-par imitation they began as. I've seen some crazy offers on Kijiji for both unopened sets and mass lots, having been into the line since it started I know how much they were retailing for and it boggles my mind to see the original Pelican, unopened, up for grabs for $30 Cdn (I almost went for it but I already had one and the later lights&sounds version).

I got pic related for $15, a second Phantom missing only the minifigs and a couple parts for $11...
>>
File: 03.jpg (138KB, 1022x662px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
138KB, 1022x662px
>>5912133
MB made some bizarre choices for its Active Camo rares for sure. The first AC Elite wasn't until Series 3, and then starting in Series 5 they were doing the secret gummy figs.
>>
>>5912150
Yeah it's pretty insane the way their prices seem the fluctuate. At the start of a wave it'll all be going for RRP and a few months later you'll see the same stuff for 75% off. I remember first seeing the stuff in shops and buying the first Warthog for £30.
>>
File: 07.jpg (1MB, 1813x1438px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
1MB, 1813x1438px
>>5912168
I miss when the blind bags were cheaper, it's painful to army-build things like Skirmishers and Jackals when you're having to fork over $4 apiece. I never see them go on clearance either, probably since the stores here will rarely get more than a box or two at a time.

Between series 5 and 8 it wasn't unusual for Walmarts here to have 7-8 boxes out at once, then the price hike happened as well as series 7 that for some reason doubled the number of figs. Series 8 and 9 were late and harder to come by and the newer ones have been the same.
>>
>>5911621
There was already a new one.

>>5907940
>>
File: 20160914_134922.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160914_134922.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
My latest build
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.