[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which toy line had the best villain of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 14

File: skeletor130_full.png (860KB, 1236x1224px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor130_full.png
860KB, 1236x1224px
Which toy line had the best villain of all time?
>>
>>5898606
I'd say Bionicle since Makuta managed to take over an entire universe and only could be killed by headshotting him with a whole planet.
>>
File: pretty_butterfly.jpg (302KB, 487x640px) Image search: [Google]
pretty_butterfly.jpg
302KB, 487x640px
>ORIGIN: Hatched at the center of an unknown red Birth-Sun

>WEAPON: Wrist lasers

>Arkus is an evil insectoid trying to rule all beings in all galaxies. Arkus never eats, sleeps or feels pain. His life force comes from the anguish of his victims. In all the universe no creature is more evil than Arkus.

>Arkus was raised on the world of Krondar, home planet of the Crab People. He is the author and chief architect of the Intergalactic Triumvirate, which also comprises Ggripptogg and Raygoth.
>>
>>5899260
Came here to post Makuta
Even if you don't like Bionicle, his toys were rad and the dude was bad
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15KB, 225x225px
Tendril is a personal favorite.
>>
>>5899332
>Hatched at the center of an unknown red Birth-Sun

that's pretty badass tbhfamicom
>>
>>5899260
How do you launch a planet at someone's head?
>>
Transformers is one of those lines where the henchmen are cooler than the main villain. Never thought Megatron was all that interesting, but Starscream, shockwave,and soundwave are badass.
>>
>>5899260
Don't forget he was a shapeshifter so he could look like whatever you wanted to build him to look like.
>>
File: SS300086_00.jpg (54KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
SS300086_00.jpg
54KB, 500x400px
>Names himself and his weapons after the most hated creatures known to man.
>Founder of the world's largest terrorist organization, Cobra.
>Able to lead a motley crew of ninjas, bikers, weapons manufacturers, mad scientists, criminals, and two gay twins.
>Able to rebuild empire overnight after numerous setbacks.
>Only the elite of the elite American armed forces can stop him.
>Humble origins as a used car salesman or brilliant scientist of a long lost race of snake-men. Take your pick.
>Overthrew Serpentor, a genetically created ultimate tyrant born to overthrow Cobra Commander himself.
>Able to parley & gain respect with physical heavyweights like Megatron.
>Survives all attempts on his life to live in the far future & fuck up Rodimus Prime.
>Has a throne and ain't afraid to sit on it like a boss.
>Snappy dresser.
>Favorite hobby: kicking puppies.
>Openly ran for US president several times.

Cobra Commander, the villain's villain.
>>
>>5899720
>Arkus never eats, sleeps or feels pain. His life force comes from the anguish of his victims.

that's even more badass desu.
>>
>>5899727
>not liking guns
sounds like someone had a neo-liberal soccermom tell stories of being turned into a republican baby raping murderer by just touching a gun

Now i have to wonder, was there any back story about these guys?
>>
>>5899765
Don't have to buy him, he can be ANY toy!

I always liked Mumm-ra's design.
>>
File: cy_kill_by_shinmusashi44-d6bbmau.jpg (225KB, 785x1017px) Image search: [Google]
cy_kill_by_shinmusashi44-d6bbmau.jpg
225KB, 785x1017px
Known throughout the galaxy as a friend of the oppressor, a champion of the evil cause.

Also turns the "red white and blue = good" color scheme upside down.
>>
>>5900692
He uh, just doesn't like megatron, friendo
Kind of projecting there.
>>
>>5900692

They're Megarton's younger brothers:

>Magnumtron
>Middlingtron
>Brownietron, the littlest Pistola Robot in the Decpticon army
>>
Thundercats
>>
File: GUN GOD MEET YOUR AVATAR.jpg (337KB, 630x969px) Image search: [Google]
GUN GOD MEET YOUR AVATAR.jpg
337KB, 630x969px
>>5899836
to be frank most members of Cobra can be kickass when given a chance to shine properly
>>
>>5900726
I always found it odd how Leader 1 and Cy Kill had the reverse colors schemes of Optimus and Megatron. I wonder if that was intentional or just some kind of weird coincidence.
>>
>>5909359
I think they just used the existing Machine Robo colors, it was pretty rare for Gobots to get new colors.
>>
File: ehapa-Poster88-10.jpg (160KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
ehapa-Poster88-10.jpg
160KB, 1000x664px
Masters of the Universe! Skeletor and Evil-Lyn were the best!
>>
>>5909359
>>5909378
Plus all 4 weren't necessarily meant to be good or evil, just robots in their original toylines.
>>
>>5899725
with a bigass slingshot
>>
>>5900692
The 44 was a mentor to Megatron, and his death is essentially what kickstarted G2, even though he only appeared for one scene, never transformed, and was never given an official transformers release. He's kind of my grail, but I've never seen one for less than a thousand dollars whole.
>>
>>5910240

The shit that show got away with. They would drag them out in the street and lynch them nowadays.
>>
File: corroder6.jpg (87KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
corroder6.jpg
87KB, 650x488px
Was there ever a toyline where the villains were more interesting (and plentiful) than the heroes?
>>
>>5899727

In retrospect you can see Megatron becoming ever more despotic throughout the series and seemed to divert all of his attention to extolling whatever revenge he conceived towards Prime alone, separate from the overall struggle. It's like he was almost self-aware that he had to be a textbook ineffective 80's big bad, but it works.

This was later picked up on by the Beast Wars guys when Predacon Megs took in his spark and instantly became a bible-beating fanatical cult-leader who's sole goal in life became ruling Cybertron but now with a heavy chip on his shoulder against all organics even part of himself.

Even the War Within origin enhances this quite a bit in that he was eliminating Primes as if it were his calling in life and why he even took up the megatron mantel which wasn't a thing until he did it.

I don't really know anything about current cannon but I'm assuming it's heavily fucked up and contrary to everything before it. But this is the Megatron I love.
>>
>>5899727

Soundwave isn't the only Decepticon to be 100% committed to Megatron's cause but he's sure as shit the only one with enough knowledge and foresight to truly comprehend it. He's a robot Joseph Goebbels.
>>
File: bw-204-tangled-web (8)[1].gif (71KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bw-204-tangled-web (8)[1].gif
71KB, 400x300px
He was obviously working for himself and consolidating power but nah let's just make him another fucking Unicron spawn or a spy for the completely illogical shadowy third faction.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>5899727

> That time Starscream's ghost possessed Waspinator and went ham.
>>
>>5910949
Anon he was a spy for the tripredacus council since Agenda.
>>
>>5911012

I thought that was Ravage.
>>
>>5911017
Ravage was the guy they sent in to clean up messes and he reveals to Megs during his captivity that Tarantulas was their spy planted in his ranks.
>>
>>5911025

Okay you're right I think I'm remembering it wrong because of the comic. Series makes it seem like Tarantulas went rogue just like Megatron did.
>>
>>5910939
Kenner's Aliens
>>
Technically ALL the dinos were antagonists in the JP franchise since they were all escaping and shit. Only the carnosaurs were the 'baddest' of them since they actually preyed on the humans.

And yeah, the Aliens franchise from Kenner to McFarlane to Neca. My mom was always worried about me liking the aliens more than the marines as a kid. Then again, I never noticed the dicks all over Xenos until I was 17 when I watched the feature the on the making of Alien, so my mother was probably more concerned I was liking dicks.
>>
>>5899332
I have never seen a toy pull off terrifyingly evil so well.
Dat nigga scary
>>
>>5910866
What kind of things?
>>
>>5909378
This is Fantasy/Sword & Sorcery you moron. From Conan to John Carter to He-Man, has always been like that. This is non different from a Frank Frazetta painting.
>>
File: dpizzazz01.jpg (70KB, 187x500px) Image search: [Google]
dpizzazz01.jpg
70KB, 187x500px
Pizzazz from Jem was a massive bitch.
>>
>>5911276
which has fucking nothing to do with Gobots color schemes, retard.

>>5912026
that's not a superpower, that's just being a useless piece of shit. And a stupid as fuck character name, plus a stolen band name.
>>
File: Jemanon Alert System.jpg (249KB, 816x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Jemanon Alert System.jpg
249KB, 816x1123px
>>5912035

Dude I am -SO- tired right now. I don't even feel like pretending it's adorable how hard your hateboner for Jem is.

Hasbro used "The Misfits" with Jerry Only's blessing.

Glenn Danzig, when confronted with this, could only defend himself by saying "I had to finish it!"

In short: Fuck off.
>>
>>5899727
>shockwave

Cartoon Shockwave was dull and boring. The comic book version though was a badass who wanted Megs dead even more than Starscream. That motherfucker was stonecold evil.
>>
>>5909323
I just got to this part in the comic. Transformers vs. GI Joe rules.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.