[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster High General: Please Love Us! Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 107

File: love us.gif (1MB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
love us.gif
1MB, 178x178px
Old thread: >>5820407

>Recent Releases
MH Minis: Collectable blind bag mini figures.
SDCC Exclusives: Robecca Steam and Hexiciah Steam, Ghostbusters Frankie
Collector's Edition: Skelita Calaveras
New look signature characters: Frankie, Draculaura, Moanica D'kay, Ari Hauntington
Welcome to Monster High (Fall movie line): Frankie, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Cleo, Draculaura, Abbey, Deuce, Moanica, Draculaura and Moanica 2-pack, Singing Ari Hauntington.
Shriekwrecked: Dana Treasura Jones, Draculaura, Rochelle, Lagoona, Clawdeen, Catrine, Gil,
Pet Beasties: Cleo, Lagoona, Draculaura, Frankie, Clawdeen w/playset
Ghoul-to-Bat Draculaura
Boltin' Bicycle Frankie
Scream and Sugar: Nefera and Amanita 2-pack
I Love Fashion: Whisp Grant

>Upcoming 2016/2017
New look signature characters: Clawdeen, Cleo, Lagoona
Shriekwrecked: Gooliope
Electrified (Spring movie line): Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Venus, Twyla, Silvi Timberwolf

>News
Welcome to Monster High movie out on DVD/digital September 27.
Preview showing in theaters August 28.

Monster High diaries book 5 out now.
>>
Welcome to Monster High is showing in theaters August 28th. Here's where you can see it.

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/welcome-to-monster-high/more-info/theater-locations
>>
File: 1429533542174.gif (601KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1429533542174.gif
601KB, 200x189px
>>5872991
The hell?
>>
>>5873294
A scene from the movie. Also, Clawdeen turns into a wolf now.
>>
>>5873791
>Also, Clawdeen turns into a wolf now.
Cool, she's like that chick from Night Watch.
>>
>>5873791

Great, now we know why Clawdeen is the only girl shown without a boyfriend...

>...Because her boyfriend is literally a dog.
>>
File: Clawdeen+Wolf+-+Ghoul+Sport.png (1MB, 752x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Clawdeen+Wolf+-+Ghoul+Sport.png
1MB, 752x1600px
>>5874101
>Clawdeen
>boyfriend
kek
>>
>>5874149
To this day I don't understand how that set made her a lez in the community's eye
>>
>>5874302
A lot of lesbians also played softball, like nearly every lesbian I know.
>>
>>5874302
Softball is objectively a gay girl sport.
>>
I bought one of those blind bag things. It's cute. Not as fuckable as the dolls tho
>>
File: gossamer.jpg (38KB, 298x375px) Image search: [Google]
gossamer.jpg
38KB, 298x375px
>>5875076
>>
>>5875076
But still fuckable, no?
>>
>>5874302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNCUgFeIjyM

softball = lesbians. everyone knows this. just like the navy/sailors = gay.
>>
>>5875254
They're like 50% eyeball. That's not very fuckable proportion
>>
File: 1463783046881.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1463783046881.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>5875076
>>
>>5875528
you don't think the minis are cute?
>>
>>5875546
they are but i don't really judge the cuteness of toys on whether or not they're fuckable
>>
>>5872991
>giant pupils
>irises shrink into a thin ring of nothingness
>highlights are hardly exaggerated

I really dislike the reboot's 3D art style, 0/10 not cute.

also,
https://youtu.be/AWUZsJuO5ZY

Looks like without Ghoulia, Frankie is now the "nerdy" one. Even though she basically made a Rube Goldberg machine that included a microwaving a gold bar just so she could make popcorn. Wew.

I also have a feeling that even though Torelai's still around she isn't going to be the main bully anymore, it's likely going to be Moanica because of her anti-human agenda.

I don't have high hopes for this movie but I'm still going to see it.
>>
>>5874302
Mattel loves queerbaiting.
>>
>>5874302
the same reason the EAH fans force the darling/apple headcanon - mattel queerbaits til the end of time
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 571x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 571x1500px
>>
>>5880525
they made her eyes bigger but otherwise, i like her reboot-ish look
>>
>>5880672
I especially like the fur on her arms and legs, pretty sure her and clawdeen share the same mold. Not a fan of the pony tail but that's an easy fix
>>
>>5880763
Since Matty is cheaping out on everything, maybe they've cut out the amount of glue they put into the hair.
>>
do you guys make clothes for your dolls or keep them with the one they came? or mix match with other clothes from other dolls or buy them online?
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 530x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 530x750px
>>5881154
Depends on the doll. Some dolls like pic related I think are perfect as they come, so I won't change a thing, except maybe fix up the hair if it needs it. Other dolls I may switch some accessories, like maybe I don't like the shoes or necklace. I do wanna learn how to make my own doll clothes for future customization ideas.
>>
File: image.jpg (270KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 800x800px
I've never bought any doll clothes online, Haunt Couture has a lot of cute designs, anyone ever buy from them? I'm tempted to get something from them. If not them is there anyone else who makes some cute clothes?
>>
>>5872991
What is it about Rebooted Frankie that looks so fucking off and uncanny? Not the doll, the animated version of her.
>>
>>5881259

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Most of their stuff even though "custom" or "hand made" is on the same par with cheap Barbie clothes.

They make a lot of print dresses, where one side is really cute and then the back side is some boring ass fabric they don't show you in the preview photos.

Yea their photos and sets are cute but their clothes aren't worth it.

Besides they use Velcro, and not Snaps. Or atleast they did last time I wasted my money buying their shit.
>>
>>5881259

>>5881259

Shop around on Etsy, one of the best has to be LovelyWoods Boutique. Check out her Etsy or Facebook. She's not very well known, but that's because she doesn't pop out a boring cocktail dress literally anyone could make in 2 hours.

She custom makes a lot of things, which means you send her in a design and she will recreate it. Can take a little extra time, but you'll definately be impressed. She has commission slots open for each month, unfortunately I think they're already filled for the year. She has a ton of fabrics though, and will make you anything she has using those fabrics on stuff she has for sale.

She recently recreated the Lara Croft Tomb Raider outfit for a customer.

To the anon above>>5881546
I think Haunt Couture has actually tried and lift a few of LovelyWood's designs already. It's sad but it's what happens in the fashion(doll) industry.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 640x737px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 640x737px
>>5881259

Shit I could make that dress in 30 minutes.

Look at the bust of this dress, it doesn't even have a form to it. The tacky trim at the top is to take your eye away from the shoddy manufacturing.

And it's literally just a cocktail dress?? Those are incredibly easy to make. Especially one that's pleated/gathered at the waist like this one.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 640x484px
>>5881557

LOLLL look at it in the second photo, you can tell the dress has no real form. Look at the bunching underneath her left arm.
>>
>>5881561

That's not the kinda side boob I was hoping for...
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 640x847px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 640x847px
>>5881553

I didn't believe you so I typed her name into google and...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS

I need 20 of these outfits
>>
File: image.jpg (362KB, 1092x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
362KB, 1092x1920px
>>5881574

Her stuff is definately more Lolita-esque but I can dig it
>>
>>5881577

Hold up did she make those wings???
>>
>>5881154

I change my dolls styles all the time. I was the anon in the last thread with the banging outfits on their dolls.

They're called fashion dolls for a reason. Not sit around and collect dust dolls.
>>
>>5881580

I'm guessing?

There's a backpack in that same photoshoot I know she didn't make but she's not claiming to either.
>>
>>5881577
Oh wow. I like her aesthetic a lot.

I love the fact that she uses a plain, "mannequin" doll, with a plain background. That way the clothes/craftsmanship stands out, as it should.

Unlike with Haunt Couture who has a regular doll you may "connect" with, and a busy background to distract your eyes from any imperfections like >>5881561
pointed out
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 800x800px
>>5881600

Woah dude that's the only reason I bought one of his dresses is because it looked dope as hell on the Catty modeling it.

But I totally agree with everyone else who is pointing out the shitty craftsmanship because the dress literally started falling apart after a few times of redressing.

Pic related, it's the dress I bought. Now looking back, I should have seen the shitacular-ness that it was. Like the anon above pointed out, there's bunching in the bust of the dress.

Granted it was only $12 but cmon, I could sewed it myself for cheaper than that...
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 640x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 640x612px
>>5881612

More weird side boob.

This is like weird side boob though, it looks like girls boobs do when their going through puberty, y'all know what I'm talking about
>>
>>5881616

Maybe that particular Catty has like a goiter???
>>
>>5881663

On the side of her boob?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 588x779px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 588x779px
I'm really confused as to why Haunt Couture would put stuff like this in the store??

The neckline on this top is uneven as FUCK..like..uh ok?? And why are the seams in the front down the middle??
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 640x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 640x855px
Damn Haunt Couture back at it again with the bunchy side boobs.
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 570x570px
Who in their right mind thinks this fabric looks good??

Also you can see the plain black fabric they use on the backside on this dress

Tsk tsk
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 570x570px
My eyes are bleeding.

Did they dig this fabric out of the scrap fabric clearance bin at Walmart???
>>
Wow I've never even heard of haunt couture but going through their etsy is sad.

They have two styles for dresses. One is pleated cocktail dress.

The other is pencil cocktail dress.

On closer inspection it just looks like some of the pleated dresses are just pencil dresses with a peplum

Wow

So creative.

Why are they so popular?

They're just recycling the same two dresses over and over again with different fabrics?

Oh wait they have a new pencil dress with flared sleeves....

Ok so that brings the number of dress styles/patterns they have up to..2, still...2.

They have leggings in their shop that give your dolls a camel toe. Leggings are the easiest thing ever to sew.

Why. Why. Why(or how?) do the leggings have a camel toe??
>>
>>5881729
The uneven trimming on the end of the dress is driving me nuts. Just clip that one circle come on
>>
>>5881574
Big whoop it's a vest and a pair of shorts?
>>
>>5882368

Uhm. Also, gun holsters that are detachable, a belt, socks.

Let's see you recreate this look anon.
>>
So why are they rebooting this? i thought this thing was popular?
>>
>>5882613
Something to do with Mattel losing the Disney princess line, or along those lines. It's been rebooted now to appeal to a bit younger audiences I think is the general deal with this whole new look
>>
File: CrDWJ99WgAEwqMD.jpg (184KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CrDWJ99WgAEwqMD.jpg
184KB, 1200x675px
Newest to my collection, I love villain characters it was bound to happen.
>>
>>5882795
>the Whisp that can be 'sawed' in half by Freak Du Chic Frankie
>tfw have to settle for regular I heart Clothes Whisp
You lucky duck.
>>
>>5882644
So does anyone here in /toy/ really think this is a good idea? The Reboot is normal for most toy lines but doing it to Monster High where it's really mature look was it's draw? I think this is a really REALLY BAD IDEA. And could kill the line in a year or two. What do you think, anons?
>>5872991
>MFW that pic
>>
>>5882987
>What do you think, anons?
G1 forever!
>>
>>5882987
While I have accepted it, I'm not happy with it, I don't think a reboot is a bad idea, but it has been executed so poorly so far, with a movie with a weak plot, lazy boring fashions, and an insulting fashion pack for Whisp. That ice cream 4 pack is everything wrong with the reboot, it is killing me inside seeing dolls I missed out on from joining the party so late
>>
Have a question.
Did the Megablocks Monster High line was a failure?
As far as I know, It didnt got much after the first stuff.
>>
>>5882987
I really don't like the reboot so far the dolls are less cute, the characters feel bland, if Franky is the new science girl, is Ghoulia gone?

Also this is the year of the failed reboots, look at GB and the nuPPG
>>
File: skelita-megablok.jpg (40KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
skelita-megablok.jpg
40KB, 540x540px
>>5883081
>>5883081
There's more figures coming out, not sure about playsets or anything though. I haven't seen them in stores yet, but I've found em on ebay. I need that Skelita.
>>
>>5883111
I bought some of this.
But Customs hold it back until I make something weird for them to free the product.
So I guess this dolls are not identify in my country, so I had to specify what they are because mattel isnt bringing the "single figure packs"
>>
>>5883081
They had a new christmas or winter set on toysrus and i think they have a few new pieces and one with Torelai coming out. Unsure if they sell or not - but most are gone from my area. I actually want to start buying these now that i wont be getting many reboot dolls.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 400x320px
Sorry for bad quality, found it on Tumblr
>>
>>5884868
Well put it back where you found it.
>>
>>5884868
Clawdeen wouldn't be caught dead in that ugly ass outfit.
>>
>>5884868
Draculaura looks cute.
>>
>>5884973
She probably doesn't like to look back on her freshman year, so embarrassing
>>
>>5884868
Getting real tired of these shitty prints, Mattel.
>>
>>5884868
If you cover the bodies with your hand and just look at the heads, they are cute as fuck, not gonna lie, but then you see those shitty cheap dresses, non painted shoes and non articulated elbows, wrists and knees.. No. Just no. Fuck you Mattel.
>>
>>5884868
That Draculaura has a really cute face-up. Too bad everything else about this set is garbage.
>>
File: wut.gif (955KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
955KB, 500x500px
>check local toy shop because I noticed their MH stock was low months ago
>gimme those sweet discounts
>just -two- MH things there
>CAM Color-me-Creepy fashion pack for 22 euros
>Abbey's second fashion pack for 17 euros
>mfw
>>
>>5885943
I work in a huge department store and MH used to take up almost an entire aisle, but now we have two assortments shoved in a corner.

Monster High is dead guys.
>>
>>5882987

Love the new faces. They look far better than the fugly cheaply modelled garbage you posted.

Remember that the original MH look was loosely based on the trending Bratz type of designs and are 5 years old. It's dated and does need a change.

The new lazily designed clothes however, are terrible.
>>
>>5886113
>fugly cheaply modelled garbage
I don't think you understand what the word cheep or fugly mean Anon.
>>
>>5886044
yup, i remember in 2011 when i started working at target and there was a whole aisle for monster high, just like barbie. now after the reset last month, MH and EAH each have their own individual section in the aisle. it's amazing how much it shrunk down
>>5886113
i feel like i've seen you posting in here before and every time, someone tells you to leave
>>
>>5887353
All that's left of Ever after high are the cheap 5 dollar budget dolls, shoved in at the bottom below the monster high dolls, which barely take up any space, it made me die inside a little
>>
>>5887377
At my local Walmart I meant to say at the beginning of that, which is all I really have in the middle of nowhere
>>
File: mhcustoms.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
mhcustoms.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey anons can you help me out? A friend quit collecting dolls and sent me what she had left, and there were these two custom girls. Does anyone know the artists who did them?
>>
>>5872991
I have a question. If Clawdeen transforms into a full wolf now, why is she still an anthro wolf the rest of the time? Shouldn't she be a human, or at least as human looking as Cleo or Jackson?
>>
>>5887652
I'd hardly call her "anthro", with just claws, dog ears and fangs
>>
>>5886729

> can't spell a simple word
> wants to troll others

Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>5887574
They look fucking awful anon.
>>
>>5887574
>That same anorexic drug addict face that all MH tumblr Artists seem to love
>>
>>5884868
apparently this set is called Emoji Ghouls, they really are running out of ideas
>>
>>5887574
What a waste of a perfectly good Cupid.
>>
File: Oook Eek Ook.jpg (129KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Oook Eek Ook.jpg
129KB, 1024x684px
>>5888771
>>
>>5888777
I was honestly about to say the same thing. Nowadays, those are hard enough to come by but a butchered one makes it so much worse
>>
>>5888741
>>5888700
>>5888777
Eh didn't say I liked em, just curious who made them. Friend can't remember. I am trying to make Ghoulia a better outfit and hair though, since I wanted to experiment with that anyway.
>>
>>5888922

Why don't you just dump them on eBay? Some tumblerette is going to buy'em.
>>
new mh clip, i guess dadcula is a teacher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tyqYZ-oxsk
>>
Once a doll line is perceived as "failing" by Mattel, they will put way more pink in it, cheapen the clothes and cut accessories, replace the main character (someone pinker), and add in a bunch of pop star characters.
It's happened to many doll lines, and now MH is the latest victim of meddling executives.

https://soratothamax.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/mattel-dolls-barbie-american-girl-dolls/

this post highlights the trend.
>>
>>5890066
Say it in the theater and he serves as the Head Master/Teacher.
>>
File: greif.jpg (18KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
greif.jpg
18KB, 500x281px
>>5890439
>Head Master
So is.. Headless Headmistress Bloodgood gone?
>>
>>5890495
It appears so. Only adults in the movie are Drac's dad & Clawdeen's mom
>>
RIP Ever After High
>>
So now that MH and EAH are now dead, what's next for us? I've entered the world of figure collecting. This is more expensive than doll collecting. Might go back to porcelain dolls though.
>>
>>5891480

I came to mh from bjds so back to bjd I'll go.
>>
>>5891480
I was in MH for the horror monster themed dolls, now that it's pretty much dead, don't really know where to go, I'll probably stick around and keep an eye out for anything decent
>>
>>5891480
I honestly jumped ship a while ago and am in the process of selling all but four of my collection. At my max I had like 60 dolls... I'm getting back into anime shit lately.
>>
>>5891559
I don't think I can part with my collection. I've grown attached to my girls and three guys.
>>
>>5891480
DC Super Hero Girls is getting my money right now. I'm debating on whether or not I should sell my MH and EAH collections.
>>
>>5891475
Wait what happened to Ever After High?
>>
>>5891617
Mattel has been killing it slowly by making each new line of dolls shittier and shittier.
>>
>>5891627
What do ya know, Hasbro is doing the same thing with Transformers.
>>
>>5891627
They keep making fucking more and more Apple dolls, they probably don't even know any other characters of their own series.
>>
>>5891783
"Maybe we should include faybelle in this line..."

"Who?"
>>
>>5891783
Seriously. It feels like Apple and Holly have been clogging shelves at every store I visit.
>>
File: daringbeast.png (347KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
daringbeast.png
347KB, 640x360px
>>5891808
I would have liked an Epic Winter Faybelle, especially since she was heavily featured. And I would love a beast Charming, but since his regular doll is so awful, I won't even hope.
>>
>>5891851
Agreed on EW Faybelle. I also would've preferred Jackie and Northwind dolls instead of the pixies.
>>
New webisode with Cleo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP7AD_vNepI

Hopefully once we get past these character intros, we can get some episodes with plot.
>>
>>5891960
>episodes with plot.

they don't want plot or depth. if Mattel wanted that, they'd have stuck with the original canon. Nah, the reboot is for the retards who watch shit like the Pom Pom channel

>hey kids, I'm going to inject a water balloon with ink for the 50th time! I so deserve more subscribers than Hydraulic Press Channel for doing literally nothing!

or those weird Spiderman/Elsa videos. They want to sell to the kids who are easily entertained without worry of plot, continuity or thinking.
>>
>>5891964
>G1 having plot and depth
Making shit up just doesn't help your argument.
>>
>>5891999
This is MH, not TFs, faggot.
>>
>>5892013
I know that, retard.
Still doesn't mean it had any depth to it.
>>
>>5891999
Old Monster High had a little bit of a plot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWj0WoSgQZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJCoCcs-3Y
>>
>>5891999
>implying earlier films like Fright On weren't dealing heavily with topics like racial integration of schools in the 60s/70s

Just because you're too retarded to see it behind the monster theme, doesn't mean it wasn't there
>>
>>5892209
You're seriously reaching.
>>
>>5892216
They were beating you over the head with it. How could you not see it?!
>>
>>5892227
It was message was more cliques are bad than a lesson on integration.
>>
>>5891783
Yeah, the leaked Princess Tribe line has Apple, Holly, and Maddie for some fucking reason. If the "leaked" list was anything to go by we might have one or two interesting lines left in that but the Ballet line was the one everyone was excited for and that ended up being the most disappointing thing ever.
>>
>>5892227
because I do what Mattel says.
>>
File: ayyy.png (198KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.png
198KB, 540x304px
>>5891808
>>5891851
>>5891854
i was so so so angry when there wasn't an EW faybelle. she played more of a point than apple did. what the fuck, mattel
>>
>>5892236
they're following the Hasbro line of thought.

>No no, you don't need a unique character that's never had a toy before, you want another Snake Eyes! Just buy the fucking thing or else we may go bankrupt, you little toy collector shit! You're in your 30s and you buy shit for children, just blindly support us and shut up!
>>
>>5892236
At least Apple had a minor plot point with Daring. I don't think Maddie had more than a couple of one-liners and she still got a doll.
>>
>>5892274
So two characters who didn't play a part in Epic Winter's plot get dolls but a heavily featured character doesn't get one, how fucking stupid can Mattel be?
>>
File: why mattel.png (731KB, 943x725px) Image search: [Google]
why mattel.png
731KB, 943x725px
>>5892236
The worst part is Apple's outfit is a recolor of Faybelle's from Epic Winter.
>>
>>5892388
I wonder if this was a possible sign that there almost was a faybelle doll, but then Mattel had their freak out and switched it to Apple
>>
>>5889657
Hm possibly, I'm selling some others so might throw them in there. I just feel weird not knowing the faceup artist, I'm coming at this from the BJD hobby and artist name is such a major factor there.
>>
>>5891508
Universal is apparently making an inter-related canon for their classic monsters so there may be more merchandise, if not dolls, coming soon.
>>
>>5892388
>>5892410
Then fuck Mattel for dropping making a Faybelle doll.
>>
>>5892388
>Apple has had a fuck ton of dolls
>she played a minor part in EW
>Faybelle has had three completely different outfits, giving Mattel a chance to extend their lines or, i don't know, put her into the ones where she showed up
>Faybelle Thorn? Faybelle Who? We have a character named that?
>>
>>5892238

> Has not been to the toy aisle in the past 5 years.

We got D tier Marvel characters and tons of literally who? characters bleeding out the Star wars and Transformers lines.

No one fucks up the overmilking of the main characters more than Mattel. Just ask any He-man fan about disco Skeletor and the death of the 200x toyline.
>>
>>5893286
>30+ bersions of Cobra Commander, 30+ of Snake Eyes, 30+ of Storm Shadow figures made in the past 10 years
>d-listers aside, they keep making new versions of Darth Vader, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other top characters every year

You've not been paying attention, chucklefuck. Probably hard to with your ass glued to Breitbart like every other godboy idiot on the planet.
>>
File: Facepalm-Memes-14.png (110KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm-Memes-14.png
110KB, 550x309px
>>5893450

>All this salt.
>Blowing shit out of proportions.
>Random ass Beitbart comment outta nowhere.

Either you're a troll or an autistic sperglord. Either way, you're screaming idiot.
>>
>>5893120
>faybelle has three outfits
She does?
>>
File: P1140799.jpg (349KB, 1600x660px) Image search: [Google]
P1140799.jpg
349KB, 1600x660px
Just bought my final Monster High dolls,
>Both Fierce Rockers sets
>And Casta Fierce because she's a singer, is 'fierce' just like the rockers so fits in plus she's cheap as fuck.

I did try to find a cheap good condition first edition Operetta to go with them as she has an instrument but couldn't find one. I'm a huge Jem fan and I guess this is the closest I am going to get since I can't afford those newish $200 collectors dolls.

But anyway, these dolls are great so recommend them. But why final? Because like a lot of people, I'm not a fan of the where the brand is going as well as I have way too many dolls and am putting the money in to my other neglected hobbies.

I have been in this general regularly since 2011 and just want to thank everyone for being so awesome over the years. It's been fun.
>>
Sadly I'm a bit late to the MH party and a new collector. For the life of me I can't decide which Draculaura doll to get.
So anons, what are your personal favorites? I might consider buying one.
>>
>>5895722
she has a fairest on ice outfit, an epic winter outfit, and a technical thronecoming outfit
>>5896024
personal MH favorites are Gigi, Robecca, and Jane
>>
>>5896031
Ah sorry I didn't phrase that very well. I meant personal favorite Draculaura's
>>
>>5896031
>>5896024
just realized you probably meant draculaura favorites though. she's not my absolute favorite out of all of them, but i loved her 13 Wishes doll
>>
>>5896024
There's nothing wrong with last year's budget Draculaura rerelease which is in your pic, it's a little less detailed than the original version but it's still nice. My favourite Draculaura personally is the Picture Day one. I think the outfit is cute.

My overall favourite Monster High doll though is 13 Wishes Howleen, she's so 80s retro, it's great.
>>
File: IMG_3392.jpg (630KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3392.jpg
630KB, 1600x1200px
I bought a vintage 1978 Barbie doll house for dirt cheap at a garage sale. Obviously, many parts are missing but who care. I bought it for a X-Mass gift for my neice. She's a MH fan obviously so I'll turn it into a MH house.

I finished spray painting the middle section. The windows (not shown) have a yellow outline and won't be repainted. Do you guys think these colors will be good enough for a MH doll house?

BTW, I don't plan painting the pink and lavender furniture.
>>
>>5896054
Black, purple, red, pink, dark green, dark blue. Just Halloween colors, can't go wrong. Looks fine.
>>
>>5896058

Thanks! That's good to hear. But man, that doll house is FUCKING HUGE! Just the mid section almost took TWO standard spray can of purple. And even then, the paint is not perfect. Still, it's for pure play, not display.
>>
>>5896024
Personal favorite Draculaura or character in general? For the former it's a toss up between the I Love Shoes and Sweet 1600 dolls.
For other characters I like Skelita, Rochelle, Abbey, and Catrine.
>>
>>5896054
If you wanna dress it up past the paint job, I strongly suggest hitting up a Joanns or Hobby Lobby for some Halloween print fabric or scrapbook paper. The paper especially is pretty cheap and great for floors or tabletops.
>>
>>5896054
Dude, that's looking awesome so far! If you plan on zazzing it up a bit after painting, there's tons of cool Halloween miniatures in the craft stores right now, good for little accents here and there.
>>
>>5896054
that's looking good so far, nice work anon. take advantage of the time of the year and grab some halloween accents. like >>5896422 said, scrapbook paper and fabric can also help.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 410x410px
>>5896024
Sweet screams is my favorite
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 480x750px
>>5897269
The sweet screams line was such a mess, but it was such a fun mess
>>
>>5891964
To be fair, going back to the old 'monsters and humans live in separate communities and are wary of each other' story is a little more involved than the 'world where every major city is monster themed and humans are virtually non-existant' theme we've had since Scaris. I just hope they do something interesting with it.
>>
Question: I've bought several of the minis, and even using the codes available online I've not been able to find a Skelita. Are all 70 available in the blind packs right now, or are they releasing in waves?
>>
>>5896054
>Transformers

What is it with Transformers fans and Monster High? I mean I collect both too, but still.
>>
What is your opinion on ever after high? I personally like Cerise Hood, but find the rest of the line a bit plain.
>>
>>5897626
While I'm disappointed Cerise didn't even have wolf ears, Cerise and their Cupid dolls are usually the best ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (299KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299KB, 768x1024px
>>5897626
Cedar is my favorite, she's gotten a few good dolls, Spring Unsprung is my favorite out of all the designs though
>>
>>5897626
I love EAH a bit more than MH (love them both though) but it's not as successful as MH is/was. They're kind of killing it slowly with turning it into the cutey cute princess line but there's still way to keep it up if they pay more attention to creative lines and lay off of the "PRINCESS PRINCESS PRINCESS" lines. Personal favorites are Darling, Jillian, Justine, and Duchess. Love Ramona too but she'll probably get butchered if they ever make her as a doll.
>>5897584
I think in the last thread, someone debunked the code myth. All 70 aren't available at the moment, I believe. The basic ghouls chunk should be but the luckiest I've gotten with that so far is snagging a Rochelle. You can get some of the other ones in the non-blind bag three packs that I've seen at Target
>>
>>5897644
yeah they really missed the mark with not giving cerise wolf ears
>>
>>5881237

I want this frankie so bad
>>
File: IMAG0092.jpg (811KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0092.jpg
811KB, 1836x3264px
>>5897647
>codes
Ah. Yeah these were all I could get. The two sets of dupes made me suspicious of all 70 being available.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x529px
>>5897626
Don't like them. Every time I see their fat round faces it just reminds me of this.
>>
>>5896096
Very good choices, I bought the Sweet 1600 doll.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 564x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 564x446px
Is there any sort of fashion theme you hope to see in the future from MH or EAH, or at least wish they had done. I really wish they had done a formal ballroom theme for Monster high, like EAH type fashion but with a monster edge. That or something cozy like a rainy day theme from either would be nice
>>
>>5897763
Cirque du Freak didn't have any good clowns other than Rochelle
>>
>>5897763
I'd like a full out asian-inspired fashion theme. Be it cheongsam, kimonos or school girl uniforms. Especially for my Jinafire doll.
>>
File: 3gCDF1.jpg (44KB, 220x335px) Image search: [Google]
3gCDF1.jpg
44KB, 220x335px
>>5897770
It's Freak du Chic.

Cirque du Freak was one of my favourite book series as a kid.
>>
I just bought a Toralei doll and her hair is fucking rock solid. I'm looking at pics of different Toralei's and they all appear to have hard hair. Why does Mattel do this..
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 284x526px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 284x526px
>>5898243
Mattel is generally not good with short hair, either it's rock solid to stay in place, it's plastic, or it's completely changed like what they did with Courtly Jester
>>
File: disgusting.png (75KB, 220x246px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
75KB, 220x246px
>>5898256
Prayer circle for Daring's fucking plastic hair.
>>
>>5898261
to some degree I can forgive the plastic hair, because it sorta rolls with canon and him spraying his hair until its solid and doesnt move. BUT I cannot forgive the fucking molded on pants, and I think his shoes were molded on too? Unforgivable
>>
>>5898261
I'm curious as to whether or not he's root-able under that plastic cap. I know Deuce and Holt were so I've got my fingers crossed.
>>
>>5898377
He... kinda is? Someone has actually pried off his hair, so there are pics online of how his head looks. The biggest problem is that there are rather deep grooves along the hairline of the plastic hair.
>>
I don't mean to sound like I'm judging you anons or anything, and I'm really sorry if I come off that way, but are you guys grown men collecting these?

Power to you if you are, it just struck me as a bit odd, I guess
>>
>>5898627

Oh look, it's the question that's asked in every thread. At least you're nice about it, unlike most of the anons who ask it.

I think it's about a 50/50 split between girls & guys last time we checked. Most guys are in it for the cute lewds & monsters. But thanks to the reboot, those attractions to franchise are shrinking.
>>
>>5898627
Hey look, it's that guy
>>
>>5899009
or girl. being a judgmental cunt is far from rare
>>
>>5890066
I hope this means he'll get a doll.
>>
>>5897779

With the racist chingchong attitude Mattel has, don't expect anything tasteful. Most of their Chinese 'inspired' stuff is Suzie Wong tier stereotypical. The equivalent of dressing black dolls in watermelon and fried chicken.
>>
>>5898983
>>5899009
Sorry anons, guess I should've figured that you get this alot, I'm new to /toy/
>>
>>5899054
Yeah, I guess I should have used a gender neutral term there.
>>
>>5899236
;_; an asian can dream
>>
>>5898627
Fuck off. You come in here every thread asking the same shit. So what if it is weird, how is it affecting you in any way? You are the one who waltzed in to our territory, not the other way around.

It's okay for grown ass men to buy figures of 10 year old school girls flashing their panties but not okay for us women (and a few men) to buy family friendly monster dolls? Hm okay, whatever you say.
>>
>>5899430
I've literally only been in this thread once. I tried to be polite about it as possible, so I don't know why you're so triggered.
>>
>>5899436
>TRYING to be polite? Why have to try? Are you Just naturally an ass?
>Calling everyone who collects these 'weird'
>'Triggered'

Why are you even here?

I don't like Funkos but I don't go in to their threads calling people weird for liking that shit. If this some way of trying to introduce yourself to the group then you've gone about it extremely badly.
>>
>>5899454
Holy shit, you're getting so defensive over your dolls
I was just curious about the amount of men collecting here.
>literally getting this triggered over a chinese comic board for collecting toys
>>
>>5899457
Then just ask how many guys are here instead of insulting people.
>>
>>5899461
You should probably reread my original post anon
You seem to be taking this way worse than you should be
>>
>>5899467

Well, you basically prefaced it with a "No offence, but...."

And then you say it comes off as odd.

You were probably better off just asking "How many of you that collect these are guys" or just not asking at all.
>>
>>5899485
Well, I guess the only way to find out is by asking. But I think that litttterrrralllly every past thread has had someone asking the same question, so people are naturally a bit snippy.
>>
>>5899524

So, if literally every past thread had this question asked, and you are aware of this, you should have been aware of the answers/responses. So why ask it again?
>>
>>5899535
Anon that asked here

The anon that you responded to with this post wasn't me
>>
>>5899541
And I am the one who was bitching at you and several of these posts responding to you aren't even me. So you are talking to about three or four different people.

Are you even interested in Monster High or just interested how many guys are here? If it's the latter then why do you even care?
>>
File: Enchantress-Suicide-Squad.jpg (66KB, 951x475px) Image search: [Google]
Enchantress-Suicide-Squad.jpg
66KB, 951x475px
I want to make a custom of Enchantress. any suggestions for base dolls skin-tone wise?
I saw a ghost one (Ari?) but couldn't tell is she was pink based.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 241x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 241x659px
>>5899567
Ari is a purple/greyish colour. What kind of colour are you looking for specifically?
>>
File: image.png (473KB, 410x770px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
473KB, 410x770px
>>5899567
I'm sure you could mod a Casta to look like her
>>
>>5899594
I guess a grey/white/light skin? Not pink or green or blue.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 375x500px
>>5899606
Ari, Spectra, Rochelle and Ghoulia all have grey/whiteish skin.
>>
>>5899596
thanks, but I'm more looking for body color than hair/faceup
>>
File: image.jpg (341KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341KB, 490x700px
>>5899606
Rochelle unfortunately has ears on top of her head though.
>>
>>5899617
Thanks!
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 824x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 824x1280px
>>5899606
Moanica might also be an option
>>
>>5899596
I'm so disappointed that they never did anything else with her, purely because I just want more of a witch character
>>
File: image.jpg (450KB, 1050x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450KB, 1050x573px
>>5899670
I agree, though I guess Mattel thought that MGA's Bratzillaz had already cornered the witch market. Thankfully they are long dead.
>>
>>5897626
I like their outfits more than monster high dolls but I hate their faces.
>>
>>5899236

Haha! Joke's on you! Black people LOVE gollywog dolls!

I can attest because I work in an antique store. Anything with a smiling darkie is snapped up within days. The more racist the better. It's mostly bought by black people for "heritage" reasons. The owner of the store bought some new 'repro' gollywogs and they were sold out within a week.
>>
>>5899861

But gollywogs aren't racist in themselves. Their look is based on blackface performers, who were part of a racist regime that kept blacks out of performing work, true. But other than the look, Gollywogs are fairly normal and aren't designed with offensive fashion or accessories.
>>
>>5899861
I went to Kenya a few years ago and all the toy stores sold Gollywog dolls. They are only racist because white people said so.
>>
>>5899675
I still see those at Khol's and Rosse' occasionally. I really like their designs and I wish I never put off wanting to get them. They looked better than normal Bratz dolls.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-07-11-04h48m53s121.png (415KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-07-11-04h48m53s121.png
415KB, 720x400px
>>5899915
>>5899889
>>5899861

I hate to pull this but, as a black person I have no problem celebrating black face (I actually like the look a lot myself) it's kind of a complex issue on a global scale; some countries with important folk stories that feature blacks in a positive and affirming way dont have many blacks ( mostly Scandinavian countries)
I get that in the americas black face was typically demeaning, and when I say typically I do mean 99 percent of the time. I get it. but my point is that intention should be the most important thing when considering whether something is racist or not. if doll cloths are real "ching-chongy" its probably because someone didn't do much research, not because they hate Asians or their culture

that said, lets talk about dolls and not unrelated projections of insecurity manifesting as over sensitivity to cultural appropriation of cultural artifacts that probably don't belong to us any way, or the mishandling of said artifacts.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 1200x900px
>>5897269
Can't believe I failed to notice her pupils are heart shaped
>>
>tfw the only Shriekwrecked Rochelle they have has a pink splotch on her cheek

Guess I'll pick up the Garrott/Rochelle two-pack instead. Pity, because I genuinely liked the SW one.
>>
Whatever happened to shriek wrecked gooliope jellington???
>>
>>5900645

Asian MH collector here, and I'm pretty disappointed in whatever Asian stuff Mattel has tried with MH.

If you as a doll /clothing designer don't think enough of the culture you're exploiting for your work to research properly and find it easier to fall back on stereotypes, that's still racist. Doesn't matter if you meant no harm, ignorance is never an excuse.

Every time I look at Jinafire I roll my eyes. Her not lookinh like our dragons is the least of the problems. She doesn't even look Chinese. Wrong facial features, wrong body type.

And there's the silly restaurant waitress fashion...
>>
>>5901171
I agree. Always wearing a cheongsam if they're Chinese or a kimono if they are Japanese. The vast majority of people in these countries do not actually wear these clothes on a day to day basis. I know why they do it but it's just lazy. I wouldn't say it was a racist jab at these cultures but it's also not right to do it all the time.
>>
>>5898261
the plastic hair is the only good thing for the daring doll, aside from giving him a great face. his hair is known to basically be a helmet because of how much hairspray he uses too. like >>5898318 said, i can accept the hair because for me, his clothes were the bigger problem.
>>
>>5901021
she's probably either a delayed release or a leak that ended up falling through
>>
>>5901171

> Her not lookinh like our dragons is the least of the problems.
And Clawdeen doesn't look like a werewolf. And Abby doesn't look like a yeti. And Venus doesn't look like a monster flytrap plant. Most of the MH girls don't look like the monster they're sourced from. Your point?

>She doesn't even look Chinese.
Applying physical racial tropes to a fictional monster that's not human? Who's the racist now?

>Wrong facial features, wrong body type.
You do realize that these dolls have to have a standard size & shape so as clothes & accessories fit them, right?

>And there's the silly restaurant waitress fashion...
What restaurant do you go to? Because all the Asian restaurants here have their waitresses in standard white shirts & black slacks.

>>5901178

>Always wearing a cheongsam if they're Chinese or a kimono if they are Japanese. The vast majority of people in these countries do not actually wear these clothes on a day to day basis.

Because if they T-shirts & jeans, they could be from anywhere. Wearing a cheongsam or kimono is a great visual aide to determine on the spot from what culture they're from.

BTW, it isn't "racist" to dress them in culturally appropriate attire. Consumers like dolls wearing unique fashions that separate them out from the other dolls. Gives them a background & character. If you're bitching for more diversity in dolls, shouldn't that go for their clothes as well? Or do you want them all dressed in boring, universally standard clothing, like jeans & T-shirts? That's not a fashion doll in my book.

You bitches can never be satisfied.
>>
>>5901278
she's in the system for Argos (a big catalougue store here in the UK) and she's due in stock within the next few weeks
>>
File: WMnMMjHr.jpg (45KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
WMnMMjHr.jpg
45KB, 500x295px
>>5901285
Asian here and absolutely agree with you there.
We gotta remember these are fashion dolls, and most Asian cultures fashion models use their own cultures history. Look at all Vietnamese runway models, man.
>>
File: BarbieLeaFashionista.jpg (76KB, 736x962px) Image search: [Google]
BarbieLeaFashionista.jpg
76KB, 736x962px
>>5901285
>Or do you want them all dressed in boring, universally standard clothing, like jeans & T-shirts? That's not a fashion doll in my book.

So by your logic, this Lea (Barbie Fasionista) doll isn't a fashion doll to you because she is asian and not wearing culturally specific clothing? Okay anon.
>>
>>5901468
Most barbie fashion is pretty ugly though.
>>
>>5901468
Not them, but Jesus Christ at least read what you type out before you post it.
>>
>>5901493
Not that person but it makes perfect sense to me. What's the issue?
>>
File: musiccleo.jpg (237KB, 1030x1500px) Image search: [Google]
musiccleo.jpg
237KB, 1030x1500px
Pictures of new Music Class Cleo and Ari.

Unarticulated or not, they come with some pretty sweet accessories.
>>
File: musicari.jpg (225KB, 1327x1500px) Image search: [Google]
musicari.jpg
225KB, 1327x1500px
>>5901562
>>
>>5901562
How the fuck does that harp work?
Or is it like a Xylophone
>>
Just read the book version of Welcome to Monster High.

I think Moanica might be the closest this franchise gets to having a detestable SJW character.
>>
>>5901579
That's a shame. Her one doll looks kind of cute.
>>
>>5901285

it's like I said, people want to be offended that someone is using culturally iconic clothing/ motifs when they should be honored that someone is trying to include them.
whats even better is that without these uses of benevolent appropriation these same people would be complaining that the line was too homogeneous.
this is the bottom line; no one group or person owns their heritage, we all of us humans have a shared history that belongs to the human race in it's entirety.
>>
>>5901562

I need that cleo
>>
>>5901562
>>5901566
These look good.
>>
>>5901562
>>5901566
Wow, these actually look good.
>>
>>5901562
I hope her arms are just unarticulated for this modeling pic
>>
>>5901555
How do you get
>If she's not wearing a piece of clothing from her native land she's not a fashion doll
from
>Generic clothing doesn't set them apart but a cultural piece or set of clothing can help
>>
File: tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo4_250.jpg (25KB, 170x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo4_250.jpg
25KB, 170x400px
>>
File: tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo1_250.jpg (31KB, 250x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo1_250.jpg
31KB, 250x338px
>>5901722
>>
File: tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo5_250.jpg (28KB, 162x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo5_250.jpg
28KB, 162x400px
>>
File: tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo2_250.jpg (36KB, 231x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo2_250.jpg
36KB, 231x400px
>>5901729
>>
>>5901625
>>5901641
No, no they don't. Look at the quality of MH dolls from 2010-2013 and then look at these. They're awful. I do however like the instruments.
>>
File: tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo6_250.jpg (21KB, 179x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo6_250.jpg
21KB, 179x400px
>>
>>5901722
>>5901729
Molded on leggings. Fuck off Mattel.
>>
File: tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo3_250.jpg (37KB, 214x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7m1d6svu1qeq3vgo3_250.jpg
37KB, 214x400px
>>5901735
>>
File: Profile_art_-_Jinafire.jpg (104KB, 311x750px) Image search: [Google]
Profile_art_-_Jinafire.jpg
104KB, 311x750px
>>5901622
I can kind of see it both ways but I feel like people do get way too worked up. Jinafire for example (since she's been mentioned enough) is supposed to be a the daughter of a Chinese dragon. Her outfits are never perfect but I like what they do with it, kind of like Kiyomi's dress but not as bad as Draculaura's ME dress. It's the details people seem to ignore. People seem to say, "She's Chinese? What area of China? What town specifically?" and so on because if you give people an inch, they go a mile.
>>
>>5901722
>>5901727
>>5901729
>>5901732
>>5901735
>>5901736
Surprise surprise, Princess Tribe is not only a stupid line idea, it's also horribly done.
>>5901733
Considering where the line is at now, I still think they look good. G1 MH doll quality is gone.
>>
File: archery ashlynn.jpg (193KB, 555x1280px) Image search: [Google]
archery ashlynn.jpg
193KB, 555x1280px
>>5901736
well get ready for this then
>>
>>5901735
>>5901729
>>5901722
A Holly, Maddie and Apple doll, Mattel sure mixing it up
>>
File: archery bunny.jpg (147KB, 540x1280px) Image search: [Google]
archery bunny.jpg
147KB, 540x1280px
>>5901747
>>
>>5901736
What would you expect, effort?
>>
File: archery rosabella.jpg (195KB, 574x1280px) Image search: [Google]
archery rosabella.jpg
195KB, 574x1280px
>>5901749
>>
File: tea party maddie.jpg (12KB, 160x361px) Image search: [Google]
tea party maddie.jpg
12KB, 160x361px
So the Tea Party, Powerful Princess Tribe, and Archery lines are all budget dolls. The somewhat decent news is that the Tea Party dolls don't seem to have molded leggings
>>
File: tea party raven.jpg (45KB, 378x960px) Image search: [Google]
tea party raven.jpg
45KB, 378x960px
>>5901754
>>
>>5901754

anon they have no articulation in their arms and their tops are molded on, I would take molded on leggings over both of those
>>
>>5901722
>>5901729
Did they keep Maddie and Holly's original eyes and just give them smiles?
>>
>>5901743
What is Maddie doing in a line themed to princesses? Couldnt have put Briar in there? Or hell why not Justine?
>>
>>5901800
Because Mattel is retarded.
>>
>>5901803
Unfortunate but true, guh
>>
>>5901800
Hell, they could have included Darling, Briar, Ashlynn, Justine, probably not Meeshell since she's new, Lizzie even (she's technically a princess, since she's going to be the Queen of Hearts)? Putting Maddie in there makes no sense.
>>
>>5901562
>>5901566
Just for reference, this is what's in the description on Amazon
>Experience life at Monster High with these sets that features a favorite character and high school-based accessory for storytelling fun
>Some pieces do double-duty the top piece of Cleo's harp doubles as a comb for doll or girl while Ari's piano easily turns into a keytar that she can wear
>Collect them all
They really are dulling it down if the whole point of sawing her harp in half was to make it be a comb.
>>
>>5901573
maybe it works like one of those plucking instruments with the little metal bars that make different notes when you pluck on them, I dont know what its called but yeah that
>>
>>5901751
Is Cupid in this line or not?
>>
>>5901871
Nope, just Bunny, Ashlynn, and Rosabella
>>
File: leaked list.jpg (81KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
leaked list.jpg
81KB, 720x960px
apparently the list was right and these are the spring 2017 dolls...yawn...
>>
>>5901622
> should be honored
> benevolent appropriation

Spoken like a true racial supremist
>>
File: grief.jpg (72KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
grief.jpg
72KB, 600x394px
>>5901562
>>5901566
>We finally get a MH music class line
>no Mariachi Skelita
>>
>>5901969

how is actively encouraging race mixing and multiculturalism even close to being a supremacist?
>>
>>5901885
>archery set has no Cupid, Hunter, Sparrow, or Darling
>tea party set has no Kitty, Lizzie, Bunny, or Alistair
Whoever is picking the characters for these lines is retarded.
>>
>>5902070
skelita with sugar skull themed guitar
>>
File: Sparrow_Hood.png (195KB, 340x478px) Image search: [Google]
Sparrow_Hood.png
195KB, 340x478px
>>5902084
The one chance to oh so easily get a Sparrow doll included why mattel
>>
>>5902088
>there will never be a Mariachi Skelita with guitar, guitarrón, violin, or trumpet
why live
>>
>>5902094
I guess not including him is better than Mattel releasing a half assed version like they did with Daring.
>>
>>5902084
Ehhh, I wouldn't peg Darling as an archer
>>
>>5902143
Sporty gal like her makes more sense than any of the characters Mattel chose.
>>
>>5901885
>No Cerise

Awful. Simply awful.
>>
>>5901885
I want to complain on the lack of Cedar but she got a fancy exclusive doll so I cant really say anything
>>
What do you guys think of G2 Monster High so far ?
>>
>>5902269
Everything is mostly fine, though I do wish the fashions and color choices were handled better, and the unarticulated arms as a common occurrence is really getting annoying
>>
File: tumblr_od80jnLYKx1rosg0bo3_1280.jpg (264KB, 601x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od80jnLYKx1rosg0bo3_1280.jpg
264KB, 601x1920px
Tea Party Darling
>>
>>5902293
>Changing Darling's face mold, one of the prettiest EAH faces
Why Mattel? The faces were fine as is.
>>
>>5902293
I hate how her hat doesn't match why do you do this mattel.
>>
File: 81+FQOxm62L._SL1500_.jpg (109KB, 638x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81+FQOxm62L._SL1500_.jpg
109KB, 638x1500px
Ballet Raven
>>
>>5902300
Because :) everyone :) has :) to :) smile:) now :)
>>
File: 71QB64r08pL._SL1500_.jpg (74KB, 454x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71QB64r08pL._SL1500_.jpg
74KB, 454x1500px
Ballet Ashlynn
>>
>>5902293
>the big smile
>butchering her with a budget doll
NOOOOOO
>>
>>5899675
>really wanted these
>like the glass eyes
>hair on all of them looks terrible
>only Mey looks decent
>>
>>5902347
I got the one with the lavender hair at a goodwill a while ago, the hair was a goddamn nightmare untangling from those braids, her hair is still pretty awful, trying to figure out how to go about fixing the frizzy mess
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 449x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 449x1500px
>>
File: lh_pinocc3.jpg (63KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
lh_pinocc3.jpg
63KB, 667x800px
>>5897645
Yeah, for the EAH line Cedar is the only one I really liked because her big oval head does fit her back story.
>>
File: BillandFrank.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
BillandFrank.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>5902084
>Whoever is picking the characters for these lines is retarded.
Well, these guys needed work after Hasbro let them go.
>>
>>5901754
Um, anon, both Powerful Princess Tribe and Archery lines are articulated, so they are most likely not budget lines. Especially Princess Tribe, they even have accessories and outfit gimmick. Tea Party, with the molded tops and no articulation are probably the only budget ones.
>>
>>5902362
>Molded on shirt
>No articulation
>Paper skirt
>>5902313
>>5902317
>Molded on tights
>Molded on shoes
>Molded on top
>cheap plain skirt
>No articulation

I feel sick..
>>
File: latest-2.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>>5902070
>>5902113
Hell, who are you kidding, no Johnny Spirit
>>
>>5902313
>>5902317
Ballet <anything> is usually an instaboner, but holy shit those look terrible.
>>
>>5902601
Powerful Princess Tribe was confirmed to be a budget line a long time ago. Archery is probably less of a budget line but it's definitely dulled down. These days, budget is code for "mainly for little girls".
>>
>>5902082

Stop trying to justify shitty takes on foreign culture with fancy schmancy motherhood statements.

If Mattel can arrange for a true blue hispanic designer to bring authentic designs to Skelita, they can afford the other international dolls a similar courtesy.
>>
Birthday Ball is confirmed to be the last decent line of EAH dolls we'll probably ever get.
>>
>>5902758
You're probably one of the people who thought that Kiyomi's dress was a fucking weebfest.
>>
>>5902758
They didn't "get" a hispanic designer. That hispanic designer was already working at Mattel. Jesus, just fuck off already.
>>
File: funkolist.jpg (227KB, 1242x1242px) Image search: [Google]
funkolist.jpg
227KB, 1242x1242px
Apparently Funko are producing Monster High POPs figures next year.
>>
>>5903184
I don't know how to feel about this
>>
>>5903202
>one shit franchise is shitting into the mouth of another shit franchise who will subsequently shit out more shitty products into the eager mouths of shitheads
anything but surprised I would imagine
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (228KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
228KB, 2656x1494px
>>5903184
But why? Monster High has it's own line of vinyl figures and mini figures. Completely unecessary.
>>
>>5903184
>>
>>5902614
looks like
>>5902362
has molded on shoes too
>>
>>5901562
Okay I like that face up on Cleo. She looks like herself fierce. Now if they fix Clawdeen...
>>
>>5903247
They're probably going to stop the vinyls now that they have the minis
>>
>>5902770

Naw, Kiyomi's dress is just a fucking disaster of meh.

>>5902913

And she did it with a strong understanding of her heritage while modernising it for the doll and the MH theme. Beautiful.

Left to your racist ass you'd probably make her the daughter of Speedy Gonzales and give her a huge sombrero with cactus motifs. And Taco bowl accessories.

Chingate puto
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Bored and went to Kmart, I don't remember hearing anything about these two
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2316x3086px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2316x3086px
>>5903623
>>
File: tumblr_od97beYmQV1u19omeo3_1280.jpg (62KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od97beYmQV1u19omeo3_1280.jpg
62KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: tumblr_od97beYmQV1u19omeo2_1280.jpg (69KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od97beYmQV1u19omeo2_1280.jpg
69KB, 1200x1200px
>>5903651
>>
File: tumblr_od97beYmQV1u19omeo1_1280.jpg (71KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od97beYmQV1u19omeo1_1280.jpg
71KB, 1200x1200px
>>5903654
>>
>>5903184
If they release an Abbey and it's decent in design I'll probably get it, because she's my fav and I'm weak
>>
>>5903623
>>5903630
Ugh. The sunglasses are from Gloom Beach, their headbands are from 13 Wishes, Frankie's necklace uses her 13 Wishes ear rings mold, Frankie's folder is taken from the Invisi Billy doll, Draculaura's shoes are from her music festival doll and Frankie's shoes are from a line which I have forgotten the name.

Fucking lazy.
>>
File: 1473116986223.jpg (47KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473116986223.jpg
47KB, 640x427px
>>5903184
***FAST TRACK*** = we must milk these dying franchises ASAP, because every day of shipping delay is one less day they will sell.
>>
>>5903651
I wish Lagoona's arm fins were made of clear plastic and that she had her webbed hands. She's really cute otherwise.
>>
>>5901885
Didn't we already have a tea party set
>>
>>5904073
Those are webbed hands.
>>
>>5904085
Huh. Upon closer inspection, you're right. I'd rather her old hands with the contrasting webbing then.
>>
>>5903860
They're not so bad if you're looking to snag a few accessories, they're pretty much all accessories. They were 15 dollars each, which isn't the worst I suppose, but it's still with molded on tops and unarticulated limbs
>>
>>5904219
Day Look: As seen in the pic
Night Look: Remove the sunglasses and change the shoes

Really Mattel? I think it's kinda stupid.
>>
>>5903585
>all the subtle hints at japanese culture in kiyomi's outfit
>a fucking disaster
Feel free to show yourself out
>>
>>5904080
The Hattastic Tea Party line, yeah.
>>
It's been a while since I've checked up on Monster High. I'm surprised they're now doing dolls of monsters kids wouldn't recognize.
Like the Ceryneian Hind. Even I didn't know what that was.

What monsters have they not made characters out of yet? I'm still hoping for an Oni or Jiangshi.
>>
File: tumblr_ntvp4yOvpB1udszego1_500.png (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntvp4yOvpB1udszego1_500.png
43KB, 500x500px
>>5905882
I'd love a cryptid monster, say a Flatwoods monster or Mothman.
>>
>>5905882
Still holding out on a Yuki-onna character.
>>
>>5905882
Would love a Wendigo or a Jersey Devil themed character, but doubt it about them ever doing either
>>
>>5905991
Sadly Luna is the daughter of the Mothman
>>
>>5906069
Wait are you fucking serious? I thought she was just some random moth/butterfly. What a waste of a monster.
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 640x904px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 640x904px
>>5906082
Yuuup, it threw me off to what with her having monarch butterfly wings, but sadly yes her profile confirms it
>>
>>5906092
I found her also so disappointing. I mean, they could have pick the fluffy scarf motiff, feathers on the head instead antennae and use the wings as long sleeves or some kind of cape, go for an elegant stylish look.

Pic vaguely related.

But no, they had to half ass some generic butterfly design, trying to appeal to the fairy fans crowd, which I seriously doubt would be thrilled by having this character on the MH universe. A fairy character would fit in the EAH universe, why did they have to shove it into the MH universe?
>>
File: tumblr_mnjilxkBa11sphiqpo1_1280.jpg (277KB, 813x1205px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnjilxkBa11sphiqpo1_1280.jpg
277KB, 813x1205px
>>5906268
I'd actually love to see some bad/evil faerie designs for MH. There's a lot of lore to choose from, so something a bit darker than a pretty butterfly dame would be awesome.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>5906456
Why continue, the franchise is dead.
>>
>>5906627
It's nice to have people to complain about the new dolls with
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1104x1472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1104x1472px
>>5906268
There's a lot of her I wish they did different, but I especially hate her wings, I wish they went with more of a similar style as the Mothman statue has
>>
File: 1-Monster-High077.jpg (207KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1-Monster-High077.jpg
207KB, 960x1280px
aside from Mousedes, the cats and blue fish one which other Monster High have tails?
no werewolf with tail?
>>
>>5906721
Can only think of Jinafire
>>
>>5906721
Are you thinking of Lorna?
>>
>>5906731
what monster is supposed this thing to be?
>>
>>5906782
She's supposed to be a Chinese Dragon
>>
File: spademousedesking.jpg (46KB, 233x163px) Image search: [Google]
spademousedesking.jpg
46KB, 233x163px
>>5906738
yes, the Lorna, Mousedes And cats seems to be the only ones with tail

Mousedes... maybe the cutest Monster High we will ever have, I like to think she is something like a Little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ls5K0bSfj0
>>
>>5906268
That's exactly how I was imagining a mothman student. At least Bonita had those cute moth antennae/ears. It's like they didn't know what a moth looked like with Luna.
>>
>>5906804
She had fuzzy legs too.
Shame she had the whole hybrid gimmick; she would've been great as a straight moth monster.
>>
>>5906721
The tails are a pain in the ass. They just keep falling off.
>>
File: gbdvfdf.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gbdvfdf.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>>5906975
I know, I know but I love the more strange/monster looking dolls
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1944x3135px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1944x3135px
Golly gee, I spotted a monster high reboot doll at rite aid today
>>
>>5907368
This hastily thrown together Barbie is better quality than all the recent MH and EAH releases combined. Comes with jewellery and accessories like the broom and hat and has NO molded on clothing.

This actually looks tempting.
>>
>>5907409
The broom is sadly only cardboard
>>
>>5907368
I remember when these were 10 bucks and had more detail than a cheep looking dress. Though still better than nuMH and current EAH dolls.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (86KB, 337x400px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
86KB, 337x400px
>>5907368

Meh, there's always a Halloween Barbie every year. Usually a Target exclusive, usually a witch or catgirl costume theme.
>>
>>5907918

Best Halloween Babs was the 2004 version, which wasn't a damn witch or cat. Also had a more alluring face-up compared to the standard Babs dolls.
>>
>>5907368
That's a cute Barbie.
>>
This thread is now starting to decay and only has a few hours left so here's the new thread: >>5908594
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.