[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a question for all you senpai, how happy were you with these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 3apurtal.jpg (97KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
3apurtal.jpg
97KB, 540x800px
a question for all you senpai, how happy were you with these? Wondering because I just found a great deal on atlas.
>>
>>5894251
Paid 350 for both and feel like I wasted my money. Just removing Atlus from the packaging snapped one of his little piston things on his leg. They can't pose for shit, and are liable to fall down/topple over if you look at them wrong. Also, I have no idea WHY they have a weathered paint job when they NEVER appeared like that in the game.

When I got them, they were the only options for Atlus and Peabody figures available. Sadly, they're eclipsed by the NECA figures which, themselves, are shitty.

So yea...if you HAVE to have a representation of the characters, get the NECA ones since they're slightly better but way less expensive.
>>
>>5894310
are there and good, posable glados figures?
>>
>>5894524
No, but I've seen Lego MOC's that look pretty good.
>>
>>5894658
Yeah i saw the lego one and it looked decent, not really a big lego fan though.
>>
All I know of is this papercraft.
http://billybob884.deviantart.com/art/Portal-GLaDOS-PDF-of-pgs-1-5-90757449
It's pretty good, but it doesn't have the base with all the monitors, so it just kind of cuts off. As far as I know, your choices are that, lego, or build something yourself.
>>
>>5894310
>I have no idea WHY they have a weathered paint job when they NEVER appeared like that in the game.
It's pretty simple. See, when companies come to ThreeA wanting toys made of their characters, they ask for one of three things:

1) A completely screen/media-accurate representation of the character (for example, Real Steel)

2) An accurately modeled figure, but with ThreeA's signature weathered paintjob where there was canonically no weathering (for example, Portal)

3) A completely new redesign of their character by Wood (for example, Gundam)

Valve pretty clearly went with option 2. It's not "ThreeA's fault," this sort of thing is dictated by what each license holder requests/approves.
>>
>>5894524
I have a 3D printed one which is pretty okay. I need to fix her up a bit, though.
>>
>>5895411
Pics?
>>
File: il_570xN.576002406_15jf.jpg (39KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.576002406_15jf.jpg
39KB, 570x760px
>>5895503
It's the lamp model that's been floating around the internet. I bought her printed, sanded, and painted for ~100 burgerbucks. About 18 inches tall. She can move her body up higher at the "waist" and her head can move up and down as well as the ability to rotate. I want to replace bits and pieces of her so she can hold the poses and redo the paint.
>>
>>5895800
That's pretty neat. I think it's look pretty awesome hanging upside down from a display shelf (Detolf or whatever) as the centerpiece for a /v/ shelf.
>>
>>5894251
Go for it man I really like mine my only complaint would be about their stability cause it's wonky af
>>
>>5895800
This looks really cool. How big is it and where can i buy one?
>>
>>5896146
fuck off
>>
>>5895800
$100 for that is a good price. I mean i have a 3d printer and id rather just buy it at that price than do all the sanding and painting (not to mention actual printing) involved.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.