[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revol Mini MGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 18

File: revominigrayfox6[1].jpg (57KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
revominigrayfox6[1].jpg
57KB, 800x567px
Can this guy still be found anywhere for retail prices?
>>
>>5909645
He can be found in my house.
>>
I have one boxed and in excellent condition. What's it worth these days? Paid about $35 shipped for it when released. Got Snake for the same price.
>>
>>5909680
>>5909720

Nobody cares fags
>>
>>5909645

Nope. You're either going to pay $90+ or you're gonna have to do without'em.
>>
>>5909740
This.
>>
>>5909645
Could try your luck here. Only $30 starting bid. http://www.ebay.com/itm/322260999129?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
>>
Wish they'd do some more MGS characters in this line.
>>
Would you buy one boxed for $65 shipped, OP?
>>
Out of all the legacy releases, how has the gray fox not been one of them?
>>
>>5910343
Because it's not a Revoltech? It was brand new?
Besides it got a rerelease anyways. If you couldn't get one then with all the chances you have you shouldn't bitch about it, unless you were totally unaware of their existence.
>>
>>5911337
it is a revoltech? and it's not so new anymore?
>>
>>5911794
It's a revolmini
>>
>>5910338
Can you post pics and cuntfirm it's not broken?

[email protected]
>>
>>5911814
A mini revoltech.
>>
>>5911794
Still pretty new. And Legacy release is not really a thing anymore. It toned down once VulcanLogs came out.

>>5911850
Revol Mini is not a Revoltech.They don't use Revolver joints after all. There are some called Revoltech Miniature or Mini for Danboard, they are different things.
>>
I have one I took out of the box once as well as Snake. Didn't think these were worth so much now, might just throw them on the bst or something. I love the figures but hate the scale.
>>
File: Wfc5dKj[1].jpg (83KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Wfc5dKj[1].jpg
83KB, 1152x864px
Options for D-Horse or D-Walker to go with this guy?
>>
File: 1457526596223.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457526596223.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
Seems like a good thread for this.

This little Rex is on sale for a little over $35 at HLJ.
>>
>>5916222
Is he any good?
>>
>>5916222
Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Thanks
>>
>>5917382
Yes, really nice figure. I payed original price and I don't feel too disappointed with him for the size. That said, at that price it's easily something worth giving a shot.
>>
File: 20160801_191259.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160801_191259.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>5916041
D walker. Fuck if I know.

D horse, power team elite horse for barebones and cheap, Indiana Jones, costs a bit now but is a good looking horse. And Prince if Persia had a nice horse too.
>>
>>5916222
>look through their sale in the usual categories, dig through a dozen pages of sentai roleplay stuff before I say fuck it
>add on a couple things, ship my order
>see this now

Man, what the fuck, I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat if I'd seen it.
>>
File: tha92004_0_1430379243.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tha92004_0_1430379243.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>5916222
The Metal Gear Rex Half-Size Edition is also on sale but it's $161.
http://hlj.com/product/THA92004/Act
>>
i'm getting a snake figma in the mail Thursday. pray that i dont get one with one of THOSE faces
>>
>tfw they never made revol minis of Liquid, Ocelot, and Sniper Wolf

It hurts
>>
>>5921230
>they will only continue to make Metal Snake figures and no one else
In fact, japanese lines in general have that 80s Mattel toyline feel where they'll only make He-Man and He-Man, and He-Man, He-Man, Heman- and HeMan, and He Man, y He-Man, and He-Man, and He - Man, and He Man, and He-Man, and He-Man, and He-Man, and He-Ma and He-Man and He-Man and Me-Han and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and He-Man and sometimes Skeletor.
>>
>>5921342
you'd think they'd learn considering how well robot ninja and revoltech raiden did.

we need third party revol minis.
>>
File: SnakeTeef.jpg (109KB, 635x523px) Image search: [Google]
SnakeTeef.jpg
109KB, 635x523px
>>5920812
>>
>>5921230
I was just thinking about this yesterday. A whole line of MGS1 bosses would have been the shit. Some of them could come with specific equipment and accessories for Snake too.

>Ocelot comes with C4
>Raven comes with grenades and a Nikita
>Mantis comes with IR goggles
>Wolf has a spare PSG-1
>>
>>5917836
Holy shiiiiiit
>>
I'm a newfag to the Metal Gear franchise, just finished my playthrough of the whole series a month ago and have already bought figma Solid Snake (Nowhere near as bad as everyone says it is if you ask me), and Vulcanlog Venom Snake. I plan on buying the Revoltech Raiden and Naked Snake, but I was just wondering if there were any protips out there on good MGS figures in the same scale? I'm not a fan of the revolminis and playarts figs
>>
>>5922347
>I'm not a fan of the revolminis
Your loss.
>>
>>5922347
There's literally nothing else in that scale. Even the shitty old McFarlane figures are too large.

Revol minis are nice and the only reasonable options if you want MGS1 Snake or Grey Fox. Venom and a Soviet Soldier or two also provides a lot of fun.
>>
>>5921342
>>5921349
>>5921936

It's a difficult job to get a non-main character as action figures, which are expensive to make, and convince everyone involved that it will sell. Especially for video game characters which tends to have a smaller audience and/or not into buying figures because more likely they will spend money buying more games.

Why bother putting in the same amount of effort into a figure that will no doubt sell less than main guy when you can make another main guy. Unless the franchise has a gallery of beloved characters like Kinnikuman or Saint Seiya that are around for a long time or from anime/manga series seen by all the eyes in the country it's rare to get anything more.
>>
>tfw missed out on Snake and Gray Fox at retail

Late tax is a bitch
>>
File: metal gear spawn.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
metal gear spawn.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
>>5923082
>It's a difficult job to get a non-main character as action figures
No, it is not.
Almost every western company will try to get in everything they can until people stop buying them.
>>
File: DSC03556.jpg (158KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03556.jpg
158KB, 710x473px
>>5923082
>It's a difficult job to get a non-main character as action figures
maybe, but you have to admit they'd be more marketable than a fucking mook who they decided to produce.
>>
File: corpsshit fem.jpg (73KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
corpsshit fem.jpg
73KB, 540x720px
>>5923262
>shitty mcstatue that has less articulation than Corpshit
ugh
What a waste.
>>
>>5923251
Sure when they are cheap western crap like that before prices went crazy. Higher quality stuff that people actual want, idiot.

>>5923262
They tried to appeal to the military otakus by marketing it more as an display model at the same time cutting cost with going all cut joints. Kaiyodo is weird that way. If they actually kept it cheap with less weapons (which were all included with Snake later anyways) it would been nice to get a bunch for the backgrounds.

Point is even they have to add on all these extra elements to get a product out so secondary characters are quite hopeless these days. Need to count on made-to-order web store direct exclusives more and more.
>>
File: hunter brute cheif.jpg (141KB, 643x480px) Image search: [Google]
hunter brute cheif.jpg
141KB, 643x480px
>>5923286
Well, that was decades ago, so their quality doesn't seem as high, even though they were top notch for their time.

Newer stuff from other video games got a lot of high quality toys. Super articulated, high quality sculpts, with great-good paint jobs, and almost everything got made, even the literal grunts in many types for army building.
>>
>>5923306
modern mcfarlane, high quality?
the delusion is real anon
>>
File: Pirates.jpg (166KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pirates.jpg
166KB, 1600x1200px
>>5923314
He was still making a lot of quality stuff til the current switch and this series also had practically everyone being made.

Who knows if he's only going to keep on making McStatues.
>>
>>5923322
making alot of character doesn't equal high quality
especially those in your pic, shitty paint, soft sculpts, weird scale and really bad articulations
the only thing going for them is atleast they're cheap
>>
>>5923306
Even something as big as Halo we barely get anything from them besides a few Spartan variants and their alt colors. That was the only line they had that was decent.
>>
File: gears-of-war-visual-guide-1920.jpg (567KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
gears-of-war-visual-guide-1920.jpg
567KB, 1920x1440px
>>5923327
>especially those in your pic, shitty paint
NOPE! They were quite good. Maybe not super complex like from their gold years, but definitely high tier.
>soft sculpts
confirmed for never seeing them in person
>weird scale
Sure, but they still made a ton of them and proof that collector companies in the west will produce almost everything they can
>really bad articulations
Eh. They have a ton of articulation, with barbell joints (double sided ball joints) in key areas, but the sculpt does get in the way.
Still, what does that have to do with the fact a high tier collector toy company will make everything?

>>5923330
>besides a few Spartan variants and their alt colors
Are you shitting me? They didn't make a "few" variants, they went batshit insane with the variants you could make. There were very few characters they didn't make.

Have another video game line that got a ton of shit made
>>
>>5923412
I forgot to put "in recent years." Halo stuff they stopped making non Spartans all together. I was hoping for a new Hunter that didn't look weird and tall.

Also I think everyone here means Japanese high quality.

Your examples are pretty old anyways, yes they used to but they all downscaled in the end. Also not saying Japan never used to do "everything." MSIA ans Sochaku Henshin did like every possible character at the times. Not video game related though. For that I can only think of like Rockman Mega Armor series that did a fair bit of characters.
>>
>>5923412
Can I see your collection?
>>
>>5916222

So is it true that the head can only move up and down, no side to side swivel?
>>
File: noble team warthog.jpg (99KB, 844x600px) Image search: [Google]
noble team warthog.jpg
99KB, 844x600px
>>5923468
>Also I think everyone here means Japanese high quality.
I doubt it, considering how many complaints there are for Yamaguchi's campy sculpts and simplistic paint jobs. Just look at all the shit the Figma Snake got for it's awful paint job.

>but they all downscaled in the end
Still bigger than the Revoltech Minis, which don't even fit in with 1:18.
Besides, if you have an entire line of 30-50 figures, does it really matter if it's not in scale? You'd get army builders galore, of varying types, so your figures would never be lonely. As opposed to only have a single Snake and/or Cyborg Ninja.

I for one wouldn't mind 5" figures as long as it was like this.

>For that I can only think of like Rockman Mega Armor series that did a fair bit of characters.
One of the very few times they do this. Also, Mario, though they are fucking up with only making figurines for the enemies minus Bowser.
When they do shit like that, and even just making a dozen He-Mans, they're just wasting the license.

PAK line is one of the very few lines that tries to make more than just He-Man and Skeletor, but they're really shit at paint and their sculpts are sometimes bad.
>>
File: 1342883002395.jpg (48KB, 606x557px) Image search: [Google]
1342883002395.jpg
48KB, 606x557px
>>5924559
> how many complaints there are for Yamaguchi's campy sculpts

I've literally never heard anyone say this ever
>>
File: IMG_4084.jpg (295KB, 1330x1330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4084.jpg
295KB, 1330x1330px
I like these. A little stylized but they're fun
>>
File: DSC00084.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00084.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
>>5916041

Indiana Jones has a horse in Joe scale
>>
>>5924559
>downscaled in the end
Sorry bad word choice I mean in the number and variation of figure lineup for Halo. 5 only has Spartans when 4 did some stuff like Didact and Reach had a fair amount of variations for Spartans Covenant and other human characters. Not talking about size and scale of figures there. Halo in fact got bigger iirc. Point is even western companies seem to dial down how much they put out.

Yamaguchi sculpt gets bashed but for something like the Minis people don't seem to realize how small they are compare to other figures. So were the old Revos, they were quite small. The recent bigger figure of his like Ultron, Venom Snake, even going back to Raiden don't get that much hate.

Anyways, Japanese stuff like SHFs, figma, Revos, what ever Sentinel makes, etc are quite different and are usually preferred. And they are more expensive all around and produced in relatively small numbers so they can't risk making minor characters that despite what people might think would not sell.

PAK gets away with it by charging ridiculous prices for cheaply made figures that I guess people do pay for it somewhere. I'm still amazed they get away with it.
>>
>>5924574
Not that anon, but I have heard many complaints about the sculpts being stylized. Oh, and the endless wailing about ratchet joints.
>>
File: mezco mk.jpg (259KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
mezco mk.jpg
259KB, 1280x960px
>>5924794
>Point is even western companies seem to dial down how much they put out.
That's not really a fair thing to say though.
Halo just stopped being a big thing, so of course McFarlane could no longer produce as much, yet he took up Assassin's Creed and continued releasing as much as possible. Same with Walking Dead, where he even started making comic characters. And he even started doing regular Comic Book figures.
Hell, even lines that end quickly output more stuff than you typically see from a Japanese line. Mezco did six whole characters before they lost the license or whatever happened.
And now they're doing a 4" line.

Point is, it's not hard at all to get a lot of video game figures made, if a western company is able to get the license. Japanese line? He-Man, He-Man, He-Man, He-Mans.

>I'm still amazed they get away with it.
I'm amazed that people continue to pay for their shit now that it's super overpriced.
>>
>>5924681
Where did you get that box? I've been wanting one for my minis
>>
>>5925329
Figma Solid Snake comes with Orange Box
>>
It's been years and years since I've stayed up on what Revoltech is doing. What is a Vulcanlog?
>>
>>5926596
Vulcanlog is basically the same as Revoltechs, use the same joints, sometimes same sculptor like Yamaguchi, but are handled by another company called Union Creative. They commission other companies under their distribution to sculpt the figures such as Kaiyodo or Sentinel. The hope is they will make action figures with Revolver joints of characters Kaiyodo would not have gone for, but so far seems pretty similar besides Beat and Arthur from older games, which still got no release date.
>>
do gijoe/1:18 accessories work with these guys? I've heard they scale a bit larger than 1:18.
>>
>>5926858
Somewhat. Most the stuff is a little small, guns and such. The headgear and vest definitely wont fit.

>>5917701
Is a gi joe rifle. A bit oversized but works pretty good. So yeah some of the larger ones may work ok.
>>
>>5927017
I honestly thought Snake's FAMAS was a bit too big. I still can't get him to shoulder it in a way that satisfies me.
>>
>>5926858
On that note, what lines actually scale with revol minis? I want to pick up the mgs ones, but it'd be weird to have only them in that size.
>>
File: toy biz dc superpowers.jpg (118KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
toy biz dc superpowers.jpg
118KB, 800x470px
>>5934144
Nothing.
They're bigger than GI Joes but smaller than McFarlane's Halo lines.
I can't think of anything that's inbetw.... okay, Toy Biz's 90s XMen and other comic lines are roughly inbetween there.
>>
>>5934144
Revol Minis are about 1/16 scale.

The Dokuroman skeleton capsule figures they put out are in scale with them and have guns for them, but they were not available at the regular places.
>>
>>5934237
>>5934265
Yikes. I actually was interested in those skeletons too, but yeah, they're a pain in the ass to get.
>>
>>5934278
So far it seems they will keep doing more, but it's weird that they bothered keeping it in scale with Mini after it was done.

The guns they released were pretty good, goes well with Venom Snake.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.