[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FINISH HIM!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (110KB, 1017x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 1017x1024px
Hey /toy/, what Mortal Kombat figures exist out there? They don't necessarily have to be good (I'm willing to kitbash stuff). I only know of Mezco's and Jazware's lines, and even then, I barely know anything about either line.

Which characters have representations as figures, and if so, what line are they from? I've been itching for figures of Reptile, Johnny Cage, and Sektor.
>>
>>5868373
there is also world box
>>
>>5868373

honestly there are no good MK figures out there. the ones they sell at TRU are trash. some brand is making MK and SF figures. /toy/ had a couple of threads about them. so just wait on them when they release. anybody know the name of that brand?
>>
>>5868901
Storm Collectibles?

And which line at TRU is "trash"? Mezco's?
>>
File: MKDragonWing.jpg (61KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
MKDragonWing.jpg
61KB, 615x461px
>It's the 90's and MK mania is in full swing.
>Hasbro has the license to make MK toys.

>Made with the same molds as GI Joe & Street Fighter.
>So yes, you could have that ultimate MK vs SF battle you & your friends argued about endlessly at school.

>Re-used GI-Joe models means re-used GI-Joe vehicles.
>So Raiden, god of Thunder can ride a Ninja Force motorcycle to the store.

>And there was the completely new vehicle: THE MOTHER FUGGIN' DRAGON WING BOAT!
>Endless hours of backyard fun as Scorpion & Sub-Zero sail the Seven Seas looking for booty.

>There was also some sweet deluxe 12" MK figures at the height of the 1/6 scale collector craze.
>So you could actually pull off a Friendship move in RL and buy a Scorpion doll.
>How meta.

But we'll never reach those toyetic heights of grandeur again. Now it's all about several low grade companies making the same grimdark "Adult Collectible" Scoprion/Lu Kang/Sub-Zero 1/12 figures. Full of flaws & fragile as fuck. The line never makes it past wave 3 because nobody is interested in a sub-par line of figures.
>>
>>5868972
>>Endless hours of backyard fun as Scorpion & Sub-Zero sail the Seven Seas looking for booty

That's exactly the kind of shit I'd have done as a kid too
>>
>>5868972
Another toyetic MK line would be the coolest shit. Imagine figures with removable parts and flip-down panels for heavy battle damage, gory effect parts, etc.

Hell, I'd cum buckets if there was a Sektor toy that had spring loaded chest rockets. Can't think of a ton of other action features that wouldn't just be projectiles though (cage's green bolt, liu kang's fireballs, scorpion's chain kunai, etc)
>>
>>5868936
Jazzwares is utter garbage. Mezco is alright but could be better on both articulation and paint.
>>
>>5869039
Kung Lao could spin like a top, Cyrax could be like a crash test dummy figure and explode with a button, Sub-zero could be color changing plastic, Reptile would have that squirt gun gimmick all lizard toys had that never worked. The possibilities for super gimmicky toyetic MK figures are endless.
>>
>>5868373
If you're looking for the most recent stuff, like others have stated, Storm Collectibles is making 1/12 scale MK action figures. Confirmed right now is Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Goro, and Shao Kahn. Sub-Zero and Scorpion are up for pre-order and are due out in the Fall I think (just look them up on BBTS), and Goro and Shao Kahn should go up sometime soon. Storm Collectibles' facebook has good pictures.
Mezco also made 1/12 scale (6-inch tall) Mortal Kombat X figures last year (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden (Series 1) and Kotal Kahn, Quan Chi, and Kitana (Series 2)) as well as some 4-inch tall Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Raiden figures (you can look them up on their website). Each 6-inch figure also has had exclusive versions made (more bloody versions with other accessories) but you can pretty much find all of the Mezco figures on Amazon for good prices.
The Storm Collectibles ones will be of higher quality and have better articulation compared to the Mezco figs, but their price tag is like $50 compared to the Mezco's $15 price. I have both of Mezco's Kotal Kahn's versions and they're really great for the price (like $16 each) with decent articulation and good accessories, and according to YouTube reviews it looks like the other Mezco figures are good too.
To answer your question, I think only Jazwares made Reptile and Johnny Cage figures. They're cheaper in quality but you can find some on eBay.
>>
>>5869072
Cyber smoke with a mist gimmick and mileena with a hinged jaw?

Sparking gimmicks for raiden?
>>
File: not my picture.jpg (312KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
not my picture.jpg
312KB, 1600x1200px
The Infinite Concepts line of Mortal Kombat figures is often forgotten. In some ways the quality's fantastic, but lacking in others (looking at derp Liu Kang in the back for example). Supposedly the figures were designed in such a way that allowed for unassisted dynamic poses (high kicks while the figure stands on one foot), and while the packaging oversells their ability to do that, they're still a very articulated line that can do some impressive combat stances.
>>
File: not my picture either.jpg (198KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
not my picture either.jpg
198KB, 1200x1600px
>>5869201
Also it's nice that the only Mileena figure made thus far did include her gnarly maw. The mask can flip down or pop off completely to reveal her mouth, and the jaw is even hinged. That little extra attention to detail makes her the best of the line in my book.
>>
>>5868936

yes thats the one

i dont know the brand name. i saw them once at TRU and they went for 20USD-50USD. they didnt look great IMO. they were MKX figures. i saw a regular sized raiden and jax i think and a really big sub zero and scorpion

>>5869201
those dont look that bad except for lui katina looks good
>>
The Storm collectible figures that are coming out look great but I'm not a fan of the "Klassic" costumes, the only thing the newer games did right is give most characters a bit more personality, of course there are some made worse but whatever.

I bought the Mezco 6" Scorpion and I'm pretty disappointed with it. The Mask is removable and it has this weird face and he mask falls off all the time. The chain accessory is pretty weak and posing him is hard. Their 3 3/4" figures look a bit better, we'll see how they are when they come out. Sadly even if that line continues they're based on the shitty MKX designs and as much as I wanted Kitana I couldn't bite the bullet.

I also have a Jazware 4" Shao Kahn with his Play set. It's not perfect but it's pretty decent. Towers over 3 3/4" figures like he should and the throne/slave pillars look cool. The Storm Collectibles Shao Kahn looks better but I don't want a 7" Shao Kahn figure. I like to pose my other 3 3/4 figures fighting in the "ring" with other figures watching on.
>>
>>5869074
I think I might just make my own Cage by kitbashing some WWE stuff together.

I really want an MKX Reptile figure in the Klassic outfit, but that seems like a pipe dream desu.
>>
>>5869249
>The Mask is removable and it has this weird face and he mask falls off all the time.

If they'd given him a beard like he has in the game and comic, I'd have been content with leaving the mask off. His weird, smooth face just makes it really annoying that the mask falls off so easily. It's impossible to turn his head without it happening.
>>
Unless you have severe nostalgia, just avoid the Hasbro figures. Goro was the only decent one, everyone else used those awful Ninja Force bodies with gimmicks. Same deal with Street Fighter, you had a couple that were spot-on accurate and a bunch of that were just a new head on a fucking Snake Eyes body and half of them had an unholy amount of space between shoulders and neck because it was around when Hasbro's sculptors thought humans had giraffe necks.

Yeah, you can get a few decent SF or MK Hasbro figures using the Joe bodies, but there are far better lines for both games made since then.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.