[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/toy/ Secret Santa 2016?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (25KB, 202x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 202x300px
THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL THREAD FOR IT. IT'S ONLY SEPTEMBER, I'M NOT A RETARD.

But I am curious. Would there be any sort of interest for one this year? I know that last year ended up being a shitstorm, but for the most part people got their gifts.

What do you think, should we have one this year? Are there any things that should be changed from last year? I know there was some talk for making it Amazon-only, but I personally think that traditional list could stay as an alternative. You could get grinched just the same with Amazon.

If there is enough interest, I'll make a proper thread and all for it late October/early November and organize it.
>>
>>5909545
>I know that last year ended up being a shitstorm
Every year is like that
I feel those saying otherwise are the ones that didn't get burned

We will have one this year as always
A big chuck of this board has few friends and loved ones(if any) so these types of activities help stave off the lonely feels.

As for organize it you'll need to have a trip and email going and be ready for the load it brings, if anything goes wrong, it's on you, that's why Amazon only is tossed around, it makes the nightmare managing it much easier.

The big thing you have to watch is those that will ruin the fun, and that you will always have a lot of them, some are just greedy/poor and want shit they can't buy themselves others just want /toy/ to be a bad place and while manageable you can't 100% eliminate the problem.
>>
File: 1381079717054.jpg (272KB, 640x561px) Image search: [Google]
1381079717054.jpg
272KB, 640x561px
I got hundred dollar spread two years ago and screwed over(maybe by the mailman) last year, so I averaged out to two successful years.

I'm down.

But I say we should run a /co/-style Amazon wishlist thread alongside it for people that don't want to commit.
>>
>>5909551
I know what it entails. But as of now, I'm just curious if there's any interest. And if someone makes a proper thread before me, then so be it. I'll participate either way.
>>
File: 1456345420786.png (183KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
1456345420786.png
183KB, 480x502px
>>5909562
>I know what it entails.
>I'm just curious if there's any interest.
then you already know the answer
>>
Yeah im down again. I did it the last 2 years and it was fun each time.
>>
I could spend at least $50 for secret santa
>>
Always sat out before, but I want to spread Christmas cheer this year
>>
File: grinch.gif (483KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
grinch.gif
483KB, 500x240px
>>5909545
Oh god no. I don't actually participate but when I see the inevitable stories year after year of people ripping other people off it makes my blood boil. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does.

Please do not do it again. If the organiser from last year is here, please hand over your list you sposedly made of addresses and names of people who ripped other people off so they can't join this year. Obviously new scammers will join but it will hopefully lower the risk.
>>
>First year, spend $80 in Lego, SHF, and other assorted toys, plus decorating the box, making a little comic for my giftee
>get two pretty cool ML in return
>Second, spend close to $200 checking almost everything off my giftee's list, from vintage to new toys, plus made original art for decoration
>Get grinched

I think I'm sitting out this year. Had I got a decent gift last year, I probably would've spent even more this year. Doesn't help that last year's Santa never helped people who here grinched and just disappeared.
>>
>>5909946
> Doesn't help that last year's Santa never helped people who here grinched and just disappeared.

Was just about to post this, he was shit. I hope this doesn't happen this year and have someone actually competent organise it and not runaway when things turn sour.
>>
File: 1329590063828.png (61KB, 197x154px) Image search: [Google]
1329590063828.png
61KB, 197x154px
been lurking for around 2 years but Ive never done this before. How does this work?
>>
>>5909968
>Tell Santa (the organiser) you are interested and give them a list of what you want and your address.
>Santa gives you a recipient and their wishlist and their address.
>You go out and buy said items and then send them out to that person.
>If you are lucky, you too will recieve a package from someone who bought the items you asked for.
>Post results of what you got and a thank you in the thread.

Nice and easy eh? Well no, in reality it goes very wrong for a lot of people every year. Many people get 'Grinched' and don't recieve anything. Some don't even get a thank you from the person they have gifted.

Advice: Don't go in to this expecting anything in return.
>>
I did this once.

>Sent out an SDCC exclusive Gohan.
>when he was still the least expensive version
>Got Fourze Firestates, Meteor storm, some Mexican candy, and a ton of Mcdonalds toys

It was fucking awesome.
>>
>>5909979
>Don't go in to this expecting anything in return.
So much this. Its just fun to make a care package or just surpise someone with stuff off of a wish list on amazon. Either way its fun.
>>
>>5910067
It's not even about getting, I love it because I like the thought of making some anon's xmas a bit better.

That being said I hope we do it this year, I'm already stoked as hell for it!
>>
>>5909946
>>5909954

He wasn't really so bad, until the end. He set it up toward the end of October (which for some reason, people bitched about why he didn't wait until November. Guess people having more time to figure out what they were going to buy was a problem...?)

But he just kind of disappeared in December, working on some phantom paper for one of his college classes, or whatever. The later it got, the longer it seemed to take him to actually reply to people's questions and concerns.

>>5909979
>Many people get 'Grinched' and don't recieve anything. Some don't even get a thank you from the person they have gifted.

I only took part last year, but I remember watching the thread the year before too. I think the ratio of people who actually got grinched is pretty small, really.

Last year there were a lot of people intentionally drumming bullshit by shitposting (like the guy who said he and two of his friends each signed up with three emails, which, according to him, meant 9 Santas would be sending items out, while those recipients would be sending out nothing in return.

I don't even think we had that many people get get grinched, and we had about 100 people who participated last year, IIRC.
>>
>>5909545
>Would there be any sort of interest for one this year?
Absolutely, secret santa is one of the only things I get excited for during the season
>>
I sent someone a Gamera movie collection and some candy to tide him over until his real gift, a SAS The Hand, came in.

Never any confirmation that he got either of those gifts, but I'd definitely be interested in giving it another go this year.
>>
File: cuck,cindy.lou.jpg (50KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
cuck,cindy.lou.jpg
50KB, 599x804px
>>5909979
>>If you are lucky, you too will recieve a package from someone who bought the items you asked for.
Been on /toy/ since 2008, and this one never gets old.

Who the heck would trust a 4chan to ever deliver. I didn't even know you plebs were spending this much money. I thought there must have been a $20 cap to reduce the burn in case someone got Grinced.
>>
>>5910855
Last year the MINIMUM buy was $30 and plenty of people got their gifts
>>
>>5910067
>Its just fun to make a care package or just surpise someone with stuff off of a wish list on amazon.
It's is ? When did /toy/ turn into Martha Stewart?
>>
File: The Grinch 1ga.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Grinch 1ga.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
>>5910860
>Last year the MINIMUM buy was $30
As a borderline poorfag I can't afford to risk not getting something in return. I might send a $5 gag gift with a note that reads "This is just an appetiser" to test the waters. If I get something than I'll send out a real gift. Can't afford getting Grinched.
>>
>>5910213
>he just kind of disappeared in December, working on some phantom paper for one of his college classes
Well there's your problem right there. Interesting a college kid with that kinda responsibility is foolish.

You need to get a 30yr old (or older) neet with no life who has all the time in the world to dedicate to this task.
>>
Let's be honest here, /toy/ is too big and too shitty to do something like this now and it's been that way for a few years now.
>>
>>5910888
And /a/ isn't?
>>
>>5910888
>>5910888
>>5910888
> /toy/ is too big and too shitty to do something like this now
Trips don't lie.

I remember how slow this board was when Toy Story 3 came out to theaters in 2010. There used to be a bunch of Toy Story toy thread. This was before new friends started calling them "generals" around 2012.

There were some pretty creepy and nasty anons back than as well. Remember this one anon who made a list of all the posts I had made within the last month in over 7 different threads than posted it. How he knew all those posts were me is beyond me. Back than I didn't post any images so he had no file name to go on. Unlike now I didn't really used to say all that much in my posts back in the day. Just one sentence at a time so it would have been hard for him to pick up on a pattern. Maybe it was an old Mod at the time who did it for shits, and giggles.
Good times.
>>
I made someone's day last year with finds, I'm down again.

I'm sure they loved Rainbow Brite's power armor and the dude from Jurassic Park
>>
>>5910932
We need more secret Santa's like you, anon.
>>
>>5909928
fun fact: most of those address last year were random business or empty homes.
These scammers are serious about something for nothing
>>
>>5910213
>But he just kind of disappeared in December
Organizing this event demands it be taken as a full time job. You can have hundreds of names/address all with different ranges of price and wants, on top of that you have to work on weeding out grinches which eats just as much time as organizing the event oh and enjoy months later of being bitch at for things outside your control.

>I don't even think we had that many people get get grinched
you get more then what is posted, most griniched don't want to cry it hear on the board because, 1. they are admitting they got suckered and 2. it's admitting this processes is very flawed. That said as the organizer we get shitted on it great volume because no mater how many claim they won't care they get screwed, they actually care a great deal and will hound you till you change email address (blocking is pointless they will make a new account and peck at you that much harder about "making things right")

>>5910873
It's the loaded gun of it all start to low then it turns into everyone gifting keychains with a few outliners that do big gifts(also it turns into begging shit like the second year)
Put the tag up to 30+ and you get better gift results but the cost is fewer will participate and the grinch issue gets serious.

>>5910888
They keep doing it. Most here don't have loved ones that will shop or buy them shit they want. It's like a thirsty NEET debating if that progressive landwhale would let them cuddle with them.

>>5910894
/a/ takes that shit seriously, they have and will fuck up anyone that tries to screw it over, we don't have that dedication here.
>>
File: 3789487000343239994.jpg (25KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
3789487000343239994.jpg
25KB, 500x378px
>>5910888
It's the people not the size
a and co are twice our size and do fine with Secret Santa

Our issues come more from the people and how they work.

You have one clump that is Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill where no one gifts them toys or the like and their hobby is shunned by irl people, this makes them very willing to risk getting screwed in the naive hope that someone will gift back.

You then have another group that is Buck Strickland where they can't control their spending habits and buy to poverty and worse, they will and have stolen and scammed to get their next hit of plastic

Put these two together shopping for each other and you get most SSs here where it's a crap shoot how things turn out.
>>
>>5911027

I don't think /toy/ is nearly as bad as you're fronting it to be.

Sure, there are some shitters, but saying you're expecting the worse just seems to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy. Expecting there to be shitters pretty much allows those people to think it is ok because others are just expecting it.

Put it this way; With as much apparent shitposting that happens in the BST, I've bought and sold dozens of items, and never been burned. And every single person I've dealt with has been pleasant to deal with. And as far as that goes, its a business transaction, because actual money and products are changing hands.

In the instance of Secret Santa, you're willingly participating and buying something for someone going in with the mindset that you could be burned in return.

As others have said then and are saying now, you should only really participate if you want to do something nice for someone, and don't necessarily expect something in return.

Even if you don't get burned or grinched, you could spend $200 on your recipient, and then only get the bare minimum $30 item in return. Should you be mad or upset? No. You went out of your way to go way over, and the other person was within their limits.

Really, when you get down to it, it should be more about the fun of going shopping for someone else, and maybe see a mingling of interests, or finding neat stuff for someone out of something you're not even necessarily into.

That's why I joined last year. And despite the bullshitters (none of whom were ever proven to be real) I thought it was fun last year, and it seemed like a lot of people pulled through.
>>
File: 1455260103059.png (883KB, 600x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1455260103059.png
883KB, 600x1097px
>>5909979
>If you are lucky, you too will recieve a package from someone who bought the items you asked for.
I asked for one of a few different figmas and I actually received statueshit of one of the characters instead of the figma. They also sent a very sweet letter. I wasn't even mad, it was pretty funny.
>>
File: 534676306790676848.jpg (67KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
534676306790676848.jpg
67KB, 347x346px
>>5911039
BST is between two people with no middle man
That doesn't relate nor compare to the event of a online secret Santa event

Also you can't prove anything here

You talk about self-fulfilling prophecy when you are cherry picking as bad as others.
The bigger question is why? Why care what others think here? A Santa will happen every year, this is what? the 8th year of it? It won't go away so I'm double curious why you even care what others have felt.
>>
>>5909545
Let's do it, I fully intend to grinch some faggot this year.
>>
>>5910860
The fact we need a minimum should tell you how poor this event goes.
>>
>>5911052
>BST is between two people with no middle man
>That doesn't relate nor compare to the event of a online secret Santa event

Yes it does.

This doesn't have a middle man either. Besides, you could even say Paypal is the middle man in a BST, so if someone gets fucked over, they still have a fall back.

With SS, its like, Person "A" gives to Person "B." Person "B" gives to person "C" etc.

Its is easily comparable, and I really don't get how you can't see that.

>Also you can't prove anything here

...What am I trying to prove, again? I'm just saying people here aren't as inherently bad as others make them out to be.

Saying "Everyone here is bad" is pretty much the exact type of hivemind mentality that people get called out on all the time. 4chan isn't one person, nor is it hundreds of people who all have the same one thought.

>You talk about self-fulfilling prophecy when you are cherry picking as bad as others.

What am I cherry-picking, exactly? Do you even know what that term means? Again, I'm just saying people are inherently nicer than we give each other credit for and the "big mean 4chan boogie man" really doesn't exist. Especially on a board like /toy/.

>The bigger question is why? Why care what others think here? A Santa will happen every year, this is what? the 8th year of it? It won't go away so I'm double curious why you even care what others have felt.

I'm really wondering if you even comprehended my post at all, since I was saying people shouldn't worry so much about going ahead and being a part of SS, because it is fun, and people here aren't as bad as they're made out to be.

Bizarrely, you seem to be trying to prove me wrong by agreeing with me.
>>
>>5911063
>...What am I trying to prove, again?
>>5911039
>(none of whom were ever proven to be real)
Im sharing it's retarded to open theat door and then to say shit like:
>I'm just saying people here aren't as inherently bad as others make them out to be.

You either take it all or none of it. To look at the things that are claimed to be good as actually happening while looking at the the bad things and going "yeah well you can't prove it happen" is very stupid.

More people hivemind the mentality that toy is good, at one point you anons had the hubris to think you were the best board and would get aggressive to try and prove that, the "Everyone here is bad" only crawls in when SS come into play.

>What am I cherry-picking, exactly?
see above, all the good that happens is legit, all the bad according to you is hivemind shitposters
Neither can be proven to any real degree.

>since I was saying people shouldn't worry so much about going ahead and being a part of SS
Most of that post >>5911039 was you exhausting away honest concerns some people had and many have actually suffered here, the issue is you have already written off all those hurt as shitposters encouraging it as something mostly positive when the reality is every year is a huge shade of grey.
>>
>>5911036
why is it KotH is always the best for metaphors and allegories?
>>
>>5911075

You seem to be putting an awful lot of words in my mouth or assuming things I never said.

I never said it wasn't possible to get burned, or that people didn't. It sucks, yes, and there are shitty people, I'm just saying not everyone is, and the vast majority aren't.

There's always going to be bad, dude. You could get into a car accident, but does that mean you should never drive your car? You could get food poisoning, does that mean you should never eat?

I'm saying you shouldn't not do something fun, just because there's a small chance you might not get anything out of it.

The world isn't black or white. You just have to go into it knowing that you're taking a chance.

I can't believe I have to spell that out for you. I'd have assumed you could have understood that was what I was saying.
>>
File: 45621162567247.jpg (77KB, 1544x800px) Image search: [Google]
45621162567247.jpg
77KB, 1544x800px
>>5911087
>I'm just saying not everyone is, and the vast majority aren't.

And you know this how?

>There's always going to be bad, dude. You could get into a car accident, but does that mean you should never drive your car? You could get food poisoning, does that mean you should never eat?
See now you are putting a different spin on things, at no point did I say "don't do it" nor did I even say it was bad, just that the grinching can sour it (which has triggered you for some reason) Go over all link posts at no point is anyone saying "don't do it" what they are saying is it's flawed

>I can't believe I have to spell that out for you.
You are spelling out something no one was talking about and have just projected your own fear here, that people won't join in out of fear or getting screwed.
Again where have I responded to you like that? Im sharing it has some sour notes, you have tried to say "oh they are not that bad because I say so" and when back in a corner you start spouting how "well you would eat even though every meal could be poison hurr" when no one was saying "don't participate"

If you are shitposting to keep the thread up work on it. If not self reflect why you feel the need to respond when people share bad shit happens with Secret Santas every year
>>
>>5911096

Hm. I get the feeling English isn't your first language. You're taking my posts so far out of context, its amazing.

>just that the grinching can sour it (which has triggered you for some reason)

Why am I "triggered" over something I agree with you on?

Getting fucked over definitely sucks, and makes you think twice about entering. I'm just saying you can't just assume it is going to happen.

Besides, the stipulation when entering is almost always "Join if you want to something fun/nice for someone else. Don't necessarily expect something in return."

In a perfect world, yes, everyone would get something in return. But if you're going into this only to get something out of it, then you might as well just forgo entering, and buy yourself the item(s) you were hoping to get.

>You are spelling out something no one was talking about and have just projected your own fear here

What am I projecting, and how is it a "fear?" Am I supposed to be afraid of getting grinched? Weren't you just telling me that I was acting like it can't happen by saying;

>exhausting away honest concerns some people had and many have actually suffered here, the issue is you have already written off all those hurt as shitposters

>Im sharing it has some sour notes

And I agree with you. So why do you keep arguing this, again?

>"oh they are not that bad because I say so"

I never said they aren't bad "because I say so."

I'm saying the majority of people who participate aren't bad, and come through. I mean, for fuck's sake, if most people who participated grinched their other person, do you think this would have carried on, year after year.

Do you honestly believe the majority is willing to fuck someone else over, here? Because you seem to be implying that.

>"well you would eat even though every meal could be poison hurr" when no one was saying "don't participate"

I'm giving an example of how you can't be afraid of everything, because of a small chance the outcome might be bad.
>>
File: 3748644-3354133381-b4i7w.jpg (44KB, 762x744px) Image search: [Google]
3748644-3354133381-b4i7w.jpg
44KB, 762x744px
>>5911096
Honest question. Is this subjectanon?

It's important to identify him quickly.
right now he's trying to be civil in order to rope some anon into an argument and inevitably ramp things up into a chimp shitflinging bonanza.
>>
>>5911123
>right now he's trying to be civil in order to rope some anon into an argument and inevitably ramp things up into a chimp shitflinging bonanza.

Isn't that every post in /toy/?
>>
>>5911123
Unlikely since way back the anon posted he was the year two organizer. You are likely just seeing what happens to most that host that event, it just makes you always look at the event in a bad light.
We have never had an organizer run it twice and they are usually quick to leave the community afterwards.
>>
I'd love to run it but I would I would implement rules people would hate. Such as a proper registry system. Price limits etc. The problem with these things is the organizer needs to be consistent. Realistically a team of multiple people should run something like this.
>>
File: 1346965414331.jpg (15KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1346965414331.jpg
15KB, 250x187px
>>5911178
what if....the year two organizer was subjectanon!?

but seriously, is there anyway that we can get the exact number of scams to legit santaing from past SS?
I feel like people knowing the exact percentage would help people decide whether or not they should/want to participate.
Any event like this carries a bit of risk, but what is the likelyhood of getting fucked?
>>
>>5909979
>Don't go in to this expecting anything in return.
Why would you anyway?
The idea is giving someone a gift for Christmas. If you're only doing it to get something in return you're doing it with the wrong motivation. You aren't giving a gift, you're doing a trade.
Truly giving someone a gift means you give someone something without any kind of strings attached. Not even a thank you.
>>
>>5911208
The biggest issue is unlike the other boards that seriously participate in this event we take a very causal approach and it's what hurt it the most. Numbers can't be generated because again, each host only does it once. To make it more vague the likelyhood of getting fucked while low is still very dependent on your organizer of said event, usually it's done by naive college students so they start strong but the close to finals the less they watch over the event. But you will never have hard numbers because we neither broadcast who had who post game for obvious reasons and the fact that the host of the event wants to get the hell away from it. Hosting a SS is stressful even irl, and it's more so when it's just addresses and numbers on a screen.
Most say the best attitude is to walk in expecting you are just gifting expecting nothing and honestly that's the best approach. If you fear being screwed I recommend you look into irl friends and family.

Honestly these kind of events were more aimed at work places and what not, they only carryover here because what >>5911036 said, they either have no one to shop or be shop like this irl or they see a shot at something for nothing.
>>
>>5911229
By that logic why even organize a Secret Santa? Just go to BST and surprise someone for Christmas.
>>
>>5911253
>Just go to BST and surprise someone for Christmas.
That's a good idea actually.
>>
>>5911285
I agree and would rather the retards that throw such a defense as "But you shouldn't expect gifts from a SS" would just go there.
You should expect a gift it's part of the event.
>>
>>5911289
But I do think you should give without expecting something. That's the whole point of a gift.
That's not a defense, nor is it retarded.
Yeah the SS is an exchange, but don't play the "I really want to do something nice for somebody and make their day" card, then turn around and bitch because you didn't get something back. It's hypocritical. Either you want to do something selfless and truly make an anonymous person happy, or you want something equal to what you gave.
Just be honest is all.
>>
>>5911309
> Either you want to do something selfless and truly make an anonymous person happy,
Again, SS wouldn't be even pitch if that was the case, they look around their own homes or participate in local donation drives.

>you want something equal to what you gave.

That's how a Secret Santa is suppose to work

Otherwise the exchanging name part is pointless, asking for lists from both parties is pointless.

You want to give? Give to those that love you, give to those impacted in your area.

If you really want to gift just do >>5911253
I would suggest a gifting thread but it will get deleted since those are now flagged as begging threads for obvious reasons.
>>
File: 5222440108490.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
5222440108490.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>5911309
>"I really want to do something nice for somebody and make their day" card
No one in this thread is saying that.
When SS here were started no one made that claim, it was created so NEETs and lonely anons could have something more to look forward to during the holiday. It's suppose to work both ways, give and receive.

Again, you want to just gift for gift sake no one will stop you, but stop "being honest" with this imaginary foe that claims chivalry but acts selfish. They are not here.
>>
I participated for the first time last year and had a blast, no issues whatsoever. I'm pretty willing to do it again, all of the fun is in the buildup anyway, I love the holidays.
>>
>>5911036
And the biggest thing they both have in common with /toy/ is the male pattern baldness.
>>
>>5909545
>>5909551
You fucks get fucked over year in year out, for once take a lesson from /co/'s Secret Santa's.
>>
>>5913699
I don't actually know how /co/ does it but I hear it's good so we really should try it this time.
>>
>>5913699
Amazon wishlists? The biggest problem is a lot of /toy/'s interests vary from stuff you find on retail, to niche import stuff. It'd suck if an anon has a Japanese figure on the Amazon list and I find it for much cheaper elsewhere, especially since Japanese stuff not brought over by Bluefin tend to cranked up in price.
>>
>>5913915
Pretty simple, you maintain two lists one's the list of ungifted anons and the other is for the already gifted anons (in case anyone feels like gifting again.) Using Amazon codes you can also check if someone's been gifted incase if some fucker tries to act like he never got anything off his list he can be called out for it.

You get to post your Amazon code once per thread anything more than that gets frowned upon.
>>5913926
Then you'd put those weeb figures on there through Amazon, /co/ anons put higher priced books on their lists too doesn't always mean they'll get them so that just means you have to make a varied wishlist of shit you actually want.
>>
>>5914077
Why is this so hard for /toy/ to do?
The other boards have no issue but here it's like they hate the idea
Why?
>>
>>5914179
I do the Amazon thing on /co/ too and the ones on /toy/ are honestly a lot more fun.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I prefer how it's not limited to just one online store and I'm free to wrap the gifts and fill the package with whatever goofy filler stuff I want. Amazon lists are a lot less personal.
>>
/toy/ didn't grinch me last year, so I'm in..just hope I get a better Santa this time around. Last year's Santa got me thrift store toys and expired candy.

Normally, I wouldn't mind, but when the toys have nothing to do with the list I sent, and after being grinched on a high tier on /a/, I was upset.
>>
>>5910863
So /toy/ is a felon who lies, steals, and cheats? Well then, I certainly will not be partaking.
>>
>>5914309
Your story was a lot of our stories
I have a gut feeling most pleading to avoid Amazon only is because it cuts that shit out and forces them to put more thought into it then what they have laying around or at their nearest dollar store.

Also I disagree with the anon that finds it less personal. I mean for fuck sakes mail a card on your own on top of the gift, it's a bunch of anons, it's not like you are exchanging in person.
>>
>>5914179
Because this board is poor buying thousands in plastic and stupid for buying said plastic. They see this as an opportunity to get something for nearly nothing. Every year is the same, some good gifts a lot of crap, from dollar store items, left over toys around their place (sometimes used) and then out right grinching. You put Amazon only and you eliminate most of the issues.
To be blunt whoever organizes this year should be firm on Amazon only.
>>
>>5914633
Amazon doesn't even ship toys (at least Lego) to some countries
>>
>>5914688
The other boards make it work and they deal with toys and statue shit
>>
>>5914688
/co/ also has international Amazon wishlists you know on their lists as well, so you could still buy something for UK/EU anons too.
>>
I'm a poorfag who can barely afford figures for himself, but if there was a definite way to not get burned, I would definitely do this
>>
>>5915269
We need to push for how the others do it then and Amazon only.
Your odds of getting 100% screwed drop greatly and shouldn't happen at all if you keep contact with the coordinator.
>>
Can't we have both? Have one Anon organize one the "traditional" way, and if someone wants to keep it purely Amazon, they can post their wanted lists on the same thread if they'd like.
>>
>>5915443
I'd be fine with this.
>>
File: 1426921955749.png (435KB, 549x588px) Image search: [Google]
1426921955749.png
435KB, 549x588px
>tfw customs charge everything, including gifts, so i would not only have to pay absurd mail prices, but also a fuckton of money to receive my own gift
Maybe one day i'll have more money to play with you guys.
>>
File: pörcl.png (4KB, 507x242px) Image search: [Google]
pörcl.png
4KB, 507x242px
>>5915487
Customs limit here is 22€ if ordering outside Europe, I'm an extreme poorfag and these parcel prices are not from this world.

I'm still going to participate either way because it's [toyspoiler]fun.[/toyspoiler]
>>
I'd probably take part.

I just hope I get a better follow through on a gift this year.

Last year, I poured my HEART(and money) into the gift I sent out, and got a pretty dumpy response.

It was my first time participating, so I was a little disappointed.
>>
File: Mesozoic Pred.jpg (158KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
Mesozoic Pred.jpg
158KB, 600x733px
How does /toy/ SS usually works anyway?
Never being part of an online SS before, how do you manage adresses, price limits and who gets presents from whom?
>>
>>5915518
You fill up a form and send it to one Anon (Santa) who will then pair you up with someone else. You send your gift, and you get a gift from another Anon. It's really a honor system.

I'd link to threads from last year, but Nyafuu doesn't go that far for some reason.
>>
>>5915443
>>5915470
Be an interesting experiment to say the least, you likely see a huge spike in crap giving and grinching in the traditional. Perhaps to the comical level that it's all that happens with them
>>
>>5909545
KEK Every year has some awful drama. I participated one year and decided never again after receiving a very specific list of demands.
Excitement from previous years include, The guy who got shit because his gf was disappointed for receiving bargain bin crap.
And the guy who said he didn't send anything out because he was worried he'd be 'grinched' but still kept posting about it and shit stirring.
>>
File: 1325405588112.jpg (75KB, 408x475px) Image search: [Google]
1325405588112.jpg
75KB, 408x475px
>>5915487
>>5915496
Could the Commissioner set it up so people get paired up within the same countries or at least close together? It would help save on shipping so people could have more to spend on toys
>>
>>5915713
I'm not sure about this most recent one, but previous years had people paired with people from the same country unless they volunteered to do otherwise.

I live in America and ended up sending something to a guy in Belgium because I didn't mind doing international.
>>
>>5915527
That's because nyafuu started archiving in May 2016. fgts had it before then died with no backups.

That said, there are some posts that cover Maybe late October through February so I'll see if I can get that imported.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.