[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic the Hedgehog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

Is this seriously the best figure Sonic's ever gotten? I mean it's a great sculpt and it comes with a bunch of cool accessories, but at the end of the day it's still just a Nendoroid.

With all the Sonic hype this year I'd love to trade up but AFAIK this is the best there is, which is pretty damn depressing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
File: forg.jpg (77KB, 800x802px) Image search: [Google]
forg.jpg
77KB, 800x802px
Yeah, the Nendoroid is the best there is for him. And in all honesty, I don't see that changing any time soon. Those spindly limbs and giant head don't lend themselves well to articulated figures at all - any attempt to give him more articulation than what the Nendo has would result in a figure that was A) fragile, B) had trouble supporting its own weight, C) had bulbous joints that look weird, or D) all of the above. Not to mention, skinny limbs tend to look really stiff and awkward when articulated, like what you see here. Swappable limbs work much better for applications like this.
>>
>>5896731
Not OP, but I think that figure there could easily have those issues you mentioned rectified not by changes to the limbs, but the hands and pose.
Natural poses can do a LOT for a figure.
>>
>>5896701
My main issue with the Sonic nendo is that it's got the look of modern Sonic with the proportions of classic Sonic. The two don't work well together in my opinion. If the figure looked like the Sonic OVA or the Sonic CD intro instead of either modern or classic Sonic's design, I'd be all for it though
>>
>the most poseable Sonic figure we ever got was from Jazwares
>the Sonic figure line with the biggest cast of characters by far was from Jazwares
>the best Sonic action figure line by any measure was from motherfucking Jazwares

Only the dead can know peace from this evil
>>
Sonic hasn't deserved anything more than Jazwares since Heroes
>>
File: image.png (117KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 250x250px
>>5896701
>Just a Nendoriod
What's wrong with that?
>>
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GSC10810&mode=retail

Looks like the nendo's getting a re-release for anyone interested.
>>
File: eggman.jpg (35KB, 560x416px) Image search: [Google]
eggman.jpg
35KB, 560x416px
>>5896941
>Sonic hasn't deserved anything more than Jazwares since Sonic & Knuckles

Fixed that for you
>>
File: image.gif (290KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
290KB, 500x677px
>>5897384
>"Includes: 1 Articulated Sonic Figure, 1 stand for posing Sonic, 1 Jewel, and 1 Sonic Ring"

Did they take away all the other accessories?
>>
>>5896917

>The only good modern 4-inch Mortal Kombat figures are from Jazwares.

>the only modern 4-inch Street Fighter figures are from Jazwares

I've been dead, anon. and I still fucking hate Jazwares.
>>
I wouldn't mind a line based on the new Mega Drive comic since the designs are decent, but I don't see it happening at all. Have to stick with those naff 2 inch figures they did a while back.
>>
>>5897443
Eh, I picked up the KO ages ago so I've got all the accessories. The only real problems with it are some balancing issues with Sonic himself. If you want them, go ahead and buy the KO.
>>
>>5896701
>Just a Nendoriod
Enjoy your shitty McDonald tier jazwares toys, loser
>>
Why not make the head hollow, though?
>>
File: 715T5Elt-hL._SL1500_[1].jpg (155KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
715T5Elt-hL._SL1500_[1].jpg
155KB, 1500x1500px
Say what you will about the Tomy line currently out, they at least gave us not one, but TWO Egg Mobiles, the first one a zip-cord launched one that's pretty nice
>>
File: pTRU1-23532845enh-z6[1].jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-23532845enh-z6[1].jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
>>5897754
And while this one is more complex, I'd say it's the better of the too, featuring a spring-loaded pair of missiles plus a spring loaded 'destruction' feature where it flies apart on impact. It's also able to separate the legs from the pod part so it can have the more classic shape. Shame the figures suck though, I like the idea of a Teddy Roosevelt-ish Eggman, but the execution is beyond lacking.
>>
>>5897767
Have this action image as well, complete with requisite twerpy kid over-emoting how much fun he's having, else he'll get the belt again for losing another modeling gig.
>>
>>5897754
>>5897767
Can you take the figure out?
>>
>>5897782
Yeah, it's the standard Sonic Boom Eggman figure, I've had both Jazwares Eggman figures behind the windshield of the rip-cord version, with the Classic style one fitting perfectly into the nearly-circular void. Haven't been home long enough recently to try the spring-loaded one out though, but same deal so I would be surprised if the fit were any different.
>>
As bad as Jazwares was, they were improving towards the end, it's a shame we never got a full game-roster out of them.
>>
File: Tails_Doll_2.png (169KB, 477x452px) Image search: [Google]
Tails_Doll_2.png
169KB, 477x452px
While we're on the subject of Sonic, what's the best plush Sonic & Tails out there on the market today? My old Sonic & Tails dolls burned up in a fire and I'd like to replace them.

The ones I see are either cheap toy crane versions or $100+ super expensive ones.
>>
>>5897443
It's part of an EZ line that Good Smile is doing for people who suck at keeping track of accessories
>>
>>5900052
So, for people that can't keep a fucking box?
>>
File: Chaos_Control.png (681KB, 1361x764px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Control.png
681KB, 1361x764px
INTERGALACTIC CONTINENTAL CHAMP RUNNING THINGS
>>
>>5900052
>>5900056
No it's for /v/ fags who are slowpokes and cry for re-releases
>>
>>5896701
>modern Sonic
I really wish they would've made classic Sonic instead.
Not for any nostalgiafag reasons, I just think the old power-up monitors and checkpoints looked cooler.
>>
>>5897754
I still need to get this thing along with Orbot and Cubot.
>>
>>5900341
Only crying I see is yours so far.
>>
>>5897443
It's a new line they're doing for the US, "Nendoroid EZ." Lower price points, but less accessories. In other words, the "we want the Funko audience" line.
>>
>>5900347
I'm so fucking sick of "muh Classic Sonic" shit.
>>
>>5900508
I pre-ordered him but he cost as much as my Nip Sega Saturn Nendo, so they're doing a shit job of making "low priced" versions
>>
File: 20160908_030759.jpg (139KB, 748x783px) Image search: [Google]
20160908_030759.jpg
139KB, 748x783px
>>5897754
Found one on clearance and gave it to Dr. Robotnik. He can't really fit in there, he's just leaning in it with his legs folded back.

kinda want to get the Tails Jet, but i already have the one jazwares made for All-stars racing
>>
>>5900647
Why can't I just prefer the tv monitor to the dumb bubble?
>>
>>5900718

Because my autism won't allow you to.
>>
>>5900649
Probably because these prices are based on the US distribution. A fully-fledged Nendoroid with all accessories usually runs for around $50 in US brick-and-mortar stores, whereas they're aiming to have these EZ editions on shelves for around $30. Neither of those take into account the Japanese prices, which are cheaper because there's no middleman taking a cut.
>>
>>5900052
The only use I can see for a Nendoroid EZ is if you love a Nendoroid so much that you want a double but don't want to shell out the full price.
>>
>>5896917
How much is this thing worth, anyway? They aren't on eBay often and I have one complete with the stand that I bought on a whim years ago. I'm getting sick of how neither the knees nor the stand can support the weight of his head, but I'm not sure it's worth warming up the old eBay account for.
>>
>>5896701
the fuck happened to jazzware licence? fuck
sonic jizzwares is like 150$
>>
I could see him getting a more articulated figma version if Sonic ever becomes popular again.

GSC already made that nendo so there's a chance I guess.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.