[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck aren't there any good toys for this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

Why the fuck aren't there any good toys for this series?
>>
Nice bait, GL has great toys.
>>
>>5906039
Well, I can't find anything other than revoltechs, and revoltechs are shit
>>
>>5906058
Naw they are fine. There are other companies that made decent figures, which you could easily find by Google.
>>
>>5906058
>Well, I can't find anything other than revoltechs
because you're retarded, thats why you cant find the non-revoltech ones
>>
>>5906035
Do you want a Kill La Kill Ryuko figure instead?
>>
>>5906077
>Revolshit
>Statueshit
>Anything decent is a model kit or the Yoko nendo

>>5906079
Never got into Grill La Hill, but at least they got Figmas
>>
>>5906079
>Get into Kill La Kill late
>Try to find Figma
>Ryuko is like $150

See, unlike video games, figures are actually worth preordering. It's crazy how you'll never know which ones will sell out and which ones will rot on the after market. Sucks that Figma rarely get reissued.
>>
>>5906084
Well I guess if you are too retarded to find them on google, I doubt you'd have the mental capacity to buy them online anyway.
>>
>>5906120
If you really think there's a Gurren toy that's so great that it redeems all this shit, then fucking post it or fuck off.
>>
>>5906123
No, then you wouldn't learn.

I'll give you a hint though, there are three really popular ones, two of them are done by the same company.
>>
>>5906084
but we never got Boomhauer
>>
>>5906035
>>5906058
>>5906084
>>5906123
>WAAAAAAAAH SPOONFEED MEEEEE
>>
>>5906058
>revoltechs are shit
lemme guess, your biggest complaint is *click* right?
>>
this looks like a giant pissing competition in this thread.

>>5906133

you're just a dick, mate.
>>
I still regret not buying the figures of the first two baddies when I had the cance....
>>
>>5906065
Why don't you point out some? Only decent figures I was aware of are the two Fraulein Yokos and OP doesn't like Revoltech.
>>
>Google.com
>>
>>5906035
S.H Figuarts Kamina never... ;_; not even a figma.
>>
>>5906196
It's really outrageous that we never get anything of Simon, Kamina, Shinji or pretty much any male protagonist from a mecha show, all the figures have to be of the girl ones.

Fucking waifufags poisoned the well for the rest of us.
>>
>no 1/12 scale super galaxy gurren

why live
>>
>>5906212

I don't think anyone could ever afford a figure that big.
>>
>>5906212

SHE is working on one but you're a poorfag.
>>
File: 200904yokodd5.jpg (96KB, 450x908px) Image search: [Google]
200904yokodd5.jpg
96KB, 450x908px
There are even Dollfie Dreams of Nia and Yoko available.
Expensive and 1/3 size though, but still.
>>
>>5906035

The series came out just before they started making really amazing figures. The revos are nice, but the shit we got now blows them out of the water. It only took a few years too.

It's a shame is what it is. Chokogin is dope though.
>>
>>5906240
The Riobot looks alright but it was one of their earlier releases and hard to find now.

I remember when everyone was losing their shit over the revoltechs and some of them like Enki and Lazengann were going for triple retail on ebay. Back when the show was airing Revoltech was considered a really great line but that was before Bandai kicked their shit in with Robot Damashii.
>>
>>5906243

Yea I meant the Riobot actually. I always get them mixed up and didn't care to google it. Choko has the goober knees.
>>
>>5906234
I also forgot about the Neuromancer but that wasn't well received. I never got to opening mine so I can't confirm/deny. But I do have a case still in backstock because they were going for so far below retail.
>>
>>5906267
I mean, the figure looks incredible but people didn't like the physical build. Sales were so bad for Yoko that Yamato shorted the production run of Asuka and even then they still dipped well below retail.
>>
Still fond of my old GL revo. Had to give it a soap bath recently to clean off the plasticizer leak, but it's in pretty damn good condition otherwise.The sheer amount of joints in it made that other Bandai GL fig I saw look like a statue in comparison.
>>
>>5906210
>implying a noriko figma wouldn't be the tightest shit
at this point is imposible though, the same with a figuarts Gai Shishioh, either cyborg or evoluder form, or a figuarts Kouji.
it is be expected though, since the main point of those shows are the robots, and probably a good deal of people are satisfied with statues of the characters already.
we're basically a niche of a niche
>>
>>5906058
Nice job triggering the revofags anon
They are the easiest to bait on this board.
>>
>>5906180
Is there something wrong with wanting people to put their money where there mouth is? There's no good Gurren toys that aren't Gunmen or Gurren.
>>
>>5906035
The time has come and gone.

Unless some company or a new fan base emerges to get a huge boner for this license suddenly...it's time has passed for the desire/necessity to even make new merch
>>
File: Minerva X crying.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Minerva X crying.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>5906722
>implying a noriko figma wouldn't be the tightest shit
>at this point is imposible though, the same with a figuarts Gai Shishioh, either cyborg or evoluder form, or a figuarts Kouji.
>mfw

Would buy all of those in a heartbeat. Even if it seems impossible right now, I still have hope that someday good figures of them will exist.
>>
>>5906750
0/10
>>
>>5906750
Yeah but what actual mech shows actually get figures of the pilots that aren't statues?

Sure the occasional show gets a articulated character here and there but it's definitely not the norm.

The OP was asking for decent GL toys, which there are. They never asked for toys of characters which are not the main mechs.
>>
There's the MMS, which is the closest you'll ever get to a decent 1/12 scale yoko
>>
>>5906750
>There's no good Gurren toys that aren't Gunmen or Gurren.

It's a mecha show, get used to that. Human characters don't get as many merchandise as the robots, you'll be lucky if they get anything at all, actually. It's been that way since the 70s.
>>
>>5906234
That looks disgusting
>>
There's literally nothing for any of the main characters aside from Yoko or Nia
>>
>>5906800
That actually pretty good figuarts of Master Asia
>>
>>5907332
And it shelfwarmed hard. Proof that mecha pilots don't sell, unfortunately.
>>
>>5906210
Only decent one I can think of is Roger Smith.
>>
>>5907344
It's sad about that since they actually also had a Figuarts Charr in the works too, but that's pretty much been cancelled now.
>>
Doesn't TTGL have a 10th anniversary coming up? Maybe we'll get something cool.

Who am I kidding they're just gonna reissue the revos aren't they?
>>
>>5907388
don't forget the revamped domon in casual clothes, and the old rain and allenby figures

>>5907405
it's next year.
who knows, maybe riobot lazengann is finally released
>>
>>5906058
The Super Robot Chogokin is great.
>>
>Get into Mecha shows to see robots fighting
>It's 90% just characters talking and drama
>End up liking the characters anyway
>Try to find figures of the show
>It's all just the mechs and none of the characters

Is there a more bait and switch genre than this?
>>
File: PVC3460-1.jpg (72KB, 490x600px) Image search: [Google]
PVC3460-1.jpg
72KB, 490x600px
>>5906722
At least we have some articulated figures of Noriko and Guy.
>>
>>5906039

Nah, he's more or less correct.

You could perhaps argue that the Revoltechs were decent for their time and price, but they've aged like shit and nonetheless skyrocketed in cost; the SRC has puny, spindly arms and elephantiasis of the knees; and the Riobot and SHE were absurdly overpriced the day they went up for pre-order, let alone right now.
>>
>>5907405
>they're just gonna reissue the revos aren't they?

If nothing else, it'll be a last chance to get 'em at a reasonable price.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.