[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In need of a search party for this piece!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: CXYbLI7UQAA_oFD.jpg (24KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CXYbLI7UQAA_oFD.jpg
24KB, 600x338px
I purchased the Revoltech Ultron, and found an image floating of the same figure but with a badass drill attachment. I tracked down the drill and when I decided to attach it.. something became obvious..

Turns out I derped real hard, and didn't notice the unknown forearm attachment used to connect the drill. I tracked down the source of the pic to a collector on twitter, who seems to only speak Japanese. I wasn't surprised that he didn't reply to my tweet.

Can anyone help a fellow collector out?

The Goal
> http://imgur.com/a/lJC5S

The issue
> http://imgur.com/a/Xe9GD
>>
probably an assemble borg arm
>>
Just take off the forearm? Make sure you pull out the forearm with the joint attached. It's not mean to detach from the forearm. Get another Revo joint and attach the drill bit.
Where did you get the drill from anyways? An assemble borg like the other anon said?
>>
Could be from tenpen toppa gurren lagann
>>
>>5893306
Take a picture of the hole the peg is supposed to go in next to the revo peg. Also share the image on 4chan, it's a fucking image board.
>>
>>5893348
Taking off the forearm entirely and putting the drill on looks wonky. The proportions are clearly off.

The drill did come from the Revoltech Gurren Lagann Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Action Figure.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (25KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
25KB, 450x800px
>>5893361
Well, it couldn't be more obvious that this is my first time posting now is it?
>>
>>5893375
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 1200x929px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 1200x929px
>>5893306

Looks like he replaced Ulron's forearm with the piece from Assemble Borg Abyss Seeker seen in at the lower left of pic related.
>>
File: Problem.jpg (382KB, 864x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Problem.jpg
382KB, 864x1536px
>>
>>5893379
I've been asking forums, reddit, and other outlets for about a week now about this, and you guys figure it out in less than an hour.

Here it is.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KAI10670&mode=retail
>>
>>5893379
It makes sense as to why the attachment may have not looked familiar to anybody... because it seems that it is just now getting a release outside of Japan. If I may ask, how did you go about searching for this piece?

I couldn't be more thankful!
>>
>>5893379
I really should stop, and be putting all my thoughts in one post instead of three separate ones...

The forearm seems to be from that kit.. but There doesn't seem to be a revoltech joint or something that would attach the drill to that piece. I have another revoltech figure.. Would my best option be to get a revoltech joint from that and use when I want the drill on Ultron?
>>
>>5893397
I'm just a big fan of Assemble Borg, so I recognized the piece right away.

No worries - happy to help!

If you're looking to buy, I'd suggest AmiAmi as it's a bit cheaper:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-021270&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DAssemble+borg%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1
>>
>>5893400
If you buy Abyss Seeker, it comes with all of the joints necessary to build the sub as well as a pack of 14 spare joints (2 of each kind, pic related).

Considering how flush the forearm piece is to the drill, it looks like he might has used the straight joint (bottom joint in pic related).
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1239x902px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1239x902px
>>5893417
Sorry, forgot pic.
>>
>>5893402
Well hot damn!

Is the Abyss Seeker, the only way to get this accessory?
>>
>>5893437
It's not an accessory, it's one of the pieces that makes up Abyss Seeker.
Like a lot of things, the primary way to get it is by purchasing the set it comes in. There is no other method available at the retail level.
Now imagine, if someone buys a thing, is there anything stopping them from selling off part of it?
Good luck finding the person that wants to sell you just one piece from the set, making the set incomplete.
Best bet is to man up and buy the whole thing.
>>
>>5893437
Unfortunately, yes. You can try saving an eBay favorite search for Assemble Borg and see if any loose lots pop up. There few and far between though as AB isn't very popular in the US.

You can also try Yahoo Japan Auctions, but then you'll need a buddy in Japan or pay a proxy.
>>
>>5893441
Understood. I wanted to be sure there wasn't some obvious accessory pack separate from the Abyss Dweller that I wasn't aware of.

And well, good to know its not exactly an "accessory" either. Would there be any possible resale value of the abyss dweller without that piece? Albiet, I'm sure I wouldn't get the full investment back with a piece missing.
>>
>>5893455
>Would there be any possible resale value of the abyss dweller without that piece?
Golly I don't know! How could someone even determine this?
>>
>>5893375
Well, welcome. 4chan is great for quick useful information from people who are typically hostile experts. Lurk around awhile and you'll glean tons of great info if you can tolerate getting told off occasionally.
>>
>>5893375
Fuck you
>>
>>5893464
>4chan is great for quick useful information from people who are typically hostile experts. Lurk around awhile and you'll glean tons of great info if you can tolerate getting told off occasionally.
Honestly this is the most accurate & succinct description of this site I have ever read.
>>
>>5893473
Its good to be here.
>>
>>5893455
Food for thought: How about you buy something that you'll want to keep and just another accessory/piece instead? Maybe even another Assembleborg (or piece thereof) would fit even better and would be more to your liking?
>>
>>5893454
>AB isn't very popular in the US.
Any idea why? It seems like something that would take off.
>>
>>5893590

Historically it was very hard to buy from the US for a long time. Had to order through proxies for the first couple years if I recall correctly.

Also I just don't think AB is destined to be popular. It's a building-block-ish line that's more fun the more parts you own, but it's too expensive for you to be able to just dip your toes in and actually get to experience the play pattern. You have to commit to a pretty expensive purchase in order to have enough parts to really understand the line.

Also it's not licensed and has no tie-in media or fiction and nothing like that ever gets particularly popular.
>>
>a collector
Heh, that's not just a collector, that's the sculpter! That's from Katuhisa Yamaguchi's Twitter, he's the "Yamaguchi" in the Revoltech Yamaguchi name.
>>
>>5893568
Well, that is some good thought food! The piece from the Abyss Seeker seems to coordinate with the revoltech Ultron anatomically and paint scheme wise.
>>
>>5893868
I think the black 'tire'(?) piece clashes a bit with the rest of Ultron.
>>
Would you have any recommendations for an alternative forearm piece?
>>
File: image.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123KB, 785x757px
Christ this thread was tough to read. STOP TYPING ALL NICE LIKE WE ARE IN THE 50S

REEE
>>
>>5897852
Thanks for the suggestions, I do promise to take them to heart. Hope you have a wonderful evening, cheerio!
>>
>>5893666
Holy ass, that explains a lot...
>>
>>5893384
>asking reddit
Found your problem
>>
>>5893306
Is this you anon?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ActionFigures/comments/4z5f5y/can_someone_identify_that_drill_accessory/
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.