[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based Mezco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

File: flash.jpg (244KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
244KB, 1500x1500px
Based Mezco
>>
>chinstrap

Eeeeeh
>>
>>5880441
why are his arms not in sync with his legs?
>>
>>5880449
hes turning round a corner
>>
>yellow costume trim that would be 1" thick in scale
>based
One:12 isn't even 50% good thus far. All the Marvel stuff save for 2 Punisher versions are shit, all the DC stuff save for DKR Batman is shit, Star Trek is great, and Dredd is great.
>>
>>5880604
I akgree with this.

So much of what they are showing is so off. They aren't being cautious nor particular with their design. What they are doing doesn't work with every character.

To top it off, their head sculpts vary so wildly in quality.

Spock was good, kirk doesn't look like shatner. Punisher was good, Superman looks weird as hell.

The costuming is poorly thought out, with inappropriate hard plastic integration everywhere. It's so bad with superman, holy crap did they bomb that.
>>
>>5880636
>kirk doesn't look like shatner.
Mezco Kirk looks almost exactly like young Shatner. Your perception of what Shatner should look like is probably based on him in the movies, but he looks way different in TOS than he does in the movies.

The "comic" Superman is probably the biggest disappointment they've shown thus far.
>>
>>5880441
>Based Mezco

Is this a meme? As this looks hilariously terrible.
>>
>>5880441
Got Classic Cap, Deluxe Punisher, DD, Flash, and Green Arrow preordered.

Whenever Spidey, DP, and Deathstroke go up for preorder you best believe im preordering those bitches too. love me some mezco.

And for those complaining i hope the delays and whatnot fix your gripes if possible
>>
File: kirk compare.jpg (154KB, 1186x504px) Image search: [Google]
kirk compare.jpg
154KB, 1186x504px
>>5880679
They were off in quite a few ways, anon
>>
>>5880686
>And for those complaining i hope the delays and whatnot fix your gripes if possible

Literally every time I see superman he is worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 1278x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 1278x1920px
>>5880681
Here's a more recent pic of that prototype photo
>>
>>5880692
Looks like one of those early 70's figures.
>>
>>5880692
They did a pretty bad job matching the red paint to the costume, and the texture jump is pretty jarring.

I don't get why their faces always look so soft and blurry.
>>
File: featurednew.jpg (49KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
featurednew.jpg
49KB, 900x505px
>>5880686
>being this much of a spaz fanboy
I felt embarrassed for you while reading your post.

>>5880687
Looks really good to me, especially considering how different the light source is. Pic related looks a lot closer to real Bill with more similar light source.

>>5880692
A year ago all the fanboys riding the hype train were so certain that the shitty DC prototypes would improve before releases. Flash and Superman are proof that their DC and Marvel OC designs are never going to look good.
>>
>>5880696
i dont get all close and personal with my figures so it doesnt bother me. Looking at these at a display distance like in the picture would look fantastic.

Have you gotten a chance to mess around with with the Mezco Batman? He's one of the best figures ever made imo and is really why im excited for these future mezco releases. If they can keep up that same quality then boner
>>
>>5880715
yea well you like star trek
>>
>>5880726
Yeah, I'm a real scifi fan, at least I don't waste my money on Star Wars trash.
>>
Personally I think their Captain Marvel figure looks nice enough.

I also want mezco to make a Carl Brutananadilewski figure.
>>
I want am desperate for a Ted Kord Beetle

But I do not want a Mezco Ted Kord Beetle
>>
>>5880767
>I want am
Am I even writing in english anymore, holy fuck what is wrong with me
>>
>>5880604
It's very based to ignore scale
>>
>>5880715
>fanboys riding the hype train were so certain that the shitty DC prototypes would improve before releases. Flash and Superman are proof that their DC and Marvel OC designs are never going to look good

How is it proof when neither have been released? It's like you gave up on using any sense half way through.
>>
>>5880791
They released promo pics. If you think the final figure will radically differ from the promo pics (which they would absolutely need to be overhauled to actually look good) you may be the dumbest person currently posting on /toy/.
>>
>>5880692
Slap a $70 price tag onto that Chinese knockoff looking figure and Mezco is good to go.
>>
>>5880604
>yellow costume trim that would be 1" thick in scale
literally what
>>
>>5880807
Literally every toy in history has looked different from promo shots and they even make it a point to mention that they're of the proto and not the production figure, so maybe chill out and reserve your vitriol and judgment until a production piece comes out.
>>
Is there any other line that got such a massive shift in reception from /toy/? DC Icons?
They had such a winning idea with DKR Batman, too. Iconic interpretation of a character based directly on a comic artist. Why did they stray from that? Any major comic character has a handful of definitive artists they could've chosen to use.
>>
>>5880881
I was really looking forward to Flash and Superman, but the designs never improved from the prototypes.

>Is there any other line that got such a massive shift in reception from /toy/?
I'm not sure if it's just one shitposter, but ponunian has been getting some shit.
>>
>>5880850
Do you not understand how scale works? The trim would be 12 times thicker than it is on the toy if scaled up to real sizes, so it would about an inch thick.
>>
File: hyper realistic jeff bridges.jpg (46KB, 988x420px) Image search: [Google]
hyper realistic jeff bridges.jpg
46KB, 988x420px
I don't know what you guys are talking about. This likeness is spot-on.
>>
File: 1 inch.jpg (950KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1 inch.jpg
950KB, 1500x1500px
>>5880903
Wew there, Porky.

So you're telling me, pic related?
If so... so what..?
>>
>>5880970
Thickness. As in, how thick something is. Depth. Not its width across. Maybe you can understand words one day.
>>
File: bugs bunny.jpg (174KB, 988x420px) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny.jpg
174KB, 988x420px
>>5880933
LMAO and this one too right LOL hahaha
>>
>>5880977
>Thickness. As in, how thick something is. Depth.
Hahaha you literally just changed your word and then immediately following had the obstinance to say maybe you can understand words one day.
Wew laddy.

And after all this, it turns out you're ACTUALLY trying to say the trim stands a full INCH off the costume??

You are a fr*cking riot, champ.
>>
>>5880970
Take a ruler. put it on your arm. Notice how far 1 inch juts out from your arm? Now imagine a whole band that thick around it. On an otherwise sleek costume it looks awkward as hell.
>>
>>5880985
That sure would be nuts! And yet you can plainly see in the photo that the trim is about half as tall as the width of his finger, so you're saying he has 2" wide fingers.
W
E
W

L
A
D
D
Y
>>
>>5880984
Alright chucklefuck, how thick is it then in scaled up size? Does it look integrated into the costume and flush like literally every major Flash costume? Can you imagine Flash having bands that big?

Please, shill some more, because we need the laughs.
>>
>>5880850
>>5880970
>>5880984
>>5881005
>FWOOSHFAG
>W
>O
>O
>S
>H
>F
>A
>G
Go back to your circle jerk forum if you can't handle people posting valid criticism.
>>
>>5881006
>>5881010
>shill
>fwoosh
>circle jerk
Wow you guys are off the chain. I don't even know what line of toys this is or whatever fwooshfag means/memes. I just clicked because I saw what I thought was a Flash comic image.
Are you SERIOUSLY this insecure?
>>
>>5881023
>I don't know what fwoosh is!
>I don't even know what line of toys this is!
>Even though I literally took an image already posted that has both the company name and product line name and edited it!
>You're just insecure!
...he says as he feels the need to retort everything when his precious ego is on the line. Holy shit you are backpedalling so hard.
>>
File: mirror spock image1.jpg (1MB, 3172x2379px) Image search: [Google]
mirror spock image1.jpg
1MB, 3172x2379px
the Trek ones seem alright

the DC ones all look a bit disappointing though
>>
>>5881048
You've got issues man.
>>
>>5880692
Wow that looks even worse than ops picture..
>>
>>5881095
...he says as he feels the need to retort everything when his precious ego is on the line. Holy shit you are backpedalling so hard.
>>
>>5881197
you say as you feel the need to retort to everything when your precious ego is on the line. holy shit you are backpedaling so hard.
>>
>>5881184
The fuck? how?
>>
From Mezco I'll just be waiting for the Superman, Spider-Man and Ash nothing more unless they release a Robin or a Nightwing
>>
>>5881367
They're doing Ash too? I didn't know they were working on that one.

Might actually turn out okay since they'll have to make a change from the usual cloth suit that heroes wear, though in saying that i'm also looking forward to their Spider-Man and also their Captain Marvel.
>>
>>5881415
Yeah, the president said so in a podcast
>>
>>5881478
Thanks Obama
>>
>>5881367
ash as in ash ketchum or ash williams?
>>
>>5881495
Ketchum
>>
File: tumblr_o21uv159tD1u2gq2jo1_1280.jpg (104KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o21uv159tD1u2gq2jo1_1280.jpg
104KB, 1080x1080px
by far the best looking Mezco figure so far
>>
>>5880687
WHY CAN'T THERE EVER BE A GOOD SHATNER MOLD!? :'(
>>
>>5881495
Come on man, Williams of course
>>
>>5880692
Looks like a robot chicken parody
>>
>>5880441

You forgot this >
>>
>>5881500
Too bad it's of a filthy commie.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 498x79px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 498x79px
A thread or two ago I asked about how accurate their pre-order dates were. Did I have it wrong? I thought I was pre-ordering for an August payment/delivery.
>>
>>5882326
To the best of my knowledge Mezco has never announced and kept one release date for any of their non-exclusive items.
>>
>>5882526
Sulu was announced for July and that's when I got him

Nearly every other figure gets delayed though, I think Kirk got pushed back to September or October already
>>
>>5880715
>Pic related looks a lot closer to real Bill with more similar light source.
Yeah, depending on the pic, it goes between pretty close and not in the same state.
>>
>>5881500
too bad it was delayed until early 2017 :'(
>>
>>5883150
>too bad EVERYTHING was delayed until 2017
>>
>>5882326
Fuck this company holy shit. This was for August
>>
File: 147668.jpg (7KB, 195x250px) Image search: [Google]
147668.jpg
7KB, 195x250px
>>5883158
>BvS Batman and Superman have been delayed three times
>>
>>5883349
They might pull the plug at this point, considering how intrinsically awful the movie was. They probably won't come close to filling all pre-order slots from retailers.
>>
>>5883372

Idk they can always just lower their production numbers. I doubt the sales projections for Batman and Superman figures from a movie that was very successful at the box office but sucks are actually lower than something like Judge Dredd who is just drastically less popular than Batman or Superman, so if they're willing to do something on the more modest popularity level of Dredd and not just super huge Big Two cape comic characters, then I think they can figure out a way around a particular figure of one of those super huge characters needing to lower the sales expectations a bit.
>>
>>5881482
kek underrated
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.