[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasn´t sure if this one or the mecha one would be better for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: u05.jpg (142KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
u05.jpg
142KB, 800x650px
Wasn´t sure if this one or the mecha one would be better for my question...either way, here I go.

I´m trying to rebuilt Metal Gear Rex in Lego.
Started just for fun without a plan, but the headpart turned out so good that I decided to make a bigger project out of it.

My three questions being:

Would anybody happen to have Metal Gear Rex as a figurine and be so helpfull to take some very detailed photos? Especially of the middle area which is hidden in pretty much ALL the photos you can find.

b) Does anybody here have experience with Lego-Mechas (this is my first one)? And if so, my biggest problem at this point is the maneuverability of the head. How do I built the "neck"-part, able to move up and down, right and left, all rather freely? My only concept so far turned out to be far too big for the model and looked ridiculous.

3. The head turned out fantastic but also already took up big parts of my arsenal...is there any place where I can get literal SHITTONS of grey parts for very cheap? Cheaper then pick-a-brick, that is, because I can barely afford that one.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>Would anybody happen to have Metal Gear Rex as a figurine and be so helpfull to take some very detailed photos? Especially of the middle area which is hidden in pretty much ALL the photos you can find.
Look up reviews for the Kotobukiya model kit. Many of them feature a lot of photos from all different angles, as well as pictures of the model as it's being built.
>Does anybody here have experience with Lego-Mechas (this is my first one)? And if so, my biggest problem at this point is the maneuverability of the head. How do I built the "neck"-part, able to move up and down, right and left, all rather freely? My only concept so far turned out to be far too big for the model and looked ridiculous.
Weight will be your biggest problem by far. Bionicle/CCBS ball joints can grant a decent range of motion while still being pretty small in relation to a model of this size, but they're not going to have enough friction to support the weight, so making a clear support pillar would be wise.
>The head turned out fantastic but also already took up big parts of my arsenal...is there any place where I can get literal SHITTONS of grey parts for very cheap? Cheaper then pick-a-brick, that is, because I can barely afford that one.
Bricklink is your friend.
>>
File: 3A IS XBOX HUEG.png (761KB, 634x627px) Image search: [Google]
3A IS XBOX HUEG.png
761KB, 634x627px
>>5888219
>1. I have both model kit (painted now but it wasn't in pic related because its an old pic) and the big guy, but i know there is that guy on this board that has the half scale 3A Rex and he would probably see this thread at some point and could take better pictures than i ever could with my shitty camera

>2. Some guy on the lego general used to post his little Rex (will post pic after this comment), if you ask lego general then you will probably find him

>3. I dont know much about it since I dont use it but alot of the lego general guys use bricklink
>>
File: 1395344690442.jpg (89KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
1395344690442.jpg
89KB, 960x541px
>>5888657
>>
>>5888219
People have already built huge fuck off models of REX in Lego! Look them up and then youtube vids of model kit rexs
>>
>>5888657
Thanks, already, I didn´t even get a good view on the "arms", so far.
>>5888658
This one´s actually pretty fucking neat, too.
The head of mine is already 3 times as big, tho.
I´m really doubting the possibility to finish the project with my financial status being as it is.
>>
>>5888670
I´ve seen that one, the 900 Dollar-Model.
To be honest, I didn´t like that one too much, it looked far too...static...and didn´t have the kinda dinosaur-feeling that Rex has.
>>
File: IMG_0286.jpg (1006KB, 1648x1776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.jpg
1006KB, 1648x1776px
Oh by the way i found another old photo i had, you said you wanted to see the middle area
>>
>>5888677
Pretty much a perfect picture for detail, thanks, man.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.