[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I sell my Collection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: collection.png (3MB, 1386x899px) Image search: [Google]
collection.png
3MB, 1386x899px
Hey guys, I have over 150 star wars, GI Joe and Halo action figures.

Some of them I even modified, custom painted or completely customized.

I listed it on eBay for 1,500$, with best offer included. It quickly gained traffic, in 2 days it had 100 views and 3 watches.

I took it down because I was afraid someone would buy it and I wasnt ready to part ways, but now im not sure.

What I want to do, is find a dedicated team of nerds who stop motion animate, to bring my toys to life. I would be the donor and director. I used to animate these toys, but I stopped because it was a pain in the ass to deal with and time consuming, that's why I was selling them. But now I have renewed vigor to find a team of animators so I dont have to sell my toys. lol.

What are your thoughts?

TL;DR - Former animator who gave up animating, but now wants to do it again with a team. Should I sell my toys for 1.5k$ or animate?
>>
>>5873337

That's a nice collection OP. I'm also buying figures partly for photography projects since i find animation to be incredibly tedious.

Why did you feel the need to sell these to begin with?
>>
>>5873337
Animate man. Do it. You see an opportunity you've been waiting for, take it.
How many people didn't take that chance and took the comfortable choice? Many and I am guilty of it too.
Your choice isn't a hard one. Its only you that is holding back. Its only you that is not taking that chance to do what you want. Its that doubt that is making you second guess yourself.

Animate those toys.
>>
>>5873346

I'm short on money and want to be able to pay for dates and drugs in all honesty lol.
But I'm sobering up so thats also why I wanna keep them now. Thanks man.

>>5873349
Thanks for the wise words man
>>
I have similar problem, I have over 150 LEGO Bionicle sets and I thought of selling them but shit what if I sell them... I am gonna miss them...
>>
>>5873337
Tbh dude it's a shit collection. You would be lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks.
>>
>>5873337
I know some people in the GI Joe general would want to army-build those MARS troopers.
>>
>>5873337

Looks like a bunch of Halo and prequel garbage

You should kill yourself
>>
Animate and follow your dreams but desu toys aren't really the best stop motion puppets. Take it from an animation student. Also if you get a team of animators you have to pay them in money.
>>
>>5873421
>phone accidentally adds "desu"
>kills myself
>>
>>5873337
OP what's your email? I'm interested in a few things if you're willing to part-out.
>>
>>5873412 please kill yourself
>>
>>5873375
yeah I KNOW dude

>>5873421
yeah i know theyre fucking annoying
>>
>>5873363

What drugs?
>>
You keep them and pursue those dreams, OP. You will regret it near immediately if you sell them, trust me. Pick out your least favorites if you wanna make a buck, but don't sell them all man. You'll regret it. Chase your dreams.
>>
>>5873474
Psychadelics, weed, acid, shrooms, dmt and ayahusca. :P

>>5873479
Right on man!
>>
>>5873337
>Some of them I even modified, custom painted or completely customized.
More of a minus than a plus for most buyers.

>I listed it on eBay for 1,500$, with best offer included.
That's practically retail, for opened figures you'd be lucky to get $300
>>
>>5873337
If you can sell those for 1.5k, do it because they don't worth it.
And halo is a dead saga you should animate something people would watch.
>>
>>5873337
>I listed it on eBay for 1,500$, with best offer included. It quickly gained traffic, in 2 days it had 100 views and 3 watches.
>1,500$
Hahaha....OP im pretty sure your collection is safe
Thanks for the laughs man.
>>
>>5873528
I started collecting heavily when I quit smoking weed. Bad reason to sell them man.

You arent going to animate shit when you sit around tripping or smoking out all day.

The joes arent worth much. Split the stuff you want to keep, sell the others in a lot. Clone troopers, droids, sw characters, joes, etc.

Im probably going to sell my halo stuff. Moatly reach figures with a few anniversary ones. Just been lazy about it. Local CL sucks, ebay has autistic users, bst is just as bad at times.
>>
>>5873575
It includes weapons too man
>>
>>5873588
>ebay has autistic users
AMEN

youre right i cant do shit when im tripping or fried.
>>
>>5873528
>drugs
Keep the figs. You'll regret that drug shit
>>
>>5873363
I take back my words.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>5873427
4chan changes to be honest into desu.
>>
>>5874982
which reply were you?

Kill Yourself.
>>
>>5873337
Like what everybody is saying, your collection is safe cause they're literally worth nothing and by you customizing them they lose more of their value. They're not line Transformers where some customized stuff are somewhat valued more or Power Rangers stuff that have an actual dedicated fanbase. Nobody cares about Halo and G1 Joe anymore and Starwars shit are so saturated unless you have an extremely rare figure nobody would care about your retail crap.

The reason there was 100 views and 3 watchers in 2 days is because they want to see who will be the retard that would bite your scalped pieces of shit.
>>
>>5873435
find me at [email protected]
>>
>>5875514
haha man thats gold, maybe you could be that retard?
>>
>>5873337
Gonna be straight with you. I collect figures and have a good disposable income.

That set isn't worth 1.5k.

It is a really nice Halo collection and I know you probably paid 3k for it over time, but unless you find someone else just dying for them you aren't going to make 500, let alone 1.5k.

I would divide it into lots of 3 to 4 figures each, anchor a rare or expensive one in each lot and then surround with the common stuff.

You'll pay more in auction fees, maybe, but you'll get more in the end than one massive lot.
>>
Do not get rid of all of them, pick out 2-3 favorites from each brand, keep those as fun desktop memorabilia, then sell the rest if you want.
>>
File: Cylon_Basestar_1.jpg (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cylon_Basestar_1.jpg
68KB, 1024x768px
>>5873337
You idiot!!! The Cylons are coming get a space ship and meet them!!
>>
File: 1472169644701.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472169644701.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>5878239
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>5873386
After seeing how it's like a few toys repeated over in over, I was surprised you had watchers at all. Personally, I would pull no more than a dozen of them out, put the rest back up, and hope somebody pulls the trigger. Seriously, what possessed you to buy so many of the same Halo toys? Don't do that 'cause it really fucks you if you're ever looking to sell.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.