[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biog/ - Bionicle and CCBS General: When Lego Cared Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 674
Thread images: 124

File: 1471814698753.jpg (40KB, 450x344px) Image search: [Google]
1471814698753.jpg
40KB, 450x344px
>G1 Story Material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsoT-fPe0LU&index=1&list=PLhu2VtAo89tdVuLXHS5tJUJNp3xgmWLKn

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/

Mask of Control is out on iOS and Android and just got updated. Still can't get it? Go here:
https://apkpure.com/lego%C2%AE-bionicle%C2%AE-2/com.lego.bionicle.maskofcontrol

Makuta Building Contest: http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/lego-bionicle-contest

Old thread: >>5859010
>>
>gf is ok with toy hobby but she playfully antagonizes me about it sometimes
>be at target with her last week, of course looking for clearance G2 stuff
>"where are all the damn bionicles"
>"no one gives a shit about bionicles anon"

she's right boys
>>
File: 1471745461492.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1471745461492.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
To the anon that shared this image or anyone who's built ultimate makuta, what's the weight (or parts too) ratio of Makuta to leftover parts?
>>
>>5869947
>tfw gf enjoys your kid hobby as well and likes to build bionicles too
>>
>>5869958
you could build at least 2 and 1/2 decent figures with the parts left over.
>>
>>5869959
>I'm never meeting a girl whom I can share my hobby with
why live
>>
>>5869981

Not with that attitude you're not
>>
>>5869977
Is that like Lego Decent, basic MOC decent, or awesome decent?
>>
>>5869983
Sorry, sometimes my loneliness acts up.
>>
>>5869984
depends on your level of creativity.
you can still get some good usage out of the parts.
>>
>>5869987

It's okay anon, everything works out eventually. Be patient my friend.
>>
If i was to go out and get the MOUP, what material would you all suggest, and how would I go about making it black?
>>
>>5869958
I found these on the TTV thread if anyone wants to see the parts laid out.

They should be accurate according to the poster.
>>
>>5870015
>>5870015
The captcha will be the death of me.
>>
>>5870021
>>
>>5870023
>>
>>5870024
>>
>>5870027
>>
>>5870028
Last one.
>>
>>5870029
That'll be a great help, thanks so much anon!
>>
File: 1462652974589.webm (866KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1462652974589.webm
866KB, 720x404px
>Find Phantoka Takanuva Instructions manual one day
>Hey, I wonder if I could rebuild you
>Realise I might have to take apart a MOC for the pieces
>Well then I'll just make a different Takanuva!
>Phantoka Takanuva's mask is so big it can only be used on a Titan-sized MOC
>>
>>5870021
>2 Trans-Neon Orange 5L bones
Wait, then how did they attach the rear skirt? I thought the gold foot clipped on the mid-ball, with the Ikir head clipping on the end? A black one, or did one of us fuck up the build?
>>
>tfw your bionicle package doesnt come even though it shouldve arrived
>>
If you buy the remote controls and motors for the manas from two different bricklink sellers, will they work together?
>>
>>5870085
I'm fairly sure that they do. Both of them have two or three different frequences.

You could control both Manas with one remote if you just set the frequences right.
>>
>>5870085
They'll work. I had to replace a body a few years ago and the frequencies still match.
>>
File: Gelu.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gelu.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>G2 cancelled
>looking up older bonkles i missed out on (i stopped following after pirakas)
>ended up ordering Gelu from amazon because he looks cool as hell
>he arrived today and is in pretty good condition
>but he smells really weird

anyone else had this? got any tips on getting rid of it or replacing the smell with something?
it's not awful or rancid or anything but whenever i get close to him the smell is slightly off putting
>>
>>5870155
>from amazon
How much did you pay?

Because you really shouldn't order out of print Lego from Amazon because 99% of the sellers charge ridiculous amounts for it.
>>
>>5870159
it was only like 15 dollars
>>
>>5870164
Eh, still more expensive than on Bricklink.
>>
>>5870167
Oh woops, i'll admit it's my first time actually ordering anything online
>>
>>5870041
not only that, it's ugly as fuck
>>
Does Nocturne have any sockets or shit that breaks easy? I never got him when I was younger but I kind of don't want to bother if hes gonna break
>>
>>5870197
It's the gunmetal colour. There's not a lot of pieces that are that colour so you end up with a mask that doesn't fit with the rest of the body
And it's really fucking big. Seriously
>>
>>5870199
Nah, he is safe from breaking as best as I know.
>>
>>5870199
His lime parts are balls, not sockets, so they're more durable. He's got a lot of transparent joints, though, but I don't think mine has any breaks. At least it's not those shitty '08-style joints.
>>
>>5870155

This post has me curious, how many of you guys actually phased out of bionicle at some point, and why? When did you pick it back up?
>>
>>5870275
I personally followed it as best as I could. I still need to get most of the fucking vehicle sets and the bigger Rahi sets from the first year.
>>
>>5870275
Glatoran, since I was too poor and found it dumb, got all the stars though, for better or worse. Mostly worse
>>
>>5869937
Here's the Discord https://discord.gg/PefNWRJ
Here's the Skype https://join.skype.com/Rh9huSCJcg5H

Pick your poison, idk why they aren't in the OP yet.
>>
>>5870275

Phased out just out of disinterest after I got a couple Mahri sets. Go back into it by complete accident with Glatorian.

>be in Walmart in July 2009, know absolutely nothing about bonkle lore after 2007
>see Glatorian, what the hell are these guys
>see Mata Nui and say to myself "oh so he was a gladiator before he was a robot god, cool" (thought it might've been prequel stuff idk I didn't know what was happening)
>Vastus catches my eye and I just fell in love

Apparently he's not a crowd favorite because of hordika legs but I love him so
>>
>>5870275
Roughly started phasing it out during the Glatorian arc. I don't even know what the whole All Star arc was. I thought it was just LEGO's quick cash grab since Bionicle was announced that it was cancelled at that time. Little did I know it was actually a part of the story
Never paid attention to G2. At all
>>
>>5870275
I phased out vaguely in the beginning of 03; Kal bored me, and I didn't feel like the collectible hunt. Aside from that, nope, all the way.
>>
>>5870275
Started in 2005 with the Toa Hagah (because they're awful), but I really lost interest with the Inika (because they were also awful). Pretty much only bought titans from 05-07 and not a single set after that until the Stars.
>>
>>5870275
Was active with Bionicle from 2001-2005. Phased out of it after seeing the hordika and such and didn't have any interest in the story as much with metru nui. Metru nui just didn't have the mystery for me as much as the mata nui saga did. I don't have anything against the later years of bionicle, it just wasn't interesting for me.

I picked Bionicle back up with the leaked info of G2 and seeing the designs being a nod to the toa mata.
>>
So what is the better material for JTO Makuta shapeways mask?
Black Strong & Flexible or Black Acrylic?
>>
File: angry.png (31KB, 134x164px) Image search: [Google]
angry.png
31KB, 134x164px
>Check mail while waiting for shipment
>Card from post office
>Parcel
>Came during time that you were home and could have heard the doorbell ring.
>>
>>5870325
Had that happen to me a few times, it's quite annoying.
>>
>My sister brings nephew over when she visits one day
>Nephew sees my mocs while here
>Immediately interested and wants one
>Give him some simple leftover parts moc I have lying around
>He absolutely loves it
>Recently helped him build his first sets, Akida and Skull Slicer
>He loves them
>"Do you ever like to, uhm... Get like, two of the same guy, and then make a big guy out of them?"
>Explain what mocing is
>That amazed shine in his eyes when he realizes that I made all of my mocs without instructions
>Get a second Akida and a Terak and put them up to give him when Christmas rolls around
>G2 is cancelled

I... I don't think I have the heart to tell him, /biog/
>>
>>5870322
Black Acrylic will be smoother, I think. But it's a fairly new process, so there's probably a better chance for imperfection. I've never ordered the material myself though.
>>
I think I found a voodoo head
>>
>>5870328
Don't. If he asks when there will be more sets coming out, just tell him they're not making them anymore, but that he can still make his own creations and tell his own stories.
>>
>>5870332
You're a little late for the mask finding contest there, buddy.
>>
>>5870327
Worst part is that I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up.

>>5870328
Just stock pile a few bigger sets now for him and then get him ccbs from other themes. The bigger variety of themed pieces means he'll have more fun trying out different combinations.
>>
>>5870336
At least it's safe at the post office for x time (a week in my country)
>>
>>5870275
I was there since 2001 but I wasn't that into the line until the first movie came out, so much of 2002 and the Kal saga was a blind spot for me.

Then in 2005, I almost dropped out because I had no idea what the story was. Weirdly enough, it may have been BZP that helped me through, because that was when I discovered it and reading discussions kept me around.

I gave up on G2 at the beginning of this year.
>>
>>5870307

I seem to be the only one that loved the Inika. Masks were weird, builds were too samey, but I just loved the size of the sets and the story behind them and zamor launches actually had a punch to them.

Also MOVE ALONG MOVE ALONG
>>
>>5870380
I'm sure my brother didn't appreciate the fact the launchers were stronger :^)
>>
>>5870275
around glaitorian I stopped caring because of the inika build
>>
>>5870380
I personally loved the Inika. Sure, they basically caused all sets from then on to have the same chest build, but the whole Voya Nui/Mahri Nui arc was one of the best arcs in the series
Plus it had a great game
Sucks that it was the one arc I didn't get a lot of sets from. I only got Jaller and two Pirahka out of that line.
>>
File: Makuta.jpg (487KB, 941x1675px) Image search: [Google]
Makuta.jpg
487KB, 941x1675px
>>5870047
You use a black one my boy
>>
>>5870380
Speaking of MOVE ALONG MOVE ALONG, what's /biog/'s favourite Biocicle song?
>>
>>5870423
Hero.
>>
>>5870275
Started from the beginning, dropped in early 2004. Back then at the ripe old age of 10, I hadn't followed much of the lore and just loved the sets, so when suddenly the Toa were replaced by the Toa Metru, I had no idea who they were and my reaction was "what fresh bullshit is this? Where's Tahu? Where's Gali? Where are the other ones who I care about less because red and blue are the best? Vakawhothefuckareyou? What kind of weapon is a disk shooter? Do they all have this instead of a real weapon? Lame."

A year later I saw the Visorak on shelves and was like "Spiders? I'll pick this one up but the toa are fighting spiders? What happened to the bohrok and the wah wah wah. I only got 2 sets in 2004 and 2005, being Vakama and one of the Visorak.

Then in 2006 I saw more of them in stores and my reaction was roughly "Woah, what the fuck is up with these toa? The Toa Piraka? They've got kickass teeth and their weapons and wait what the fuck is an Inika? Vezon and Fen... Good god, titans are cool as hell!" Then stuck with it from there all the way through to now.
>>
>>5870423
piraka rap
>>
>>5870423
bye bye babylon
>>
>>5870423
Cryoshell's Creeping in my soul.
>>
File: Misery.jpg (32KB, 360x271px) Image search: [Google]
Misery.jpg
32KB, 360x271px
>>5870429
>Where are the other ones who I care about less because red and blue are the best?
>Tfw this was also my mentality except it was Red, Black, and Green
Ah, I was so young. All those sets I passed up because I went Favourite Colour > Everything
All those god damn sets I passed up because I was a god damn idiot and picked favourite colour over fucking everything
>>
>>5870275
I held off on the Hordika because I didn't care for the build and thought spiders were a dumb enemy. (Ironically I really love the 2005 story now)

Then these weird "Toa Piraka" show up and I grabbed Hakann out of interest but thought they were weirdly edgy. Was real excited about the matoran becoming toa, but I got Jaller and the organic masks were one weird design choice too many over the past two years.

Got back with the reboot and discovered how much I'd missed out on. My bank account hasn't been the same since.
>>
Wow. Polished gold steel doesn't look half bad.
>>
>>5870490
Obviously shinier, but I think fairly close in shade to Lego's current gold color.
>>
>>5870490
>>5870491

I agree!
Did you happen to buy it in any other materials that you could take a picture of?
>>
>>5870494
I didn't take these pictures, they were just posted to TTV a few hours ago.
>>
>>5870491
>that silver that's been revealed underneath through polishing the piece

Yeah, matte gold is definitely the better option, I think.
>>
>>5870490
>>5870491
Very nice. Do I want to know how much it was?
>>
>>5870466
Actually, back then, Green was my favorite color. I just had first set bias thanks to Gali and I always thought Tahu was the coolest because "I'm seven/eight years old and fire is the coolest shit". But hell if I didn't miss out on some awesome sets because of other childhood biases.

>A bull and a tiger? Where are my god damned monsters/dinosaurs? A crab? A bird? The fuck?
>Four legs? No legs? Wheels? Where the fuck are my bipedal humanoids?
>Who the fuck likes the brown one? He kicks things? What a stupid function
I highly regret it that last one. Fuck that little shit that I used to be and his shitty taste
>>
>>5870275
Once i saw how retarded the piraka were i never bought a set
>>
>>5870027
>>5870028
Is there enough left over to rebuild Ekimu? It would be neat to have the swole Makuta face off against the smallest version of his brother.

(Obviously he can't have his shield.)
>>
>>5870624
Almost, only two ball joints are missing for the gearbox
>>
>>5870380
It's mostly the masks that make me hate them. The builds are fine, they're not my favorite ever, but they're not Av-Matoran tier either. The masks were just so creepy and they looked completely out of place. I kept wondering how we had fallen so far from the previous Toa.
>>
>>5870328
You don't have to. If he enjoys the sets more than the story, you should do fine occasionally gifting him other G2 sets until the next original CCBs line rolls around.

Or give him Star Wars sets to transition him into the lone survivor in the current world of Lego Constraction.
>>
>>5870624
You need a couple parts, mostly just the technic balls.
>>
>>5870466
At least sticking to a color means that you have a healthy supply of parts to use. Your color schemes will be repetitive, but you can't beat that part variety.
>>
>>5870632
Need I remind you the previous Toa were the Hordika? What are you smoking, sir?
>>
>>5870275
I was really die-hard into Bionicle from mid-2001 to sometime in 2005. I was transitioning into Transformers around then, and the clone sets were doing less and less for me compared to getting a unique transforming robot. The loss of proper accessory packs also killed some of my interest, since that was a real highlight of my childhood.

What I used to justify it, though, was 2006.
>the tribal fantasy world I grew up with was now about ghetto gangstas with guns
>Axonn and Brutaka had lazy names, which I took as a sign of things to come
>the Toa Nuva being written out after anxiously awaiting a return after two years
>those ugly fucking Inika masks and plate-heads on Jaller & Co.

I'm over most of that now, and in retrospect I'm really glad I got off BZPower when I did. I didn't come back until I stumbled across Stars Tahu and Takanuva at Toys R Us in winter 2009, which was probably the best time to come back to the series since I got the ending as it happened without sitting through the Phantoka/Mistika/Glatorian low points. Of course the ending was literally a dropped rock, so meh.
>>
>>5870675
>>the tribal fantasy world I grew up with was now about ghetto gangstas with guns
>>the Toa Nuva being written out after anxiously awaiting a return after two years
Neither of those things were true at all. Did you even read any of the story material, or did you just pay attention to the terrible marketing?
>>
>>5870683
The terrible marketing made me not want to bother with the story, since that's what 13-year-old me assumed it was like. Since I wasn't bothering with the story at that point, I didn't think the Nuva were doing anything after I heard they got their asses kicked and later chained up.

Like I said, those weren't the actual reasons I fell away from Bionicle, but those were what I used to justify it back then.
>>
>mfw my toysRus discount box is coming a few days early.

Soon makuta will be mine.
>>
>>5870828
do you really deserve makuta, anon?
>>
>>5870841
W-What do you mean.
>>
Someone please tell cyberhand on TTV to keep the steel option up. I'd be putting the mask on a pedestal and I'd but be using a technic connection but I REALLY want it in gold steel. Just tell him to put a warning in the product description.
>>
>>5870674
I was more so referring to the Mata, Nuva and Metru Toa. But yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the Hordika either, but to me, they at least looked like they belonged in universe. The Inika did not.
>>
>>5870207
>tfw you have all of Takanuva's form's masks and can see the evolution of their designs.
>>
>>5870970
There's three, right? Excluding Makuta's there's the OG, Phantoka's, and All Star's?
Isn't All Star's just a recolour of OG?
>>
>>5870970
> all forms

Weren't there just two? Or are you including Stars?
>>
>>5870974
It is, a slightly different shade of silver.
>>
>>5870984
But
But the OG one is gold
>>
>>5870986
But it's not really a third step in terms of evolution of design; since it's the first design recycled.
>>
>>5870986
I know, the colors changed from gold-white to silver white for some reason.
>>
>>5870989
Then really the All Star mask doesn't count in terms of evolution considering it's a recolour
Kind of blows if you didn't get the OG Takanuva. Kind of like the Ignika since it also came in gold and silver
>>
>>5870994
My guess is they wanted Tahu's gold armor to be special during Stars, but by giving Takanuva two gold Nuva shoulders and a gold mask it would defeat the purpose of "Build the golden Toa" since you could just buy the already entirely gold one.
>>
>>5871011
They also probably wanted to just stick to the "hey look at all these colors it's just like when you got those other sets of 6 guys right because they're all the different 6 colors"
>>
>>5870275
I phased out of Bionicle in mid 2009 because my parents got divorced and made me unhappy forever hahaha

I remember my mum coming home with Blue, White and Green from the summer wave as an effort to cheer me up but it didn't work lmao

Shame that I missed out on the Golden Ignika though.
>>
>>5870490
>>5870491
Any idea which version this one is?
>>
>>5871034
I'm pretty sure that was an old version of the Cyber Hand, since I remember some anon saying that he bought a gold steel version of one of those when it first was up for sale and slightly regretting it.
>>
File: 2.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
What are /biog/'s thought on this comfy Barraki abode?
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>5871041
>>
>>5871041
Just ordered Carapar, what am I in for?
>>
>>5871042
those are the eyes of a broken warlord
>>
>>5871045
modded mine so he's got two BIG MEATY CLAWS rather than one. I really like Carapar, but Takadox is just too good. Carpar definitely has the coolest armor though, since it looks a lot like horseshoe crab exoskeleton(I live in New York so I see them a lot). 7/10 set, 7.5 with modding
>>
>>5871045
Crabs
>>
>>5871050
>>5871052
Might get a 2nd claw, guys on the Discord also reccomended it. His design is too fucking solid.
>>
>>5870994
In-story it was because Takanuva could use his light powers to change his own appearance. I'm sure the single Toa of Light was somehow a threat to Makuta during the Reign of Shadows, so Takanuva hid himself in a color scheme slightly more subtle than gleaming gold, I guess.
>>
>>5871073
Much prefer the white and gunmetal myself, shame there's so few pics that give Titan Takanuva justice.
>>
>>5871073
>Chronicler
>To Toa of Light
>To Big McLarge Huge
>To having to disguise himself
Takanuva had a decorated career
>>
>>5870275
I lost interest at the start of metru nui because I was a dumb 11 year old. Now I know thats when the story started getting interesting.
>>
Takadox, Ehlek and Carapar are the best of the Barraki, in that order. Pridak is cool, Kalmah is okay, and Mantax is very very meh.
>>
>>5871036
Gold Steel is pretty heavy for a Bionicle figure, and Cyber-hand is considering taking the option to get one off of shapeways, and I don't blame him.
>>
Has anyone ordered a black acrylic MoUP yet? I wanna know how that turns out.
>>
>>5871119
How does shapeways work like that? Does he get paid less money for having more options or something?
>>5871124
I want to see how it compares to strong and flexible black. I'm probably going to get the latter since I'm too poor to afford any of the metal ones but if the quality/lego look is significantly better on acrylic I might try that.
>>
>>5871042
I want to see someone put barraki in an aquarium
>>
>>5871126
>How does shapeways work like that?
It doesn't. He just personally doesn't want anyone to damage their Bionicle heads because the mask is too tight on the metal prints.
>>
File: 26645634541_897c40d192_c.jpg (151KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
26645634541_897c40d192_c.jpg
151KB, 800x500px
>>5871126
Here are some minifigure hats printed in the material. You be the judge.

Seems to work best on REALLY small shit, which is why I'd like to see how well it works for something larger like the Titan Scale MoUP first. I don't want to order it if it turns out to be a mess.
>>
>>5871143
Oh that's pretty kind of him then. Maybe he can try making a metal friendly model?
>>5871146
I think the texture actually looks way better than the flexible black, I hope someone buys it so we can compare.
>>
File: 20160430_shapeways_acrylate-001.jpg (273KB, 1416x858px) Image search: [Google]
20160430_shapeways_acrylate-001.jpg
273KB, 1416x858px
>>5871148
Here are a couple other, larger, more detailed things in the material.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-08-22-18-16.png (636KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-08-22-18-16.png
636KB, 1024x576px
>>5871149
It really seems to vary. Could be the diverse lighting situations though.
>>
>>5871148
I'm hoping there is a comparison too. It's so hard holding off on the mask just waiting for others to buy it first.
>>
>>5871157
I'm justifying it by the knowledge that they will be available forever and even if I waited 5 years for it would probably be able to get the same mask.
>>
>>5870414
this is the first picture I've seen that makes him actually look impressive
>>
>>5871041
I'd watch the barakki homeless adventures show

>THEY DON'T SERVE SQUID AT MCDONALDS CARAPAR FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>"MY DUTY IS TO THE MASK OF SHADOWS."

What did Makuta mean by this?
>>
>>5871045
A pile of desintegrated pieces
>>
>>5871229
No, that would be Ehlek, Hahli or Lesovikk.

I don't think I had single joint from Carapar crack.
>>
>>5871211
Carapar is dead, anon
>>
>>5871117
if it weren't for the tragic lime pieces Ehlek would be amazing
>>
File: Bio44444.jpg (76KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bio44444.jpg
76KB, 300x300px
who was the best?

IMO Takadox
>>
>>5871117
Takadox and Ehlek were literally a liftarm. Carapar and Kalmah were Piraka-build. Pridak was a mess. Mantax was good.
>>
>>5871311
takadox
>>
>>5871311
I really like Pridak. The shark details really stand out and create a uniform appearance. Mantax is my second choice.
>>
>>5871311
Ehlek is my fav barraki. The color and design was appealing to kid me, along with his claw blades and his electric spines. Still have him front row of my collection shelf. Unfortunately, since him and hahli share Lego osteo perosis from the cursed lime parts, I've been having to replace their pieces :'(
>>
>>5871225
Autism
>>
>>5871148
I doubt he'd bother making a metal friendly model but I'd assume all that'd have to be done is increase the Titan mask's size by micrometers and then decrease the size of the attachment points, again by micrometers.

But really though, if he doesn't bother, I wanted a steel MoUP for mask pedestal, and I doubt it'd get permanently fixed to some technic bits.
>>
>>5871230
>>5871250
>>
>>5871311
Kalmah.
>>
>>5871311
Nocturn.
>>
>>5871419
My man!
>>
Should I buy a spare Lava Beast so I can get the ribcage and beast jaw for Makooti?
>>
Guys can I download the Vakama mini CD's contents from somewhere? Or is there anything I could use to rip those files?
>>
>>5871491
Did you check >http://biomediaproject.com/ ?
>>
Who is best makuta, biog?
Mine is krika
>>
>>5871567
No one beats good ol teridax
>>
>>5871419
He was fantastic, could be the best titan from that year
>>
>>5871672
>could be the best titan from that year
With Maxilos and Hydraxon running around?
>>
File: 1471975042192-1403650540.jpg (630KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1471975042192-1403650540.jpg
630KB, 2048x1152px
Guess what's in the box, biog.
>>
>>5871699
plastic.
>>
>>5871699
LOSS, Ekimu and Kulta, Onua, Tahu, Ikir and Umaraks or any combination of them.
>>
File: 14719755866921003449113.jpg (718KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14719755866921003449113.jpg
718KB, 2048x1152px
>>5871708
You're no fun.
>>
>>5870275
I followed it from 2004 to 2010, but I also had a bunch of 2001-2003 materials as well.
Followed G2 as was thoroughly disappointed, but didn't give up until it was really cancelled.
Now Bionicle is really over, and it feels sad.
>>
>>5871041
>>5871042
Pretty damn comfy.
>>
>>5871380
I have good memories of Ehlek. My family was pretty poor, so when my dad actually got a good job, he saved up, and took us to Disney World for vacation (this was around 5th grade). We stopped at lego world and I bought both Ehlek and Dekar with my saved up birthday money. All his lime pieces are busted now and I'm pretty sure my dog shredded his spike things, but he was awesome while he lasted
>>
>>5871209
the magic of low angle shots and posing him so he doesn't look like a retard
>>
File: 1471977163751932753419.jpg (668KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1471977163751932753419.jpg
668KB, 2048x1152px
Had some leftover paint from when I did this a long time ago. Some of you might remember it.
But yeah, just painted over some of the outlines on the mask of creation. I'm happy with it.
>>
so are my bonkle pieces gonna get all loose and weak from just standing around all day?

Also I had a thought based on something someone said earlier. An algae covered barraki in someones aquarium would look sweet
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 433x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 433x372px
>>5871672
Hey buddy did you just blow in from stupid town or something?
>>
>>5871750
Ah, so that's why Kongu or Kongo or the green Inika's mask looked so off to me out of them all
>>
>>5871812
Not that guy but Nocturn was my favorite titan from 2007. Hydraxon just felt like a beefed up Toa and Maxilos was too gappy for my taste. I understand his build was super intricate and he even had torso articulation, but Nocturn was a pretty fun build himself. Not to mention his colors were super vibrant and his silhouette was the most unique of the three.
>>
>tfw made a wanted list on BL with Makuta-parts with the help of images from the earlier in the thread
>super paranoid that I made a mistake that I'll order wrong amount of parts or something thanks to it

At least my own BL store already has a good portion of the parts, so it's all good for now.

Now if only I could be bothered to actually remove them from there, but it's such a hassle that I'll do it later.
>>
>>5871812
You wanna name someone better and more unique?

Hydraxon was pretty much a standard set but bigger
Maxilos and spinax were very cool, so i'll give them that, but neither had 4 fucking arms.
Lesovik was a toa set with a vehicle
Gadunka was a fucking mess
Kazharnia was a really big set with 2 matoran and that trap thing, so it cant really be compared to one figure. besides, he was really weird looking and I'm sure everyone would have preferred his non mutant form.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>5871672
That's silly.
Hydraxon is the most solid titan after Brutaka.
>>
>>5871225
I always interpreted it as meaning his duty is to the Brotherhood of Makuta's goals; the Mask of Shadows is their emblem (the acting leader gets to wear it). Of course even that is a lie given he betrayed them all in the end, but he had to keep the act up so they'd serve his own schemes
>>
FACT: G2 should've been a one year run, collectors oriented line and nothing more.
>>
>>5871855
so they made it a 2 year collectors oriented line instead?
>>
>>5871855
>To send G2 out with a bang they start re-selling older G1 sets
>It's for a limited time and they only have a select amount in stock
>They're all sold for their original prices
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 640x960px
>>5871836
>hydraxon standard
>muh nocturn had 4 arms
>the rest had 2 arms
>every bionicle needs 4 arms
Could you possibly be any more autistic?
>>
>>5871738
THIS JUST IN: Most people fucking suck and posing their Bionicle sets.

...Or really just action figures in general honestly.
>>
File: 1470787709284.jpg (219KB, 717x446px) Image search: [Google]
1470787709284.jpg
219KB, 717x446px
>>5871866
>collectors oriented
>gen2

kek
>>
>>5871843
>muh beefy Toa with a cool claw
>better than Axxon, Titan Takanuva, Kardas, Sidorak, Toa Mata Nui

Not even fucking close lmao.
>>
>>5871896
But the worst offenders are somehow the people who design the boxes, holy shit. Why didn't they just hire some Japanese moccer to do that for them?
>>
>>5871888
>not reading 80% of the post
>calling people autistic on fucking /toy/
>posting a reddit tier cat pic

Just end it all m8
>>
>>5871888
>>5871826
Not him, but yeah, being a standard humanoid made Hydraxon pretty boring in the design department. Not to mention he was just black and silver.
>>
>>5871866

Yes, because G2 specifically catered to their early-mid 20s collector demographic.

More detailed reinditions of the Toa, homages to old villains, and a darker story. Hell, no story would've been acceptable to me in this case. If Lego would've been like "here are amped up versions of 2001 Toa as a final thank you and goodbye" just as a tribute type of thing I would've been cool with it. They should've made it SPECIFICALLY for older fans, because while it was clearly kid oriented, advertising was horrid. It may as well have been aimed at only us because we're the only ones who knew about it it seems.
>>
>>5871849
Wasn't the line a reference to his supposed original characterization (not truly evil just misguided, possibly corrupted by his mask) that was scrapped during the movie's production?
>>
>>5871908
How else was anybody but collectors supposed to know about it, when the didn't advertise anything?

G2 was mostly done for the sake of the sets, not the story, and mostly only fell onto the radar of those old enough to remember G1. That's sounds pretty collector oriented to me... intentionally or not.
>>
>>5871915
>Putting Toa Mata Nui on a list that is meant to represent quality.
Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>5871936
The sets weren't collectible enough. The CCBS system left all the Toa as clones, the mask molds weren't different enough, and all of the villains were boring as hell. It may have been intended as a collectors line, but it certainly didn't turn out like one.
>>
>>5871946
>The CCBS system left all the Toa as clones, the mask molds weren't different enough
Confirmed retardation. You can stop trying to force this special brand of autism on the rest of us now.
>>
>>5871915
>Not even putting based Brutaka on the list
>>
>>5871955
>Reusing shells from Hero Factory
>New pieces are gaudy and almost unusable on MOCs
>Out of box models look badly proportioned
>Dual injected masks screwing up the colors

If it wanted to be a collectors line, it would have been it's own thing, not Hero Factory with a loose Bionicle theme.

Hell, the skullytons only used 3 masks between 5 of them, and one of them was the cannon fodder villain from the tiny sets.

Stop pretending like this line was a collectors line. It was made without a clear intended target audience.
>>
>>5871936

They should've went full force collectors oriented if they were gonna half ass it like they did. Instead we got something that was clearly for kids but was generally only bought by older fans because the marketing was shit.

If it was marketed to us and for us, wholly and fully, it would've been much better. If they were going to market it to children, then they needed to advertise it as such. I cannot recall the first commercial since G2 came about of G2 itself. Netflix exclusive series that was 8 episodes long didn't help.

Bottom line is Lego didn't give a damn about either demographic for whatever reason.
>>
>>5871311
Mantax was my favorite and Ehlek was my brothers.
>>
>>5871311
Ehlek by far
>>
>>5871969
>Hero Factory with a loose Bionicle theme.
Jesus christ, it's been two years. When will this meme die?
>>
>>5871311
I liked Takadox a lot personally, the creepy glowy look was very accurate to deep sea life, behind that were Kalmah and Carapar at a tie.

Also did anyone ever have a misprinted instruction booklet? I had my Pridak with red eyes on the booklet cover for some reason.
>>
>>5871970
I could understand them not giving a damn about us if their main interactions with the community involve circlejerks like BZP
>>
>>5871979
As long as autism speaks.
>>
>>5871979
>Same shells
>Same torsos for wave 1
>4 new pieces (Head, Eyestalk, Masks, The piston add-on)
> Most things considered "new" were recolors or prints

When Bionicle was first launched, the Toa were mostly new pieces. When HF first launched, they pioneered CCBS. Hell, even the Star Wars CCBS sets had more new elements than Bionicle2.

Stop calling things you don't agree with memes.
>>
>>5871970
>Instead we got something that was clearly for kids but was generally only bought by older fans because the marketing was shit.
This is my entire point. Just because something ends up oriented one way, does not mean it was designed to be that way from the start.
>>
>>5871987
Yeah. Because it's the same fucking system. That's like saying,

>Bionicle in 2001 wasn't its own theme because it uses old specialized Technic parts! REEEEE!
or
>Ninjago isn't it's own theme because it uses fucking 2x4 Lego Bricks! REEEEEEEE!

You're a god damn idiot.
>>
>>5871958
The first guy was saying Hydraxon was second to Brutaka. The other guy was saying that there were a shitton on titans that were, while also below Brutaka, above Hydraxon. Learn to read.
>>
>>5871915
>Titan Takanuva
>Good
It's okay. Its mask is too damn big to be used on anything else though
>>
>>5871938
by size and parts he's better than hydraxon by far
>>
>tfw we will never relive the hype and wonder of summer 2014 again as the leaks began to surface

What did you with all the energy? I built a shit ton of MOCs
>>
>>5872000
thanks for doing this so I didn't have too
>>
File: IMG_2601.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2601.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
After staying up from 4am to 7:30am I finally got this fucker built.

He's big and sturdy, overall well designed and doesn't use a single extra piece IIRC.

My only issue is that I have no one to fight him on display as you need 2016 Tahu to build.
>>
>>5872022
I tried to fill up the lack of fauna with MOCs
>>
>>5872085
>doesn't use a single extra piece IIRC.
Nope. He requires a single extra ball joint that's not provided in the seven sets.
>>
Makuta looks SO much better without his non-canon trophy mask chain.
>>
>>5872105
agreed
He it wasn't on him in JTO either.
>>
>>5872105
I personally like it and have it on him.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2399x2709px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2399x2709px
>>5872085
Brother?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2215x3140px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2215x3140px
I took a few outdoor photos of my Makuta Contest entry outdoors with Ekimu to go along with my plain background photos. Do you guys think a picture like this would be considered too violent?
>>
File: IMG_2617.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2617.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>5872105
Unless you do it like this.

>>5872340
Spooky, here's the rest of the pics I took earlier today: http://imgur.com/a/XxGS2
>>
JTO instructions fix are a go.

http://imgur.com/a/hMMqY
>>
>>5871946

Aren't Toa in general kinda cloney? Toa seem to usually be similar in build. I dunno if you can introduce much variation with "must look like a good guy humanoid" and parts count constraints, CCBS or not.
>>
>>5871714
Kek

Not too hard since all the cool kids are getting them for Makooti.

Nice Jala, BTW
>>
>>5871824
All the Inika Masks looked extremely off.

They looked great on their own, but just didn't fit the rest of the series.
>>
tfw most of the sets to make makooti are sold out on LEGO shop now...
>>
>>5871946
They were less-so clones than Toa of the past, for the most part. CCBS offers more potential for variation, if anything.
>>
>>5872469
I think Lego's desire to not create so many molds restricts how unique CCBS can be, and it turn, amplifies how cloney the Toa end up. In theory, CCBS should be infinitely more customizable than what was used in G1 since all it would take is making a new mold and you could attach it anywhere you want. However, Lego sticks to using the same old shells in the same place, and the result is that you have painfully obvious clones. I appreciate that the Uniters attempted to be different, but look at the legs of the Uniters and especially the Masters. They're almost identical, even compared with Hero Factory. At least Lego added the Crystal armor shells to the Uniters to attempt to make them different.
>>
>>5871714
Welcome to the Makuta club, senpai. Make sure to check out the instruction fixes.
>>
>>5872375
Naw. It has nothing to do with which masks are chained. I just think it really throws his silhouette. It adds too much awkward bulk in his midsection and makes him feel less lean.
>>
>>5872526
They were supposed to look strange, though. That was their whole gimmick. They were abnormal, organic, LIVING masks. They were meant to be uncanny.
>>
>>5870959
Warning?
>>
File: 14720146972641355127335.jpg (679KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14720146972641355127335.jpg
679KB, 2048x1152px
>>5872553
Where can I find the fixes?

Also, had a good load of parts leftover. Slapped together something that I feel is worthy of a shelf spot. I'm just going to label it as "Servant of Makuta" and tweak it slightly if I need to.

It's just a nice little thing.
>>
>>5872674
>>5872423
>>
>loved lava beast build and poseability
>get storm and quake expecting similar awesomeness
>dissapointment ensues

I should have bought kopaka and melum instead
>>
>>5872746
You would've been even more disappointed. Get both Umarak's instead.
>>
Ehlek was god tier at the time. I was way into claws and less creative then...
>>
mouths don't move. that was uber disappointment for me. was expecting something similar to invasion from below
>>
>>5872800
New here? you have to click the post numbers to directly respond.
>>
>>5872800
The design of the mask and the jaw is fucking retarded and worst looks really ugly. Also the crystal motfi doesn''t work outside Quake Beast. Too many concepts thrown into one ending as a cluttered mess. That's what the beasts are.
>>
File: Salt.png (503KB, 599x810px) Image search: [Google]
Salt.png
503KB, 599x810px
>>5872839
>>
>>5872839
>>5872800
you can get the jaw working for lava beast if you scrap his hands and just leave his arms as wings, but the other two are without the ability to gain jaw movement from their own parts exclusively.
>>
>>5871980
Every Pridak-manual (and back of his canister too) had him with red eyes.

Carapar was also called Karapar in manual and some other promotional material too.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2446x3116px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2446x3116px
I have been busy with these the past few nights.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1791x3262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1791x3262px
>>5873027
I also made this based on a moc that has been posted on these threads a few times, adjusted for what parts I actually have and laziness. This is the first time I have made anything like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2015x3262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2015x3262px
>>5873030
And the back. It is fun trying to figure things out on your own instead of just following directions.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 169x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 169x320px
>>5873031
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Another Makuta fix, this stabilizes the feet and shoulders.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Also, anyone have a fix for the mask trophy chain so it isn't so tight? (Taking it off is not a valid answer)
>>
>>5872348
I'd make one with Ekimu simply kneeling on the background weakened in the style of the Lava and Storm beast' boxes just in case.
>>
anyone make a trans-blue palette swap for Makuta into some sort of jumbo-ekimu? I remember there being a purple one floating around
>>
File: 60896.png (43KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
60896.png
43KB, 192x192px
>>5872876
Let me tell how I've had done it.

Scrapped the crystal piece and used the mold to make a ccbs version of the av-matoran arm instead. Essentially an angled bone piece with addon ports and no extra balljoints and used that on the legs instead of the ugly technic mess that's filled with red axles.

For head I would had gone with more streamlined look that hides the jaw of the head underneath and made it so that the top of the mask is hollow enough so that you can snap the jaw by pushing the eyestalk but the mask doesn't pop off.

This whole configuration would use less parts so the remaining bits would had been used on fixing the other flaws of the sets.
>>
>>5870435
yo yo
>>
>>5870423
Creeping in my soul probably
>>
File: IMG_20160824_093842626~01.jpg (2MB, 3936x3733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160824_093842626~01.jpg
2MB, 3936x3733px
>>5872800
Just don't be a pussy and use some illegal connections
>>
>>5871311
Takadox>Ehlek>Mantax>Pridak>Carapar>Kalmah
>>
>>5873151
No fuck you and your peer pressure.
>>
File: IMG_20160824_095248.jpg (3MB, 3936x3941px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160824_095248.jpg
3MB, 3936x3941px
>>5873156
Oh just try it, it's not like you'll get addicted or anything
>>
>>5873132
I don't think they work of parts limit as much as they work on a mass limit, and I'm actually pretty fine with the crystal armor pieces as I like their look more than the stone armor add-ons from previous sets. I will say, though, that the beast masks really only look good on sets larger than the ones they're sold in, and due to the trans green on 2/3 of them, it's harder to build things with unique color schemes with them.
>>
>>5873073
Put more links on it
>>
>>5873166
Well there might not be enough plastic to fix the rest of the set but certainly that type of bone piece wouldn't use more plastic than the mess they already have.

Also I can't really see them using the crystal pieces on many system sets nor Star Wars constraction.

An angled bone for sure would had been used multiple times on more alien figs.
>>
>>5873073
You might've used too few chain links. I think I recall one of those unofficial building guides leaving a link out and connecting the masks on too low as a result.
>>
File: xenos.jpg (519KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
xenos.jpg
519KB, 1024x768px
The beasts needed to be xenos.
>>
>>5872797
I dont care for either umarak

Is kopaka really that bad? He has a cool mask and sword
>>
>>5873226
Good parts but he's as much a mess as Pohatu.
>>
My headcanon is that there was a queen beast Umarak originally was supposed to rape to create the beasts but it was scrapped due to bad sales.
>>
>Mask of ultimate power 3d model
so can i get a link to it? i heard that there was apparently 2 versions of it.
>>
>>5873292
also forgot to mention, these are the sets you need to make makuta correct?
>Tahu 2016
>Umarak the destroyer
>Skull grinder
>Onua (2016)
>Lord of Skull Spiders
>Ikir, creature of fire
>Umarak the hunter
It's those right?
>>
File: bonkle display 2016.jpg (369KB, 1138x772px) Image search: [Google]
bonkle display 2016.jpg
369KB, 1138x772px
how ya'll display ya bonkle

>not by color
>2k16
>>
>>5872802
Not new, but it's been a while.
>>5872839
valid
>>5872876
elaborate further? I probably have the parts. I moc.
>>5873038
topkek
>>5873151
how do?
>>
>>5873318
I don't bc poorfag with cluttery ass living space
>>
>>5873318
I don't. They're all just parts in a box
I lost a lot of them in a move. A lot of them
>>
Well guys i think its the end of me buying bionicle... I have less than half of g2 but there isnt really much left im interested in, aside from maybe

2016 kopaka
15 kopaka
15 onua
16/15 gali

But i cant find any of them on sale. The only one id consider getting full price would be 16 kopaka. I wouldnt mind a second lava beast though
>>
File: Haupokemonaids4.png (137KB, 347x208px) Image search: [Google]
Haupokemonaids4.png
137KB, 347x208px
>>5871908
>>
File: 1472057252753-1403650540.jpg (714KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1472057252753-1403650540.jpg
714KB, 2048x1152px
Still have a shitton of parts after building two more figures with the leftover makuta bits.
Gimme something to build, biog.
>>
>busou shinki ends
>threads still around, causing koto to reboot the franshise
>bionicle gets cancelled
>??????

Hmm....
>>
>>5873410
We already had our turn.
>>
File: based.jpg (71KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
71KB, 375x500px
>>5873410
Hero Factory re-launch (not reboot)
With a bit more serious tone as originally planned shown by Faber-Files.

Please Lego.
>>
>>5873415

This guy is literally the most aesthetically pleasing CCBS set to exist.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>5873415
But anon that would scare and confuse our audience of 0 to -1 braincells.
Joke aside, I'd be on board for a more in depth version of the HF series.
>>
>>5873415
>more serious tone

Like Ninjago?
>>
>>5873423
Would be enough, Heck for fucks at least give it at least depth as much as Chima.
>>
Is there any way to add more friction to quake beasts arm? its so god damn loose
>>
What are the most accurate instructions and parts-list for Makuta so far?
>>
>>5873551
Threw this together from other links, I haven't built it yet though so I'm not sure if exactly what you want.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ais7c7pYIC_G5-Kg1_xmWjkJt7ReV8RPJjtJeNkWg1Q/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>5873419
He's missing the edge-tacular skull bandolier.

Prototype Core Hunter > Finalized Core Hunter

But, yes, Core Hunter was an extremely aesthetically pleasing set at the time of release. I'm glad he got a wacky scheme in a book rather than wasted in the cartoon.
>>
>>5873415
I want Daredevil levels of serious. None of this kid shit.
>>
>>5873618
I dont think lego is ever gunna make a theme for adults. Moms would probably stir up a controversy WHY ISNT MY SONS LEGO 2 YEAR OLD FRIEDLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5873618
If kids like the story that's enough. Not many seemed to give a crap about G2 as it was fucking cancelled.
>>
File: makooti.jpg (2MB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
makooti.jpg
2MB, 800x1422px
Contest entry
>>
>>5873641
nice giant lazer dildo anon
>>
>>5873660
tfw you post and then realize you fucked up that bad
>>
>>5873664
It's a laser not a dildo, but OK
>>
>>5873660
t-thanks
>>
>>5870275
After 2005. I don't remember taking a disliking to it, though. It's like I just forgot about it. I started feeling nostalgic last year after learning about the reboot.
>>
>>5873419
When will this "Core Hunter is good" meme end?
>>
>>5873743
Never because your opinion is wrong.
Also, shoutout to Toxic Reapa.
>>
>>5873771
He's so fucking normie though. Just the same old dull Hero Factory, cookie cutter bullshit. He looks alright, but his build is just boring as fuck. That's like 50% of the appeal of a set for me, and Core Hunter doesn't accomplish anything special. His looks aren't enough to make up for that either.
>>
>>5873822
Yeah, his build is simple, but so was every other hf build. What makes core hunter so neat is that he's simple, and looks amazing
>>
can someone post the MOC template of putting CCBS limbs on a Mata torso? I saw an anon do it for Tahu a few threads ago and it looked really good
>>
>>5874217
You literally just use ball joints to connect the limbs
>>
>>5874180
That color scheme is so easy mode, though. It's REALLY fucking hard to make something dressed in close to nothing but black and red look terrible.
>>
File: Brutaka.jpg (26KB, 560x380px) Image search: [Google]
Brutaka.jpg
26KB, 560x380px
You know, it may be just me, but I think it's one of the comfiest feelings to know that there's a place on the internet where my favourite toy of all times (Brutaka) still gets mentioned ten years later it came out.
Just wanted to share this.
>>
>>5874269
Where the fuck are his leg pistons.
>>
>>5874269
Did
Did someone photoshop his pistons out?
>>
File: Set_Axonn.png (454KB, 713x802px) Image search: [Google]
Set_Axonn.png
454KB, 713x802px
>>5874303
>>5874307
>>
>>5874312
I don't understand
>>
>>5874312
>they keep the right leg's piston
What the fuck
>>
>>5874303
>>5874307
>>5874316
>>5874321
WAKE UP SHEEPLE. It's a government conspiracy.
>>
>>5874269
Shit. You just made me realize Brutaka is over 10 years old...
>>
I'm gonna order one wave of g1 all at once off of bricklink. Which one should it be?
>>
>>5874400
Either 2001 or 2003. If you don't want copy/paste villains, 2001.

Or you could roll an 8-sided die and go with that specific year. If it magically lands on an edge, you have to buy both '09 and '10.
>>
>>5874409
He said wave, not year.
>>
I need a Toa Metru Whenua Mini-CD for completion reasons, I'm willing to pay 100 dollars for one, anyone interested?
>>
>>5874447
So 2001.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, BZP finally rolled out their shitty interview. Anyone wanna get to know the rag-tag group of idiots who killed this line upon arrival?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipPj5hzj-4
>>
>>5874497
Any decent info come out of this?
>>
>>5874500
Still listening to it. So far, no.
>>
>>5874500
It's only 23 minutes but I'll report when I finish watching.
>>
>>5874497
>>5874500
Nothing really, they mostly talk about the process for set design and stuff. A lot of "oh yeah we listen to criticism" and "It's a back and forth with the higher ups." One of the guys fiddles with Umarak and it looks kinda funny.
>>
>>5874500
Nope, nothing particularly of interest. Basically just the same old shit we've heard before. They did mention how the core story team basically existed within the design team as well. Has me wondering if that's why this whole fucking thing failed. Had the story visionaries been more separated from the toy design aspect of the line, maybe it would have been fleshed out more organically.
>>
File: 6c9d0c3d6da65441.jpg (41KB, 1128x635px) Image search: [Google]
6c9d0c3d6da65441.jpg
41KB, 1128x635px
Due to the lego general having regular challenges, I think it would be healthy for the bionicle general to also have its own challenges.

Allow me to introduce the Skull Spider challenge. Using peices from your collection, and all the creativity that you dare to let free, I challenge biog to create their own infected bionicle. A being consumed and controlled by the will of whomever holds the golden mask of the skull spiders. Whether it be a simple villager, a once docile rahi, or a long dead warrior, brought back from the grave by the new host that now inhabits it's body.

I highly urge you to do whatever you please for this challenge, with the only rule being that the model must include one skull spider mask.

Happy building, Biog. I wish you all luck if you choose to take part in this. For there will be a winner. And there will be a prize.
>>
File: bsmcarapar.jpg (227KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bsmcarapar.jpg
227KB, 600x800px
>>5871135
>>
>>5874604
I love this idea.
>>
>>5874604
Don't even need a prize, yo. Just the challenge itself is enough.
>>
https://youtu.be/JMLAKtT2HKk

Too many feels. Wishing we had movies like this again, it almost makes me miss the mistika Toa sets.
>>
>>5874893
That narrator gave me goosebumps with his voice. What happened to this guy anyways? Why wasn't he in G2?
>>
>>5874911
because G2 was a massive fuckup
>>
Remember that interview BZP did? They FINALLY uploaded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipPj5hzj-4
>>
File: Vakama explaining 2008's ending.png (256KB, 617x360px) Image search: [Google]
Vakama explaining 2008's ending.png
256KB, 617x360px
>>5874893
>G2 ended without any surprising turn
>There won't be another Mata-nui tier plot twist for Bionicle ever

Feels bad
>>
>>5875033
The plot twist is that it ended before 3 years.
>>
>>5874629
Would a Bonkles plastic deteriorate over time being exposed to water with little to no chlorine, such as tap water?
>>
>>5875048
ABS is fairly durable plastic.

But then again 2007-plastic was not Lego's finest hour, so I don't really know.
>>
>>5873030
on what moc is it based?
details?
>>
Anyone have any beast modifications?
>>
>>5874629
Wait, what's up with that squid launcher? A prototype?
>>
File: 250px-Barraki_Game.png (65KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Barraki_Game.png
65KB, 250x150px
>>5875209
it was also used in their profile animations
I can't find screens about them but I'm sure they used prototypes there, it's also on the main menu of the Barraki platformer.
>>
>>5871855
Shouda couda wouda
>>
>>5875031
Old news. Was posted way earlier.
>>
>>5875043
I think the "plot twist" was supposed to be that the destiny of the Toa from start to finish was literally written in stone.
>>
>>5875275
Oh it was? My bad.
>>
>>5875276

>tfw it wasn't that G2 took place in a parallel universe after Tahu summoned G1 Toa with the mask of time to vanquish Makuta once and for all
>or that the G2 Toa are actually the G1 Toa in the time during their training before they were placed in canisters, which is why they looked much more mechanical in 2016 (2017 would've very closely resembled 01 Mata
>>
>>5874497
these guys suck
>>
>>5874497
danishes cant make toys
>>
>>5874497
fuck star wars
>>
I wish lego would release the CCBS bucket so I can make my own year 3 toa
>>
>>5873641
I actually like this. Almost reminds me of the design from the original Bionicle Movies, (Mask of Light, and Legends of Metru Nui.)
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 566x884px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 566x884px
So I got my Cyberhand Titan sized MoUP in the mail today. I went for the black flexible, and there is plenty to say about it.
>>
>>5875494
Put it on Makuta
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 720x857px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 720x857px
>>5875494
I'm giving a review on this thing to try and help with anyone on the fence.

So when it comes to the material, first thing to note is that while it's rough to the touch, the graininess of the plastic isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. You can definitely feel it, and if your looking for it, it's there. But from a distance it just looks like smooth matte black. Not bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 720x926px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 720x926px
>>5875497
I also have to not that the edges are actually all rounded too, sans the ones bordering the mask's backside. Cyberhand really stepped up his game on this.
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 720x829px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 720x829px
>>5875508
However, trying to fit it onto my pedestal was not happening. So I made a solution that'll ensure you're not scraping anything, and if you're getting it in metal, that it won't be permanently fixed to any of your Lego pieces. It's as simple as this build, and pinching the top in to let the mask slide on. Then just use your fingers to push the technic arms back out so they're flush with the mask and presto.
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 960x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 960x597px
>>5875511
IMO this thing is worth the money. I'll be putting this copy on my Makuta and whenever I get to it, a gold steel one with my pedestal. If MoUP anon pulls through soon though, I will buy his in flexible plastic as well to do a comparison before I jump the gun for the steel one. And no, if you ask me the titan size is not too big. This is the MoUP we're talking about, man.
>>
>>5875516
Isn't the gold steel option stupidly expensive though?
>>
do you guys mod your sets or usually keep them just how they are?
>>
>>5875519
I've got money to spend and I personally would rather a metal mask than a plastic, painted one. It'd just feel like more of a treasure I guess. -shrug- Not to mention I'm waning off toy collecting now that Bonkle is kill and CCBS doesn't even have an interesting substitute on the horizon.
>>
>>5875523
Only if I really think it benefits the overall look, which happend to a lot of my G2 Toa sets.
>>
>>5875523
I take em apart because lack of space.
>>
>>5875532
I see, I personally will stick with the plastic option, painting the villager sized mask gold and put it on a stand with the other two and have the black titan sized on Makuta.
>>
>>5875523
I don't really keep my sets together, but when I do theyre usually "modded" when I need parts from them for something else.

Unless you mean old stuff, which I usually do keep clean, except for my exo-toa.
>>
>>5875561
My G1 sets also remained unaltered, save for Kardas whom I only altered a bit to give some extra armor on and more color rather than more silver.
>>
>>5875523
Only alterations I implemented are replacing some of the older black rubber bands of the 2001 sets (and Blaster Slizer) with spare white ones. Otherwise, I like to keep their official look.
>>
>>5875497
You couldn't find just one or two more light sources around that would help make these pictures look like they weren't taken with a potato? I can barely make out any details here, buddy.
>>
>>5875575
Light won't do much. The camera is from an old phone. I'll still take a shot with a flash in a bit.
>>
>>5875494
Actually, I think my problem with it is that the jaw is too long. Everything else is fine, but I think there's just a little too much length in the mouth area.
>>
>>5875288
I had a similar idea
>Okoto is really the island of artahka
>ekimu is artahka
>these were the past names for the island and being
>The makuta that betrayed ekimu is most likely makuta kojol
>the toa okoto were created by ekimu as failsafes, storing them in 6 stars above for the protectors to call upon
>explains why the toa had recollections of him before they awoke ekimu
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 720x892px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 720x892px
>>5875575
Better yet I'll just hold it to the light.
>>
>>5875586
Who's Kojol?
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 720x873px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 720x873px
>>5875591
Don't expect the images to be any less grainy though, sweetie.
>>
>>5875591

Damn that is sharp. I think this might be the one I go ahead and order, color and material too
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 720x803px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 720x803px
>>5875595
I'd say for 20 bucks it's great. Also, like I said, he rounded his edges.
>>
>>5875586
>explains why the toa had recollections of him before they awoke ekimu
That was never touched upon again was it? Maybe that line was just referring to the visions they'd seen of him through their masks? In the second GN it seems clear to me that Ekimu didn't know of the Toa very well before donning the Mask of Time and seeing them in his own visions. Beyond having observed their destiny on the wall at the Capital, at least.
>>
>>5875597
Wow. That IS a lot smoother than I expected. Still wonder what it looks like in acrylic, though.
>>
>>5875604
I do too. But if I'm getting this thing again in steel for 80 bucks, I'm not spending another 40 just to check out how acrylic is.
>>
>>5875591
>>5875594
>>5875597
Can you show it from similar angles, but attached to a Okotan' head? I want to see how it fits and where exactly the mask rests on the face.
>>
>>5875592
The Makuta that supervised the island of Artakha.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 636x960px
>>5875611
It sits wicked low.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 655x832px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 655x832px
>>5875627
Like, won't even fit on Ekimu without craning his head back low.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 720x798px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 720x798px
>>5875630
It's huge for Protector sized characters.
>>
File: 28928465496_cd619b962e_o.jpg (159KB, 985x821px) Image search: [Google]
28928465496_cd619b962e_o.jpg
159KB, 985x821px
>>5875630
Hmmm. Not quite accurate, but adequate enough. For now, at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 698x921px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 698x921px
>>5875631
But I don't mind that since it looks so good on Makooti. If you specifically want one for your Mask maker Makuta, get the villager scale though.

Although I like the idea of Makuta making a gigantic mask that's abnormally large because he's just that insecure.
>>
>>5875631
That's the best picture so far. Good work.

I really wish Shapeways could dye their black parts even darker.
>>
>>5875604
>>5875639
I have to wonder myself if Black Acrylic is darker than Black Strong and Flexible.
>>
>>5871146
>>5875641
Looks like it. Just remember it's 40 bucks to get that thing in acrylic.
>>
>>5875624
Ah, I see. I honestly don't recall hearing about that guy. What was he mentioned in?
>>
>>5875643
Mostly just serials. He might have been mentioned in Bionicle World too, though.
>>
File: 28344315383_7a691659a9_o.jpg (157KB, 901x893px) Image search: [Google]
28344315383_7a691659a9_o.jpg
157KB, 901x893px
>>5875631
Put it on Onua 2015 if you still have him built. That'll give us a good idea of how accurate this mask is to the actual size of the one Lego used.
>>
>>5875644
Did he get a form of anysort in a MOC or something that can be found on BioSector1 or something?
>>
>>5875650
Nope. He has no canon visual appearance, I don't think.
>>
Bought the Dark Hunters book off Amazon recently. They really fucked up with this cover art, didn't they? Keetongu on the front, Vahki on the back. Neither of which are Dark Hunters.

I know Greg re-conned the Keetongu mistake into the canon, but still. It would have been so easy just to throw Voporak or a Piraka or some shit on the cover and like... Nidhiki on the back.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 642x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 642x623px
>>5875649
Looks like it may be a wee bit larger? I know the jaw's a little longer but the spikes seem to stick out more too.
>>
are all beast alternate masks the same? does anyone elses storm beast kopaka mask look amazing?
>>
>>5875523
Tend to mod them a bit, I don't have many spare parts.
>>
>>5875666
The dual injection should vary for each mask I'd say.
>>
>>5875523
I keep them as is. I'm autistic about them being accurate to the intended construction.
>>
>>5875636
No, not perfect. But I'm impatient and I like it enough. I might get the smaller one in acrylic and the larger one in BSF. Gotta wait till my next paycheck though.
>>
>>5875669
>buy lava beast
>love the build and how it looks
>buy storm and quake
>wasnt a fan at first but really like them now
>see storms kopaka mask and how sexy it is
>want to buy uniter kopaka now

its like a fucking snowball down a hill or something
>>
>>5875677
It looks like somebody pissed in snow.
>>
>>5875683
mine has like white swirls in the trans yellow, but I meant that the kopaka mask design itself is really cool, i didnt realize until seeing it in person though
>>
>>5875687
Oh yeah. It's a cool shape for sure. I think it might be my favorite mask Kopaka has ever had, actually. The corrupted version is ick tho.
>>
>>5875597
Can you give it an acetone acid bath to smooth it out to a shine?
>>
>>5875733
Eh, not planning on anything like that, sorry. Never had any experience in that kind of stuff and I'd rather not risk screwing it up.
>>
>>5875523
If I do happen to modify them, I'll keep the original peices on them, either rearranging or storing them somewhere on the figure. Keepa my autism in check while making everything look nicer in my eyes.

I'll post a few of my better ones later on if anyone's interested. Along with a few based off some prototype wave 1 sets a friend on the inside helped with.
>>
>>5875733
It's not black plastic, though. It's dyed white plastic. I could see that being ruined if you gave in an acid bath.
>>
>>5875733
Does that work with nylon? I thought the acid treatment applies to ABS material,
>>
File: image.jpg (617KB, 2048x1529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
617KB, 2048x1529px
>>5874604
Skeleton pirate
>inb4 I sadly win by default...
>>
>>5875744
It's dyed? Are you sure?
>>
File: buzsa_the_skull_cutter.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
buzsa_the_skull_cutter.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
>>5875756
>Yarr, ye scurvy dog, that's me ship's anchor!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfMWADVnt_8

Does this video hit the nail on the head why G2 was canned?
>>
>>5875767
Yes. Shapeways only prints Strong & Flexible in white, then dyes it whatever other color it comes in. Black Acrylic however is printed that way, I believe.
>>
>>5875772
Eh. There's probably much more to it than that. This knob is just a whiny manchild.
>>
>>5875494
>>5875497
>>5875508
Could you take a more clear picture in the light? I'm wanting to see how grainy it is and how black it is next to a ccbs black part.
>>
>>5875768
>>5875756
new prompt, everyone make a member of a skeleton crew and post it
>>
>>5875790
Dude.
>>5875659
This should do you just fine.
>>
Anyone order the titan size in black acrylic yet?
>>
>>5875656
I think the originally wanted to put TSO on the cover, some goof just got the files mixed up.

Guessing something similar must have happened with that Journey to One DVD.
>>
>>5875809
That dvd was the pure essence of not giving a shit, not a small slip.
>>
>>5875809
That JTO DVD is the work of no goof, sir. There's no way that was a humble mistake. That disgrace was the record breaking byproduct of absolutely zero fucks deliberately being given.
>>
>>5875794
Thank you, anon.

Also, >>5875790
I already explained the fuzziness is because of shitty phone. It's impossible to get a cleaner shot.
>>
File: IMG_20160825_202522.jpg (1MB, 2340x2836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160825_202522.jpg
1MB, 2340x2836px
Okay, Cyber-Hand's MOUP is pretty damn good, even if this is only the V1.
>>
>>5875844
Please tell me that's painted and you didn't just fuse that mask to that head.
>>
>>5875844
The Mask definitely has an evil feel to it, and compliments the ragged armor add-ons very nicely.
>>
>>5875846
It's gold steel, sorry anon.
>>
>>5875609
Post pictures if you order the Matte Black Steel
>>
>>5875853
So it's stuck, right?
>>
>>5875586
Now canon.
>>
>>5875863
But anon, that's a terrible idea that causes more problems for G2 than it solves.
>>
>>5875853
Is that matte or polished?
>>
>>5875858
Yeeeaaahhh.
>>5875873
Slightly polished.
>>
>>5875878
Slightly? I thought there was only one option for polish. Or did you do it?
>>
Use promo code "SHOPSHIPAUGUST" to get free shipping on Shapeways orders of over $25 for the rest of the month.
>>
>>5875897
How much is the shipping anyways?
>>
>>5875899
Like 5 bucks, usually.
>>
Did no one order black acrylic anywhere?
>>
Does anyone know if MoUP anon will release the files for personal printing as well as putting it up on shapeways?

>>5875905
Just scrolling through TTV looking for something and I saw a week and a half ago cyber hand said 2 people had ordered acrylic, but I don't know if anyone here has.
>>
Can someone please ask Cyberhand to spell "VILLAGER" correctly on the Shapeways listing for his smaller mask? It pisses me off way more than it should.

"Villiger" is a fucking cigar brand.
>>
So what's the most popular MoUP now, and who has a link?
>>
>>5876051
http://www.shapeways.com/product/E884RRWG7/mask-of-ultimate-power-titan-scale?optionId=60449492 shoob dooby doob.
>>
>>5875878
how is it stuck.
>>
>>5874549
Sorry for replying late.

Anyways, that probably wouldn't have worked. The toys and the story need to be at least somewhat connected so people won't get confused when they see unrelated characters on the shelves. But I do agree that the story doesn't need to be hindered by toy designs and vice-versa.
>>
>>5876134
No, I'm talking about the approach. The visionaries behind the core idea of G1 had only loose ties to the toy manufacturing process. Furthermore, there was a philosophy in the early years where they went about design process as if they were marketing a toy line for a hit, already existing IP. They were making the toys FOR the story instead of the other way around.
>>
>>5875791
I can dig it.
>>
Is there ANYTHING that the Official Guide to Bionicle offers that isn't made obsolete by Makuta's Guide to the Universe? My copy of the former is a little worse for wear and the mistakes with in its pages don't make it very desirable if I can replace it with a superior guide.
>>
>>5876177
Is Makuta's Guide to the Universe worth getting? I'm assuming it has lore info on the whole series.
>>
>>5876213
Yeah, it's excellent. Makuta's Guide to the Universe and Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna are beautiful books, especially in hardcover, and must haves for any Bionicle fan.
>>5876177
I think the only thing the Official Guide has that Makuta's doesn't is a brief selection tree-speak translations. Unless that's SUPER important to you, I say toss it. It's not like tree-speak is that hard to decipher anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20160825_221303~01.jpg (3MB, 3535x4920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160825_221303~01.jpg
3MB, 3535x4920px
Worth. Every. Penny.
God I hate cyberhand as a person, but holy shit this mask is glorious
>>
>>5876244
Finally someone who can pose this thing at least worth half a damn got their hands on the mask. Just ordered mine. I also ordered the smaller one in acrylic, so we'll see how that turns out. If it's better than the SBF, I'll blow my wad on the bigger one in that material as well.
>>
File: IMG_20160825_230408~01.jpg (3MB, 5248x2805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160825_230408~01.jpg
3MB, 5248x2805px
Another picture because fuck it, I'm happy
>>
File: JTO1.png (859KB, 982x918px) Image search: [Google]
JTO1.png
859KB, 982x918px
>>5876253
Damn, that mask is pretty well proportioned for his body. How about some recreations of his poses from angles in the show?

Like this,
>>
File: JTO2.png (929KB, 1277x709px) Image search: [Google]
JTO2.png
929KB, 1277x709px
this,
>>
Anyone know where I can get instructions for the rest of the G2 combiners? Off the top of my head I know we had the Kopaka and Tahu 2015's (also onua kinda), the skullfucker combo, and the kulta combo (I never built either of the latter and really want to). The current website only seems to have instructions for the beast combiner.
>>
File: JTO3.png (1MB, 1277x713px) Image search: [Google]
JTO3.png
1MB, 1277x713px
or this?
>>
File: IMG_20160826_023349.jpg (2MB, 2952x4388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_023349.jpg
2MB, 2952x4388px
>>5876269
Makuta's a lot chunkier irl, but I did my best
>>
File: IMG_20160826_024027257~01.jpg (2MB, 2952x4028px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_024027257~01.jpg
2MB, 2952x4028px
>>5876270
This one just looks stupid without a balcony for Makuta to look over
>>5876272
I did my best with this one though
>>
>>5876244
Thank you for your photos they look great

>>5876250
Please post a side by side when you get it in hand anon
>>
>>5876284
I was mostly looking for a downward angle from that one. You've mostly just photographed him from above. Try having Makuta looking down on the camera in that pose if you can.
>>
>>5876284
Is there any way to somehow fit something in the eye slots to make them seem a little less dead? Does the head even appear through the eye holes at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>5875183
>>
>>5876278
Where / how are you attaching the staff? Can you take a pic? Thanks!
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>587627
The Kulta / Skull Scorpio combiner is fantastic and well worth the buy. Only reason to buy Skull Scorpio, similar to the only reason to buy LOSS is for Makuta.
>>
File: image.jpg (649KB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
649KB, 2001x1125px
>>
>>5876413
I assume you meant >>5876271, which is me.
I have one of every set and I want to build it but there are no instructions up on the lego website. I'm asking if anyone has them downloaded.
>>
File: 20160826_043449.jpg (481KB, 530x1553px) Image search: [Google]
20160826_043449.jpg
481KB, 530x1553px
>>5876284
why
>>
>>5876447
Because the seven sets that make up Makuta are short one ball joint piece. Anon was improvising with the built so he didn't need to use an extra piece.
>>
>>5876408
Not him, but the staff doesn't actually attach. I just perfectly rests between one of the axe blades on his back, the gear, and his collar. It even almost sort of locks in to place when nestled back there, but it doesn't actually attach to anything though. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's kind of genius.

If you have him built just experiment with it having that knowledge in mind. You'll figure it out. Sorry, I can't take a picture myself right now.
>>
>>5876419
The instructions for the Kulta combiner are actually found on the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder product page. It's just called "70794 + 70795."

https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/search?initialsearch=70795#?text=70795
>>
>>5875885
Different metals from shapeways look different when polished; steel and black come out still kind of matte and grainy, whereas brass and gold come out smooth and reflective.
>>5876121
The clip is too thick to flex and slightly too small on the first version of the mask, so it's pretty much jammed on.
>>
>>5876253
WE DEM BOYZ
>>
>>5876244

What is the material of the Mask?
>>
So I put some G1 masks on Makuta. Sadly I don't have pearl gold Kraahkan.
>>
>>5876653

Oh wow, the mask of life actually looks pretty natural on him
>>
File: IMG_20160826_105552876~01.jpg (2MB, 2952x4586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_105552876~01.jpg
2MB, 2952x4586px
>>5876355
If you catch the light juuuuuust right from the side, he has eyes. Otherwise, no.
>>
File: IMG_20160826_110004114~01.jpg (2MB, 2952x3748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_110004114~01.jpg
2MB, 2952x3748px
>>5876408
Technically, >>5876463 is right, but here's how I'm doing it
>>
File: 1472223722655-1403650540.jpg (769KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1472223722655-1403650540.jpg
769KB, 2048x1152px
>>5876253
I really fucking like that umarak.
However, I'm too much of a purist to do much. So this was my poor attempt at giving him some sick shoulders like yours.
>>
File: IMG_20160826_111112.jpg (2MB, 2494x3883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_111112.jpg
2MB, 2494x3883px
>>5876329
Not the same pose, but I hope this looks better!
>>
File: IMG_20160826_111602.jpg (2MB, 2952x3971px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_111602.jpg
2MB, 2952x3971px
>>5876686
I think you did a pretty great job with yours, but here's the internal workings of my Umarak if you're interested
>>
>>5876697

Wow, Takadox's shells look really close to trans light blue. I thought it'd be harder to match them. Really happy because I loved those pieces.
>>
Well, here my fixed Umarak.
>>
>>5876704
Thanks man, my attempt was pitifully simple compared to yours.
>>
File: 1472229238467-1403650540.jpg (838KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1472229238467-1403650540.jpg
838KB, 2048x1152px
Might as well post the finished attempt.
I'm happy with it, I filled out the back too. Best part is that all the original peices are still there, incase I ever feel like he needs to be pure again.
>>
Any updates from Mask Maker Anon?
>>
>>5876821
He made a blog:
http://socketballmasks.tumblr.com/ I guess that's how we're gonna be keeping up to date with him, although I hope does more frequent updates, just if he posts about ideas and any progress he makes.
>>
>>5876815
Looks good! Any chance we could see what's under that armor?
;)
>>
File: Side and back.png (2MB, 1570x714px) Image search: [Google]
Side and back.png
2MB, 1570x714px
>>5877371
it's a fucking mess.

the uniter bit is connected to the previously unused neck joint from the body frame, which uses two rubber connectors to hold the pauldrons in place, while litting them bend slightly upwards to fit around the large tire shoulders. I circled those parts in red to just to help.

the blue circled socket, and everything connected to it isn't actually connected to anything on the model. It actually just nicely sits in there and is secured when you put the chestplate on. It helps a ton to remove gappyness.

the shoulders aren't anything special. just ball bits and a longer axle to connect into the gearbox. it all holds together nicely, and the arms can be easily removed if I want to edit things.
>>
File: BIO_KV_2016_2HY_FINAL.jpg (1MB, 1341x1900px) Image search: [Google]
BIO_KV_2016_2HY_FINAL.jpg
1MB, 1341x1900px
Does anyone know where I can find the Journey to One posters without all the text?
>>
>>5877617
Lego HQ in Billund.
>>
>>5876244
How does the staff connect to his back?
>>
>>5877712
nvm, got it
>>5874604
when does this contest end?
>>
>>5877617

Enjoy:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3a4NY
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eQkBJ
>>
>>5877723
September 30th.
>>
File: velken.jpg (179KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
velken.jpg
179KB, 1024x576px
I tried putting this together and I'm worried about the vorox armor. The rounded shoulder pieces fit fine but the vorox armor bends forward when its put in place

does that kind of thing fuck up pieces?
>>
>>5877956
If it bends, eventually the piece would stay bent like that or break depending on the stress put on it.
>>
>>5877739
Thanks anon
>>
>>5871987
CCBS was year 2 of HF, wasn't it brew?

First couple of years of HF were bionicle as fuck
>>
>>5878168
>First couple of years of HF were bionicle as fuck
Because first year was basically just Bionicle and CCBS was new at the time, like Bionicle in 2001.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (33KB, 349x663px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
33KB, 349x663px
>Checking LEGO Shop At Home to see if there are any bonkles left for Winter 2016
>Literally only the Summer wave of sets remain

I kind of want to die right now.
>>
>>5878220
Assuming you mean you want to buy the Uniters/Creatures, check TrU and Barnes and Noble.
>>
>>5874604
Great idea
>>
Got xX_UtD_Xx finally.

And I really like him. He's big and imposing. The neck-build is very lazy, though. At least the spare gunmetal Unity-piece I got a while back from BL finally got some use for hiding the liftarm on his back.

Now, all I need is Storm Beast and the pieces for Makuta and I have a complete G2 collection, excluding the three exclusive masks.
>>
Faber posted this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1lm2awBTdI&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>5878442
>Faber still shows more respect to the fans than Lego ever did with G2
Can we get this guy back?
>>
Picking up a Takadox and Vultraz (barring a few skyfighter pieces and squid ammo) for $15. Never owned any Barraki so I'm pretty excited.
>>
>>5878447
What does he even do nowadays?
>>
>>5878475
He is working on something called Rebel Nature, if I recall it's a video game about a human being raised by a robot that was built by the father of the child and the child's exploration in a hostile robotic distopia or something like that. I haven't checked more into it yet.
>>
>>5878475
He also uploaded a bit of a teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CgSYPDWGCs
>>
>>5876679
I actually don't mind the grainy black. Makes the MoUP look like it was hewn from granite or something
>>
>>5878479
Actually, it's a multimedia project, similar to how early Bionicle's story was doled out. I don't think anything besides concept art has been released yet, though.
>>
>>5878534
Oh okay, guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.
>>
>>5878442
This, the good bye drawing by him and the deleted Hero Factory post kinda give me the vibe that Faber really tries to indirectly hammer home the fact that Lego is seriously fucking up its original IPs and that they are becoming more and more a merchandising byproduct of what's currently popular or what people throw at them.
>>
>>5878541
Lego is essentially becoming Funko with bricks. Is that a popular IP? Lets give it the Lego treatment!
>>
File: Comic-Con-LEGO-Batman-and-Joker.jpg (27KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
Comic-Con-LEGO-Batman-and-Joker.jpg
27KB, 580x326px
>>5878557
>Lego is essentially becoming Funko with bricks

Pretty much.

Also, holy shit, fuck off with the Batshit already - seeing the rumors of 13 freaking Batman-sets for 2017 almost makes me physically ill.
I said it before and I'll say it again: we'll probably see minifigs of Leatherboy or the Disk Wars kids in a Marvel set before we see anything not Batman or Justice League related from DC.
>>
>>5878581
This.
It's nice to have a few comic/movie based things but it started to spiral out of control lately.
>>
>>5878581
>13 freaking Batman-sets for 2017
There's a perfectly good reason for that.
>>
>>5878581
Hey, they're getting better.

Joker's car from the movie is the first DC set (not based on Superman or Mighty Micros) that actually doesn't have Batman-figure on it.
>>
>>5878483
I want a hydraxon easter egg
>>
>>5878597
That'd be fucking awesome.
>>
>>5878601
like, your swimming through the water like it shows in the concept art, and off in the distance you see him chasing some barraki, maybe yelling
>"Welcome to the pit, runner."
>>
I managed to see in the last thread that an anon modded a storm beast and posted pics of it in the rain. How do I do the arms like the mod?
>>
>>5878617
Something like that, or maybe somewhere on the bottom of the ocean ahve the statue with the ignika on it and a tentacle nabs it after a bit.
>>
>>5878621
Here you are mate!
Not my design, it was posted here first, I just modded it a bit
>>
>>5878652
Thanks man, got storm beast recently since I really wanted it and though it needed to be upgraded. Tried giving it big arms at first but it looked meh.
>>
>>5878652
Pretty neat.

I may steal this. It'll go well with PoS's blades on the empty sockets.
>>
File: macy.jpg (186KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
macy.jpg
186KB, 540x720px
So, if those "Action" sets from Nexo Knights turn out to be CCBS figures, would you actually buy them?
>>
>>5878683
Absolutely.
>>
>>5878683
If we get chaos monster sets too I'd buy some.
>>
>>5878671
I personally just used glatorian necks to fill up the ball socket, but that'd actually be pretty cool
I may try that out
>>
My version of Mask Makers
>>
>>5878683
Not if the head is that fucking ugly in practice, but I'd love some knight armor addons.
>>
>>5878541
Good on him if true. When that criticism is lost to time, any hope for another Bionicle revival will be as well.
>>
File: the_mask_makers.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
the_mask_makers.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>5878693
>>
>>5878594
>Bruce doesn't even have the same hair piece in the Lego Movie

>literal water as opposed to bricks

Why animate this thin like the Lego Movie and have the same voice actor for Batman if it's not even related to the former? The only way I'd not care would be of Ninjago is animated like this as well.
>>
>>5878752
I personally don't get the Lego DC films as a whole, they do nothing just be very PG and use lego bricks nothing is gained by adding them to the Legoverse. Not to mention how oversaturated those got with Batman being the main focus no matter the character line up.
>>
>>5878683

>So,in a recent talk, one of the Bionicle team members accidentally confirmed that Nexo Knights would have a constraction presence ("If we make a new shell, it has to fit in with Nexo Knights, for example."), which is further corroborated by the leaked set names for Nexo Knights including "Action" versions of normal characters.

They are indeed going to use CCBS. Can't wait to see them.
>>
>>5878257
I fucking hate all of you, i dont have a TRU or barnes here. the only store here only has skull basher and ketar at full price. I had to buy almost every bionicle online
>>
>>5878541
I like star wars and youd think id like star wars CCBS but theyre just overpriced and dont look complex at all, aside from maybe greivous but hes 50 dollars so wtf
>>
>>5878785
Source?
>>
>>5878881
I know the feeling.
>>
>>5878785
nexo knights minifigs use some ccbs in it though so i wouldnt say its confirmed
>>
>>5878785
>>5878888
also knights kingdom figures didnt do that great so what makes lego think nexo knights will. Ninjago ccbs would probably be more interesting

I wish mega bloks would just buy the bionicle ip or something
>>
>>5878785
I can't get hype about CCBS anymore, lego has shown time and time again they wont do anything creative with it, will be the same fucking skeleton, with the same fucking black bones and generic as all fuck armor pieces, with some oversized printed chestplate and some gaudy shitty one-piece plastic head.
>>
>>5878904
While its arguable that the beasts are creative, I really like them because they dont look like your standard Bionicle. Way better than the skull enemies that just suck
>>
>>5878908
Yeah but I'm talking in regards to a hypothetical Nexo Knights CCBS series, and how boring it would look and how it would be basically the star wars figures with swapped heads.
>>
>>5878910
Hopefully there will be some dank lava monster builds that are less standard
>>
>>5878917
Almost all the major villains are generic humanoids though, and from the sounds of things, if we do get figures, its just going to be the big four heroes, where you can basically expect a cookie cutter build for everyone, and then a hulk chestplate for Axl
>>
master or uniter kopaka?

master of uniter gali?

which is better for each
>>
Do you guys think G2 sets will be worth more in the future? Or will it be possible to pick up used G2 bionicles for like 5-10 bucks in a couple years?
>>
>>5878933
Some will try to sell it for a high price, but honestly I think most of the G2 sets will be going for dirt cheap.
>>
>>5878940
I wonder if theres anyone who deliberately is keeping G2 keeps sealed for the future
>>
>>5878947
Someone has to be, if I could find sealed Slizer sets back in 2013, there has to be at least one person doing the same.
>>
File: crazydreaming.jpg (123KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
crazydreaming.jpg
123KB, 500x281px
So, I've been thinking real hard about this for the last few months, even before G2 ended.

I've been playing through MNOG lately, and I've been thinking one of two things: an online game equivalent for Voyage Nui (not what we ended up getting), or an Okoto Online Game (which seems to be a better idea).

What would you guys think if this EVER became a plausible ides, particularly the Okoto Online Game? MNOG was such a crucial part of a lot of fans' interest in Bionicle to begin with, and I can still see some appeal to exploring a vast Island in much the same way. Sadly, I have zero experience in programming such an endeavour.

Just a pipe dream, but if a team of people were interested, with a bit of funding and some more planning, who would want a MNOG equivalent for another part of Bionicle's history?
>>
>>5879000
I kinda think an action rpg could be fun for bionicle, but that would need a lot more money than a 2d drawn point and click
>>
Anyone have any cool beast add-on/mods?
>>
>>5879000
So, a Bionicle MMO?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4WgrXiIs0w
I'd say this is the closest to a bigger Bionicle game, though it's just a Skyrim mod sadly.
>>
>>5879042
>tfw you will never play a AAA Bionicle RPG

The Storyline would be so simple, too. You don't have to be on a major island: take part of the Southern Continent because of the diversity of elements beyond the main six.

You get to choose your element and appearance as a Matoran. In the first quest you receive a Toa stone and transform.

Everybody starts the game with a Huna because it's a simple, low level mask power. All the other masks are collectable throughout the game either from enemies or specific quest rewards.

The main story centers around a conflict between the Order of Mata Nui, Brotherhood of Makuta, and the Dark Hunters. You can choose which faction to align yourself with and each of them give you different bonuses (OoMN gives you better elemental abilities/spirituality, BoM gives you Hagah armor and Forok/Rahkshi sidekicks, the DH give you an overall health and strength bonus, but you have to complete bounties to maintain it (maybe under threat of mutation).

Damn it would be so fun.
>>
>>5879184
And the customisation. Think of the customisation
God I want this game so much now
>>
>>5879193
Same damn it
>>
>>5878881
>>5878887
>tfw there is a TRU within walking distance of me and it still has all the uniter toa, their creatures, and the beasts
>>
>>5878932
both for kopaka
>>
>>5878933
the autists will try to sell unopened new ones for a large amount of autism bucks over ebay and amazon.
>>
>>5879212
>assuming I'm also American
European, plus I already got every set (bought online because it was much cheaper), the sets were never given a discount or clearance price decrease.
>>
>>5879216
I just hate how much gold master kopaka has
>>
>>5879225
Have you looked at Tahu Uniter yet? Hardly any red on the set.
>>
>>5879223
>implying I'm assuming your american
When G1 died and then G2 popped up, at first I decided to not get into it, but I started to when the uniter toa came along. First one was master lewa, they were cheap and plentiful at first but now since cancellation, only place I can get them is TRU. Only just got storm beast from there so far. I wonder if they will actually put them on sale sometime soon though,
>>
>>5879229
I have him, he still looks cool as fuck though and the gold goes with red way more than it goes with white
>>
>>5879269
Not saying he looks bad but from the red Toa be just shifted into the golden toa, which shouldn't be the main color of a Toa of Fire, same goes for Lewa just with silver.
>>
>>5879276
Pretty sure whoever designed the uniters were colour blind since they all have problems

also
>toa color/silver split WHY
>gold mask transitions to silver creature head WHY
and the infected masks should have been default colour ->trans colour instead of gold ->trans
also they should have just said fuck it to alternate masks and just released mask packs with never before released masks for MOCS
>>
>>5879293
Yea, there were quite a few fuck ups overall, and since according seemingly "everyone" Mask Packs are "not profitable" there was no chance for it to return sadly.
>>
Is Bionicle Heroes worth playing?
>>
>>5879303
It's not perfect, but has a charm to it I'd say.
>>
>>5879297
>make mask packs
>make old style masks into the new form, so original lewas mask with different attachments
>thinking this would not print money
>>
>>5879311
I know, I brought up how it would bring money, but the BZP forum and anyone else not from here was going on about how a waste of money it would be from Lego...yea right... like they'd waste the budget on useless things..coughgoldmaskscough
>>
>>5879303
If you got nothing better to do. It's an okay time-killer, but quickly gets monotone and boring.

Or rather it already gets monotone in the very first area.

Plus fuck Hero Mode.
>>
>>5879316
why does lego suck so much as a business

I get if they had a limited budget, but they could have done things so much better

I definitely think mask packs would have been profitable, its like buying random booster packs of pokemon cards or something
>>
>>5879334
Heck since we have a character with the title of MASK MAKER it would be even more sense making, they could be like Ekimu's/Makuta's old works or something.
>>
What do you guys do when you get a full set off of bricklink, or with old full sets. Do you mod them so they're higher quality? Or do you keep them as is for display?
>>
>>5879303
It's a decent little thing.

But it's the definition of W+M1, with some very minor problem solving on the way.
>>
>>5878693
You gotta love G2 if only for these guys, IMO.
>>
>>5878744
Yeah, I personally like flat-purple Makuta. Seems more sinister for its literal lack of transparency--which implies the figurative lack as well, potentially.
>>
>>5879303
Gameplay is boring as all hell, OST is pretty decent though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2b7Kgz9ao
>>
>>5879343
The only Bionicle sets I modified were the Bohrok-va to remove the Krana tray and I removed the gear function from Sidorak's left shoulder and made it identical to his right shoulder so it didn't swing around anymore. I also gave Nuparu the correct arm in the Boxor so that he matched the other Tohunga. Most modifications I do are to System sets which usually involves removing spring loaded and stud shooters.
>>
>>5879003
If I had experience in making an action RPG, this wouldn't be a bad idea. And if I had an experienced and dedicated team to back me up, it could be done.

>>5879042
An MMO wouldn't be a good idea at all realistically. Servers and balancing and what not would be a game developer's nightmare.

So basically, same kind of thing MNOG was, but with G2's setting. I was thinking of something in the same style as the original flash games and animation, but with a dash of the G2 animations. I haven't quite thought it through, but the animations did start out with a very nice style, just poor animation.

For the story, I was thinking of starting shortly before the Toa defeat LoSS or something, and kind of doing the same thing MNOG's plot did, and follow the villagers and elders. I also want to do a little bit after JtO, follow Ekimu a bit. I'm probably going to use Bingzak as the player character, but I feel like that's too cliché.

Again, this is still all in early planning, and no real expertise in programming or art. I can get at least one other guy to help me if I pay him, but I'll need an artist for sure.
>>
>>5879212
I mean, TRU would be a good place for anyone to check but when I went to mine they had a very limited bionicle section. It's not the same for everyone. The only summer wave sets I could find were ekimu and storm beast.
>>
any way to unwarp pieces good? i got a few nuva shoulders that got bent.

couldnt find a way to get them close together without overlapping them but i dont want my pieces all fucked. im paranoid about messed up pieces or something
>>
>>5879597
I've heard that dunking them in warm water is the way to go but don't blame me if you melt your pieces.
>>
>>5878932
2015 Master Gali
2016 Uniter Kopaka
>>
>>5879602
hmm. i dunno if that'd get em back to their spot pre bend.

the slight bend probably isnt even an issue, im just fuckin autistic for noticing lmao
>>
>>5879470
You mean the Hero Mode theme? That's the only fucking song in the OST you'll ever hear because of that shitty mechanic.
>>
File: slider-4.jpg (419KB, 1600x750px) Image search: [Google]
slider-4.jpg
419KB, 1600x750px
>>5879229
>Have you looked at Tahu Uniter yet? Hardly any red on the set.

Your standard flame doesn't have a lot of red, either.
>>
File: IMG_20160828_001020.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_001020.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
I have no fucking clue how to do bonkles with feminine proportions.

You guys have any tips to improve her?
>>
>>5879799
Do you have Nuva pads?
>>
File: IMG_20160828_001955.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_001955.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
>>5879801
Not on hand, no. Will they fit well on CCBS?
>>
>>5879807
It doesn't matter if they'll fit. What matters is if you have them
Do you have Rahkshi heads?
>>
>>5879801
>>5879810
Stop listening to this memelord. He's going to turn your feMOC into a generic ass tittymonster Bonkle slut.
>>5879799
>>5879807
I actually sort of like the simple modesty that goes into this. It's nothing fancy, but I think it gets the femininity across well enough. I say lose one or both of the shoulderpads though, as they make the shoulders appear a little wide.
>>
File: 19503315066_8ccd80da88_o.jpg (169KB, 625x1000px) Image search: [Google]
19503315066_8ccd80da88_o.jpg
169KB, 625x1000px
>>5879816
>tittymonster Bonkle slut
is there any other kind?
>>
File: Character_image_360x480_Lavaria.png (167KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Character_image_360x480_Lavaria.png
167KB, 360x480px
>>5878683
Fingers crossed for CCBS lavaria or something alike.
>>
>>5879303
The DS version is the one worth playing. Console/PC version is a boring grindfest where nothing can kill you.
>>
>>5879953
The DS one is just as boring, only in a different way. It's a shitty, overly repetitive, less fun DOOM.
>>
>>5879953
no, the gameboy version is where its fucking at
>>
>>5879799
In general, the shoulders should have roughly the same breadth as the hips, not the other way around. Don't fall for the big hips=feminine meme. And if you wanna stick with what you've got there, either replace those shins, or make the top half taller.
>>
>>5879973
Are you sure you didn't get the two mixed up? The DS version is a MP:H clone with a pretty good amount of vertical gameplay, the console version is the one with overly forgiving autoaim and no reason to look up or down.

also
>overly repetitive
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3VN0KRaiDs
>three boss types you have to fight six times, two of which are basically the same
>three enemy types
>no reason to get behind cover, stop walking forward or mashing shoot
>also three fucking enemy types over the course of a six-hour game like what the fuck
>>
File: Makuta2.jpg (470KB, 941x1675px) Image search: [Google]
Makuta2.jpg
470KB, 941x1675px
>>5879454
Preach.
>>
File: Ekimu Stand Sheet.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ekimu Stand Sheet.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>>5880041
>Behold the power of my Stand, 「Six Degrees」!
>>
>>5880072
Makuta's stand would be called 'Ele-Mental' or 'Shadow Government'
>>
>>5878785
i dont think thats what he meant, just that lego parts in general should be able to be used in different lines and not look too specialised
>>
File: this flips my ruru.png (25KB, 235x294px) Image search: [Google]
this flips my ruru.png
25KB, 235x294px
>need just one part to finish MOC
>know I own at least three of them that aren't currently used in anything
>can't find a single one
Holy fuck this is annoying.
>>
>>5880103
Its why you keep your pieces seperated categorically. It cuts down MOCing by so much that everyone should do it
>>
Anyone have any cool beast mods?
>>
>>5880072
>tfw there will never be a bionicle anime
>>
>>5880432
I used Play Stippling's mods for the beasts. He has some videos in YouTube on nodding them and UtD. He'll eventually get to Ekimu as well, but there isn't much to change with him in the first place.
>>
>>5880474
I wish they had made 6 beasts instead of 3, I really really like them
>>
>>5880483
I was thinking what happened to the other 3 traps once the other 3 got powered up. Did those merge with the one walking into the energy? I mean stone+fire or fire+earth is easily lava, stone+earth can be quake, as for storm I guess it should be water and ice bit not sure,
>>
>>5880495
jungle and earth as quake doesnt make a lot of sense to me, should just have been earth and made a green one, a green beast would have looked sweet, white probably too, brown not sure, though maybe they could have used trans yellow for most of stone beast
>>
>>5880495
>what happened to the other three traps?

The budget got cut severely.

All jokes aside, I would have almost accepted these as Bohrok equivalents for G2, minus them not turning into balls.
>>
What could the functions of the brown white and green beasts have been?
>>
>>5880518
Maybe Bohrok Va? Having a spare mask and all to revive the fallen beasts even after their mask is crushed. Or even crazier, a one time mask forger to fix the beast mask,
>>
>>5880523
Fuck, I want to buy a shit ton of beasties to do this now. Maybe I'll wait until they're discounted.
>>
>>5880546
I'll try to MOC something up once I have the time to do so.
>>
>>5880523
I saw the Beasts more as Rahkshi than Bohrok. They can poison the Toa's masks and seem to be born from the idea of 'element hybrids' that originated with Makuta and his Mask of Control
>>
>>5880553
Fair point, then again unlike in G1 now in G2 the alternate masks mean literally nothing. Which is very sad.
>>
>>5880553
They probably had planned to do some sort of G2 Rahkshi.

Leaving the beasts as Bohrok of G2.
>>
I wish I had the kopakas now so I could put white shells on a beast and make glacier beast or something lol
>>
>>5880580
The two-toned masks make it sure it would look awful.
>>
>>5880001
I never said the console version WASN'T repetitive either. I was only comparing the DS version to DOOM.
>>
>>5880553
>They can poison the Toa's mask
There is no proof of this in the canon.
>>
>>5880553
Why not both?
>>
>>5880635
True, only time we saw mask corruption was with the skull guys.
>>
If I got a White Polished Flexible Mask of Ultimate Power, then would I need to sand it before spraypainting? Thanks!
>>
New thread when
>>
>>5880633
And I pointed out that the console version has more in common with DOOM than the DS one.
>>
>>5880654
No sure, but I think you'll definitely need to hit it with some primer before you paint it.
>>
>>5880691
Not at all dude, the console one isn't even first person. Are you sure YOU'RE playing to DS version, and not the Gameboy one? Because it's practically a DOOM mod except with Toa powers instead of Key Cards.

... have you ever played DOOM? The originals. Not the new one.
>>
>>5880635
They come with poisoned Toa masks and the Toa are debilitated on their box art. Of course they can poison masks
>>
>>5880709
It was never brought up in JtO or in the story in general just on the boxart so it doesn't count.
>>
>>5880718
JtO is fucking garbage so it shouldnt even count toward anything anyway
>>
>>5880750
Point taken.
>>
if nexo knights ccbs is a thing im gunna steal as many of those sets as i can out of spite
>>
so uh

Do you guys have tumblrs/anything other than here for being involved with the bonkle community? I like this general but I was wondering if there was anything bigger that wasn't BZP
>>
>>5880517
>Trans yellow
Who remembers when that was a meme
>>
>>5880792
>that one guy who was 1000% convinced UTD was Yellow
Poor bastard.
>>
File: 28425826201_436ed55154.jpg (77KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
28425826201_436ed55154.jpg
77KB, 500x375px
>>5880702
Unrelated, but the new DOOM was sick as fuck
>>
>>5880436
https://vimeo.com/2255269
There's already was a bionicle anime
>>
>>5880843
>humanized characters
No thanks.
Anon meant actual robot/mecha anime style not this humanized thing.
>>
File: 1468380887811.jpg (92KB, 952x759px) Image search: [Google]
1468380887811.jpg
92KB, 952x759px
>>5880702
wtf are you even on about? Have YOU played DOOM? You can't aim aim up or down (unless you're playing a modern port), there's no aiming reticle because the game automatically hits anything you're shooting in the general direction of, and you need to hunt down keys to progress in each level and have to collect new ones for every level. The similarities end at the camera perspective. In Bionicle Heroes, you actually have to aim to hit enemies, you can look up and down because the environments are actually 3D, and the Toa powers are never required to beat the game except the default character's telekinesis-the-door segments to stop you from skipping enemies and """""secret""""" areas, which the console version has as well, not to mention you only need to collect masks once and they're in plain sight. If anything its like a slower version of Quake, like Metroid Prime:Hunters.
>>
>>5880884
>You can't aim aim up or down
Fair point. The DS version still isn't a better game than the console version. They both suck.
>>
>>5880709
By that logic, 2015 Tahu losing his mask to Lava Beast is canon as well.
>>
>>5880635
>>5880642
>>5880709
>>5880718
>>5880750
>>5880910
Or what about

Guys hear me out

What if

Guys

What if

It's just a toy line aimed at children so you can believe in whatever the fuck you want to
>>
how are makuta's masks attached in that chain thing?
>>
>>5880872
speaking of which, does anyone have a link to that parody of the JJBA opening done with the G2 webisodes?
>>
>>5880938
see
>>5880041
They go onto the free cross axle slot
>>
https://youtu.be/ZrZ5D4R8iDY?t=2m55s
Geez hakann
>>
>>5880924
Consistency is still important, false advertising only ruins a product.
>>
>>5881019
G2 was never consistent, let's be honest here.
>>
>>5881058
Sadly that is true.
>>
If lego had hired /biog/ for the bionicle reboot, how much better or worse would it have been?
>>
>>5881069
Hard to say, but honestly, we would have done a way better job in the end than those clowns did.
>>
>>5881071
>this is what /biog/ users actually believe
>>
>>5881076
I'm not saying we would have created perfection but would have handled it with actual respect unlike what Lego did wasting the budget and pulling the plug a year early.
>>
>>5881082
If you think a ragtag group of people from 4chan could seriously do better, you're fucking delusional, and I invite you to prove me wrong.
>>
>>5881089
Coordination is still a thing, people can work together. Plus G2 made general basic logic based flaws and screw ups that anyone can see/fix who gives two shits.
>>
>>5881089
>Mask Packs
>Tub/box of assorted CCBS parts
This shit doesn't even require new molds or instructions and would have sold easily. 4chan has now done better than Lego.
>>
File: pink whenua.png (86KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
pink whenua.png
86KB, 200x200px
>>5881069
>Designs and concept arts
Difficult to say, probably worse.

>Sets
Would be a bit better, and the Skullfuckers would have been A LOT better I think.

>Story
Had potential but didn't go deeper in the most "visible" parts (I didn't have the chance to read the books) so I'd say better.

>Marketing
Even a disabled chimp could do it better.
>>
>>5881119
Seconded
>>
Are Mixels worth buying to incorporate their parts into CCBS?
>>
>>5881244
Nnno.
They don't have enough to even be considered ccbs.
>>
>>5881133
The books mainly talked about the Protectors tailing the Toa for the most part and catching up to them and then there's the adventures in skull city where Ekimu cheats in a 1v1 trial by combat.

Though, I will give it this, the books did give us a giant snake rahi that was controlled by a skull spider then teamed up with the Protectors and Harvali, who they randomly bumped into and was lost for a year or something.
>>
File: Hadi.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Hadi.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
>>5879799
>>5879807
>>5879816
So I swapped out the torso for a 2016 one, and did a couple other things I may or may not be satisfied with...
>>
File: thicc.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
>>5881494
... I tried to give her a bit of ass. I'm not totally satisfied with how I did it, but I don't have any Nuva shells or those new CCBS ones (I fucking wish Grievous had a few of those, otherwise I'd have been set).

So yeah. This is Hadi, my first attempt to make a qt bonkle.
>>
File: IMG_20160828_203238.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_203238.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
>>5881505
I was also thinking of using this piece for a decent rear, but I don't have it in a good color unless I swap out most of her silver for gold, which I don't think will do well with her.
>>
>>5881494
I don't like how visible that ass plate is from the front. It's also way too high up to appear as her actual rear.
>>
>>5881509
much better
>>
>>5881509
I assume you don't have the piece in grey by chance?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VOrh_0p3J8

Vrahno is fucking awesome with these animations, gotta love them.
>>
I picked these up locally for $15. Surprised the jet still has all the balls
>>
File: IMG_20160828_215022.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_215022.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
>>5881601
No, but I'm looking into Bricklink for a pearl silver one to match. I think it would work best.
>>
File: l.jpg (377KB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
377KB, 1920x1079px
>>5881609
woops
>>
>>5881613
>those two CCBS parts

That looks a bit out of place. But still a pretty good find.
>>
>>5881610
Did it come in silver? I don't recall.
>>
>>5881618
Yeah it was mainy for the Takadox and I'll take apart the jet. I definitely don't mind the extra pieces though.
>>
>>5881621
Yeah, in Stormer 3.0.

I'm gonna use a gold part for now, lower it down a peg and see how well she poses.
>>
>>5881613
Is it just me or is that jet one of the most forgettable sets? I mean, there were plenty of sets that vastly overshadowed it in 2008, but even as its own, it's pretty bland and I always forget that I have it. Vultraz's mask is neat, though.
>>
>>5881244
The mixel joints make for good wrists and other smaller joints. But you really need other parts to connect between CCBS and system.

Also new thread when? We're almost off the 10the page.
>>
>>5881704
It's a pretty streamline jet, the cannon on it's underside is nice big piece.
Thread posts: 674
Thread images: 124

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.