[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAS-01 Optimus Prime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: TYA10000.jpg (38KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
TYA10000.jpg
38KB, 752x564px
>Less than $200
>18'' tall
>Looks nicer than the Hot Toys and 3A versions
>Comparable to the nearly $1000 Ultimetal version
>better than the MP-10 for that matter

Only catch is that it's nearly all plastic. Still, its pretty damn nice. The Hot toys one looks bland and the 3A one looks confused between the Obari style and weathering. I know there's some apprehension about non-transforming Optimus figures, but this really sold me.

Any other times a smaller/new company managed to beat bigger/more established ones like Hot toys and 3A, for cheaper?
>>
>comparing a non transformable figure to MP10, which transforms and needs to sacrifice for it
Don't go full retard, op.

Also 18" is way too big to display him with anything, man. Fuck that
>>
>>5861722
He'd make a nice centerpiece for a collection, though. I think in that regard its nicer to be a casual fan of some franchises. You can get the biggest and better looking version of a thing from that franchise without needing to worry about it matching up with other figures or needing other things to go along with it. Like I want a Hot toys 1/4 Iron Man, but don't really like other Marvel movies so just having the one would be nice.
>>
It looks no better than MP-10. Pass.
>>
>>5861710
>a transformer that doesn't transform

Fuck outta here.
>>
>>5861710
OP, I have MP-10, and a billion other primes. You'll be hard pressed to get any positive reaction about this figure on this board. This place is full of low-tier collectors. I PO'd mine at robotkingdom this afternoon. Can't wait to see it in person. I really like the chunky beefcake proportions and extreme poseability.

Most posters on /toy/ are:
- Poor.
- Sheep who follow a board mentality and cannot appreciate something if it seems the rest of the herd doesn't approve.
- Have very little space to display anything.
- They hate ALL transformers that don't transform.
- They think scale matters, as if someday they're going to create a football field sized diorama with the vast range of characters in Transformers.
- They rarely buy anything that isn't available at walmart or a LCS.
>>
>>5861945
sadly the most accurate impression of this board. people even blindly hate on statues just because they're against the 'rules' and other anons hate on them, as if it impacts your personal enjoyment level.

OP looks pretty good but i'm surprised you think it looks better than the HT version. then again this isn't almost 400 freedoms.
>>
>>5861961
>but i'm surprised you think it looks better than the HT version. then again this isn't almost 400 freedoms.

I just think it looks very confused and unimpressive design wise. It kind of feels like they took the basic design from the cartoon, which isn't bad in and of itself. Butt hen they added the realistic weathering and detailing which makes it seem unsatisfying to me. And the proportions just feel all over the place. the pelvis seems oddly misshapen; too wide and narrow.

Where as, this feels like a better thought out design that takes influence from past depictions in comics, toys,and cartoons, but creates a cool idealized design.
>>
>>5861945
Yeah nah stop projecting. Majority of the generals on /toy/ are for imports, so saying people rarely buy things outside of Walmart is crazy false.

Anyways back on topic, it looks decent but there are too many generic G1 non transforming optimus' on the market, and honestly this doesn't look anymore special.
>>
>>5861982
>honestly this doesn't look anymore special.

I don't know, the articulation and level of detail go a long way. Ultimetal looks super fancy, but its effectively a modular statue. 3A is heavily stylized. Hot Toys' articulation looks mediocre for the price point.
>>
>>5861710
>can't transform
Meh. That's the main reason I collect transformers, and not most other figures. I like the engineering and compromise involved in creating a solid robot/vehicle combo.
>>
non-transforming figures should be $10 or less for the soft detail kiddie crap, $20 at most for detailed action figures.

Soap figurines being $100 or more is bullshit, it's some company trying to charge money for their brand name because the actual product is a $15 upscaled figurine. Hot Toys, well everything they make is overpriced. Ultimetal, this, you name it, all overpriced garbage.

And again- Hasbro is a TOY COMPANY, why are they licensing their brands out to other toy companies?
>>
>>5862008
Boy, it sure would blow your mind to know that Hasbro contracts design work to Takara who occasionally then contracts design work to other companies and designers.

Things like this happen for the same reason movie studios will distribute movies by smaller studios.
>>
>>5861982
>Yeah nah stop projecting. Majority of the generals on /toy/ are for imports, so saying people rarely buy things outside of Walmart is crazy false.

I'm sure he's talking about the majority of transformers fans here on /toy/. Everything he said is pretty acurate when applied to any transfomers general thread.
>>
File: transformers laugh.gif (496KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
transformers laugh.gif
496KB, 500x324px
>>5862008

You're a perfect example of what >>5861945 wrote.
>>
>>5861800
Seconded.
>>
>>5861800
>>5862056

Its telling how apprehensive Transformer fans are to nontransforming figures of their characters. Nontransforming figures are so commonplace to other franchisesyet its really only transfans who get such a big up their butt about them. Transformers are mostly cheap quality, low end toys so it amazes me that they wouldn't relish the opportunity to get a figure with better articulation, quality, etc. Its almost as if Transformer fans aren't' actually fond of the designs of the transformers themselves, but rather, the playability of them. The're willing to excuse thousands of bland or downright ugly designs because they're "cheap and affordable" and can hide behind the transformation feature as an excuse.

How many Transformer fans would even buy a replica of an alt-mode?
>>
I almost always transform my transformers to robot mode and never back again. Robot mode is usually far nicer to display. If I wanted to display a vehicle I'd build a model.
>>
>>5862094
Because the whole reason for Transformers is to sell you puzzle figures that turn into cars and robots, if they don't do that there's no fucking point.
>>
>>5861945
>They hate ALL transformers that don't transform.
Stupid idiots wanting their transformers to transform.
>>
>>5861961
The hot toys version sucks. For all their accuracy with real actors and actresses, they dropped the ball hard on a cartoon robot. Almost every aspect of him seems slightly wrong, like an artist who tried to draw him from memory, but couldn't quite cut it.
>>
File: transformersrotfoptimus.jpg (54KB, 440x316px) Image search: [Google]
transformersrotfoptimus.jpg
54KB, 440x316px
>>5862141
He reminds me of those G1 skins you see in TF video games. Something looks just off about it.
>>
>>5861710
This actually looks really great, unlike hot toys, or most other licensed adaptations. Articulation looks sick. However, it's a tad too large for my sensibilities, and if it can't transform, I'll always favor MP 10 over it.

It's sad though. The one thing that you can easily achieve by forgoing a transformation would be cartoon accuracy, which is one of the things that neckbeard geewunners ALWAYS complain about with MP10. By adding all of that "unnecessary" detail, they've probably alienated one of the largest groups of buyers for it.
>>
>>5862151
It's the huge eyes.
>>
>>5862151
The 360 version of RotF is probably my fave TF game just because of the G1 characters. The multiplayer's decent too.
>>
File: funny-pictures-auto-687821.jpg (106KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
funny-pictures-auto-687821.jpg
106KB, 578x712px
>>5862043
and you're a retard, go figure. Enjoy your $200 action figure that does LESS than a $100 converting toy. Prove to companies you'll buy any overpriced shit because you can't understand the value of a dollar.

>4chan

The place that gave birth to the closet homos known as /pol/, go figure
>>
>>5862183
> Enjoy your $200 action figure that does LESS than a $100 converting toy.

Let's see your MP10 do an ab crunch, or sit on a chair properly.
>>
>>5861945
EXCUSE ME YOUR POST HURTS ME FEELINGS AND FORCES ME TO CONFRONT THE REALITY THAT I LIVE IN, PLEASE DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY.
>>
Looks good , too bad it's 18". I would buy it if it's smaller.
>>
>>5861974
Do you have this figure anon?

Promo shots look good but I seen this in person, it doesn't translate so well
>>
>>5861961
>defending statues
>defending a lack of articulation
>>
I expected all of these arguments, in the end its either BIG HIGHLY ARTICULATED cool looking design or transformable g1 articulated likeness.

I say there are compromises for both, you want it BIG and transforming get mp01...or better yet mpp10, the improved upscaled mp10 figure, pic related (as tall as mp01 and mp10 is smaller).

Otherwise get this guy, he's the same size as combiner wars devastator, so he has a sparring partner
>>
File: 1326769775515.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1326769775515.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>5862274
>Not enjoying both statues and action figures for what they are

What's next, saying that you can't enjoy riding a bicycle when you already own a motorcycle? Different things have different purposes and ways of being enjoyed, dude.

I like action figures way more than statues (in fact, I own hundreds of action figures and only six statues), but really, it's not that difficult to understand. Different people have different tastes and each thing has its own appeal.
>>
File: herped.png (53KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
herped.png
53KB, 438x420px
>>5861710
>can't transform
>still include the huge ass kibble chunks on the side of the legs that MP10 only had to hide the wheels for Robot mode
>>
File: TYA10000.jpg (50KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
TYA10000.jpg
50KB, 752x564px
biiiig bot
>>
>>5862094
>Its telling how apprehensive Transformer fans are to nontransforming figures of their characters.
>TRANSFORMER fans are to NONTRANSFORMING figures

you don't say

sage for weeb retardation
>>
>>5862180
>fave TF game just because of the G1 characters
If that's your biggest criteria for your favorite TF game, then it should be Devastation.
>>
>>5862480
Holy shit those are the worst proportions ever.
>>
>>5862190
>>>5862183
>> Enjoy your $200 action figure that does LESS than a $100 converting toy.
>Let's see your MP10 do an ab crunch, or sit on a chair properly.

...Or be 18" inches tall, have a totally different aesthetic/style, have lights and be covered in dead-sexy metallic paint...

I have like 10 versions of MP-10, including all 3 colours of the currently available Wei Jiang MPP-10 mold. Obviously I love that figure, I'm not sure why people can't wrap their heads around the idea of enjoying more than one interpretation of a character.

Why limit yourself to just one mold? I personally love have characters in various sizes, it's fun to pose them together.
>>
>>5862747
Hardly, they are intentionally going for thick and chunky. And as such, the proportions look fine. But where this figure will truly shine, is in dynamic poses–where it will look far better than a dynamically posed MP-10.

No matter how you look at it, it's stylized, and that's what people who like it, like it for.
>>
>>5863060 #
>thick and chunky
Yeah, no. It's like saying a girl is chubby when she actually is a morbid obese landwhale. Those proportions aren't stylized, they're fucked up.
>>
>>5863208
No body cares about your opinions, bro.

If people like think otherwise (like the guy who brought up the chunky thing), then they'll buy it if they like it. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>5862696
Idk, I love Devastation, but I like how RotF plays better, it's not as over the top. Though, RotF's melee system could've been improved upon.
>>
>>5863240
And nobody cares about yours or his either. What an useful post.
>>
>>5861722
He can go with Joes
>>
>>5862480

G1 Prime is still best Prime.
>>
>>5863290
I didn't even give an opinion, you dumbass.

Unless pointing out the fact that people have different opinions on shit is considered an "opinion" itself now.
>>
>>5861945
>- They hate ALL transformers that don't transform.

The ONLY relevant part of your comment. GTFO, triple-M scum.
>>
>>5863261
Plus, I like to play as some of the movie characters too. I'm not just an all or nothing G1 guy. One day, I hope for a TF game with characters from every corner of the TF Universe, like a big Infinite Crisis type deal.
>>
>>5863336
>No body cares about your opinions
That's an opinion, genius.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.