[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED Gimmick Unit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1521.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1521.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Has anyone else picked up any of these? It's basically a 5 inch light saber that lights up! There's an absolutely tiny LED in the hilt, and what must be a minute battery.
It's a little tricky to get the on-off switch working, and I can't imagine the battery will last for too long, so I'm going to figure out the characters and poses before I turn it on again and take photos.
I also got a blue one, and Kirito is first in line for that.
>>
>>5861576
i got one (green) and while i liked the light up effect it seems like its too expensive (10 bucks if i remember correctly).
It comes with some in-articulated hands and eight blades.
I dont think the battery will drain too fast, its a led - those things last forever, i wouldnt worry.

So yeah, fun but a bit expensive. If it were 5 dlls i would totally go for it. OR if it had two hilts.
>>
>>5861576
where does the battery even go?
>>
>>5861881

It's already inserted into the metal hilt and is non-removeable, so once it's dead, it's dead jim.
>>
>>5861576
I bought two, but the package hasn't shown up and tracking hasn't updated, so it probably got swallowed up by the mail system.

If it's what I think it is, it's not so much a tiny battery as it is the whole hilt is a battery. Those pin-shaped batteries get used in LED fishing bobbers and I've seen hobbyists convert them into Gundam sabers.
>>
All the spare blades are nice but the led is already a set color so even if you clear paint them them the effect would be a little different.

White led and battery pack coming soon isn't it?
>>
Does the hilt even fit in gunpla's hands?
>>
>>5861576
>>5861663

This is really neat tho. Is it the first light up saber for a figure?
I would've thought Hot Toys had that tech already
>>
>>5862102
It's not , they made some for the perfect grade gundams .

>>5862096
It's fits in gundam hands .

>>5861958
It's the same thing as those , probably better quality control , they just finally have official parts for them with the sabers instead of you needing to make custom parts . You should be able to replace it with them if your battery dies out .
>>
So how would these look scale-wise with a 6" figure? Too big?
>>
>>5861576
I was wondering how these were supposed to work. I assumed that since it came with hands, there would metal contacts in them which would be wired to a seperate battery that you could hide in the arm of a model or something.

I guess if you're going for a perfect, self contained lightsabre, this is the way to go, but I sincerely hope they make new battery packs or something for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 800x800px
>>5862335
They work alright with anything around that size. I got the red, green and blue
ones. Only played with blue with Drossel as she was the first figure within reach, but they're pretty cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 800x800px
>>5862549
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 800x800px
>>5862553
As an added bonus, the handle makes a great flashlight for telling scary stories
>>
>>5862549
>>5862553
>>5862555
Thanks for the quick review.
>>
File: d7f6ec75.jpg (123KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
d7f6ec75.jpg
123KB, 1280x842px
>>5862573
full review if you want to check it out.
it's in japanese so just use google translate for the page.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hobisima-rittai/MSG_LED_2016-07-27
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.