[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mattel takes over the Jurassic Park franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (24KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 292x173px
http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/20/mattel-takes-jurassic-park-jurassic-world-toy-license-211342

Have we discussed this yet? Seems like a good opportunity to get some decent dinosaurs. I want Matel to make the dinosaurs soft like Kenner did.
>>
>>5864633
>Seems like a good opportunity to get some decent dinosaurs.
>Mattel

also yes this has been discussed previously.
>>
Hasbro really should be ashamed of themselves for letting it come to this. Kenner's JP lines where groundbreaking, some of the highest quality toys in the 90's, with cutting edge sculpts and magnificent paintwork, much of which holds up to this day. Hasbro sat on this license for decades and did very little with it, coasting on Kenner molds nearly 20 years after they first came out.

Kenner was too good for Hasbro.
>>
>>5865090
They even cast Chris Pratt so that Hasbro could copy and paste his face from Marvel GotG figures.
>>
>>5864633
I'll gladly check out the new line

but if it even remotely resembles the absolute failure that was JW's current spread... I guess the biggest dinosaur line of our time will finally meet it's end.
>>
>>5864633
The only people that are going to come out ahead on this will be Hot Wheels collecting autists. Everyone else will get nothing but garbage.

Screencap me for posterity, we all know it's true.
>>
>>5864633
I have very little experience with Mattel, but they really can't be worse than Hasbro, can they?
>>
>>5865154
>can't be worse than Hasbro

DC figures have been worse than Marvel's. So yeah Mattel can be worse than Hasbro
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>>5865818
To be fair:

...yeah, I've got nothing.
>>
>>5865154
Mattel is the worst.
>>
Given Mattel's ability to make cool giant monsters like in the MOTUC line, its entirely possible they can give us great figures.

Of course, hasbro also gave us cloverfield and rancor/a number of other cool Star wars monsters, yet we got crap for JW so don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>5865154
Nah. It's just Hasbro fans are suffering Stockholm Syndrome. They cry over non-issue shit like the "Collect N Connect" name for the BAFs.
>>
How will Dino Riders factor into this?
>>
>>5865818
On the other hand, the WWE figures are a lot better than both.
>>
>>5866065
Jurassic Park vs. Dino Riders: Dawn of Crossovers
>>
>>5865090
Hasbro's treatment of Jurassic Park really was a let down. Although these days, I blame the poor toy market. Action figures aren't selling as well as they used and costs are way up.

>>5864633
> Seems like a good opportunity to get some decent dinosaurs.

Mattel bought the rights to Back to the Future so they could make a hoverboard and some Hotwheels. They said figures for that wouldn't happen because they didn't want to sculpt a new line of molds without a bunch of reusable parts.

Combine that with the fact most of Mattel's actual figures have been Matty Collector only and low sales have killed Matty Collector, I'd say chances of good toys are slim to none.

At least we'll get Hotwheels, though, right?
>>
>>5865996
The Four Horsemen make those MOTUC figures look good. If you want to see what Mattel actually does on its lonesome, look at their Multiverse Suicide Squad Harley figures and dread the possibilities.
>>
>>5866329

BTTF is a license that has to tell based on the brand alone. No one is buying BTTF stuff on a whim, you buy it cause it is BTTF. Jurassic Park is different, people will buy dinosaur toys because they're dinosaurs, it doesn't matter if its JP or another brand. Dinosaur toys sell, its why so many companies make them. Mattel will now be making brand name dinosaur toys. i hope they do a good balance of dopey kids stuff and maybe a couple of collectors things.
>>
>>5864633
tfw the jungle explorer repaint was never released.
>>
>>5864633
I really don't care if Mattel is objectively worse than Hasbro in general, there's really no way this could be bad for me, personally. I mean, absolutely none of the toys released by Hasbro looked good. They were utter shit. If Mattel can't improve upon that, then whatever, I'll just continue to not buy any JP toys.

Glad PAPO is around to give us decent dino's.
>>
>>5864633
> Seems like a good opportunity to get some decent dinosaurs.
enjoy your dollar store plastic dinos that come in the "Escape Jurassic Park" hotwheel race sets
>>
>>5865073
Mattel has made NOTHING decent since AcceleRacers
>>
Well there goes the chance of classic Lego JP stuff
>>
>>5879994
I think that's less to do with Mattel and more lies in LEGO's court. Mattel does DC action figures, and we still get LEGO DC sets.

Does LEGO even have the license to do anything besides Jurassic World sets?
>>
>>5865154

Pretty sure they only exists in this day and age thanks to WB's senility (they handle DC's product division) and fanboys too undetermined to actually cancel their subs.
>>
>>5866146
As someone with hundreds of all three, no fucking way. ML is definitely the better line out of the three of Legends, WWE Elites, and DCUC/Multiverse
>>
>>5879994
Lego Dimensions could do something or we could get something in the style of the Ghostbusters lego.
>>
>>5879994
Seeing how they've been systematically denying every JP set that gets in the lego ideas round up vote, I haven't had much hope to begin with.
>>
>>5882772
Well they wont be denying this:
http://jurassicoutpost.com/new-lego-jurassic-world-dvd-film-indominus-escape-releasing-october/
>>
>>5879994
Lego should still have the building toy license. There was a period (pre-Jurassic World) where Lego turned down all design submissions related to Jurassic Park because another company (Hasbro) had the building toy rights.
>>
Can't be worse than Hasbro.

r-right?
>>
>>5872088
Not to mention Back to the Future is a dead franchise that only nostalgists in their late 30s care about while Jurassic Park had a new movie that grossed over a billion dollars last year.
>>
File: originalrex.jpg (51KB, 643x297px) Image search: [Google]
originalrex.jpg
51KB, 643x297px
They need to make something that looks like this, or I'll shoot up a mall. Ok okay, I really won't, but it would be appreciated. These cock teasing preliminary paint jobs are so heartbreaking
>>
File: T-Rex(Pre-Production)2.jpg (639KB, 900x827px) Image search: [Google]
T-Rex(Pre-Production)2.jpg
639KB, 900x827px
>>5891297

Same as this shit.
>>
The new Mattel halo figures are actually pretty good so anything's possible.i mean their DC line is utter shit but I can be cautiously optimistic.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.